Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Epilogue Part Two
"Just a Memory Now"

There was a cry from somewhere distant. It seemed to come from somewhere ephemeral. Air shifted as a boy phased into existence and dropped to the ground with a yelp.

CrgTIBs.png

"What... even...?"

Having appeared next to Tommy, Pietro held his hand out to the boy to help him up.

159M7QN.png

"Whatever insidious thing took over my sister thought it best to isolate us specifically for our connections to Wanda and Billy."

"Is that so..." After standing with Pietro's help, Tommy groaned. "I feel like I was hit by a bus."

Meanwhile, Jude approached Kyoko and Makoto, holding up his hands. "Believe me, I have about as much idea what happened as you, Kyoko. Makoto and I, we got a letter from Wanda, just like you guys did. You can imagine what we ran into."

Makoto looked to Billy, who seemed to have fallen sleepily into Teddy's arms. "Mother was behind this, working from the dark place. That girl, Eveline, worked as her agent from this side, but I don't know exactly how. The Diver didn't say much. He just... Whatever happened here, he had to sacrifice himself for it to occur. I think Mother won't be a concern for a long time."

Jude nodded, but after a moment, he looked concerned. "That's all well and good, but what about Lucas and his game? As far as I can tell, he wasn't directly involved with whatever Eveline was doing."

Nearby, Owen tapped at his codex. "Seems to have turned off..."

"Before we continue... it's time to end this night's drama." Rising to her feet, Wanda glowed brightly. She wiped tears from her face and stared down Six and Black Adam. "We are finally free of what burdens us, and I shall not allow this to continue any further. Through my actions, controlled or not, I have caused the deaths of far too many. Here and now, I shall prevent all further bloodshed until we are free for good."

Wanda's magic flowed throughout the room, cutting everyone off from their powers once again. In this case, she gave a condition: their powers would return once they had left this twisted place for good. Considering the fighting, many in the room had no problems with this.

"That's right," announced a voice over Lucas' intercom. "Enough of this nonsense. You've left one matter hanging, so proceed through the elevator to complete this night's events."

It was not Lucas' voice, and whoever they were, what they said was intriguing. Makoto exchanged a glance with Kyoto. It couldn't be...?

"We're paying my dear brother a visit," said Zoe, who activated the elevator in the barn.

"That's right." Makoto nodded and moved to join her. "Once we've seen to him, we can look into getting a way out of here."

kiri032.png

"Indeed. I think I've seen enough of this place to last several lifetimes," Kyoko simply said, attempting to take the codex off as she spoke, following the group into the elevator once it appeared before them all. She found that, unfortunately, the codexes had not yet detached yet.

With the prospect of bringing Lucas to justice on the table, Wanda made sure that everyone was made to follow into the elevator. It wasn't exactly safe to leave anyone behind. Teddy carried Billy, who had passed out in exhaustion.

Makoto explained as best he could to the others what he had been able to ascertain. At the very least, it was clear an entity from a dark realm called Mother had been the cause for what occurred. When Makoto explained that Eveline had been working for Mother, Zoe spoke up, telling the group that Eveline was some kind of parasitic human. As far as she understood, Evie had been a weapon that infected the minds of others with some kind of mold, allowing her to take them over. It was this fate that fell upon Zoe's family and Wanda.

"There was a storm," Zoe was explaining. There was little else to do in the elevator. "A ship washed up in the nearby swamp, and my father rescued a woman and a little girl. That girl was Eveline. Everything changed that day, but somehow I..." Zoe sniffed. "Before she disappeared, that woman told me what she knew. That she had been guardin' Evie, a bio-weapon, when everything went wrong. She told me what Evie could do and how to make the serum that'd cure the infected."

"That's what you were having me find," Bullet said.

"Yes... but that woman disappeared, and Wanda soon arrived. It was too hard then for me to leave my trailer. There was nothing I could do."

kiri026.png

"So then... Wanda was affected by the bio-weapon, Evie? If she was driven mad by whatever was afflicted upon her, I suppose that connects a few dots."

Wanda looked down at her feet, unable to speak.

The elevator came to a stop. With a heavy sigh, Zoe led the group into the next room, where a hidden door continued on to a narrow hallway. "His damn control center is just this way."

When the group arrived at a room filled to the brim with monitors and electronic equipment, they didn't find Lucas. Instead, when the male sitting in the swivel chair spun around, only a few in the group recognized him.

"Brennan?" Owen gasped, looking confused at his own memory recall again.

"Brennan" sighed.

fbiZIdu.png

"No, my name is not Brennan. It is Byakuya Togami. Don't forget it this time, Damien."

"My name isn't--"

"Byakuya!" Makoto stepped forward, confused. "How are you here? Where's Lucas?"

"I think you can afford to wager a few guesses, Makoto," Kyoko said, crossing her arms as she glared at Byakuya, masking her surprise surprisingly well with her gaze, "I know I can. I'm not in the mood for coy games right now, Byakuya, so I'd appreciate it if you speak very directly from here on out, lest you want to test my patience," she spoke boldly, as though passively flaunting the authority she held over him. The authority as the leader of the Coalition.

Byakuya did not look particularly pleased with what Kyoko had to say, but he did not speak out against her. Instead, he went to answer the most simple question first.

"Lucas is gone. He ran the moment Eveline appeared in the barn. I am here because I knew you would come to this point eventually. I watched Lucas on the monitors until he was out of sight, but I knew there was no point in going after him."

"Well, why not?!" Teddy exclaimed.

"Because he was always going to get away. At least, if things went the way they were supposed to. And, of course, they did."

There was silence for a moment, but eventually, Bullet broke it. "... Who is this guy and why should I trust him? As far as I can tell, the motherfucker is in the right spot to have been helping Lucas all along."

Makoto stepped between Byakuya and the group, holding his hands up to everyone. "Listen, Byakuya is a respected member of a private organization dedicated to protecting all our worlds! I trust him with my life... and so should all of you!"

hWMU2tw.png

Byakuya didn't seem touched by Makoto's sentiment. "... I would like some protection while I explain the situation. The last thing we need is an angry mob forcing a situation to remain unresolved."

"Very well," said Captain America. Byakuya nodded to him.

"Makoto is right to put his trust in me, for if it was not for what I have done, we would all already be dead. The dark place would be open, and all the entities that lurk within would have been free to cause chaos across all of reality."

"... The hell do you mean?" Bullet asked. She gestured in frustration with her hands. "I don't understand any of this shit at all. Who the fuck is Mother? Why should I care?"

"Of course you don't understand," Byakuya said, "it is probably beyond your understanding." Bullet looked angry at that, but Byakuya talked over her, saying something that quickly shut her up. "You died once, within the dark place. So did Damien, or whatever his real name is, and so did Klim. Twice." The trio exchanged strange looks. "The dark place is a realm where certain entities lurk. They are trapped by a seal, and so try to lure victims inside their realm to use as hosts. You three are just a few of these victims."

"But what does this have to do with your involvement?" Makoto asked.

"And here I thought you were a patient one, Naegi. I'll do as Kirigiri asked and cut to the chase. You'll soon see how it all connects." He gestured to Lucas' equipment. "I had no hand in Lucas' game. However, I am indeed at fault, for it was I who sent out your invitations."

"... W-What...?"

"You son of a bitch--!"

Wanda threatened both Byakuya and the group with her magic. "Let him finish."

As yelling began to rang out, Steve hesitated. He wanted to be angry as well, but he had promised to let the boy explain. He stood as a black against any threats. "We need to listen to the end!"

8ebknDK.png

"That you do." Byakuya looked momentarily at odds with himself, but he eventually managed to continue. "Wanda, of course, was already infected by the bio-weapon. She was forced to write the letters in order to grow the 'family,' but Wanda resisted in sending them. I completed the task to facilitate the events of this night, thus leading Billy Kaplan in achieving a sort of destiny that had been laid out before him."

"Destiny? What are you...?" Kyoko inquired in confusion, wondering what Billy had to do with this plan. Even being as direct as he could, Byakuya continued to mystify even the Ultimate Detective, up until he further elaborated.

Teddy, holding Billy just a bit closer, let out a deep breath. "Is that what was going on with the orb?"

"A future instance of Billy Kaplan, known as the Demiurge, planted a seed in a man. This man became the Diver, who fought against the darkness until this day, where the present instance of Billy Kaplan germinated the seed, creating the seal on the dark place. The seal that has always existed, since, presumably, the beginning of our reality and the dark place."

"You're saying..." Teddy tried to think of the rights words for this. "... You're saying that, if the events of this night did not occur, that seal would cease to exist, because it was created on this specific night?"

Makoto swallowed roughly. "And... how did you know about this, Byakuya?"

"I found a report within our records of this very incident. All the details were there. At some point, we will write a new report and through some means, send it to the past."

"The Bootstrap Paradox..." Sigma said aloud.

kirigiri_11.png

"..."

Kyoko could only try to deeply ponder the implications of Byakuya's words, taking into account that it must have been the truth considering all the effort he must have gone through to orchestrate this chain of events. There came a point where she couldn't even bring herself to be that angry with him; if it was all destined to happen, then for all intents and purposes, he didn't do anything "wrong."

Still, the implications of the binds of fate were uncomfortable ones. Implications that not even Kyoko would have liked to entertain. That was a debate for another time.

Byakuya shook his head. "It could have been a trap, or a joke, or an error, but I, Byakuya Togami, was not about to leave a possible threat such as this."

"But... you could have told someone! One of us!" Makoto exclaimed.

"Hmph." Byakuya scoffed. "Not with our leader involved. Someone not mentioned in the report had to make it happen. That someone was me."

kirigiri_3.png

"So that's what happens when I put you in charge. Whether it's a business or an organization, you run these things like it's a game, don't you?" She spoke in a neutral, yet lightly perplexed tone, as though even she was unable to tell if she was irritated or impressed with Byakuya's foresight. Regardless, she let out a sigh, brushing aside some stray hair.

"I guess the three of us seem to have different approaches when we're in the position of leadership."

"Perhaps that is so. But we all do what we must, in the end. The Togami bloodline does not shy from necessary action. On this night, a group had to arrive. Their combined despair brought Mother to power, spurring Billy Kaplan toward his fate. Those who were killed had their souls drawn between Wanda's illusionary world and the dark place, but Billy anchored them back to the living. From this point on, no one knows what the future holds."

Byakuya looked to Black Adam. "The private organization Makoto speaks... We do not abide by mass murderers. However, in this particular case, you and any others who may have committed a crime upon being manipulated by Mother and trapped in Lucas' game are exempt from such concerns. You were under duress, obviously. However, someone must be brought to justice for this night, whatever that justice may be."

Byakuya held out his arms. "I, Byakuya Togami, submit myself to the Coalition for arrest. Kyoko, Makoto, you will find the tools necessary in removing the codexes within Lucas' belongings, as well as a multiverse communications device. It would seem that Lucas Baker had been in contact with a powerful organization, one that we likely consider an enemy. With it, you can contact headquarters and update them on your condition. As for the survivors..." Byakuya nodded to Wanda. "The invitations were cleverly designed. They only allowed for those who agreed to come to travel via its magic. All it would take to send everyone home is for Wanda to make it happen.

There was a somber mood in the air for a moment.

Wanda nodded. "Very well. Now that I know, it should be easy to figure out. Everyone, come to me when you wish to go home."

Bullet, Owen, Sigma, and so many others were simply exhausted. It was time to finally rest.

Cast List
@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Klein Ullyr Green [OC]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]​

Epilogue

T'Challa listened to Byakuya's explanation of the situation and the threat that had been looming over them during their stay here. "Wanda Maximoff has been rescued and man's mettle has been tested...some I would say did not survive said test." Even so everything seemed to be in order and T'Challa turned to face Wanda. "Whenever you are ready Wanda I am ready to return home to my kingdom and my people."

"Make that two." Captain America walked up next to him. "T'Challa, I meant what I said about explaining everything about the Coalition and with this over it's finally time for you to hear it from a friend."

T'Challa looked at Cap for a moment before nodding. "It would be a honor to have you as a guest."

Cap smiled in turn. "It's been awhile since the last time I came, thank you."

He gave out his hand for a shake that T'Challa reciprocated. "I believe this will mark the day for a big step in Wakandan history."​

And so there were none.

Znock5z.jpg

"Just like a marriage, not the healthiest, but may you be happy as Master and... uh... Kiyohime. I guess you'll both be returning to Reiner's World?" Nono asks Reiner and Kiyohime. Nono was a bit astonished by Kiyohime's expressions. They reminded her of her friend Mayu, and her relationship with her Producer. Maybe less one-sided, but that's besides the point.

"Thank you for the dance, Kiyohime. Until next time."

She walks towards Kyoko.

"Guess you'll be back to being busy, huh, Kyoko," Nono asks. "Morikubo is sorry if she didn't help too much, but... may we meet again in better circumstances. I'll just be here until my codex is removed. Be happy with Makoto and-"

Byakuya had offered himself to arrest.

"-will he be alright?" Nono asks as she points to Byakuya.

She approaches what was once Black Adam's little feud. "Phil, you're far from the best person, but Morikubo understands that you did what you could. Noembelu, tell Honda Morikubo said hi, and... well... I lived through this because I thought of you. I'm not too familiar with the rest of you but... take care."

Nono approached the Scarlet Witch. "Wanda, Morikubo has a request for you... after these codexes are removed and before heading home, of course. If it isn't too much. Morikubo would like to visit Shimada-san's grave... for the first time."

@York @The Batter @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M

"Not today, Nono."

Wanda's slowly stood up, walking to the little girl.

"I'm little drained to make side trips. How about you, kyoko, and go there when we can. We can get lunch while we're out."

Wanda smile, honest but put on. Looking Avengers teammates, the witch sighed as the guilt waved over her.

Reiner Braun
@Gummi Bunnies @Crow @The Batter

Though Reiner didn't seem to show it at first... Kiyohime's words really did make him feel alot better. Granted, he doubted he would ever forgive himself for his past actions, she wasn't wrong when she mentioned that he hadn't done anything like that during his time here. Not just that, but... For the first time in his life, he didn't have to lie... Not to himself, nor to others...

izOexzi.png

"... Th-... Thank you..." He said, seeming to be blinking rather rapidly suddenly.

It was still a little difficult to accept that he no longer had the responsibilities of a warrior weighing on his shoulders anymore, as long as he was here anyways. Nonetheless, it really did feel almost liberating, to be able to make his own decisions, rather than being forced along an undesireable path...

As the markings on his face, from his titan form began to heal over and fade away, he noticed that others approached. Particularly the Batter, and another, younger looking girl who had danced with Kiyo. Nono... Or so he remembered anyways. The Batter asking them if he was alright made him stop and think for a moment, before he answered.

"Yeah... I-... We're... Fine now." He said, even offering a faint, but... Genuine smile.

When Nono brought attention to the marking on his hand, Reiner looked a little surprised, suddenly recalling that this had happened right before he had transformed when he was... Dead... (Even thinking about it in context, that really does sound weird).

acBb2sw.png

"Ah... Right! What... Are those?" He asked, seeming to have been a little caught offguard when Kiyo grabbed his hand.

It seemed like he picked up rather quickly on the fact that Kiyo knew at least a thing or two about what those markings were.

Listening closely to what she said, he realized that these markings seemed to stand for something called "command spells"... Which meant that he had a contract with her, or in other words... He was her "master"...

He did recall their conversation at that dinner, and how she was originally going to disappear without one. Perhaps, with that knowledge, he had reacted impulsively, and offered to be her master as a result, but... Kiyo seemed awfully insistent on making sure what he said was sincere, and in the end... He couldn't help but smile as he answered.

TWAZ1ir.png

"Yes... Of course!" He said, realizing that with Kiyo to help guide him away from all that he had done in the past... He might have a chance of redeeming himself after all.

Making a fist with his free hand, he put it behind his back, and almost instinctively, was about to put his right hand to his heart, though he stopped... Realizing that Kiyo was still holding onto it, rather tightly in fact.

"For as long as you desire... I swear to be your master!" He proclaimed.

It almost felt like he was a soldier again, enlisting in the military for the first time... Only now... He no longer had any duties as a warrior, nor a soldier binding him. Every decision he made from here on, would be his own...

Continued from here.

Epilogue Part Two
"Just a Memory Now"

There was a cry from somewhere distant. It seemed to come from somewhere ephemeral. Air shifted as a boy phased into existence and dropped to the ground with a yelp.

CrgTIBs.png

"What... even...?"

Having appeared next to Tommy, Pietro held his hand out to the boy to help him up.

159M7QN.png

"Whatever insidious thing took over my sister thought it best to isolate us specifically for our connections to Wanda and Billy."

"Is that so..." After standing with Pietro's help, Tommy groaned. "I feel like I was hit by a bus."

Meanwhile, Jude approached Kyoko and Makoto, holding up his hands. "Believe me, I have about as much idea what happened as you, Kyoko. Makoto and I, we got a letter from Wanda, just like you guys did. You can imagine what we ran into."

Makoto looked to Billy, who seemed to have fallen sleepily into Teddy's arms. "Mother was behind this, working from the dark place. That girl, Eveline, worked as her agent from this side, but I don't know exactly how. The Diver didn't say much. He just... Whatever happened here, he had to sacrifice himself for it to occur. I think Mother won't be a concern for a long time."

Jude nodded, but after a moment, he looked concerned. "That's all well and good, but what about Lucas and his game? As far as I can tell, he wasn't directly involved with whatever Eveline was doing."

"Before we continue... it's time to end this night's drama." Rising to her feet, Wanda glowed brightly. She wiped tears from her face and stared down Six and Black Adam. "We are finally free of what burdens us, and I shall not allow this to continue any further. Through my actions, controlled or not, I have caused the deaths of far too many. Here and now, I shall prevent all further bloodshed until we are free for good."

Wanda's magic flowed throughout the room, cutting everyone off from their powers once again. In this case, she gave a condition: their powers would return once they had left this twisted place for good. Considering the fighting, many in the room had no problems with this.

"That's right," announced a voice over Lucas' intercom. "Enough of this nonsense. You've left one matter hanging, so proceed through the elevator to complete this night's events."

It was not Lucas' voice, and whoever they were, what they said was intriguing. Makoto exchanged a glance with Kyoto. It couldn't be...?

"We're paying my dear brother a visit," said Zoe, who activated the elevator in the barn.

"That's right." Makoto nodded and moved to join her. "Once we've seen to him, we can look into getting a way out of here."

kiri032.png

"Indeed. I think I've seen enough of this place to last several lifetimes," Kyoko simply said, attempting to take the codex off as she spoke, following the group into the elevator once it appeared before them all. She found that, unfortunately, the codexes had not yet detached yet.

With the prospect of bringing Lucas to justice on the table, Wanda made sure that everyone was made to follow into the elevator. It wasn't exactly safe to leave anyone behind. Teddy carried Billy, who had passed out in exhaustion.

Makoto explained as best he could to the others what he had been able to ascertain. At the very least, it was clear an entity from a dark realm called Mother had been the cause for what occurred. When Makoto explained that Eveline had been working for Mother, Zoe spoke up, telling the group that Eveline was some kind of parasitic human. As far as she understood, Evie had been a weapon that infected the minds of others with some kind of mold, allowing her to take them over. It was this fate that fell upon Zoe's family and Wanda.

"There was a storm," Zoe was explaining. There was little else to do in the elevator. "A ship washed up in the nearby swamp, and my father rescued a woman and a little girl. That girl was Eveline. Everything changed that day, but somehow I..." Zoe sniffed. "Before she disappeared, that woman told me what she knew. That she had been guardin' Evie, a bio-weapon, when everything went wrong. She told me what Evie could do and how to make the serum that'd cure the infected."

"Yes... but that woman disappeared, and Wanda soon arrived. It was too hard then for me to leave my trailer. There was nothing I could do."

kiri026.png

"So then... Wanda was affected by the bio-weapon, Evie? If she was driven mad by whatever was afflicted upon her, I suppose that connects a few dots."

The elevator came to a stop. With a heavy sigh, Zoe led the group into the next room, where a hidden door continued on to a narrow hallway. "His damn control center is just this way."

When the group arrived at a room filled to the brim with monitors and electronic equipment, they didn't find Lucas. Instead, when the male sitting in the swivel chair spun around, only a few in the group recognized him.

"Brennan" sighed.

fbiZIdu.png

"No, my name is not Brennan. It is Byakuya Togami. Don't forget it this time, Damien."

"My name isn't--"

"I think you can afford to wager a few guesses, Makoto," Kyoko said, crossing her arms as she glared at Byakuya, masking her surprise surprisingly well with her gaze, "I know I can. I'm not in the mood for coy games right now, Byakuya, so I'd appreciate it if you speak very directly from here on out, lest you want to test my patience," she spoke boldly, as though passively flaunting the authority she held over him. The authority as the leader of the Coalition.

Byakuya did not look particularly pleased with what Kyoko had to say, but he did not speak out against her. Instead, he went to answer the most simple question first.

"Lucas is gone. He ran the moment Eveline appeared in the barn. I am here because I knew you would come to this point eventually. I watched Lucas on the monitors until he was out of sight, but I knew there was no point in going after him."

"Because he was always going to get away. At least, if things went the way they were supposed to. And, of course, they did."

There was silence for a moment, but eventually, Bullet broke it. "... Who is this guy and why should I trust him? As far as I can tell, the motherfucker is in the right spot to have been helping Lucas all along."

Makoto stepped between Byakuya and the group, holding his hands up to everyone. "Listen, Byakuya is a respected member of a private organization dedicated to protecting all our worlds! I trust him with my life... and so should all of you!"

hWMU2tw.png

Byakuya didn't seem touched by Makoto's sentiment. "... I would like some protection while I explain the situation. The last thing we need is an angry mob forcing a situation to remain unresolved."

"Makoto is right to put his trust in me, for if it was not for what I have done, we would all already be dead. The dark place would be open, and all the entities that lurk within would have been free to cause chaos across all of reality."

"... The hell do you mean?" Bullet asked. She gestured in frustration with her hands. "I don't understand any of this shit at all. Who the fuck is Mother? Why should I care?"

"Of course you don't understand," Byakuya said, "it is probably beyond your understanding." Bullet looked angry at that, but Byakuya talked over her, saying something that quickly shut her up. "You died once, within the dark place. So did Damien, or whatever his real name is, and so did Klim. Twice." The trio exchanged strange looks. "The dark place is a realm where certain entities lurk. They are trapped by a seal, and so try to lure victims inside their realm to use as hosts. You three are just a few of these victims."

"And here I thought you were a patient one, Naegi. I'll do as Kirigiri asked and cut to the chase. You'll soon see how it all connects." He gestured to Lucas' equipment. "I had no hand in Lucas' game. However, I am indeed at fault, for it was I who sent out your invitations."

"... W-What...?"

"You son of a bitch--!"

As yelling began to rang out, Steve hesitated. He wanted to be angry as well, but he had promised to let the boy explain. He stood as a black against any threats. "We need to listen to the end!"

8ebknDK.png

"That you do." Byakuya looked momentarily at odds with himself, but he eventually managed to continue. "Wanda, of course, was already infected by the bio-weapon. She was forced to write the letters in order to grow the 'family,' but Wanda resisted in sending them. I completed the task to facilitate the events of this night, thus leading Billy Kaplan in achieving a sort of destiny that had been laid out before him."

"Destiny? What are you...?" Kyoko inquired in confusion, wondering what Billy had to do with this plan. Even being as direct as he could, Byakuya continued to mystify even the Ultimate Detective, up until he further elaborated.

Teddy, holding Billy just a bit closer, let out a deep breath. "Is that what was going on with the orb?"

"A future instance of Billy Kaplan, known as the Demiurge, planted a seed in a man. This man became the Diver, who fought against the darkness until this day, where the present instance of Billy Kaplan germinated the seed, creating the seal on the dark place. The seal that has always existed, since, presumably, the beginning of our reality and the dark place."

"You're saying..." Teddy tried to think of the rights words for this. "... You're saying that, if the events of this night did not occur, that seal would cease to exist, because it was created on this specific night?"

"I found a report within our records of this very incident. All the details were there. At some point, we will write a new report and through some means, send it to the past."

kirigiri_11.png

"..."

Kyoko could only try to deeply ponder the implications of Byakuya's words, taking into account that it must have been the truth considering all the effort he must have gone through to orchestrate this chain of events. There came a point where she couldn't even bring herself to be that angry with him; if it was all destined to happen, then for all intents and purposes, he didn't do anything "wrong."

Still, the implications of the binds of fate were uncomfortable ones. Implications that not even Kyoko would have liked to entertain. That was a debate for another time.

Byakuya shook his head. "It could have been a trap, or a joke, or an error, but I, Byakuya Togami, was not about to leave a possible threat such as this."

"Hmph." Byakuya scoffed. "Not with our leader involved. Someone not mentioned in the report had to make it happen. That someone was me."

kirigiri_3.png

"So that's what happens when I put you in charge. Whether it's a business or an organization, you run these things like it's a game, don't you?" She spoke in a neutral, yet lightly perplexed tone, as though even she was unable to tell if she was irritated or impressed with Byakuya's foresight. Regardless, she let out a sigh, brushing aside some stray hair.

"I guess the three of us seem to have different approaches when we're in the position of leadership."

"Perhaps that is so. But we all do what we must, in the end. The Togami bloodline does not shy from necessary action. On this night, a group had to arrive. Their combined despair brought Mother to power, spurring Billy Kaplan toward his fate. Those who were killed had their souls drawn between Wanda's illusionary world and the dark place, but Billy anchored them back to the living. From this point on, no one knows what the future holds."

Byakuya looked to Black Adam. "The private organization Makoto speaks... We do not abide by mass murderers. However, in this particular case, you and any others who may have committed a crime upon being manipulated by Mother and trapped in Lucas' game are exempt from such concerns. You were under duress, obviously. However, someone must be brought to justice for this night, whatever that justice may be."

Byakuya held out his arms. "I, Byakuya Togami, submit myself to the Coalition for arrest. Kyoko, Makoto, you will find the tools necessary in removing the codexes within Lucas' belongings, as well as a multiverse communications device. It would seem that Lucas Baker had been in contact with a powerful organization, one that we likely consider an enemy. With it, you can contact headquarters and update them on your condition. As for the survivors..." Byakuya nodded to Wanda. "The invitations were cleverly designed. They only allowed for those who agreed to come to travel via its magic. All it would take to send everyone home is for Wanda to make it happen.

Wanda nodded. "Very well. Now that I know, it should be easy to figure out. Everyone, come to me when you wish to go home."

Bullet, Owen, Sigma, and so many others were simply exhausted. It was time to finally rest.

Cast List

And so there were none.

Znock5z.jpg

"Just like a marriage, not the healthiest, but may you be happy as Master and... uh... Kiyohime. I guess you'll both be returning to Reiner's World?" Nono asks Reiner and Kiyohime. Nono was a bit astonished by Kiyohime's expressions. They reminded her of her friend Mayu, and her relationship with her Producer. Maybe less one-sided, but that's besides the point.

She walks towards Kyoko.

"Guess you'll be back to being busy, huh, Kyoko," Nono asks. "Morikubo is sorry if she didn't help too much, but... may we meet again in better circumstances. I'll just be here until my codex is removed. Be happy with Makoto and-"

She approaches what was once Black Adam's little feud. "Phil, you're far from the best person, but Morikubo understands that you did what you could. Noembelu, tell Honda Morikubo said hi, and... well... I lived through this because I thought of you. I'm not too familiar with the rest of you but... take care."

Nono approached the Scarlet Witch. "Wanda, Morikubo has a request for you... after these codexes are removed and before heading home, of course. If it isn't too much. Morikubo would like to visit Shimada-san's grave... for the first time."

@York @The Batter @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M
tumblr_oii5jiAauP1v3qowuo6_100.png

Then it's settled for sure! ❞ Kiyo sounded rather overjoyed to hear his answer. With still a somewhat tight grip on his hand, she was thinking that they shouldn't waste any time on going away from here in the case that something happening. However... she did remember about the Orleans Singularity that she was originally summoned into, according to the Chaldea agents there. She wasn't sure if the Singularity was still around, but if it was... maybe those people could help them out on where to go. Unless...

❝ Oh right, is there anywhere we can go? I don't mind exploring to somewhere new, but I want to know your opinion on traveling, Reiner.❞ Where to go from here... it was a bit unclear for them at the least. With this last moment of questions before they would go off somewhere, this was probably the time to say goodbye?

@York @The Batter @others

Amir adjusted her hold so Noembelu could move Six's arm. She nearly dropped the girl when she dug her nails into the womans skin, or into the cloth of her sleeves, so she was grateful for Noembelu's intervention.

"It looks like no one as anything for her. I find either solution a bit unfavorable." she sighed. She did notice that Six had calmed down in her arms at some point though, and looked down at the girl. She wasn't sure what to do really, the drink Phil offered made a bit more sense then his offer of sacrificing himself. Though she doubted either would really solve the problem.

"Although, it's all we have so far." llshe frowned but motioned towards Phil, more specifically the drink in his hands. Yet glanced up at Noembelu to see if she had any input to add to the weird situation.

@Yun Lee @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9

The Batter was listening to Reiner and Kiyohime talk to each other...as if nothing happened. He was fine by it though, he would rather have them alive again. The Batter then looks to Reiner and smiles. "Well, its good to have you both back alive...." The Batter then looks to Reiner arm, seeing the strange marking... He could sense an energy pulsating from it. 'Looks like he became her master...No wonder why I couldn't summon her...' The Batter then puts a hand on Reiner shoulder.

The Batter.jpg

"Well done, Reiner. You seemed to have succeeded at become the master. " The Batter did feel some envy of not becoming the master...but when he looked at the two of them...they reminded him of his family he once had. The family he cared so much about... He didn't want to ruin them as he did to himself... They deserve the chance... The Batter then looks to both of them and smiles. "Kiyohime, Reiner....I thank you both for your help as allies....and even maybe....as friends. Even though it has been not a long time, we have done many things. Now, I must go. Maybe we might see each other again....in another time.....in another world...until then... I wish you both the best of luck...." The Batter begins to slowly walk away. As he did, he then put his hand in his pocket. That when he remember....he still had Reiner's combat knife. The Batter turns around and walks back towards them. He stops right in front of Reiner and then grabs the knife from his pocket. "One more thing: I forgot to give you this. Its yours." The Batter then hands the knife to Reiner. There was also a coin attached to the knife. It looked strange. The Batter then looks to Kiyohime....he hopes they would both find happiness with each other.

The Batter then begins to walk away from them. The Batter then begins to think of what he would do next...He didn't know where to go. His home was gone.... He had no purpose going back there... The Batter had no purpose now... The Batter then stopped walking for a moment..... The Batter then stops in front of Wanda. The Batter was slient for a long time before finally speaking to Wanda... "Excuse me Wanda....but...can I ask you for a favor?" The Batter then takes a deep breath before speaking again. "Do you mind sending me somewhere else that to my world? My world has become empty now. I wish to find my purpose in this life. I feel that I need to go to other world to find that answer...do you think you can do that?" The Batter wait for her response. As he did, he thought about what would he do. Maybe he could find people similar to Reiner and Kiyohime...and maybe he might be able to actually find someone to teach his ways to as Reiner will do to Kiyohime. All he knows was....that this wasn't the end. It was only the beginning. The Batter smiled. He'll be going OFF on a new adventure and you know what? He couldn't wait to begin.

06dd01a793bd3c74575888a8d5608729.png

@Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @York @Atomyk

Phil Connors

Phil silently watched as Amir moved so that Noemblu could help. He doubted anyone would ever forgive him for what he had done, but he would try. One step at a time and one day at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day after all.

Phil didn't argue that either solution wasn't a good one- but they were all that they had. Sometimes you had to go with what you got lest you were doomed to not be able to help. He wished he had kept one of the flowers though sadly. He hoped his knowledge was correct and the alcoholic content of the bottle had been sped up in the fight in the green room and no other variable could play in.

Phil looked over at Amir and moved closer so that either Six or Noemblu could easily hold the glass. Of course, he could just as easily do it if Six didn't have any strength in her hands to do this stuff. He was silent, not wanting his words to fuck things up.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Glostechk

Continued from here.

Epilogue Part Two
"Just a Memory Now"

CrgTIBs.png

"What... even...?"

159M7QN.png

kiri032.png

kiri026.png

"Brennan" sighed.

fbiZIdu.png

"My name isn't--"

hWMU2tw.png

"... W-What...?"

"You son of a bitch--!"

8ebknDK.png

kirigiri_11.png

"..."

kirigiri_3.png

Cast List
And so there were none.

Znock5z.jpg

She walks towards Kyoko.

tumblr_oii5jiAauP1v3qowuo6_100.png

Then it's settled for sure! ❞ Kiyo sounded rather overjoyed to hear his answer. With still a somewhat tight grip on his hand, she was thinking that they shouldn't waste any time on going away from here in the case that something happening. However... she did remember about the Orleans Singularity that she was originally summoned into, according to the Chaldea agents there. She wasn't sure if the Singularity was still around, but if it was... maybe those people could help them out on where to go. Unless...

❝ Oh right, is there anywhere we can go? I don't mind exploring to somewhere new, but I want to know your opinion on traveling, Reiner.❞ Where to go from here... it was a bit unclear for them at the least. With this last moment of questions before they would go off somewhere, this was probably the time to say goodbye?

@York @The Batter @others
The Batter was listening to Reiner and Kiyohime talk to each other...as if nothing happened. He was fine by it though, he would rather have them alive again. The Batter then looks to Reiner and smiles. "Well, its good to have you both back alive...." The Batter then looks to Reiner arm, seeing the strange marking... He could sense an energy pulsating from it. 'Looks like he became her master...No wonder why I couldn't summon her...' The Batter then puts a hand on Reiner shoulder.

View attachment 144895

"Well done, Reiner. You seemed to have succeeded at become the master. " The Batter did feel some envy of not becoming the master...but when he looked at the two of them...they reminded him of his family he once had. The family he cared so much about... He didn't want to ruin them as he did to himself... They deserve the chance... The Batter then looks to both of them and smiles. "Kiyohime, Reiner....I thank you both for your help as allies....and even maybe....as friends. Even though it has been not a long time, we have done many things. Now, I must go. Maybe we might see each other again....in another time.....in another world...until then... I wish you both the best of luck...." The Batter begins to slowly walk away. As he did, he then put his hand in his pocket. That when he remember....he still had Reiner's combat knife. The Batter turns around and walks back towards them. He stops right in front of Reiner and then grabs the knife from his pocket. "One more thing: I forgot to give you this. Its yours." The Batter then hands the knife to Reiner. There was also a coin attached to the knife. It looked strange. The Batter then looks to Kiyohime....he hopes they would both find happiness with each other.

The Batter then begins to walk away from them. The Batter then begins to think of what he would do next...He didn't know where to go. His home was gone.... He had no purpose going back there... The Batter had no purpose now... The Batter then stopped walking for a moment..... The Batter then stops in front of Wanda. The Batter was slient for a long time before finally speaking to Wanda... "Excuse me Wanda....but...can I ask you for a favor?" The Batter then takes a deep breath before speaking again. "Do you mind sending me somewhere else that to my world? My world has become empty now. I wish to find my purpose in this life. I feel that I need to go to other world to find that answer...do you think you can do that?" The Batter wait for her response. As he did, he thought about what would he do. Maybe he could find people similar to Reiner and Kiyohime...and maybe he might be able to actually find someone to teach his ways to as Reiner will do to Kiyohime. All he knows was....that this wasn't the end. It was only the beginning. The Batter smiled. He'll be going OFF on a new adventure and you know what? He couldn't wait to begin.

View attachment 144900

@Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @York @Atomyk
Reiner Braun
@Gummi Bunnies @Crow @The Batter @Others?

Reiner didn't mind powers getting removed; it seemed like he didn't exactly need his at the moment... But as for others, well... That depends, really. Seems like there were a few out there who were really eager to fight despite the immediate threat being over, but at least removing powers spared him the trouble of having to intervene.

He listened closely as he, along with the others were lead around. What was revealed quickly allowed him to fill in his gaps in knowledge, and... Finally realize what had been the cause of Wanda's sudden fit of madness; Evie, though mother evidently had a part to play in it. However, to his surprise, it wasn't even Wanda that had ultimately sent those letters in the first place... In fact, it was the person they had found where Lucas once sat; Byakuya Togami.

Though, evidently his actions weren't exactly approved of, even if they were apparently neccessary, as they resulted in his arrest. A look of concern crossed his face at the prospect, but... In the end, trusting that those that he would be under the custody of would treat him well, he ended up giving Byakuya a nod, in respect... Even patting him on the shoulder just a little, before he turned back to Kiyo and Nono.

Honestly though, what Nono said about returning to his home world, and the master/servant thing being like a marriage ended up making him feel a bit awkward.

8Jhl2py.png

"Maybe... Somewhere else..." He mumbled sheepishly, it looked like he was even blushing a little just thinking about the marriage thing, which he seemed to just outright dodge the topic about.

Soon though, his attention was moved towards the Batter after Nono left to ask about what would happen to Byakuya... Which, was a fair question, but for now, he would have to trust that things will be handled in a civil manner.

TWAZ1ir.png

"Glad you made it too, friend. It was an honor meeting you." He said, trying to shake off the awkwardness from Nono's comment a little.

Nonetheless, it looked like, but it would appear that he had been holding onto his combat knife the entire time... Something that Reiner had nearly forgotten about; perhaps during all that had happened in his time in the dark place, from what he could gather anyways... It had just slipped his mind.

"Oh this? Thanks..." He said, eyeing the strange coin that was apparently attatched to it.

"Take care now... And... Don't lose sight of who you truly are." He added just before the Batter left, even giving him a quick wave.

While he didn't exactly know the full extent of the Batter's story, the little he could deduce from the Batter mentioning how his appearance was not his "true" form... Was that there was something more monstrous lurking within him. Perhaps it was some sort of deed in the past that made him this way, or maybe he was forced to do something he didn't like, but nonetheless... He could only hope the Batter was walking a better path now, like Reiner intended to himself.

Speaking of which, Kiyo, who looked overjoyed by his answer... Seemed to be wondering where they would go, and well, all things considered, he'd rather not bring her home, for both of their sakes. It was hard to say how his hometown would react, especially considering that they'd likely see her as a valuable asset to pit against humanity, something he'd rather not subject another to.

S0Rp9Ih.png

"Well... Do you think I'd have a place where you're... From?" He asked suddenly.

Perhaps returning with Kiyo to wherever she came from would be the best course of action; as much as he hated leaving behind the few comrades he still had behind... He realized that it would be impossible to return home given his current circumstances, at least without hundreds of complications.​

Phil Connors

Phil was silent as he placed the cup down before he went over to the stuff that had been stolen from. He took back his bottle of Xanax, his scarf, his watch and the other items that were taken. He stared at his phone before he popped two Xanax and looked over at Noemblu. " Would you want another one to calm down or are you okay? Also, I know I don't have a right to say this to you, but I do feel regret over what I did. You don't just kill people and have it not take a toll on you." Phil rolled up his sleeve to hide the monitor. He wasn't planning on taking it off. Four hits seemed an appropriate amount of health he should had before being injected with poison. He honestly only deserved one. He picked up the cup and took a deep breath. " I can tilt towards her and hopefully she drinks it. Does that sound good to you?"

@Glostechk @Yun Lee @Takumi

@Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.