Status
Not open for further replies.
kiri001.png

"..."

In a strangely rare instance of emotion, Kyoko almost seemed to look... irritated at the abundant interruptions that came her way and Makoto's. She was trying to make for a thorough investigation, after all. Totally.

All the while Mason and Six impeded on the scene, Kyoko glanced over toward Morikubo, who inquired about her so-called "children." For some reason, Kyoko found it odd that she couldn't even recall her "children's" faces, even though for all intents and purposes, they didn't exist. The young detective had to actively tell herself in her mind that this was all fake. She had to wonder if this was even the real Makoto that was here, or if it was just some illusion conjured up of him from the ground up, but... His hands certainly felt real, as did his gaze. She certainly could not call... a gaze like that fake.

"Ah... Yes, perhaps one day, we could... arrange that, Morikubo," she nodded, slowly forgetting what parts of her words were genuine and what she could consider to be "playing along."

As for Mason, after Makoto said his piece to him, Kyoko gave her own response to the questions directed at her, prompting her to brush aside some hair once again, this time more out of a habit, a reflex, than an actual need to do so. "Well... If anything, he ought to be taking up my name. For all intents and purposes, I would imagine my family has... a higher standing than he does. I think the sound of Kyoko Naegi is a bit..." She trailed off, unable to even finish her sentence, as though she could not feel the will to either say the name sounded "good" or "bad."

Before long, more and more dancers began to crowd around the "married couple," as though threatening to drown them in a sea of music and dancing. With the exchange between Toffee and Rant making a light mess of their dance, causing them to sink deeper in the crowd, Kyoko instinctively put her hand on the back of Makoto's head after Rant's tail lightly smacked it, inadvertently pulling their two faces closer together in the process. It was difficult to tell for anyone if Kyoko's negligence on the sudden appearance of the crowd around them was a result of whatever influence the illusion was exerting over her mind, or a genuine fact of being so distracted with her circumstance. In the latter case, it wasn't like Kyoko to be so remiss, but then... It was never like Makoto to be so forward, nor was it ever like Wanda to act the way she did earlier, and nor was it like Genji to be...

... alive.

kiri006.png

"Are you alright, Makoto? I'm... sorry for all this. It's just... I wasn't expecting any of this, but... Well, I suppose knowing you..." she spoke, before realizing just how close she'd inadvertently pulled herself to Makoto, gently pushing herself every ever so slightly, as it seemed like everyone else seemed to be pushed out of their personal bubble for now.

Suddenly, Kyoko shook her head, attempting to scramble her mind back into gear. Her consciousness felt like it was becoming hazed with an incessant fog, and she had to clear the air before she lost sight of her own sanity, clearing her throat.

"Still, it was a bit much to dismiss when we first met Mason. Surely, you have to remember, Makoto," Kyoko said, her voice carrying an air of urgency that was almost forced to a degree, and that was a feat as someone whose voice almost always naturally sounded urgent when she wasn't nonchalant about everything else, "I know it's not something you'd rather remember, but please try to remember, it was... It was..."

And then Kyoko stopped, her eyes freezing and her sentence cutting off as she was exposed to the third horrifying realization of the past twenty minutes.

She didn't remember how long ago the Coalition Civil War was.

@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Anybody

Znock5z.png

"Then... please learn well..."

Nono waltzed with Kiyohime. She had intended to waltz past the swift, faceless dancers that blocked any potential exits.

"Maybe it's the rhythm of the piano music that's causing them to move in such a manner..." Nono says, "Morikubo has a softer, calmer rhythm that might soothe the area. Alone, Morikubo cannot do it, Morikubo cannot overpower a piano alone... but Morikubo has accomplished a lot with others..."

Nono then asks Kiyohime.

"Kiyohime, are you ready to sing?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Atomyk @Verite @ShiroKiyoshi @Glostechk @Bomb @The Batter @York @Archmage Jeremiah

Reiner Braun
@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @Minerva @ShiroKiyoshi @The Batter @Kaykay @Gands @Bomb
@Others

Eventually, even without a partner, Reiner decided to begin dancing on his own, though he could hardly call it that; it looked like like he was jogging in place or something. Nonetheless, he kept a close eye on Kiyohime, the Batter, and the others in the room to make sure they were safe, perhaps too much so... As he found himself being elbowed, and jabbed in various places of his body.

"What the hell?! Hey! This is a dance, not a brawl!" He protested, but alas, it was in vain.

In the end... Reiner attempted to move through the crowds, taking various blows as he headed towards Kiyohime and Nono (and the Batter, if he managed to stick around through this, feeling various places on his body begin to throb from getting jabbed and hit at seemingly random intervals.

It looks like he drew close enough to Nono though to hear her suggestion, which made him think...

uVTHmn3.png

"The piano huh... Now there's an idea." He mused, pausing for a moment as he assessed what routes he could take to get to the piano in the room.

It was possible that he had a plan if these dancers got too out of hand, but he had to find the path of least resistance to the piano in order for it to even work in the first place...​

Well, that made a bit of sense. If the tone of music had anything to do with how these other dancers were acting, a change of pace could help make navigating this scenario... easier. But through singing? Kiyohime had no idea if that would be fine from her, but at least that stuck-up Lancer idol isn't around to ruin their chance.

"I can try. You appear more familiar through this medium, so I'll allow you to lead the vocals as I support with mine."

tumblr_oii76zMXhO1v3qowuo1_250.png

(ignore the mic)

Depending on how they intended to go about this, Kiyohime tried to sing along with Nono. The musical tone theory was a bit of a stretch, but they might as well try to see if it eases up the frantic situation with the unknown dancers.

@Atomyk @Crow @York @The Batter

@thatguyinthestore

Noembelu once again glared at Toffee. "You don't know anything about Honda. They tried to break him, but he's stronger than the Dark Place." A pause. "...I'm sure he's fine."

Noembelu thought to herself. "Some girl named Junko-one with bear pins. There's another Junko with a bow who's good. Monokuma too-a black and white toy bear. And Mother...whoever that is."
Tg7YimO.jpg

"Perhaps this 'Mother' is who's behind this?" Toffee suggested, though he wasn't sure who she was so this theory was most likely incorrect. "Also, while we're here, I wanted to say that I don't entirely blame you for not trusting me. I don't exactly look friendly. It's just..." Toffee paused before almost stopping the dance, though not entirely. It was almost as if time had slown down for him and him alone. After a bit, Toffee let out a sigh and continued.

"Where I come from, Mewni, my kind is quite common. Not just us Septarians, but creatures of all shapes and sizes. But even there, us monsters are often looked down upon by the higher Mewmans. There is a very strong prejudice against my kind there, in fact. Eventually the tension boiled until we had a full scale war, which I was a general in. That's how I lost this."
Toffee said before holding up the hand with his missing middle finger (the one that he didn't lose in the basement, obviously.)

"Shortly after the war, I encountered Wanda. She was perhaps the first person to not judge me based off of my appearance. She even lent me useful knowledge on how the magic in our universe works, which in turn will help me get my finger back. I suppose I was expecting everyone here to be as kind as Wanda was but..."
Toffee looked down at the ground and sighed again. "I suppose that some things are too good to be true." After a moment of silence, Toffee let out an almost embarrassed chuckle. "I'm sorry... I was rambling."

Last edited:
Reiner Braun
@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @Minerva @ShiroKiyoshi @The Batter @Kaykay @Gands @Bomb
@Others

Eventually, even without a partner, Reiner decided to begin dancing on his own, though he could hardly call it that; it looked like like he was jogging in place or something. Nonetheless, he kept a close eye on Kiyohime, the Batter, and the others in the room to make sure they were safe, perhaps too much so... As he found himself being elbowed, and jabbed in various places of his body.

"What the hell?! Hey! This is a dance, not a brawl!" He protested, but alas, it was in vain.

In the end... Reiner attempted to move through the crowds, taking various blows as he headed towards Kiyohime and Nono (and the Batter, if he managed to stick around through this, feeling various places on his body begin to throb from getting jabbed and hit at seemingly random intervals.

It looks like he drew close enough to Nono though to hear her suggestion, which made him think...

uVTHmn3.png

"The piano huh... Now there's an idea." He mused, pausing for a moment as he assessed what routes he could take to get to the piano in the room.

It was possible that he had a plan if these dancers got too out of hand, but he had to find the path of least resistance to the piano in order for it to even work in the first place...​

KQqU1jp.jpg

"Yes, well as I recall, Ms. Maximoff isn't exactly fond of Rant either." Toffee commented before meeting eye contact with Noembelu again. The lizard would sigh when Nono switched to a slower song, causing Toffee to switch to a slow dance as to not stick out like a sore thumb.

"Any preconceptions you might have about Wanda should be taken with a grain of salt now. The Wanda that you, or Honda, knew is gone now. Might I recall that she sat by and allowed her 'Daddy' to murder an innocent woman without even hesitating to stop him." Toffee said dryly with a shrug. "Did your friend mention anything else? Any other people that we should look out for?" Toffee asked, wanting to at least know what he was up against.

@Yun Lee

Leon nodded as he started to lead Saeko, while dancing, to the door. Then he heard Mason call out to him. As he turned his head to where he assumed the voice came from, he noticed the large group of dancers around Kyoko and Makoto. "Crap, little bro got himself into trouble... again." He looks at Saeko and asks, "I already know my answer to this question, but what do we go for, the door or our friends?"

@Atomyk @Verite @Anyone

"Follow my lead." She whispered. She would step a few times and then during a twirl would release her grip with Leon. She would then attempt to join with a Male Dancer.

@thatguyinthestore

Noembelu once again glared at Toffee. "You don't know anything about Honda. They tried to break him, but he's stronger than the Dark Place." A pause. "...I'm sure he's fine."

Noembelu thought to herself. "Some girl named Junko-one with bear pins. There's another Junko with a bow who's good. Monokuma too-a black and white toy bear. And Mother...whoever that is."

The moment Saeko released her grip, he tried his best to find any dance partner that was close to Mason.

kiri001.png

"..."

In a strangely rare instance of emotion, Kyoko almost seemed to look... irritated at the abundant interruptions that came her way and Makoto's. She was trying to make for a thorough investigation, after all. Totally.

All the while Mason and Six impeded on the scene, Kyoko glanced over toward Morikubo, who inquired about her so-called "children." For some reason, Kyoko found it odd that she couldn't even recall her "children's" faces, even though for all intents and purposes, they didn't exist. The young detective had to actively tell herself in her mind that this was all fake. She had to wonder if this was even the real Makoto that was here, or if it was just some illusion conjured up of him from the ground up, but... His hands certainly felt real, as did his gaze. She certainly could not call... a gaze like that fake.

"Ah... Yes, perhaps one day, we could... arrange that, Morikubo," she nodded, slowly forgetting what parts of her words were genuine and what she could consider to be "playing along."

As for Mason, after Makoto said his piece to him, Kyoko gave her own response to the questions directed at her, prompting her to brush aside some hair once again, this time more out of a habit, a reflex, than an actual need to do so. "Well... If anything, he ought to be taking up my name. For all intents and purposes, I would imagine my family has... a higher standing than he does. I think the sound of Kyoko Naegi is a bit..." She trailed off, unable to even finish her sentence, as though she could not feel the will to either say the name sounded "good" or "bad."

Before long, more and more dancers began to crowd around the "married couple," as though threatening to drown them in a sea of music and dancing. With the exchange between Toffee and Rant making a light mess of their dance, causing them to sink deeper in the crowd, Kyoko instinctively put her hand on the back of Makoto's head after Rant's tail lightly smacked it, inadvertently pulling their two faces closer together in the process. It was difficult to tell for anyone if Kyoko's negligence on the sudden appearance of the crowd around them was a result of whatever influence the illusion was exerting over her mind, or a genuine fact of being so distracted with her circumstance. In the latter case, it wasn't like Kyoko to be so remiss, but then... It was never like Makoto to be so forward, nor was it ever like Wanda to act the way she did earlier, and nor was it like Genji to be...

... alive.

kiri006.png

"Are you alright, Makoto? I'm... sorry for all this. It's just... I wasn't expecting any of this, but... Well, I suppose knowing you..." she spoke, before realizing just how close she'd inadvertently pulled herself to Makoto, gently pushing herself every ever so slightly, as it seemed like everyone else seemed to be pushed out of their personal bubble for now.

Suddenly, Kyoko shook her head, attempting to scramble her mind back into gear. Her consciousness felt like it was becoming hazed with an incessant fog, and she had to clear the air before she lost sight of her own sanity, clearing her throat.

"Still, it was a bit much to dismiss when we first met Mason. Surely, you have to remember, Makoto," Kyoko said, her voice carrying an air of urgency that was almost forced to a degree, and that was a feat as someone whose voice almost always naturally sounded urgent when she wasn't nonchalant about everything else, "I know it's not something you'd rather remember, but please try to remember, it was... It was..."

And then Kyoko stopped, her eyes freezing and her sentence cutting off as she was exposed to the third horrifying realization of the past twenty minutes.

@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Anybody

Well, that made a bit of sense. If the tone of music had anything to do with how these other dancers were acting, a change of pace could help make navigating this scenario... easier. But through singing? Kiyohime had no idea if that would be fine from her, but at least that stuck-up Lancer idol isn't around to ruin their chance.

"I can try. You appear more familiar through this medium, so I'll allow you to lead the vocals as I support with mine."

tumblr_oii76zMXhO1v3qowuo1_250.png

(ignore the mic)

Depending on how they intended to go about this, Kiyohime tried to sing along with Nono. The musical tone theory was a bit of a stretch, but they might as well try to see if it eases up the frantic situation with the unknown dancers.

@Atomyk @Crow @York @The Batter

nEcTrm1.png

"Alright then, here we go.... this isn't a LIVE or an event or a recording or anything... so I guess you can just add your own lyrics..."

And so, it was time to sing.

Nono passed Mason, Leon, Saeko, Noembelu and Toffee during this, and whispers to them.

"We're going to need to sing in order to overpower the... uhh... piano music, I think... probably... That might reorient the faceless folk to follow our music... your own tune or sing with us, it doesn't matter... just sing to your heart's content."

She then looks at Kiyohime.

"Get ready..."

Nono's melody was soothing and mystical. Metaphorically for the latter part, of course. It gave a feeling of wonderful Fairy Tales for the young.

DFNT5gqUwAAYBdN.jpg

Sweet Witches Night (What-Am-I-Doing Duet(?) Mix)
Lyricist: Uuuuuh Producer: Uuuuuhhhh
Sang by: Uuuuuuuhhhhhhh

"Un deux trois, un deux trois,
Our secret waltz~

Invited and welcomed by the sweetest of scents~
We came and we entered this very strange house.
Tempting us closer with fragrances beyond~
They've waited for us all for quite a long time to arouse."

@Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @York @SOLONGPIANOMAN​

Last edited:
@thatguyinthestore

Noembelu listened to Toffee's story, feeling her heart go out to him. "If it makes you feel better, Toffee...I didn't judge you for your looks." She gulped, unsure of if she should share this. "I...my life hasn't been kind. It seems no matter what, I end up used. Taken advantage of. I don't trust easily. I want to...but I can't." She looked down. "I apologize if I've come off as rude. If anything I relate. My people and I are looked down on. Mistreated." She took a longer pause, unsure of what to say. "...I know what it's like. And I'm sorry for putting you through it."

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
@thatguyinthestore

Noembelu listened to Toffee's story, feeling her heart go out to him. "If it makes you feel better, Toffee...I didn't judge you for your looks." She gulped, unsure of if she should share this. "I...my life hasn't been kind. It seems no matter what, I end up used. Taken advantage of. I don't trust easily. I want to...but I can't." She looked down. "I apologize if I've come off as rude. If anything I relate. My people and I are looked down on. Mistreated." She took a longer pause, unsure of what to say. "...I know what it's like. And I'm sorry for putting you through it."
6KhoGnV.jpg

Toffee would place a reassuring hand on her shoulder and smile up at her. "No hard feelings. And I assure you, Ms. Noembelu, that you have my deepest condolences." Toffee said kindly as he continued to dance to the rhythm of whatever song was currently playing with the former Doll in tow.

nEcTrm1.png

"Alright then, here we go.... this isn't a LIVE or an event or a recording or anything... so I guess you can just add your own lyrics..."

And so, it was time to sing.

Nono passed Mason, Leon, Saeko, Noembelu and Toffee during this, and whispers to them.

"We're going to need to sing in order to overpower the... uhh... piano music, I think... probably... That might reorient the faceless folk to follow our music... your own tune or sing with us, it doesn't matter... just sing to your heart's content."

She then looks at Kiyohime.

"Get ready..."

Nono's melody was soothing and mystical. Metaphorically for the latter part, of course. It gave a feeling of wonderful Fairy Tales for the young.

DFNT5gqUwAAYBdN.jpg

Sweet Witches Night (What-Am-I-Doing Duet(?) Mix)
Lyricist: Uuuuuh Producer: Uuuuuhhhh
Sang by: Uuuuuuuhhhhhhh

"Un deux trois, un deux trois,
Our secret waltz~

Invited and welcomed by the sweetest of scents~
We came and we entered this very strange house.
Tempting us closer with fragrances beyond~
They've waited for us all for quite a long time to arouse."

@Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @York @SOLONGPIANOMAN​

Mason lent his own voice to the somg, following just after Nono, and adding his own creativity to the lyrics.

"But sweet turned to sour,
As did the lady of the hour~
The temptation grows
And confusion does too.

Un deux trois, un deux trois,

Secret of the house~"
@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @York @Crow'sSingalong

T'Challa had silently followed the group through their adventure in the house after the key had been found. For the time being there hadn't been anything particular for him to say. Rather, his mind went to the entire scenario they found themselves in.

The twist and turns continued until they found themselves inside a ballroom where they met the man they had seen on the vhs tape not too long ago. He was Kyoko's husband? A significant twist if there ever was one on this winding turn through traps and danger.

He was not interested in the merriment the others were partaking in, be it to mask their more undercover thoughts or just for fun. There was nothing in here that didn't make the King of Wakanda feel at ease. The escape paths were blocked by people, phantoms more like it, so for the time being they were trapped inside. Instead he focused on the group his eyes catching Kyoko and Makoto dancing.​

kiri001.png

"..."

... alive.

kiri006.png

T'Challa hadn't known the young detective too long but he could tell that something was amiss. He made his way towards the dancing pair and gave a slight bow. "Excuse me," He started aiming it towards Makoto. "If it is not too much to ask, could this humble king be allowed a dance with your lovely wife?"​

@Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @ShiroKiyoshi @Leon Moretti @Crow @thatguyinthestore

Phil Connors

Phil looked over at Raven. " Hello again, Miss Ri- Raven, he said quickly catching himself before he said Rita. Despite being away from her and the loop, she was still on his mind. When you gave so much time to one person, it would make sense that they were stuck in your head. He wouldn't admit it a loud, but he did indeed love the woman he left- focus, compartmentalize- push the thought aside. He looked down at Rant.

" "Hello again, Rant," he said to the shorter mouse. He focused on the lock pick for a second, thinking he could use it to- no, push the dark thought aside. This wasn't the loop. Dead was dead and gone. Killing himself wasn't the answer. He turned back to Raven.

" " I'm sorry about standing you up, I was worried when Miss Noemblu ran off so upset. She reminded me of an old friend," he said to Raven. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't exactly the truth either. But what was a white lie in the collection of things he had done in the loop? Next to nothing.

Phil nodded at Amir. He did notice that the other dancers were indeed strange. He thought it was strange himself. He noticed that Teddy was knocked onto the floor. " They also seem to have mean punches."

@Gands @Takumi @ShiroKiyoshi @Atomyk @Others

"The sooner we leave this place, the better. This party is a waste of time, another obstacle placed in our path."
Captu4234re.PNG
Adam watched as the others danced, arms locked in their trademark cross across his chest. He watched silently, a frown on his face as he knew that there was something strange. Well, it wasn't really subtle but still, he knew the entire ball room was off. He waited by the exit, eyeing the others as they danced about, a stoic expression on his face. That boy, Makoto, was also catching his interest, he remembered him from that video they saw at the house, and he knew that he was not there as an ally. He would find an opportunity to seize sooner or later.

@Atomyk @Otherpeeps @Erryone

"Hm? I don't know this style of dance, it's not from where I am from, so I am unfamiliar. Besides, this place seems off, to say the least." she responded.

Seeing that Percival wasn't the strangest being she talked to, she remained polite. Though gave a tilt of her head. Was she just called a fair maiden? That was a first.
ACXDIY4.jpg

"Do you know her?" Toffee asked as he peered over Noembelu's shoulder to get a good look at Percival.

Percival's features relaxed and grew softer as they did.
"Ah, thank God, for I thought certain I was alone in that sentiment," she said with a slight smile. Catching Toffee's comment, Percival did not answer, but instead introduced herself. She crossed one leg behind the other and bowed her head in a curtsy, "I am Sir Percival of the Round Table, and appointed Knight of the Grail."

@Takumi @thatguyinthestore

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Yun Lee

"Ah, thank God, for I thought certain I was alone in that sentiment," she said with a slight smile. Catching Toffee's comment, Percival did not answer, but instead introduced herself. She crossed one leg behind the other and bowed her head in a curtsy, "I am Sir Percival of the Round Table, and appointed Knight of the Grail."

4oASV3T.jpg

"Yes, well you may call me Toffee." The lizard said in response to Percival. Of course, Toffee thought that she was a total nutcase. But, once again in an effort to avoid being rude, Toffee simply smiled to the feline. "So... Sir Percival, I assume that you got the invitation to this little gathering as well?" Toffee asked, hoping to learn more about this strange cat.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah

Noembelu chose to remain silent as Toffee and Blaze-er, Percival-talked. It seemed as if the cat didn't recognize her, or was doing a good job of pretending to not know her. The less she said, the better.​

Being free for now, Makoto let out a sigh of relief as he attempted to rejoin his conversation with Kyoko. "W-Well, Kyoko..." He smiled happily when she came closer to him and he almost reached out to take her hand again. He relented, however, in fear of her getting caught in someone else rudely invading his space. At the very least, he tried to nudge her and the others talking to them away from the meat on the floor.

"Don't you remember? We decided to honor our family names. Mom and dad would have been pretty upset about it, I think..."

He relished the moment when they came closer together thanks to another of Rant's acts of sabotage. Their heads were almost touching, but Makoto was hesitant to make any kind of move. "Mason, huh..." He reeled back slightly to think about Mason. When did they meet? "Ah... I think I know. You were doing a case for one of his family members, right? His whole family and your whole family ended up meeting, and I, well..." He shrugged. "I don't remember it being unpleasant, though it's been a few years now..."

Makoto then paused when the singing started up. He looked around and frowned. "Why would they try to drown out the music like that?" he asked. "I thought it was... you know, nice... at least before the piano was stopped." The dancers began to move in on Kyoko and Makoto again, one hitting Kyoko and pushing her into Makoto's arms. He turned to T'Challa then and laughed nervously. "Y-You know, I kind of just wanted some alone time, so, I'm sorry, but--"

As Mason's voice joined the singing, Makoto began to shake his head. He kept Kyoko at arm's length and cleared his throat. "This is really too much now. K-Kyoko, I'm going to try and find us a more quiet place." He took her by the hand and began to move, but one of the dancers hit him so hard, he was knocked back into Kyoko. He let go of Kyoko and balled his hands into fists. "What is wrong with everyone?!"

As Saeko latched on to one of the male dancers, she found something odd. He turned to her so that she could see his face, revealing him to be wearing a mask.

cHp0Ynz.jpg

Reiner would find the piano free for him to reach, but just as he would reach it, the music would suddenly stop. Aside from the singers, if they chose to continue, it was deathly quiet. Slowly, but surely, a new song would begin in an effort to drown out the singing. It was not a raucous song, but one booming and confident. The group could now see an orchestra playing from the second-floor balcony, playing away at violins, cellos, and other string-based instruments.

There was no warning as crossbow bolts fired down into the crowd, aiming for the singers: Nono, Kiyohime, and Mason. There was little that could be done as the two girls received bolts to the shoulder, while Mason received one in his left leg. As the song continued, men and women wearing the same strange bear masks appeared from behind the orchestra, wielding crossbows. They moved to aim them around the room, threatening everybody.

Something peculiar then appeared, moving from behind the orchestra to jump off the balcony, do a flip in the air, and land on the ballroom floor with a flourish. It was obvious to see it was some kind of walking bear toy. A few of the dancers raised cards with the number "10" on them.

dJXdWIc.png

"Ahhhahaha!" laughed the strange bear in a squeaky voice. "What do you people think you're doing? Why would you try to ruin such a momentous occasion!? Now I gotta turn this into a red wedding reception!"

MHbn0rZ.png

"W-What...?" Makoto took a shaky step away from the bear. "This isn't right. This isn't right at all. What is Monokuma doing here...?"

@Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @dalecOoOoOoOoOper

No.

No.

No no no no nonononononono

Noembelu gripped Toffee's shoulder tight, her face drained of all color ss she watched the three in their group attacked for singing. Her breathing started to pick up, every bit as bad as it had been when she saw Dio Brando beat his son back in Vale. "M-Mo...M-M-Mono...!!!!!"

@Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @Atomyk

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Husk

817498873104.jpg

"Hello, Sir Percival. I am Amir." she greeted.

Being free for now, Makoto let out a sigh of relief as he attempted to rejoin his conversation with Kyoko. "W-Well, Kyoko..." He smiled happily when she came closer to him and he almost reached out to take her hand again. He relented, however, in fear of her getting caught in someone else rudely invading his space. At the very least, he tried to nudge her and the others talking to them away from the meat on the floor.

"Don't you remember? We decided to honor our family names. Mom and dad would have been pretty upset about it, I think..."

He relished the moment when they came closer together thanks to another of Rant's acts of sabotage. Their heads were almost touching, but Makoto was hesitant to make any kind of move. "Mason, huh..." He reeled back slightly to think about Mason. When did they meet? "Ah... I think I know. You were doing a case for one of his family members, right? His whole family and your whole family ended up meeting, and I, well..." He shrugged. "I don't remember it being unpleasant, though it's been a few years now..."

Makoto then paused when the singing started up. He looked around and frowned. "Why would they try to drown out the music like that?" he asked. "I thought it was... you know, nice... at least before the piano was stopped." The dancers began to move in on Kyoko and Makoto again, one hitting Kyoko and pushing her into Makoto's arms. He turned to T'Challa then and laughed nervously. "Y-You know, I kind of just wanted some alone time, so, I'm sorry, but--"

As Mason's voice joined the singing, Makoto began to shake his head. He kept Kyoko at arm's length and cleared his throat. "This is really too much now. K-Kyoko, I'm going to try and find us a more quiet place." He took her by the hand and began to move, but one of the dancers hit him so hard, he was knocked back into Kyoko. He let go of Kyoko and balled his hands into fists. "What is wrong with everyone?!"

As Saeko latched on to one of the male dancers, she found something odd. He turned to her so that she could see his face, revealing him to be wearing a mask.

cHp0Ynz.jpg

Reiner would find the piano free for him to reach, but just as he would reach it, the music would suddenly stop. Aside from the singers, if they chose to continue, it was deathly quiet. Slowly, but surely, a new song would begin in an effort to drown out the singing. It was not a raucous song, but one booming and confident. The group could now see an orchestra playing from the second-floor balcony, playing away at violins, cellos, and other string-based instruments.

There was no warning as crossbow bolts fired down into the crowd, aiming for the singers: Nono, Kiyohime, and Mason. There was little that could be done as the two girls received bolts to the shoulder, while Mason received one in his left leg. As the song continued, men and women wearing the same strange bear masks appeared from behind the orchestra, wielding crossbows. They moved to aim them around the room, threatening everybody.

Something peculiar then appeared, moving from behind the orchestra to jump off the balcony, do a flip in the air, and land on the ballroom floor with a flourish. It was obvious to see it was some kind of walking bear toy. A few of the dancers raised cards with the number "10" on them.

dJXdWIc.png

"Ahhhahaha!" laughed the strange bear in a squeaky voice. "What do you people think you're doing? Why would you try to ruin such a momentous occasion!? Now I gotta turn this into a red wedding reception!"

MHbn0rZ.png

"W-What...?" Makoto took a shaky step away from the bear. "This isn't right. This isn't right at all. What is Monokuma doing here...?"

@Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @dalecOoOoOoOoOper

As things took a quick turn for the worse, Amir's eyes widened as she moved quickly without any prompting, she would attempt to get closer to Makoto and Kyoko, so she could pull Six close to her protectively

@Atomyk @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @everyone

• Love
Reactions: ShiroKiyoshi

cHp0Ynz.jpg

dJXdWIc.png

MHbn0rZ.png

tumblr_oii5mwutlw1v3qowuo4_100.png

It all happened before she could even register on what was happening. A sharp pain erupted from her shoulder as the crossbow bolt lodged itself there. The same had been done to Nono and Mason. Before then, she was trying to keep it together and not lose her cool, but now... Kiyohime had a reason.

tumblr_oii5jiAauP1v3qowuo2_100.png

"What is the... meaning of this!? I have all of the hatred for those that hide and then strike like this. I demand to know why this is happening NOW!"

All the while she tried to pull the crossbow bolt weakly, Kiyohime screamed out in anger towards Monokuma and the apparent dancers that wore masks alike to this black and white toy bear.

@Atomyk @Crow @Mason Moretti @The Batter @York @everybody​

cHp0Ynz.jpg

dJXdWIc.png

MHbn0rZ.png

Capt125ure.PNG
Adam had no reaction to Monokuma's sudden appearance, unlike the other people, he did not know who this person was and frankly, the thing looked a bit silly in his opinion.
Adam's eyes narrowed, his suspicions were correct. His eyes darted around the room, looking for suitable cover against the bolts. If it came to it, he would have to resort to using one of those masked dancers as a shield. He then looked to the exit, seeing if he was a bit to reach it without hindrance. They seemed to not be firing yet so he stood patiently, ready to move at the first sign of trouble.

@Atomyk @EveryJuan

cHp0Ynz.jpg

dJXdWIc.png

MHbn0rZ.png

T'Challa took a stab in the dark and figured that the walking teddy bear was bad news. Cornered but not defeated he'd stalk the crossbow wielding figures as well as the bear. He was not too eager to test and see how functional his vibranium mesh were against these arrows, considering the lost tech and equipment. He still had his body...and his claws.

"A mastermind comes in many shapes and sizes," T'Challa spoke to Monokuma hoping the others in the group would try get to some form of cover. "Are we too assume that you are the one pulling the strings?"​

@Atomyk @AnyoneElse

Shen had been leaning against a wall near the exit with his arms crossed, judging the actions of some his allies. Nothing could have prepared him for what happened next. Three people were shot by crossbows from above. He immediately unsheathed his steel saber from his back and assumed a battle stance. He had a feeling that something like this would happen eventually.

His eyes widened slightly when he remembered what Nono had said earlier.

"Last time it was Monokuma,"

So this was the demon that had terrorized the multiverse. Shen would have dashed toward the beast and cut him down right then and there, but he did not have access to his abilities, nor his Spirit Blade...

The creature would escape his judgment. For now.

If he couldn't fight Monokuma, the only other option would be retreat. He thought about running for the exit and killing the people who were blocking his way, but that would take too long and he would no doubt be killed by Monokuma before he could finish with the masked men.

The best thing to do right now was to simply wait until things escalated further, then act accordingly.

@nobody, really.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.