Illusion Game IV: The Day of Sagittarius III [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alec leaned casually against Daren's desk, tapping his fingers lightly on the wood surface. It seemed hard to get Daren down sometimes, which Alec had to attribute to the man's song sense of faith. It had to be good for something. "I know I keep coming back for more, but I hope you're not using the same methods for the others..."

Just another joke, and not one Alec was worried carried any element of truth. Daren was not that kind of man. Besides, of the two of them, others would probably say Alec was the one who had a wandering eye. It wasn't like it was a preposterous assumption, but the fact of the matter was that Alec couldn't afford pulling that kind of bullshit. Wasn't like he really wanted to anyway, in this case.

Alec took a moment to sip on his drink, eyeing Daren. The mention of the virus made him grimace, and he momentarily grappled with the idea of even talking about it. "Right, uh, the virus..." Shaking his head, he had to laugh at himself. He hadn't planned to tell Daren anything about yesterday, but fuck, was Alec feeling guilty. It made him embarrassed and flushed for it to honestly occur to him that Daren deserved better than that. "I guess I should tell you I was feeling sick yesterday, that's why I was in Medical. You should be fine, I swear I feel fanfuckingtastic today. I wasn't trying to deflect with the programmer girl, I really did make the most informed decision there..."

@Jeremi

"No you seem to be the only one who have fallen for my charms. So in that regard, I'm not quite sure who in this room is the real fool." He chuckled on that, it wasn't like Daren was the ultimate catch, but he knew how to be charming, or at least he thought he could. "And no tat girl, Mika I think, was a likely suspect as any. Not like she will be expelled through the airlock if she really is sick. She will be quarantined and cured...I hope."

@Atomyk

Sterling was surprised that he hadn't come back to an empty storage room. It seemed that the two crates were trying to be carried out with some difficulty. He imagined that it would be easier if there was two of them. He looked over at the label and realized that was their food. Where exactly were they going to move their food? It seemed rather suspicious to the man, but he wasn't about to question why they were being moving if this was one of their only food sources here.

Sterling offered a smile back to the man. " Yeah, I am here to help. I imagine that despite going to the planet to discover new things, I should try to help out where I can," he said, looking over at the large box. He imagine that he could lift it. He wasn't exactly weak, but he wasn't going to be a super strong god either. He however had been working out to stay in shape. He walked over to the box and attempted to pick it up and put it on his shoulder. It was the easiest way that he knew of to carry a box without getting physically hurt too.

@Verite
Though it took just a bit of effort, Sterling would be able to lift up the crate. With all that done, the two men began to walk out of the Storage Area and towards the Restricted Area, leading Sterling around as well. The walk might have proven to be rather tiring for those low on stamina and endurance, but then, there wasn't exactly that much of a rush, as far as could be assumed from Shiraishii's and Matsumoto's expressions.

The destination, that is, the Restricted Area, was blocked off by a rather large hatch. Fortunately, there was a console next to it. As they all reached the place, Shiraishii set down the crates and drew what appeared to be an identification card, before swiping it on the console. With that, the hatch began to hiss and slowly began to open up, revealing a giant, yet completely dark chamber that was unable to be gazed in more than several feet in. Matsumoto shivered, evidently not used to this place despite having worked on the ship for quite a while.

"Man... Every time I pass by this place, it still creeps me out," he commented, reluctantly walking towards the edge of the open hatch and setting down the crates on the other side, before Shiraishii would do the same and beckon Sterling to do the same.

"Why do you suppose the Captain made us transport some food over here anyway? If we have limited resources, then shouldn't we... y'know, not put stuff in restricted places?"

"Who knows? Maybe there's a monster inside," Shiraishii said facetiously, rubbing the back of his head, before something rather peculiar could be heard.

Hisssshhh.

Suddenly, the two men went pale as a strange, low hissing sound could be heard in the darkness of the room, prompting them to step back. Following the hiss, soft yet rapid tapping sounds could be heard in the distance.

"What... What was that?!"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: Jeremi
"My name is Mika, Mika...uhh, oh! Sick? Oh, yaaaa...."

Mika trailed off, tapping her chin briefly and standing on her tip-toes, pink eyes glancing over to the side as the programmer fidgeted about awkwardly. Completely unaware and oblivious to the whole stressful predicament, the gamer was completely content of disclosing the information. Information, that, frankly, did not speak well for the teenager's case. Looking over at Daren and Alex go off together for some reason, Mika was tempted to follow, if ya know, she didn't have super scary tall security guard in front of her.

"I had troubles sleepin' yesterday a-and I got a lot of shivers, but, I feel, uhum, a little better now!" the Chinese-Japanese schoolgirl remarked, abruptly concealing a sneeze with the sleeve of her hoodie. "A-Acho! Uhaaa~ I-I'm okay, h-honest, Captain Haruhi-san has a present for me, I s-should go see what it is!" Mika exclaimed excitedly, though disguised wanting to avoid this situation all together. Captain Haruhi knows a little sneeze or two shouldn't bother a busy programmer like herself from working, right?

Right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @york @Atomyk @Social Center yo
"Mika, huh?"

Jo considered himself a very patient person, it was a quality he wore like a badge (in a humble way, of course) in any field of work. His peaceful mind contrasted with his intimidating presence, which made these kind of conversations awkward for both parties. This little programming gamer girl probably thought Jo was going to arrest her, or beat the snot out of her for her snack money, or something. Jo was also perceptive, however, as he noted the girls eyes drifting away for a second. So Alec probably was referring to her, huh? She must've been looking at him and Darren, as if she knew them.

The Japanese guard flashed a vague smile, even as Mika blatantly sneezed right in front of him. "I see...Well, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, miss Mika. I'd ask you please visit the Medbay if you feel strange again, for your own sake and for the sake of the crew. The last thing the Security team wants is a sick Captain jumping down our throats, eh? I'll get out of your hair now, apologies for taking your time."

The giant gave a polite bow to the girl before turning and walking off.

In all his years of living, Jo Tajiri never encountered a situation where he felt like he was consigning a potentially innocent person to their doom. Even as a law student or a security officer, the people Jo has dealt with in his line of work ranged from petty men trying to make a quick buck, or genuine criminals who tried to escape the long arm of the law. This seems like an overreaction to a simple outbreak, but Jo always had a sense of where things were going, a powerful gut feeling that turned out vaguely accurate in the end.

He had a feeling that there was more. A thin line that he could barely see. Jo had no concrete reason to feel this way, but something tells him he doesn't need one. The vote he casts will have some kind of impact, an impact that he never wants in his simple life of protecting himself and his brother.

<"...Ah, well, it's just a gut feeling, right?">

Jo votes for Mika.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @Yatagarasu @Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Gummi Bunnies @york @Social Center​

Tapping his chin for a moment, Daisuke nodded. It was difficult, however, to tell if he was actually agreeing with John or simply mulling over his own thoughts. Nevertheless, he replied after a moment. "Life certainly is a mystery, isn't it? This infection could pass and end up as a funny memory, or it could turn out to be a big problem. Anyhow, I suppose we'll just have to trust the judgement of our wise Captain, hm?"

Daisuke gave a slight nod when Mr. Smith replied in regards to his sister. "Oh, you're right. It was Miss Goto who e-mailed us this morning. She sounded really frantic and upset. So, between you and me, the Captain actually gave her a break from the Medical Bay today. Anyhow, she did say your sister was asking about you so maybe it would be good to go and pay her a visit."
"Yeah... I suppose you're right," John sighed in response to Daisuke, rubbing his head with his hand as he'd briefly glance at the busy Captain who seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder, though admittedly, he could never tell when it was deliberate or she just had other things at her mind (though then again, if she had time to text her pen pal... one had to wonder). That said, the First Mate let out a gentle sigh, looking up at the ceiling with an almost dreamy look.

"Nurse Goto worried about me, huh? She really is too good for this galaxy..." He mumbled, before pocketing his hands and proceeding to leave the area, "In any case, I'll be seeing myself out then. Try not to enable the Captain's worst behavior while I'm gone."

Perhaps it would do him and Haruhi to be away from each other. The way they tended to bicker together, he wouldn't be surprised if some of the crew would feel the need to compare them to a married couple. It didn't bother him all that much. If anything, the only thing that bothered him about the nature of his relationship with her was how unpredictable it was, at least to him, as he could never know what was going on in her head, what she might be thinking...

... Not that he'd care about that or anything.

As he walked towards the Clinic to visit his sister, John let out a more tired, drawn out sigh to himself. "That woman's going to be the death of me if I'm not careful... and I feel like I'm not the only one at risk here."

Too bad probably no one shares that sentiment. Sometimes, it's almost like I'm the only one with any sense around here... She could probably commit war crimes and people would probably just be more concerned with flirting and farting around with each other.

... And the scariest part is I wonder just how capable she is of something like that.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Now that was a joke Alec found himself having to laugh at. He hid his chuckles behind his glass, though he wasn't entirely sure why. Alec took a certain pride in being the charming one when it came to relationships, but even he had to admit that Daren could surprise him from time to time. Perhaps it was due to the ship's isolation, or even the fact that Alec hadn't been with someone in a while before Daren, but sometimes the gratitude he felt for the other man poured out of him in levels he couldn't control.

If he was already feeling sappy, he was going to need his glass refilled quickly. He took one last gulp, emptying it, before holding it out for Daren to refill. "But let's not... talk about her. Any of that. Kinda wanna talk about you, you know? And me." Alec stared at Daren, looking a bit more serious now. Jesus, he didn't want to do this right now. Every time he walked in here alone he seemed to start thinking the guy standing before him was fucking amazing or something. A part of Alec just wanted to jump the guy and get it over with.

... But another part of him wanted to talk, so he stared and waited for Daren to respond.

@Jeremi

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi
Now that was a joke Alec found himself having to laugh at. He hid his chuckles behind his glass, though he wasn't entirely sure why. Alec took a certain pride in being the charming one when it came to relationships, but even he had to admit that Daren could surprise him from time to time. Perhaps it was due to the ship's isolation, or even the fact that Alec hadn't been with someone in a while before Daren, but sometimes the gratitude he felt for the other man poured out of him in levels he couldn't control.

If he was already feeling sappy, he was going to need his glass refilled quickly. He took one last gulp, emptying it, before holding it out for Daren to refill. "But let's not... talk about her. Any of that. Kinda wanna talk about you, you know? And me." Alec stared at Daren, looking a bit more serious now. Jesus, he didn't want to do this right now. Every time he walked in here alone he seemed to start thinking the guy standing before him was fucking amazing or something. A part of Alec just wanted to jump the guy and get it over with.

... But another part of him wanted to talk, so he stared and waited for Daren to respond.

@Jeremi

"What about me or you do you want to talk about?" Daren asked as he poured Alec another drink. Not a full glass since Alec was still on the clock after all. "Is this when one of us goes down on our knee and propose?" He was joking of course, but Alec wasn't the only one who could shoot out the awkward questions. "There better be at least two diamonds on the ring before I can even consider it."

@Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Atomyk
Alec looked momentarily aghast, shooting a look at Daren as if to say he was crazy. "Christ, no," he said quietly, before taking another sip, drinking slowly so he had time to consider his words. With a deep breath, he put the glass down on the desk next to him and looked at Daren intently.

"I know you're joking, but it's shit like that... it makes me wonder, Daren. We don't get much time to talk, so I don't know what this means for you." He paused to gesture between them. "I'm having fun, but I like you a lot, too. I don't know if it comes off like that, but despite my best efforts, I actually like you as a person. So, like..." Alec's shoulders sagged, for he felt a bit crushed by the embarrassment of saying all this. "Look what you're doing to me, man. I know how religious you are... how much it means to you. I don't get it at all."

He stopped, feeling flushed. He reached eagerly for his glass and spoke quietly. "What would you call us? And... will it continue when we're off this ship?"

@Jeremi

Alec looked momentarily aghast, shooting a look at Daren as if to say he was crazy. "Christ, no," he said quietly, before taking another sip, drinking slowly so he had time to consider his words. With a deep breath, he put the glass down on the desk next to him and looked at Daren intently.

"I know you're joking, but it's shit like that... it makes me wonder, Daren. We don't get much time to talk, so I don't know what this means for you." He paused to gesture between them. "I'm having fun, but I like you a lot, too. I don't know if it comes off like that, but despite my best efforts, I actually like you as a person. So, like..." Alec's shoulders sagged, for he felt a bit crushed by the embarrassment of saying all this. "Look what you're doing to me, man. I know how religious you are... how much it means to you. I don't get it at all."

He stopped, feeling flushed. He reached eagerly for his glass and spoke quietly. "What would you call us? And... will it continue when we're off this ship?"

@Jeremi

"I would call this...a relationship." He responded. "And its continuation will last as long as I have interest." He said it as stone faced as he could but Daren was a terrible actor and the giggle that escaped from his lips gave him away almost instantly. "I can't predict the future, but in the here and now? I want to have this. It's nice...calling someone your boyfriend. Or maybe you would prefer paramour?"

@Atomyk

"Uh, no--" Alec snorted. "Boyfriend is fine. No, not fine... it's, you know... good. It's good." He was silent for a moment, basking in the idea. He hadn't quite felt this good about being called someone's boyfriend since high school, and even then it was only because it was a fresh experience. Of course, the guys Alec tended to go for weren't quite like Daren, so maybe it was someone like him that Alec really needed.

"Most people who meet me think I'm all about, you know, casual relationships. And I can't say I'm not, really... this just started casual, right? Then it became something more and I didn't even realize it until lately." He reached out with his free hand and took hold of Daren's hand. He rubbed his thumb across the other man's knuckles. "I can't predict the future either, but I hope things stick... like this. For a while, anyway. Sorry if that puts some pressure on ya, but you're stuck with me."

@Jeremi

Tapping his chin for a moment, Daisuke nodded. It was difficult, however, to tell if he was actually agreeing with John or simply mulling over his own thoughts. Nevertheless, he replied after a moment. "Life certainly is a mystery, isn't it? This infection could pass and end up as a funny memory, or it could turn out to be a big problem. Anyhow, I suppose we'll just have to trust the judgement of our wise Captain, hm?"

Daisuke gave a slight nod when Mr. Smith replied in regards to his sister. "Oh, you're right. It was Miss Goto who e-mailed us this morning. She sounded really frantic and upset. So, between you and me, the Captain actually gave her a break from the Medical Bay today. Anyhow, she did say your sister was asking about you so maybe it would be good to go and pay her a visit."

Paying little mind to what Daisuke and John were talking about, the Captain sat at her computer to take a video call she received from one of the security guards. "You're right, it was sudden," she replied to Alec, crossing her arms. Her tone sounded slightly annoyed due to the fact she much rather would've been replying to Mika's email at the moment. She wasn't in the mood to answer questions, but as a captain this was still something she had to take care of.

"But don't worry, I emailed Security about it right before I made the announcement. Are you telling me you didn't get it?" Suzumiya paused to tap her chin, mulling over these thoughts before replying again. "If this is terrorism, we'll find out soon enough. What's the harm in letting the whole crew equally decide what we should do about this? It's not like I'm a dictator. Allowing everyone to vote makes things more fair."

When Alec cut his feed for a moment, Suzumiya took the time to message Mika back. "Jeez, what a pain," she mumbled to herself as she started to type.

Oh, what a relief! Guess what? When you get back, I have a surprise for youuuuu~ :slaphappy:

@Verite @Jeremi @Atomyk @Krieg

182890_original.png

"Pleasure's all mine," Oswin replied to Raven, continuing to walk further into the garden. She lead the group along a mossy path, gesturing to a small, wooden shed at the end. She gestured to the shed when Elias asked where they were going. "I'm taking you to my tool shed. You can't very well fix this kind of problem with no tools or... method of defending yourselves," she told them, walking up to the door.

eb7e72b868979b1ef27dbdf7fb339c89.png

When they approached, the woman pulled a small object from her belt. It resembled a pen, but had a light on the end of it. She pressed a button on the object and pointed it at a lock on door. The object buzzed and glowed for only a second, before she pulled it away and opened the door. She then waved the object in front of the others. "Sonic screwdriver, a jack-of-all-trades tool. It'll be a vital part of helping me fix my little problem so I hope at least one of you knows how to use one. If not, well, you're about to learn."

The young woman walked over to a tool rack and took down a couple sonic screwdrivers, sighing before she looked at them. "So, you see, the problem is some kind of... monster, a plant monster. I probably sound mad, but I swear I'm telling the truth. Everything was fine, until one day when it just appeared out of nowhere. Seem's scientifically impossible to me. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it, but it's here. I've tried to cut it, but when I do it just grows back stronger. What's keeping it alive is... the irrigation system. So what we need to do is shut it off. There are three valves that turn off the system. Every time I try to turn off the valves the plant stops me. That's why I could use the help. If we don't stop it, the bloody thing will just keep growing until it... well, let's not try to picture the worst case scenario."

@penguin055 @Crow @Takumi @Kaykay @Garden.

3cad5a7fca255865c5fa754f454572ba.png

The girl frowned, her hold on the fake gun wavering for a moment when the man wouldn't react to her. "Oh, like, come on! Can't you at least pretend to play along, nyoro? You're no fun at all! I could totally have an important reason for doing this!" she said, letting out a huff of air.

@Yun Lee @Store

Raven Summersnow Slowmercury | 12 - Garden

"Irrigation system, you mean, the thing that keeps the garden alive?" Raven asks. "Well, what you describe sounds like a last resort... a long-term solution I suppose...

how many of these 'Sonic Screwdrivers' are there for us to use, and how different is it from semi-automated screwdrivers that I have used previously, or any screwdriver for that matter?"

@penguin055 @Crow @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Garden.

Melissa had never even heard of such a tool, but she wasn't going to admit it aloud. How difficult could using a sound-based screwdriver be anyway? She took one silently, dangling it between her fingers as though ti were some kind of strange creature. Maybe if she looked closely enough at it she'd get how to work it.

...Probably not, actually. She quickly gripped it normally, using Oswin as a reference.

"There isn't a way to shut down irrigation from the control room? What a ridiculous choice. But I understand now. Let's put this weed out of its misery."

@penguin055 @Crow @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Garden

So they had to turn off the irrigation system to deal with the problem? Sounded easy enough. Although Luka had little to no knowledge on how to use the sonic screwdriver he was sure ge could get the hang of it if he tried, right? Hopefully, things would end well.

Though, things seemed easier said than done, he was determined to help so that there would be less things to worry about on the ship.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @Gardens @Anybody I missed

A very lost Caldwell would find himself in front of the Garden. It must've been fate that he found this place. It was his destiny to enter and check it out. : |​
do_you_believe_in_destiny___rwby_spoilers__by_ferneturn-d9u08lq.png

"Oh, hey, look. A garden," the derpy young man commented aloud. He liked flowers and fruits and shit, and a garden had all that stuff, right? This was totally, like, meant to be! So cheerfully, the poor, lost redhead joined the garden crew.

Like the little loser he was.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @Gardensidk @sorryfortheshitpostrip​

"Oh, hey, look. A garden," the derpy young man commented aloud. He liked flowers and fruits and shit, and a garden had all that stuff, right? This was totally, like, meant to be! So cheerfully, the poor, lost redhead joined the garden crew.

"Caldwell, you're supposed to tend to the Cafeteria," Raven calmly speaks, before it accelerates to a panic. "Wait a second - WHO'S RUNNING THE CAFETERIA? WHAT IF THE FOOD RUNS OUT? AAAAA- yeah, let's focus. And don't go running off, there's a carnivorous beast on the loose - or rather, it's stuck in place."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Crow @Savannah Clause @penguin055 @Kaykay @GARDENS

Meanwhile... back at the Cafeteria...

"Muumiiiiii...." Princess Emily Cutt unleashed her verbal tick as she talked to herself. "Neither Caldwell nor Raven are back yet... and the food may run out any moment... Raven's done so much for me... Mimi wants to do something for him... that..."

Emily raises her head and asks those surrounding her at the table - new acquaintances if you may. Her ruby eyes shined with determination! "Um... excuse me... does anyone here know how to cook?"

@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @york @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @CAFETERIA

182890_original.png

"Pleasure's all mine," Oswin replied to Raven, continuing to walk further into the garden. She lead the group along a mossy path, gesturing to a small, wooden shed at the end. She gestured to the shed when Elias asked where they were going. "I'm taking you to my tool shed. You can't very well fix this kind of problem with no tools or... method of defending yourselves," she told them, walking up to the door.

eb7e72b868979b1ef27dbdf7fb339c89.png

When they approached, the woman pulled a small object from her belt. It resembled a pen, but had a light on the end of it. She pressed a button on the object and pointed it at a lock on door. The object buzzed and glowed for only a second, before she pulled it away and opened the door. She then waved the object in front of the others. "Sonic screwdriver, a jack-of-all-trades tool. It'll be a vital part of helping me fix my little problem so I hope at least one of you knows how to use one. If not, well, you're about to learn."

The young woman walked over to a tool rack and took down a couple sonic screwdrivers, sighing before she looked at them. "So, you see, the problem is some kind of... monster, a plant monster. I probably sound mad, but I swear I'm telling the truth. Everything was fine, until one day when it just appeared out of nowhere. Seem's scientifically impossible to me. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it, but it's here. I've tried to cut it, but when I do it just grows back stronger. What's keeping it alive is... the irrigation system. So what we need to do is shut it off. There are three valves that turn off the system. Every time I try to turn off the valves the plant stops me. That's why I could use the help. If we don't stop it, the bloody thing will just keep growing until it... well, let's not try to picture the worst case scenario."

@penguin055 @Crow @Takumi @Kaykay @Garden.
Melissa had never even heard of such a tool, but she wasn't going to admit it aloud. How difficult could using a sound-based screwdriver be anyway? She took one silently, dangling it between her fingers as though ti were some kind of strange creature. Maybe if she looked closely enough at it she'd get how to work it.

...Probably not, actually. She quickly gripped it normally, using Oswin as a reference.

"There isn't a way to shut down irrigation from the control room? What a ridiculous choice. But I understand now. Let's put this weed out of its misery."

"Caldwell, you're supposed to tend to the Cafeteria," Raven calmly speaks, before it accelerates to a panic. "Wait a second - WHO'S RUNNING THE CAFETERIA? WHAT IF THE FOOD RUNS OUT? AAAAA- yeah, let's focus. And don't go running off, there's a carnivorous beast on the loose - or rather, it's stuck in place."

"A plant monster, huh?" Elias said, and took one of the screwdrivers. "This ship is just full of surprises." He studied the sonic screwdriver closely for a few moments, turning it around in his hands and inspecting every little detail. "These are safe, right?" he asked, pointing the device at the ground and clicking the button a few times. "I suppose it doesn't make much of a difference either way. We are going to be up against a plant monster, after all." Once he had finished his inspection of the tool, he put it in his pocket and folded his arms across his chest. "Well I'm ready to kill this thing. Let's get going."

Just then, Elias heard footsteps behind him, and looked over his shoulder to see Caldwell join the group. After Raven finished speaking, he welcomed the newcomer. "Here to join our little expedition, are you? You're gonna need one of those, then," he said, pointing towards Oswin.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Crow @Savannah Clause @Takumi @Garden

Raven Summersnow Slowmercury | 12 - Garden

"Irrigation system, you mean, the thing that keeps the garden alive?" Raven asks. "Well, what you describe sounds like a last resort... a long-term solution I suppose...

how many of these 'Sonic Screwdrivers' are there for us to use, and how different is it from semi-automated screwdrivers that I have used previously, or any screwdriver for that matter?"

@penguin055 @Crow @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Garden.

So they had to turn off the irrigation system to deal with the problem? Sounded easy enough. Although Luka had little to no knowledge on how to use the sonic screwdriver he was sure ge could get the hang of it if he tried, right? Hopefully, things would end well.

Though, things seemed easier said than done, he was determined to help so that there would be less things to worry about on the ship.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @Gardens @Anybody I missed

Meanwhile... back at the Cafeteria...

"Muumiiiiii...." Princess Emily Cutt unleashed her verbal tick as she talked to herself. "Neither Caldwell nor Raven are back yet... and the food may run out any moment... Raven's done so much for me... Mimi wants to do something for him... that..."

Emily raises her head and asks those surrounding her at the table - new acquaintances if you may. Her ruby eyes shined with determination! "Um... excuse me... does anyone here know how to cook?"

@Yun Lee @Nater Taters @york @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @CAFETERIA

"A plant monster, huh?" Elias said, and took one of the screwdrivers. "This ship is just full of surprises." He studied the sonic screwdriver closely for a few moments, turning it around in his hands and inspecting every little detail. "These are safe, right?" he asked, pointing the device at the ground and clicking the button a few times. "I suppose it doesn't make much of a difference either way. We are going to be up against a plant monster, after all." Once he had finished his inspection of the tool, he put it in his pocket and folded his arms across his chest. "Well I'm ready to kill this thing. Let's get going."

Just then, Elias heard footsteps behind him, and looked over his shoulder to see Caldwell join the group. After Raven finished speaking, he welcomed the newcomer. "Here to join our little expedition, are you? You're gonna need one of those, then," he said, pointing towards Oswin.

tumblr_inline_o5dz2qdDed1s2djns_100.png

"I understand the irrigation system we have sounds a bit... odd," Oswin replied, glancing between Raven and Melissa who seemed surprised by it. "I don't even really understand why we have something like it. The only explanation I've been given is that this ship is... old. So I'm assuming it doesn't have everything it needs. Quite a shame. Like you said, if the Control Room could simply shut off this irrigation system the problem would be solved." The woman sighed and shook her head. "Nevertheless, we'll get the job done. I have plenty of sonic screwdrivers here," she said, answering Raven.

After she had answered Raven, it was then that a very derpy Caldwell arrived. Oswin raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Hey, who was she to judge anyone who came to help? She really needed the assistance! "Just in time," she said to Caldwell. "I'm going to give all of you another quick rundown on what we're going to do and then we'll get started."

Owswin pointed her sonic screwdriver at the door, locking it again as an example. "This tool can do anything. It's connected to your mind. Press the button and think about what you want it to do. It'll do it. That's all, really. Anyone with half a brain can use one." So that meant Caldwell probably couldn't use it. : |

"One last thing," she said, gesturing to a tool rack containing some axes, saws, and gardening shears. "I'd recommend taking one of those with you too. That way you can cut yourself free if it grabs you. If you can't get away it'll drag you toward itself and... well, to be frank, it might try to eat you."

"Now, come over here and take a look. This is what we're up against," Oswin said, walking to a window over at the back corner of the shed they were in. She blew dust off it and wiped it with the back of her hand so the others could better see what was outside. The others would see a strange looking plant monster with vine-like arms. It had wide jaws and large teeth, making it appear to be quite the threat.

latest

"At least one of you needs to distract it. Run out there and do whatever it takes to get its attention on you. How about you take care of that, new guy," she said, gesturing to Caldwell. Because he looked like a good scape goat. : |

"And then while one of you is distracting it, the others should try and get to the three valves and shut them off with the sonic screwdrivers. Avoiding its vines is the main problem, because it'll try to hold you back from getting to the valves. But with someone distracting it, that shouldn't be a big problem. Sound good, everyone?"

@penguin055 @Kaykay @Crow @Savannah Clause @Takumi @GardenArea

"I understand the irrigation system we have sounds a bit... odd," Oswin replied, glancing between Raven and Melissa who seemed surprised by it. "I don't even really understand why we have something like it. The only explanation I've been given is that this ship is... old. So I'm assuming it doesn't have everything it needs. Quite a shame. Like you said, if the Control Room could simply shut off this irrigation system the problem would be solved." The woman sighed and shook her head. "Nevertheless, we'll get the job done. I have plenty of sonic screwdrivers here," she said, answering Raven.

After she had answered Raven, it was then that a very derpy Caldwell arrived. Oswin raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. Hey, who was she to judge anyone who came to help? She really needed the assistance! "Just in time," she said to Caldwell. "I'm going to give all of you another quick rundown on what we're going to do and then we'll get started."

Owswin pointed her sonic screwdriver at the door, locking it again as an example. "This tool can do anything. It's connected to your mind. Press the button and think about what you want it to do. It'll do it. That's all, really. Anyone with half a brain can use one." So that meant Caldwell probably couldn't use it. : |

"One last thing," she said, gesturing to a tool rack containing some axes, saws, and gardening shears. "I'd recommend taking one of those with you too. That way you can cut yourself free if it grabs you. If you can't get away it'll drag you toward itself and... well, to be frank, it might try to eat you."

"Now, come over here and take a look. This is what we're up against," Oswin said, walking to a window over at the back corner of the shed they were in. She blew dust off it and wiped it with the back of her hand so the others could better see what was outside. The others would see a strange looking plant monster with vine-like arms. It had wide jaws and large teeth, making it appear to be quite the threat.

latest

"At least one of you needs to distract it. Run out there and do whatever it takes to get its attention on you. How about you take care of that, new guy," she said, gesturing to Caldwell. Because he looked like a good scape goat. : |

"And then while one of you is distracting it, the others should try and get to the three valves and shut them off with the sonic screwdrivers. Avoiding its vines is the main problem, because it'll try to hold you back from getting to the valves. But with someone distracting it, that shouldn't be a big problem. Sound good, everyone?"

Hold on a second...

Owswin pointed her sonic screwdriver at the door, locking it again as an example. "This tool can do anything. It's connected to your mind. Press the button and think about what you want it to do. It'll do it. That's all, really. Anyone with half a brain can use one."
This tool can do anything.
anything.

These very words gave Raven a feeling of Deja Vu. This meant that he knew what he had to do as a spark passed through his mind.

"Anything, you say? Just to be safe, I desire a brief test run for starters."

Raven concentrates his mind and he uses the Sonic Screwdriver on his fullbody metal suit, equipping a set of shining, retractable metallic wings onto it that appeared to be a mix of angel wings and aeroplane wings.

After grabbing an axe, he utters these words.

"Laser Sword!"

He smiles as he concentrates his mental energy onto the sonic screwdriver.

"Laser Sword! Laser Sword! Laser Sword!"

Nothing happened.

"On second thought," Raven lightly laughs as he looks at his axe. "Metal sword. Or axe, metal axe, for that matter. Aha."

Raven then uses his will to make the Sonic Screwdriver some sort of radar to allow him to detect the giant plant monster, or its vines for that matter, so that he can swiftly evade them should they come.

"So," Raven turns to the others in the team, "tell me where you want to go. And by that I mean, who goes to which valve. There are six of us, so if one distracts, two each should tackle the two valves nearest to the plant, and one should tackle the third.

If two distract, two should tackle the nearest valve to the plant-beast, and one each should tackle the second and third.

Under either condition, I will pair with someone."

@penguin055 @Kaykay @Crow @Savannah Clause @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @GardenArea

"Uh, no--" Alec snorted. "Boyfriend is fine. No, not fine... it's, you know... good. It's good." He was silent for a moment, basking in the idea. He hadn't quite felt this good about being called someone's boyfriend since high school, and even then it was only because it was a fresh experience. Of course, the guys Alec tended to go for weren't quite like Daren, so maybe it was someone like him that Alec really needed.

"Most people who meet me think I'm all about, you know, casual relationships. And I can't say I'm not, really... this just started casual, right? Then it became something more and I didn't even realize it until lately." He reached out with his free hand and took hold of Daren's hand. He rubbed his thumb across the other man's knuckles. "I can't predict the future either, but I hope things stick... like this. For a while, anyway. Sorry if that puts some pressure on ya, but you're stuck with me."

@Jeremi

Daren leaned in and gave Alec a kiss on the cheek. "No pressure...just pleasant experiences all around." He responded. "I will be honest...I haven't dealt with much of this in my life...but it feels nice. I appreciate it. Truly."

@Atomyk

latest

Hold on a second...

These very words gave Raven a feeling of Deja Vu. This meant that he knew what he had to do as a spark passed through his mind.

"Anything, you say? Just to be safe, I desire a brief test run for starters."

Raven concentrates his mind and he uses the Sonic Screwdriver on his fullbody metal suit, equipping a set of shining, retractable metallic wings onto it that appeared to be a mix of angel wings and aeroplane wings.

After grabbing an axe, he utters these words.

"Laser Sword!"

He smiles as he concentrates his mental energy onto the sonic screwdriver.

"Laser Sword! Laser Sword! Laser Sword!"

Nothing happened.

"On second thought," Raven lightly laughs as he looks at his axe. "Metal sword. Or axe, metal axe, for that matter. Aha."

Raven then uses his will to make the Sonic Screwdriver some sort of radar to allow him to detect the giant plant monster, or its vines for that matter, so that he can swiftly evade them should they come.

"So," Raven turns to the others in the team, "tell me where you want to go. And by that I mean, who goes to which valve. There are six of us, so if one distracts, two each should tackle the two valves nearest to the plant, and one should tackle the third.

If two distract, two should tackle the nearest valve to the plant-beast, and one each should tackle the second and third.

Under either condition, I will pair with someone."

@penguin055 @Kaykay @Crow @Savannah Clause @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @GardenArea

Luka silently questioned if they would even survive the ordeal. The blonde looked towards the others in the group.

"I don't mind whichever we do, but if one of us has to go help this guy distract it then I guess I wouldn't mind volunteering." he replied, motioning to Caldwell as he spoke. He figured that if Caldwell got nabbed while trying to distract it someone would have to help the derpy looking one armed fellow.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @Gardens @Anybody I missed

latest

Luka silently questioned if they would even survive the ordeal. The blonde looked towards the others in the group.

"I don't mind whichever we do, but if one of us has to go help this guy distract it then I guess I wouldn't mind volunteering." he replied, motioning to Caldwell as he spoke. He figured that if Caldwell got nabbed while trying to distract it someone would have to help the derpy looking one armed fellow.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Savannah Clause @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @Gardens @Anybody I missed

The young man smiled as he realized who all's company he was in, offering a wave(though not to his credit, it was a wave of his non-arm) and a friendly smile. After all, he could never be rude to friends on this ship he wasn't supposed to be on but had gotten dragged onto! "Well hey, how are you all doing?" he asked in a pleasant tone, genuinely curious. Though, he quickly found himself distracted by the sight of the sonic screwdrivers in the group's possession. "...Hm? What're those things?" Before he got a proper answer to his question, he found himself confronted with a question of someone else's, aimed at none other than him!

Awkwardly, his hand rose to rub his neck, and he offered Raven a sheepish expression. "Right, well, uhh... I, um.... I kinda got lost, and, well, I wound up here," he explained, as awkward as ever. "But don't worry so much, Raven! I'm sure that everything's just fine," he assured, giving the other a gentle pat on the shoulder before letting his hand drop back to his side.. Where he promptly heard out Oswin's explanation and response. For a long while after she finished, the male fell silent, staring off with a fairly derpy smile on his face.

610bD.jpg

"...Haha, what?" he asked, clearly totally lost. "You want me to... Distract... That big scary plant thing, that could probably eat me alive?" he asked for clarification, the expression fading away as he fleetingly grew silent and somewhat serious... Before breaking into a laugh. "Haha, sure, I'll do it!" And so, cheerfully, he moved to grab an axe from the pile with his good hand. One would likely doubt he'd be able to handle the thing well at all, what with his seeming lack of coordination. Not even taking his outright lack of one arm into account. But he seemed confident enough. "So just go in there and keep it busy for you nice folk, right?" he inquired, turning to once again face the others. "I can do... tha-..."

And then, his eyes landed on something he found himself trailing off in his words to behold. His eyes briefly widened behind his glasses- not that much difference could be seen as this occurred -as he marveled, taking in the absolute beauty that was none other than the plant monster :||| Luka Sinclair. It took a few moments for it to really occur to Caldwell that he was staring at the other male, at which point, he quickly averted his gaze and fought a blush. "--E-em, as I was saying," he scurried to catch himself, straightening his stance and trying to keep a firm hold on his axe. He needed to focus... And not on the handsome blonde. So he managed to muster that goofy smile of his again, giving what was supposed to be a salute with his stump of an arm, but didn't quite cut it. "I've got this, no problem!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Crow @Kaykay @penguin055 @Gardengroup​

Status
Not open for further replies.