Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"As if I deal with the darkness enough..." Will nonchalantly gave his comment upon hearing a bit more of the Dark Presence.

@too many to tag on mobile

"Well then, tell us how to stop it. Even if it means we die with it, at least it'll be trapped."

"Stopping the Dark Presence is not possible. Not for you. Now is not the day. You're under my protection for now, but your fate resides with those still within the cycle."

Below you, the water below changes to the stone room where Avia, Simon, Tom, Aaron, and the others reside.

"The principal has offered them the final challenge-- to determine who is this round's Overseer and agent."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician @TheBombMan @theryanjake11

Kei opens his locker and glances instead, taking his bat if it was still in there, and looking for any sign of Kumi there might be around
Surely...if all the other dead people were here...she would be too?

He certainly hoped so

@Atomyk

Teresa blinked, appalled by the new speech pattern Minori had taken on. But, it didn't stop the frown of annoyance.. Brought about by a combination of the fact she'd been ignored and also the fact Minori was saying she had failed to protect her. She glanced at her own wound, features as blank as possible.. Minori wasn't the only one good with hiding emotion. "I'm fine. An' I don't need protecting, okay? From you or anyone else," Teresa insisted, stubbornly. "If anythin', I'm the one who should be protecting you."

The glader raised a brow at the response finally garnished, but it didn't make her any less worried. "Then how do you explain this?" she sassed, pointing to the burns on Minori's arm.

When Minori insisted on Teresa getting medical help, the ravenette just shook her head. "I've survived worse," she dismissed nonchalantly, shifting slightly. "I'll be fine." As if to try to prove this, Teresa attempted to climb to her feet.. And had to press her tongue to the roof of her mouth to keep from yelping. God, that hurt.. Her features went steely, though; she wouldn't let the pain show. "See?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Anyone in the group fighting shadows​
A blinding light envelops the hallway, bathing you all in its glow. The figure shakes and roars, before letting out a loud pop and exploding into a dark mist. The light continues to grow until you can't see anything at all.

And then--

CGqrgPV.jpg

You all stand on an invisible platform, a torrent of water surrounding you. Umeko and Takuro have been transported to the group. Despite the watery surroundings, you don't feel as if you're underwater at all.

"Hello," says the diver above you. "I have managed to protect you all from the Dark Presence's influence. Some of you were not so lucky. It's not very happy with this, and is attempting to end the repeating cycle early."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician

"Negative, I have capabilities that allow me to excel in superhuman feats meant for situations of high danger levels," Yuki began to say, eyes scanning over Teresa's own blank face. "Protecting you should be more than possible for me. The failure to do so was a mistake on my part."

When Teresa pointed out the wounds on Yuki's arm, the girl glanced down at them. "My body is built to take extensive amounts of damage. When convenient, I will start a repair program that will heal my wounds."

Ignoring Teresa's attempts to hid her pain afterwards, Yuki knelt down on one knee to look at it. "I can restore your injury. Please allow me to do so." She looked up into Teresa's eyes, the same empty expression on her face, but hidden deep within her golden brown eyes was a desire to help the other girl out.

Although a dark figure appeared, Yuki paid no mind to the events around her just yet. She waited for Teresa's reply first.

@Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician @Atomyk @Idk who else is with us anymore. XD​

"Stopping the Dark Presence is not possible. Not for you. Now is not the day. You're under my protection for now, but your fate resides with those still within the cycle."

Below you, the water below changes to the stone room where Avia, Simon, Tom, Aaron, and the others reside.

"The principal has offered them the final challenge-- to determine who is this round's Overseer and agent."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician

Avia. For a moment, Kisho resurfaced in his mind, calling out for his wife. Naoya simply scowled and released that personality for now before continuing to speak, "Do you know who the agent and Overseer are?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Proxymoron @DapperDogman @Thuro Pendragon @Mari @Josh M @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Hospes @BarrenThin @The Tactician @TheBombMan @theryanjake11
"I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that bad things are going to happen if they get the guess wrong," Will says as he assesses the fact that the remaining players were currently in a final challenge.

@Atomyk @The Tactician @others​

Kei opens his locker and glances instead, taking his bat if it was still in there, and looking for any sign of Kumi there might be around
Surely...if all the other dead people were here...she would be too?

He certainly hoped so

@Atomyk

There's no sign of Kumiko amongst the group talking to the diver. It is likely she is one of the few to be taken by the Dark Presence.

@DapperDogman

Avia. For a moment, Kisho resurfaced in his mind, calling out for his wife. Naoya simply scowled and released that personality for now before continuing to speak, "Do you know who the agent and Overseer are?"
"I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that bad things are going to happen if they get the guess wrong," Will says as he assesses the fact that the remaining players were currently in a final challenge.

@Atomyk @The Tactician @others​

"Unfortunately, yes. If they guess wrong, they will have control that I have worked to obtain. I do not know who this cycle's agent and Overseer are, though I do know that two of my own are down there. My first act of protection was to give three of you your original's memories. They had the power to do this as well, and it is good that at least two of them survived."

"... I will allow you to speak with them, but only them."

A flash of light appears, and there is what appears to be a floating light switch. "Take it in hand and press down on the button. Whatever you speak will be passed on to my saviors below."

Kei gulps lightly as he steps up to the group and coughs, looking among them and asking in a trembling voice "H-Have any of you s-seen...K-Kumi?"

He already knew the answer was coming, but he didn't want to believe it, he didn't want to believe that he'd failed to protect her on two separate occasions
He'd failed her twice...and he didn't want to let himself accept that fact

@Atomyk
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Proxymoron
@Thuro Pendragon
@Mari
@Josh M
@Jeremi
@Gummi Bunnies
@Hospes
@BarrenThin
@The Tactician
@TheBombMan
@theryanjake11

Ilse saw Tom in the water as she wanted to call out for him, but she knew it was impossible for him to hear her. "So.. What you're saying is that if they can get through this challenge, then the cycle can stop? What would happen to us, though.."

@Atomyk

"Unfortunately, yes. If they guess wrong, they will have control that I have worked to obtain. I do not know who this cycle's agent and Overseer are, though I do know that two of my own are down there. My first act of protection was to give three of you your original's memories. They had the power to do this as well, and it is good that at least two of them survived."

A flash of light appears, and there is what appears to be a floating light switch. "Take it in hand and press down on the button. Whatever you speak will be passed on to my saviors below."

"Which two are your agents then? I would like to think carefully on what to say..."

Ilse saw Tom in the water as she wanted to call out for him, but she knew it was impossible for him to hear her. "So.. What you're saying is that if they can get through this challenge, then the cycle can stop? What would happen to us, though.."

@Atomyk

"I would rather not get your hopes up. Just know it is preferable if they succeed."

@Proxymoron

Mal stepped forward and pressed the button. "Hope you guys are alright down there. I'm... not entirely sure what's happening. Hurts to breathe and I doubt I'll be laying on my back any time soon. But you've done the impossible now... whoever you agents of freaky diver guy are... and that makes you mighty.

@Atomyk
@Agents​

Reactions: CCC Kouhai

Naoya was shocked at his words. Avia... Was an agent...? So... She did betray me... But she also did it to protect me... He shook his head and walked to the switch, pressing on the button. For a moment, he remained silent, unsure of what to say. Then, he sighed and let whatever he could think of come out, "Avia... Or whatever your real name is. This is Kisho, well, who Kisho used to be. I may not be him any longer, but... I can still hear him inside me, wanting me to say something to you. He wants to say that... You're the most wonderful woman that he ever had the chance to meet and that he will always love you. From both him and I, Naoya, I just want to say good luck."

@york @Wedge Antilles

The principal crossed his arms. "Is that directed at me? My role has been the same every single cycle, and that is meet you all here. None of you should be able to remember the past cycles."

"But then why have past cycles been appearing to us?" Brennan asked.

"Every cycle exists within the same space, yet... not. They are all jammed in together, packed on top of each other. As the cycles increase, the more they bleed into each other."

@Wedge Antilles @york @The Silver Paladin @Mighty Roman
Tom reacted as if he were being directly spoken to. "Oh, don't mind me sir, I'm just waiting for your agent there to speak up. Just minding my own business." He was looking at Simon.

@york @Mighty Roman @The Silver Paladin
"Right. Back when I was fully Aaron, and not Arc, I wanted to be a Quantum Physicist. The Alternate Universe Theory boils down to EVERY SINGLE DECISION. Including the cellular level." Aaron shrugged again. "But does the world reset if we finish this?"

"Normally, it would. But as I said, this shall be the final cycle, at least for all of us. An intruder has broken the system, resulting in failure for those that hoped to use it."

@The Silver Paladin
Avia Taniyama/Alyx Vance
@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @Anyone else

Alyx frowned "An intruder huh... Perhaps they were the Traitor amongst us?" she said, probably stating the obvious as she stood there, as if in thought. "Or-... I don't know..." she mumbled, trailing off a little as she seemed to be thinking of another possibility, though it probably seemed rediculous.​

With a press of a button, Ilse could talk to Tom once more; however, would that bring up horrible memories of her death to him? If anything, she didn't want to distract the male from making the most important decision for everyone's sake. She became a bit hesitant, but Ilse slowly approached the button.

Her slender digits caressed the button before pushing it, "T-Tom?" She tried hard not to choke on her words, "It's Ilse..." The female didn't want to mention what happened the last time they met, so she would have softly whispered, "I'm fine. Please focus on what you have to do.. Whether you make a mistake or not, just know that you've made me proud..." Hoping no one could see Ilse, she had a small tear stream down her left cheek. Her lips curled into a smile filled with happiness. "Thank you for everything.. I love you."

@Wedge Antilles

• Love
Reactions: Poe Dameron
"I'll just leave all of the talking and communication to you guys," Will states, given that he didn't exactly know the two agents that were on their 'side.' Heck, he didn't even know what to say even if he did go up to share his say.​

"The blame could fall on you just as well. You turned the whole group on us, when we just tried to help. You wanted to burn someone! Heck, you even used kidnapping and extortion! That's a Sociopath. Just like the Overseer."
'I'm hardly backed into a corner, human. I've mainly stayed with Anna, while you've mingled with nearly everyone. Aaron also mainly stayed with Umeko. Of course, a true hunter like the Overseer and his agent would get to know everyone so he could pick the best target. So if anyone here is the Traitor, it's you Tom.

You see only appearance, not nature. A man can attack a Hiveling for it looks weak, but it's mental strength is what fights back. You choose to blame me for I was an outcast that you could easily get people to be against. What if the wolf is in sheep's clothing this cycle?

I only kill killers. An innocent life has never met my sword. Can you say the same?

@york @The Silver Paladin @Wedge Antilles

Status
Not open for further replies.