• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_ol56hqD84p1v3qowuo1_100.png

"... so we have to search for a way out?"

Kiyohime commented as she gauged the situation. Other than the combat knife she was given, the rest of her belongings was gone, such as her signature fan. Without that, who knows how she would be summoned once again? That fan was a summoning catalyst after all... Drastically settled down after having a clear killing intent back at the ballroom, the Heroic Spirit took a careful look around the room. She remembered how things went about in the other household's basement, she didn't want to tempt such traps to hinder her... especially with how they had a limit on being hurt.

@Atomyk @York @The Batter @everybody​
"The desks could have, I dunno... snakes in them, right?" Billly said. "I mean... if we have to avoid getting hurt, there's probably traps all over the place."

The desks seemed safe, at least. Noembelu received a note that went, "I'm behind the dark abyss." Lola's search came up with nothing. One of the desks tossed aside dropped a shiny object of some kind.

As Phil and the others gave the room a look over, they saw a layout like this: a teacher's desk sat in between the other desks and a chalkboard, which was completely blank. A sink to the side of the room looked to be missing its handle. A computer sat on the opposite side of the room, and it appeared to be connected to a printer. There also seemed to be what appeared to be an electronic scale. A bookshelf sat next to the computer, and next to that was a padlocked locker. Adorning the walls were a strange poster and a clock. Of course, there was also the video projector in the middle of the room that was pointed at a blank wall. There did not appear to be an exit door.

Toffee would find the blackboard to be blank, but there was chalk available so that one could write something.

The video projector held no visible secrets. It had been modified at some point so that there were no means of opening it up. The Batter would have to break it open if he wanted to look inside.

EF9LII5.png

Teddy approached Mason and asked, "Mind if I take a look?" He crouched down to take a look at the other boy's leg, brow furrowed in thought. "Nasty, but... I think this gives us a good idea what's going on. Us losing HP must not be an automatic thing because if it was, you'd already be at least in the yellow, I assume."

"Yeah, and maybe it's rigged to ignore pain that's already present," Tommy said.

"I... don't think that's possible. Uh, is it?" Tommy just shrugged at the question. "Well... I think what makes more sense is that this guy's just watching us and can lower our HP whenever he feels like. We would have to assume he's playing fairly."

@Yun Lee @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @Kaykay @Jeremi @Josh M @York @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone​
The video projector held no visible secrets. It had been modified at some point so that there were no means of opening it up. However, when the Batter smashed it against the ground, the projector exploded. It was a small enough blast that only the Batter was hurt as a piece of debris cut a gash on his shin. His codex beeped but remained green.

"I figured one of you assholes would break that," echoed Lucas' voice throughout the room. "Now you can't even see my mug! That's simply criminal. Get mad and smash shit up all you want, dumby, it's only gonna bite ya in the ass!"

"What the hell, man?" Billy grumbled, looking toward the Batter. "You should tell us before you start blowing shit up!"

"Look, everyone just..." Teddy held out his hands as a sign of peace. "We're not leaving unless we solve whatever puzzle is laid out for us. If some of you have to rest or don't want to help, can you please go sit down?"

Noembelu could hear as if there was empty space behind the middle of the chalkboard. As for the shiny object, Phil found it to be a small ruby. Behind the poster on the wall was a small cubby hole where Mason found a second ruby.

In an unlocked drawer of the teacher's desk was a small emerald. Another drawer was locked and needed a key.

When touched, the computer's screen turned on, as if it had been asleep. It asked for a password.

@Yun Lee @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @Kaykay @Jeremi @Josh M @York @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Gands @Everyone​
The projector was little more than a broken mess now. No secrets to be had there.

The poster was strange, for it looked like someone had defaced it with stick figure children kicking around a ball. The poster itself consisted of:

xzr9DxE.jpg

As for the clock, it was stopped, with both hands pointed at 12.

Noembelu would find a hidden cubby hole in the wall behind the chalkboard. In it was a doll made of cloth that depicted a little girl with black hair.

As for the password, there was nothing immediately obvious around the computer that pointed toward what it could be. When "Ruby" was attempted, the computer beeped.

Password Incorrect

Type (1) for password hint

@Yun Lee @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @Kaykay @Jeremi @Josh M @York @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Gands @dark @Everyone​
The doll looked just like a doll. Appearance-wise, there wasn't anything off or menacing about it.

After Toffee typed in "1," the computer displayed:

Hint: Le quattro stagioni

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Bomb @Gands
Correct

A light on the electronic scale came on. The computer gave another beep as it began to display something new.

Balance the scale against this:

O O O O O

Current balance: 0%

@thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Gands @Bomb
The time on the watches read the same as everyone else's and was stopped at 02:20 PM.

The bookshelf was sparse on books, though there was a red book, a green book, and a blue book.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @thatguyinthestore
As soon as Noembelu opened the red book, a small mechanism on the inside sprang up to shoot a tiny flame and lightly burn her hand. Her codex beeped but remained green.

"You okay?" Billy asked, coming over to her. "It doesn't look like it was much, and you're still in the green..."

As for the clock, when the hands were put to 2:20, there was a click. The clock face opened, revealing a button on the wall.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @thatguyinthestore
When the button was pressed, a small mechanical bird with a sharp beak popped out of the wall under the clock. In addition, a section of the wall slid open to reveal a door. Teddy moved to examine it and found it was locked. A panel next to the door was also revealed, and it needed a 4-digit passcode.

Noembelu found that in the blue book was nothing but a emerald.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Kaykay
In the green book, Noembelu found a snake. It was a small one. It started to slither out of the hollowed out book, hissing as if strongly agitated.

At the sink, nothing was to be found. It was still missing its handle.

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9
There was nothing special about the mechanical bird. It seemed its only function was to prick whoever pressed the button.

There was nothing left in the desks. In fact, the whole classroom had been searched now, with only the padlocked locker and the locked teacher's cabinet left to uncover.

@Yun Lee @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @Kaykay @Jeremi @Josh M @York @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Gands @dark @Minerva @Everyone​
The teacher's desk required just a simple key.

With the padlock broken, Tommy took the plunge by throwing open the locker door while avoiding the front of it. No trap was set off and inside was a sink handle.

"Well, the only sensical thing to do is..." He went ahead and put the handle back in its rightful place and turned it. Instead of water, a key came out. Tommy made a grab for it before it fell down into the pipes. "Anyone know where this goes?" he asked, holding it out.

@Bomb @Yun Lee

The key opened the drawer, revealing a small box. The box required a password to open it. On the bottom of the box, there were words carved into the bottom that read: "Everyone's a little bit blue on the inside."

Aside from that box, everything had been searched and opened. "I think we just need to solve whatever is going on with the scale and computer to finish this off," Teddy said. The computer still read:

O O O O O

Current balance: 0%

The group had in their possession two rubies and two emeralds.

@Yun Lee @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @Kaykay @Jeremi @Josh M @York @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Gands @dark @Minerva @Everyone​
Adam took the box and placed it on the table. Taking Noembelu's suggestions, he typed in sapphire first. if that did not work, he would try blood.

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee
The box's electronic display showed a red X. Sapphire was incorrect.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
The box's electronic display showed a red X. Sapphire was incorrect.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X
Reiner Braun
@Yun Lee @Bomb @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Leon Moretti @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @Kaykay @Jeremi @Josh M @Atomyk @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Gands
@Everyone

Reiner was a biiit too late to stop the Batter from smashing the machine that had been projecting an moving image onto a wall... And as a result, he winced, noticing that the resulting shards of the device ended up injuring the Batter, though interestingly enough, his codex stayed green.

Looks like "Lucas" was indeed a bit selective about messing with their Codexes, for now... But he wasn't confident in this sort of thing lasting forever. Thus, observing what people were investigating around the room and noticing that two red gems (rubies), two green gems (emeralds), and a deep blue one (sapphire) were collected... He decided to go check out the electronic scale in the room, noticing that others were already doing so.

S0Rp9Ih.png

"They want us to balance the scales... Not match them..." Reiner muttered.

There was a moment of thought, before he spoke.

"If I'm interpretting this right... We need to place opposing colors on the scale... We should try placing one gem on it first." He said, eyeing the balance percentage.

This seemed like a good start, but he wondered what the others' inputs on this might be...​

Last edited:
"Blood" also seemed to be incorrect.

"You think the riddle and password are actually connected?" Teddy asked. "It may be a good idea to try the scale out before we start thinking we're out of options."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb
Adam gave Teddy a slight nod, moving to the scale and leaving the box be for the moment. "Those with the jewels step forward and relinquish them. It is advised you place them on the scale." He stated, gazing side to side at the group, watching intently for whatever would happen with the scales and jewels.
@Atomyk @Others

Phil Connors

Phil handed his ruby to Noemblu. " Here you go. Also, Mason was it, you have one too right?" He asked, walking over to the injured man. He wasn't sure if he would even be able to walk to the scales by himself.

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti

Amir stood next to Noembelu, watching the scale to see what the sapphire weighed as well, keeping her knife in one hand, and the emerald in the other.

@Yun Lee

Adam watched the scales. "I suggest placing one of each to see their values." He said simply, rubbing his chin in thought.
@Yun Lee @Atomyk @JewelPeeps

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York

"Hold on. Put the sapphire by itself first. We need to see how much it weighs on its own."
With the sapphire alone on the scale, the computer now read:

O O O O O

Current balance: 37.5%

The group had in their possession two rubies, two emeralds and a sapphire.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @York @Takumi
Reiner Braun
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @Atomyk @Takumi @Others?

Considering the results they've gotten so far, Reiner frowned, rubbing his chin another time before he spoke.

"Let's try a red gem next..."
He said.

While he wasn't certain if this scale would factor in mixed colors, he figured it was worth a shot; considering that blue seemed to make up more than a fifth of the balance, he decided he'd like to see what a ruby would do...​

The Batter just stared at the gash at his shin. He has show no reaction to it. He seemed to show that he has a high tolerance for pain. He then stares at the broken pieces of the projector. If this dumbass from the projector wants to hurt him....he's going to have to do better than that. He then picks up a large shard of the projector. It was dripping black blood. He puts it in his pocket for in case he would need to stab anything. The Batter then looks at Reiner. He walks over and puts a hand on his shoulder

IMG_0410.PNG

"Hey Reiner...did you figure anything out yet?"

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

With the ruby alone on the scale, the computer now read:

O O O O O

Current balance: 25%

When an emerald was placed alone, the computer gave a reading of 12.5%.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @York @Takumi
The Batter just stared at the gash at his shin. He has show no reaction to it. He seemed to show that he has a high tolerance for pain. He then stares at the broken pieces of the projector. If this dumbass from the projector wants to hurt him....he's going to have to do better than that. He then picks up a large shard of the projector. It was dripping black blood. He puts it in his pocket for in case he would need to stab anything. The Batter then looks at Reiner. He walks over and puts a hand on his shoulder

View attachment 142888

"Hey Reiner...did you figure anything out yet?"

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone
"Two Emeralds, One ruby, one sapphire." Adam said simply. "Quickly."
@Atomyk @Yun Lee @York @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jewelpeeps
Phil Connors

" Wait, stop, if we want to balance this to a 100%, we need to put one sapphire, one emerald and two rubies,"
he said, knowing his math.

@Yun Lee @Atomyk @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @York @Takumi
"Do you have scarabs in your ears?" Adam asked, raising his eyebrow. "That is what I said."
@LuckycoolHawk9
Reiner Braun
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @Atomyk @Takumi @Others?

Hmm... Seeing that a ruby gave a balance of 25%, and an emerald gave a balance of 12.5%, Reiner didn't need to be a mathematical expert to figure out what this meant.

"... A sapphire must be like an emerald and ruby combined to this scale..." He murmured, rubbing his chin.

His train of thought was interrupted by the batter for a moment, when he was asked if he figured anything out, and he nodded.

5FldN3q.png

"I think I have a solution to this puzzle with the scale..." He said, tapping his chin for a moment as he tried to regain that train of thought.

Fortunately, Phil seemed to have had the same idea, in which he nodded to, eyeing the scale as he waited for the results.

An emerald and an sapphire after all, given the values that they'd have, would liekly make the balance meter read 50%, all they needed were two more rubies to make the value 100%... Or so he hoped,​

Two rubies, one emerald, and one sapphire produced a result of 100%. The computer beeped, signaling the printer to start up. It produced a piece of paper that read: "I'm a fruit that's round and orange. What am I?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @York @Takumi @The Batter
Reiner Braun
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @Atomyk @Takumi @The Batter

Reiner took one look at the piece of paper a nearby device printed out, after the puzzle was successfully solved and the answer seemed pretty straight forward to him...

NDqRwJT.png

"An... Orange?" He said.

Looks like he was a little distracted though, by how such a device could produce such perfect writing on a piece of paper, but evidently... If "orange" was correct, it must be the password to something...​

Two rubies, one emerald, and one sapphire produced a result of 100%. The computer beeped, signaling the printer to start up. It produced a piece of paper that read: "I'm a fruit that's round and orange. What am I?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @York @Takumi @The Batter
Reiner Braun
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @Atomyk @Takumi @The Batter

Reiner took one look at the piece of paper a nearby device printed out, after the puzzle was successfully solved and the answer seemed pretty straight forward to him...

NDqRwJT.png

"An... Orange?" He said.

Looks like he was a little distracted though, by how such a device could produce such perfect writing on a piece of paper, but evidently... If "orange" was correct, it must be the password to something...​

m83Xs3b.jpg

"Orange, grapefruit, persimmon, just to name a few," Nono utters, shivering. "What are we supposed to do with this? Find the actual thing in the room?"

@Atomyk @Verite @York @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Bomb @Takumi @The Batter

Phil Connors

" Perhaps it is the password to the box we found I believe. Unless of course, it's a Mandrain Orange or a Tangerine or a Clementine."

@Atomyk @Verite @York @Yun Lee @Bomb @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @The Batter @Crow
PbRJxhy.jpg

"Perhaps you should try entering the password instead of simply discussing it?" Toffee suggested sarcastically, complete with an eye roll. After saying this the lizard went over to the box and input the word "Orange."

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Minerva

Status
Not open for further replies.