Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"What are you doing with-- Holiest of guacamole!" Horatio stammered and jumped away from Aaron as he lugged a body intot he office.

Troy turned around and stared at the body. "... Oh. It looks like Bailey."

The vice principal fell to his knees.

Horatio tilted this head to the side in wonder. "I don't-- Did you do this, Aaron?"

"I thought you saved her?!" Brennan suddenly exclaimed.

At this rate, all of the students were going to see some burned Bailey.

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician @BarrenThin

Aaron nodded, "We did save her. Logan and Kisho can back me up. We found her in the Art Room. I had some problems bringing the body, but nobody saw me." Aaron shrugged. "Not the best idea in hindsight.

"What are you doing with-- Holiest of guacamole!" Horatio stammered and jumped away from Aaron as he lugged a body intot he office.

Horatio tilted this head to the side in wonder. "I don't-- Did you do this, Aaron?"

"No, no, Horatio, Aaron only knew poor Yorick. We found her body in room 8," Kisho explained with a calm expression.

Logan froze. "Aaron... What the Hell are you doing!?"

@Atomyk
@The Tactician
@The Silver Paladin

Logan looked at him while running.

O8GE4kD.gif

@The Tactician
"Don't sexually cock your eyebrow at me like that. No matter how much you do it, you're not having a threesome with me and Avia."
As you came out into the Atrium to headed for the office, both Horatio and Brennan took notice of what you were doing. "The office keys?!" the student council member exclaimed. "Then you must have--"

"The school," Troy practically moaned. "What have they done to it? It's like a dystopian novel in here." The vice principal's fingers twitched as he unconsciously tapped at his palms. "I must check on the students in the cafeteria to see if they are all right. I'll just--"

But Ilse had the door open, and the group was moving inside. Troy's curiosity got the better of him and he followed as well. All the lights were off, except for the one by the intercom room. This is where the Overseer would have been as well. Brennan moved ahead quickly and crossed his arms at the strange machine hooked up to the intercom system. "This looks familiar."

"Of course." Troy stepped forward and touched a button on the machine. Suddenly, the intercom around the school emitted a message.

"You have chosen to allow your student council president to burn for her school. This was a tremendous decision, and one that showed you have the true tenacity to beat out the other players. You must always ensure your safety before others."

Then, silence. "We don't use it very often," Troy explained. "But it allows us to pre-record automated announcements. You can set it to occur at certain times, or under certain conditions. There's also a remote option, but..." Troy looked the machine over. "It appears to be modified a bit. I don't know in what capacity."

Brennan placed his hand on the machine. "So, you're saying the Overseer never would have had to be in this room all this time?"

"Um, if that's the name of whoever set this up, then... yes. They could have been... anywhere. The remote won't work outside the school, however."

@The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Proxymoron @Wedge Antilles @york
"They would have to be on campus... they could just be anywhere on campus."

"Or anyone," Brennan suddenly said.

Troy looked around, still a little confused. He had no idea what Brennan was getting at. "Pardon? What do you mean?"

"I mean..."

i4YmvUv.png

"It's like Mr. Wilson says. If most of the game is automated, the Overseer doesn't even have to be here. But of course, like all madmen, he'll want to view his creation as it unfolds. What better way to do that is to hide amongst the captives?"

"That's rather insane, isn't it?" Horatio quipped.

Brennan only smiled. "It is, isn't it?"

@The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Proxymoron @Wedge Antilles @york
"Coming from the guy who wanted us to let the class president to die, that seems kind of strange," Kisho quiped as he listened in, "However, that's not important at this exact moment. Logan, any thoughts who the Overseer could be?"

@BarrenThin
tMYPvCc.png

"Don't confuse my intentions! I only advocated her death so that you all could better get us out of here!" It took a second, but Brennan quietly added a, "... sir."

@The Tactician
Avia Taniyama
@The Pimp Tactician @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Anyone else
Avia frowned a little as she looked towards Brennan "Hey... Speaking of Bailey, you were one of the last people seen with her... Know anything about her currently... Charred state?" she asked, crossing her arms a little as she tilted her head, obviously curious where exactly they had taken her... It did arouse suspicions that they never got word if she was taken somewhere safe or not.​

"I-I spent several monutes shouting for someone, and nobody came. I just..." At this point Aaron was crying. "I messed up."

"So you dragged a burnt corpse through the school!?"
Avia Taniyama
Avia frowned a little as she looked towards Brennan "Hey... Speaking of Bailey, you were one of the last people seen with her... Know anything about her currently... Charred state?" she asked, crossing her arms a little as she tilted her head, obviously curious where exactly they had taken her... It did arouse suspicions that they never got word if she was taken somewhere safe or not.​

"Wait... didn't Jake have her last?"

@Atomyk
@The Tactician
@The Silver Paladin
@york

"The remaining ones are both E's," he says as he entered that into the computer.

@Atomyk
"Awesome," Jake said, grinning. He waited as the footage started up, though he was unsure how to do much with it. "Well, I think whatever footage Kisho was trying to look at is loading. There's probably no way we could access the footage without him having started it."

The security camera is in the gymnasium, and you see it centred behind the bleacher. You recognise Jacky Robertson. It seems this footage was just after his death.

A figure stands over him, wearing a cloak and gas mask.

TXexa8h.png

They appear about to take off their mask, when the footage goes to static. Jake seethes through his teeth and hits at the keyboard. "No, no! We need to know!"

The time stamp in the corner jumps ahead. It shows the Atrium... and the cloaked figure once again. They approach one of the garbage cans and remove their mask.

"Oh my god," Jake says. The person wearing the cloak is Umeko. She drops her knife in the garbage, then proceeds to stuff the cloak and mask in there as well. The footage ends.

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi

Last edited:
Avia Taniyama
"Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I don't recognise your veiled implications. I left her with Jake, as he is the closest thing to a doctor we have in this school." Brennan looked pretty pissed off. He wasn't doing so well around Bailey's dead body.

@york

Aaron sighed. "Only because no one could hear me. I was shouting for you guys. I said we would retrieve the body to show to Horatio." Aaron sat down and put his face in his hands. "I'me sorry."

@Atomyk
"... I see." Horatio sighed. "You were just trying to work in the name of justice, I understand." Horatio crossed his arms and sighed. "We must speak with our combat medic to asses the situation. Preferably before you're all put through another vote."

@The Silver Paladin

"... I need to speak with my students," Troy suddenly said, standing up. "I will find out what has happened, and assure them that I won't allow any more harm to come to them." Troy moved past the others in the office to head to the cafeteria.

@The Tactician @BarrenThin @The Silver Paladin

"... I see." Horatio sighed. "You were just trying to work in the name of justice, I understand." Horatio crossed his arms and sighed. "We must speak with our combat medic to asses the situation. Preferably before you're all put through another vote."

@The Silver Paladin

Aaron looked up. "I didn't want someone to hear my shouting, come in, and think I killed her, and then go tell everyone in the cafeteria, so I-I panicked." Aaron shrugged. "I hear Jerusalem Bells a ringing. Roman cavalry choirs are singing." He muttered with some tears.

"So you dragged a burnt corpse through the school!?"

"Wait... didn't Jake have her last?"

@Atomyk
@The Tactician
@The Silver Paladin
@york
"Just because I'm younger than you doesn't mean I don't recognise your veiled implications. I left her with Jake, as he is the closest thing to a doctor we have in this school." Brennan looked pretty pissed off. He wasn't doing so well around Bailey's dead body.

@york
Avia Taniyama
@Atomyk @The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @Anyone else

"I don't think you're at fault..." Avia said, shrugging a little, patting Brennan on the shoulder with a slight smile, as if she was trying to shake off the awkwardness of the situation "I was thinking maybe you'd know what Jake did with her after." she said simply, frowning again... Whatever happened, she had a feeling, if it wasn't Brennan, then, Jake might possibly have an idea of what happened to Bailey, though, she couldn't be too sure on that one.​

"This has to be some sick joke... That girl is our... killer?" James wasn't sure how else to respond, completely in disbelief. Information, whether it be true or false, had to come around to the others.

"Jake, we need to find the others and inform them... especially the ones grouped with Umeko," James knew it had to come to this, because this might as well be their best and only lead they got.

With that said, James continues to search the computer lab for anything of importance.

@Atomyk @Jeremi

"This has to be some sick joke... That girl is our... killer?" James wasn't sure how else to respond, completely in disbelief. Information, whether it be true or false, had to come around to the others.

"Jake, we need to find the others and inform them... especially the ones grouped with Umeko," James knew it had to come to this, because this might as well be their best and only lead they got.

With that said, James continues to search the computer lab for anything of importance.

@Atomyk @Jeremi
"I've already done a search," Jake said. "There's nothing else. None of the other computers are working." Shaking his head, he took one last look at the computer. Where had that Kisho come from? Where had it gone? Regardless, Jake hurried with the others back to the Atrium.

"Ah, there you are, sir!" said Horatio, stopping Jake. "Please, you have to see what's in the office."

"You opened the office? Er, wait, where is Umeko? You need to know-- Oh, god!!"

sxfCz3z.png

"I don't understand... is that Bailey?" Jake ran into the office and knelt beside the girl. "I left her with the football team!"

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @york @The Silver Paladin @BarrenThin @The Tactician

"I've already done a search," Jake said. "There's nothing else. None of the other computers are working." Shaking his head, he took one last look at the computer. Where had that Kisho come from? Where had it gone? Regardless, Jake hurried with the others back to the Atrium.

"Ah, there you are, sir!" said Horatio, stopping Jake. "Please, you have to see what's in the office."

sxfCz3z.png

"I don't understand... is that Bailey?" Jake ran into the office and knelt beside the girl. "I left her with the football team!"

"Are you looking for me?" Umeko asked, who was still in the office.

@Atomyk

sxfCz3z.png

"You... you left them with the Football team?"

@Atomyk

sxfCz3z.png

Aaron looked at Jake crying. "W-we found her in the Art room. I dragged her body all the way here." Aaron was shaking. "I panicked, and brought the body here. Logan, Kisho, Umeko, Michelle, and Avia can back me up on that."

"You... you left them with the Footbalm team?"

@Atomyk
Jake nodded, listening to Aaron and Logan. "... I have to speak with Damien!" Jake jumped to his feet, though he paused once Umeko spoke. He exchanged a look with James for a moment, before saying, "Yes. Please, everyone hold on for a moment. Stay in a group if you can." The nurse went running, bounding into the cafeteria.

As soon as they arrived at the office, James wasn't sure on what to think of Umeko, but he knew what he saw on the security footage. Without much warning, he pinned the girl against the wall, his hands pushing against her shoulders.

"Umeko... jake and I found security camera footage of you... And We need to know... just why do you happen to have that mask and cloak earlier? Why!?" James wanted answers, not seeming to care if he was starting a scene. He wasn't going to let anybody get hurt from this point onwards.

@TheBombMan @The Tactician @BarrenThin @york @Jeremi @The Silver Paladin @Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.