Illusion Game II: School Daze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forks, Washington, United States of America:

Alice suddenly found herself, in one of the times she enjoyed most. In an open field, thunderstorms rumbling in the air, and with her family, playing baseball. But, somehow, this was different.

img-thing

Usually, her focus would be on the game. Making the next pitch, swinging at the ball, fielding a ball hit her way, observing whoever was on her team batting. And occasionally, a wink, or a kiss blown, towards Jasper. Or receiving one of those thrown her way. But this time was different. Another high school life story played out in her mind. A memory of a prom night gone wrong. A memory of a prom night gone right.

And, a guy named Simon Black.

She called a halt to the game, as she held the ball in her glove at the pitcher's position.

alice-cullen-o.gif

Jasper ran over to her. Actually, the entire Cullen family ran over to her. "What's wrong Alice?", Edward asked. He looked at her. "You look like you've... how can I explain it... played out another story somehow, in your mind, recently. Are you all right?" Jasper looked surprised at Edward's assessment. "Really", he said. He kissed Alice on her cheek, and said, "if you're not up to it, you can decide to stay out of the game. No worries, maybe we should have you checked if somehow, something happened to you that you don't know about."

Alice thought it over. There was a boy who could not decide to stay out of the game, and in his honor, and the honor of all the other brave students at Midwich, she decided to play on. And she knew all about what happened to her despite Jasper's guess.

"Let's play ball", Alice said, as her thoughts went out to Simon Black, as the Cullens quickly went into position. She whispered to herself. "Wherever you are Simon, Anna still loves you. This first pitch is in honor of you. Fight on with honor, my brave prom date."

"Then lets go home and get to work living our lives," Kisho wasn't sure what he would do now as it seemed he wouldn't have a job after this. However, he didn't exactly care. He had Avia with him now, and he didn't need anything else in life. Heading towards the Diver and choosing the second option of leaving the Dark Place but remaining separate, Kisho gave his wife a warm smile "Come on, let's survive together, Avia."

Epilogue: Man's Song of Hope (Pt.1)

"Ow, dammit!" Kisho growled as the computer motherboard shocked him once again. For a moment, he thought of throwing the whole rig out the window, growing tired of working on the fickle device. It would be so easy, just to get rid of it and start all over again. His hands even reached to the sides of the device, ready to toss it, before an exasperated sigh escaped him. No, I don't have time for that. The client wants the computer finished by the weekend, and I would rather not deal with an irate customer. He leaned back in his chair, his eyes staring up at the white ceiling of his workshop, and thought back on the memory that had distracted him during his work.

Why was he still thinking about that time in the Dark Place? It had been months ago, long enough for most of the details to feel foggy in his mind. Yet even now, he had fleeting moments of clarity, moments where he believed he was still there. He wondered if Avia ever felt the same way, had the same feelings he did. Probably not, given her present condition... A knowing smile came to him as he thought about the fruit of his and Avia's. She had already begun to show after four months, and his favorite pastime had quickly become admiring her round stomach or as he called it now, her 'tummy'. Sometimes, it was horrifying how sweet he could sound compared to his old self as Naoya or even to when he wasn't near his wife.

I guess she really is the better half of our union. A small chuckle crossed his lips at the thought. He was lucky to have her. He was lucky they both had survived. He was luckier that she still loved him even after the things Naoya had said to her. I should thank her more often for caring... Sighing, he stood from his chair and made for the door that would lead back into the main portion of their home. He was on the prowl for his favorite person now, and nothing would stop him.
Avia Taniyama - Epilogue (Pt. 1); A Place Beyond The Dark...
@The Tactician

Alyx, or... Avia... As she was used to being called now was sitting at a window, flipping through a catalogue of computer parts, though, she occasionally glanced over at her "tummy", noticing how round it had become... It had been about 4 months since she had concieved their first child. Though it was quite... Cumbersome for her, keeping her from doing everything she had wanted to, she was quite content with the progress, even if her mood shifted at times, she managed to keep it together for the most part... Though she had recently been developing strange cravings for potatoes; perhaps it was just a side effect of bearing a child, a minor setback, but, nothing she couldn't handle these days, in fact... She preferred it this way.

With a small sigh, she placed the catalogue to her side and leaned back, closing her eyes for a moment... She'd have to think about building a brand new computer later on, after her child was born... The sounds of the street below starting to reach her ears as she started to relax, feeling her child move around in her a little bit, it brought a small smile to her face to realize how far she'd come. Gordon would be proud... If he had known of this strange path she had taken; though she knew perfectly well the real her was at his side still, fighting an seemingly endless battle against the Combine, and various other threats. She could still clearly recall her days in the Dark Place, and her life before this one, but, all they were now were a distant memory... Like a recurring dream, slowly slipping away from her.

Just then, the sound of footsteps made her open her eyes, she looked over in the direction they were coming from to see Kisho... A cheerfull look crossed her face as she rubbed her eyes a little "Looks like our Prince decided to stop by for a visit!" she said, giggling a little. Avia stretched a little, rubbing her belly lightly "So... What shall we name it?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as she looked towards Kisho, a curious expression on her face. It was clear that she was quite eager to know his answer to her question, as it would only be a few more months before she would give birth.

Last edited:
Aaron White/Arc. Bonus Prologue: Across the Universe

Unknown

Aaron sat at his desk once again, preparing another broadcast. His hands "To fight this Dark presence, one doesn't have to be a warrior, a Hero or a fighter. You just have to have hope. Hold out for peace. As my friends within the Dark presence fight it from within, we can try to help them. Dig into it! Help us Break down these barriers! Be a Warrior of Light! Defend your Universe from the Dark presence! Fight for yourself!" Aaron took a drink. "I lost so much that day. My Innocence, my Old life, everything! We can prevent that from happening to more people! I am still searching for Umeko, or Chase as her Proper name is. I still love you, if you can hear this."

Aaron turned off the recording device, and sent it out.

The Capital Wasteland

The Lone Wanderer checked his Pip-Boy. He tuned into Galaxy News Radio. That's when he saw a new Station. Simply titled "Unknown Source." He tuned in. It was a man ranting about "A dark presence" The Lone Wanderer continued Listening. He was very interested. This broadcast seemed to be coming from an Alternate Dimension. "come on, Dogmeat!" He said to the dog behind him. "We have to investigate this!"

Washington D.C. Modern Day

Agent Mulder sat with his feet on his desk. He was reading copies of reports with the TV on. All of a sudden, the image of a man appeared. He was discussing something called "The Dark Presence." Mulder put his feet down, and looked interested at the TV. After the man finished talking, Mulder straightened the papers, and picked up his phone. "scully? yeah. It's Mulder. I think we have another X-File."

Epilogue, by

Before they approached the Diver, Tom swiped the bracelet/watch that Ilse held. He really was okay with her disposing of the watch. He was honest in his words to her... at the time. On second thought, he cherished everything about her, even the parts she didn't want anything to do with, so, he couldn't let it go. He put the watch in another pocket, so that if she reached for his bubble gum in his pocket, she wouldn't notice something there.

e2f1ab38b9af8575e7b90b393082bad3.jpg

To the diver, Tom said, "We realize happiness isn't a guarantee or a birthright. We simply request the chance to make it possible. And together, no matter what situation we're in, we're going to be very, very happy. As long as we have each other."

He smiled at Ilse, looked at the beautiful face that he was so enamored with, admired the strength and love behind those eyes, and kissed those soft lips with his once more...

Three years later...

Living together for three years, Tom enjoyed a happy life with his love, Ilse. They ran a detective agency together, with him as the operational head and Ilse ran the financial and administrative functions of the office. The business was a successful one, enabling both to live a rewarding life both morally and financially. Even though they spent every work and non work day together, in peaceful and stressful situations, not a day went by without cherishing the love of his life.

A mysterious watch laid among his possessions at home. Neither of them had an idea as to what was so special about it, but Tom felt an attachment to it. Like he shouldn't ever let it go, much like he didn't ever want to let Ilse go.

On a trip to Tokyo, Japan, when he promised to "take her shopping", just as they reached the shopping district of Ginza... Tom took a knee and extended his hand, holding a ring. "So that, maybe, I can say you love shopping and I love taking you shopping and everywhere else, but you already found the right one."

@Proxymoron

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Epilogue, by

Before they approached the Diver, Tom swiped the bracelet/watch that Ilse held. He really was okay with her disposing of the watch. He was honest in his words to her... at the time. On second thought, he cherished everything about her, even the parts she didn't want anything to do with, so, he couldn't let it go. He put the watch in another pocket, so that if she reached for his bubble gum in his pocket, she wouldn't notice something there.

e2f1ab38b9af8575e7b90b393082bad3.jpg

To the diver, Tom said, "We realize happiness isn't a guarantee or a birthright. We simply request the chance to make it possible. And together, no matter what situation we're in, we're going to be very, very happy. As long as we have each other."

He smiled at Ilse, looked at the beautiful face that he was so enamored with, admired the strength and love behind those eyes, and kissed those soft lips with his once more...

Three years later...

Living together for three years, Tom enjoyed a happy life with his love, Ilse. They ran a detective agency together, with him as the operational head and Ilse ran the financial and administrative functions of the office. The business was a successful one, enabling both to live a rewarding life both morally and financially. Even though they spent every work and non work day together, in peaceful and stressful situations, not a day went by without cherishing the love of his life.

A mysterious watch laid among his possessions at home. Neither of them had an idea as to what was so special about it, but Tom felt an attachment to it. Like he shouldn't ever let it go, much like he didn't ever want to let Ilse go.

On a trip to Tokyo, Japan, when he promised to "take her shopping", just as they reached the shopping district of Ginza... Tom took a knee and extended his hand, holding a ring. "So that, maybe, I can say you love shopping and I love taking you shopping and everywhere else, but you already found the right one."

@Proxymoron

Epilogue: Requiem for a Dream

pmMUpq7.jpg

We lived in a lucid dream full of happiness, and for a long time, no one around us every really bothered...

Despite throwing it away into the abyss of our existence, Tom had retrieved the abandoned watch in which I never noticed. Maybe he continued to feel as if it was meant to be kept, or he didn't want the memory of how we met to be forgotten... No matter what his intentions were, it seemed as if our happy life could never end.

YjaF98l.png

"My Lord, it seems as if things are going well for the couple... Is it really true that they have become immortal without acknowledging it?" A pink haired female observed both Tom and Ilse as the two were resuming their daily, normal lives. Seeing their normal routine, she couldn't help but to make a slight expression of disgust, "I cannot understand how humans are able to live such lives without any excitement..." She said as their conversation was inaudible to both Ilse and Tom; it was also evident that neither of the two could see the strangers who watched over them.

"Quiet now, it will not be long for their purpose to initiate... You must learn so much from me." The taller male spoke towards her as he chuckled a bit,"Have you notified the others?" It seemed as if he continued to keep his future plans unknown to the audience reading. As he asked, the male noticed Tom kneeling in front of Ilse proposing to her. Ilse had screamed in joy, hugging him as he was on his knees.

"Not yet, My Lord, why do you ask?" Beginning to feel hesitant, the female would coil her arms around his left. "Do not tell me that you have developed feelings for that blonde... Nor the rude black haired one?" The male emitted another roar of laughter, "The one who dresses as a doll and the impertinent, loud mouth are who you accuse me of sharing feelings with? You must be quite the jealous girl..." The two of who they spoke of were not around them which made it much easier for the pink haired woman speak ill of them. "I hope you have something for them to do. They do not know what their actions could lead... May we please head back?"
LXG61D5.png

"We shall, but I am still very intrigued in this man and woman... It is the power of Id roaming in that watch that lead us to these two," his pale lips rose to a smirk. "Though, I do not fully understand how they were able to obtain it. Oh well... At least we will have our amusement." Both the tall male and the pink haired woman left the couple to their normal lives as the strangers entered into their own realm. Ilse and Tom had their wish granted; however, as the hand on the clock continued to move, neither of them betrayed the seasons.

To be continued.​

• Love
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Avia Taniyama - Epilogue; A Place Beyond The Dark...
@The Tactician

Alyx, or... Avia... As she was used to being called now was sitting at a window, flipping through a catalogue of computer parts, though, she occasionally glanced over at her "tummy", noticing how round it had become... It had been about 4 months since she had concieved their first child. Though it was quite... Cumbersome for her, keeping her from doing everything she had wanted to, she was quite content with the progress, even if her mood shifted at times, she managed to keep it together for the most part... Though she had recently been developing strange cravings for potatoes; perhaps it was just a side effect of bearing a child, a minor setback, but, nothing she couldn't handle these days, in fact... She preferred it this way.

With a small sigh, she placed the catalogue to her side and leaned back, closing her eyes for a moment... She'd have to think about building a brand new computer later on, after her child was born... The sounds of the street below starting to reach her ears as she started to relax, feeling her child move around in her a little bit, it brought a small smile to her face to realize how far she'd come. Gordon would be proud... If he had known of this strange path she had taken; though she knew perfectly well the real her was at his side still, fighting an seemingly endless battle against the Combine, and various other threats. She could still clearly recall her days in the Dark Place, and her life before this one, but, all they were now were a distant memory... Like a recurring dream, slowly slipping away from her.

Just then, the sound of footsteps made her open her eyes, she looked over in the direction they were coming from to see Kisho... A cheerfull look crossed her face as she rubbed her eyes a little "Looks like our Prince decided to stop by for a visit!" she said, giggling a little. Avia stretched a little, rubbing her belly lightly "So... What shall we name it?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as she looked towards Kisho, a curious expression on her face. It was clear that she was quite eager to know his answer to her question, as it would only be a few more months before she would give birth.

Epilogue: Man's Song of Hope (Pt.2)

Kisho couldn't help but smile as he found Avia at the window, looking much like an angel to him. Okay, maybe he was a little biased, but she really did look beautiful. Especially with wonderfully round tummy... "Prince? Compared to a Goddess like you, I'm not even able to be worthy of being a peasant, love," Teasing aside, he couldn't help but lower himself to his knees to be eye-level with her stomach, eyes glowing with warmth for the child growing inside her, "Besides, if anyone's a prince or princess, it's the little one we're going to raise..."

He couldn't deny that he was nervous in some ways. He had never been a people's person, and he had always been told that young children were social beings. However, some parts of Naoya's memories from past lives showed he had raised a family before and done well at it, so perhaps he could draw on those experiences. His hand gently rested on his stomach, as if he was trying to speak directly to their child. No matter what, I'll make sure you have a perfect childhood.

At her question, a curious look came to him. He hadn't really given much thought to it yet, too focused on making sure they made ends meet with the new business. Now though, he had a little time to spare, not wanting to go back to his current job. He remained silent for a few moments, trying to decide, before he nodded and met her eyes, "Miranda. We should name her Miranda."​

Epilogue Part Two: Angel In Disguise; Goodnight Kiss

BEC0A9F7F11163314146851319808_3c819234cc3.1.5.jpg

"So.. This is it. This is what saying goodbye is like, huh?" Teresa spoke softly to Malcolm and William, offering a faint smile despite still looking rather beat up and bashed.. Nose broken and turning a purple-red, with a bruise forming by her eye and a slash across her forehead. She was all too familiar with goodbyes, by now.. After all, they were what all of her 'friendships' always ended with.

She had to act like she didn't care, though, of course. As usual.

"Well, uhh.. It was nice knowin' ya, shanks.. I guess I'll try ta visit ya sometime, or somethin'.." she muttered, sheepishly.. Before caving into the desire to give the two remaining friends she had hugs. "I'll miss ya, shuck-faces.." It was a bare, hardly audible whisper.. But she'd said it. She cared. Whether she admitted it or not, she did.

Even though that annoyed the fuck out of her like nobody would believe.

Will's words to her just made her more sheepish, and she gave him a playful shove after finally breaking the hug she'd given him. "Damn right ya do, shank. An' don't forget it," she added with a faint grin.. But it was forced. She didn't want to leave.. To leave him. Leave Mal. But she knew she had to.. After all, she had a new goal to reach. A new promise to keep. A new fate to seek.

And one thing you may not know about Teresa Agnes..? She never broke her promises. Ever. Even if the promise required defying death itself; she'd make sure she stuck to her word. Not like she hadn't done it before, after all.

After helplessly watching the boys leave, Teresa sighed softly, turning her gaze back to the girl on the ground behind her. The sight was more than painful, and she tentatively knelt by the android, hands ghosting over her once more. She wished she could hug her one last time.. Assure her it'd be okay. That she'd save her. But she couldn't.. So now, all she could do was fix the arrangement of white wildflowers she'd gently placed in Yuki's hands..

But, then, she felt she needed to do more.

Tears silently streaming down her flushed face, Teresa bent down slightly, placing a soft kiss on Yuki's forehead. It was almost a sisterly gesture... The goodnight kiss Teresa's family had never had the chance to give her before dying to the Flare. Not something showing a goodbye.. Just a soothing gesture meant to show that the girl would see another day. "It'll be okay, Yuki.. I'll get you back. I promise..."

After this, Teresa found she'd lightly taken Yuki's hand without realizing it.. And had started humming a soft and gentle melody. It wasn't one she recalled listening to.. But it felt beautiful and fitting to the situation all the same. Maybe it was from a movie she'd watched when a toddler..? She really had no idea. But soon enough, she found herself singing softly.. And the words just felt.. Right.

Yuki would wake up again, and everything would be okay.. Teresa had only sung her to sleep. She would wake up.. No matter what it cost the Reaper. As if to remind herself of this, Teresa glanced at the little bunny stress ball in her hand that Yuki had told Mal to give her when she'd died, giving it a light squeeze before stuffing it in her pocket.. More gently than the verb expressed.

With this, Teresa slowly stood, closing her eyes and tilting her head down, tar-black hair dancing elegantly in the wind. For a good few minutes, she stayed just like this(maybe in a silent prayer), cool wind rushing soothingly against her skin that was white as pearls while she simply stared at the ground.. Before she finally tilted her head back up. A new energy entered her; her chin was up, head held high, back straight as she stood tall.. This was Teresa Agnes. The girl who's spirit would never, ever be broken. The girl who'd never be tamed. The girl who died, but lived on three times as strong thereafter.

She wasn't going down so easy.

Features steely, the girl started towards the cabin so she could be merged, head held high with strides that held purpose. Teresa hadn't been broken.. Only made stronger. She would make it through this just fine. She always did. Now, she just had more things to push by on thoughts of.. William, Little Guy, Mal, Yuki... They were cheering her on from the sidelines without even realizing it.

And from that day on, they always would.

--------

It didn't take long at all for Teresa to remember the events of Illusion. They were a little blurred and confusing, but they leveled out and fell into place soon enough.. Even if some pieces were still missing, she remembered the important bits. Mal. Yuki. Will... And the kiss they shared that even the thought of made Teresa feel tingly. And the real Teresa felt fitter and more determined than ever; like she always did when there was a promise she needed to keep. Because no matter which Teresa she was; she never broke a promise.

Which was why she was now calmly making her way to Joshua, Little Guy romping along by her feet cheerfully.. Making the young woman smile. And then, she found the words dancing softly off her lips again.

"Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart, used to know, once upon a December
~~
Someone holds me safe and warm, horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully, across, my memory~
Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart, used to know, things it yearns to remember
Soon you'll be.. Home with me...
Once upon a December.."

tumblr_mnjd3rXdJm1s4wzp6o1_250.gif

The sweet song and small smile faded in an instant as she approached her boss; Joshua. An Angel.. Just like Will.. "Heya, Kid Icarus... I got a favor ta ask of ya.."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @BarrenThin (look at da goodbyes<3)

~The End... OR IS IT!?!?!?~
http://subject1a-the-betrayer.tumblr.com/post/104439421139/teresa-agnes-deserved-much-more

Epilogue: Man's Song of Hope (Pt.2)

Kisho couldn't help but smile as he found Avia at the window, looking much like an angel to him. Okay, maybe he was a little biased, but she really did look beautiful. Especially with wonderfully round tummy... "Prince? Compared to a Goddess like you, I'm not even able to be worthy of being a peasant, love," Teasing aside, he couldn't help but lower himself to his knees to be eye-level with her stomach, eyes glowing with warmth for the child growing inside her, "Besides, if anyone's a prince or princess, it's the little one we're going to raise..."

He couldn't deny that he was nervous in some ways. He had never been a people's person, and he had always been told that young children were social beings. However, some parts of Naoya's memories from past lives showed he had raised a family before and done well at it, so perhaps he could draw on those experiences. His hand gently rested on his stomach, as if he was trying to speak directly to their child. No matter what, I'll make sure you have a perfect childhood.

At her question, a curious look came to him. He hadn't really given much thought to it yet, too focused on making sure they made ends meet with the new business. Now though, he had a little time to spare, not wanting to go back to his current job. He remained silent for a few moments, trying to decide, before he nodded and met her eyes, "Miranda. We should name her Miranda."​
Avia Taniyama - Epilogue (Pt. 2)
@The Tactician

Avia laughed a little at his comment, she blushes a little though at his comment about their child "Well... I guess you're right... I guess that makes us a King and a Queen." she said, teasing a little... She ruffled Kisho's hair lightly as she linked back in her chair a little, the smile lingering on her face as it usually did. It seemed that right now, she was in some sort of bliss, feeling his hands on her belly, a warm sort of feeling arose inside of her; love, in it's finest stages... She could recognize such an emotion now, just like she had when she had first confessed to him, even if it was while they were still in the dark place.

Hearing his suggestion in response to her question about what they should name their child, Avia nodded, her smile widening "Hey! I like that name! I really do hope we get a girl..." she said, a nervous look crossing her face for a moment at that thought. However, that look soon faded, replaced by a more content, pleased sort of look "Even if it isn't... Whoever we get... Will be the start of our new family." she said giggling a little as she stood up, hugging him lightly... Normally, it would have been a more strong embrace, but, she bore a child now...

The smile remained on her face as her thoughts drifted a little, from their future, to what had happened leading up to this point... While she regretted not being able to stay behind to fight the darkness, she figured the others would do fine without her help; she herself had a family to tend to right now, and a husband to make happy...

Last edited:
Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician

Avia laughed a little at his comment, she blushes a little though at his comment about their child "Well... I guess you're right... I guess that makes us a King and a Queen." she said, teasing a little... She ruffled Kisho's hair lightly as she linked back in her chair a little, the smile lingering on her face as it usually did. It seemed that right now, she was in some sort of bliss, feeling his hands on her belly, a warm sort of feeling arose inside of her; love, in it's finest stages... She could recognize such an emotion now, just like she had when she had first confessed to him, even if it was while they were still in the dark place.

Hearing his suggestion in response to her question about what they should name their child, Avia nodded, her smile widening "Hey! I like that name! I really do hope we get a girl..." she said, a nervous look crossing her face for a moment at that thought. However, that look soon faded, replaced by a more content, pleased sort of look "Even if it isn't... Whoever we get... Will be the start of our new family." she said giggling a little as she stood up, hugging him lightly... Normally, it would have been a more strong embrace, but, she bore a child now...

The smile remained on her face as her thoughts drifted a little, from their future, to what had happened leading up to this point... While she regretted not being able to stay behind to fight the darkness, she figured the others would do fine without her help; she herself had a family to tend to right now, and a husband to make happy...
Epilogue: Man's Song of Hope (Pt.3)

Kisho gently sighed as his wife ruffled his hair. She was still a tease as always, a fact he hoped never changed as long as they lived. She was too wonderful the way she was right, a most absolutely amazing woman in the world. Maybe not everything had gone right in his life as either Naoya or Kisho, but he was certain everything with her was perfect.

As she wrapped her arms around him, he basked in her warmth, taking a moment to enjoy himself before speaking again, "Girl or boy, Avia, we'll cherish them. Family is of course the greatest thing we can have, right?" For a moment, he wondered how Abel was doing. He still had the original Naoya with him, but Kisho couldn't help worry about him sometimes. Though I have my own duties to Avia now. She and our family are the most important thing now... This was what he had wanted for so long, peaceful days that built a peaceful life.​

Epilogue: Man's Song of Hope (Pt.3)

Kisho gently sighed as his wife ruffled his hair. She was still a tease as always, a fact he hoped never changed as long as they lived. She was too wonderful the way she was right, a most absolutely amazing woman in the world. Maybe not everything had gone right in his life as either Naoya or Kisho, but he was certain everything with her was perfect.

As she wrapped her arms around him, he basked in her warmth, taking a moment to enjoy himself before speaking again, "Girl or boy, Avia, we'll cherish them. Family is of course the greatest thing we can have, right?" For a moment, he wondered how Abel was doing. He still had the original Naoya with him, but Kisho couldn't help worry about him sometimes. Though I have my own duties to Avia now. She and our family are the most important thing now... This was what he had wanted for so long, peaceful days that built a peaceful life.​
Avia Taniyama - Epilogue (Final); A Life Anew
@The Tactician

From that moment on, it seemed that things were beginning to look up for the two... Days passed by, blissfull, peacefull days, leading up to the birth of their daughter, Miranda, and two other children following suit not too long after. It seemed that both Avia and Kisho had their hands full, but, in the end, they had a flourishing family around them, and with Avia back in the business of assembling computers, having a part-time job as an Gym instructor, they had the funds to move into a bigger house. Not just for their sake, but, for their children, so they could have as much room to grow and develop, as they should have... Free from the influence of the dark, in a reality far far away from it's reach, for the time being anyways, worries about it's existence were practically gone by now, at least for Avia...

Somewhere... World Torn By War...
6weERvd.jpg

"Gordon, look out!" Alyx shouted as a 3 legged mechanical creature of some sort aimed towards the familiar, silent fighter... A distinct, electronic sort of humming sound was heard, dropping in pitch as the creature was charging up some sort of weapon mounted on what looked like it's "head". Various other humans, rebels by the looks of it were locked into combat with numerious other creatures, though they seemed to be having a bit of difficulty holding their ground as multiple detonations caused by the 3 legged creatures, it was clear they were armed iwth heavy artilry. Gordon fired a tocket towards the the creature, rolling out of the way just as it fired off it's own shot, barely escaping the resulting explosion. Alyx in the meantime was preparing cover fire, armed with her automatic pistol, a rocket launcher of her own attatched to her back "That was a close one... We'd better keep moving! They're holding the Borealis further ahead!" she shouted, holstering her pistol for a moment to pull out her own rocket launcher, firing off one last rocket, finishing the towering, beast... The shot hit the creature square in the head, finishing it off as it let out a loud, distorted, whirring noise before dropping to the ground. She fired a volley with the remainder of her shots towards the other creature that was closer to her, one of the various oens asaulting the Rebel forces. "Strider down!" She yelled, staying a while to make sure that Strider wouldn't get up. Then, she continued on, heading towards a large, walled off building, their destination, with Gordon in the lead, though, Alyx stopped for a moment, blinking a little; for a moment there, she could almost swear she had heard a few children laughing... Faintly... Perhaps she was losing it... Shaking her head a little, she continued onwards, catching up to Gordon in no-time as they made their way towards that walled off building, just another day in her life, ever since the events in City 17...

End: A Distant Dream...

Roll Credits

Takuro was stricken with the truth that he was dead but uttered these words to himself, "What ever comes our way, whatever raging battle we have inside us we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right."

Status
Not open for further replies.