• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The arrows are not real. Illusory magic. Being a kindred I think you would actually posses the ability to notice this unlike the rest of us, but I don't know given your character's unique circumstances.

EDIT: I am confusing Elves and Kindred. Elves are more akin to magic you guys are more akin to necromancy, life-magic, etc.

I am confusing Elves and Kindred. Elves are more akin to magic you guys are more akin to necromancy, life-magic, etc
This is actually incorrect. Elves are just as akin to magic as humans, but they treat it as more of a part of their religion. Elves have the dexterity humans lack and as a race tend to treat magic as more of a study. Kindred have a connection to magic and have the ability to "buy" power from life energy and former spirits in exchange for their own life.

The ability to sense magic is independent from their race. Even a Berserker can sense magic, it only takes someone who has enough knowledge of how magic works.

In order of weakest to strongest, magical prowess goes:
Dragoons>Berserkers>Humans/Elves>Espers>Kindred

Dragoons being the obvious bottom in that they can't actually harness magic.

Last edited:
Saethos: Outside next to Klein.
That's...Not in character for Saethos at all. He'd have overheard what it was all about and not want to take part in any assassinations, he'd let Alerio and Klein go do their business. While he's not likely to approve of what they are doing he's even less likely to stop them, but definitely would not want to be near it.

There seems to be a common misconception about Saethos lately. The way a lot of us are speaking it implies Saethos is a super effective killer, and while this isn't false, he takes as few lives as he can. He's more likely to invite you to drink with him after beating you to a pulp than he is to kill you unless you are a special kind of evil. He will 99/100 times refuse to be a part in someones death, he's not in the Daydream Raiders for the piracy, he's in it because the closest people to him died and he knows that pain far too well. He wants to help dreams come true, not bring lives to their ends.

I guess this is my fault for not being clear on his sheet...

@Squee

Sorry man, did not mean to have your character join us, just seemed like that's the route it was going. Alerio himself does not actively seek out to kill people, much like Saethos he loathes the idea of killing.

Main difference between them though it seems, Saethos would more likely not kill, Alerio would if there was enough justification. I've been trying hard to keep Alerio's motives and ideals a secret so that the other characters can gradually figure him out. Been so focused on keeping him an enigma that I may have messed up in a few other areas.

Just to be clear, when Alerio followed Klein and the client he had no intention on killing the wife. Again, he does not kill without a very good reason; and with Klein's inclination towards violence the captain felt he needed to go to prevent unneeded murder. Also, to find out why exactly the client wanted the wife dead, he'd much rather get both sides before even thinking about killing someone.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Arryn is wondering why they didn't just keep the money and send the guy packing, to be honest. Especially after he passed out. Freebee, and who's he going to tell? A magistrate? Now she's just wondering what is going on, and trying to protect her fellow crew mates.

@PoetLore
Mainly because Captain Alerio wanted to know what was going on himself. It would have been a free 1,000 gold, but deep down Alerio is a good guy in spite of his scary appearance. He knew if he left the man alone he'd likely go to someone else to kill his wife.

Well since Kindred is the bottom and not just that but my character's exposure to magic and her own develop is lacking, so going to say she didn't realize it was fake and leave it as is.

Arryn is wondering why they didn't just keep the money and send the guy packing, to be honest. Especially after he passed out. Freebee, and who's he going to tell? A magistrate? Now she's just wondering what is going on, and trying to protect her fellow crew mates.
Klein would not pass up the opportunity to kill someone even if the reason is ridiculous. The only time he would pass on a kill is when he thought he couldn't kill them. The money did not matter to him, but he knew the guy was anxious so why not milk some more out of him?

• Useful
NSFW-ish, Contains "Language" and Excessive Keith Lemon

Ok so I'm headed off to a Uni reunion this weekend and looking at the pub golf scorecards it going to end about as well as that video (also I love that clip and felt I could shanghai it in here). Long and the short I'm probbably not going to be able to start writing anything till tuesday. If this causes a back log just carry on without moi and I'll work back in if needed. Also if I am on OoC, quite possibly im going to be talking complete and utter korean meatballs although, I'll try not to drink and Iwaku.​
Klein would not pass up the opportunity to kill someone even if the reason is ridiculous
I'm kinda glad Ran has an escape method to a place im fairly sure klein can't reach her, he is mildly terryfying.

Klein would not pass up the opportunity to kill someone even if the reason is ridiculous.
Adorable :P.
Am my the only person who finds characters with a naive but unquenchable bloodlust adorable?
I'll see myself out now.

I'm kinda glad Ran has an escape method to a place im fairly sure klein can't reach her, he is mildly terryfying.
I can reach you anywhere you go >:D

Adorable :P.
Am my the only person who finds characters with a naive but unquenchable bloodlust adorable?
I'll see myself out now.
"Same."

fourthwallbreakingkleinconfirmed

NSFW-ish, Contains "Language" and Excessive Keith Lemon

Ok so I'm headed off to a Uni reunion this weekend and looking at the pub golf scorecards it going to end about as well as that video (also I love that clip and felt I could shanghai it in here). Long and the short I'm probbably not going to be able to start writing anything till tuesday. If this causes a back log just carry on without moi and I'll work back in if needed. Also if I am on OoC, quite possibly im going to be talking complete and utter korean meatballs although, I'll try not to drink and Iwaku.​

hahahaha have fun! FYI Korean's don't eat meatballs! ^_- I missed those...they do have LOTS of little hotdogs sausages things that are AMAZING and if they DO have meatballs I never saw any.... T.T

• Thank You
Reactions: Applo
Well... I completely forgot to check my alerts. And missed this entire page. TT_TT

That happens to me about every day Greenie! It's worse on the intern PM, but that's because there are 33 people on there. Still, it does take a bit of time to read through everything. So glad this one is actual talk about the RP and the characters. it's helpful!!

Reactions: Greenie
I'd like to mention, if I use colored text for an NPC's speech, they will be important.

I'm so tempted to post again owo I won't; of course. I'll be patient. :'D

• Love
Reactions: Applo and PoetLore
So, what should I post (if this is an appropriate time for me to post that is), currently there's nothing really more than "go with the flow" when it comes to story content.
Unless I run off with the violent murder wanting privet investigators.

What you have to ask yourself is... What would Valor do? O.O