Illusion Game IV: The Day of Sagittarius III [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jZsGZWV.png

Those who made their way to the Garden would not see the mysterious individual who had made the job request there to greet them, but instead they would see a young brunette dressed in a red. She shot them a stern look, as if unsure why they had come.

14ac901c29b35a98519284ef8b523436.png

"Oy, did the Captain send your lot? I don't remember inviting anyone to come here. It's a dangerous time to be in the garden," she stated. She frowned at Raven and Elias, shaking her head. "I don't know what you mean about a job or any Yuki N. person. You mean you're here to help out then?" The young woman paused, mentally deciding that it must have been the Captain who had sent extra help. Who else would have? There was no Yuki N. person aboard the ship as far as she knew.

"Never mind. I'll accept the help. I could use it. Name's Oswin. And what's so dangerous about this place, you ask? Well, come with me and I'll show you," she said, gesturing for them to follow. "But watch your step, and just as Melissa said, keep your eyes peeled. There's weeds all over the place. And as for the dangers, it's better I show them to you rather than explain. It'll be easier if you see the problem for yourselves..."

@Crow @Takumi @penguin055 @Kaykay @Garden
Raven Summersnow Slowmercury | 12 - Garden

"If that's the case, let's just say I am here to represent the Cafeteria. Can't have a hearty meal without good produce, is that correct, everyone?" Raven says with a light, gentlemanly laugh.

"Oswin? Quite the rare name you possess. A pleasure to meet you, Miss Oswin...

... let us waste no time. The sooner we get to work, the sooner we acquire a healthy garden!"

@Crow @Takumi @penguin055 @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

@Garden
"Understood, Oswin. Then, let's go."

With a nod, Melissa mirrored Raven's thoughts and moved to follow the red-clothed woman. Whatever was dangerous about the garden at the moment, she was capable of taking care of it. In her opinion, at least.

@Crow @Takumi @penguin055 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Garden

"Weeds, huh?" Elias said as he began to follow the others. He looked around at all the vegetation in the room, making sure not to step on anything, and wondered just what kind of strange plants they would encounter. How dangerous could a garden be? he thought to himself. I'm gonna be disappointed if there's not some sort of man-eating plant or something wherever we're heading. "By the way, where exactly are we going?" he asked, hoping that the answer would dispel his doubts about the supposed danger this job posed.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Takumi @Kaykay @Garden

Sterling was listening to the captain. Someone on the ship had brought a virus on board? That seemed to be very dangerous indeed. He rushed over to the Social Center and paused when he looked at his options. There hadn't exactly- wait, there was one person that he could think of. He looked for a little girl and picked the name. He voted for Uta Komiya. He looked over at the board and headed for storage to help with moving boxes.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Storage
In the Storage Area, like with before, the crew members Shiraishii and Matsumoto were in the process of moving boxes by themselves, though with some level of difficulty, given the large size of the boxes, despite there only being a few. No doubt there was quite a bit of stuff inside, and the taped label that read "Food Crate #1" and "#2" and so on gave a pretty good idea of what was supposed to be inside. Pretty simple way of organizing things if nothing else.

Taking note of Sterling appearing in the area, Matsumoto blinked, before giving a pleasant smile. "Oh, hey there. Lucky that you stopped by, assuming you're here to help," the worker spoke, attempting to balance two of the large food crates on top of each other, before looking at Sterling and gesturing towards the one remaining crate that was accounted for, "Could you just help pick up that one crate over there? We're supposed to unload all this over in the Restricted Area under orders by the Captain... though I couldn't tell ya why."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Storage

Last edited:
Alec's gaze lingered on Daren for a moment, before he turned around and reconnected the feed with the captain. He spoke with a bit of a smile. "Hey... captain, you there? I get a meeting to get to so I'd say my inquiries should be high priority."

He then turned, seeing that someone new had arrived. It was that girl, Mika, and she seemed to be in better spirits today. "Hey," he said to Daren, gesturing to the girl and Jo. "Maybe we should talk to her?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Social Center

Alec's gaze lingered on Daren for a moment, before he turned around and reconnected the feed with the captain. He spoke with a bit of a smile. "Hey... captain, you there? I get a meeting to get to so I'd say my inquiries should be high priority."

He then turned, seeing that someone new had arrived. It was that girl, Mika, and she seemed to be in better spirits today. "Hey," he said to Daren, gesturing to the girl and Jo. "Maybe we should talk to her?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Tactician @Social Center

"The girl?" Daren asked looking up to were Mika was. "Perhaps we should. Two friendly faces might be able to get something more out of her. Maybe you should go first. I don't want to come off as pushy after all."

Thump.

John had woken up that day to a massive headache, the sound of his own heartbeat assaulting his eardrums as though the very Captain were screaming in his ear. Of course, though he probably didn't even realize it, perhaps the headache was due in some part somehow to the Captain herself. While naturally, he was personally relieved that most of the crew didn't seem to be too shaken up or hurt by the asteroid incident yesterday (though they had certainly seen better days, and more worrying, he forgot to check in with his sister, so he didn't know how she was doing), John still felt somewhat uncomfortable about the events that had transpired between himself and Captain Suzumiya that time. Knowing her, she was probably holding a grudge against him at the moment, and generally, the best way to calm her down was to just let her simmer by herself. Alternatively, he could just suck up to her and apologize, but he'd rather not emasculate himself in front of Haruhi, Daisuke, or hell, even Lieutenant Cho. That said, he was probably going to avoid the Command Station for the day, or at least, for as long as possible. He'll even let Daisuke take over, just because he was that nice of a person.

Okay, no. He couldn't do any of that. If he did, the ship would probably instantaneously implode without his supervision. In a way, it almost felt like he was spending his time appeasing a needy goddess who could think the entire universe to death if she didn't have her way.

That said, just like every morning, he would report to the Command Station without a word, and just in time, as the Captain seemed to be getting ready to prepare some long speech for the rest of the crew. Though John, even after all the time he'd known Haruhi, still had trouble telling whenever Haruhi was being genuinely serious or just eccentric as always, he admittedly raised an eyebrow regardless upon listening to the Captain's words. Saviors? Voting out those who were believed to be... infected with something? What was this, American McCarthyism? No thanks.

Though it seemed like everyone else was doing as the Captain told, John remained skeptical, wondering if this was all just an elaborate prank in bad taste. Wouldn't be particularly surprising from her... Or was that just his grudge speaking? Ugh. Always so much tension between him and her... How did he put up with someone as insufferable as her for so long? When Daisuke approached John and spoke to him, the First Mate was unable to decipher whether he was going along with all this or if he was in the same boat as the rest of the crew, but... May as well play along.

"An infection on the ship? How could that happen? I know we have a problem with the occasional stowaway or two on this ship, like one supposedly hiding out in the Storage according to what Shiraishii and Matsumoto tell me, but we haven't had contact with a planet for a while, right? If you ask me, this'll all probably pass without too much incident," John spoke, crossing his arms with a soft breath, though his laid-back exterior would quickly melt when Daisuke would make mention of his sister.

"W-Wait, my sister spent the night in the Med Bay?" He inquired, his voice taking a more concerned tone, holding his face with his own hand for a small while, "Craaap... I knew I should have checked my e-mails before I crashed. Sounds like I'll need to go visit her then. Anything to get me out of here at any rate..." He mumbled, looking uneasily at Haruhi from a distance, before back at Daisuke, "Who sent me the e-mail though? Was it Miss Goto by any chance?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
When the diseaser sees no cure
Desperation grows, the loom of despair
Cosmic scream back onto unholy blasphemy
Per Aspera Ad Inferum

---

Another day

Drifting through the void, the sicken patient arose, less groggy than before, recalling the medications and advice given by Daren and Dr. Park. One of the lead programmers of Sagittarius III winced, wearing her same usual schoolgirl attire, going about her usual morning routine of hygiene. Nothing exciting happened, nothing thrilling, nothing unusual- the maddening cycle of passing days, days sacrificed for the faint hope of a better future.

Letting out a small cough, Mika glanced over at a mirror, satisfied to see some color in her skin, the girl already having an unusually fair complexion, the paleness from before making her appear sickly and ridden with pestilence. Styling her brunette hair, the pink-eyed gamer decided to take a walk towards the Social Center. A good ol' energy drink and a bag of chips could do her wonders, unaware of the quarantine and political happenings about the ship.

Noticing the Social Center abnormally crowded, even for what it is, the meek soul slowly tip-toed her way towards the vending machines. Raising the hood of her hoodie, the gamer looked down to her phone. Receiving a text from her hubris-filled pen pal, Mika suppressed a laugh, wondering how much Captain Grumpy Pants missed her.

I'm on the way, senpaai! I feel a lot better, a good day's sleep does well for the body! Grabbin' a quick snack at the Social Center. See you soon! :blush:

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @york @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Social Center
"Wow, so you really get around, huh?"

In hindsight, that had probably been pushing it. But hey, that just amused Alec more. He'd said it, before giving Daren a wink and going on his way. The Medical Bay had been a bit too hectic following the meteor aftermath and Alec just needed rest after feeling sick all day.

But good all that did. Alec woke up the next day feeling like crap, which as only compounded by the news that those on board were at risk at being infected. The idea alone did not alarm Alec, but the idea he could be thought of as infected for being sick was hard to ignore. It would have been just a waste of time, and adding more possible detriments to his career reputation was beyond unacceptable. He hadn't cut down on his drinking only for him to be reprimanded for a damn misunderstanding.

With an obvious goal in mind, Alec's first destination was the Social Center. Not to vote just yet, but to touch base the the captain of the ship. He hadn't heard from the others in Security yet, so needed some idea of what his status was.

Sitting at a video monitor, Alec called up Haruhi. "Captain? This is Alec Boulton speaking... I just have a few questions about the situation?" The man let out a sigh and scratched at his scalp. "This is all pretty sudden. Was Security made aware of this situation yesterday and I didn't catch the memo? Furthermore, I have some... big concerns. Namely, why in the world are voting privileges open to the whole ship? Shouldn't this be a Security matter only? This sounds like, well, terrorism of some kind."

It took Alec an effort not to openly swear.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Jeremi @Yatagarasu @The Tactician @Social Center
Tapping his chin for a moment, Daisuke nodded. It was difficult, however, to tell if he was actually agreeing with John or simply mulling over his own thoughts. Nevertheless, he replied after a moment. "Life certainly is a mystery, isn't it? This infection could pass and end up as a funny memory, or it could turn out to be a big problem. Anyhow, I suppose we'll just have to trust the judgement of our wise Captain, hm?"

Daisuke gave a slight nod when Mr. Smith replied in regards to his sister. "Oh, you're right. It was Miss Goto who e-mailed us this morning. She sounded really frantic and upset. So, between you and me, the Captain actually gave her a break from the Medical Bay today. Anyhow, she did say your sister was asking about you so maybe it would be good to go and pay her a visit."

Paying little mind to what Daisuke and John were talking about, the Captain sat at her computer to take a video call she received from one of the security guards. "You're right, it was sudden," she replied to Alec, crossing her arms. Her tone sounded slightly annoyed due to the fact she much rather would've been replying to Mika's email at the moment. She wasn't in the mood to answer questions, but as a captain this was still something she had to take care of.

"But don't worry, I emailed Security about it right before I made the announcement. Are you telling me you didn't get it?" Suzumiya paused to tap her chin, mulling over these thoughts before replying again. "If this is terrorism, we'll find out soon enough. What's the harm in letting the whole crew equally decide what we should do about this? It's not like I'm a dictator. Allowing everyone to vote makes things more fair."

When Alec cut his feed for a moment, Suzumiya took the time to message Mika back. "Jeez, what a pain," she mumbled to herself as she started to type.

Oh, what a relief! Guess what? When you get back, I have a surprise for youuuuu~ :slaphappy:

@Verite @Jeremi @Atomyk @Krieg

"If that's the case, let's just say I am here to represent the Cafeteria. Can't have a hearty meal without good produce, is that correct, everyone?" Raven says with a light, gentlemanly laugh.

"Oswin? Quite the rare name you possess. A pleasure to meet you, Miss Oswin...

... let us waste no time. The sooner we get to work, the sooner we acquire a healthy garden!"

@Crow @Takumi @penguin055 @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

@Garden
"Understood, Oswin. Then, let's go."

With a nod, Melissa mirrored Raven's thoughts and moved to follow the red-clothed woman. Whatever was dangerous about the garden at the moment, she was capable of taking care of it. In her opinion, at least.

@Crow @Takumi @penguin055 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Garden

"Weeds, huh?" Elias said as he began to follow the others. He looked around at all the vegetation in the room, making sure not to step on anything, and wondered just what kind of strange plants they would encounter. How dangerous could a garden be? he thought to himself. I'm gonna be disappointed if there's not some sort of man-eating plant or something wherever we're heading. "By the way, where exactly are we going?" he asked, hoping that the answer would dispel his doubts about the supposed danger this job posed.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crow @Takumi @Kaykay @Garden
182890_original.png

"Pleasure's all mine," Oswin replied to Raven, continuing to walk further into the garden. She lead the group along a mossy path, gesturing to a small, wooden shed at the end. She gestured to the shed when Elias asked where they were going. "I'm taking you to my tool shed. You can't very well fix this kind of problem with no tools or... method of defending yourselves," she told them, walking up to the door.

eb7e72b868979b1ef27dbdf7fb339c89.png

When they approached, the woman pulled a small object from her belt. It resembled a pen, but had a light on the end of it. She pressed a button on the object and pointed it at a lock on door. The object buzzed and glowed for only a second, before she pulled it away and opened the door. She then waved the object in front of the others. "Sonic screwdriver, a jack-of-all-trades tool. It'll be a vital part of helping me fix my little problem so I hope at least one of you knows how to use one. If not, well, you're about to learn."

The young woman walked over to a tool rack and took down a couple sonic screwdrivers, sighing before she looked at them. "So, you see, the problem is some kind of... monster, a plant monster. I probably sound mad, but I swear I'm telling the truth. Everything was fine, until one day when it just appeared out of nowhere. Seem's scientifically impossible to me. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it, but it's here. I've tried to cut it, but when I do it just grows back stronger. What's keeping it alive is... the irrigation system. So what we need to do is shut it off. There are three valves that turn off the system. Every time I try to turn off the valves the plant stops me. That's why I could use the help. If we don't stop it, the bloody thing will just keep growing until it... well, let's not try to picture the worst case scenario."

@penguin055 @Crow @Takumi @Kaykay @Garden.
"..."

Oh God. A child. If anything could ruin Daniel's good mood, it was that. Instead of 'sticking his hands up,' as this little gremlin wanted him to, he merely stared down at her disapprovingly before looking around for an actual adult. Pitiful, the way children were being raised these days. Absolutely pitiful.
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Store
3cad5a7fca255865c5fa754f454572ba.png

The girl frowned, her hold on the fake gun wavering for a moment when the man wouldn't react to her. "Oh, like, come on! Can't you at least pretend to play along, nyoro? You're no fun at all! I could totally have an important reason for doing this!" she said, letting out a huff of air.

@Yun Lee @Store

Derek turned when he noticed Craig asking him about Tenebris. He wasn't really sure how to respond at first... as it was sorta a question out of the blue. Still...the man had asked, and it wouldn't be right if he didn't answer.

"Yes...Tenebris has been with me as far as I can remember...I guess you could say he is...my friend...I'm sorry, i don't think we've met. I'm Derek... and of course this is Tenebris." Pointing to the crow perched on his shoulder...almost on cue Tenebris focused his gaze on Craig before letting out a loud, "Caw!"
Craig chuckled and extended his hand for a handshake. "I'm Craig. I own the store here." The man said before taking another bite of the food. "So what do you do here? I mean, we all have our roles to play, I suppose."

@Nater Taters

182890_original.png

"Pleasure's all mine," Oswin replied to Raven, continuing to walk further into the garden. She lead the group along a mossy path, gesturing to a small, wooden shed at the end. She gestured to the shed when Elias asked where they were going. "I'm taking you to my tool shed. You can't very well fix this kind of problem with no tools or... method of defending yourselves," she told them, walking up to the door.

When they approached, the woman pulled a small object from her belt. It resembled a pen, but had a light on the end of it. She pressed a button on the object and pointed it at a lock on door. The object buzzed and glowed for only a second, before she pulled it away and opened the door. She then waved the object in front of the others. "Sonic screwdriver, a jack-of-all-trades tool. It'll be a vital part of helping me fix my little problem so I hope at least one of you knows how to use one. If not, well, you're about to learn."

The young woman walked over to a tool rack and took down a couple sonic screwdrivers, sighing before she looked at them. "So, you see, the problem is some kind of... monster, a plant monster. I probably sound mad, but I swear I'm telling the truth. Everything was fine, until one day when it just appeared out of nowhere. Seem's scientifically impossible to me. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it, but it's here. I've tried to cut it, but when I do it just grows back stronger. What's keeping it alive is... the irrigation system. So what we need to do is shut it off. There are three valves that turn off the system. Every time I try to turn off the valves the plant stops me. That's why I could use the help. If we don't stop it, the bloody thing will just keep growing until it... well, let's not try to picture the worst case scenario."

"Irrigation system, you mean, the thing that keeps the garden alive?" Raven asks. "Well, what you describe sounds like a last resort... a long-term solution I suppose...

how many of these 'Sonic Screwdrivers' are there for us to use, and how different is it from semi-automated screwdrivers that I have used previously, or any screwdriver for that matter?"

@penguin055 @Crow @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Garden.

6auuh0g.png

"Uhum, okay...Apple Cider, nono, tastes like garbage. Grape Juice? Ehh, maybe Wednesday..."

The young Mika stood in front of the vending machine within the Social Center, having successful infiltrated the den of actual functioning human beings without much attention. Of course, being two or so inches shy from five feet and clad in a green hoodie. Holding her debit card with the imprint of a cutsy bunny etched on the pink card, the programmer shoved the card into machine. Unaware of six foot wall of flesh and testerone coming from behind, the teenager finally made her made, happily tapping away to get a small box of Apple Juice.

Kneeling down to get it, Mika swiftly turned around and bumped into said wall of flesh, sipping on the box of juice, tilting her head silently as the hood of her hoodie came off. Slightly startled, the brunette shockingly kept her cool, pink orbs looking up curiously at the man who approached the ill teenager. Silently waving her left hand, the girl continued to sip on her beverage.

Awkwaaaard.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @york @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Social Center yo
The security officer gave a brief sigh of relief, expecting the girl to suddenly run off or freak out from security suddenly showing up. Luckily, Mika seemed to be a relatively innocent person in this situation, but Jo still had his uncertainty. "Good morning, ma'am. My name is Officer Jo Tajiri, fellow officer of that guy over there," he said, turning around and pointing a finger at Alec-- who, if he was looking in the same direction, would notice Jo pointing a finger at him. "He look familiar? I hope so."

Turning back towards Mika, Jo continued, "I hope this doesn't sound too bizarre of a question, but...are you feeling alright, ma'am? I mean, do you feel healthy? From what I...gathered from my friend over there, you were feeling awfully ill yesterday."

Jo kept a generally calm stance as he spoke to Mika, crossing his arms and speaking in a quiet tone.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @york @Krieg @Social Center yo

Sterling was surprised that he hadn't come back to an empty storage room. It seemed that the two crates were trying to be carried out with some difficulty. He imagined that it would be easier if there was two of them. He looked over at the label and realized that was their food. Where exactly were they going to move their food? It seemed rather suspicious to the man, but he wasn't about to question why they were being moving if this was one of their only food sources here.

Sterling offered a smile back to the man. " Yeah, I am here to help. I imagine that despite going to the planet to discover new things, I should try to help out where I can," he said, looking over at the large box. He imagine that he could lift it. He wasn't exactly weak, but he wasn't going to be a super strong god either. He however had been working out to stay in shape. He walked over to the box and attempted to pick it up and put it on his shoulder. It was the easiest way that he knew of to carry a box without getting physically hurt too.

@Verite

"U-Uh... Erm... Hm."

Alec found he couldn't really argue with what the Captain was saying. It wasn't really his place to argue, regardless, and if she felt the whole crew should get a say, then Alec supposed that was what would happen. Didn't mean it he couldn't worry about it, however...

"I'll make my decision soon then," he said, before cutting the feed and turning his chair in Jo and Mika's direction. Alec's fellow Security member was already asking the question Alec wanted to toss out, good on him. Still, whatever the girl's response, Alec was tempted to just vote for her anyway. Wasn't like he had a better idea who to vote for, and it was beginning to be far too long since Alec had a moment to speak alone with Daren.

He looked to the computer screen and pressed a few of the necessary buttons to get him tot he voting page. His finger lingered over the buttons, waiting for Mika to respond just out of curiosity.

"U-Uh... Erm... Hm."

Alec found he couldn't really argue with what the Captain was saying. It wasn't really his place to argue, regardless, and if she felt the whole crew should get a say, then Alec supposed that was what would happen. Didn't mean it he couldn't worry about it, however...

"I'll make my decision soon then," he said, before cutting the feed and turning his chair in Jo and Mika's direction. Alec's fellow Security member was already asking the question Alec wanted to toss out, good on him. Still, whatever the girl's response, Alec was tempted to just vote for her anyway. Wasn't like he had a better idea who to vote for, and it was beginning to be far too long since Alec had a moment to speak alone with Daren.

He looked to the computer screen and pressed a few of the necessary buttons to get him tot he voting page. His finger lingered over the buttons, waiting for Mika to respond just out of curiosity.

Daren didn't waste any time however and put a vote on Mika. "Sorry child. I feel that this is for the best." He then turned and smiled at Alec. "It appears I have a slot open for you at this time, officer."

Last edited by a moderator:
182890_original.png

Melissa had never even heard of such a tool, but she wasn't going to admit it aloud. How difficult could using a sound-based screwdriver be anyway? She took one silently, dangling it between her fingers as though ti were some kind of strange creature. Maybe if she looked closely enough at it she'd get how to work it.

...Probably not, actually. She quickly gripped it normally, using Oswin as a reference.

"There isn't a way to shut down irrigation from the control room? What a ridiculous choice. But I understand now. Let's put this weed out of its misery."

@penguin055 @Crow @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Garden

With a small nod, Alec want ahead and followed Daren's lead and voted for Mika. It was for the best, as Daren said, and Alec didn't want to waste more time on this today. Standing up out of his seat, he turned to Daren, one eyebrow raised. "A slot open? Well, I do need to talk, counselor."

With a small nod, Alec want ahead and followed Daren's lead and voted for Mika. It was for the best, as Daren said, and Alec didn't want to waste more time on this today. Standing up out of his seat, he turned to Daren, one eyebrow raised. "A slot open? Well, I do need to talk, counselor."

"Then just follow me, officer." Daren responded motioning for Alec to follow him. Soon enough they'd find themselves at Daren's cabin that also substituted for his office. "Now what did you have in mind to speak about?" Daren asked as the door closed behind them. "It is after all strictly confidential."

@Atomyk

Once the door was closed behind him, Alec let out a breath he'd been holding in and pressed his back up against the door. He stared at Daren as he turned to speak to him, watching the man's lips as he asked what he had in mind to talk about. That smirk returned to Alec's face, for they didn't have much to talk about at all, did they? Not that Alec didn't mind listening to Daren speak. With a voice like his, it was easy to see why Daren was considered an accomplished counselor. Half of what he said may have been preachy, corny, or just plain boring, but it all sent something stark and electric coursing through Alec.

"Confidential, yeah..." Alec agreed, speaking softly, staring into Daren's eyes. This was all just a game for them. Well, one that carried higher personal stakes for the counselor, but a game nonetheless. It was about keeping up appearance, being respectful and professional. Alec had enough unfortunate career history following him that he couldn't just do as he pleased, and so, behind these closed doors, was the only time Alec felt he could enjoy himself.

Barely any time had passed before Alec was stepping forward, his hands rising to cup Daren's face as Alec pressed his lips against the counselor's. They'd done this before, often enough now that Alec sometimes wondered how each time sent a fresh rush of warmth coursing through him. Fuck his parents for ever thinking something like this was wrong for him. They didn't understand anything different from themselves, let alone something looked down upon by their precious religion. They didn't understand Alec at all, didn't even really try to, and all Alec ever encountered from friends and family was that same bullshit. If only they could see him now.

He didn't know if he considered Daren and himself serious, but it didn't really matter. The counselor was cute in a lot of ways, hot in a few others. As Alec's body reveled in the warmth of just one long kiss, he knew it was simply worth it.

He separated his lips from Daren's, deflating as he let out a long excess of breath. With his eyes still closed and his forehead pressed against the counselor's, Alec's hands lowered to Daren's shoulders where he proceeded to knead them softly. He tried to find the words for something smart or clever, but all he could do was grin widely, coming up with nothing more than a quiet, "You good?"

@Jeremi

Last edited:
Once the door was closed behind him, Alec let out a breath he'd been holding in and pressed his back up against the door. He stared at Daren as he turned to speak to him, watching the man's lips as he asked what he had in mind to talk about. That smirk returned to Alec's face, for they didn't have much to talk about at all, did they? Not that Alec didn't mind listening to Daren speak. With a voice like his, it was easy to see why Daren was considered an accomplished counselor. Half of what he said may have been preachy, corny, or just plain boring, but it all sent something stark and electric coursing through Alec.

"Confidential, yeah..." Alec agreed, speaking softly, staring into Daren's eyes. This was all just a game for them. Well, one that carried higher personal stakes for the counselor, but a game nonetheless. It was about keeping up appearance, being respectful and professional. Alec had enough unfortunate career history following him that he couldn't just do as he pleased, and so, behind these closed doors, was the only time Alec felt he could enjoy himself.

Barely any time had passed before Alec was stepping forward, his hands rising to cup Daren's face as Alec pressed his lips against the counselor's. They'd done this before, often enough now that Alec sometimes wondered how each time sent a fresh rush of warmth coursing through him. Fuck his parents for ever thinking something like this was wrong for him. They didn't understand anything different from themselves, let alone something looked down upon by their precious religion. They didn't understand Alec at all, didn't even really try to, and all Alec ever encountered from friends and family was that same bullshit. If only they could see him now.

He didn't know if he considered Daren and himself serious, but it didn't really matter. The counselor was cute in a lot of ways, hot in a few others. As Alec's body reveled in the warmth of just one long kiss, he knew it was simply worth it.

He separated his lips from Daren's, deflating as he let out a long excess of breath. With his eyes still closed and his forehead pressed against the counselor's, Alec's hands lowered to Daren's shoulders where he proceeded to knead them softly. He tried to find the words for something smart or clever, but all he could do was grin widely, coming up with nothing more than a quiet, "You good?"

@Jeremi

"Of course...with you here." Daren smiled. "It has been awhile since our last liaison hasn't it? Both of us have been so busy after all..." Daren had wanted nothing else but been able to showcase their affection in an open place. As it stood now however that might never come to pass. "But that doesn't matter, we're here now. Alone in my office." He moved over to a cabinet in the room and removed two glasses and a bottle of whiskey from a hidden compartment. "I'd imagine we could both use a little drink considering the circumstances."

@Atomyk

"Liaison? Gee..." Alec scoffed, letting his hands drop limply at his side while Daren moved out of his grasp and toward the cabinet. Daren tended to make Alec laugh, though it was more at what he said than any actual jokes he made. Some would likely find it crazy they were together, considering how different they were. Alec was all brash and emotion, while the counselor seemed to move at a bit of a slower pace.

Daren was cautionary, partly due to their need for secrecy, but partly as well for his own reasons, Alec imagined. He was a man of faith, after all, and to be with another man must have put him ill at ease, especially one who didn't much care for organized religion. It had never really been a problem, especially during their time alone, but sometimes Alec just got the sense something was up there.

"You know..." Alec said, raising a finger into the air, "... that I probably should not be drinking, but..." He couldn't help but look amused as he sauntered over to Daren, taking the one glass offered to him. He stared at Daren as the man poured, finding it pleasant just to gaze.

"So, you're right, we've been busy. The captain's been running Security around lately, and I guess for you... people must be pretty antsy after four months now. You still get people coming through here, right? Can imagine some of 'em getting scared off by now."

It was meant as a joke, Daren would know that, but Alec took a little sick pleasure in casually knocking Daren's methods. He knew it made him a bit of an asshole, but Daren had yet to call him out on it. Maybe Alec was just too good at what he provided the counselor.

@Jeremi

Last edited:
"My name is Mika, Mika...uhh, oh! Sick? Oh, yaaaa...."

Mika trailed off, tapping her chin briefly and standing on her tip-toes, pink eyes glancing over to the side as the programmer fidgeted about awkwardly. Completely unaware and oblivious to the whole stressful predicament, the gamer was completely content of disclosing the information. Information, that, frankly, did not speak well for the teenager's case. Looking over at Daren and Alex go off together for some reason, Mika was tempted to follow, if ya know, she didn't have super scary tall security guard in front of her.

"I had troubles sleepin' yesterday a-and I got a lot of shivers, but, I feel, uhum, a little better now!" the Chinese-Japanese schoolgirl remarked, abruptly concealing a sneeze with the sleeve of her hoodie. "A-Acho! Uhaaa~ I-I'm okay, h-honest, Captain Haruhi-san has a present for me, I s-should go see what it is!" Mika exclaimed excitedly, though disguised wanting to avoid this situation all together. Captain Haruhi knows a little sneeze or two shouldn't bother a busy programmer like herself from working, right?

Right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yatagarasu @Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Yatagarasu @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @york @Atomyk @Social Center yo

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Liaison? Gee..." Alec scoffed, letting his hands drop limply at his side while Daren moved out of his grasp and toward the cabinet. Daren tended to make Alec laugh, though it was more at what he said than any actual jokes he made. Some would likely find it crazy they were together, considering how different they were. Alec was all brash and emotion, while the counselor seemed to move at a bit of a slower pace.

Daren was cautionary, partly due to their need for secrecy, but partly as well for his own reasons, Alec imagined. He was a man of faith, after all, and to be with another man must have put him ill at ease, especially one who didn't much care for organized religion. It had never really been a problem, especially during their time alone, but sometimes Alec just got the sense something was up there.

"You know..." Alec said, raising a finger into the air, "... that I probably should not be drinking, but..." He couldn't help but look amused as he sauntered over to Daren, taking the one glass offered to him. He stared at Daren as the man poured, finding it pleasant just to gaze.

"So, you're right, we've been busy. The captain's been running Security around lately, and I guess for you... people must be pretty antsy after four months now. You still get people coming through here, right? Can imagine some of 'em getting scared off by now."

It was meant as a joke, Daren would know that, but Alec took a little sick pleasure in casually knocking Daren's methods. He knew it made him a bit of an asshole, but Daren had yet to call him out on it. Maybe Alec was just too good at what he provided the counselor.

@Jeremi

"For some reason they seem to come back for more." He responded stoned face to question not allowing Alec the satisfaction to know if he had taken the question seriously or not. "But that's no surprise. There's an awful lot of children here. And who if not children need guidance." He chuckled. "I mean they are young adults, but the point still stands. You too have more than enough work I imagine...from our rambunctious captain." He took a sip from his whiskey. "And now this virus talk, hopefully that will be contained soon enough."

@Atomyk

Alec leaned casually against Daren's desk, tapping his fingers lightly on the wood surface. It seemed hard to get Daren down sometimes, which Alec had to attribute to the man's song sense of faith. It had to be good for something. "I know I keep coming back for more, but I hope you're not using the same methods for the others..."

Just another joke, and not one Alec was worried carried any element of truth. Daren was not that kind of man. Besides, of the two of them, others would probably say Alec was the one who had a wandering eye. It wasn't like it was a preposterous assumption, but the fact of the matter was that Alec couldn't afford pulling that kind of bullshit. Wasn't like he really wanted to anyway, in this case.

Alec took a moment to sip on his drink, eyeing Daren. The mention of the virus made him grimace, and he momentarily grappled with the idea of even talking about it. "Right, uh, the virus..." Shaking his head, he had to laugh at himself. He hadn't planned to tell Daren anything about yesterday, but fuck, was Alec feeling guilty. It made him embarrassed and flushed for it to honestly occur to him that Daren deserved better than that. "I guess I should tell you I was feeling sick yesterday, that's why I was in Medical. You should be fine, I swear I feel fanfuckingtastic today. I wasn't trying to deflect with the programmer girl, I really did make the most informed decision there..."

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.