Illusion Game II: School Daze

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan looked at him while running.

O8GE4kD.gif

@The Tactician
"Don't sexually cock your eyebrow at me like that. No matter how much you do it, you're not having a threesome with me and Avia."

"Finally," she softly spoke, "it's time to know. If one of you are the killer, I highly doubt we would see you the same." Ilse followed took the keys and went to the office.
As you came out into the Atrium to headed for the office, both Horatio and Brennan took notice of what you were doing. "The office keys?!" the student council member exclaimed. "Then you must have--"

"The school," Troy practically moaned. "What have they done to it? It's like a dystopian novel in here." The vice principal's fingers twitched as he unconsciously tapped at his palms. "I must check on the students in the cafeteria to see if they are all right. I'll just--"

But Ilse had the door open, and the group was moving inside. Troy's curiosity got the better of him and he followed as well. All the lights were off, except for the one by the intercom room. This is where the Overseer would have been as well. Brennan moved ahead quickly and crossed his arms at the strange machine hooked up to the intercom system. "This looks familiar."

"Of course." Troy stepped forward and touched a button on the machine. Suddenly, the intercom around the school emitted a message.

"You have chosen to allow your student council president to burn for her school. This was a tremendous decision, and one that showed you have the true tenacity to beat out the other players. You must always ensure your safety before others."

Then, silence. "We don't use it very often," Troy explained. "But it allows us to pre-record automated announcements. You can set it to occur at certain times, or under certain conditions. There's also a remote option, but..." Troy looked the machine over. "It appears to be modified a bit. I don't know in what capacity."

Brennan placed his hand on the machine. "So, you're saying the Overseer never would have had to be in this room all this time?"

"Um, if that's the name of whoever set this up, then... yes. They could have been... anywhere. The remote won't work outside the school, however."

@The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Proxymoron @Wedge Antilles @york

• Useful
Reactions: thatguyinthestore
"Don't sexually cock your eyebrow at me like that. No matter how much you do it, you're not having a threesome with me and Avia."

tumblr_mg1t7qGDlh1qjvx17o1_250.gif

Michelle and Annette were both right there. Besides, he didn't want that.

@The Tactician
As you came out into the Atrium to headed for the office, both Horatio and Brennan took notice of what you were doing. "The office keys?!" the student council member exclaimed. "Then you must have--"

"The school," Troy practically moaned. "What have they done to it? It's like a dystopian novel in here." The vice principal's fingers twitched as he unconsciously tapped at his palms. "I must check on the students in the cafeteria to see if they are all right. I'll just--"

But Ilse had the door open, and the group was moving inside. Troy's curiosity got the better of him and he followed as well. All the lights were off, except for the one by the intercom room. This is where the Overseer would have been as well. Brennan moved ahead quickly and crossed his arms at the strange machine hooked up to the intercom system. "This looks familiar."

"Of course." Troy stepped forward and touched a button on the machine. Suddenly, the intercom around the school emitted a message.

"You have chosen to allow your student council president to burn for her school. This was a tremendous decision, and one that showed you have the true tenacity to beat out the other players. You must always ensure your safety before others."

Then, silence. "We don't use it very often," Troy explained. "But it allows us to pre-record automated announcements. You can set it to occur at certain times, or under certain conditions. There's also a remote option, but..." Troy looked the machine over. "It appears to be modified a bit. I don't know in what capacity."

Brennan placed his hand on the machine. "So, you're saying the Overseer never would have had to be in this room all this time?"

"Um, if that's the name of whoever set this up, then... yes. They could have been... anywhere. The remote won't work outside the school, however."

@The Tactician @The Silver Paladin @TheBombMan @BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Proxymoron @Wedge Antilles @york

Logan didn't hesitate to try and unlock, then open, the door to the office.

@The Tactician@The Silver Paladin@TheBombMan @Atomyk @Thuro Pendragon@Proxymoron@Wedge Antilles@york

tumblr_mg1t7qGDlh1qjvx17o1_250.gif

Michelle and Annette were both right there. Besides, he didn't want that.

@The Tactician

Logan didn't hesitate to try and unlock, then open, the door to the office.

@The Tactician@The Silver Paladin@TheBombMan @Atomyk @Thuro Pendragon@Proxymoron@Wedge Antilles@york
Kisho smirked and yelled at Michelle and Annette, "Ladies, your man is trying to hit on me and get in bed with me and my wife!" A subtle, almost malicious grin came to his lips, "Take that, eyebrow cocker."

Jake joins you at the computer. After staring at the puzzle for a moment, he points to the top word. "This could be an E."

EMPATHIZE
RUI
ONIGH
OWNWAR
AGNETIS
AGL
NVIABL
OBLEME

@Gummi Bunnies
"Ah, second line should be a D, and third should be a T," James took a guess, seeming to catch onto the puzzle now.

@Atomyk

Kisho smirked and yelled at Michelle and Annette, "Ladies, your man is trying to hit on me and get in bed with me and my wife!" A subtle, almost malicious grin came to his lips, "Take that, eyebrow cocker."

"Not true! This man is a liar!" He flashed a grin at Michelle to show the whole thing was a joke and a wary look at Annette. The apparent closeness to something big had put him in a good mood.

@Josh M
@The Tactician
@Thuro Pendragon

((ALL THIS TOOK PLACE IN THE OFFICE

I KNEW THEY WERE ALREADY INSIDE))

"So the Overseer might not even be on campus?"

@Atomyk

"Ah, second line should be a D, and third should be a T," James took a guess, seeming to catch onto the puzzle now.

@Atomyk
"Yeah, and then... Let's see... D... M... I think that last one is an N."

EMPATHIZE
DRUID
TONIGHT
DOWNWARD
MAGNETISM
AGL
NVIABL
NOBLEMEN

@Gummi Bunnies

((ALL THIS TOOK PLACE IN THE OFFICE

I KNEW THEY WERE ALREADY INSIDE))

"So the Overseer might not even be on campus?"

@Atomyk
"They would have to be on campus... they could just be anywhere on campus."

"Or anyone," Brennan suddenly said.

Troy looked around, still a little confused. He had no idea what Brennan was getting at. "Pardon? What do you mean?"

"I mean..."

i4YmvUv.png

"It's like Mr. Wilson says. If most of the game is automated, the Overseer doesn't even have to be here. But of course, like all madmen, he'll want to view his creation as it unfolds. What better way to do that is to hide amongst the captives?"

"That's rather insane, isn't it?" Horatio quipped.

Brennan only smiled. "It is, isn't it?"

Troy looked around, still a little confused. He had no idea what Brennan was getting at. "Pardon? What do you mean?"

"I mean..."

i4YmvUv.png

"It's like Mr. Wilson says. If most of the game is automated, the Overseer doesn't even have to be here. But of course, like all madmen, he'll want to view his creation as it unfolds. What better way to do that is to hide amongst the captives?"

Aaron looked over from the art room. "I mean, he could be all the way in Guadalajara! He could be using proxies to run all of this. You know? People on the inside, and he's commanding them." Aaron shrugged. "Just a thought. Now, can someone help me carry this body?"

@BarrenThin @The Tactician

"I mean..."

i4YmvUv.png

"Coming from the guy who wanted us to let the class president to die, that seems kind of strange," Kisho quiped as he listened in, "However, that's not important at this exact moment. Logan, any thoughts who the Overseer could be?"

@BarrenThin

"Coming from the guy who wanted us to let the class president to die, that seems kind of strange," Kisho quiped as he listened in, "However, that's not important at this exact moment. Logan, any thoughts who the Overseer could be?"

@BarrenThin
tMYPvCc.png

"Don't confuse my intentions! I only advocated her death so that you all could better get us out of here!" It took a second, but Brennan quietly added a, "... sir."

@The Tactician

"...something tells me that this room isn't so safe as it seemed anymore..." James sighed as he went to check on the computer "Kisho" was looking at before he...vanished.

@Atomyk @Jeremi

On the paper, there was elaborate cursive handwriting that read:

At times people lose their way, refuse the emotions and thoughts of their conscience, and be forever lost.

At some point, I became lost terribly, and nothing mattered to me the most.

At the future, you may be lost, but you will find the way to guide you back to the path. No matter the cost.

-James

There was two letters scratched out in front of where James's name was written, and it could be determined as a capital "W" and lowercase "i"

@Hospes
Viviette read all of this quietly, but the body-wracking sobs and the uncontrollable shaking didn't cease. She didn't understand.. Didn't think she ever would. So, she just remained on the floor, incapable of moving at all and.. for once in her life... Wishing she wasn't alone. Wishing for Brian, Logan, Minori, or.. hell.. even James to come back.

Anything to stop her inevitable falling apart.

@Nobody 'cause Vivi's alone in the worldaka the hall

tMYPvCc.png

"Don't confuse my intentions! I only advocated her death so that you all could better get us out of here!" It took a second, but Brennan quietly added a, "... sir."

@The Tactician
"Oh, keep telling yourself that, boy. I remember how you said the girl talked down to you," Kisho smarted off, his eyes closing as though he was in deep thought.

Aaron looked over from the art room. "I mean, he could be all the way in Guadalajara! He could be using proxies to run all of this. You know? People on the inside, and he's commanding them." Aaron shrugged. "Just a thought. Now, can someone help me carry this body?"

@BarrenThin @The Tactician
"What are you doing with-- Holiest of guacamole!" Horatio stammered and jumped away from Aaron as he lugged a body into the office.

Troy turned around and stared at the body. "... Oh. It looks like Bailey."

The vice principal fell to his knees.

Horatio tilted this head to the side in wonder. "I don't-- Did you do this, Aaron?"

"I thought you saved her?!" Brennan suddenly exclaimed.

At this rate, all of the students were going to see some burned Bailey.

@The Silver Paladin @The Tactician @BarrenThin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.