Interracial Dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, not wanting your kids to be anything other than 100% the same race as you...? Yikes. I didn't realize that people were so eager to maintain those pure aryan genes.
Actually, I know more black people with that mindset than white people.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting your children to be the same race as you, but then again, I never exactly considered the idea of marrying or having children, so I never really thought about it that much.

Reactions: Mid
It's fucking hysterical how you Americans actually bandy around terms like "interracial dating" yet still insist your society doesn't have an insane attitude to race.

And, not wanting your kids to be anything other than 100% the same race as you...? Yikes. I didn't realize that people were so eager to maintain those pure aryan genes.
YEAH WELL WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN LIL' BABY UBERMENSCH CONQUERS HIS KINDERGARDEN CLASS.

I mean, wut.

Also, I'm shocked nobody's made a "filthy mudblood" joke yet. I'll go grab my wand and terrible amount of hair grease.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Actually, I know more black people with that mindset than white people.
I wasn't trying to say that it only applies to white people. The thought that a person of any race would try to avoid potential partners (who, for all they know, could turn out to be a perfect match for them) just because they're worried about their bloodline getting diluted just... doesn't feel quite right to me. They're still definitely your kids, after all. Why should it matter where the other half of their chromosomes came from? O_o

I wasn't trying to say that it only applies to white people. The thought that a person of any race would try to avoid potential partners (who, for all they know, could turn out to be a perfect match for them) just because they're worried about their bloodline getting diluted just... doesn't feel quite right to me. They're still definitely your kids, after all. Why should it matter where the other half of their chromosomes came from? O_o
Lucius_Malfoy_CoS.jpg

You clearly don't come from a great Wizarding family. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Diseases that can be passed down by race. Increased risks for certain illnesses. It's not only about looks when it comes to genes.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
Diseases that can be passed down by race. Increased risks for certain illnesses. It's not only about looks when it comes to genes.
The reason why some diseases tend to infect certain races more than others is because of environment, education, culture, and habits. Not the race itself. No disease is exclusive to one race.

• Nice Execution!
Sickle cell. My ex had that and I would not wish it on anyone. He would be in tears whenever it acted up.

• Thank You
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
The reason why some diseases tend to infect certain races more than others is because of environment, education, culture, and habits. Not the race itself. No disease is exclusive to one race.
What is sickle cell anemia

Edit: Nydanna already said it. Go figure.

Some people theorize that sickle cell is an adaptation/mutation to combat malaria, which (as far as I'm aware of without double checking) can't infect someone with SCA.

• Thank You
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
[While I personally know several half-orcs (or, Emperor preserve us how the fuck did this happen, half-orks), half-elves and... Eugh, half-dwarves, I am personally against seeing either myself or my children having any sort of relations with the mer races. It's not against them, I understand they're all wonderful individuals and I respect their culture greatly, but I simply can't imagine raising a half-orc or half-dwarf to be a mindful and productive member of society, or teaching a half-elf to be able to eat a fuckin' cow for once.

Now, before you label me a racist, please understand-- I love all the mer races. Really, I do! I just think that humans should remain humans, orcs should remain orcs, and elves should remain elves. We don't need to stir the pot, who knows what kind of strange defects would come from two incompatible races deciding that they love each other and producing offspring? Why, in several generations, all semblance of order would be lost!]

On a more serious side, as a genetic mutt in every sense of the word, this thread has suddenly made me feel extremely thankful for a (mostly) clean bill of health.

Now I admit, some of the marriages in my immediate parents-grandparents ancestry were probably not perfect; because hot damn, dear pops had a bill of health that could hit the floor from holding it shoulder-height... But, fuck, my parents were in love and married in a subculture that didn't care about race, so I'd gladly have taken the genetic hit for them to be happy and spawn me. They loved each other, dearly, and God knows they loved me-- not once was the thought of genetic disease brought up when discussing a child. Fuck genetics, fuck race, fuck all'a'is nonsense, if someone means the world to you you'd take every disease life throws at you to be with them.

To be fair, though, I did pass up on a lot of the diseases I should have inherited from the various stages of fuckery my lineage has, so it's easy for me to sit in my (un)comfy chair and repeat the things my parents told me. Mayhaps I won the recessive gene lottery, and my child is going to be the one that inherits all of the defects that I had no idea existed, la? Truth is, doesn't matter to me. Whatever human I decide to have give me a child is going to give that lil' fuck the same love and care that brought me to love him/her, else I chose the wrong person to raise a child with.

>Makes a thread about interactial dating.

>Urgently state in another thread Racism isn't a problem in America anymore.

You can't have both. That is not how it works. This conversation would not be a thing if racism wasn't a thing. Jesus christ on a moped. If their is enough grounds to have a conversation regarding a concept I thought died out in the 70's, then your country has a FUCKED view on race. To tie this properly with the subject. I've dated men and women both black, asian, hispanic and otherwise. I grew up in immigrant heavy neighborhood.

That said. My extended family is jokingly refered to as the UN as its extremely mixed. My cousins husband is black. My other cousin married a Korean. Both couples have children. One of my aunts was married to a Chilean man, so several of my cousins are Halfhispanic, half european.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Kuno, K3l and Diana
You have to remember, not everyone can get pregnant without help. There are people who have a limited shot at having kids, and the last thing they want is for that baby to have some fatal disease. Not everyone is like me who got pregnant just by having my husband look at me for too long....

You can't have both. That is not how it works. This conversation would not be a thing if racism wasn't a thing. Jesus christ on a moped. If their is enough grounds to have a conversation regarding a concept I thought died out in the 70's, then your country has a FUCKED view on race. To tie this properly with the subject. I've dated men and women both black, asian, hispanic and otherwise. I grew up in immigrant heavy neighborhood.

That said. My extended family is jokingly refered to as the UN as its extremely mixed. My cousins husband is black. My other cousin married a Korean. Both couples have children. One of my aunts was married to a Chilean man, so several of my cousins are Halfhispanic, half european.
You guys should totally call the elder members of the family the UN Security Council.

[While I personally know several half-orcs (or, Emperor preserve us how the fuck did this happen, half-orks), half-elves and... Eugh, half-dwarves, I am personally against seeing either myself or my children having any sort of relations with the mer races. It's not against them, I understand they're all wonderful individuals and I respect their culture greatly, but I simply can't imagine raising a half-orc or half-dwarf to be a mindful and productive member of society, or teaching a half-elf to be able to eat a fuckin' cow for once.

Now, before you label me a racist, please understand-- I love all the mer races. Really, I do! I just think that humans should remain humans, orcs should remain orcs, and elves should remain elves. We don't need to stir the pot, who knows what kind of strange defects would come from two incompatible races deciding that they love each other and producing offspring? Why, in several generations, all semblance of order would be lost!]

On a more serious side, as a genetic mutt in every sense of the word, this thread has suddenly made me feel extremely thankful for a (mostly) clean bill of health.

Now I admit, some of the marriages in my immediate parents-grandparents ancestry were probably not perfect; because hot damn, dear pops had a bill of health that could hit the floor from holding it shoulder-height... But, fuck, my parents were in love and married in a subculture that didn't care about race, so I'd gladly have taken the genetic hit for them to be happy and spawn me. They loved each other, dearly, and God knows they loved me-- not once was the thought of genetic disease brought up when discussing a child. Fuck genetics, fuck race, fuck all'a'is nonsense, if someone means the world to you you'd take every disease life throws at you to be with them.

To be fair, though, I did pass up on a lot of the diseases I should have inherited from the various stages of fuckery my lineage has, so it's easy for me to sit in my (un)comfy chair and repeat the things my parents told me. Mayhaps I won the recessive gene lottery, and my child is going to be the one that inherits all of the defects that I had no idea existed, la? Truth is, doesn't matter to me. Whatever human I decide to have give me a child is going to give that lil' fuck the same love and care that brought me to love him/her, else I chose the wrong person to raise a child with.
Wait, you're not a pure blood Mongolian? I feel deceived! You even knew how to spell yurt and everything.

You have to remember, not everyone can get pregnant without help. There are people who have a limited shot at having kids, and the last thing they want is for that baby to have some fatal disease. Not everyone is like me who got pregnant just by having my husband look at me for too long....

Then they need genetically manipulated super children. Europeans have their own set of shitty genetics and diseases.

Wait, you're not a pure blood Mongolian? I feel deceived! You even knew how to spell yurt and everything.
My friend, your western way of thinking is far too shallow. If your heart sings to the steppes, and if your soul flies like an arrow loosed from a beautiful recurve bow, you are a mongolian.

Besides, with the amount of genetics passed down from conquest and children with conquered peoples, it's likely that I'm a fairly large portion mongolian.
(Shas says, being mostly (25%) Vietnamese, the only mainland asian country not conquered by the mongols)

True, but at this point it becomes more of a disease issue than a race issue. If the window of opportunity is small enough to warrant cherry-picking partners, the safest option is already adoption. God knows there are enough kids out there that need it.

• Love
Reactions: Dervish
My friend, your western way of thinking is far too shallow. If your heart sings to the steppes, and if your soul flies like an arrow loosed from a beautiful recurve bow, you are a mongolian.

Besides, with the amount of genetics passed down from conquest and children with conquered peoples, it's likely that I'm a fairly large portion mongolian.
(Shas says, being mostly (25%) Vietnamese, the only mainland asian country not conquered by the mongols)

True, but at this point it becomes more of a disease issue than a race issue. If the window of opportunity is small enough to warrant cherry-picking partners, the safest option is already adoption. God knows there are enough kids out there that need it.
That's the only real reason I can think of as to why someone would care if their child was mixed it not.

As a woman, I can understand why they may not want a mixed child and it has nothing to do with looks/genes, but more to do with a races reputation of deadbeat dads. Which race doesn't even matter for that anymore. I'm as white as Casper and my dad is the biggest deadbeat in existence. He had a lawyer write a letter to my mom when I was twelve telling her to put me up for adoption just so he wouldn't have to pay child support....

@Dervish Sooooooorry! :P

What is everyone's thoughts on interracial dating and have you seen any positivity or negativity towards it yourself? Are you in one or are you bi/multiracial yourself?
It's one of those things I don't understand why people make such a big deal about it

As a woman, I can understand why they may not want a mixed child and it has nothing to do with looks/genes, but more to do with a races reputation of deadbeat dads, which anymore race doesn't even matter for that. I'm as white as Casper and my dad is the biggest deadbeat in existence. He had a lawyer write a letter to my mom when I was twelve telling her to put me up for adoption just so he wouldn't have to pay child support....
Thankfully, deadbeat assholes seem to be a product of humanity, not one race in particular; that, as well as the type of place you grab your gents from. Volunteering at foster homes has enlightened me to how every color of the racial rainbow can diffract into douchebaggery.

I guess, in the end, racial reputation, ethnic aesthetic and genetic predisposition are the only reasons to shy away from a mixed child or a dad of different demographic design-- since the first and third are more or less (to make a broad statement on a widespread issue) on their way out the door, it's become less and less of an issue.

I will agree with Hellis' earlier point though, this entire issue is something we probably should'a left in the 70's along with 'Nam.

I never stated that racism wasn't a problem in America anymore. I said that it's not as rampant in society as social justice types THINK that it is and WANT it to be. Kinda like feminism and the patriarchy bullshit they spout. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're saying those things. Another thing I forgot to address is that SJWs think that they can eradicate racism by being racist themselves. Newsflash: Racism will always exist. Why? Because humans are a flawed species.

It's fucking hysterical how you Americans actually bandy around terms like "interracial dating" yet still insist your society doesn't have an insane attitude to race.
Excuse me? Pardon my language but you can bugger off, it's fucking hysterical how you judge all Americans based on the actions of only some of them, I've never bandied around any such term in my entire life, don't sit there and talk about how Americans are racist while you label all Americans with the same brush in the same breath

I don't wanna get hostile Grumpy, but you need to be called out on that one, not cool dude

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.