Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Modern, Modern Fantasy, Multiverse/Panfandom, Mystery, Paranormal, Scifi, Survival
OOC Thread

A8e2J0Q.jpg

A muggy air hung heavily over Millennium City. It was late May, and the first heatwaves of Summer were beginning to hit hard. It was a bit unseasonably warm, but considering the strange weather that had followed in the wake of the incident half a year ago, this was closer to a stretch of normalcy.

The nights felt long, the days felt longer, and the people were more unhappy than ever.

The city was far from still. Even though the incident was still fresh in everyone's mind, life went on regardless. The emerging threat of Conduits kept some at bay, scared to go out at night, but it was not enough to slow Millennium City. For some, Conduits were no more a threat than the average criminal that one could encounter on the city streets, but most knew it wouldn't be long before even these people had to face the reality of what this new evolution of human being was truly capable of.

There had been a fire in the neighborhood of Newport only a few months ago when the nights were still cool, notoriously caused by some freak Conduit accident. A warehouse that had thought to be vacant was set ablaze, killing one and injuring five others. It eventually came to light that the building had been used by those with powers, forced out onto the streets thanks to their families who had been scared of them. Most of these Conduits were teens, but the plight of homeless youth paled in comparison to the fact that a kid with powers had lost control and killed himself.

Newport, as a result, became a part of Millennium City with a stigma associated with the growing anti-Conduit movement. Traffic in the area decreased as people began to avoid it, ironically making it and some of the surrounding neighborhoods popular Conduit meeting places. By May, there was a push to police such areas heavily out of fear, but no such action had yet to be implemented.

Despite the growing potential for Newport to be cracked down upon, many Conduits had little choice in the matter. Many of them were disorganized, lost, and trying to find a place where they belonged in light of their newfound abilities. It was hardly rare for a Conduit to be on the move, picking up their lives and striking out for a place where they would be more accepted. Either by fate or grand coincidence, Millennium City became one such beacon to Conduits, much like its smaller neighborhood of Newport.

One new group was forming this night, one that would follow in the footsteps of others and use Newport as their meeting ground. Either by word of mouth or the internet, the word got out there, reaching just enough for it all to be worth it. None of them had yet to meet or even knew the identity of who was trying to bring them together. All they knew was an address and a code phrase: "Iron Butterfly."

Two blocks surrounding the old warehouse were the quietest in all of Newport, with some Conduits too superstitious to hang around where one of them had met their untimely end. Even with that in mind, it was this area that this new group were to meet. With instructions to not approach the building from the front, they found themselves at what was once an office and storage building. Now it was empty, the building mysteriously bought only a few weeks previously.

Someone was there to meet them, shrouded by a large hoodie. Judging by their voice when they asked for the phrase, they were female. When the right phrase was said, the girl walked toward the metal roll-up door nearby and knocked on it twice. The door rose just enough for someone to slip under and the girl gestured for her guest to go in. "Don't worry," she said, sounding friendly. "No more secrecy once you all get here."

Once inside, the guest was surrounded by a large and empty room once used for the storage of office supplies and heavy equipment. A man stood nearby, looking tanned, tall, and built like a rock. All he did was nod away from the door, signaling for the guest to wait until all had arrived.

Last edited:
"Babe, I'm just sayin....."

"Saying what, Pete? Huh?"

"You know? You don't need to do this, Bella. This is fucking dangerous. "

Parked on the side of the street, the man known as Pete crumpled up a ball of tin foil as he chucked in the back seat. Crumbs from a Cheeseburger A firearm was on car's console along with an Add to Police officer's badge. The woman known as Bella frowned as the tin ball was tossed. Rearvching back and grabbing it, she place the trash in a brown bag that help what remained of the Couple's dinner. Bella pushed the ginger haired cop, not too amused by his actions.

"Oh! So that's it?!" So only you can do dangerous things now? I can take care of myself, Officer. You know why I'm doing this, I'm trying to help...."

Pete's head wiped towards Bella. They Couple's eye met as Pete seemed notably distressed.

"First off; don't."

"Don't what?"

"Don't compare me being a cop to what you're doing. This is some amateur hour bullshit, Bella. This is the shit they teach us not to do in the academy. You're going to some weird place, ran by some freaking stranger in dangerous area. Why? Because you found an ad online because you want to be some sort of super-hero because you have powers now! You know, because being a world famous actress isn't enough! No back up, no nothing. This whole thing you're doing? Moronic, you know that? I've seen buddies of mine killed down here, Bella! You think I want that fate on you?!"

Pete turned his head way, grabbing the bag in anger, and tossing it. Bella shuttered as Pete seemed really upset. After a few minutes of silence, Pete put his arm around his fiancée, deeply sighing.

"Bella I've know you since we were kids, and since you came back to town an looked me up, I've been a lucky guy. I just love you. I just don't want to lose you, you know?"

Bella smiled.

"I know, Pete. I love you, too. I understand where you're coming from. Night after night ,day after day, whether I am on the set or at home, all Id do is worry about you , Pete. Being in-love with a cop isn't easy. This is just gotta do this on my own, hansom."

" Yea. I know."

The two embraced as Bella looked in the Car's mirror and fixed her hair. Turning back to Pete, they kissed as she opened the door to get out. Rolling down the window, Pete would say his good bye.

"Call me if you need anything. I'm gonna hang around here for a little bit. See what's up."

As the two parted ways, Bella sighed. Saying the phrase to get in, her adventure began. Looking around, Bella was like a deer in headlights when she got in the warehouse.

New@Krieg @Borkasu Lazer @Verite @Lulunopia @SilentxChaos @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Jeremi @Enigma

Reactions: Atomyk and Enigma
" You better be closing up shop for tonight, Arnie."

The cash register closed up with a cha-ching as Arnold saluted the old geriatric owner of the convenience store. The little shop was located on the north-west corner of the market square of Newport, small, out of notice, benign and beneath everyone's gaze. Perfect for someone like him. Arnold kept his gaze as the old man shuffled out of the store, putting on a bowler hat and going around the bend. When he dissapeared out of sight, Arnold took out a paper note that was frayed at the edges and crumpled but with an address clearly written on it. He murmured the address out loud, snarking a bit at the code phrase.

" Iron Butterfly. Jeez, how gauche."

Arnold crumpled the paper up before throwing it into the bin. He made sure to turn the sign of the shop from 'OPEN' to 'CLOSED' before locking the door. Going to his monotonous process of locking the soda machine and folding the window blinds, he thought to himself internally about the mysterious note he'd received.

" Someone or some person knows the specific address of every Conduit within this city. Either it's a trap or it's some sort of egomaniacal power-hungry douchebag or it's someone who geniunely isn't a dick."

Arnold snorted before washing his hands in the sink.

" Well, ain't that last one a rarity. Still....Would be nice to meet a few people like me...."

He turned the tap off before closing the last of the lights inside the shop and walking into the alley behind him. It was stinking like shit and the gutter dripped with yesterday's rain. He opened the boot of the car, dropping his bag into it before shutting it close. Walking into the front of the car, he drove out into the drive-way, the moon illuminating the dark corners of the city as he drove towards his destination, headlights guiding the way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arnold had made sure to park his car in a discreet area of Newport, accessible if anything went south in the warehouse. Shadowed under an old decaying bridge, it would reduce the chance of it being stolen by muggers. He locked the door before flipping the key into the pockets, whistling as he walked to the warehouse situated nearby.

The first thoughts in his mind was that it was creepy as shit. Arnold was putting all his faith that their host wasn't creepy as shit later. He calmed and steeled himself as he approached the front, a guard that wouldn't look out of place as a high-school drop-out standing in the limelight of a streetlight.

" Glass topped up? Check. Phone-call for 911? Check. Emergency first aid supples in coat? Check."

He then spoke the code-phrase to the guard, looking furtively around if anyone was watching. The door opened, the reassuring words of the guard doing little to calm down his tension. He sarcastically spoke as the doors closed with a bang.

" I sure hope so, sweet-cheeks."

The interior reminded him of one of those old musty storage attics, dust hanging around with rows and rows of items stored on the rims of shelves. He scratched his head, looking around before speaking out loud.

" Does anyone know where I can use the toilet?"

Looking at the mask in her hands and then up at the warehouse Luciana wasn't quite sure what she was doing. This as her moment! Finally she could be the rebel that she had always tried to be in the past. Why then was she hesitating? Transfixed on the warehouse in front of her Luciana didn't even hear her phone ringing. After the fifth ring she picked up the phone. Of course, who else really called her?

"Hola mamá." She responded putting the phone to her ear. "No I was in the bathroom. Yeah...I'm fine. I think I'm just going to go to bed. Love you too. Good night."

She put the phone back in her bag. Her mother didn't have to know where her sweet girl was at this time of night. Glancing at the mask she decided to put it in as well. She was a rebel, but she didn't want to be a weirdo in there. The makeshift small horns on her head had to suffice. With determination in her steps Luciana made her way to the bouncer and said the code word, thinking that 'Iron Butterfly' was a sweet codename. Well inside she looked around. What was the next step for her now that she was inside?

@Krieg @Borkasu Lazer @Verite @Lulunopia @SilentxChaos @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Josh M @Enigma @Atomyk

The air of the night was sweltering as if it knew the convergence of powers in that very place. Some might think that hanging out around the final resting place of a fellow Conduit would bring bad luck. Others would laugh in the face of such a fate and challenge it themselves. The moonlight cascaded down upon everything, adding a white sheen to the flow of warm chestnut hair. Garrott watched from his perch upon the stack of cargo containers as a few people entered the warehouse under the cover of the dark. He'd heard about the gathering through the grapevine. Though he was thorough about checking this place out, Garrott was never going to get anywhere while up in the air.

Relaxing his body entirely, Garrott fell from the great height and landed in the flood light down below. He bent down to tie his sneakers, just in case a civilian was around to see his little stunt. It'd be an understatement to say that his unique talents could get him killed. He quickly made his way to the door of the warehouse, whispering the passcode "Iron Butterfly" to the bouncer. When he was given access he found himself before a small but growing group of souls that stood before a hooded figure. Garrott pulled out his trusty yo-yo, playing around with it out of the need to do something and wanting to have the advantage if this were to be a trap.

• Love
Reactions: Atomyk and Josh M
Looking at the first three arrivals. The actress suddenly got nervous. Maybe Pete was right. This was dumb, right? It's almost certain someone what recognize her here. Brushing her hair into her face, Bella played it cool. Seeing another Spanish woman slightly put Bella at easy. Walking towards her, Bella calmly waved to the woman.

"Hola! It's nice to see someone else down here. I was hoping this wasn't some prank. Umm...".

The actress was lost for words. Suddenly, she giggled awkwardly, bluntly just sharing her feelings

"This whole thing is just fucking weird, isn't it? It's like something out of a sci-fi movie."
There was a reason Bella passed on most of those scrip.

@Krieg @Borkasu Lazer @Verite @Lulunopia @SilentxChaos @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Josh M @Enigma @Atomyk

The big man inside, the one who invoked the image of a bouncer, did not seem to care for secrecy like the female outside. He made no effort to hide his face, looking like a man who had to at least be in his thirties, and stared each guest in the eye as they entered the building. He wore a suit and tie of all things, though it was unclear if he was holding any sort of weapon on his person. The bouncer-type did not verbally react to the question of a bathroom, only giving Arnold a bit of a glare.

"You can hold it, can't you?" said the female who had greeted them, ducking in under the door after the latest person arrived. "Don't think the plumbing in this place works. You mind going outside?" She pulled back her hood slightly, revealing herself to be a pale woman with reddish brown hair. She was smiling, amused by the conversation. Standing next to the suited man, it was clear she was tall herself, at least for a woman.

She put a finger to her lips and gestured with her other hand for the group to keep their voices down. "Not too loud now while we're waiting on more people, okay? You could head further to the back of the room, but Chris here will probably get a bit antsy." She looked at the man in the suit for a moment, who only shrugged at her. "He's just here to look out for me because you know how it is. Which, really, is why I wanted to talk to you guys for a quick moment. The last thing we want is to scare you. I know you're going out on a limb here and I know most of you probably took precautions. Tasers? Cool, I hope you got 'em. Whatever you need to do to feel safe is up to you, so just keep that in mind. If you have any questions about the situation, it'll have to wait until I think no more are showing up."

She gave a small nod before turning back around to the door. Chris followed by opening it for her slightly, letting her get back to her own bouncer duty.​

The past is a puzzle, like a broken mirror. As you piece it together, you cut yourself, your image keeps shifting. And you change with it. It could destroy you, drive you mad. It could set you free.

Ethan Crawford lived in a world that was perpetually gray all throughout.

At least, a world that he perceived to be that way. Sometimes, he even imagined his own vision to be gray, and other times, it turned out to just be his own smoke getting in his line of sight. But even then, that smoke usually gave him a different perspective on things. In a world that others believed to be frustratingly simplistic as black and white, sometimes, gray was needed in order to read between the lines.

It had been a while since Ethan had really come into contact with other people. People who might have held different points of view from him. In the past few weeks, the ones that he had spent attempting to adjust within Millennium City after escaping San Emporio, most of the people he had come to know included the fat, jolly pizza guy down the street who wore white like a fancy chef. Ethan found it ironic; how such a color could symbolize purity in its most unadulterated form, and yet to see it rendered dirty by the spoils of the man's own product... It was like the hubris of man dirtying himself.

... But then, even he would be hard-pressed to say pizza was the bad guy.

Ethan considered drinking less so that his head might be cleared, and by doing so, ended up spending more time on the internet in his old apartment. Mostly news websites, local and national, in order to allow himself to keep up with the bizarre world that just kept on moving and moving, stirring up people lucky (or unlucky) enough to be allowed a taste of its divine juice. However, fortune worked like a pack of Bean Boozled beans. If you were lucky, you got flavors like buttered popcorn, but if you weren't, you might have just ended up with rotten egg in your throat. And he certainly got the short end of the stick, or so he believed. Though perhaps it depended on how one saw becoming a Conduit.

Back to business, while perusing the internet in his free time, including fansites of hit TV shows such as Eastworld and Game of Crowns, places that he spent more time at than he was proud of, and even on one occasion the deep dark web, he had come across a rumored gathering between Conduits, complete with an address and a special phrase, after snooping around, looking for a case to take up. He was intrigued by it, yet he would be lying if it didn't look like the shadiest thing possible. Best of both worlds. Worth a look, if only because he had little better to do, and considering how attuned he was to his powers by now, perhaps he could handle any hurdles thrown his way.

So perhaps against his better judgment, he went.

"Iron Butterfly."

One of the later people to arrive, Ethan waltzed right on in, maintaining a cool air to him as best as he could. He didn't actually feel all that nervous about being jumped; it took too much effort to be worried after everything that had happened in his life. Admittedly, he was at least a little wary of the possibility, but again, if he thought he was in a lot of danger in a no-win situation, he wouldn't have come. That's just how it would have been.

At least the girl seemed nice. And the man, despite his somewhat imposing physique, didn't all that seem openly threatening at all. Judging from the small banter that went on, it seemed that most of the other people were about as relaxed as Ethan was pretending to be, the blonde man hiding a tenseness that could be chalked up to going several hours without a smoke, before pocketing his hands as he silently scanned and examined the other Conduits who had come. A young man here, a familiar looking woman there... The works.

As the girl went on to explain herself and the situation they all found themselves in, Ethan pursed his lips. He usually didn't trust people who went out of their way to be nice, and this case was no exception; he found that usually, people who had to go out of their way to be nice or friendly had something to gain. Something they wanted to take from the other party, so the man maintained his guard. Still, he had to make sure to be on his best behavior. And that probably included no smoking as well.

What a shame.​

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
Arnold looked around, a bit impatient as no one seemed to reply to his question. Several people were loitering around in the warehouse. Of which included two woman and a boy who was doing his best impersonation of Batman. Painfully so.

" Hello, anyone? Is there a goddamn bathroom in here I can use?"

The gatekeeper from earlier then interrupted him. Arnold raised an eyebrow, considering the woman's words for a moment before chuckling. Oh, this woman could not be serious. Was she? The definition of not trying to scare us? He then palmed his face before looking around.

" Really? Really?! I mean, not trying to scare us? Big creepy warehouse? Vague code-phrase? Big, scary, silent man named Chris? Not to mention that we're doing this in Newport. From what I heard, the federals are going to be knocking down the door anytime soon."

Arnold signed and shook his head, before beginning to walk out of the warehouse.

" I'll see if there's any worth in what you have to say. After I go take a piss."

Arnold signed as he walked outside, brushing past the guard to go use the loo. To be frank, it was a fairly embarassing situation for him to be known to all these Conduits (presumably) that he was the guy who had to go relieve himself. Who could blame him? After all, he'd been in worse situations. He gave a brief sarcastic mutter before opening and closing the door with a bang.

" You guys need better facilities when doing a super secret meeting next time...."​

Fima stood with a crumpled piece of paper in one hand, and her datapad in the other, just beyond one of the warehouse lights. The datapad was like a black brick: easily three inches thick, with a big screen and no keypad and included multiple ports along its side. She doubled-checked the email she had received from one of her online "friends":

Meeting's at one of the old warehouses in Newport (address below). Password: Iron Butterfly. No guarantee your friend will be there but it's a place to start.

This one's on the house. I won't forget what you did for me.

She had forward him a small sum anyways, seeing as he'd refused to accept her instance of not being paid when she got his girlfriend arrested. It had taken her over an hour to find the place as she'd just arrived in Millenium City three days ago. Watching someone come out again and head to the bathroom facility, Fima got the sense she was one of the last to arrive. She glanced back down at the paper then shoved it into her pant's pocket and slipped her datapad into her jacket, keeping a tight hold on it. Will they know? she wondered as she slowly walked towards the bouncer. She hadn't been the intended recipient for this meeting; had no clue how they found the Conduits in the city to deliver their message. Only the possibility of finding something important to her made her walk up to the door and push her hood back as she approached the bouncer. Despite the warm air, a faint breeze on her exposed scars made her shiver. This a bad idea, this is a horrible idea....

Fima shuffled her feet, then realized the girl in front of her was waiting for the password. "Um...Iron Butterfly?"

Reactions: Atomyk and Josh M
"Policía? Here?? In this area? Imposible! "

Bella slightly giggled as she played lightly with her engament ring. Bella didn't know what do say next at first. However, she had to be honest. Only way to build trust.

"Listen, normally there is no way there cops are around here. I know that for a fact that this area is avoid like a plague by them. However, to be honest with you, there was a cop outside her, earlier. He's my fiancée. You know how guys are, right? Always thinking you can't take care of yourself. Still, it's the thought that counts."

Awkwardly trying to move on, Belle would answer the second question.

"What I can do? I can control friction. I can make things slippery or easy to climb, I can also run real fast due to it, but it's too much of strain. I can walk on water if I focus hard enough, it's really cool Pete, the cop I mentioned, he was the one who did most of the figuring out my powers, I was too busy freaking out. "

Chuckling lightly, Bella smiled.

"I'm Bella, by the way. Bella Horvath. Oh? What can you do?"

@Krieg @Borkasu Lazer @Verite @Lulunopia @SilentxChaos @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi@Enigma @Atomyk

Bella Horvath? That's her name, yeah Luciana recognized her now. "So why are you slumming around here with mere mortals?" The talk about a cop helping her out felt odd for Luciana, there wasn't many, for a better term, normal people who seemed to care about them. Other than to lock them up or worse.

"What I can do?" With some concentration she pushed out the bulbs on her forehead to fullblown minotaur horns. "That's my power...I uh...I control my bones, and you can call me Lu-" She stopped herself, perhaps revealing your name like this wasn't the best idea. "Vivisection. Call me Vivisection."

@Krieg @Borkasu Lazer @Verite @Lulunopia @SilentxChaos @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Enigma @Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
Bella's frowned as the young woman used the term "slumming" in her sentence. People forget that celebrities are people too. Bella grew up middle class before becoming an actress. It's not like she was old money.

"You know, Just because I am an actress, doesn't mean I'm sitting in a high caste above this city being fead grapes, chica. I'm just a normal person, engaged to a cop, who likes to shop at whole foods, who's just living one day at time. Look at what's going on right now. The world needs people to stand up and do the right thing. People are going to fear us. We need people to show the "Normal folk" we're their friends, loved ones, the people they trust."

Bella laughed softly as the girl tried to convince her to call her Vivisection.

"Vivisection? Really? If you don't want to share your name, fine. But come on! Isn't that kinda corny?"

@Jeremi

Last edited:
The unnamed woman went on, trying to make the group fell a little more relaxed as she gave some info out to them. She went on about keeping tasers which almost made the detective laugh. He knew that they'd have to bring something bigger and better to feel completely secure. He kept yoyoing as more people filled in the ranks. One man left to relieve himself and two more women, Hispanics from what he could gather, began to have a conversation. He couldn't help but let his instincts kick in and eavesdrop.

Garrott chuckled silently to himself as the two Latinas exchanged small talk. The more openly known one, Bella Horvath, went on about her life and other things. In any other setting, this would be acceptable but there was no telling what the intentions were for the people who'd gathered them there. It was bad enough she was an 'ok' movie star. The other girl, who seemed younger but a bit wiser, went on to display her power through bone protrusions in the form of horns. That impressed Garrott, leading him to scoot a little closer.

"Vivisection? Really? If you don't want to share your name, fine. But come on! Isn't that kinda corny?"

"I think it suits you," Garrott smirked, twisting his toy into a cradle trick, "Diablo would be a corny name. But you...you know exactly who you wanna be. Kudos." He untwisted the string and caught the yo-yo in the palm of his hand. He held the other one out to Vivisection. "I'm Breaker, but people on the street call me Boom-Boom. Nice to meet ya."

"Your first name is Bella, the fact that you didn't pick a code name is sad." Luciana didn't really appreciate the rich famous girl getting uppity with her. "If you're tryin' to gain the normal peoples help then why are you standin' around here and not on TV? Let me tell you why. Cause the moment that little news breaks out you're finished. I'm not here to change opinions, I'm here cause there's strength in numbers, not cause I believe in an ideal."

While the current discussion had left her in a sour mood, the appearance of Garrott however was a nice change of pace. "See? He gets it." Luciana responded before shaking the mans hand. "Boom-Boom huh? That's somethin'. Tells me you have some cojones."

@Josh M @Enigma

The woman looked around nervously as Arnold brushed past her. She wasn't going to fault him for needing to go, but this whole operation had her just as much on edge as those she was hoping to join them. With her hands in her pockets, she stopped Arnold before he went back inside. "Look," she said, her voice low. "I know. But we're doing things a certain way for a reason, okay?"

With that, she let Arnold head back inside. It wasn't long before another arrived, this time a female. The woman removed her hands from her pockets to hopefully appear not-so-scary and waited for the new guest to give the phrase. She seemed to stand nervously a moment before providing it.

"You got it. Don't worry, you will be safe here."

The woman turned around to perform the usual ritual of knocking on the door so Chris could open it. She then gestured for the new arrival to head under. "Just precautions."​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Enigma and Josh M
Arnold whistled a jaunty tune as he relieved himself in a nearby dumpster, the acrid smell of piss in the air before he zipped his pants audibly in the night. He walked back inside, his hands still inside his pockets before freezing at being blocked by the gate-keeper. A brief thought that he would be shunned was considered for a moment before he heard her words. Useless. Trivial. Irrevelant. He brushed past her.

" Got it, red and mysterious."

He then walked back inside and situated himself near a shelf, looking at the new arrivals. They were all congregated in one group, talking to each other excitedly. From what he could ascertain, they were all talking about their powers and so forth like a big bunch of school children at a kindergarten show and tell. He tried to stifle a laugh before he spoke out loud towards the group.

" Boom-boom? If that ain't a euphemism for your bathroom habits, I don't know what is...."

He then looked upwards at the new arrival, the iron gate slowly opening and closing. There were at least 10 people at this so called clandestine meeting. Had their dear host made sure that none of the Conduits were bat-shit insane and held some sort of counter-intuitive allegiance to the federals? Increasing the size of a meeting increased the risk that someone here was a snitch. That said, he was fucking bored as hell. And if the waiting list was going to be the length of the Great Wall of China, then, he might as well have strike up conversation.

Scarred and abused? Nope.

Group of socialites? Nope.

But, finally, he found his quarry in a fairly, normal average down-to-earth male that was nearby to him. As he got closer to him, he noticed a jitteriness, no, a tension in his nerves. Caffeine junkie? Stoned as hell? Whatever the case, normality didn't apply to Conduits anymore.

He took out a bottle of water from his pocket and sipped it slowly, standing next to the guy before making an introduction.

" In the interest of maintaining my secrecy since red and mysterious over there likes espousing about the damn thing so much, you can call me..."

He never liked the name, honestly. But, it was better than Captain Silica, Shatterbird and just a tinge more creative than Glass-worker.

" Glass-Mason. You got a code-name, blondie?"

@Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi

He'd smiled at his acquaintance's comment on his moxie, which wasn't that far off. The warm feeling was shut down by the only person who hadn't had the inclination to pee before the meeting. He watched the man slink his way around the small crowd, settling next to the blond. As soon as he started talking, Garrott decided he didn't like him at all.

The man went ahead and introduced himself as Glass-Mason, which seemed like a tired attempt at being subtle. Garrott yawned loudly while displaying a completely unamused look on his face.

"Glass-Mason?" he quipped to Vivesection, "More like Mason-Jar." He went on to untangling a knot in the string of his weapon.

Fima took one look around the warehouse and concluded she had been right. Should've stayed underground. Sighing, she avoided the central group like the plague as she flipped her hood back up. She skirted the building until she found a nice spot at the back, close enough to hear some of the conversations and far enough to notice if anyone started to approach her. Unknown situations like these Fima's army training kicked in. The social group near the center would be the first to get hit if they were attacked; she disliked the idea of using them as body shields, but it would give her time to decide if she should bolt or fight back. Exits? The metal doors seemed like the only option...maybe the paneled window up top? Too high.

Her datapad buzzed. Fima pulled it out, along with a piece of bubblegum, one of those generic types wrapped like a tootsie roll. She popped it into her mouth as she checked the alert on her pad. It had happened to be a news update from her system back at her motel room, which filtered online news articles to things that may interest to her, and then emailed them to her device. She blew a bubble as she began reading, glad to preoccupied until this meeting began.

Status
Not open for further replies.