Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kisho turned a bored eye towards the woman, "You're the type of person who normally has her head in the clouds, aren't you? Most people wouldn't just cry over food..."

"Ah'm not like most people. You die if you don't eat food, cause you need the nourishment. It ain't like though there is so much that goes into food and when you feed stuff like that to our students it's just a disgrace. It's why Ah started this whole teacher thing. To show kids that food is important." She chuckled. "Sorry Ah'm ramblin', foods just such a special part of my life, ya know?"

@The Tactician

Reactions: Chris Lang
Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician @Anyone

"I suppose it's more understandable... But... At least wait until we install a rubber case on that thing next time, ok?" Avia asked, in a slightly joking manner... But it seemed she was trying to prevent something like this was happening in the future, even if she did understand why her husband would to such a thing in the state he was in. She figured it would be for the best to at least make an effort instead of directly telling him off or something; it sure wouldn't help his already bad mood.​
"Yes, dear, I'll save it for when we actually need to do it," Kisho sighed, understanding where she was coming from. He would need to make up for causing her trouble later. Maybe flowers or chocolates? Then again, didn't she say something about going on a weekend trip? Maybe I should look into that when we get out of here... "So, where should we look next, Avia?"

Anna looked at Simon. "As it seems we don't have any other choices right now, shall we go to the cafeteria then?", she asked. "I could use a drink of any kind," she added, "after all that excitement. How about it?"

@Mighty Roman

"Ah'm not like most people. You die if you don't eat food, cause you need the nourishment. It ain't like though there is so much that goes into food and when you feed stuff like that to our students it's just a disgrace. It's why Ah started this whole teacher thing. To show kids that food is important." She chuckled. "Sorry Ah'm ramblin', foods just such a special part of my life, ya know?"

@The Tactician
"It's fine, I can understand why you took on your job and care for it so well in that case," Kisho nodded, "So then, what do you think of this situation we're in? Any reason you can think of that we were forced into this situation?"

He gave Kisho a long, angry look before facing Viviette again. "Viviette... What he did was wrong. But it wasn't... malicious. Besides, he'll be fine, with someone as competent as Jake working on him. Okay? Nothing to worry about." Logan smiled.

The teacher looked at Viviette quietly for a second before nodding and stepping away from her. "What's up?"

@Emperor of Gallifrey
@Hospes

This didn't stop Viviette from starting to cry, or help with the trembling or oncoming panic attack. It didn't seem preventable at all, actually...; in Vivi's mind, after the torment she'd been through(things so bad that she wished her head would've just been bashed in by a laptop instead), it didn't matter if it was maliciously intended or not. Violence wasn't okay to her in any scenario... And no matter the kind, it always sent her spiraling down into a sea of horrific memories.

She didn't do anything when Jason and Logan went off to talk.. instead, she just stayed sat there, shaking violently and crying, trying hard to keep breathing.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Emperor of Gallifrey

This didn't stop Viviette from starting to cry, or help with the trembling or oncoming panic attack. It didn't seem preventable at all, actually...; in Vivi's mind, after the torment she'd been through(things so bad that she wished her head would've just been bashed in by a laptop instead), it didn't matter if it was maliciously intended or not. Violence wasn't okay to her in any scenario... And no matter the kind, it always sent her spiraling down into a sea of horrific memories.

She didn't do anything when Jason and Logan went off to talk.. instead, she just stayed sat there, shaking violently and crying, trying hard to keep breathing.

Logan looked at Viviette worriedly, but wasn't sure what to do, at this point. He could try hugging her, but... that might just make it worse.

@Hospes

"It's fine, I can understand why you took on your job and care for it so well in that case," Kisho nodded, "So then, what do you think of this situation we're in? Any reason you can think of that we were forced into this situation?"

"Cause someone has a very sick hobby." LuAnn replied with some annoyance in her voice. "Ah mean really who does somethin' like this?"

@The Tactician

Logan looked at Viviette worriedly, but wasn't sure what to do, at this point. He could try hugging her, but... that might just make it worse.

@Hospes
Viviette was oblivious to Logan's concern, remaining in the same position as before.​

Viviette was oblivious to Logan's concern, remaining in the same position as before.​
Logan glanced at Jason. His son clearly had something on his mind. But Viviette needed him, or, at least, someone, too. For now, he came back to Viviette. What Jason had to say could wait, hopefully. The teacher couldn't ignore Vivi's distress. He got closer to her. "Viviette...?" His tone was almost inquisitive, as though seeking for a sign that she even wanted his help.

@Hospes
@Emperor of Gallifrey

"Yes, dear, I'll save it for when we actually need to do it," Kisho sighed, understanding where she was coming from. He would need to make up for causing her trouble later. Maybe flowers or chocolates? Then again, didn't she say something about going on a weekend trip? Maybe I should look into that when we get out of here... "So, where should we look next, Avia?"

Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician @Anyone else

Avia looked towards the food services room, directly linked to the cafeteria, about to suggest heading there before she noticed Vivi, clearly disturbed by the situation... However, seeing that it might make her uncomfortable to approach her, she sighed, deciding to stay where she was for the time being, despite it taking quite the effort. Then, she turned to her husband again "We could try checking out the food services room..." she murmured, sounding like she was lost in thought a bit.​

Aaron left Horatio, and began looking for Logan. He wanted to find him so he could tell him an edit of the vent plan. "Logan? Where are you?" Aaron asked.

@BarrenThin

Logan glanced at Jason. His son clearly had something on his mind. But Viviette needed him, or, at least, someone, too. For now, he came back to Viviette. What Jason had to say could wait, hopefully. The teacher couldn't ignore Vivi's distress. He got closer to her. "Viviette...?" His tone was almost inquisitive, as though seeking for a sign that she even wanted his help.

@Hospes
@Emperor of Gallifrey
The fact she was being addressed caused Vivi to at least acknowledge Logan, and she looked up at him again, still in tears and clearly shaken up.

No, literally... She was still shaking like crazy.

She tried to reply, but seemed unable, choking up instead.

@BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Emperor of Gallifrey

Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician @Anyone else

Avia looked towards the food services room, directly linked to the cafeteria, about to suggest heading there before she noticed Vivi, clearly disturbed by the situation... However, seeing that it might make her uncomfortable to approach her, she sighed, deciding to stay where she was for the time being, despite it taking quite the effort. Then, she turned to her husband again "We could try checking out the food services room..." she murmured, sounding like she was lost in thought a bit.​
Standing from where he was seated, Kisho scratched the back of his head as he noticed Vivi as well. Hopefully it wasn't my throw that caused her troubles... I actually feel sorry for her... Shaking his head, he headed for the food area with Avia, "Sure, dear, maybe some food will tide me over... Though it seems you're thinking rather deeply..." A hand gently slipped into hers and gave her a reassuring squeeze, "You want to talk?"

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Prisoner's Dilemma"

As the thirty minutes were up, the televisions throughout the school turned on once again to display the dark silhouette. Players and non-players alike stopped what they were doing to listen to what the next phase of the game would entail. From the intercom emitted a brief static, before-- "It is time I explained the function of the number on your bracelets, players. These are your bracelet points, and having more BP than your fellow players is absolutely vital. In this game, if your BP ever reaches zero, you will die. Your bracelets will insert an anesthetic drug to put the wearer to sleep. Nine minutes later, a muscle relaxant will be inserted, which will stop the respiratory muscles of the wearer and kill them."

"... But, what about those of you who happen to gain lots of points? You see, the aim of the game is to have nine BP by the end of the game. If the game is completed, any players without the required number of BP will not survive. This is on top of the goal of catching my three agents. It is a dangerous game you play. As you can see, those who did not vote received a penalty to their BP."

"You might be wondering how you get points. The players will find out by heading to these rooms in the groupings I specify. If the players do not follow this direction, there will be no opportunity to proceed for the non-players and I will change everyone's BP to zero."

With that, the television screens displayed a graphic with text--

[154 - Biology] Kisho, Bryan, Logan, Umeko, Kumiko

[156 - Chemistry] Viviette, Avia, Minori, Jason, LuAnn

[157 - Physics] James, Annette, Simon, Kei, Thaneo

[158 - Math] Scott, Meira, Anouk, Anna, Adrian

[159 - Special Ed.] Tom, Ilse, Michelle, Jake, Aaron

With pressure from the non-player students, you would all eventually shuffle into the designated rooms to find each had been completely cleared of items. Each classroom was bare, but two large booths stood on either side of the room. Above each one would be your names, and these would be the booths you were expected to enter.

"Please, proceed inside and the next phase can begin."

Kisho|Bryan vs Logan|Umeko|Kumiko

@The Tactician @TheColourlessRainbow @BarrenThin @TheBombMan @Mirage

Viviette|Avia vs Minori|Jason|LuAnn

@Hospes @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Emperor of Gallifrey @Jeremi

James|Annette vs Simon|Kei|Thaneo

@Gummi Bunnies @Josh M @Mighty Roman @DapperDogman @Dinoteen

Anna|Meira vs Anouk|Adrian|Scott

@Mari @Meira @Nassi @Xx420BLAZEITxX @FireDrake150

Tom|Ilse vs Michelle|Jake|Aaron

@Wedge Antilles @Proxymoron @Thuro Pendragon @The Silver Paladin

Once you were all situated, the intercom would explain the rules of the game. The gates of the booths close as the explanation begins.

"This is called the Ambidex Game, or the AB Game for short. In this game, you are presented with only two options: ALLY or BETRAY. These are your choices concerning the group that you are currently versus. If both parties choose ALLY, both parties receive 2 BP. If one party chooses to BETRAY and the other chooses ALLY, the party who picked BETRAY will receive 3 BP while the party who picked ALLY will lose 2 BP. If both parties choose to BETRAY, neither party will receive any points."

FZVaLGu.png

"Players will have 30 minutes to cast their vote. At least one representative of each group must vote. If both parties do not vote, both parties will die. Groups work together and will both receive or lose the same points from the results and groups only get one vote shared amongst all members. Please proceed to deliberate and make your choices."

Within the booth is a touch screen, displaying these choices.

Au2EPsY.jpg

OOC NOTE: The idea of the game is for you NOT to know what the other team will pick. While this works just fine IC, it's rather easy for one to see what the other team is choosing OOC and adjust your IC actions based on that. If you guys don't want to and can convince me you can play this entirely IC, I won't do this, but otherwise, I'm thinking that each group needs to PM me there choice after deliberating in the IC.

We'll see how well this goes.

Continued here.

~CAST LIST~

@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] 3 BP
@TheColourlessRainbow as Bryan Stark [Student] 1 BP
@BarrenThin as Logan Wilson [Physical Education Teacher] 3 BP
@TheBombMan as Umeko Moe [Student] 3 BP
@Mirage as Kumiko Kurumi [Student] 1 BP
@Hospes as Viviette Anya Stark [Student] 3 BP
@york as Avia Taniyama [Physical Education Teacher] 1 BP
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Minori Chihara [Student] 3 BP
@Emperor of Gallifrey as Jason "Jay" Cortez Wilson [Student] 3 BP
@Gummi Bunnies as James Lancaster [Student] 3 BP
@Mighty Roman as Simon Black [Student] 3 BP
@DapperDogman as Kei Eba [Student] 3 BP
@Jeremi as LuAnn Lewis [Home Economics Teacher] 1 BP
@FireDrake150 as Scott Miller [Communications Technology Teacher] 3 BP
@Josh M as Annette De La Rose [Guidance Counselor] 1 BP
@Wedge Antilles as Tom Swanson [Student] 3 BP
@Mari as Anna Collins [Student] 3 BP
@Dinoteen as Thaneo Tesseract [Head Cafeteria Boss] 1 BP
@The Silver Paladin as Aaron White [Student] 3 BP
@Nassi as Anouk Cross [Student] 1 BP
@Meira as Meira Franz [Student] 3 BP
@theryanjake11 as Takuro Kennedy [Student] MARKED FOR DEATH
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Adrian Jacobs [Student] 1 BP
@Proxymoron as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Student] 1 BP
@Thuro Pendragon as Michelle Kile [Student] 1 BP
@Brother Gabriel as Jacky Robertson [Student] NON-PLAYER

Last edited:
Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Prisoner's Dilemma"

As the thirty minutes were up, the televisions throughout the school turned on once again to display the dark silhouette. Players and non-players alike stopped what they were doing to listen to what the next phase of the game would entail. From the intercom emitted a brief static, before-- "It is time I explained the function of the number on your bracelets, players. These are your bracelet points, and having more BP than your fellow players is absolutely vital. In this game, if your BP ever reaches zero, you will die. Your bracelets will insert an anesthetic drug to put the wearer to sleep. Nine minutes later, a muscle relaxant will be inserted, which will stop the respiratory muscles of the wearer and kill them."

"... But, what about those of you who happen to gain lots of points? You see, the aim of the game is to have nine BP by the end of the game. If the game is completed, any players without the required number of BP will not survive. This is on top of the goal of catching my three agents. It is a dangerous game you play. As you can see, those who did not vote received a penalty to their BP."

"You might be wondering how you get points. The players will find out by heading to these rooms in the groupings I specify. If the players do not follow this direction, there will be no opportunity to proceed for the non-players and I will change everyone's BP to zero."

With pressure from the non-player students, you would all eventually shuffle into the designated rooms to find each had been completely cleared of items. Each classroom was bare, but two large booths stood on either side of the room. Above each one would be your names, and these would be the booths you were expected to enter.

Once you were all situated, the intercom would explain the rules of the game. The gates of the booths close as the explanation begins.

"This is called the Ambidex Game, or the AB Game for short. In this game, you are presented with only two options: ALLY or BETRAY. These are your choices concerning the group that you are currently versus. If both parties choose ALLY, both parties receive 2 BP. If one party chooses to BETRAY and the other chooses ALLY, the party who picked BETRAY will receive 3 BP while the party who picked ALLY will lose 2 BP. If both parties choose to BETRAY, neither party will receive any points."

FZVaLGu.png

"Players will have 30 minutes to cast their vote. At least one representative of each group must vote. If both parties do not vote, both parties will die. Groups work together and will both receive or lose the same points from the results and groups only get one vote shared amongst all members. Please proceed to deliberate and make your choices."

Au2EPsY.jpg

OOC NOTE: The idea of the game is for you NOT to know what the other team will pick. While this works just fine IC, it's rather easy for one to see what the other team is choosing OOC and adjust your IC actions based on that. If you guys don't want to and can convince me you can play this entirely IC, I won't do this, but otherwise, I'm thinking that each group needs to PM me there choice after deliberating in the IC.

~CAST LIST~
@The Tactician as Kisho Taniyama [Computer Applications and Programming Teacher] 3 BP
Logan shifted his weight at this. He looked across the room at Kisho and Brian, then at the rest of his group. "I mean... do we want to betray them? I don't know if they'll feel the same way, but if we both vote on 'Ally', won't that mean we all get two points?" He was pretty naive, at times.

@TheBombMan
@Mirage

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Prisoner's Dilemma"

FZVaLGu.png

Au2EPsY.jpg

~CAST LIST~
This is such a weird game, Umeko thought. If everyone picked ally... then everyone would gain points... right?

"A-Aaron-kun... what should we do?" Umeko said without realizing that he is gone.

@The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin

Last edited by a moderator:
As they were all brought into this game, Anna looked at her partner for the time being, Meira. She looked at the rules and listened to the explanation as well, and noted that both she and Meira had 3 on their bracelets. "We seem to be in a good standing, so, I recommend we choose 'betray', are you okay with that?", she asked Meira. "We may want to protect the numbers we have right now, we don't need to play desperately."

@Meira

Continued from here.

MID-CHAPTER UPDATE
"Prisoner's Dilemma"

FZVaLGu.png

Au2EPsY.jpg

~CAST LIST~
"Well then, someone is probably going to lose no matter how we look at it," Kisho commented as the explanation of the rules were given, "There's a high probability on the other team will choose to betray to gain more points... However, Logan is generally a trustworthy person and wishes to save as many people as possible. He's typically a dependable voice of reason as well... Bryan, correct? I think we should trust Logan to Ally and convince the others to do so as well."

@TheColourlessRainbow

@Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk

Great, Annette was stuck with James. Annette had to stay tactful. The issue she had with him, and the issue her beloved had with James, weren't important right now.

"What do you think? I always allyinkg is best, still. What do you think?"

Status
Not open for further replies.