Initiation: A Story of Young Heroes OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post sometime later today does anyone wanna do a collaboration post?

76beff161aac3a94114c262b5535542d.jpg

Name:
Quinton Chester Moreau
Vigilante (Superhero) Name:
Fade
15 years old
Height:
5'7
Superpowers/Skills:
Teleportation: Quinton can shift to different locations for easy travels and for combat, his ability makes him fade to a black aftermath smoke and disappear to another location. His ability makes him teleport around city limits, since his abilities haven't gotten to greater limits. He is working on remote teleportation, where he can teleport different items to places he thinks about.
Adoptive muscle memory: Quin's memory adapts to whatever he sees, and whenever he watches something on television, or sees something in real life, he can adapt it to his physical and mental being. Examples of these are seeing a ufc fight, and adapting the fighting skills, or seeing somebody speak another language and copying the words of the language in your dialogue and understand the words.

Weakness:
Teleportation: Quin cannot teleport past a certain distance, close to a regular city length at a time, it also tires him out if he does close to that limit or at or higher then the limit. His remote teleportation can only be used for smaller items, since he recently acquired the skill, and no living organisms can be remote teleported

Adoptive Muscle Memory: His ability can only work on realistic items, like seeing somebody fight on television, but not something like superman punching somebody into a building. Also he cannot adapt superpowers because they are way too hard to adapt, which needs a mastery of the ability to even try to adapt a power.

Mentor:
Former: Pitch black/Father
Now: Vincent Mathers/Uncle
Personality:
Quin best trait is his determination, When Quin strives for something he wants to do or believes in, he won't rest until he reaches whatever he strives for, getting this trait from his father. He also is loyal towards others and when he starts to get to know others, his loyalty becomes stronger. Quin also has an anger issue, so when something happens that he doesn't like, he will fight the argument. Quin is confident in himself, but doesn't like talking about his past, which he is ashamed of. Quin is clumsy and loves to have fun, whenever he has the chance, he will have fun with his friends.
Bio:
Quin was born from his mother and father, his father having abilities and his mother wasn't. His fathers power was darkness manipulation, the ability to control darkness and shadows, it was difficult for him early on to control it and to make sure it doesn't take his mind and body over, but as he grew he learned to control it better. He started to help out others and learned to use the ability for good, become a super hero. He later on met his soon to be wife and they got married.

As Quin grew up, he looked up to his father, and so did his mother. When he was six, they learned that he also had abilities, his father taught him a bit about combat, but couldn't teach him much since his teleporting power was much different from his fathers abilities. His father chose the name pitch black, and was a well known hero, which a lot of people around the world looked up to. But after a huge threat arrived, having the power of super strength and a healing factor, everything changed.

He fought the man of unknown name, and used a lot of his power to fight him, but it wasn't enough, the man wouldn't hit the ground. Pitch black knew he couldn't beat him with his abilities, so in order to make sure this creature doesn't destroy the city, he decided to use his absolute power to destroy him, after using the darkness, he disintegrated him. The following months were hard for pitch, as the darkness at times would make him lash out, it was starting to corrupt his mind. His mother noticed those behaviors and called him out on it, she started yelling at him to not let it consume him and to let go of his mind. After being annoyed and angered, he let out a beam of darkness causing her to hit the wall, killing her. Pitch was shocked and horrified of what he did, he ran away that night and never came back.

An eight year old Quin, watched through the door crack of what happened, and when he left through a window, Quin ran to her to help her, calling 911. The police and ambulances came to help her, but it was too late. Quin went to live with his uncle, who Quin's father was real close too. The government hid the news of what really happened that night, and had said that Pitch black and his mother were killed in their sleep, by a gunshot.

Quin wasn't happy that he had to live with his uncle, later having an anger problem and a mild PTSD. His uncle was protective of him and didn't want any seeing that he had powers, knowing the government would want to make him a hero to replace his father. Quin wanted to become a hero, he didn't want to become what his father became, but wanted to help those who would become victims of those with abilities. Two years later he learned about his other power, Adaptive Muscle memory and started to watch UFC fights and adapting there combat. His uncle Vince walked in on him punching Vince's sand bag, and asked him what he was doing, he told him that he wanted to become a hero.

Vince sat down with him and told him that he had abilities also, which were teleportation like Quin. He told him that he would train him if only he wouldn't be using it to become a superhero, and that the time would come to become one, he agreed and Vince trained him with his abilities. He learned a lot about teleporting and knew the standards of the abilities, it took a long time and by the time he was 14, he was ready to help. His uncle told him to be careful and to not screw with the powers, which he promised he wouldn't, but obviously disobeyed.

His uncle became a role model to him and was glad to have him in his life, but a lot changed when all the adults disappeared, so he swore to find out whoever did this and try to ban together with others who also had abilities.

Appearance:
(Just without the mask, and smaller.)
19NCRRangerFalloutNewVegas_1336003264.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to sound too picky but do you think you could pick a different background? That picture is really terrible for putting text over with all the difficult colors and it's damn near impossible to read.

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
I don't want to sound too picky but do you think you could pick a different background? That picture is really terrible for putting text over with all the difficult colors and it's damn near impossible to read.
I second this.

oops sorry will change

That's, uh, slightly better, but you just really don't want something with opposite colors like black and white, even if it's just a little bit of white and a lot of black.

That's, uh, slightly better, but you just really don't want something with opposite colors like black and white, even if it's just a little bit of white and a lot of black.
Don't worry i am testing some out, I'll tell you when i found the final background, thanks for the input :)

Oh okay, thanks a ton.

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
I'll that as a no that nobody want to do a collab post.

I've never been a fan of them, personally. Too much hassle.

I like them if it's just two characters for a while so that way they can advance the story allot more.

Reactions: Ko T'suno
That's a pretty cool idea, putting two characters in one post, or collab posting. I'll pass, but I like the idea of molding them together with enough work. ♥

Alright I put a post up, Burner is on the scene.

@Moogle-Girl

Actually it's really just a product of my stupidity. I originally designed the character to be a boy, but seeing the majority of heroes were male I made some changes and made her a girl. I guess some pronouns got passed my editing. I should of got them all now to avoid confusion. The voice doesn't really have a gender. It's more of a representation of repressed darkness within her and really all people.

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Also I've just noticed we have 3 black palet based young heroes, two of which with guns I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.