Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Takuro later awoke and regained consciousness, "Ow, what happened wait is this blood great well this isn't the first time I've been knocked out by a hard object. Oh well looks like I'm awake". Takuro got to his feet but trembled all over the place feeling quite dizzy. He fell into walls, sometimes fell to the floor but kept getting back up. "This sucks, my hair was perfect until THIS DAMN BLOOD CAME ALONG AND RUINED EVE- ow, my head, I must get somewhere." Takuro then fell to the floor and tried to get up. "Stupid cheap laptop!".

Takuro later awoke and regained consciousness, "Ow, what happened wait is this blood great well this isn't the first time I've been knocked out by a hard object. Oh well looks like I'm awake". Takuro got to his feet but trembled all over the place feeling quite dizzy. He fell into walls, sometimes fell to the floor but kept getting back up. "This sucks, my hair was perfect until THIS DAMN BLOOD CAME ALONG AND RUINED EVE- ow, my head, I must get somewhere." Takuro then fell to the floor and tried to get up. "Stupid cheap laptop!".
Horatio stood guard over you, gripping tightly on to his orange hall monitor sash. "You're wounded, soldier. I do not suggest moving from this spot."

@theryanjake11

This is such a weird game, Umeko thought. If everyone picked ally... then everyone would gain points... right?

"A-Aaron-kun... what should we do?" Umeko said without realizing that he is gone.

@The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin
"Aaron's not here." Logan looked down at the girl. "Yeah... that would be how it would work. And Kisho and Bryan wouldn't try to screw us over, right? I mean... they seem like good people."

@Mirage
@TheBombMan

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Prisoner's Dilemma"

As the thirty minutes were up, the televisions throughout the school turned on once again to display the dark silhouette. Players and non-players alike stopped what they were doing to listen to what the next phase of the game would entail. From the intercom emitted a brief static, before-- "It is time I explained the function of the number on your bracelets, players. These are your bracelet points, and having more BP than your fellow players is absolutely vital. In this game, if your BP ever reaches zero, you will die. Your bracelets will insert an anesthetic drug to put the wearer to sleep. Nine minutes later, a muscle relaxant will be inserted, which will stop the respiratory muscles of the wearer and kill them."

"... But, what about those of you who happen to gain lots of points? You see, the aim of the game is to have nine BP by the end of the game. If the game is completed, any players without the required number of BP will not survive. This is on top of the goal of catching my three agents. It is a dangerous game you play. As you can see, those who did not vote received a penalty to their BP."

"You might be wondering how you get points. The players will find out by heading to these rooms in the groupings I specify. If the players do not follow this direction, there will be no opportunity to proceed for the non-players and I will change everyone's BP to zero."

With that, the television screens displayed a graphic with text--

[154 - Biology] Kisho, Bryan, Logan, Umeko, Kumiko

[156 - Chemistry] Viviette, Avia, Minori, Jason, LuAnn

[157 - Physics] James, Annette, Simon, Kei, Thaneo

[158 - Math] Scott, Meira, Anouk, Anna, Adrian

[159 - Special Ed.] Tom, Ilse, Michelle, Jake, Aaron

With pressure from the non-player students, you would all eventually shuffle into the designated rooms to find each had been completely cleared of items. Each classroom was bare, but two large booths stood on either side of the room. Above each one would be your names, and these would be the booths you were expected to enter.

"Please, proceed inside and the next phase can begin."

Kisho|Bryan vs Logan|Umeko|Kumiko

@The Tactician @TheColourlessRainbow @BarrenThin @TheBombMan @Mirage

Viviette|Avia vs Minori|Jason|LuAnn

@Hospes @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Emperor of Gallifrey @Jeremi

James|Annette vs Simon|Kei|Thaneo

@Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Mighty Roman @DapperDogman @Dinoteen

Anna|Meira vs Anouk|Adrian|Scott

@Mari @Meira @Nassi @Xx420BLAZEITxX @FireDrake150

Tom|Ilse vs Michelle|Jake|Aaron

@Wedge Antilles @Proxymoron @Thuro Pendragon @The Silver Paladin

Once you were all situated, the intercom would explain the rules of the game. The gates of the booths close as the explanation begins.

"This is called the Ambidex Game, or the AB Game for short. In this game, you are presented with only two options: ALLY or BETRAY. These are your choices concerning the group that you are currently versus. If both parties choose ALLY, both parties receive 2 BP. If one party chooses to BETRAY and the other chooses ALLY, the party who picked BETRAY will receive 3 BP while the party who picked ALLY will lose 2 BP. If both parties choose to BETRAY, neither party will receive any points."

FZVaLGu.png

"Players will have 30 minutes to cast their vote. At least one representative of each group must vote. If both parties do not vote, both parties will die. Groups work together and will both receive or lose the same points from the results and groups only get one vote shared amongst all members. Please proceed to deliberate and make your choices."

Within the booth is a touch screen, displaying these choices.

Au2EPsY.jpg

OOC NOTE: The idea of the game is for you NOT to know what the other team will pick. While this works just fine IC, it's rather easy for one to see what the other team is choosing OOC and adjust your IC actions based on that. If you guys don't want to and can convince me you can play this entirely IC, I won't do this, but otherwise, I'm thinking that each group needs to PM me there choice after deliberating in the IC.

We'll see how well this goes.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] 3 BP
@TheColourlessRainbow as Bryan Stark [Student] 1 BP
@BarrenThin as Logan Wilson [Physical Education Teacher] 3 BP
@TheBombMan as Umeko Moe [Student] 3 BP
@Mirage as Kumiko Kurumi [Student] 1 BP
@Hospes as Viviette Anya Stark [Student] 3 BP
@york as Avia Taniyama [Physical Education Teacher] 1 BP
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Minori Chihara [Student] 3 BP
@Emperor of Gallifrey as Jason "Jay" Cortez Wilson [Student] 3 BP
@Gummi Bunnies as James Lancaster [Student] 3 BP
@Mighty Roman as Simon Black [Student] 3 BP
@DapperDogman as Kei Eba [Student] 3 BP
@Jeremi as LuAnn Lewis [Home Economics Teacher] 1 BP
@FireDrake150 as Scott Miller [Communications Technology Teacher] 3 BP
@Josh M as Annette De La Rose [Guidance Counselor] 1 BP
@Wedge Antilles as Tom Swanson [Student] 3 BP
@Mari as Anna Collins [Student] 3 BP
@Dinoteen as Thaneo Tesseract [Head Cafeteria Boss] 1 BP
@The Silver Paladin as Aaron White [Student] 3 BP
@Nassi as Anouk Cross [Student] 1 BP
@Meira as Meira Franz [Student] 3 BP
@theryanjake11 as Takuro Kennedy [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Adrian Jacobs [Student] 1 BP
@Proxymoron as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Student] 1 BP
@Thuro Pendragon as Michelle Kile [Student] 1 BP
@Brother Gabriel as Jacky Robertson [Student] NON-PLAYER
Avia Taniyama
@Hospes @The Tactician @Anyone else

Avia was about to speak, but, before she could, the tv in the room flickered io life, it seemed their 30 minutes of time to explore were up... She had hoped to have more time, and quickly waved her husband a quick goodbye before she was ushered into a room with a few others by some non-players, she listened carefully to what they were being told, then glanced at her watch, noticing that she had only 1 BP, and upon seeing this, she realized she'd have to be carefull from now on; she had forgotten to vote earlier on. Looking towards the other person on her team, Vivi, she thought for a moment, before speaking "If we vote 'ally', do you think the other team will do the same?" she asked, pondering this a little.​

"But... what about Kisho and Bryan? What would happen if... we chose betray...?" Umeko said, choosing to not realize the reality.

@BarrenThin @Mirage
"If they also chose betray? Nothing. We would neither get points, nor lose any. But... we need points. It really depends on how much we can trust them. I don't know if Bryan knows that I took Viviette in, and actually offered to take him in, too, so I don't know if he'd be willing to trust us. And Kisho... well, he's... Kisho, but I really can't guess if he'd betray us or not. Would he really potentially move us that much closer to death?"

@TheBombMan
@Mirage

Simon thought about his decision for a moment. He showeed his 'watch' to the others. "Well, I've got a 3, so I'm in pretty good standing. So let me get this straight, what we do affects everyone else? The people in the other rooms? I can take a hit-I've got a 3, some other people had 1s. What do you guys have?

@Josh M @Dinoteen @Gummi Bunnies @Dapper Dogman

Viviette just smiled faintly at Minori, though it was clearly sincere. It was funny, to her.. Seeing someone who clearly believed was just as worthless as she. It was odd, to Vivi.. Most people took all the compliments they could get, but Minori seemed.. different. She liked it, but also didn't; the girl shouldn't feel that way about herself.. Even though Vivi was a massive hypocrite for thinking that way, not paying an ounce of attention the the fact she was 100% certain that she, herself, was completely worthless.

"Hey.. I-it's s-still s-something," she replied, matter-of-factly. "A-and I'm s-sure y-you've accomplished m-more than th-that.." The second Minori mentioned she was only good for being afraid, Vivi's heart went out to the other girl. She was terrified of her, on some level.. Or maybe she was terrified of the fact that she was still carrying a conversation. It was stressful and scary to her... But at the same time, it somehow felt good to talk. "I-.. I can c-certainly r-relate.." she murmured, softly, trying to muster another smile. She knew that, personally, very few things comforted her when she was scared(which was all of the time)... But it seemed that, from what she'd seen of others, smiles and gentle reassurance could help non-omniphobes.

The ravenette did, however, blush slightly and grow flustered by Minori's next comment. "O-oh! Well, u-uhh.. I-I'm g-glad t-to be of s-service," she mused, expression sheepish and flustered. Maybe the fact that Minori was scared, too, helped Vivi a little as well.. Though she wasn't quite sure. It did certainly feel nice, not being the only scared one, for once..

When Minori asked Viviette what they should do, she bit her lip, looking down. "I-I, uh.." she trailed off, trying to take a deep breath to help with her attempt to calm down. "I-I don't k-know..." she admitted, sheepishly.
Minori went quiet, attempting to contemplate a few more things she could've accomplished. Well, she did accomplish continuing to go to school and being an orphan without anyone else noticing or attempting to put her in a foster home. That was something, but it was something she wasn't going to tell anyone about...

Before she had time to even try to think of anything else, she realized an injured young man was brought into the gym and Vivi seemed to be having another panic attack. Minori felt her own heart race and became rather uncomfortable quickly as if her own self were feeding off Viviette's anxiety. She simply walked over to the girl, picked up her hands, and put them over her eyes.

"P-Pretend they aren't there. Don't look. You're somewhere else. Not here. You're somewhere nice and relaxing where nobody can hurt you..."

Minori doubted what she would say could have any effect, and wasn't sure what to do for Vivi, but reached into her coat pocket, and took out a small item. She pushed Vivi's hands back down and handed it to her.

[spoili]
bunny100_b.jpg
[/spoili]

It was a small stress ball that looked like a bunny rabbit. It was squishy and easy to fit in the palm of her hand. It looked rather worn; Minori had used it a lot.

"Y-You can play with this, if you want to... sometimes it helps me feel better..."

Before she could even get another reply from Vivi, however, the group was suddenly ushered out of the room and to somewhere else. The stress of the situation and the little game they were all forced to play, caused Minori's anxiety to spike again. She withdrew into a shell, saying nothing to the people she was partnered with. She couldn't make a decision like this! What if something bad happened because of it?

Minori covered her face and walked over to the booth, knowing if nobody voted they would all die. She kept a hand over her face, hitting one of the two options on the touch screen at random...

Odd Number Dice Roll: A. Ally

Even Number Dice Roll: B. Betray​

Last edited by a moderator:
Horatio stood guard over you, gripping tightly on to his orange hall monitor sash. "You're wounded, soldier. I do not suggest moving from this spot."

@theryanjake11
"Wah, I need to lie down somewhere, I think I'm gonna hurl!" Takuro then turned to Horatio still dizzy and managed to speak but in a very weird manner. "Oh I get it, your laughing at me, no wait your not, what am I saying? I still feel the blood coming from by head."

Takuro then stumbled and collapsed again, this time face-planting the floor.

"It all depends. If we choose ally, its a 50/50 chance that the other will choose ally or betray. Like a game of Russian Roulette..." James clearly knew that this was going to be a tricky situation for all of them.

@Josh M

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Prisoner's Dilemma"

As the thirty minutes were up, the televisions throughout the school turned on once again to display the dark silhouette. Players and non-players alike stopped what they were doing to listen to what the next phase of the game would entail. From the intercom emitted a brief static, before-- "It is time I explained the function of the number on your bracelets, players. These are your bracelet points, and having more BP than your fellow players is absolutely vital. In this game, if your BP ever reaches zero, you will die. Your bracelets will insert an anesthetic drug to put the wearer to sleep. Nine minutes later, a muscle relaxant will be inserted, which will stop the respiratory muscles of the wearer and kill them."

"... But, what about those of you who happen to gain lots of points? You see, the aim of the game is to have nine BP by the end of the game. If the game is completed, any players without the required number of BP will not survive. This is on top of the goal of catching my three agents. It is a dangerous game you play. As you can see, those who did not vote received a penalty to their BP."

"You might be wondering how you get points. The players will find out by heading to these rooms in the groupings I specify. If the players do not follow this direction, there will be no opportunity to proceed for the non-players and I will change everyone's BP to zero."

With that, the television screens displayed a graphic with text--

[154 - Biology] Kisho, Bryan, Logan, Umeko, Kumiko

[156 - Chemistry] Viviette, Avia, Minori, Jason, LuAnn

[157 - Physics] James, Annette, Simon, Kei, Thaneo

[158 - Math] Scott, Meira, Anouk, Anna, Adrian

[159 - Special Ed.] Tom, Ilse, Michelle, Jake, Aaron

With pressure from the non-player students, you would all eventually shuffle into the designated rooms to find each had been completely cleared of items. Each classroom was bare, but two large booths stood on either side of the room. Above each one would be your names, and these would be the booths you were expected to enter.

"Please, proceed inside and the next phase can begin."

Kisho|Bryan vs Logan|Umeko|Kumiko

@The Tactician @TheColourlessRainbow @BarrenThin @TheBombMan @Mirage

Viviette|Avia vs Minori|Jason|LuAnn

James|Annette vs Simon|Kei|Thaneo

@Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Mighty Roman @DapperDogman @Dinoteen

Anna|Meira vs Anouk|Adrian|Scott

@Mari @Meira @Nassi @Xx420BLAZEITxX @FireDrake150

Tom|Ilse vs Michelle|Jake|Aaron

@Wedge Antilles @Proxymoron @Thuro Pendragon @The Silver Paladin

Once you were all situated, the intercom would explain the rules of the game. The gates of the booths close as the explanation begins.

"This is called the Ambidex Game, or the AB Game for short. In this game, you are presented with only two options: ALLY or BETRAY. These are your choices concerning the group that you are currently versus. If both parties choose ALLY, both parties receive 2 BP. If one party chooses to BETRAY and the other chooses ALLY, the party who picked BETRAY will receive 3 BP while the party who picked ALLY will lose 2 BP. If both parties choose to BETRAY, neither party will receive any points."

FZVaLGu.png

"Players will have 30 minutes to cast their vote. At least one representative of each group must vote. If both parties do not vote, both parties will die. Groups work together and will both receive or lose the same points from the results and groups only get one vote shared amongst all members. Please proceed to deliberate and make your choices."

Within the booth is a touch screen, displaying these choices.

Au2EPsY.jpg

OOC NOTE: The idea of the game is for you NOT to know what the other team will pick. While this works just fine IC, it's rather easy for one to see what the other team is choosing OOC and adjust your IC actions based on that. If you guys don't want to and can convince me you can play this entirely IC, I won't do this, but otherwise, I'm thinking that each group needs to PM me there choice after deliberating in the IC.

We'll see how well this goes.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] 3 BP
@TheColourlessRainbow as Bryan Stark [Student] 1 BP
@BarrenThin as Logan Wilson [Physical Education Teacher] 3 BP
@TheBombMan as Umeko Moe [Student] 3 BP
@Mirage as Kumiko Kurumi [Student] 1 BP
@Hospes as Viviette Anya Stark [Student] 3 BP
@york as Avia Taniyama [Physical Education Teacher] 1 BP
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Minori Chihara [Student] 3 BP
@Emperor of Gallifrey as Jason "Jay" Cortez Wilson [Student] 3 BP
@Gummi Bunnies as James Lancaster [Student] 3 BP
@Mighty Roman as Simon Black [Student] 3 BP
@DapperDogman as Kei Eba [Student] 3 BP
@Jeremi as LuAnn Lewis [Home Economics Teacher] 1 BP
@FireDrake150 as Scott Miller [Communications Technology Teacher] 3 BP
@Josh M as Annette De La Rose [Guidance Counselor] 1 BP
@Wedge Antilles as Tom Swanson [Student] 3 BP
@Mari as Anna Collins [Student] 3 BP
@Dinoteen as Thaneo Tesseract [Head Cafeteria Boss] 1 BP
@The Silver Paladin as Aaron White [Student] 3 BP
@Nassi as Anouk Cross [Student] 1 BP
@Meira as Meira Franz [Student] 3 BP
@theryanjake11 as Takuro Kennedy [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Adrian Jacobs [Student] 1 BP
@Proxymoron as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Student] 1 BP
@Thuro Pendragon as Michelle Kile [Student] 1 BP
@Brother Gabriel as Jacky Robertson [Student] NON-PLAYER
Adrian stood within what it seems to be a rather blank math room with two booths, There he stood with four other people he had never made contact with. Trying to overcome his stress, He spoke out. "Jeez... What do we do now?" Adrian asked cluelessly.

@Nassi
@Mari
@Meira
@FireDrake150

Kei smiles and nods "I also have three...and s much as I would love to set that guy back...we'd be affecting her as well" he sighs and taps his chin "I have no reason to think either of those people need to be set back...and if you get 3 BP each vote...why would we need to steal any from them now? We should all try to stay as high on P as we can get...just so everyone who's innocent can get out at the end...when we find those agents..."

He shrugs a little and mutters "But I'm just the voice of reason...not like I'm in charge of the group or anything, you've both got an opinion"

@Dinoteen
@Mighty Roman

After thinking on this for a moment, Jake came to a conclusion. "The safest option is betray," he said, turning to the others in the booth. "We can't know what they'll vote, so betray is the safest option."

@Thuro Pendragon @The Silver Paladin

'If what we choose affects another room, then I'm not going to set back the points knowing that I couold hurt Anna's chances of getting out of here. But here's the real question-why, when we entered the room why did it say Simon VS Anette?

@Josh @Dapper Dogman @Dinoteen @Gummi Bunnies

After thinking on this for a moment, Jake came to a conclusion. "The safest option is betray," he said, turning to the others in the booth. "We can't know what they'll vote, so betray is the safest option."

@Thuro Pendragon @The Silver Paladin
Aaron nodded. "Y-yes. I agree. If they also betray, no penalty, but if they ally, They'll get penalized, and if one of them dies, it will be on our hands. We should ask Michelle, though." Aaron began whistling a song. He reached for the picture again.

@Thuro Pendragon

While it was a tricky decision, he knew that the people here did not know of this person taking the shoes of James, this person named Will. He silently waited for any input from Annette, but had a feeling that she would be quite hard to work up considering what she knew about him, about James.

@Josh M

Status
Not open for further replies.