InFamous [In-Character]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Huh. Small world."

The man in denim shrugged. "Call me... Jay. Wasn't expecting to meet other Conduits today. Ice girl with a dog. Night Light Man."

The man watched the pair for a moment, letting them banter back and forth. He seemed to carry an aura that suggested a lack of care over the situation. He stood lazily, occasionally looking off to the side to examine the empty parking lot. "You know," he suddenly said, "it might not be best to hang around here. Conduits were just spotted here, after all. But, before we break up this little party, I have a question..."

He turned his gaze to eye Gideon. "You don't seem to have a full grasp on your power yet. Kind of a problem, don't you think? Do either of you run with a crew? Y'know, like a group of other Conduits to watch your back? Most people like us are doing it, now that everyone seems to hate us."

"They are treated as criminals!" David said through gritted teeth. "If you're-- I don't know, okay? I don't know..."

The man went silent and lowered his head. The couple both complied and stood in silence, though David seemed to gasp once Sayuri started talking about control. "So, you...?" Lee only seemed shellshocked. She screamed, however, when the portal opened up to swallow David and Sayuri with it.

"Oh, god..." She looked into Luciana's eyes, full of fear.

David opened his mouth to offer an outpouring of thanks, but grunted and shut up once he was shoved into the wall. He panicked when the knife was pulled, pushing back against Sayuri but too fearful to put much effort into it. He managed not to unload with his own powers and eventually settled once his bindings were cut.

"I'm sorry," he managed to say. "I'll do whatever I can. I don't know how, and I don't think I can show my face to anyone now, but..." He licked his lips, leaning back up against the building to look up toward the sky. "I guess if you're doing it's possible. Jesus... how did it get to this?" He closed his eyes and, after a brief pause, nodded. "Can you make sure Lee is okay? She doesn't deserve any of this. She doesn't understand what I've become... I hope, maybe, they'll let her off if she comes up with some kind of explanation why I'm gone."

David let himself be pushed around, the best option for him really. If he understood anything about a portal, it was that one could get trapped in the middle of literally nowhere and nothing, or she could send him anywhere. And even if she didn't use her Conduit ability, she could just beat him up. And she certainly would. But her mind was on something else right now to worry too much about it. "Looks like I've outed myself." She smirked, but her face remained hidden behind her mask. Vivisection was going to kill her. "Look…" Yuri took a step back, keeping her eyes on David in case he tried anything. "It looked like you got dealt a difficult hand. We all did. Most of the Conduit abilities have the potential to be dangerous, so my obvious advice to you is to lay low somewhere where you can experiment safely and learn to control yourself."

Sayuri pushed her hands into her pockets, glancing around for a moment to make sure they'd not been spotted. "We can do a few things here. I can take you back, and you'll give yourself up to cops who will arrest you for something not in your control and attempt to prove your innocence. Or… I can drop you in another state in the Midwest, off the radar, with some people I know and you can get your shit together. But you'll probably not be able to come back here for a while - I'd avoid this state." She shrugged. "And Lee. For both of your sakes." She took another step back, waiting for an answer. "It's your choice. I'll make sure your girl is alright."

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Nichole nodded and said"I'll wait on you near the ice cream shop down the sidewalk gideon, and no I'm not in a group jay." "I'll meet you there in a bit got to drop midnight off at home." She said waving to the two before taking her leave going home. Nichole dropped off her pet and began walking back to the ice cream shop.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk

She was certain that this guy's pleas were sincere. After all, most of the Conduits knew what it was like to be labeled a criminal even if they hadn't done anything wrong. Sayuri watched David struggle with his decision, everything evident on his face until he finally dropped to his knees. The relief washed over her like a wave and she moved forward carefully, gesturing for Vivisection to get the girl. Yuri pulled out another zip-tie and swiftly tied the man's hands behind his back before lifting him to stand. She kept a good grip on his arms, holstering her weapon and glancing in Luciana's direction. Hesitation.

"She's right…" Yuri muttered from behind David. "It takes practice and determination. You have to train yourself to have the control you need to do things right without hurting anyone. You have to keep calm and in control at all times." He'd never get the chance to even try if he was locked up from the very beginning. He'd be labeled a criminal for the rest of his life, behind bars somewhere underground probably. "Sorry, Vivi. It's just not right." She locked eyes with her temporary partner. "I'll find you later."

A portal burst open behind her, suddenly sucking both her and David in through the opening and then slamming shut immediately after. A second later, Sayuri pulled David from an identical portal in an alleyway in the city, keeping a firm grip on his arm as she tugged him behind a tall building. "If you're sincere about wanting to control this, you'll never get the chance to learn from prison or wherever they'll send you." The woman pushed the guy into a wall, cutting off the zip-tie with a knife from her pocket. "If you're playing us and I hear anything about you involved in an incident like this again, I'll hunt you down myself." She forced him to turn around so he could see just how serious she was. "You hurt anyone and you'll wish I'd shot and killed you here today. Got it?"

Only with confirmation would Yuri step back and cross her arms, giving the man his opportunity to run. "You wanna fix it? Then fix it. This is your one chance. Oh-" She slammed a hand against his chest, reminded. "I can find you anywhere on this planet. Don't make me regret this." Luciana was going to be piiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Wait did she just...? "Son of a bitch!" Well this was turning out great.

"Huh. Small world."

The man in denim shrugged. "Call me... Jay. Wasn't expecting to meet other Conduits today. Ice girl with a dog. Night Light Man."

The man watched the pair for a moment, letting them banter back and forth. He seemed to carry an aura that suggested a lack of care over the situation. He stood lazily, occasionally looking off to the side to examine the empty parking lot. "You know," he suddenly said, "it might not be best to hang around here. Conduits were just spotted here, after all. But, before we break up this little party, I have a question..."

He turned his gaze to eye Gideon. "You don't seem to have a full grasp on your power yet. Kind of a problem, don't you think? Do either of you run with a crew? Y'know, like a group of other Conduits to watch your back? Most people like us are doing it, now that everyone seems to hate us."

"They are treated as criminals!" David said through gritted teeth. "If you're-- I don't know, okay? I don't know..."

The man went silent and lowered his head. The couple both complied and stood in silence, though David seemed to gasp once Sayuri started talking about control. "So, you...?" Lee only seemed shellshocked. She screamed, however, when the portal opened up to swallow David and Sayuri with it.

"Oh, god..." She looked into Luciana's eyes, full of fear.

David opened his mouth to offer an outpouring of thanks, but grunted and shut up once he was shoved into the wall. He panicked when the knife was pulled, pushing back against Sayuri but too fearful to put much effort into it. He managed not to unload with his own powers and eventually settled once his bindings were cut.

"I'm sorry," he managed to say. "I'll do whatever I can. I don't know how, and I don't think I can show my face to anyone now, but..." He licked his lips, leaning back up against the building to look up toward the sky. "I guess if you're doing it's possible. Jesus... how did it get to this?" He closed his eyes and, after a brief pause, nodded. "Can you make sure Lee is okay? She doesn't deserve any of this. She doesn't understand what I've become... I hope, maybe, they'll let her off if she comes up with some kind of explanation why I'm gone."

"Hey! Don't fucking look like me like that! This wasn't part of the plan." Realizing that shouting at the poor woman did no one any favors Luciana tried her best to calm down. "Breath in...breath out..." Okay, better. "Look, I'm sorry about...I want to say husband? Neither of you deserve any of the shit happening right now." She raised her hands calmly. "Also no one here's going to hurt you so could you please not look at me like I'm a serial killer or something? It's freaking me out."

@Atomyk @SoleStride

Reactions: SoleStride
Well, Jay wasn't going to let these two go off without saying what he wanted to say. He made his way to the ice cream shop like Nichole had suggested, arriving before either of the others. When Nichole saw him, she would see that he was a bit less at ease now that they were in a more public location.

"If you don't have a group," he would eventually begin to say, "would you like to be part of one?"

"Jesus."

David seemed at a loss for words, barely able to say much else for a few moments. He looked off to the side, lost in thought, and moved his hands to his hips. "That's insane," he eventually said. "But if you know people... Man. You know, I don't think Lee is going to want anything to do with me after this. Can't exactly blame her, I'd practically make her a target. I mean, even if that wasn't the case..." He nodded. "Yeah, I think I'll do that. I'll need support."

"But, hey..." His brow furrowed, David looked back at Sayuri. "Who are you? What made you intervene with our... you know, stuff? Not just that, but with you apparently knowing people, I'm left thinking you're kind of a big deal. I'd like to know, if we're gonna do this."

Lee was shaking, but she managed to hold herself together. She turned away from Luciana slightly and said, "boyfriend." She then cleared her throat, abating tears. "I don't care who you are, just get out, or hand me to the place, or whatever the hell you want to do, okay?" There wasn't much she could do with her hands still tied.

Suddenly, a voice boomed throughout the house, originating from outside. "We have reason to believe a Conduit is on the premises!" yelled a man, probably assisted by a speakerphone. "For your safety, do not, under any circumstances, make use of your abilities! Leave through the front door in a calm, collected manner! For the safety of all involved, please do as we say, or there will be consequences!"

It was now that Daemond was delivering new messages to the chat.

Fenix: If you are still in the house, you need to leave right away. They've secured whatever they needed. I am unable to determine what it is based on the chatter alone, but it's designed for Conduits.

FstGirl: hey, uh, nothing's really going well here. what's going on over there? do they have to fight?

Fenix: No, that's a terrible idea. They have something waiting.

@Jeremi

Well, Jay wasn't going to let these two go off without saying what he wanted to say. He made his way to the ice cream shop like Nichole had suggested, arriving before either of the others. When Nichole saw him, she would see that he was a bit less at ease now that they were in a more public location.

"If you don't have a group," he would eventually begin to say, "would you like to be part of one?"

"Jesus."

David seemed at a loss for words, barely able to say much else for a few moments. He looked off to the side, lost in thought, and moved his hands to his hips. "That's insane," he eventually said. "But if you know people... Man. You know, I don't think Lee is going to want anything to do with me after this. Can't exactly blame her, I'd practically make her a target. I mean, even if that wasn't the case..." He nodded. "Yeah, I think I'll do that. I'll need support."

"But, hey..." His brow furrowed, David looked back at Sayuri. "Who are you? What made you intervene with our... you know, stuff? Not just that, but with you apparently knowing people, I'm left thinking you're kind of a big deal. I'd like to know, if we're gonna do this."

Lee was shaking, but she managed to hold herself together. She turned away from Luciana slightly and said, "boyfriend." She then cleared her throat, abating tears. "I don't care who you are, just get out, or hand me to the place, or whatever the hell you want to do, okay?" There wasn't much she could do with her hands still tied.

Suddenly, a voice boomed throughout the house, originating from outside. "We have reason to believe a Conduit is on the premises!" yelled a man, probably assisted by a speakerphone. "For your safety, do not, under any circumstances, make use of your abilities! Leave through the front door in a calm, collected manner! For the safety of all involved, please do as we say, or there will be consequences!"

It was now that Daemond was delivering new messages to the chat.

Fenix: If you are still in the house, you need to leave right away. They've secured whatever they needed. I am unable to determine what it is based on the chatter alone, but it's designed for Conduits.

FstGirl: hey, uh, nothing's really going well here. what's going on over there? do they have to fight?

Fenix: No, that's a terrible idea. They have something waiting.

@Jeremi

Luciana looked a Lee and then down at her phone. "Sorry got to take this."

Vivisection: No, yeah. I'm fucking off. Hopefully ttyal.

Pocketing the phone again Luciana grabbed the knife from the floor and cut Lee free. "Don't fucking scream or anything okay? I'm leaving, you have a pleasant day." She deadpanned before making her escape through the back of the house and hopefully away from the prying eyes of the police.

@Atomyk

The man was quiet for a while, apparently taking it all in. It may have sounded drastic, but if his girlfriend squealed and he stayed in this state, things would just not go well for him in the future. Moving to another state was the best option. And the people she knew could give him a place to crash while he tried to figure out his powers. They could probably even help train him to control them better – if only from experience on controlling their own. "I think Lee's reaction was enough proof that she can't handle anything more than ordinary. And until you can control that ability, people are in danger when they're with you. It's best for her emotionally and physically for you to stay away for now." Yuri thought over David's question for a moment, pressing the tube mask around her nose a little tighter. Only her eyes were visible and it would stay like that. The woman shrugged.

"I'm just lucky in the company I keep." And her unit was home right now, meaning that she had military buddies all over the U.S. – some of which had become Conduits like her. She would deposit David with some friends a few states away and then talk to Mr. Rich and Famous about what he wanted to do with him. "We stepped in because we don't want people to get hurt. Conduits already have a bad name. Causing problems with our abilities will make it worse, and innocent Conduits being arrested or killed isn't an option either. It's not right. Just know that my goal is to keep everyone safe."

Sayuri took ahold of David's arm, creating a portal at her back and walking through it. When they reached the other side, there was nothing by dry land and dry heat for miles. Obviously, they had landed somewhere in the Midwest of the U.S. Not letting go of his arm, Yuri took a long look around before making another portal and stepping through it. Once emerged from the second, a house was actually visible in the distance, about half a mile away. "I need to get back. To make sure your girl and my partner are alright. Your house IS surrounded by cops." She pointed to the house in the distance. "There should be a couple in that house. Tell the guy that Yu-Yu sent you and explain your story. I'll be back to check on you another time. Don't bother asking about my identity, because they won't tell you." Sayuri placed a hand on David's shoulder. "Good luck, David. When you figure your shit out, maybe then it'll be time to come back to the real world. Work hard. My friends will work you hard."

Yuri disappeared into another portal, popping back into David and Lee's house just in time to hear "…the safety of all involved, please do as we say, or there will be consequences!" Yuri's phone dinged and she pulled it from her pocket. Eyes wide, she stuffed the device back into her pocket and looked at Lee who was now alone. Vivi must have bailed out the back. Thank god. She looked at Lee again, noting how she'd been cut free. "David's safe. He won't come back. And he loves you." With that, she jumped through another portal which slammed closed behind her, leaving Lee alone in the house again. It took her to a spot outside less than a block away, the path she expected Vivisection to take. When she saw the girl getting close, Yuri opened another portal and pulled Vivisection into it, unless the other woman tried to evade her for some reason. The two would walk back out into a back alley behind a row of apartment buildings in the city, far away from the house they'd trespassed in.

"I didn't mean to leave you there alone. Sorry 'bout that. You seemed like you could handle yourself."

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Gideon Star

Gideon looked over at the man and wasn't about to address the fact that the man was right. His powers were unstable and he knew that hate was growing amongst the normal and he wished that he could say yes to his question, but the answer was still no for him. He didn't have a crew to work with.

After Nichole left, Gideon went home and touched his body and reentered. One of the down sides of his power was that just because he couldn't be punched in that form didn't mean he didn't feel the pain when he awoke. Thankfully, he wasn't too bad. He walked towards the ice cream shop after he put on some real clothes and carried his bag of stuff away from here.

As he walked to the ice cream shop, he wondered if this was a smart idea. What if he accidently phased out while in there? Would the cashier freak out and call the police? Would his father find out and disown them? With each step he took he became more and more worried about his fate in public.

Gideon when he finally arrived managed to hear the question. " You know one?" He asked the other man.

@angelic sparkle @Atomyk

"is there a catch to joining the group?" nichole aasked softly crossing her arms lightly looking at Jay. She nodded a hollow to Gideon and waited for Jay to answer. "I know it's dangerous out there on our own, so what is your group about and what the the catch if we join?' Nichole whispered to him as people passed by. She waited for the people to pass on to their destination before sitting on the bench with a soft sigh. "I don't want to join a group that will cause problems for me is all. "
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk

The man was quiet for a while, apparently taking it all in. It may have sounded drastic, but if his girlfriend squealed and he stayed in this state, things would just not go well for him in the future. Moving to another state was the best option. And the people she knew could give him a place to crash while he tried to figure out his powers. They could probably even help train him to control them better – if only from experience on controlling their own. "I think Lee's reaction was enough proof that she can't handle anything more than ordinary. And until you can control that ability, people are in danger when they're with you. It's best for her emotionally and physically for you to stay away for now." Yuri thought over David's question for a moment, pressing the tube mask around her nose a little tighter. Only her eyes were visible and it would stay like that. The woman shrugged.

"I'm just lucky in the company I keep." And her unit was home right now, meaning that she had military buddies all over the U.S. – some of which had become Conduits like her. She would deposit David with some friends a few states away and then talk to Mr. Rich and Famous about what he wanted to do with him. "We stepped in because we don't want people to get hurt. Conduits already have a bad name. Causing problems with our abilities will make it worse, and innocent Conduits being arrested or killed isn't an option either. It's not right. Just know that my goal is to keep everyone safe."

Sayuri took ahold of David's arm, creating a portal at her back and walking through it. When they reached the other side, there was nothing by dry land and dry heat for miles. Obviously, they had landed somewhere in the Midwest of the U.S. Not letting go of his arm, Yuri took a long look around before making another portal and stepping through it. Once emerged from the second, a house was actually visible in the distance, about half a mile away. "I need to get back. To make sure your girl and my partner are alright. Your house IS surrounded by cops." She pointed to the house in the distance. "There should be a couple in that house. Tell the guy that Yu-Yu sent you and explain your story. I'll be back to check on you another time. Don't bother asking about my identity, because they won't tell you." Sayuri placed a hand on David's shoulder. "Good luck, David. When you figure your shit out, maybe then it'll be time to come back to the real world. Work hard. My friends will work you hard."

Yuri disappeared into another portal, popping back into David and Lee's house just in time to hear "…the safety of all involved, please do as we say, or there will be consequences!" Yuri's phone dinged and she pulled it from her pocket. Eyes wide, she stuffed the device back into her pocket and looked at Lee who was now alone. Vivi must have bailed out the back. Thank god. She looked at Lee again, noting how she'd been cut free. "David's safe. He won't come back. And he loves you." With that, she jumped through another portal which slammed closed behind her, leaving Lee alone in the house again. It took her to a spot outside less than a block away, the path she expected Vivisection to take. When she saw the girl getting close, Yuri opened another portal and pulled Vivisection into it, unless the other woman tried to evade her for some reason. The two would walk back out into a back alley behind a row of apartment buildings in the city, far away from the house they'd trespassed in.

"I didn't mean to leave you there alone. Sorry 'bout that. You seemed like you could handle yourself."

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Oh Luciana wanted to punch her so bad right now. "The fucking buddy system! You learn that in kindergarten!" Was Luciana's only reprimanding of the woman and some colorful Spanish curse words. "Just don't fucking do it again okay? I'm a big girl and can take care of myself, but I don't want to tangle with the cops until I really have to, okay? Okay."

She pulled out her phone. "Guess I better tell everyone that we're out and okay..."

Vivisection: Got out. Partner bailed me out. Mission is a success?

Having done that she turned back to Sayuri. "Did everything go okay with David or...?"

@SoleStride @Atomyk

Jay nodded slowly. "Ahuh..." He smiled a bit, eyeing Gideon with interest. His own look of concern seemed to wane as he observed the other man. "You know, you seem a bit nervous. You all good there? A group wouldn't just be about security, maybe others with a better grasp of their own powers could help you get more in tune with yours. I don't know, really. Different groups want different things, after all."

He then turned to Nichole and nodded at what she said. "It's not my group I'm advertising. Not to say I'm even part of a group..." He cleared his throat. "See, I'm just trying to look out for people like us. I know of a few groups out there, some only just started, and I think people like you two could benefit from seeking them out. There's one meeting next weekend. Seem like decent folk. A bit of a rough start, but what group is free from that, really."

Fenix: I'm really glad to hear that. For a second, I thought...

Well, give me some details. What was happening inside the house? Was there a Conduit? Are either of you hurt?

@Jeremi @SoleStride

Sayuri's eyes widened just a little and she pulled her mask down on her face, letting the tube mask drop down to hang around her neck. Her face was revealed once again and she happily breathed in the fresh air. Well, city air. It was better than being muffled by a mask at least. The woman, Vivisection, was clearly upset, and reasonably so. Yuri just stood and listened to her rant for a bit, and when she was done chewing her out Yuri pulled out her pack of cigarettes and stuck one, unlit, between her lips. The action was used to hide her smile. Despite being ranted at, Yuri was actually a little happy. The mission had pretty much been a success and Vivisection had pulled through when Yuri trusted her to take care of herself.

She lit up her cigarette with a lighter that she pulled from who-knows-where. Meanwhile, Vivisection was typing out a response to their benefactor. Yuri also pulled out her phone and pulled up the chat. She glanced at Vivisection briefly before turning her eyes to the phone again. Bailed her out? Not really. Luciana had gotten herself out of the house. Yuri had just shown up and portaled her to a more distant location. For now, she would respond to these two.

Carbine: 2 people in the house, 1 male, 1 female. Male was Conduit. Unable to properly control ability. No malicious intent. Conduit removed from the scene and placed at safe location for now. Will discuss further with Fenix at later time. All are unharmed.

Sayuri took a deep inhale of her cigarette, pushing her phone into her pocket and taking the cigarette out of her mouth so she could exhale. "I dropped David with some friends in the Midwest. I'll talk with the boss more about where he wants him to stay. But he can't be here." She looked Vivisection over. "Really though. He hit you kind of hard with that pulse. Are you okay?" Yuri leaned back against the alley wall, enjoying her smoke, keeping her eyes on Luciana and waiting for her answer.

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Sayuri's eyes widened just a little and she pulled her mask down on her face, letting the tube mask drop down to hang around her neck. Her face was revealed once again and she happily breathed in the fresh air. Well, city air. It was better than being muffled by a mask at least. The woman, Vivisection, was clearly upset, and reasonably so. Yuri just stood and listened to her rant for a bit, and when she was done chewing her out Yuri pulled out her pack of cigarettes and stuck one, unlit, between her lips. The action was used to hide her smile. Despite being ranted at, Yuri was actually a little happy. The mission had pretty much been a success and Vivisection had pulled through when Yuri trusted her to take care of herself.

She lit up her cigarette with a lighter that she pulled from who-knows-where. Meanwhile, Vivisection was typing out a response to their benefactor. Yuri also pulled out her phone and pulled up the chat. She glanced at Vivisection briefly before turning her eyes to the phone again. Bailed her out? Not really. Luciana had gotten herself out of the house. Yuri had just shown up and portaled her to a more distant location. For now, she would respond to these two.

Carbine: 2 people in the house, 1 male, 1 female. Male was Conduit. Unable to properly control ability. No malicious intent. Conduit removed from the scene and placed at safe location for now. Will discuss further with Fenix at later time. All are unharmed.

Sayuri took a deep inhale of her cigarette, pushing her phone into her pocket and taking the cigarette out of her mouth so she could exhale. "I dropped David with some friends in the Midwest. I'll talk with the boss more about where he wants him to stay. But he can't be here." She looked Vivisection over. "Really though. He hit you kind of hard with that pulse. Are you okay?" Yuri leaned back against the alley wall, enjoying her smoke, keeping her eyes on Luciana and waiting for her answer.

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Okay the David situation was taken care of. At least as best they could. She looked down at the chat not really having anything to add to what Sayuri had just said.

"I'm okay." Luciana assured Sayuri as she looked back up from her phone. "I heal pretty fast, comes with the grabbing bones out of your body bit, evidently." She too now pulling off her mask and stashing it inside her coat. "Still hurt pretty bad though, but pretty sure it's healed now."

With the job done Luciana wasn't quite sure what to do next. "Sooooo what now? Celebratory fastfood visit? Get wasted? I don't really know."

@Atomyk @SoleStride

Sayuri gave a nod to Vivisection's confirmation that she was okay. Healing fast must be nice. They didn't all have that kind of ability. Though it wasn't like Sayuri hadn't been shot before. But it hurt like a bitch and could kill her like any other person. "You handled yourself really well. Except the part where you tried to straight up tackle an unknown perp. I'd say keep a distance at first unless there's no other option." Yuri smiled a little, inhaling the last of her cigarette before dropping the bud on the ground and stomping it out with the toe of her boot. "But you did good." Maybe Vivisection was someone she could work with again. Even if the other woman gotten upset quickly, she seemed to stabilize just as quickly.

Sayuri gave a little chuckle and pushed off the wall behind her. "I could go for some food. But we should change first. Don't want to be seen wearing the same clothes as a couple vigilantes." A portal eased open behind her on the wall where she had just been leaning. "If you want to pop into my place, we can change. I'll lend you some clothes if you need." For the first time, Sayuri actually gave Luciana the option to go into a portal on her own instead of yanking her through it.

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Gideon was wondering this himself. The last thing he wanted was to find trouble amongst the new people he could befriend. How could he know if the group wasn't going to screw him over. He was worried that they might and that thought scared him more than anything else. What if they found out he was the son of a cop? What if someone betrayed him? There were so many negative thoughts that he nearly phased his hand through the table, but caught himself before he did it. He had to remain calm.

Gideon looked over at him, noticing that he could probably tell he was nervous. Being a non-projection in public was very dangerous to him as he feared he would accidently reveal himself. He had nearly done it the first time, but he was okay now. He looked over at him. " This is just my first outing in public, I haven't actually been well outside without my special dog, you know, it feels naked without him." He hoped it was evident he was talking about his powers.

He then turned to Nichole and nodded at what she said. "It's not my group I'm advertising. Not to say I'm even part of a group..." He cleared his throat. "See, I'm just trying to look out for people like us. I know of a few groups out there, some only just started, and I think people like you two could benefit from seeking them out. There's one meeting next weekend. Seem like decent folk. A bit of a rough start, but what group is free from that, really."

The other man looked at him and wondered why he wasn't advertising his own group. It would be the first thing he was advertising, but he did not want to be alone. He looked over at him and took a deep breath, choosing his next words carefully. " Are you also going to be there? I would feel better if you were also there," he replied back to him. He wasn't one to go to groups alone, as he was worried about people taking advantage of him. He was just not comfortable being alone.

@Atomyk @angelic sparkle

"sigh i'll give the group thing a try, as long they are the crazy vigalanties i guess it's fine. What time are they meeting?" Nichole said with a soft sigh. She adjusted her her backpack looking up at Gideon."you'll be fine, just keep your emotions in check. That's how i control mine, plus how can they not let you in with that nice butt of yours." Nichole said with a grin trying to lighten the mood so he wouldn't be so nervous. Heck she was nervous herself.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk

Gideon wondered how she would feel about him if she knew that he was so altruistic as he appeared. He wasn't a crazy vigilante but he fought for survival. It's why he had fought with the other guys. He blushed a little bit when Nichole had complimented him as he was not used to such thing. " Thanks for the compliment," he said, trying to keep himself in check and to not phase through the chair that he was sitting through. He awkwardly tapped his hand, looking at Jay.

@Atomyk @angelic sparkle

Sayuri gave a nod to Vivisection's confirmation that she was okay. Healing fast must be nice. They didn't all have that kind of ability. Though it wasn't like Sayuri hadn't been shot before. But it hurt like a bitch and could kill her like any other person. "You handled yourself really well. Except the part where you tried to straight up tackle an unknown perp. I'd say keep a distance at first unless there's no other option." Yuri smiled a little, inhaling the last of her cigarette before dropping the bud on the ground and stomping it out with the toe of her boot. "But you did good." Maybe Vivisection was someone she could work with again. Even if the other woman gotten upset quickly, she seemed to stabilize just as quickly.

Sayuri gave a little chuckle and pushed off the wall behind her. "I could go for some food. But we should change first. Don't want to be seen wearing the same clothes as a couple vigilantes." A portal eased open behind her on the wall where she had just been leaning. "If you want to pop into my place, we can change. I'll lend you some clothes if you need." For the first time, Sayuri actually gave Luciana the option to go into a portal on her own instead of yanking her through it.

@Jeremi @Atomyk

"You sure I'm your size?" Luciana asked Sayuri. "And hey, the tackle worked didn't it? I don't like the pain but...I'll heal. I always heal."

What a honor to be invited to a strangers home she thought to herself before continuing. "But yeah, sure, I'll tag along if it's okay."

@SoleStride @Atomyk

"Mmmmmm." Sayuri hummed thoughtfully while sheconsidered Luciana's question for a moment, before shrugging. "We'll make it work." Yuri was about 5'6" and athletic to boot, but she either wore her clothes just right or baggy so it should be fine. Was Vivi taller than her? She looked the girl up and down, shrugged one more time before taking hold of the woman's arm and walking through the portal. It wasn't necessarily that someone else couldn't go through the portal on their own, it was more that Yuri was worried about losing them in the void of space that she didn't quite understand yet. But things had been lost in there before.

When they reached the other side of the portal, the two women appeared in a small spare bedroom that was military clean except for one large pile of clothes in the corner from that morning. Yuri used her boot to stamp the clothes pile down briefly, before starting to whip her clothes off without thinking about the other woman being there or not. She moved to a duffel bag, pulling out clothes and tossing them over her shoulder at Vivisection. "What's your real name? I think you only told me the code name." She held up a shirt to look at it, then pulled it on over her own head. "Or you don't have to tell me if you don't want. Whatever." She continued to strip and change clothes, eventually pulling on a pair of high top Chucks in all black and grabbing her wallet.

@Jeremi @Atomyk

"Mmmmmm." Sayuri hummed thoughtfully while sheconsidered Luciana's question for a moment, before shrugging. "We'll make it work." Yuri was about 5'6" and athletic to boot, but she either wore her clothes just right or baggy so it should be fine. Was Vivi taller than her? She looked the girl up and down, shrugged one more time before taking hold of the woman's arm and walking through the portal. It wasn't necessarily that someone else couldn't go through the portal on their own, it was more that Yuri was worried about losing them in the void of space that she didn't quite understand yet. But things had been lost in there before.

When they reached the other side of the portal, the two women appeared in a small spare bedroom that was military clean except for one large pile of clothes in the corner from that morning. Yuri used her boot to stamp the clothes pile down briefly, before starting to whip her clothes off without thinking about the other woman being there or not. She moved to a duffel bag, pulling out clothes and tossing them over her shoulder at Vivisection. "What's your real name? I think you only told me the code name." She held up a shirt to look at it, then pulled it on over her own head. "Or you don't have to tell me if you don't want. Whatever." She continued to strip and change clothes, eventually pulling on a pair of high top Chucks in all black and grabbing her wallet.

@Jeremi @Atomyk

Luciana was a bit creeped out by how clean everything seemed to be. Not that she was a slob or anything but when there were deadlines, the first thing that suffered was her apartment. "It's Luciana," She responded as Sayuri rummaged through her clothes. "I mean we were in the middle of a hostage situation so I feel it's okay to actually tell you."

If Luciana was embarrassed that Sayuri was flinging clothes on and off then she wasn't showing it. "So got anything good for me? Not to picky, unless it's a frilly dress. I don't really do frilly. Though like I said..." She looked down at her stomach. "Dunno how much I'm going to have to shove myself into your shit. And I don't mean shit as in I think your style's shit. I just mean it in like a...stuff way."

@SoleStride

Reactions: SoleStride
Status
Not open for further replies.