Initiation: A Story of Young Heroes OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurrah, what kind of hero you got planned?

I've already gone ahead and made a CS and I pm'ed it to QT this morning. He approved of it (he was not biased either) but I've been waiting for him to tell me to either put it up or he'll just add it to the list.

---

Update: he said yes.

Once again, this has been approved via PM

Name: Ariyah Porter

Vigilante (Superhero) Name: Siren

Height: 5'4" or 64"

Superpowers: The nickname Siren serves Ariyah justice, seeing as how her abilities would have people thinking that she came right out of a greek mythology story. She possesses the ability of limited aquatic respiration, which allows her to remain underwater for an extended amount of time before she must come up for air again. In conjunction with aquatic respiration, Ariyah can manipulate sound waves. The manipulation is to an extent; Ariyah can only manipulate her own by either making herself louder or not heard at all. She specializes in 'Siren Song' which is where her nickname arises from. Ariyah is able to emit an almost melodic sound when she speaks (or sings if she chooses to) that could lure those towards her. Her final power is water manipulation where she has the capability of using water as a weapon, but it's an ability she has yet to master.

Skills:
Ariyah is a proficient swimmer and runner. Her stamina is a bit above the normalcy due to her years spent swimming on her own. That's about it though. Ariyah has no experience in self defense, although she could probably fend for herself in water.

Weakness:
-
Her aquatic respiration will only be 'held' for a certain amount of time, and it also depends on the depth that she's in. The deeper she goes, the less oxygen she is able to get out of the water.
-Although Ariyah is a sound manipulator, loud noises do hurt her. She can only manipulate the noises that she makes but can not control external forces; and the louder the noise is, the more it causes her to be in pain.
-When it comes to her 'specialization' in Siren Song, Ariyah is only able to lure/hypnotize only the weak minded and the weak willed. She is still learning how to control this ability, seeing as it is still somewhat involuntarily done.

Personality:
Ariyah is a very strong willed young woman who tends to voice her opinion when she thinks is necessary, but she knows when to choose her battles. She does come across as timid at first, seeing as how she likes to observes before speaking to strangers but once she is befriended, it's easy to get along with her.

Bio:
Ariyah never really expected to become anything in life. In her mind, she believed that she would grow up without telling anyone of what she was capable of and settle down as an adult, somewhere far away. The young woman wanted nothing to do with anything that had to deal with violence or the supernatural.

Unknowingly being the product of a human and an Atlantean being, she lived with only her mother in a small, too bedroom apartment near the school she went to. Her mother, being a lawyer, was able to care for the two of them and still have sufficient money for them to go out and do leisurely activities but Ariyah chose to only go to a lake and swim.

However much the young woman tried to be a loner, Ariyah had found herself saving people from drowning, along with talking people out of doing wrong. Along with the good, there came the bad. Not being able to control the majority of her abilities, Ariyah decided to stay and reach out to others that could do what humans couldn't.

Appearance:
Standing at 5'4" and weighing around 137, Ariyah is not as slim as others of her height category. She has prominent curves that are only accentuated by the fitting clothing that she wears so that nothing gets in her way when and if she's being chased. Her hair is constantly dyed silver, because to her, it is the only way she can truly express herself. She has bright blue eyes that some could say match the waters of crystal clear beaches.

*this picture was the closest thing to what I envision her to look like*

47e645f317c71698364bfa6e813b6774.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a hard time finding a background and then the bb codes got really messed up so i gave up, but the sheet is done if anyone wants to read and waiting for approval from QT

76beff161aac3a94114c262b5535542d.jpg

Name:
Quinton Chester Moreau
Vigilante (Superhero) Name:
Fade
15 years old
Height:
5'7
Superpowers/Skills:
Teleportation: Quinton can shift to different locations for easy travels and for combat, his ability makes him fade to a black aftermath smoke and disappear to another location. His ability makes him teleport around city limits, since his abilities haven't gotten to greater limits. He is working on remote teleportation, where he can teleport different items to places he thinks about.
Adoptive muscle memory: Quin's memory adapts to whatever he sees, and whenever he watches something on television, or sees something in real life, he can adapt it to his physical and mental being. Examples of these are seeing a ufc fight, and adapting the fighting skills, or seeing somebody speak another language and copying the words of the language in your dialogue and understand the words.

Weakness:
Teleportation: Quin cannot teleport past a certain distance, close to a regular city length at a time, it also tires him out if he does close to that limit or at or higher then the limit. His remote teleportation can only be used for smaller items, since he recently acquired the skill, and no living organisms can be remote teleported

Adoptive Muscle Memory: His ability can only work on realistic items, like seeing somebody fight on television, but not something like superman punching somebody into a building. Also he cannot adapt superpowers because they are way too hard to adapt, which needs a mastery of the ability to even try to adapt a power.

Mentor:
Former: Pitch black/Father
Now: Vincent Mathers/Uncle
Personality:
Quin best trait is his determination, When Quin strives for something he wants to do or believes in, he won't rest until he reaches whatever he strives for, getting this trait from his father. He also is loyal towards others and when he starts to get to know others, his loyalty becomes stronger. Quin also has an anger issue, so when something happens that he doesn't like, he will fight the argument. Quin is confident in himself, but doesn't like talking about his past, which he is ashamed of. Quin is clumsy and loves to have fun, whenever he has the chance, he will have fun with his friends.
Bio:
Quin was born from his mother and father, his father having abilities and his mother wasn't. His fathers power was darkness manipulation, the ability to control darkness and shadows, it was difficult for him early on to control it and to make sure it doesn't take his mind and body over, but as he grew he learned to control it better. He started to help out others and learned to use the ability for good, become a super hero. He later on met his soon to be wife and they got married.

As Quin grew up, he looked up to his father, and so did his mother. When he was six, they learned that he also had abilities, his father taught him a bit about combat, but couldn't teach him much since his teleporting power was much different from his fathers abilities. His father chose the name pitch black, and was a well known hero, which a lot of people around the world looked up to. But after a huge threat arrived, having the power of super strength and a healing factor, everything changed.

He fought the man of unknown name, and used a lot of his power to fight him, but it wasn't enough, the man wouldn't hit the ground. Pitch black knew he couldn't beat him with his abilities, so in order to make sure this creature doesn't destroy the city, he decided to use his absolute power to destroy him, after using the darkness, he disintegrated him. The following months were hard for pitch, as the darkness at times would make him lash out, it was starting to corrupt his mind. His mother noticed those behaviors and called him out on it, she started yelling at him to not let it consume him and to let go of his mind. After being annoyed and angered, he let out a beam of darkness causing her to hit the wall, killing her. Pitch was shocked and horrified of what he did, he ran away that night and never came back.

An eight year old Quin, watched through the door crack of what happened, and when he left through a window, Quin ran to her to help her, calling 911. The police and ambulances came to help her, but it was too late. Quin went to live with his uncle, who Quin's father was real close too. The government hid the news of what really happened that night, and had said that Pitch black and his mother were killed in their sleep, by a gunshot.

Quin wasn't happy that he had to live with his uncle, later having an anger problem and a mild PTSD. His uncle was protective of him and didn't want any seeing that he had powers, knowing the government would want to make him a hero to replace his father. Quin wanted to become a hero, he didn't want to become what his father became, but wanted to help those who would become victims of those with abilities. Two years later he learned about his other power, Adaptive Muscle memory and started to watch UFC fights and adapting there combat. His uncle Vince walked in on him punching Vince's sand bag and punched a whole through the bag.

Vince sat down with him and told him that he had abilities also, which were teleportation like Quin. He told him that he would train him if only he wouldn't be using it to become a superhero, and that the time would come to become one, he agreed and Vince trained him with his abilities. He learned a lot about teleporting and knew the standards of the abilities, it took a long time and by the time he was 14, he was ready to help. His uncle told him to be careful and to not screw with the powers, which he promised he wouldn't, but obviously disobeyed.

His uncle became a role model to him and was glad to have him in his life, but a lot changed when all the adults disappeared, so he swore to find out whoever did this and try to ban together with others who also had abilities.

Appearance:
(Just without the mask, and smaller.)
19NCRRangerFalloutNewVegas_1336003264.jpg
There's a part in your character's Bio where you have Quinton use his "Muscle Memory" power to punch a hole through a punching bag. This contradicts what one of your weakness is, where your character CAN NOT copy superhuman abilities. I would prefer if your character had standard human strength, just having the two abilities to learn fighting styles/languages and teleportation. That way another of his weaknesses can be that he is prone to injury like any other human person. Thanks

Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
Once again, this has been approved via PM

Name: Ariyah Porter

Vigilante (Superhero) Name: Siren

Height: 5'4" or 64"

Superpowers: The nickname Siren serves Ariyah justice, seeing as how her abilities would have people thinking that she came right out of a greek mythology story. She possesses the ability of limited aquatic respiration, which allows her to remain underwater for an extended amount of time before she must come up for air again. In conjunction with aquatic respiration, Ariyah can manipulate sound waves. The manipulation is to an extent; Ariyah can only manipulate her own by either making herself louder or not heard at all. She specializes in 'Siren Song' which is where her nickname arises from. Ariyah is able to emit an almost melodic sound when she speaks (or sings if she chooses to) that could lure those towards her.

Skills:
Ariyah is a proficient swimmer and runner. Her stamina is a bit above the normalcy due to her years spent swimming on her own. That's about it though. Ariyah has no experience in self defense, although she could probably fend for herself in water.

Weakness:
-
Her aquatic respiration will only be 'held' for a certain amount of time, and it also depends on the depth that she's in. The deeper she goes, the less oxygen she is able to get out of the water.
-Although Ariyah is a sound manipulator, loud noises do hurt her. She can only manipulate the noises that she makes but can not control external forces; and the louder the noise is, the more it causes her to be in pain.
-When it comes to her 'specialization' in Siren Song, Ariyah is only able to lure/hypnotize only the weak minded and the weak willed. She is still learning how to control this ability, seeing as it is still somewhat involuntarily done.

Personality:
Ariyah is a very strong willed young woman who tends to voice her opinion when she thinks is necessary, but she knows when to choose her battles. She does come across as timid at first, seeing as how she likes to observes before speaking to strangers but once she is befriended, it's easy to get along with her.

Bio:
Ariyah never really expected to become anything in life. In her mind, she believed that she would grow up without telling anyone of what she was capable of and settle down as an adult, somewhere far away. The young woman wanted nothing to do with anything that had to deal with violence or the supernatural.

Unknowingly being the product of a human and an Atlantean being, she lived with only her mother in a small, too bedroom apartment near the school she went to. Her mother, being a lawyer, was able to care for the two of them and still have sufficient money for them to go out and do leisurely activities but Ariyah chose to only go to a lake and swim.

However much the young woman tried to be a loner, Ariyah had found herself saving people from drowning, along with talking people out of doing wrong. Along with the good, there came the bad. Not being able to control the majority of her abilities, Ariyah decided to stay and reach out to others that could do what humans couldn't.

Appearance:
Standing at 5'4" and weighing around 137, Ariyah is not as slim as others of her height category. She has prominent curves that are only accentuated by the fitting clothing that she wears so that nothing gets in her way when and if she's being chased. Her hair is constantly dyed silver, because to her, it is the only way she can truly express herself. She has bright blue eyes that some could say match the waters of crystal clear beaches.

*this picture was the closest thing to what I envision her to look like*

47e645f317c71698364bfa6e813b6774.jpg
I've added her to the "Approved Character" slots.

Reactions: Wolverbells
Quuueesttiiiion! Are the adults already sucked up and the deed is done and over or is it still occurring that they fluttering towards the black hole Mercy created?

Quuueesttiiiion! Are the adults already sucked up and the deed is done and over or is it still occurring that they fluttering towards the black hole Mercy created?
It is still occurring but cannot be stopped. And if for say your character attempts to grab on to an adult, once she/he reaches the void, it'll shoot your butt right back down to earth. So you'll die from the fall. Unless you can fly

images

• Thank You
Reactions: yvi.
Prior to reaching Mercy herself, some of your characters might come across SHADOW BEINGS. If that's what you want to have happen, it is up to you to write it your own way, do not expect me to send NPC's after all of you - there's just too many of you people!

So, Shadow Beings are considered NPC's that you guys can control. For example, I will be having my character Night Rider/Daryl Henderson run into some shadowy thangs or possible help some of you guys' characters fight them off.

Reactions: beautie
Aww geez, how did I not get any of these notifications?! I'll post soon enough.

Reactions: -QT-
hi there sorry its so long, usually my first posts tend to be like that also im half asleep goodnight

Prior to reaching Mercy herself, some of your characters might come across SHADOW BEINGS. If that's what you want to have happen, it is up to you to write it your own way, do not expect me to send NPC's after all of you - there's just too many of you people!

So, Shadow Beings are considered NPC's that you guys can control. For example, I will be having my character Night Rider/Daryl Henderson run into some shadowy thangs or possible help some of you guys' characters fight them off.
okay ill change it after school

Reactions: -QT-
I wasn't getting alerts for either thread :/ Don't know what happened, but I'll have a post up soon! If anyone wants to already know/be friends with Ebert, PM me and we'll work it out c:

Alright errors have been fixed!

Are the shadow beings solid, or could you phase right through them?

Accepted. I'll have him added to the approved characters once I can get to a computer.
Okay great! Thanks :)

@Moogle-Girl

Sorry for not getting to you on your question about Zekes dad and stuff. The answer is yes. I wouldn't mind tying a couple of other people's organs to his.

Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.