Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Angel, hmm? I'm guessing you and I..." He shook his head, "That's not important right now. Let's simply deal with this being."
The man only roared as his legs were attacked with the torch and knife. His legs caught on fire, which was a bit of a problem as he began to stomp around the group. The knife James threw was planted firmly in the man's chest.

@Gummi Bunnies @BarrenThin @The Tactician @Proxymoron @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Don't tell me that that only agitated him..." Will sweat-dropped as he backed off, taking out another knife. He probably had two more knives left over.

"Going to try something new, make sure he doesn't get near me," the ravenette says as he bits the tip of his thumb, carefully drawing a rune on the base of the knife's blade with his own blood.

@The Tactician @BarrenThin @Proxymoron @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk

The principal crossed his arms. "Is that directed at me? My role has been the same every single cycle, and that is meet you all here. None of you should be able to remember the past cycles."

"But then why have past cycles been appearing to us?" Brennan asked.

"Every cycle exists within the same space, yet... not. They are all jammed in together, packed on top of each other. As the cycles increase, the more they bleed into each other."

@Wedge Antilles @york @The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman

Tom reacted as if he were being directly spoken to. "Oh, don't mind me sir, I'm just waiting for your agent there to speak up. Just minding my own business." He was looking at Simon.

@york @Mighty Roman @The Silver Paladin

Mal decided to shake things up. He lunged in and leapt onto his back again, now reaching around and raking the knife across his neck.

@Atomyk

After defending Teresa, Yuki lowered her arm, not looking back at the girl she had protected right away. She ignored Teresa's cries of worry, remaining quiet as she mentally calculated the damage done on her body, miraculously without even looking at her. She then finally turned to look at her.

"You've been damaged. I've failed to provide complete protection."

She paused, glancing to Teresa's wound.

"I would not die again. I am physically incapable of dying from flames. My organic body is protected with an incombustible barrier the human eye cannot see," Yuki flatly explained. But, after thinking about it, the wound did hurt a bit. The little android just so happened to be a master at concealing any little hint of emotion on her face.

"Your wound, however, must be worried for. You must seek immediately medical attention."

Yuki could almost have seemed to be all business with her emotionless tone, but to those that knew her, they would know that Yuki hardly said a word to most people. The fact that she had assisted Teresa and concerned over her wounds was fairly big.

@Atomyk @BarrenThin @Mari @Thuro Pendragon @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes

Teresa blinked, appalled by the new speech pattern Minori had taken on. But, it didn't stop the frown of annoyance.. Brought about by a combination of the fact she'd been ignored and also the fact Minori was saying she had failed to protect her. She glanced at her own wound, features as blank as possible.. Minori wasn't the only one good with hiding emotion. "I'm fine. An' I don't need protecting, okay? From you or anyone else," Teresa insisted, stubbornly. "If anythin', I'm the one who should be protecting you."

The glader raised a brow at the response finally garnished, but it didn't make her any less worried. "Then how do you explain this?" she sassed, pointing to the burns on Minori's arm.

When Minori insisted on Teresa getting medical help, the ravenette just shook her head. "I've survived worse," she dismissed nonchalantly, shifting slightly. "I'll be fine." As if to try to prove this, Teresa attempted to climb to her feet.. And had to press her tongue to the roof of her mouth to keep from yelping. God, that hurt.. Her features went steely, though; she wouldn't let the pain show. "See?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone in the group fighting shadows​

The principal crossed his arms. "Is that directed at me? My role has been the same every single cycle, and that is meet you all here. None of you should be able to remember the past cycles."

"But then why have past cycles been appearing to us?" Brennan asked.

"Every cycle exists within the same space, yet... not. They are all jammed in together, packed on top of each other. As the cycles increase, the more they bleed into each other."

@Wedge Antilles @york @The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman
Aaron turned his attention from Brennan to the Principal. "So, we've been in other cycles? All that footage of us killing and being killed is us in another cycle? When a cycle ends, Life just resets?" Aaron shrugged. "Quantum suicide."

A blinding light envelops the hallway, bathing you all in its glow. The figure shakes and roars, before letting out a loud pop and exploding into a dark mist. The light continues to grow until you can't see anything at all.

And then--

CGqrgPV.jpg

You all stand on an invisible platform, a torrent of water surrounding you. Umeko and Takuro have been transported to the group. Despite the watery surroundings, you don't feel as if you're underwater at all.

"Hello," says the diver above you. "I have managed to protect you all from the Dark Presence's influence. Some of you were not so lucky. It's not very happy with this, and is attempting to end the repeating cycle early."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician

Aaron turned his attention from Brennan to the Principal. "So, we've been in other cycles? All that footage of us killing and being killed is us in another cycle? When a cycle ends, Life just resets?" Aaron shrugged. "Quantum suicide."

"It is likely that you could potentially witness future cycles, whether or not they occurred. Every single possibility is open if it were to repeat infinitely."

@The Silver Paladin

A blinding light envelops the hallway, bathing you all in its glow. The figure shakes and roars, before letting out a loud pop and exploding into a dark mist. The light continues to grow until you can't see anything at all.

And then--

CGqrgPV.jpg

You all stand on an invisible platform, a torrent of water surrounding you. Umeko and Takuro have been transported to the group. Despite the watery surroundings, you don't feel as if you're underwater at all.

"Hello," says the diver above you. "I have managed to protect you all from the Dark Presence's influence. Some of you were not so lucky. It's not very happy with this, and is attempting to end the repeating cycle early."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician

Mal sat down, his expression set into a cringe at this point. "It? What the rutt are you talking about?"

@Atomyk

"Yes, please do humor us with what 'it' could be. I rather not stick around to play the pronoun game," Will sighed as the scenery changed, wiping off the blood time on his knife while putting it away.

@Atomyk

"Yes, please do humor us with what 'it' could be. I rather not stick around to play the pronoun game," Will sighed as the scenery changed, wiping off the blood time on his knife while putting it away.

@Atomyk

"The Dark Presence," the diver repeated.

"It is an alien sentience that can not be accurately described. For me, for you, for all sentient life, it is basically darkness taken form."

"It is likely that you could potentially witness future cycles, whether or not they occurred. Every single possibility is open if it were to repeat infinitely."

@The Silver Paladin
"Right. Back when I was fully Aaron, and not Arc, I wanted to be a Quantum Physicist. The Alternate Universe Theory boils down to EVERY SINGLE DECISION. Including the cellular level." Aaron shrugged again. "But does the world reset if we finish this?"

"Right. Back when I was fully Aaron, and not Arc, I wanted to be a Quantum Physicist. The Alternate Universe Theory boils down to EVERY SINGLE DECISION. Including the cellular level." Aaron shrugged again. "But does the world reset if we finish this?"

"Normally, it would. But as I said, this shall be the final cycle, at least for all of us. An intruder has broken the system, resulting in failure for those that hoped to use it."

@The Silver Paladin

"The Dark Presence," the diver repeated.

"It is an alien sentience that can not be accurately described. For me, for you, for all sentient life, it is basically darkness taken form."

"Normally, it would. But as I said, this shall be the final cycle, at least for all of us. An intruder has broken the system, resulting in failure for those that hoped to use it."

@The Silver Paladin

This sounded insane.

tumblr_msva09Jyp71qcvteuo7_250.gif

@Atomyk
@Others​

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Teresa would've questioned the sudden change.. But nothing surprised her, at this point. If anything, she gave the diver a brief, questioning glance.. But didn't voice her concerns or questions. Just listened quietly.

@Aghhh we know which group I'm with so​

@The Silver Paladin
"Wow..." Aaron said. "So, your job is just to sit here and wait for everyone? That seems boring. You don't know anything that happens? Or do you know everything that ahppens?"

"It's probably just some sort of demon."

"I am not sure it could be described so simply, but what it is doesn't matter so much as what it wants to do. The Dark Place, where we are,is a dimension unlike any other. It touches other dimensions in various places, but it sits as a massive, almost infinite, place. The Dark Presence that resides here can not simply leave, and it seeks to do so. As the Dark Place is a land of... creation, of imagination, of art, it gathers thoughts and ideas of the many, many people of the universes surrounding it. The Dark Presence attempts to use these powerful creations and take on forms that would allow them to escape. I've seen it many times over, and all of you are just one of many of these attempts."

A pause. "... You have all been living in the Dark Place, forced into a repeating cycle. The cycle would divide you and break you down, allowing the Dark Presence to easily take you over and leave this closed off dimension."

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Wow..." Aaron said. "So, your job is just to sit here and wait for everyone? That seems boring. You don't know anything that happens? Or do you know everything that ahppens?"

"Everything," said the principal. "But I've never had a hand in any of the proceedings. I am not the Overseer, before you wonder. That is a role made for one of you, not myself."

@The Silver Paladin

"I am not sure it could be described so simply, but what it is doesn't matter so much as what it wants to do. The Dark Place, where we are,is a dimension unlike any other. It touches other dimensions in various places, but it sits as a massive, almost infinite, place. The Dark Presence that resides here can not simply leave, and it seeks to do so. As the Dark Place is a land of... creation, of imagination, of art, it gathers thoughts and ideas of the many, many people of the universes surrounding it. The Dark Presence attempts to use these powerful creations and take on forms that would allow them to escape. I've seen it many times over, and all of you are just one of many of these attempts."

A pause. "... You have all been living in the Dark Place, forced into a repeating cycle. The cycle would divide you and break you down, allowing the Dark Presence to easily take you over and leave this closed off dimension."

"Well then, tell us how to stop it. Even if it means we die with it, at least it'll be trapped."

Status
Not open for further replies.