Status
Not open for further replies.
CFoKqU4.png

Tommy didn't really get what the deal was here, but he obliged Leon by accepting the handshake. "Full name, huh? I'm Tommy, better known as Speed." He grinned slightly. "I guess you're here for a party the Scarlet Witch is hosting. Er, that's Wanda Maximoff. Name ring any bells? Not sure why you didn't get an invite, but I believe some people are here as other's guests or something like that."

Someone then caught Tommy's eye, and he turned slightly to view the armored man watching the others from a distance. Tommy looked back to Len and gestured toward the mysterious man with a nod. "Doesn't seem chatty, does he? Every party's gotta have a shy guest, right? But I'm not sure what a guy would have to be shy of decked out in that gear. You think it's suspicious?"

Tommy wasn't being entirely serious, but he certainly wouldn't have minded if he was taken seriously.

@Leon Moretti @Seishin Ryuu

Spartan-B312's cunning hearing was able to cut out the more important parts of each individual's conversation. The host's name is Wanda Maximoff, known as the Scarlet Witch. Apparently she's been traveling between worlds getting into all kinds of situations. Some similar to his own, but he couldn't help there was a deeper purpose.

His sharp eyes locked on to the white haired Caucasian who called himself "Speed" and his friend Leon, watching them meet and greet. Clearly as if he were standing right beside them he could hear them talking, and took mental notes. The Spartanwould remain silent and to himself a bit longer until the situation changed. So far mingling would be the only action to take.

@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Arno Victor Dorian [Assassin's Creed]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Midnight Maiden as Belle French [Once Upon a Time]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@CataclysmicMandala as Kori Meta [Danganronpa OC]
@Ryu Keiko as Koriand'r [DC Comics]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Bomb as Lola [Fairy Fencer F]
@dark as Marcus Wright [Terminator]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Percival of the Round Table [Sonic and the Black Knight]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse [OC]
@Gands as Raven Darkholme [X-Men Cinematic Universe]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Rumpelstiltskin [Once Upon a Time]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Seishin Ryuu as Spartan-B312 [Halo]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta [Overwatch]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]

Arno stopped for a moment, letting his senses calm following his recent travel. Now, this was new. He had seen many strange things in his lifetime: swords that could shoot lighting, lanterns that could control moths and bats, men who could speak to the minds of their ancestors; but nothing like this. One moment he had been walking the halls of the De Le Sere Estate, tracing the floorboards he had spent so many happy days playing upon as a child. The next he had been pulled further than he had ever travelled in his lifetime in a heart beat. It would take some getting used to.

He let the madness was over him for a single moment, succumbing to the sounds and sights. He embraced the disorder. The next he forced it out, drawing his attention inwards.

He was a stranger in a strange land. A fish out of water. One vague invitation and his wits for guidance. Nothing was new there. There was no use dwelling on the how, the where or the who; the only thing that mattered was the why.

Why would the Lady in Red summon a few dozen strangers from across the world to attend a party? Why did she use such theatrical means to bring them here? It was a mad world indeed.

Consulting all his senses at once, Arno searched the crowd, reaching out in the direction of Phil and the lizard man. It didn't take Eagle Vision to see the testosterone the reporter was throwing left right and centre. At this rate, the odds of the guests working as a 'team' were slim. That was, at least, until Arno noticed the Golden Machine-man

"At last" the Assassin mumbled, gliding towards Zenyatta "A voice of reason..."

kirigiri_17.png

"And to you," Kyoko said, returning Zenyatta's greeting, nodding to the monk whom she'd also first met back in Bright Falls. Like with Wanda, Kyoko felt... a subtle, but not too noticeable, urge to speak to Zenyatta with a slightly more gentle tone than the others, considering his relation with Genji. Of course, knowing the monk, he would probably speak of having made peace with the samurai's death, but death was rarely something that anyone could speak of so casually.

"I've been... busy," she continued vaguely when asked how she was. It had indeed been a turbulent few months for Kyoko. Easing back into the Coalition after her encounter at Bright Falls was a difficult process as it was, but then the events of the Coalition Civil War kicked everything in a rather unsavory direction, and before she knew it, she was reinstated as the leader, and with that title came a large number of responsibilities, rendered even more difficult to manage with the absence of Kieran, though she managed with the help of her allies, among the ones she trusted the most including Byakuya Togami, her temporary stand-in at the moment.

Kyoko didn't return Zenyatta's question, and though some would have seen the gesture as rude, the young woman simply didn't want to indirectly bring up Genji again, as she was sure the monk's life had been affected enough by the news, and readjusting after loss was a difficult process. So she simply moved forward from there.

"And... Yes, I suppose it has been some time. Perhaps too long, even. The multiverse is an unpredictable place, after all."

And then she turned to Beatrice, the self-conscious girl only inadvertently making herself stick out more, at least in the detective's point of view, but it was of little consequence. Hard to stick out in the long run next to the man as imposing as his lightning imagery.

kiri007.png

"I know... enough. But it looks like Wanda's met a lot of people even I don't know. She must have had an interesting self-assigned vacation if she's made so many... new friends."

@Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York

Zenyatta's gaze scanned the two others who had spoken to him; Noembelu and Arno. Obviously, Zenyatta did not have the luxury of facial expressions, but the peaceful expression imposed on his metal face-plate fell upon Noembelu in particular. The way she spoke and the way she carried herself, and all he subtle clicks and messages in her voice that Zenyatta had learned to pick up on, that she had disquiet in her soul. A bruised spirit is no different from a bruised apple-- Zenyatta just knew to tell if its bruised before taking a bite.

As of late, Zenyatta was also a bruised apple himself.

"Peace be upon you, Noembelu."

The monk turned his attention to Arno, now, who looked less-than-pleased about the party's attendees. "A voice of reason. . .?" Zenyatta curiously asked, glancing around the room as if Arno wasn't addressing him, before looking back at the assassin. "Do you perhaps mean me? To carry such a title seems counter-productive-- because, it would imply that I know much more than another soul."

"That seems. . .foolish. One would not want a fool to be their voice of reason."

Zenyatta returned a sagely nod. He was a teacher, of course, but he didn't want people to think that he is the ultimate source of information. If he had the chance, he'd ask Genji not to call him 'master'-- because they were always on the same level.

Now back to Kyoko and Nono, Nono's response seemed to lighten the monk's spirit somewhat. "That is wonderful, Nono! You've truly grown since I last seen you. To us all, I've greatly missed the good memories we've shared in Bright Falls. Though, I do wish Wanda was here for this reunion."

"Though, with these friends she has made. . .yes, perhaps she has been traveling"

"That is good."

"Walking ten-thousand miles of the world is better than reading ten-thousand scrolls."

Though Zenyatta was a master at hiding it, Kyoko could pick up a subtle difference in his voice. It was a quiet, somber tone that spelled out what the monk was going through since the loss of his student. The real question is if he knew how his student had died, and how Kyoko was tied to it.

@Kaykay @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York

The monk turned his attention to Arno, now, who looked less-than-pleased about the party's attendees. "A voice of reason. . .?" Zenyatta curiously asked, glancing around the room as if Arno wasn't addressing him, before looking back at the assassin. "Do you perhaps mean me? To carry such a title seems counter-productive-- because, it would imply that I know much more than another soul."

"That seems. . .foolish. One would not want a fool to be their voice of reason."

Zenyatta returned a sagely nod. He was a teacher, of course, but he didn't want people to think that he is the ultimate source of information. If he had the chance, he'd ask Genji not to call him 'master'-- because they were always on the same level.

[/USER]
"If I've learned anything in my travels, it's that wisdom goes far beyond knowledge"
How could it not be true? A world with some many conflicting ideologies and beliefs: the Assassins, the Templars, the Royalists, the Nationalists, the San-Coullets, the Jacobins, the Conservatives, the Grindorins, the list went on. Each group claimed to know what was best for other- best for the world. Despite their supposed wisdom, their pride hid from them the cracks in their own beliefs and methods. All the experience in the world couldn't make up for such ignorance and pride. And ignorance and pride were never a strong combination...
"The name's Arno, Arno Dorian"
@Verite @Yun Lee

T'Challa, the Black Panther had been sitting at his desk when he had spotted an envelope hidden among papers of state. An invitation from Wanda Maximoff? They had been members on the Avengers at the same time, and there was some familiarity between them, but this certainly was interesting.

Dressed in his full panther get-up he'd rip open the envelope and read its contents. To meet her family? He knew of her...suffice to say convoluted family tree, but he wasn't quite sure what to make of this. Even so in the back of his mind he accepted the invitation and that was when he was whisked away to some place new. A mansion of some sort, filled to the brim with people. Some he knew most he didn't.

There were the would be twins, her family, or a simulacrum of sorts. T'Challa wasn't sure if he should mingle or stay back for the time being. Then however he spotted someone.​

"It's seems i'm not too late."

Stood foot steps could be heard join to the group. Quicksilver stopped his pacing and turned.

"Captain America! It's good you're here. My sister, she sent you a letter too?"

nvgZWVa.png

The captain stood forward, holding a wrapped gift. Looking at group, he responded to the speedster.

"Yes, and by the way things look, I wasn't the only one."

@Atomyk @Jeremi @York @thatguyinthestore @Otto @ verite @Gummi Bunnies @min

"Captain." A person he would risk his life for. A true companion in arms. T'Challa handed out his hand for a shake, it had after all been awhile since they last met. "I see you as well have been invited to this...gathering. Have you seen the Scarlet Witch yet?"​

@Atomyk @Josh M @Otto @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Gummi Bunnies

"I will not. Identify yourself." Adam's eyes narrowed, clear that he had been whisked away at an inopportune. But his thoughts became clear, it was today. His grip loosened, he remembered. The invitation. He had agreed to Wanda's invitation to her gathering and he realized that this place may have had something to do with it. His fists loosened into a neutral position as the memory came back to him, it was obscure but he did remember that he had agreed to go.

"My mistake. It seems that I did agree to a gathering. But I do not agree with how this was carried out." The lightning around him began to fade. "I seek answers."

He gave Beatrice a scoff, finding her nervousness to be quiet pitiful. "Keep your spine together. I merely thought it was another one of my enemies that had taken me into this place." He shook his head, crossing his arms once more as he looked around. "Who are you two? I have not seen you before. Though I have been keeping close to my homeland recently...Are you in league with the Wizard or the heroes of earth?"

@Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk

NUrORr9.jpg

"You may call me Toffee. And no, I'm not from earth, but rather, the dimension of Mewni. Us monsters are native to that land." Toffee commented dryly in anal attempt to answer the man's question. With the situation handled for now, the Septarian would simple turn around and leave. "I'd ask for your name, though I doubt this is the last time we'll be speaking." Toffee said before finally making his way back to the group, just in time to hear the rest of the conversation.

xzb61t8.jpg

Toffee would remain silent as he listened to more people explain how they had met Wanda and such, only nodding his head and humming along with their words. That is, until Zenyatta happened to make himself known. "Ah yes, another voice of reason. There aren't many these days, I'm afraid." Toffee commented before offering to shake the robot's hand. "Toffee, native monster of Mewni. And you are...?"

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Yun Lee @Josh M @Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @York

Turning to Toffee, the Captain shook the monster's hand, introducing himself.

"Captain America, a pleasure. So how do you know wanda?"

The Avenger eyed the monster slightly. Something didn't feel right, however time would tell.
T'Challa, the Black Panther had been sitting at his desk when he had spotted an envelope hidden among papers of state. An invitation from Wanda Maximoff? They had been members on the Avengers at the same time, and there was some familiarity between them, but this certainly was interesting.

Dressed in his full panther get-up he'd rip open the envelope and read its contents. To meet her family? He knew of her...suffice to say convoluted family tree, but he wasn't quite sure what to make of this. Even so in the back of his mind he accepted the invitation and that was when he was whisked away to some place new. A mansion of some sort, filled to the brim with people. Some he knew most he didn't.

There were the would be twins, her family, or a simulacrum of sorts. T'Challa wasn't sure if he should mingle or stay back for the time being. Then however he spotted someone.​

"Captain." A person he would risk his life for. A true companion in arms. T'Challa handed out his hand for a shake, it had after all been awhile since they last met. "I see you as well have been invited to this...gathering. Have you seen the Scarlet Witch yet?"​

@Atomyk @Josh M @Otto @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Gummi Bunnies

"Black Panther. It's good to see you, T'challa."

Shaking hands with his old friend, Quicksilver nodded to the king.

"As for the Scarlet Witch? No. It seems no one has."

"Not even her own brother...."

Quicksiliver seemed angry, which itself wasn't new, still. The speedster could help but be hurt. Wanda was his twin, yet the two never truly had an unbreakable bound. Punching a wall, Peitro let his feelings be known
Quicksilver-Marvel-Comics-Avengers-X-Factor-gisted-b.jpg

"Damn this woman! Why is she the way she is? Captain, Black Panther. You two know about my sisters...... flaws. Sooner she shows up, the better "

"Pietro calm down. I know your worried about your sister, but you need to stay calm. I trust Wanda. Always have, always will."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Yun Lee @Otto @Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @York

@Kaykay @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York

Last edited:

"Captain America, a pleasure."

The Avenger eyed the monster slightly. Something didn't feel right, however time would tell.

Quicksiliver seemed angry, which itself wasn't new, still. The speedster could help but be hurt. Wanda was his twin, yet the two never truly had an unbreakable bound. Punching a wall, Peitro let his feelings be known

"Damn this woman! Why is she the way she is? Captain, Black Panther. You two know about my sisters...... flaws. Sooner she shows up, the better "

"Pietro calm down. I know your worried about your sister, but you need to stay calm. I trust Wanda. Always have, always will."

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Yun Lee @Otto @Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @York

@Kaykay @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York
ZUIlF6i.jpg

"I assure you, Captain, the pleasure is all mine." Toffee said as he shook his hand. The meeting seemed to be cut short, however, as the man apparently named Pietro soon punched a wall. Toffee would have normally intervened, but it seemed that the Captain had it handled. Although, Toffee would place a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "The Captain is right, Pietro, was it? It is best to remain calm in a situation like this. Yelling and punching things gets us nowhere, besides destroyed property, of course." The Septarian mused, motioning to the crack that Pietro had left in the wall where he had punched it.

"Captain America, a pleasure. So how do you know wanda?"

Quicksilver-Marvel-Comics-Avengers-X-Factor-gisted-b.jpg

"Like wise, old friend." Pietro's outburst was nothing new. The man was quick to anger and if his sister was involved then it was only a matter of time before he'd explode. "Perhaps then Captain you have some insight on these...'family' of hers." T'Challa had interpreted the family to be her flesh and blood, in the broadest definition when it came to Speed and Wiccan. The fact that not even Quicksilver knew what was going on concerned the king greatly.​

ZUIlF6i.jpg

"I assure you, Captain, the pleasure is all mine." Toffee said as he shook his hand. The meeting seemed to be cut short, however, as the man apparently named Pietro soon punched a wall. Toffee would have normally intervened, but it seemed that the Captain had it handled. Although, Toffee would place a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "The Captain is right, Pietro, was it? It is best to remain calm in a situation like this. Yelling and punching things gets us nowhere, besides destroyed property, of course." The Septarian mused, motioning to the crack that Pietro had left in the wall where he had punched it.

The unknown face did not give T'Challa any feeling of warm comradery. In fact, the kind words made him even more weary. "Captain America asked you a question." T'Challa said to Toffee with the authority of a king. "I'd be curious to hear that tale as well."​

"Like wise, old friend." Pietro's outburst was nothing new. The man was quick to anger and if his sister was involved then it was only a matter of time before he'd explode. "Perhaps then Captain you have some insight on these...'family' of hers." T'Challa had interpreted the family to be her flesh and blood, in the broadest definition when it came to Speed and Wiccan. The fact that not even Quicksilver knew what was going on concerned the king greatly.​

The unknown face did not give T'Challa any feeling of warm comradery. In fact, the kind words made him even more weary. "Captain America asked you a question." T'Challa said to Toffee with the authority of a king. "I'd be curious to hear that tale as well."​

irnJTpA.jpg

"Why of course. I must have not heard the Captain's inquiry, my mistake." Toffee said politely, though he was lying. He just didn't feel like explaining how he met Wanda a fourth time, but alas. "Ms. Maximoff and I met quite a long time ago. She provided me with the necessary details which would help me with a project I've had in the works for quite some time now." Toffee replied with a shrug. He could obviously tell that the people here were growing weary of him, which irked him greatly, though he didn't show it. It appeared that monster prejudice wasn't exclusive to Mewni.

Noembelu shook Nono's hand. Her handshake was stiff, but she did try to smile. Nono really was terrified. Honestly, it reminded her of Marz, the way Nono acted. Marz...just remembering the name made it hard to even fake a smile. She was the only Doll who didn't make it. "Huh?" She'd been so lost in thought, Noembelu hadn't even realized Nono asked her a question. "Oh. Yes, two months ago." Hopefully no one wanted any details.

To Zenyatta, Noembelu would give him a rather curious look. Honda had mentioned this robot had calmed him down at some point, and honestly, considering he was dressed like a Buddhist monk, she could believe it. Especially with that greeting. It was like...like he knew. It was really weird. But she'd talked enough now. It was time to just listen.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Yun Lee @Otto @Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay @thatguyinthestore

ZUIlF6i.jpg

Quicksilver gave the monster a glare as he stood among his fellow avengers. Wanda and Pietro never had the best relationship. but they were twins. Wanda was his little sister. even if was only "little" by minutes. What could he say? Wanda was always slower than him. He didn't say anything, however nodded again to the king.

Captain America shook his head. To be honest, T'challa's question was more than fair. Wanda and Steve always had been close friends. As much as he didn't like the idea of her lack of trust in her brother, he wouldn't blame her

"I'm afraid i'm in the dark as much as everyone her, Black Panther. I tried contacting her, but I thought she just wanted to be alone due to her not responding. I should have known. I knew she was upset about some causalities during her work with the coalition. In retrospect, this was different. She was more on edge. I just missed that, I guess."

Josephine meanwhile looked around the room, her eyes soaking in the surroundings. As she was wandering, a vase of flowers caught her eyes. Speaking to no one specific, she would draw attention the them​
latest

"Hmm. What pretty flowers, but they seem almost, dead. However they're clearly alive."

@Kaykay @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York @Otto @thatguyinthestore

Marcus Wright Prologue

Marcus eyed where he was and blinked. The cyborg eyed the almost stretched out room and eyed the various people.

Where am.. I? This isn't the Skynet war.

I remember Wanda's invitation, however.

@Takumi @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @CataclysmicMandala @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu @Jeremi @

[fieldbox="Prologue, goldenrod, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

Please read the following spoilers for a backstory comic.

[spoili]
J4yjfY3.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
5oiaTkH.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
bGFd4Ax.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
oyUgMEZ.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
xjDXvqK.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
iw4y61W.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
bonQZge.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
Vb69tMT.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
SEi8dsB.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
wc1DM8j.jpg
[/spoili]

maxresdefault.jpg

Roaming throughout the Maw, Six finally finds the Lady's quarters, searching around for any clues or ways that might help her escape. The room was dark and cold compared to the other locations of the Maw as she could see the fog that her breath produced. There were pieces of glass everywhere as all the mirrors in the room were shattered. It was an odd sight to Six as she did not know the Lady's purpose in destroying the mirrors as the woman was not as horrific in sight as the Guests. Using the flame of her lighter, she used the dimmed light to continue her search. Six would approach a strange statue that sat far away in the corner of the room. It strangely reminded her of the Lady sending a shiver throughout her body.

cIstYEI.png

Beneath the statue, the little girl noticed a note that seemed like an invitation of some sort. The note talked about a woman and introducing the woman's family. After she had finished reading the note, the little girl recalled a strange woman boarding the Maw who spoke to the Lady. She was a woman who did not appear like the rest of the Guests. While she hid from their sight, Six overheard their conversation as the woman introduced herself as Wanda. Before she was able to hear Wanda's purpose for visiting the Maw, a Guest had nearly caught the little girl which caused a loud commotion. She had to retreat back into the depths of the floors and pipes to hide from the Guests and the Lady. Looking at the invitation, it was written that the person accepting would be transported to another dimension. It could have been a way to escape. Six accepted the invitation even if it was not meant for her. This was her chance to finally leave and hope for a better life. It only took one blink for her to fall deep into the darkness.
[/fieldbox]
Please see the group's General Chat / RP Discussion / Discord Server for OOC talk.
Please see the wiki for more info. Sign-ups can be found here.

Prologue
"Behind Closed Doors"

At a time indeterminate...

Blood dripped down on to the stairwell and loud footsteps slammed against the floor. A primal scream of anger rang out as Edmond Honda closed the door. He'd tried to put her to sleep by drugging her tea. It was supposed to work. But the girl...

Honda was bleeding out, badly. He could hear the witch coming. A door outside on the upper floor rattled and shook.

"Edmond! Come back here, you Judas!"

This was bad. This was really bad. Honda had feared for his life before, but never like this. Holding the doorknob tight, he ignored the blood seeping from the wound on his shoulder. How ironic that it was the old scar Jason Voorhees had left him, now open again.

His eyes darted around the room. There had to be something, anything, he could use. He couldn't hold this door much longer... huh? There! On the floor, glittering as if calling out to him, was a knife. It looked like a knife from the kitchen. Honda gulped. He really didn't want to... but Wanda needed help. If drugging her didn't work, he had no other choice.

Three... two... one... GO! Honda made a dive for the knife. Dumb move. "Gah!" He rolled onto his back, clutching his shoulder in pain, the wound pausing him long enough for Wanda to burst through the door. Her skin was sickly pale and her eyes held so much darkness.

Wanda... what happened to you?!

She was on him. She would kill him, if he wasn't careful. He loved his friend dearly, but he had seen her kill someone else before, someone dear to them, someone she'd never kill otherwise. "Wanda! Please! I just want to help-- AAAAUGH!!!!!"

Her hand dug into the wound, and he could only scream in agony. His senses were halted... but he couldn't afford that! His other hand felt the floor nearby, before landing on the knife. "I'm sorry..." he muttered, before stabbing Wanda in the arm, where he knew it wouldn't kill her. His goal was never to kill her, no; all Honda wanted to do was save her.

Reminded of his goal, Honda dropped the knife as he gained a surge of adrenaline, and grabbed Wanda by the arms, ignoring the pain in his shoulder. He could deal with that later. "Wanda! Listen to me! This is for your own GOOD!" On good, he threw her hard enough so that she went flying into the wall, before getting back onto his feet. "You need help, Wanda! Let me help you, damn it!!"

The wall collapsed as Wanda slammed into it. As the dust saddled, Wanda slowly stood up, a large wooden spike sticking out of her neck. She looked like she was staring into nothing as she pulled the wooden object from her body. It was so quiet now, a needle could drop. Now wielding the shrapnel, Wanda teleported in front of the sumo

"I need help? We offered you a gift! I offered you a family! I showed you kindness, and this is all I get? Betrayal!?"

Surprising the sumo, Wanda lifted him up with one arm and slammed him into the wall behind him. She aimed the shrapnel toward his neck and was ready to kill him when, suddenly, she stopped. As Wanda fell to her knees, Honda could see that the color of her skin and of her eyes had turned back to their normal hue.

"Oh god, Edmond. She's in me. I tried to help her, and now... she's all over me."

Wanda shivered as she spoke each word. She reached up to cry into the man's arm. After a moment, Wanda looked up at him.

"I'm scared, Edmond. I'm so scared. You need to leave right now, please. You need to leave me."

"Wanda..." Honda smiled at her. "No way! I don't care how powerful she is, I'm not letting her take you! I lost you once Wanda, and no way will I lose you again!" He extended a hand to help her get up. "We need to get you to the Coalition, fast. I can let Noey know once we're out of here, and she can tell the others what's going on and get them out, too. But we need to get you away from here now-- away from her."

"Honda. You've always been good to me, but don't you get it? It's too late."

Suddenly, Wanda grabbed the Sumo, tossing him to the ground with ease, She grabbed the wooden spike once again and stood over Honda.

"I warned you."

Without hesitation, Wanda stabbed Honda over and over. Blood soon covered her from head to toe.

At a time in the present...

The invitation was scarce on details, but two things were clear: Wanda Maximoff was inviting you to a gathering, and she had a family for you to meet. The magic that transported you only activated upon your agreement to go, not taking into account whatever your reasons you had for agreeing to heed this strange invitation. A bright light enveloped you, and for the briefest moment, you felt like someone was pulling you. Your whole world went white, and you kept being pulled and pulled until--

You found yourself inside a spacious room that stretched on long enough to almost be considered a corridor. It seemed to be a well-lit waiting room of sorts, with lots of comfortable seating. Various other halls and rooms connected to here, but there didn't seem to be any way to orient oneself. There was no door that seemed to be the entrance to the building and no visible window to the outside.

BLRTebJ.jpg

What was most clear was that you were not alone. Others were arriving via flashes of light, much like you had. There didn't appear to be anything obvious about them that connected them to each other.

One of the guests looks around at the others before letting out a heavy sigh. "I already don't like how this is looking," he said quietly. He looked boyish, about nineteen or twenty years old, as did the boy next to him.

vM6ymBe.png

"Billy? Ugh. Why am I stuck with you for everything nowadays?" he groaned, running a hand through his silver hair.

6CcqODk.png

The other boy crossed his arms. "I'm surprised you even came, Tommy."

"Yeah, well..." Tommy craned his head to take in the other guests. "When kind-of-sort-of-mom starts acting all weird, I figure I'm sort of obligated."

7vzrhdV.png

"..."

Meanwhile, another guest, Kyoko Kirigiri, leader of the private organization known as the Coalition in the wake of its civil war, stayed reticent, not engaging with anyone for the moment. Rather, she stuck to her own private thoughts, only taking the briefest moment to examine the others around, recognizing some, and having no idea on who others were. This whole situation was strange, yet admittedly fascinating. Despite her responsibilities as the leader, Kyoko managed to find a way to take time off to visit the place Wanda had invited to, mostly involving placing her "dear" old friend Byakuya Togami in charge in her absence, considering she didn't trust anyone else to handle the responsibility. Besides, Byakuya was literally born a progeny. Organization management was practically his specialty. Even then, however, Kyoko would have sooner suggested Makoto, but he had mysteriously come out of contact in recent days.

... Come to think of it, Wanda had also been difficult to contact lately. Her invitation had come out of the blue, and issued so casually, as though nothing wrong had ever happened. The statement about her "family" mystified Kyoko; the Scarlet Witch had always been somewhat private when it came to talking about her family in the brief time Kyoko had known her, but it seemed like a sore subject that did not need to be pried into, so the Ultimate Detective refrained.

So here she was now, attending the event more out of curiosity for what could be going on with Wanda than anything else. Maybe if she was lucky, she'd also meet Makoto there too, and ask him just what the heck was going on. Granted, communication between the two had become strained ever since the Coalition Civil War, but... It was just something the two of them were in the process of working through.

Near Kyoko was another woman, dressed to the nines. She looked around worriedly for a moment before taking a deep breath.

KgrnCFi.jpg

"Leader Kyoko..."

Her name was Josephine Montilyet and she had joined the Coalition after gaining her memories of a strange experience in a location known only as the Dark Place. She held no attachment to Wanda, but as an ambassador for the Coalition and her home world's Inquisition, Josephine figured it was about time she attended formal excursions such as these.

Sighing, Josephine sat down on one of the chairs and looked at the Coalition leader.

"Do you have a bad feeling about this? I must admit, this house, a lovely as it... it's, how do you say? Off."

After Josephine spoke, a blur rushed by her and toward the boys. A gust of air whirled by as he stopped.

44AWmkv.png

"My sister, your mother-- what foolishness has she gotten herself into now?"

Turning to the two women from the Coalition, he added, "hmph. What has she gotten all of us into?"

Tommy groaned. "Great, the kind-of-sort-of-uncle is here too. Family reunion?"

"... Yes. I feel the same way, Josephine," Kyoko said, putting a finger to her chin and giving a nod. So she wasn't the only one with suspicions. It didn't take a detective to know that there was something off about this whole situation, but Kyoko struggled to find a definite reason. Wanda had yet to show up, the lady herself being the most mysterious thing about this. Were she and Makoto in on something even the leader of the Coalition was out of the loop on? She didn't like it one bit.

She nodded towards Pietro, Wanda's brother, also known as Quicksilver. Indeed, it was like a classic, old dark house set-up, like the old film or the famous Agatha Christie novel. Everyone gathered to a mysterious home, wondering just what was going on. The only thing missing from the intrigue was... An extra, macabre detail that she wouldn't even entertain the thought of. There'd been too much of that in Kyoko's life already as it was. She could go another lifetime without any more of that of course.

"Your guess is as good as mine. Until we see Wanda, there's really no telling why she gathered us all here. I assume she didn't mean you, Billy, and Tommy when she asked to meet her... family."

Billy shook his head. "I don't think so. I assume you received an invitation?" Billy paused as Kyoko nodded her assent. "Right, well, mine said she wanted me to meet her family. I didn't really get it, so that's why I had to come. She can't possibly mean for all these people to meet me or Tommy..." He looked around at the others gathered, recognizing a few familiar faces. It was obvious what a few of them were doing here, but there had to be a connection between them all, right?

"Hey, uh..." Billy cleared his throat before raising his voice in hopes of getting the attention of everyone in the waiting room. "I have to ask, did everyone here receive an invitation? Or at least, know someone who did? You all must know the Scarlet Witch, right?"

Cast List
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]​

wW7DKya.png

The small girl just stood there in silent, watching the rest of the peculiar people gathered in the strange room. She was a bit confused as those around her were not giants but a reasonable size. Six understood that she was still small compared to them; however, none were disfigured or humongous in weight like the Guests that stayed in the Maw. She waited to see what would happen.

Spartan-B312's cunning hearing was able to cut out the more important parts of each individual's conversation. The host's name is Wanda Maximoff, known as the Scarlet Witch. Apparently she's been traveling between worlds getting into all kinds of situations. Some similar to his own, but he couldn't help there was a deeper purpose.

His sharp eyes locked on to the white haired Caucasian who called himself "Speed" and his friend Leon, watching them meet and greet. Clearly as if he were standing right beside them he could hear them talking, and took mental notes. The Spartanwould remain silent and to himself a bit longer until the situation changed. So far mingling would be the only action to take.

The human terminator made his way toward the strange all armored guy named Spartan 312 and another strange man who was named speed and his friend.

Marcus looked amazingly like a human for being a terminator.

"Anybody know what time and area I stumbled into?! Also I presume you three got invited by Wanda as well."

@Seishin Ryuu @Leon Moretti

irnJTpA.jpg

"Why of course. I must have not heard the Captain's inquiry, my mistake." Toffee said politely, though he was lying. He just didn't feel like explaining how he met Wanda a fourth time, but alas. "Ms. Maximoff and I met quite a long time ago. She provided me with the necessary details which would help me with a project I've had in the works for quite some time now." Toffee replied with a shrug. He could obviously tell that the people here were growing weary of him, which irked him greatly, though he didn't show it. It appeared that monster prejudice wasn't exclusive to Mewni.

As vague of an explanation as any, T'Challa thought to himself as he seized up Toffee. "I see..." He didn't have much else to say to him just yet anyways.​

Quicksilver gave the monster a glare as he stood among his fellow avengers. Wanda and Pietro never had the best relationship. but they were twins. Wanda was his little sister. even if was only "little" by minutes. What could he say? Wanda was always slower than him. He didn't say anything, however nodded again to the king.

Captain America shook his head. To be honest, T'challa's question was more than fair. Wanda and Steve always had been close friends. As much as he didn't like the idea of her lack of trust in her brother, he wouldn't blame her

"I'm afraid i'm in the dark as much as everyone her, Black Panther. I tried contacting her, but I thought she just wanted to be alone due to her not responding. I should have known. I knew she was upset about some causalities during her work with the coalition. In retrospect, this was different. She was more on edge. I just missed that, I guess."

Josephine meanwhile looked around the room, her eyes soaking in the surroundings. As she was wandering, a vase of flowers caught her eyes. Speaking to no one specific, she would draw attention the them​
latest

"Hmm. What pretty flowers, but they seem almost, dead. However they're clearly alive."

@Kaykay @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York @Otto @thatguyinthestore

"...The Coalition?" Something that Black Panther hadn't heard about quipped his interest. What organization was this? "Then we will be left in the dark until our illustrious hostess makes an appearance." Considering how this all looked T'Challa wasn't sure her arrival signaled this to become anymore clearer at least.​

@Josh M @Verite @Atomyk @Crow @York @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore

Well, this was a mess. There seemed to be no clear leader of this new group yet, and it had formed into several subgroups. Saeko decided to approach Phil, who seemed the most familiar to someone from her homeworld. He seemed like the type who would work at a bar or be a News Broadcaster.

"It's a man's duty and a woman's privilege to take control in chaos." Who knows what the hell that was supposed to mean. It was just one of her phrases. "I am Saeko Busujima." She said, putting her hand on the hilt of her sword again.

As vague of an explanation as any, T'Challa thought to himself as he seized up Toffee. "I see..." He didn't have much else to say to him just yet anyways.​

"...The Coalition?" Something that Black Panther hadn't heard about quipped his interest. What organization was this? "Then we will be left in the dark until our illustrious hostess makes an appearance." Considering how this all looked T'Challa wasn't sure her arrival signaled this to become anymore clearer at least.​

@Josh M @Verite @Atomyk @Crow @York @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore

latest

JdT66Ir.jpg

The mention of a 'Coalition' piqued Toffee's interest, to say the least. Turning then turned to look at the Captain, his stoney-faced expression still remaining on his face. "Coalition, you say? Tell me, what is this organization you speak of? If you don't mind, of course." Toffee asked, trying to keep things subtle as to not unnerve these people more than his appearance alone already has.

CFoKqU4.png

Tommy didn't really get what the deal was here, but he obliged Leon by accepting the handshake. "Full name, huh? I'm Tommy, better known as Speed." He grinned slightly. "I guess you're here for a party the Scarlet Witch is hosting. Er, that's Wanda Maximoff. Name ring any bells? Not sure why you didn't get an invite, but I believe some people are here as other's guests or something like that."

Someone then caught Tommy's eye, and he turned slightly to view the armored man watching the others from a distance. Tommy looked back to Len and gestured toward the mysterious man with a nod. "Doesn't seem chatty, does he? Every party's gotta have a shy guest, right? But I'm not sure what a guy would have to be shy of decked out in that gear. You think it's suspicious?"

Tommy wasn't being entirely serious, but he certainly wouldn't have minded if he was taken seriously.

@Leon Moretti @Seishin Ryuu

Leon looked towards the strange armored man. "Possibly just situational awareness? I mean, it wouldn't really be a surprise." He said to Tommy as he thought about what he said concerning the invitation.

"Her name doesn't ring a bell." He paused for a moment to collect his thought process. "But if I'm someone's plus one, I might know who that person may be. Did you happen to see a Mason Moretti around?"
@Atomyk @Seishin Ryuu @Mason Moretti

He gave Beatrice a scoff, finding her nervousness to be quiet pitiful. "Keep your spine together. I merely thought it was another one of my enemies that had taken me into this place." He shook his head, crossing his arms once more as he looked around. "Who are you two? I have not seen you before. Though I have been keeping close to my homeland recently...Are you in league with the Wizard or the heroes of earth?"

@Kaykay @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk

Biting her lower lip as Adam seemed to look down on her, Beatrice just made a slight pout. Well, at least she'd kept the peace as intended, and that was really what mattered when it came down to it. Still, it wouldn't have hurt anyone to respond a little more kindly, would it?

"Call me Beatrice. Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen." The woman's voice seemed quite a bit more even compared to before. "And to your question, that depends on who you mean by 'wizard.'"
Noembelu shook her head. "I don't know anyone, no. The only people I would know are those from my Murder Game." And they wouldn't exactly be happy to see her. "I only know those from Bright Falls because of Honda. He told me everything about it."

@Kaykay @Verite @Crow @Takumi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

"A friend who's been around? Is this kind of invitation more popular than I'd anticipated?"
And then she turned to Beatrice, the self-conscious girl only inadvertently making herself stick out more, at least in the detective's point of view, but it was of little consequence. Hard to stick out in the long run next to the man as imposing as his lightning imagery.

kiri007.png

"I know... enough. But it looks like Wanda's met a lot of people even I don't know. She must have had an interesting self-assigned vacation if she's made so many... new friends."

@Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York

Beatrice scratched the back of her neck and smiled politely. When coming here she hadn't exactly expected this many people herself, but from the way the lavender-haired girl spoke she and Wanda must have been close.

"Vacation? Does she work for you or anything, Miss...?"

@Verite @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York

Status
Not open for further replies.