Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey, no fair! Gimme some of those jewels" Lola pouted at Phil.

Whether Lola's greed would convince Phil or not was entirely up to him.

@LuckycoolHawk9
Little did Phil know, Toffee had taken one of the emeralds and pocketed it when he wasn't looking. How? Toffee is a sly lizard, that's how.​
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Flat-lined"

Once Toffee inserted the pass code, more than just the door opened. The whole wall started to sink down into the floor, revealing two interconnected rooms beyond. The first was a dining room, where a number of chairs were situated around a circular table. Rotten food was being served and the smell was instantly noticeable with the wall down.

Nq9VW33.jpg

"K-Kyoko...?"

Makoto stood to his feet and groaned. He wobbled slightly as he tried to step close to Kyoko. "Kyoko, what's going on? What happened?"

"Hey now!" Lucas said, his voice echoing. "Not so fast, pals. Before you take another step, I have something for you. A little gift... A little clarification. I heard you just now, talkin' 'bout me. Wondering how exactly your HP goes down... Well, you got me, it's not automatic. I just press a little button aaaand... Yep! I'm in control! If you thought you guys were good 'cause y'all still in the green, well, guess again! I wouldn't be so cruel to make it so just one knock on the head knocked you down to yellow. Y'see, it takes more than one thing to go down from green. Ain't that somethin'?"

Lucas broke out into a laugh, going on for a few good seconds. "Right... yeah, you're probably thinking, 'This guy's full of shit!' Welly well well, let me tell you something. I am tellin' you God's honest truth. How can I prove it to you? Well... Ah, yeah! I know the best thing! Now stay with me now-- Eeny, meeny, miny, moe... Catch a tiger by the toe... If he hollers, let 'im go..." Lucas took in a deep breath before saying the last part very fast. "EenymeenyminymoeIchooseyoutwotodie!"

The codexes beeped. It didn't take long to see that the heartbeat monitors on Dale Cooper's and Spartan-B312's codexes had flat-lined. In mere moment, both men were injected with a poison that caused them to fall to the ground in paralysis. They coughed and sputtered until, after just a minute, they were dead. Lucas laughed the entire time.

"Sucks to be them, huh? But now you know. I mean business. I'll let you take that in for just a moment. I'll be right back!"

With Lucas leaving the group waiting, there was nothing for them to do but think about the reality of the situation. If any were to dry and leave, they would find all the doors out of the dining room locked with large metal doors. There was an open kitchen connected to the dining room, but it seemed doubtful anything edible would be found there.

r5oKncv.jpg

@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Arno Victor Dorian [Assassin's Creed]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Midnight Maiden as Belle French [Once Upon a Time]
@dalecOoOoOoOoOper as Dale Bartholomew Cooper [Twin Peaks]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@Ryu Keiko as Koriand'r [DC Comics]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Bomb as Lola [Fairy Fencer F]
@dark as Marcus Wright [Terminator]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Percival of the Round Table [Sonic and the Black Knight]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse [OC]
@Gands as Raven Darkholme [X-Men Cinematic Universe]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Rumpelstiltskin [Once Upon a Time]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Seishin Ryuu as Spartan-B312 [Halo]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta [Overwatch]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]
c66Rc03.jpg

Unlike a few of the others who were watching, when Toffee saw Dale and the Spartan drop to the floor, he was still completely emotionless. There was no emotion in his eyes. No fear, no sadness, no anger, or even happiness. Just...

Nothing.

Instead, Toffee simply sighed when the man revealed that he was in control of their watches. Normally, Toffee wouldn't have cared all too much, but with his powers gone the lizard no longer possessed immortality. So for now, it seemed he would have to play along with this man's "game."
Marcus growled, when two folks fell to the ground, the green armored man and another appeared to be killed, just like lethal injection ,almost. The terminator appeared to be cursing at the man named Lucas and frowned. "Who the hell you think you are messing with our lives?"

The terminator looked over at the open door and frowned "Anybody planning on chancing this open door?"

@Atomyk @Everyone else

That wouldn't stop him from correcting stupidity, though.

dBvFqfv.jpg

"Perhaps the man didn't make it clear enough, but he is in control of whether we live or die. Maybe being rude towards him isn't the best idea, wouldn't you think?"

@Atomyk @dark @Bomb @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Crow

Phil Connors

Phil did notice, but he didn't care enough to argue with the lizard. He had already felt he had enough hate from black Adam. He tossed the remaining emerald at Lola and looked at her. He also tossed the other ruby at Mason. " Two of a kind." He was keeping the one and only sapphire to himself.

@thatguyinthestore @Bomb @Mason Moretti

Phil Connors

Phil did notice, but he didn't care enough to argue with the lizard. He had already felt he had enough hate from black Adam. He tossed the remaining emerald at Lola and looked at her. He also tossed the other ruby at Mason. " Two of a kind." He was keeping the one and only sapphire to himself.

"Whee! Thank you for your patronage! <3" Lola would thank Phil. At the very least, even if she didn't get as many as she had hoped, at least it was something.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Flat-lined"

Once Toffee inserted the pass code, more than just the door opened. The whole wall started to sink down into the floor, revealing two interconnected rooms beyond. The first was a dining room, where a number of chairs were situated around a circular table. Rotten food was being served and the smell was instantly noticeable with the wall down.

Nq9VW33.jpg

"K-Kyoko...?"

Makoto stood to his feet and groaned. He wobbled slightly as he tried to step close to Kyoko. "Kyoko, what's going on? What happened?"

"Hey now!" Lucas said, his voice echoing. "Not so fast, pals. Before you take another step, I have something for you. A little gift... A little clarification. I heard you just now, talkin' 'bout me. Wondering how exactly your HP goes down... Well, you got me, it's not automatic. I just press a little button aaaand... Yep! I'm in control! If you thought you guys were good 'cause y'all still in the green, well, guess again! I wouldn't be so cruel to make it so just one knock on the head knocked you down to yellow. Y'see, it takes more than one thing to go down from green. Ain't that somethin'?"

Lucas broke out into a laugh, going on for a few good seconds. "Right... yeah, you're probably thinking, 'This guy's full of shit!' Welly well well, let me tell you something. I am tellin' you God's honest truth. How can I prove it to you? Well... Ah, yeah! I know the best thing! Now stay with me now-- Eeny, meeny, miny, moe... Catch a tiger by the toe... If he hollers, let 'im go..." Lucas took in a deep breath before saying the last part very fast. "EenymeenyminymoeIchooseyoutwotodie!"

The codexes beeped. It didn't take long to see that the heartbeat monitors on Dale Cooper's and Spartan-B312's codexes had flat-lined. In mere moment, both men were injected with a poison that caused them to fall to the ground in paralysis. They coughed and sputtered until, after just a minute, they were dead. Lucas laughed the entire time.

"Sucks to be them, huh? But now you know. I mean business. I'll let you take that in for just a moment. I'll be right back!"

With Lucas leaving the group waiting, there was nothing for them to do but think about the reality of the situation. If any were to dry and leave, they would find all the doors out of the dining room locked with large metal doors. There was an open kitchen connected to the dining room, but it seemed doubtful anything edible would be found there.

r5oKncv.jpg

Leon just couldn't believe what he saw, that crazy maniac killed two people at random. Which made him realize he could be killed at any point during this, any of them could. He looked around the dining room for anything of interest. If lucky, something that could help them get out of this mess.

@ANYONE

Phil Connors

"Thanks," Mason simply said as he caught the ruby and pocketed it. He continued looking through the drawers.

"Oh. So you're doing the same thing, huh, Lola?"
@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Bomb

Little did Phil know, Toffee had taken one of the emeralds and pocketed it when he wasn't looking. How? Toffee is a sly lizard, that's how.​

c66Rc03.jpg

Unlike a few of the others who were watching, when Toffee saw Dale and the Spartan drop to the floor, he was still completely emotionless. There was no emotion in his eyes. No fear, no sadness, no anger, or even happiness. Just...

Nothing.

Instead, Toffee simply sighed when the man revealed that he was in control of their watches. Normally, Toffee wouldn't have cared all too much, but with his powers gone the lizard no longer possessed immortality. So for now, it seemed he would have to play along with this man's "game."

That wouldn't stop him from correcting stupidity, though.

dBvFqfv.jpg

"Perhaps the man didn't make it clear enough, but he is in control of whether we live or die. Maybe being rude towards him isn't the best idea, wouldn't you think?"

The terminator eyed Toffee and frowned, closing his eyes for a second. "So did Skynet. "

"Fine, then, i'll shut my mouth until I have something better to say."

jAsR0ZE.png

"J-Jesus... what a fucking joke, am I right?" Tommy's voice shook as he took a few cautious steps away from the two corpses. He sounded angry and confused. He didn't know how all this fit together or why it was happening at all. "How the hell are we supposed to... how do we..." The boy shook his head, trailing off.

Meanwhile, Billy reached out and took Teddy's hand. "It's okay," he said quietly, "we're still both here."

kKFTGIj.png

Makoto stared at Kyoko a bit dumbly, his mind working to interpret what she was saying. "Kyoko, was Wanda the host of the ball and I didn't know? I don't understand... It doesn't make any sense for her to have done any of this. If Monokuma is involved, maybe Junko is back from the dead?" It was clear he was not remembering the history that Kyoko was hoping for. At the very least, he was taking all of this in stride.

As for Mason and Lola, there was nothing to be found in the kitchen drawers beyond what appeared to be a black mold. There was also nothing in the dining room for Leon to find.

On Spartan-B312, there was some kind of magnum pistol. Its ammo type was likely not compatible with anything else around here, but it did hold eight rounds. There was also his futuristic armor, but you would have to strip the man to even think about using it. Even then, it seemed difficult to use effectively without training.

As for Dale, all he had on him was a pistol. It carried six rounds. There was no ammo on his person.

@Mason Moretti @Bomb @Leon Moretti @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Connors

Phil felt like it was Christmas for him. He had found not one weapon to help protect himself- but goddamn two of them. He took both of the pistols, you never know when you were going to need them. Two guns, a sapphire, sheet music and a handkerchief. " Hey Saeko, you can have your wooden sword back, I found some better stuff," he said. He also took Dale's jacket to see if it fit. He could always use more pockets.

@Atomyk @Minerva

Last edited:
jAsR0ZE.png

"J-Jesus... what a fucking joke, am I right?" Tommy's voice shook as he took a few cautious steps away from the two corpses. He sounded angry and confused. He didn't know how all this fit together or why it was happening at all. "How the hell are we supposed to... how do we..." The boy shook his head, trailing off.

Meanwhile, Billy reached out and took Teddy's hand. "It's okay," he said quietly, "we're still both here."

kKFTGIj.png

Makoto stared at Kyoko a bit dumbly, his mind working to interpret what she was saying. "Kyoko, was Wanda the host of the ball and I didn't know? I don't understand... It doesn't make any sense for her to have done any of this. If Monokuma is involved, maybe Junko is back from the dead?" It was clear he was not remembering the history that Kyoko was hoping for. At the very least, he was taking all of this in stride.

As for Mason and Lola, there was nothing to be found in the kitchen drawers beyond what appeared to be a black mold. There was also nothing in the dining room for Leon to find.

On Spartan-B312, there was some kind of magnum pistol. Its ammo type was likely not compatible with anything else around here, but it did hold eight rounds. There was also his futuristic armor, but you would have to strip the man to even think about using it. Even then, it seemed difficult to use effectively without training.

As for Dale, all he had on him was a pistol. It carried six rounds. There was no ammo on his person.

Leon returned back to where the majority of the group was. "There's nothing useful in the dining room" He looks at the boy that was talking to Kyoko. "So you're Makoto, would say it's a please to meet you, but not really the best of times to talk about meeting a new face." He states as he does a 360 around himself.
@Atomyk @Verite @anybody

jAsR0ZE.png

kKFTGIj.png

Leon returned back to where the majority of the group was. "There's nothing useful in the dining room" He looks at the boy that was talking to Kyoko. "So you're Makoto, would say it's a please to meet you, but not really the best of times to talk about meeting a new face." He states as he does a 360 around himself.
@Atomyk @Verite @anybody

Mason returned to the group as well. "I can't find anything useful in the kitchen either. We seem to have a big lack of puzzle solving elements this time around, unless I'm missing something. I haven't tried the stove or oven or anything. For all I know, turning on the stove floods the place. Or explodes. So, anybody else have any bright ideas? 'Cause I think the next step might be to try breaking down doors of they're in our way."
@Atomyk @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Anybody

Phil Connors

Phil felt like it was Christmas for him. He had found not one weapon to help protect himself- but goddamn two of them. He took both of the pistols, you never know when you were going to need them. Two guns, a sapphire, sheet music and a handkerchief. " Hey Saeko, you can have your wooden sword back, I found some better stuff," he said. He also took Dale's jacket to see if it fit. He could always use more pockets.

@Atomyk @Minerva
Saeko nodded. She took the bokken back. "Thank you, Phil." She gave a small bow and reattached it to her skirt.

Mason returned to the group as well. "I can't find anything useful in the kitchen either. We seem to have a big lack of puzzle solving elements this time around, unless I'm missing something. I haven't tried the stove or oven or anything. For all I know, turning on the stove floods the place. Or explodes. So, anybody else have any bright ideas? 'Cause I think the next step might be to try breaking down doors of they're in our way."
@Atomyk @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Anybody
"Well, all we can do for now is keep looking." Lola responded to Mason, and began to check the stove.

@Atomyk @Verite @Leon Moretti @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Phil Connors

As Phil stared at the pistols, he couldn't help but think about how easy it would be to end it all. To get out of this game, this death game, the same way that he had tried and failed to get out of the loop. One simple bullet to the brain. One click. It wasn't like it would make a difference in the long run, he didn't have friends here. Yet on the other hand, he would be playing into the enemies. Being using the despair and feeding the Dark Place, he didn't like that idea. He would live for himself- it was all who ever cared about him.

@Nobody really

kKFTGIj.png

Makoto stared at Kyoko a bit dumbly, his mind working to interpret what she was saying. "Kyoko, was Wanda the host of the ball and I didn't know? I don't understand... It doesn't make any sense for her to have done any of this. If Monokuma is involved, maybe Junko is back from the dead?" It was clear he was not remembering the history that Kyoko was hoping for. At the very least, he was taking all of this in stride.​
kiri013.png

"I... suppose you could say that, yes. Wanda's been... closer than you realize, Makoto," Kyoko responded with a sigh, recognizing her efforts to restore Makoto's memory with mere words as foolhardy. Words alone were not going to override whatever reprogramming Wanda had instilled, so it would have been better to not waste her own breath. "Let's... wait a while before entertaining the idea that Junko's back though. I'd rather not think about that possibility right now."

For all intents and purposes, it would have been a waste to talk to Makoto at all anymore. After all, this was not the "Makoto Naegi" she knew, essentially. She may as well have been talking to an entirely different incarnation of him from somewhere else within the multiverse, but... Kyoko could not bring herself to abandon him.

Not again.

"Just... stay with me, no matter what. Once we get further and things make more sense, there's... a lot we have to talk about. But until then, don't die. I'll do everything in my power to protect you, just as long as you do the same for me."

kiri028.png

"After all... It's like we said back then, right? Through sickness and health..." Kyoko said, tugging at her tie slightly. All in the name of appealing to the reality of what this Makoto was familiar with, right?

@Atomyk

jAsR0ZE.png

kKFTGIj.png

With the death of two in their group, Amir remained quiet, not looking at either body. Keeping her grip firm on her knife she stood close to Noembelu and keep an eye on Six.

"Noembelu, I'm curious, do you hunt by any chance?" she asked, after a moment of silence for the dead.

@Yun Lee @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9

Reactions: Mason Moretti
@Takumi @Glostechk

Noembelu looked up at Amir, tensing up as she asked the question. "...why do you ask?" She tried to not sound suspicious, but it was hard. She didn't want to tell the truth, especially not to someone who she considered the closest to a friend here.

@Takumi @Glostechk

Noembelu looked up at Amir, tensing up as she asked the question. "...why do you ask?" She tried to not sound suspicious, but it was hard. She didn't want to tell the truth, especially not to someone who she considered the closest to a friend here.

"Well you have those hatchets, and I only know one other woman that hunts back home. She's a rather great archer." Amir spoke, noticing how Noembelu tensed. She smiled, figuring that she may have hit a sore spot of some sort.

"Oh, I remember you asked about vegetable based dishes earlier as well, I might be able to help with that though I know more meat based ones. That is, when we get out of here together." she changed the subject, for Noembelu's sake more than anything. She didn't want the other woman to be uncomfortable with her at all, that was for sure.

@Yun Lee

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Flat-lined"

Nq9VW33.jpg

"K-Kyoko...?"

r5oKncv.jpg

Adam was not at all phased by the deaths, it would take more than that to get a reaction from the hardened dictator. He brandished his knife as he found himself in a new area. He looked around, scanning for anything of use near the connected kitchen, checking the fridge, oven and cupboards above the counters if there were any as he did so.

@Atomyk @Otherpeeps

@Takumi @Glostechk

"...I'm not much of a hunter," she said, extremely relieved Amir changed the subject. "I prefer growing to hunting. Haven't really gotten to grow much recently, though."

Together. That...that really touched her. She really did make a friend here, huh. Despite how much scarier this place was than the Murder Game she'd been involved with, she actually felt more at peace here with the people here. "I'll be honest...that was a diversion so people could go into the kitchen." She gave Amir a mischievious smile. "I would love to learn anything you want to teach. I'm fine eating meat. Since rabbits like vegetables, I went with those."

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
m83Xs3b.jpg

"Orange, grapefruit, persimmon, just to name a few," Nono utters, shivering. "What are we supposed to do with this? Find the actual thing in the room?"

@Atomyk @Verite @York @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @Takumi @The Batter
Phil Connors

" Perhaps it is the password to the box we found I believe. Unless of course, it's a Mandrain Orange or a Tangerine or a Clementine."

@Atomyk @Verite @York @Yun Lee @Bomb @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @The Batter @Crow
PbRJxhy.jpg

"Perhaps you should try entering the password instead of simply discussing it?" Toffee suggested sarcastically, complete with an eye roll. After saying this the lizard went over to the box and input the word "Orange."

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Minerva
When put into the box, "orange" turned out to be incorrect.

"Oops," Lucas suddenly said. "Did ya think it would be that easy?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @York @Takumi @The Batter @thatguyinthestore
Toffee scoffed at the voice before inputing tangerine instead.

@Atomyk
"It could be a kumquat," Beatrice added, unable to actually try any combinations with Toffee already on the computer. "I guess we should just type them all in until one works?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @York @Takumi @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk

The Batter then sighs and thinks about the puzzle. Obliviously this guy who trapped him in this mansion was obsessed with murder, so that got him thinking. Maybe the word invovled something with the body. He then got an idea....but he doubted it was the answer. He thought about a blood orange.... again he didn't think this would be the answer at all. He then lets go of Reiner shoulder, leaving a bit of black blood that he picked up from the shard of the projector onto Reiner's shoulder.

View attachment 142889

"Well, tell me when you succeed at finding the answer..."

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone
"Tangerine" turned out to be wrong, but "kumquat" was correct.

The box opened. Inside were four numbers carved into the bottom.

"The door's passcode?" Teddy wondered aloud.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @York @Takumi @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @Kaykay
Toffee would look over to Beatrice and nod to her as a show of his gratitude. That was the best she would get, though. Instead, the lizard would silently make his way over to the door and enter the code displayed in the box.

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Flat-lined"

Nq9VW33.jpg

"K-Kyoko...?"

r5oKncv.jpg

jAsR0ZE.png

kKFTGIj.png

Reiner Braun
@Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @The Batter
@Others?

Reiner looked quite jarred when he noticed the entirety of the wall slid open, revealing a dining room with rotting... Decaying food, that frankly made him sick; it reminded him of that kitchen they had arrived at shortly after they ate... Which wasn't the best combination of things to happen.

Not just that, but Lucas appeared to have killed two of their party members, causing him to grip the hilts of his blades in anger... But for the sake of not endangering anyone else, he kept silent for now.

Looks like Lucas left them more or less alone after that, and while Reiner found it unsettling for others to be looting the two recently deceased group members, he did see the neccessity of conserving resources. Especially when they only had limited ammunition and weapons; it was a well known practice out in the field, when they were deployed by the Recon Corps for one reason or another.

In the end, deciding to distract himself from the whole situation a little, he turned to Kiyo (and the Batter), seeming to be trying to ease up a little despite the situation.

C7hfVX7.png

"... So... How are you holding up?" He asked her.

It did worry him that she hadn't really been saying much after that whole incident in the ballroom...​

Status
Not open for further replies.