Initiation: A Story of Young Heroes OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** ATTENTION ALL****

This is a casual/advance to so more than two/three (5-10+) will be considered the minimum. Thank you.

Reactions: neptune
**** ATTENTION ALL****

This is a casual/advance to so more than two/three (5-10+) will be considered the minimum. Thank you.
What?

**** ATTENTION ALL****

This is a casual/advance RP, so more than two/three paragraphs (5-10+ Sentences each) will be considered the minimum. Thank you.

Edited :)

That makes so much more sense lol

Oh, for some reason I thought you meant 5-10+ characters and I was REALLY scared. 'Bout to drop this thing like nobody's business, haha!

Name: Diego Ortega

Vigilante (Superhero) Name: Burner

Height: 5'10

Superpowers/Skills:
Pyrokinesis, the ability to create and control fire around. His abilities extend to the fire around him as well. Though it is unclear as to whether or not his fire is chemical or magical. His abilities are controlled but set free he could wind up burning himself out and causing serious damage in a block radius. His powers also grant him an immunity to fire, and most burns.

Weakness: His fire still abides by the rules of science. Water can extinguish it unless it's hot enough. It cannot be produced without oxygen to burn.

Mentor:
Pyra, a heroine with the ability to coat her body in fire and fly.

Personality: Diego is a stand offish young man. He's not a mean guy but he can be a if he feels he's been betrayed or wronged. He is flirty with women and often likes to view himself as a ladies man. Diego prefers to be with people but if he knows nobody then he'd rather be on his own. He's not someone who's easily backed down but will shrug off conflict if it makes things easier.

Bio: Born in the slums Aerial City his mother played a crucial part in his upbringing. However he very often chooses to neglect her in stories of his childhood. At the age of 10 his mother promised she would return one night after she left. It was several days before he called his grandmother, (his fathers mother) who came to pick him up. He moved into her home on the slightly nicer side of town, still there were some complications. There were many local bullies and Diego was not the best at making nice. One boy, Trevor was particularly nasty towards Diego. They were in middle school when things got really bad. Trevor liked to wait for someone to come around a corner at school and push them down hard. Diego was used to it but one day Trevor laid into him heavily. He hit his head on the linoleum and his arms shot out wide, bursts of flame shot from them. Trevor's sleeves caught on fire and the boy ran away. When Diego was sent to the office it was assumed he'd been carrying a lighter and that Trevor had been the target of his aggression. Diego's expulsion was near immediate. His grandmother allowed him to be home schooled but eventually Diego took to entertaining himself in his down time.

He experimented with his powers, and eventually gained fair control of them. However they were not easily stopped if they burned too hot. So eventually he learned to form low heat but high density fireballs, capable of knocking things over but not burning them entirely. However when he was 15 he accidentally lobbed one over the side of his grandmother's apartment roof and it hit street level. Homeland security showed up after local PD thought a bomb had gone off, the hero Pyra had been in the area and investigated. She flew high above and saw him watching the scene from his rooftop. She flew down to question him about what he'd seen and spotted the many singed cups, melted bottles and blown up soda cans. When she pressed him for information he was more than happy to oblige to a pretty lady with similar powers. He showed her his ability to produce his fire, and what he could do. She called off Homeland Security through some cunning misdirection and had a long conversation with his grandmother. It was decided that Pyra would teach him to control his abilities, and that he'd work alongside her as her sidekick. Though it hasnt been easy for Pyra, as Diego continued to train he got more and more distant from her. Eventually he'd sneak out on his own and prevent crime on his own streets. She made him a costume to show her good faith in him and gave him the moniker Burner.

But it did little, as he never wore it and eventually the pair had a falling out. Though she'd never admit it, she kept tabs on him often.

2cy47pk.jpg

He stands at average height with wide shoulders and a dangerous cut to his jaw. Though his eyes would convey anger he is often in a clam state.​

Wolf, your character is accepted, I'll post em in the accepted characters later.

Currently working on my character and IC at the SAME TIME!!!!!!!!

@-QT-

I changed the illusion power so it says that she has to concentrate on the target and has to put all of her focus on the target. So she really can't do it in the middle of the battle unless she is hidden. Also it goes without saying that it doesn't affect cyborgs due to the robotics in their brains.

Oh god, I need a banner. I can't believe I just remembered that now....

@-QT-

I changed the illusion power so it says that she has to concentrate on the target and has to put all of her focus on the target. So she really can't do it in the middle of the battle unless she is hidden. Also it goes without saying that it doesn't affect cyborgs due to the robotics in their brains.
hmmmmmm.......................I guess I can accept that *thumbs up*

Just please be careful with that power and do not OP. That is the only request.

Of course. No fun being op.

Hey Monica, out of curiosity who are all the male pronouns in your CS referring to? The voice in the amulet, or...?

Hey Monica, out of curiosity who are all the male pronouns in your CS referring to? The voice in the amulet, or...?
I was also curious about this and I assumed the amulet as well, but it would be nice to know for sure c:

Also I had a neat thought: what if Zeke's dad works for the same group that gave Spot his powers?

**** Do note that all adults 18 and over are currently or will be sucked into this dark zone/dimension thang that Mercy created ****

I am almost done, will be up today!

Status
Not open for further replies.