Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Apparently the boy was the last person with Minori tried to use her eye to replace his own, though I doubt he has the surgical skills to complete the procedure," Kisho revealed with a straight face, seemingly at ease with the disgusting idea he had suggested. Now seems like a good time... "Avia, I want you to be truthful. Why are you getting those faraway looks recently? I know that's not normal for you, so please, for your husband, don't lie."
Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician

Avia cringed a little, hearing that, it seemed a concept such as that deterred even her, though, she quickly shook that off, about to say something witty in response, but, Kisho's question sort of made her stop, a flustered look crossing her face. "Well... There's just been alot on my mind lately; with this strange game and all... I guess sometimes I've been imagining what it would be like if we could settle down for once..." She mumbled, averting her gaze for just a brief moment.​

~Flashback~

Teresa listened to William tell her about his past calmly and patiently, as he had done the same for her. If his past needed to come out as badly as she'd needed to get hers out.. Well, it was important, to say the least. She rubbed her neck sheepishly as he finished, slowly nodding. "I, uhh.. I'm really sorry to hear that," she murmured, softly. "I.. I know what it feels like, losin' people you care about.. Can't imagine what that must feel like..."

But really, Teresa could. It was why she distanced herself from others, now. Avoided making friends as best she could; it wasn't that she didn't like people... She was just scared of losing them.

She managed a faint smile at his next statement, giving another small nod. "I'll help you, too.. You've got yourself a deal."

~End Flashback~

Now, Teresa didn't so much as look at Will or Logan. All she did was cry.

@BarrenThin @Gummi Bunnies
Logan just put a hand on her shoulder. It was Mal talking now, though. "We'll get him, okay? I swear we will."

@Hospes
Teresa didn't tense, cringe, or.. Generally react to the touch. She just shook her head slightly. "I don't doubt it.. But it won't bring her back," she replied, solemnly. "I.. I might be able to save her. Once we're out of here," she murmured, hopefully. Though, considering Logan didn't know about her, it probably didn't make sense.

James wasn't exactly sure on how to actually comfort her at the moment, so it was more of Will taking the reigns in the terms of talking it out... well, in a very unconventional way.

"Behold now, surely somewhere there is death:
For each man hath some space of years, he saith,
A little space of time ere time expire,
A little day, a little way of breath.

And lo, between the sundawn and the sun,
His day's work and his night's work are undone;
And lo, between the nightfall and the light,
He is not, and none knoweth of such an one."

Though it took him a moment to assess the poetry excerpt he spoke from pure memory, and adding,"Meaning, we're not exactly done on finding out how to end this putrid mess already."

@Hospes @BarrenThin

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician

Avia cringed a little, hearing that, it seemed a concept such as that deterred even her, though, she quickly shook that off, about to say something witty in response, but, Kisho's question sort of made her stop, a flustered look crossing her face. "Well... There's just been alot on my mind lately; with this strange game and all... I guess sometimes I've been imagining what it would be like if we could settle down for once..." She mumbled, averting her gaze for just a brief moment.​

"S-settle down?" His shock was evident, his eyes going wide. He could feel his mouth drying rapidly at the thought, "You mean have... Kids of our own? Start our own family?" The idea wasn't a terrible one to him. No, it was wonderful, something he had wanted for a long time now. However, something still bothered him. She was usually more forward when she said stuff like this. Definitely not averting her gaze...

"Is that all you think about?" Avia would pick up on the underlying question, one that held a world's difference depending on the answer. Just be honest with me, Avia, are you an agent?

She recognized the knife, showing it to Logan and Tom who were in the classroom kitchen with her where they found Minori's body. "Mr. Wilson!" Ilse was actually glad that she could tell everyone about this, "This is the missing knife from the set in the classroom kitchen! However, It's not the same as the one that Umeko disposed in the footage.." Oh well. She was so close. So. So. Sooooooooo. Close.

"Either way... There's one more knife missing from the cafeteria kitchen. Since we cannot vote for Kei in this round, let us move to another topic..." They needed to move on before their time runs out. She glared at Kei once more, "You and I will have to talk, separately. I want to know where you got this knife because you either stole it from the classroom kitchen or it was dropped from somewhere. The location of that knife could also give us a hint."

@DapperDogman
@Everyone

Kei looked to Ilse and shrugged slightly, coughing weakly and simply stating "I picked it up in the kitchen...maybe...maybe Minori picked up the one you're looking for...she had one too...You should go check her knife" Kei says, not wanting to go with her for fear of being accused of doing something wicked

He seriously just wanted to go home and die

He didn't want the man in charge to have the sick pleasure of winning, but he didn't want to live any more, he'd been through so much that a boy as young as him simply couldn' bare it, his mental state was left shattered under the weight of all he'd been through, losing his only friend, losing an eye, being put under the spotlight by the person who'd allowed his love to die

He'd have killed her on the spot if he was a lesser man, surely many others had to recognize he desired no more violence, and hopefully, if he could provide enough help to everyone, he'd be allowed to find some professional help on the outside, if not, a nice cozy cell and a life of medication didn't sound so bad, compared to this harsh world, a nice soft fuzzy reality would be a dream

Teresa didn't tense, cringe, or.. Generally react to the touch. She just shook her head slightly. "I don't doubt it.. But it won't bring her back," she replied, solemnly. "I.. I might be able to save her. Once we're out of here," she murmured, hopefully. Though, considering Logan didn't know about her, it probably didn't make sense.

"Viviette..." His voice got very quiet. "Don't let any of this fèihuà get to you. I ain't who you think I am, okay? I'll get you out of here." He knew James wasn't either, so he didn't care he was present.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

Kei looked to Ilse and shrugged slightly, coughing weakly and simply stating "I picked it up in the kitchen...maybe...maybe Minori picked up the one you're looking for...she had one too...You should go check her knife" Kei says, not wanting to go with her for fear of being accused of doing something wicked

He seriously just wanted to go home and die

He didn't want the man in charge to have the sick pleasure of winning, but he didn't want to live any more, he'd been through so much that a boy as young as him simply couldn' bare it, his mental state was left shattered under the weight of all he'd been through, losing his only friend, losing an eye, being put under the spotlight by the person who'd allowed his love to die

He'd have killed her on the spot if he was a lesser man, surely many others had to recognize he desired no more violence, and hopefully, if he could provide enough help to everyone, he'd be allowed to find some professional help on the outside, if not, a nice cozy cell and a life of medication didn't sound so bad, compared to this harsh world, a nice soft fuzzy reality would be a dream
A thumb and a digit pinched the upper part of her nose as Ilse shook her head, "I swear..." She took a deep breath, "I searched through Minori's body for anything that could help us figure out what happened. Her shoes were burnt and melted. I tried looking for any markings, both burnt and.. cuts. But, nothing was found. She didn't have anything on her."

Ilse needed a moment. A moment to herself. However, dealing with verdammte Idioten was obviously not a skill that she developed.

@DapperDogman
@Everyone

Brennan reacted like the Overseer himself had come to hug him, practically jolting backwards from Yui. Too bad for him, his fellow student already had his arms around him and was whimpering into his shoulder. The student council president seethed through his teeth, keep his arms stiffly at his sides while he allowed the boy to invade his personal space. He rolled his eyes when he heard the snicker from Damien.

"Hold up," Damien said as Yui pulled away. He pointed at the boy's arm. "You've got a bracelet. You're a player, but you've been stuck in here? Bad luck for you, man."

DNFSaN8.png

Brennan tilted his head to get a look at the bracelet's face. "It's blank. It's probably not active yet. Perhaps we were meant to find you later, or not at all." Brennan crossed his arms and took a glance back toward the office, where the intercom was. "... Have you heard anything over the intercom? About the situation we're all in?"

@TheBlueBurch
Either not noting or just not caring about the look upon Brennan's face as he initiated the hug, Yui wiped at his eyes with the sleeve of his torn up jacket to try and flush out any remaining tears that hadn't escaped during his cry-hug session. It was about then that Yui returned his attention to the two boys that had saved him and his eyebrows raised at the bracelet as it was pointed out. But as Brennan started to speak, Yui's eyes widened as the feeling of dread emitted from the giant of a teen.

'Or not at all.' That's what the boy had said. What had he done to deserve being locked away and possibly being stuck here without others finding him? He had been a good boy and never bothered or hurt anyone else! Ugh, it didn't bare thinking about for too long less he end up sobbing again. In regards to the other boy's query, Yui felt obligated to nod yes. While he was more focused on whether or not anyone would find him crammed into this library like some forgotten mummy locked away and forgotten in a sarcophagus. Only this sarcophagus had lots and lots of books and as far as he knew, Yui hadn't had his brain plucked out through his nose. In any case he was getting a bit off topic so he'd give a nod of his head to signify yes. He hadn't been invited to prom on account of there rumor being that he was far too annoying to date on account of how his energetic nature rubbed off on other people and the last thing he wanted was some kind of pity date due to his bandages and disfigurements, the latter of which only he knew about thanks to the bandages doing their job. But the intercom still worked well enough so he had heard quite a bit about what had happened with the others, being players in some game and such. The idea frightened him but he couldn't let it show. Well as best as he could considering the sorry state Damien and Brennan had found him in.

"Mr. Taniyama! Mr. Wilson! This is inappropriate language to use concerning a pupil! I understand the situation is extremely abnormal, but you are still the few adults these students have to look to!" The vice-principal would cross his arms. "And I'm personally offended at how you're treating what you believe to be Kei's mental illness. You're hardly in any position to be diagnosing anything of the sort while we play some game some monster put together. However..." He turned to Kei, disappointment apparent on his face. "If he has shown himself to be a potential danger to his peers, then we will have to keep a watch on him. That is fair, in my opinion."

~Flashback~

"Troy, I don't think he has a mental disorder. He's just a threat and a liability. No one should go into a room alone with him."

@Atomyk

James wasn't exactly sure on how to actually comfort her at the moment, so it was more of Will taking the reigns in the terms of talking it out... well, in a very unconventional way.

"Behold now, surely somewhere there is death:
For each man hath some space of years, he saith,
A little space of time ere time expire,
A little day, a little way of breath.

And lo, between the sundawn and the sun,
His day's work and his night's work are undone;
And lo, between the nightfall and the light,
He is not, and none knoweth of such an one."

Though it took him a moment to assess the poetry excerpt he spoke from pure memory, and adding,"Meaning, we're not exactly done on finding out how to end this putrid mess already."

@Hospes @BarrenThin
Teresa just sighed, trying desperately to wipe away the tears. "Yeah, you're right.." With that, she quietly moved out from under the fountain, getting up and brushing herself off.​
"Viviette..." His voice got very quiet. "Don't let any of this fèihuà get to you. I ain't who you think I am, okay? I'll get you out of here." He knew James wasn't either, so he didn't care he was present.

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
"Don't.. Don't call me 'Viviette'," she replied, softly. "It's Teresa. Teresa Agnes, your personal angel of death, at your service," she mused, bowing exaggeratedly. "If anything, I'm thinkin' I'll have to get you shanks outta here," she replied, forcing a small smile. "After all, ya haven't been doin' the best job so far.. Have ya?" she joked, clearly trying to lighten the mood.

A thumb and a digit pinched the upper part of her nose as Ilse shook her head, "I swear..." She took a deep breath, "I searched through Minori's body for anything that could help us figure out what happened. Her shoes were burnt and melted. I tried looking for any markings, both burnt and.. cuts. But, nothing was found. She didn't have anything on her."

Ilse needed a moment. A moment to herself. However, dealing with verdammte Idioten was obviously not a skill that she developed.

@DapperDogman
@Everyone
"She definitely had a knife..." he says with a stern nod "I'm sure of it...I would come and look...but...you know how things are with people as of right now...though you have my only weapon, and I'm no condition to be fighting...if someone else would like to come...I'm sure the knife she had could be the one we're looking for"

~Flashback~

"Troy, I don't think he has a mental disorder. He's just a threat and a liability. No one should go into a room alone with him."

@Atomyk
"Which is why I suggested he be watched. Keep him in a big group or leave him in the cafeteria. Both are fine choices."

@BarrenThin

Teresa just sighed, trying desperately to wipe away the tears. "Yeah, you're right.." With that, she quietly moved out from under the fountain, getting up and brushing herself off.​

"Don't.. Don't call me 'Viviette'," she replied, softly. "It's Teresa. Teresa Agnes, your personal angel of death, at your service," she mused, bowing exaggeratedly. "If anything, I'm thinkin' I'll have to get you shanks outta here," she replied, forcing a small smile. "After all, ya haven't been doin' the best job so far.. Have ya?" she joked, clearly trying to lighten the mood.

"Malcolm Reynolds... call me Mal." Mal smiled at the joke.

nathanfillion4.gif

"I don't doubt you can, Teresa, but you ain't the one trying to be the dad here."

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies

Either not noting or just not caring about the look upon Brennan's face as he initiated the hug, Yui wiped at his eyes with the sleeve of his torn up jacket to try and flush out any remaining tears that hadn't escaped during his cry-hug session. It was about then that Yui returned his attention to the two boys that had saved him and his eyebrows raised at the bracelet as it was pointed out. But as Brennan started to speak, Yui's eyes widened as the feeling of dread emitted from the giant of a teen.

'Or not at all.' That's what the boy had said. What had he done to deserve being locked away and possibly being stuck here without others finding him? He had been a good boy and never bothered or hurt anyone else! Ugh, it didn't bare thinking about for too long less he end up sobbing again. In regards to the other boy's query, Yui felt obligated to nod yes. While he was more focused on whether or not anyone would find him crammed into this library like some forgotten mummy locked away and forgotten in a sarcophagus. Only this sarcophagus had lots and lots of books and as far as he knew, Yui hadn't had his brain plucked out through his nose. In any case he was getting a bit off topic so he'd give a nod of his head to signify yes. He hadn't been invited to prom on account of there rumor being that he was far too annoying to date on account of how his energetic nature rubbed off on other people and the last thing he wanted was some kind of pity date due to his bandages and disfigurements, the latter of which only he knew about thanks to the bandages doing their job. But the intercom still worked well enough so he had heard quite a bit about what had happened with the others, being players in some game and such. The idea frightened him but he couldn't let it show. Well as best as he could considering the sorry state Damien and Brennan had found him in.
"Um..." Brennan shrugged at Yui's apparent shyness. He had been locked in a library for a bout five hours. "If your bracelet does activate, and I imagine it will soon, you should know that we have reason to believe the Overseer is hiding amongst the captives." Even possibly you, Brennan almost wanted to say. He gestured to the machine on the secretary's desk, the one hooked up to the intercom. "That machine is giving out automated messages at certain times and under certain conditions. It seems that while everyone was knocked out, one of us set this entire game up around the school so that it could run itself..."

Brennan grinned. "It's kind of amazing, in a way. As there's no one viewing the security footage, the Overseer is probably watching it all from the front lines."

@TheBlueBurch

nathanfillion4.gif

"I don't doubt you can, Teresa, but you ain't the one trying to be the dad hear."

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
At this, Teresa nodded. "Right.. Well, ah.. Nice ta meet you, Mal. If this even really counts as meeting," she replied with a slight grin, rubbing the back of her neck. It was something she did often.. As though trying to scrub away the label WICKED had long since bestowed unto her.

This reply made the grin widen. "'Course I ain't. That'd be pretty damn weird," she mused. "Regardless of what ya say, though.. I hope you know I ain't givin' up on helpin' that easy."

"S-settle down?" His shock was evident, his eyes going wide. He could feel his mouth drying rapidly at the thought, "You mean have... Kids of our own? Start our own family?" The idea wasn't a terrible one to him. No, it was wonderful, something he had wanted for a long time now. However, something still bothered him. She was usually more forward when she said stuff like this. Definitely not averting her gaze...

"Is that all you think about?" Avia would pick up on the underlying question, one that held a world's difference depending on the answer. Just be honest with me, Avia, are you an agent?
Avia Taniyama
@The Tactician @Anyone else

Avia nodded sheepishly, it seemed that would be it... "I get worried sometimes that you might get voted off... But, I've always wished this game would end... And we could settle down, live normal lives..." She murmured, it seemed she was most definitely getting flustered now as she admitted this. Though, at the same time, she was feeling a little relieved to get this sort of thing off her chest, especially in times such as these...

"She definitely had a knife..." he says with a stern nod "I'm sure of it...I would come and look...but...you know how things are with people as of right now...though you have my only weapon, and I'm no condition to be fighting...if someone else would like to come...I'm sure the knife she had could be the one we're looking for"

"We'll have to go after the voting is done." There's no point in rejecting someone who was there when Minori died. Either way, it was almost time that the voting will be over.

"So... I am keeping my vote on Umeko." She hated coming into conclusions like this, but it was time for them to discuss it. "My reason is because the footage showed her disposing a mask, cape, and knife. Now, can you or someone else tell me why I should not vote for you?"

@TheBombMan
@Anyone?

nathanfillion4.gif

"I don't doubt you can, Teresa, but you ain't the one trying to be the dad hear."

@Hospes
@Gummi Bunnies
"... I can just imagine the kind of report I have to give to the Institute once we get out of this..." Will mused to himself for a moment, surely it was given to be an interesting case to recount. Looking over at Logan, it was only until now that the ravenette would realize that he also had "remembered" who he really was.

"Nice to hear that Mal, William Herondale is my original name, but feel free to call me Will. I suppose this is the first time you're meeting a Nephilim, or half-angel if that's simpler to understand," he decides to introduce himself properly to Mal.

@Hospes @BarrenThin

"We'll have to go after the voting is done." There's no point in rejecting someone who was there when Minori died. Either way, it was almost time that the voting will be over.

"So... I am keeping my vote on Umeko." She hated coming into conclusions like this, but it was time for them to discuss it. "My reason is because the footage showed her disposing a mask, cape, and knife. Now, can you or someone else tell me why I should not vote for you?"

@TheBombMan
@Anyone?
Aaron spoke up. "Quantum Suicide. It's like Schrodinger's cat." Aaron said. "It's a Multiverse theory that if I killed myself in this world, I didn't in another, therefore, I have Immortality essentially." Aaron shrugged. "We saved Bailey in this universe, but then we found a body of her from another universe." Aaron said running his hand through his hair.

"Um..." Brennan shrugged at Yui's apparent shyness. He had been locked in a library for a bout five hours. "If your bracelet does activate, and I imagine it will soon, you should know that we have reason to believe the Overseer is hiding amongst the captives." Even possibly you, Brennan almost wanted to say. He gestured to the machine on the secretary's desk, the one hooked up to the intercom. "That machine is giving out automated messages at certain times and under certain conditions. It seems that while everyone was knocked out, one of us set this entire game up around the school so that it could run itself..."

Brennan grinned. "It's kind of amazing, in a way. As there's no one viewing the security footage, the Overseer is probably watching it all from the front lines."

@TheBlueBurch
"Among us?" Yui murmured out rather quietly as he took in the next rush of words Brennan had given him. That was an interesting thought. The person who had him put in this place had enough gall to hang out among the very people playing this sick game? It was quite perturbing and Yui frankly would have liked nothing to do with this. But if there were other students involved then he had to do what he can. Even if this frightened him out of his mind. He may have had the body of a giant but inside he was a wimp who hated being put into a situtation like this.

"Scary." He'd admit before looking around before his eyes rested on the machine as he'd walk over. "Should we try and find the others..?"

Status
Not open for further replies.