InFamous [In-Character]

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Luciana."
Sayuri spoke the name once, committing it to memory in case she was partnered up with the girl again. From the corner of her eye, it appeared that the other girl was worried about fitting in Sayuri's clothes. She tossed the girl one of her baggier shirts just in case. Meanwhile, she considered the idea that being in a hostage situation together made you close enough to give away personal information. Yuri didn't disagree with that mentality, but she didn't necessarily agree either.

With a smirk, Yuri looked over at the girl, handing her some jeans. "Do I look like the frilly dress type to you?" She asked, before moving away to start putting her pile of clothes away while Luciana changed. She was done in no time and immediately pulled out her phone to message the boss man.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carbine: @Fenix - Meet to talk about displaced Conduit or discuss online?
….Sent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think I said it already, but my name is Sayuri." She completely blew off the comment about Yuri's clothes. Whether the other girl had a problem with her style or not did not bother her in the slightest. Most of her things were pretty bland. "I don't have a code name for… whatever it is we're doing, at the moment." The woman pulled the clip from her sidearm, releasing the bullet from the chamber, and storing the weapon away. "That's an interesting ability you have. Bones?"

@Jeremi @Atomyk

"Luciana." Sayuri spoke the name once, committing it to memory in case she was partnered up with the girl again. From the corner of her eye, it appeared that the other girl was worried about fitting in Sayuri's clothes. She tossed the girl one of her baggier shirts just in case. Meanwhile, she considered the idea that being in a hostage situation together made you close enough to give away personal information. Yuri didn't disagree with that mentality, but she didn't necessarily agree either.

With a smirk, Yuri looked over at the girl, handing her some jeans. "Do I look like the frilly dress type to you?" She asked, before moving away to start putting her pile of clothes away while Luciana changed. She was done in no time and immediately pulled out her phone to message the boss man.

Carbine: @Fenix - Meet to talk about displaced Conduit or discuss online?
….Sent.

"I think I said it already, but my name is Sayuri." She completely blew off the comment about Yuri's clothes. Whether the other girl had a problem with her style or not did not bother her in the slightest. Most of her things were pretty bland. "I don't have a code name for… whatever it is we're doing, at the moment." The woman pulled the clip from her sidearm, releasing the bullet from the chamber, and storing the weapon away. "That's an interesting ability you have. Bones?"

@Jeremi @Atomyk

"People can surprise," Luciana replied looking over the jeans. Yeah...this totally fit. As Sayuri replied back on the phone Luciana was doing her best to cram herself into the jeans. Snug fit...but it will have to do.

"I just use the code name cause, you know, it's a thing I guess." To her second question Luciana made a bone needle emerge from her palm. "Yeah, when I got them I looked like a damn porcupine, but I've gotten the hang of it, at least I can hide the bones now. As powers go they're okay, I guess. Not teleporting that's actually useful for others than stabbing."

@SoleStride

"I guess you're right…" Yuri responded to the comment about people being capable of surprising. Though Sayuri was certain that she was pretty straight forward. "If you want sweats instead, I have a pair somewhere." She stood up. She'd not given the woman sweats because most people preferred to wear jeans. Since they were nicer in public than sweats were, or at least she assumed that was the reason. "You're probably right about the code name too. It's best to have one when we're doing missions if we don't want anyone to find out who we are. I'll probably need one soon. I don't want you saying my name in front of the police. If the military find out what I am, I'll be discharged - dishonorably, I'm sure."

She looked over at Luciana, watching her use her ability to force some of her bone to protrude from her hand. The porcupine image was amusing, causing her to smile a little at the thought. But she could only shake her head at the comment about the teleporting. "It's uh… an interdimensional portal. I think. And it wasn't handy in the beginning. It takes a lot of effort to not let the portal close too early and cut someone in half. Nearly killed someone in the first few days. Neighborhood kid ran into one of my unstable portals. The portal closed early and sliced part of his shirt right off. A fraction of a second sooner and it could have been an arm, or a leg, or his head – who knows?" She shrugged haphazardly. "At least you can control stabbing at all times."

@Jeremi

"I guess you're right…" Yuri responded to the comment about people being capable of surprising. Though Sayuri was certain that she was pretty straight forward. "If you want sweats instead, I have a pair somewhere." She stood up. She'd not given the woman sweats because most people preferred to wear jeans. Since they were nicer in public than sweats were, or at least she assumed that was the reason. "You're probably right about the code name too. It's best to have one when we're doing missions if we don't want anyone to find out who we are. I'll probably need one soon. I don't want you saying my name in front of the police. If the military find out what I am, I'll be discharged - dishonorably, I'm sure."

She looked over at Luciana, watching her use her ability to force some of her bone to protrude from her hand. The porcupine image was amusing, causing her to smile a little at the thought. But she could only shake her head at the comment about the teleporting. "It's uh… an interdimensional portal. I think. And it wasn't handy in the beginning. It takes a lot of effort to not let the portal close too early and cut someone in half. Nearly killed someone in the first few days. Neighborhood kid ran into one of my unstable portals. The portal closed early and sliced part of his shirt right off. A fraction of a second sooner and it could have been an arm, or a leg, or his head – who knows?" She shrugged haphazardly. "At least you can control stabbing at all times."

@Jeremi

"I dunno about that," Luciana stated with a smirk. "There's times when idiots make it really hard for me to not stab them." She figured that the conversation needed some levity after what Sayuri told her about the teleporting. "Well thanks for not cutting any bits of me off then. Also don't sweat on the jeans...I can make them work just fine."

@SoleStride

Inexplicably, it wasn't possible to get an identity of the device interfacing with Cynthia's. She could tell, however, that a signal was coming from the crowd in front of her. Either someone had some very advanced security, or something more was going on here.

It was hard to tell whether the counter-message went through, but soon Cynthia received more messages.

Oh! Oh, wow. I'm sorry, this is probably a bit weird for you. Usually, when I do this, people don't usually have the ability to try and do something about it. I'm kind of glad, though, because I don't usually get to speak with people who understand. I think I noticed something odd in line. Is that you?
Cynthia furrowed her brows, her focus on the computer screen in front of her only growing more intense as she would receive more and more messages from this mysterious stranger. Although she had initially been impressed, now she was becoming somewhat annoyed. Who did this person think they were trying to make contact with her? The young woman honestly hoped this individual wasn't an ordinary human being. They had asked her a question that could potentially reveal the fact that she was a conduit to this person and others.

But then again, why should she be frightened of this question? Her appearance as Cynthia was a false one, and even if this person learned more about her powers didn't mean that she knew her true identity. Nobody did.

So, for now, Cynthia decided to play along, yet again writing a reply back to this stranger.

Maybe it is.

Ordinary people don't usually notice anything odd about me though.

Who are you?

@Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.