Status
Not open for further replies.
Being free for now, Makoto let out a sigh of relief as he attempted to rejoin his conversation with Kyoko. "W-Well, Kyoko..." He smiled happily when she came closer to him and he almost reached out to take her hand again. He relented, however, in fear of her getting caught in someone else rudely invading his space. At the very least, he tried to nudge her and the others talking to them away from the meat on the floor.

"Don't you remember? We decided to honor our family names. Mom and dad would have been pretty upset about it, I think..."

He relished the moment when they came closer together thanks to another of Rant's acts of sabotage. Their heads were almost touching, but Makoto was hesitant to make any kind of move. "Mason, huh..." He reeled back slightly to think about Mason. When did they meet? "Ah... I think I know. You were doing a case for one of his family members, right? His whole family and your whole family ended up meeting, and I, well..." He shrugged. "I don't remember it being unpleasant, though it's been a few years now..."

Makoto then paused when the singing started up. He looked around and frowned. "Why would they try to drown out the music like that?" he asked. "I thought it was... you know, nice... at least before the piano was stopped." The dancers began to move in on Kyoko and Makoto again, one hitting Kyoko and pushing her into Makoto's arms. He turned to T'Challa then and laughed nervously. "Y-You know, I kind of just wanted some alone time, so, I'm sorry, but--"

As Mason's voice joined the singing, Makoto began to shake his head. He kept Kyoko at arm's length and cleared his throat. "This is really too much now. K-Kyoko, I'm going to try and find us a more quiet place." He took her by the hand and began to move, but one of the dancers hit him so hard, he was knocked back into Kyoko. He let go of Kyoko and balled his hands into fists. "What is wrong with everyone?!"

As Saeko latched on to one of the male dancers, she found something odd. He turned to her so that she could see his face, revealing him to be wearing a mask.

cHp0Ynz.jpg

Reiner would find the piano free for him to reach, but just as he would reach it, the music would suddenly stop. Aside from the singers, if they chose to continue, it was deathly quiet. Slowly, but surely, a new song would begin in an effort to drown out the singing. It was not a raucous song, but one booming and confident. The group could now see an orchestra playing from the second-floor balcony, playing away at violins, cellos, and other string-based instruments.

There was no warning as crossbow bolts fired down into the crowd, aiming for the singers: Nono, Kiyohime, and Mason. There was little that could be done as the two girls received bolts to the shoulder, while Mason received one in his left leg. As the song continued, men and women wearing the same strange bear masks appeared from behind the orchestra, wielding crossbows. They moved to aim them around the room, threatening everybody.

Something peculiar then appeared, moving from behind the orchestra to jump off the balcony, do a flip in the air, and land on the ballroom floor with a flourish. It was obvious to see it was some kind of walking bear toy. A few of the dancers raised cards with the number "10" on them.

dJXdWIc.png

"Ahhhahaha!" laughed the strange bear in a squeaky voice. "What do you people think you're doing? Why would you try to ruin such a momentous occasion!? Now I gotta turn this into a red wedding reception!"

MHbn0rZ.png

"W-What...?" Makoto took a shaky step away from the bear. "This isn't right. This isn't right at all. What is Monokuma doing here...?"

@Takumi @Cromartie Sarkissian @Kaykay @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Leon Moretti @Bomb @dark @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Yun Lee @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @ShiroKiyoshi @Gands @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Minerva @Otto @Glostechk @Seishin Ryuu @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @The Batter @thatguyinthestore @dalecOoOoOoOoOper
tumblr_oii5mwutlw1v3qowuo4_100.png

It all happened before she could even register on what was happening. A sharp pain erupted from her shoulder as the crossbow bolt lodged itself there. The same had been done to Nono and Mason. Before then, she was trying to keep it together and not lose her cool, but now... Kiyohime had a reason.

tumblr_oii5jiAauP1v3qowuo2_100.png

"What is the... meaning of this!? I have all of the hatred for those that hide and then strike like this. I demand to know why this is happening NOW!"

All the while she tried to pull the crossbow bolt weakly, Kiyohime screamed out in anger towards Monokuma and the apparent dancers that wore masks alike to this black and white toy bear.

@Atomyk @Crow @Mason Moretti @The Batter @York @everybody​
Reiner Braun
@Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Crow
@Others?

Reiner froze, the sudden silence (minus maybe, Kiyo and the others singing) having caught him offguard; contrary to his initial theory... That piano wasn't even close to being the perpetrator behind this. It was this strange, stuffed bear looking creature, whom he'd take care of later... For now, it looks like there were some dancers armed with crossbows on the upper levels, which hit Kiyo, Nono, and Mason before anything could be done.

TUoL6WE.png

"What the hell are you trying to do?!" He shouted, obviously put off by the entire situation.

Amidst of all the commotion, he made his way towards Kiyo, and the others who sang, as he drew his blades from his 3DMG, prepared to attempt to defend them from any further crossbow shots. Though, as he waited to see if the crossbow wielders would make another move, he began to look for any grapple-able surfaces near both the elevated orchestra, and the crossbow wielders. If things turned ugly, he figured if he acted quick enough, he might at least be able to eliminate a few of the threats in the room...​

Rant turned on his heels and almost darted for Monokuma, but he stopped himself and slammed his fists to the ground. Staring ahead he gritted his teeth as if to hold his rage in his mouth like a caged animal. Rant was well aware how useless it was to attack Monokuma, the bear possessed many of the reality breaking abilities that Basic had under his control, surely the minute Rant tried to attack the bear would retaliate in an attempt to teach him a lesson.

With no outlet to take his anger on he went to jab a dancer, but paused when he realized he was holding something. Rant took a step back to read the card. "10...?" He then turned to Monokuma, confusion taking over anger. "What's up your sleeve this time Monokuma? Another death game or were you really just that peeved about their little moment being broken up?" As he spoke Rant walked over to Nono and without warning he jumped on her back yanking the arrow out of her. He then dropped and took her hand. "Hard parts over, bend down so I can patch you up."

"Yo, idiot with the swords! Put your weapons away before you piss the bear off!" Rant shouted to Reiner as he went on the offensive. "Unless you want 'dancing lessons' from him?" Rant said as he continued to bandage Nono's wound.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Crow @Atomyk @Others?

Leon 'looked' for another dance partner as he carefully moved towards Mason. He listened to the three sing whatever melody it was they were singing.​

Once he saw the three get hit by crossbows, he froze for a second. "MASON!!" He yelled as he rushed over to his brother's side, pulling out his knife.

Leon wasn't concerned about the weird monochrome bear, or let alone anything that didn't involve the injured. His only concern was getting his brother and the other two somewhere safe, by any mean necessary.
@Mason Moretti @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Verite @anybody

The dancers still crowded the exits, and they now looked a bit more menacing with their strange masks. The one holding Saeko let her go and his arms dropped to his sides. The crossbow wielders did not move to attack again, but they they kept their weapons trained regardless. It seemed possible to grapple on to the balcony, but it seemed clear the snipers were quite accurate...

roLnfd6.png

The bear, apparently named Monokuma, pointed to Amir. "I bet you think you're sneaky, don't you? You already ruined the evening, so why even bother? I swear, guys like you never seem to know what they're doing! Are you really this dedicated to making boys with ahoges unhappy?"

All the dancers began laughing at Kiyohime's and Noembelu's yelling. "Why you gotta be like that?" asked Monokuma, then he started laughing himself when Toffee called him rude. "Maybe I'm here to party, hmm? You ever think about that? What if a bear wanted to get his party on and you just wouldn't let him? Why, wouldn't you be the rude ones then? No one said I was not invited. I am a part of this as much as anything else here is, bucko!"

He looked to T'Challa and waved the man off. "A mastermind? Of what? This fancy dance? If I was, I would have brought a dress! But here I am, bear naked! So." Monokuma brandished a claw in Rant's direction and his red eye began to glow. "No, I am not a mastermind today. What do you think of that, rat boy? A death game takes a lot of work, I'll have you know. Sometimes, a bear just wants to see some death without the game part? Capiche?"

Billy looked around himself, eyeing the dancers. "We're unarmed," he said, unsure what else to make of this.

"And they might all have weapons," Teddy said.

"Ha!" Monokuma slapped his belly. "Are you scared? Do you see death in front of you? You really should savor it, for there's nothing quite as intoxicating... or, wait, maybe that's just me!"

ERZ4cog.png

"W-Why... why now...?" Makoto stammered. "All the Monokumas were deactivated--!"

"No, you dumb ahoge-boy! Not all of them, clearly! You really shouldn't be worried about me, you know. It's all of them. You just wanted a nice night out, didn't you? They wouldn't leave you and Kyoko alone for even a second!"

"That's... that's true... I don't understand why it had to go all wrong..."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Otto @York @ShiroKiyoshi @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Leon Moretti @Everyone​

@Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Glostechk

Laughing. They were all laughing. Noembelu put her hands to her ears, but it didn't stop. It wouldn't stop. The laughter went on and on and on and on. "W-What...what...what...do you want...?" She asked the bear, trying to calm herself down. She needed the laughing to stop. She needed to be in control again. She needed it all...to just stop.​

A searing pain entered Mason's leg just below the knee. He fell to the ground with a thud. His scream filled the whole room for a short moment, mixing with the newfound song of the room and getting lost within its melody. He bit his tongue to quiet his own screams as he tried to feel for the bolt in his leg. As he did, he felt the gush of warm blood around the metal rod.

"The left leg... Why always the left one?" This pain was familiar to Mason. It wasn't the first time he had been shot in the leg, and now it felt like it might not be the last. One thing he knew for sure is that his leg would be useless to walk on for a long time. He heard bone shatter as the bolt entered his leg.

From his position on the ground, Mason watched the yin-yang teddy bear make his grand entrance. Mason's eyes widened. Memories flowed into his mind on what this thing was. He remembered fighting hundreds upon hundreds of them at the end of the Coalition Civil War. He broke a good bunch of them. He tore then to pieces. But then, he had his powers. Not only did he have powers, but a boost in emotions and the power of his necklace gave him immense strength. Now, he was weakened, powerless, and broken.

The sight of the bear in this state filled Mason's heart with despair.​

"Leon, be careful! That bear... That's a Monokuma. I've tangled with these things once before. If he's here, that means three things.

"First, there are surely more nearby, and this situation is even bigger than we thought.

"Second is that there's going to be a lot of darkness and despair. That's unavoidable around Monokuma.

"Third... Is that we're probably in a Murder Game. Whoever truly brought us here wants malevolence, and lots of it. Even if history don't record it as such, the fact is that our lives are now in immense danger."

"Hey, Monokuma, no hard feelings about breaking a bunch of you, right? I have a suggestion, though. If you want to see death, get more accurate snipers!"

Mason forced out a laugh at his own joke. His voice began to crack with fear as he said, "I'm not afraid of you, Murder Bear! There's no need to be!"

@Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Otto @York @ShiroKiyoshi @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Leon Moretti @Everyone​

"Makoto, what are you saying?! We need to get out of here!" Kyoko exclaimed, her hand tightly gripping her so-called husband's hand as everything had suddenly collapsed before them, like an illusion made of glass, holding him closely in order to have them both evade whatever arrows came their way.

"I... I'm the one who brought everyone here. It's... It's a long story, but it's not their fault! You have to believe in me, Makoto. Nothing is as it seems right now," Kyoko said urgently, gazing into Makoto's eyes, clutching his hands. How many times had she asked that of him now? How many times had she asked the world of him? And of those times, how many times had he done it all for her?

Every time.

And sometimes, Kyoko wondered if it would be taken for granted.

"Right now, we need to get out of here. You have to come with us. Please."

@Atomyk

"GAH! Morikubo can't go on... like this..." Nono utters as she began to bleed from her left shoulder. Rant began to heal and bandage it.

"Thank you Rant," Nono said, still crying from the pain. "My friend needs healing as well, as does Mason... these injuries won't matter soon."

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this... Kiyohime..." Nono utters, "maybe Reiner had the better idea, but I guess there's no changing things..."

Nono turns to see Kyoko, stuck as she attempted to pull Makoto away.

"KYOKO!" Nono exclaims. "Kiyohime, go on without Morikubo."

Nono tugs onto Kyoko, attempting to pull her away.

"What if-" Nono shakes her head. "No, no what ifs. This is no time for what ifs!"

egu6vNM.jpg

"KYOKO, I'M NOT LEAVING YOU BEHIND!"

Nono exclaims back to the group, "we're going to need someone who's strong enough to carry a not-too-fully-grown man!"

Nono says as she lands a powerful kick on Makoto somewhere in the neck-or-backhead area, attempting to knock him unconscious.

"He can't be controlled if he's unconscious. We're going to have to carry him away from here," Nono says, "sorry, Kyoko's boyfriend, Morikubo had no choice..."

And so it was time to run.

@Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @York @Verite @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @ShiroKiyoshi @Otto @The Batter @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
None of the dancers moved to stop Raven. In fact, none seemed poised to do much at all unless Monokuma commanded it.

ZQPkCze.png

Monokuma shook his head. "What do I want?" he asked. "What am I really here for?"

Makoto was at a loss for words. "I..."

"Let me think," Monokuma said, his voice a tad lower now, as if he was attempting to be menacing. "What would you guys like? You're probably thinking, 'Why, a bear of this caliber wouldn't grace us with his presence if it wasn't to put us through a death game,' hmm? You're right, I can bearly stand the lot of ya'! But you do know there's more than one way to party, right? The dancers are sure enjoying the show!"

The dancers laughed in unison once again.

"Y'all comin' in here and messing up this magical night, why, I don't know you wouldn't expect an arrow in the leg! You may think I've ruined the party, but if anything, I've saved it. Did you hear them singing? Blegh! Awful! Zero out of ten!"

"He's talking in circles!" Tommy snapped. "I don't think he's here for shit."

"Of course I'm talking in circles! You would too if you had to talk to you guys for any length of time. My head's spinning just from listening to you! I mean, how dim can you be? A Murder Game? Who came up with that lame name? They are called death games, and any edgy spins on the name shall not be tolerated!"

He stomped his feet a couple of times before calming down. Though he had been angry at Mason for using the term "Murder Game," the bear was now smiling at him. "That's a nice try. Smile against the pain. You do know you can't fake hope, right? It's so drearily obvious. One would think such an obvious fake would be more despairing than actual despair."

O9lv529.png

Makoto felt Kyoko pulling on his arm, but he seemed unable to move. "Something isn't right here," he murmured. "Something just isn't right. This was supposed to be our perfect night, Kyoko, but... your friends..." He turned on her. "Everything was fine until your friends showed up! How do I know they didn't bring Monokuma!"

"It is all wrong!" Monokuma agreed happily. "And the more wrong it became, the worse it became. Now you're stuck! You ruined the evening, so this is what you've wrought! A night of despair! And on the field of despair, there is no honor."

Makoto grabbed at his head, seemingly now in pain. "Shut up...! Just shut up! Just go--!" He was mid-yell when Nono attacked him, knocking him to the ground hard enough to send him unconscious. Monokuma giggled at that.

SOgCdak.png

"Now you've done it."

The dancers pulled knives and various sharp instruments from their pockets, walking slowly to converge on the group. They still crowded the exits, making escape impossible if one wanted to keep a hold of their life. Monokuma raised his arms. "Archers! I have a target for you! Aim for the one looking for merriment."

Various bolts were fired straight at T'Challa.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Otto @York @ShiroKiyoshi @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Leon Moretti @Gands @Mason Moretti @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone​

None of the dancers moved to stop Raven. In fact, none seemed poised to do much at all unless Monokuma commanded it.

ZQPkCze.png

Monokuma shook his head. "What do I want?" he asked. "What am I really here for?"

"Let me think," Monokuma said, his voice a tad lower now, as if he was attempting to be menacing. "What would you guys like? You're probably thinking, 'Why, a bear of this caliber wouldn't grace us with his presence if it wasn't to put us through a death game,' hmm? You're right, I can bearly stand the lot of ya'! But you do know there's more than one way to party, right? The dancers are sure enjoying the show!"

"Y'all comin' in here and messing up this magical night, why, I don't know you wouldn't expect an arrow in the leg! You may think I've ruined the party, but if anything, I've saved it. Did you hear them singing? Blegh! Awful! Zero out of ten!"

"Of course I'm talking in circles! You would too if you had to talk to you guys for any length of time. My head's spinning just from listening to you! I mean, how dim can you be? A Murder Game? Who came up with that lame name? They are called death games, and any edgy spins on the name shall not be tolerated!"

He stomped his feet a couple of times before calming down. Though he had been angry at Mason for using the term "Murder Game," the bear was now smiling at him. "That's a nice try. Smile against the pain. You do know you can't fake hope, right? It's so drearily obvious. One would think such an obvious fake would be more despairing than actual despair."

O9lv529.png

Makoto felt Kyoko pulling on his arm, but he seemed unable to move. "Something isn't right here," he murmured. "Something just isn't right. This was supposed to be our perfect night, Kyoko, but... your friends..." He turned on her. "Everything was fine until your friends showed up! How do I know they didn't bring Monokuma!"

"It is all wrong!" Monokuma agreed happily. "And the more wrong it became, the worse it became. Now you're stuck! You ruined the evening, so this is what you've wrought! A night of despair! And on the field of despair, there is no honor."

Makoto grabbed at his head, seemingly now in pain. "Shut up...! Just shut up! Just go--!" He was mid-yell when Nono attacked him, knocking him to the ground hard enough to send him unconscious. Monokuma giggled at that.

SOgCdak.png

"Now you've done it."

The dancers pulled knives and various sharp instruments from their pockets, walking slowly to converge on the group. They still crowded the exits, making escape impossible if one wanted to keep a hold of their life. Monokuma raised his arms. "Archers! I have a target for you! Aim for the one looking for merriment."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Otto @York @ShiroKiyoshi @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Leon Moretti @Gands @Mason Moretti @Ryu Keiko @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone​

Amir glanced towards the archers, silently cursing her luck on not having her bow and arrows with her. If only she could use those against them. Noticing the dancers pulling out weapons, Amir reached into her belt for the knife she had there, ready to defend herself and protect Six and those closest to the two.

'If the Village back home could stand their ground against the Halgal and Batan clans with a disadvantage, then I can only hope that we can do the same here unless there's a miracle. ' she thought, gritting her teeth.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Takumi @Glostechk

Finally. Finally, while that damn bear monologued, Noembelu was able to gain some control back. Her breath, though still haggard, was more restrained, she could finally speak without stuttering, but at this point in time there was no time to speak.

There was only time to act.

Her mind went to Marz. Shy, timid Marz. Recon first, fight as a last resort Marz. Constantly apologizing for her existance Marz. That same girl sacrificed herself to defeat F.A.N.G, and Shadaloo with him. She's overheard Rashid, when it was all over. Her last words?

"I'm just a Doll. No one would care if I..."

But someone cared. Noembelu cared. She cared about Marz. And Honda. And Six. And Amir. And Phil. And T'Challa. She wasn't a Doll, she was human, damn it! And she was done taking orders. She was done taking lives. Now...she was going to start saving them.

That's why Noembelu ran into the fray, tackling T'Challa to the ground. Hopefully the two of them would be knocked away from the arrows. If not...Noembelu would be a pincushion. No matter what, she refused to stand by and let things happen anymore. She had control now, and by God, was she going to use it.​

ZQPkCze.png

O9lv529.png

SOgCdak.png

"Now you've done it."

Cap99999turet.PNG

That was it, the distraction he needed. With the archers preoccupied by firing at T'Challa, and Noembelu's actions, Adam made a sprint to the escape, he wasn't that far from it anyways. Contrary to popular belief, Adam was quiet skilled in comba with years of experience, never having to utilize it due to him having the power of six gods. He would pass by a dancer, attempting to grab the knife in his hands and carry it with him to try and carve is his way through the exit.

"Let us leave this place!" He shouted aloud.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Yun Lee

ZQPkCze.png

O9lv529.png

SOgCdak.png

"Now you've done it."

Amir glanced towards the archers, silently cursing her luck on not having her bow and arrows with her. If only she could use those against them. Noticing the dancers pulling out weapons, Amir reached into her belt for the knife she had there, ready to defend herself and protect Six and those closest to the two.

'If the Village back home could stand their ground against the Halgal and Batan clans with a disadvantage, then I can only hope that we can do the same here unless there's a miracle. ' she thought, gritting her teeth.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Archmage Jeremiah @Everyone

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Takumi @Glostechk

Finally. Finally, while that damn bear monologued, Noembelu was able to gain some control back. Her breath, though still haggard, was more restrained, she could finally speak without stuttering, but at this point in time there was no time to speak.

There was only time to act.

Her mind went to Marz. Shy, timid Marz. Recon first, fight as a last resort Marz. Constantly apologizing for her existance Marz. That same girl sacrificed herself to defeat F.A.N.G, and Shadaloo with him. She's overheard Rashid, when it was all over. Her last words?

"I'm just a Doll. No one would care if I..."

But someone cared. Noembelu cared. She cared about Marz. And Honda. And Six. And Amir. And Phil. And T'Challa. She wasn't a Doll, she was human, damn it! And she was done taking orders. She was done taking lives. Now...she was going to start saving them.

That's why Noembelu ran into the fray, tackling T'Challa to the ground. Hopefully the two of them would be knocked away from the arrows. If not...Noembelu would be a pincushion. No matter what, she refused to stand by and let things happen anymore. She had control now, and by God, was she going to use it.​

That was it, the distraction he needed. With the archers preoccupied by firing at T'Challa, and Noembelu's actions, Adam made a sprint to the escape, he wasn't that far from it anyways. Contrary to popular belief, Adam was quiet skilled in comba with years of experience, never having to utilize it due to him having the power of six gods. He would pass by a dancer, attempting to grab the knife in his hands and carry it with him to try and carve is his way through the exit.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Yun Lee

"Kyoko, you carry your boyfriend, Morikubo will fend for you both... probably... hurry!"

Nono takes her ice pick from earlier out in preparation for combat. Nono then closed in to Six, Black Adam and Amir, as well as all who were close to them, so that she could utilise the advantage of power in numbers, as well as some protection, expecting Kyoko to follow along at the back.

She briefly looked at the Black Panther ready to be targeted by a thousand arrows, and Noembelu taking the hit, but ultimately, there was nothing that could be done - nothing that Nono could do, at least.

Nono looked away. The sight was too frightening.

"I- i- i- impossible... absolutely impossible," Nono froze at the sight of the bloodthirsty dancers closing in to her. "It's impossible for Morikubo to protect..."

@Verite @Atomyk @Takumi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @York @The Batter @Bomb @etcetcetc​

"Kyoko, you carry your boyfriend, Morikubo will fend for you both... probably... hurry!"

Nono takes her ice pick from earlier out in preparation for combat. Nono then closed in to Six, Black Adam and Amir, as well as all who were close to them, so that she could utilise the advantage of power in numbers, as well as some protection, expecting Kyoko to follow along at the back.

She briefly looked at the Black Panther ready to be targeted by a thousand arrows, and Noembelu taking the hit, but ultimately, there was nothing that could be done - nothing that Nono could do, at least.

"I- i- i- impossible... absolutely impossible," Nono froze at the sight of the bloodthirsty dancers closing in to her. "It's impossible for Morikubo to protect..."

@Verite @Atomyk @Takumi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @York @The Batter @Bomb @etcetcetc​

Leon got ready as he moved towards Nono and crew, ready for battle. "Even when it seems impossible Nono.. You can't let it stop you from fighting. Have hope and fight until we reach the finish line. " He said as if he lifted his own spirits. "If someone goes down, we help them up and keep fighting for them." Remembering multiple moments from his past. Memories where he has almost lost all hope, but then realized that he had others to help him in the fight.​

@Verite @Atomyk @Takumi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @York @The Batter @Bomb @Crow @Mason Moretti

1eb50994392d7fd25193a242a409e0eb45f6f452_hq.gif

It was on now. With the onset of all those arrows on T'Challa and Noembelu, and her being grabbed by force, Saeko saw these things deserving. With the poise and grace of a dancer, Saeko took a flying leap and twirl towards the one that had grabbed her. She slashed her sword at it and kicked it to the ground. She then moved towards another one cutting their head. These things weren't human. They were like "Them" in her world. Hollow versions of humans. Several came at her with a knife. She knocked one in the face, making it collapse into another one.

She dug her sword into the floor and did a spinning kick at one. She seemed to be almost relishing the experience, enjoying this. Her sword would go through one, and then another. She made her way to the door, clearing out several of them. Hopefully that would also lighten the load for others.

d533fe1c176ba92f89e41fde3eee7926.gif

@thatguyinthestore @Atomyk

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person

"Now you've done it."

Various bolts were fired straight at T'Challa.​
"..."

Shen was tired of hesitating. He didn't care how vulnerable he was without his abilities, now was the time to demonstrate his superior judgment.​

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Yun Lee
It was on now. With the onset of all those arrows on T'Challa and Noembelu, and her being grabbed by force, Saeko saw these things deserving. With the poise and grace of a dancer, Saeko took a flying leap and twirl towards the one that had grabbed her. She slashed her sword at it and kicked it to the ground. She then moved towards another one cutting their head. These things weren't human. They were like "Them" in her world. Hollow versions of humans. Several came at her with a knife. She knocked one in the face, making it collapse into another one.

She dug her sword into the floor and did a spinning kick at one. She seemed to be almost relishing the experience, enjoying this. Her sword would go through one, and then another. She made her way to the door, clearing out several of them. Hopefully that would also lighten the load for others.

Since Shen had chosen to stay in the back of the room, most of the dancers' backs were turned toward him. Wielding his Ionian steel saber, he sprinted toward Adam and Saeko and began attacking the dancers from behind, aiding in their effort to cleave through the crowd and toward the exit.

TpRII0y.jpg

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva @Atomyk @anyone​

Leon got ready as he moved towards Nono and crew, ready for battle. "Even when it seems impossible Nono.. You can't let it stop you from fighting. Have hope and fight until we reach the finish line. " He said as if he lifted his own spirits. "If someone goes down, we help them up and keep fighting for them." Remembering multiple moments from his past. Memories where he has almost lost all hope, but then realized that he had others to help him in the fight.​

@Verite @Atomyk @Takumi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Jeremi @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @York @The Batter @Bomb @Crow @Mason Moretti

1eb50994392d7fd25193a242a409e0eb45f6f452_hq.gif

d533fe1c176ba92f89e41fde3eee7926.gif

"..."

Shen was tired of hesitating. He didn't care how vulnerable he was without his abilities, now was the time to demonstrate his superior judgment.​

Since Shen had chosen to stay in the back of the room, most of the dancers' backs were turned toward him. Wielding his Ionian steel saber, he sprinted toward Adam and Saeko and began attacking the dancers from behind, aiding in their effort to cleave through the crowd and toward the exit.

TpRII0y.jpg

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva @Atomyk @anyone​

"Bur Leon, fighting truly is impossible for Morikubo...

... dancing, on the other hand, is an neccessary part of her profession!"

Left arm behind her back, Nono started to whip up some moves, nigh-unpredictable moves to land powerful kicks on and stab the various henchmen in their hearts. Combining her efforts with Saeko's, Black Adam's, Shen's and Amir's, little to none could halt them!

Nono had to fight. Nono had to come out of her shell.

Or else, all would be lost.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti

ZQPkCze.png

O9lv529.png

SOgCdak.png

"Now you've done it."

jFJFlkL.png

"Everyone, do your best!" Lola cheered on.

What, you think a young loli would fight on that many dancers and an animatronic bear?

Even if she were to be paid to do it, she didn't have much to use as a weapon. So good luck everyone!

@s-s-s-shitpost! @everyone concerned​

ZQPkCze.png

O9lv529.png

SOgCdak.png

"Now you've done it."

"Bur Leon, fighting truly is impossible for Morikubo...

... dancing, on the other hand, is an neccessary part of her profession!"

Left arm behind her back, Nono started to whip up some moves, nigh-unpredictable moves to land powerful kicks on and stab the various henchmen in their hearts. Combining her efforts with Saeko's, Black Adam's, Shen's and Amir's, little to none could halt them!

Nono had to fight. Nono had to come out of her shell.

Or else, all would be lost.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti
tumblr_oii5jiAauP1v3qowuo3_100.png

"If that's how this is to be, then fine... Try and kill us, and I'll return the favor... killing you back!"

Clouded judgment, Kiyo drew out that combat knife that Reiner had given her earlier. Originally she would've fought for herself, for her own survival, but there were a select few that she didn't want to be harmed... And these people had the nerve...

Holding the knife with her good arm, Kiyohime rushed to stab one of the dancers, and if so, she would end up continuously stabbing said target even after their death should that come.

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Minerva @Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Verite @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti

B8j5FOZ.jpg

Meanwhile, Toffee stood by and watched the fight in silence.

@Nobudi​

Phil Connors

Phil didn't know what to do. He wasn't a fighter and he sure as hell didn't know sword fighting. He just awkwardly stood next to Toffee, wondering why the monster wasn't fighting.

@Nobody really

Phil Connors

Phil didn't know what to do. He wasn't a fighter and he sure as hell didn't know sword fighting. He just awkwardly stood next to Toffee, wondering why the monster wasn't fighting.

@Nobody really
vk0roZy.jpg

Toffee would tug out a bowl of popcorn and offer some to Phil.

"Popcorn?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

Phil Connors

Phil was very confused where the lizard had gotten popcorn from or why he was offering it to him.

" Sure, some popcorn would be nice,"
he said, as he took some in his hand. He was surprised Toffee was being nice to him.

@thatguyinthestore

Continued from here.

The story so far...
At a dinner hosted by Wanda Maximoff, nothing was as it seemed.

Agatha Harkness arrived to crash the party and threatened Wanda, telling her she was not herself. Wanda lashed out in anger and attempted to cut off Agatha from her powers, her actions ending up removing everyone of their abilities.

"Daddy" then arrived and attacked the group. He slammed Josephine's head against the table, killing her, while Kyoko pleaded with Wanda to end this. Seemingly at odds with herself, Wanda commanded everyone to go and enveloped them in some kind of spell that teleported them to an old building.

Here, the group split up to find a way out but ended up coming across many traps and puzzles along the way. A group in the basement found a slot machine that took strange coins. The machine rewarded both prizes and punishments, inconveniencing the group until they found a fuse. This fuse allowed the group to open up a stairwell to the attic where they encountered some kind of monster.

Another group found a strange tape in the living room and, upon playing it, learned the footage was backward. Phil ended up playing a song found hidden behind a portrait backward in order to open a secret passage, which led down into an undiscovered part of the basement. A group ventured down, where they had to face a passage submerged in water. It was here they discovered the dead body of Josephine. Her body had a key on it, which opened a cell in the basement, freeing a man named Shane. He didn't seem to remember anything, but he did recall a set of four numbers.

A third group went to the bathroom where, after solving a puzzle, found a key to a cabinet in the kitchen. In the cabinet was a dummy hand that had another key hidden inside of it. The kitchen group also found a tree sapling statuette by using bolt cutters on a padlock.

A few of the groups converged to watch the tape after Billy fixed it to play forward. The tape showed footage of two males, Makoto and Jude, both of which Kyoko knew. The two briefly discussed their situation, alluding to a code the group would need. The tape ended when the pair were attacked by some kind of enraged woman.

Using the various codes and items found, the group unlocked a passage in the attack and opened a door to a bright light. This light enveloped the group and they found themselves inside a ballroom filled with dancers who refused to show their faces. Makoto greeted the group here, apparently now married to Kyoko and with memories of a pleasant life.

The group was unsure how to proceed, but eventually, they try to mess with the evening, which caused the dancers to attack them. After enough chaos was made, crossbowmen appeared to shoot members of the group, which signaled the entrance of a bear named Monokuma. The bear taunted the group, who believed him now to be the mastermind of all this. He assured them he wasn't, but when they tried to flee, he ordered his lackeys to attack the group.

Chapter Two
"Don't Keep the Man Waiting"

At a time indeterminate...

"Check the old house, Genji! Marguerite, keep an eye on the others. Jack, go to the guest house!"

Ruby rushed into the greenhouse as she heard shouting echo from somewhere nearby. There was no doubt Wanda was on her heels. Ruby ducked for a low hanging wall, just so she could peek over it to watch Wanda as she entered the greenhouse carrying a large pair of shears. She moved slowly and called out in a soft tone.

"Oh, Ruby... Where are you? I know you and I had our words and maybe Jack got too handy on you. The man is strict and you'll be his daughter soon, you know? It should be water under the bridge, so... Come on out!"

Getting closer to Ruby, Wanda kept talking. "The boys, they want to see you. They love 'Aunt Ruby.' I know you enjoy playing with them..."

Suddenly, Wanda lashed out with her powers and knocked over Ruby's covering.

"So why won't you just accept her gift!?"

With her cover gone, Ruby knew there was no use in hiding, not anymore... Never in her life, had she expected for it to come to this with Wanda, but considering the situation at hand, It looked like she had no other choice...

"I... didn't! I couldn't!" she cried out in vain.

Her hand reached for her trusty Crescent Rose, stowed away on her back. With the whole family around, it didn't seem feasible before, but now... Drawing her weapon, Ruby aimed it at Wanda. She didn't want to have to use it on her friend, but she knew she might just have to.

"Please Wanda... Wake up... Don't make me do this...!" she said quietly.

Though in the end, if her words didn't do the trick, she still had her semblance and her Crescent Rose to rely on. Though even that might not have been enough for the Scarlet Witch.

Wanda stood for a moment, staring. Eventually, she slowly walked toward the girl. Ruby's powers were useless. Wanda only had to make it a reality with just one thought. With a wave of her hand, the Crescent Rose was sent flying out of sight. Wanda stepped forward and grabbed at the girl's neck. Ruby fought back, but Wanda was strong. Lifting the girl in the air by her neck, Wanda plunged the shears into Ruby's gut, her eyes fixed on her former friend.

Wanda stopped. She tossed the shears to the wall.

"Run..."

Without her semblance, aura, or even her Crescent Rose, the odds were stacked against Ruby. When Wanda dropped her, she fell to the ground in a heap, defeated. Her body was filled with pain, but yet... even when Wanda told her to run, she found that she couldn't.

Instead, she gritted her teeth against the intense pain and got herself up with a defiant and almost stubborn look in her eyes. Perhaps some aspects of Sophie had rubbed off on her after all...

"No! I... won't... let you... hurt... anyone else...!" she said through gritted teeth.

Raising her hands as she began to stumble forwards, it seemed that she was dead set on fighting until the very end.

Wanda teared up as she watched the Red Reaper. Ruby was ready to fight, but Wanda seemed tired. Instead of lashing out, she ended up doing something surpising. Wanda picked the girl up and into her arms. Craddling her, Wanda slowly moved to a rocking chair in the corner of the greenhouse, a trail of Ruby's blood following in her wake.

Ruby's body was battered, but her spirit had yet to break, and in Wanda's brief moment of what looked to be lucidity, Ruby reached out a hand to grasp Wanda's.

Fixing Ruby's hair, Wanda stared into Ruby's eyes. Turning her head slightly, Wanda spoke in whispers. "I know you and I, we didn't know each other long. I have always admired you. I saw you as someone with limitless potential. I always enjoyed eating with you, and working with you... God, I'm sorry..."

Still fixing Ruby's hair, Wanda frowned.

"I curse you, Ruby Rose."

Hissing could by heard. As Ruby turned her head, she saw that her blood trail had begun to steam.

"May your blood boil for your betrayal!"

A sad smile crossed Ruby's face and a searing pain began to fill her body. "Wanda...!" Ruby hissed. "Keep fighting it...! I know you can...!"

Her vision was beginning to blur as the pain only worsened. Blisters were beginning to form on her skin, and it felt like her veins were being set on fire at this point. The smell of burning flesh was starting to permeate the air.

"Where I failed... someone else... will succeed... I promise..." she said, weakly.

It wasn't long after that her body stopped showing signs of life and she went completely limp.

At a time in the present...

As all hell broke loose in the ballroom, the lights began to flicker off and on. A humming could be heard and suddenly the arrows aimed at T'Challa and Noembelu burned in some kind of great fire. It was then that the Scarlet Witch appeared in front of the group and she matched glares with the bear.

"Monokuma."

The witch frowned, looking about to snap.

"Go."

"Wanda!" Kyoko called out, attempting to hold up Makoto through all the confusion, "What's going on here?!"

PVXra2i.png

"Oh, look, a jibber-jabbering little witch." Monokuma stared Wanda down, looking unafraid of her threats. "Don't you know who I am, sister? I am the big bear on campus! The grand poohbear! Where I go is my domain, that's how this goes! Monokuma is always the chess master, never the pawn! If I am here, then that must mean I am the orchestrator of these events! The one who is spreading despair!"

Teleporting in front of the bear, Wanda looked down at him, malice in her eyes. "My family has no time for your games. You're a liar."

Flames surrounded the bear and Wanda slowly walked into the inferno. The woman glowed, bathed in light and fire. She was miraculously unharmed.

"You're nothing, bear. Nothing but an unfortunate byproduct. You hear me? I am the one who to be fear now! Not you anymore! Now, burn and die!"

"W-W-W-Whaaaa?!"

Monokuma was helpless before Wanda's might. The bear let out a very confused cry as the flames consumed him, melting down his parts into scrap.

The dancers and crossbowmen started gunning for her, but Wanda was like a lightning storm, throwing magical spells to cut down all that would do her harm.

kiri010.png

"...!"

Kyoko could only watch as the bizarre display unfolded before her; the sudden appearance of both friend(?) and foe, and just as suddenly, the death of one. Her legs were frozen where they stood at the given moment, weighed down by Makoto's weight as well, but she was no fool. She knew well enough how powerful Wanda was, and given how unstable she was the last time they had spoken, it was best that the Coalition leader didn't risk getting caught in the crossfire, so she bolted for the exit along with everyone else.

The dancers blocking the exit were dispersed by everyone's efforts, giving everyone an opportunity to make a run for the exit. Tommy was first to the door, but when he threw it open, he found himself facing an endless white void. A bright light began to envelop the ballroom much like before, though Wanda paid it no heed. Soon, everyone was falling into that endless white abyss...

After an indeterminate amount of time, the group woke up.

All at once, they came awake, lifting their heads to find they were in a dark, cramped room. Once their senses came around, it was clear they were in a classroom with the usual classroom amenities: desks, chairs, a blackboard, and various other equipment. Most striking of which was a video projector in the middle of the room.

The next thing the group would notice was that for some of them, their equipment was missing. Aside from weapons brought from home and and the items found after dinner, their inventories had been cleaned out.

What was probably more strange was that everyone had a new piece of equipment: a strange bracelet attached to their left wrists.

7ZMxhnR.png

It was fastened in a way so that it couldn't be taken off. It appeared to measure one's heartbeat, though it seemed unclear if it was accurate. It apparently told the time as well, but all it showed was 02:20 PM.

In addition, Makoto was still here, but now he was face-down on the floor, the only one still unconscious. The device was on his wrist as well.

"Does... anyone have any idea what just happened?" Billy asked.

"I'm... not sure," Kyoko said. "But if there's one thing for certain that I think we can all agree on, it's that something's definitely wrong, and I think it even extends past Wanda."

As she spoke, Kyoko rubbed her head, massaging her temples as she looked around, taking in the new surroundings and circumstances everyone found themselves in. The questions only kept piling on, and the answers were ever continuously fleeting, like stars. Seated next to Makoto, she attempted to wake up the young man, shaking his shoulder, but to no avail, it seemed.

Without warning, the projector sprang to life, showing off a video. It was blurry at first, but soon the image focused and one could see a man sitting down to face the camera. He smiled wide.

"Hey... Hey! You lookin' at me yet?"

z34mjSp.gif

"Yeah, come on... look on right over here. There you go. Pay attention now, y'all." He leaned back slowly, seeming to savor the moment. "I mean, look at all of y'all. I was wondering, which of you has what it takes? See, you, my friends, are gonna play a little game. Or, I guess it's not really a little game, is it?"

The man broke out into giggles. "Friends, let me introduce to you the one, the only, Lucas Baker. The prodigal son in a world gone right mad. You hear me? You all, get to witness, the fruits of my labor. Y'see, I pretty much got the house to myself these days, so I was thinkin', when I get a moment, why not have a little fun? And with y'all so conveniently here to play, well..."

Lucas raised to the screen a smartwatch, the same ones on everyone's wrists. "This? I don't even know what it's called. I think that bitch called it a-a... codex? Right, well, this little codex doesn't quite do what you expect it to. Y'see that green line bumpin' up and down? Well, think of that as your HP... you guys 'ave played a video game, right? Well, any damage you take will affect your HP. That green line will turn yellow, then red, then-- Boom! Eh, not quite so dramatic. For most of you, it's gonna insert a drug that'll kill ya'. Great, right?"

Lucas dropped the codex and clapped his hands. "Now I know some of you got those fancy suits, some of you look like damn monsters, and, hell, one of you is a fuckin' robot! But I assure you, one way or another, when the time comes, that little thing will do you in. You understand that? Stub your toe or get your damn leg cut off, that thing will know, and it don't care what state you're in. Even if those injuries of yours ain't life threatening, it will be over for you, no continues!"

kiri022.png

Kyoko could only glare intently at the man on the projector screen as he wildly rambled on, finding the situation depressingly familiar. Another death game, huh? Not something so loose like a "Murder Game," but rather, a more literal sense of the phrase. The lavender detective considered speaking up, but she didn't know what to say and figured that Lucas was the type of man who abhorred being interrupted.

"Now..." Lucas paused, taking a deep breath. "Now if you're wonderin' how you win, well... let me just leave you on pins 'n needles, all right? You probably should work on gettin' out of that room for now. Have a good one!"

The video ended and the projector shut off.

"... Well now this is fuckin' bullshit," Shane said.

Continued here.

Cast List
@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Arno Victor Dorian [Assassin's Creed]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Midnight Maiden as Belle French [Once Upon a Time]
@dalecOoOoOoOoOper as Dale Bartholomew Cooper [Twin Peaks]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@Ryu Keiko as Koriand'r [DC Comics]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Bomb as Lola [Fairy Fencer F]
@dark as Marcus Wright [Terminator]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Percival of the Round Table [Sonic and the Black Knight]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse [OC]
@Gands as Raven Darkholme [X-Men Cinematic Universe]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Rumpelstiltskin [Once Upon a Time]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Seishin Ryuu as Spartan-B312 [Halo]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta [Overwatch]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]

Last edited:
@Atomyk @Anyone

Well, a small part of Noembelu wished those arrows had killed her. This was...this was downright insane. She was absolutely terrified by all this. She had to make sure she kept her cool now more than ever, or else.

Taking a deep breath, Noembelu got right to work. She began to examine the desks in order to see if they had anything inside them.​

Continued from here.

The story so far...
At a dinner hosted by Wanda Maximoff, nothing was as it seemed.

Agatha Harkness arrived to crash the party and threatened Wanda, telling her she was not herself. Wanda lashed out in anger and attempted to cut off Agatha from her powers, her actions ending up removing everyone of their abilities.

"Daddy" then arrived and attacked the group. He slammed Josephine's head against the table, killing her, while Kyoko pleaded with Wanda to end this. Seemingly at odds with herself, Wanda commanded everyone to go and enveloped them in some kind of spell that teleported them to an old building.

Here, the group split up to find a way out but ended up coming across many traps and puzzles along the way. A group in the basement found a slot machine that took strange coins. The machine rewarded both prizes and punishments, inconveniencing the group until they found a fuse. This fuse allowed the group to open up a stairwell to the attic where they encountered some kind of monster.

Another group found a strange tape in the living room and, upon playing it, learned the footage was backward. Phil ended up playing a song found hidden behind a portrait backward in order to open a secret passage, which led down into an undiscovered part of the basement. A group ventured down, where they had to face a passage submerged in water. It was here they discovered the dead body of Josephine. Her body had a key on it, which opened a cell in the basement, freeing a man named Shane. He didn't seem to remember anything, but he did recall a set of four numbers.

A third group went to the bathroom where, after solving a puzzle, found a key to a cabinet in the kitchen. In the cabinet was a dummy hand that had another key hidden inside of it. The kitchen group also found a tree sapling statuette by using bolt cutters on a padlock.

A few of the groups converged to watch the tape after Billy fixed it to play forward. The tape showed footage of two males, Makoto and Jude, both of which Kyoko knew. The two briefly discussed their situation, alluding to a code the group would need. The tape ended when the pair were attacked by some kind of enraged woman.

Using the various codes and items found, the group unlocked a passage in the attack and opened a door to a bright light. This light enveloped the group and they found themselves inside a ballroom filled with dancers who refused to show their faces. Makoto greeted the group here, apparently now married to Kyoko and with memories of a pleasant life.

The group was unsure how to proceed, but eventually, they try to mess with the evening, which caused the dancers to attack them. After enough chaos was made, crossbowmen appeared to shoot members of the group, which signaled the entrance of a bear named Monokuma. The bear taunted the group, who believed him now to be the mastermind of all this. He assured them he wasn't, but when they tried to flee, he ordered his lackeys to attack the group.

Chapter Two
"Don't Keep the Man Waiting"

At a time indeterminate...

"Check the old house, Genji! Margaret, keep an eye on the others. Jack, go to the guest house!"

Ruby rushed into the greenhouse as she heard shouting echo from somewhere nearby. There was no doubt Wanda was on her heels. Ruby ducked for a low hanging wall, just so she could peek over it to watch Wanda as she entered the greenhouse carrying a large pair of shears. She moved slowly and called out in a soft tone.

"Oh, Ruby... Where are you? I know you and I had our words and maybe Jack got too handy on you. The man is strict and you'll be his daughter soon, you know? It should be water under the bridge, so... Come on out!"

Getting closer to Ruby, Wanda kept talking. "The boys, they want to see you. They love 'Aunt Ruby.' I know you enjoy playing with them..."

Suddenly, Wanda lashed out with her powers and knocked over Ruby's covering.

"So why won't you just accept her gift!?"

With her cover gone, Ruby knew there was no use in hiding, not anymore... Never in her life, had she expected for it to come to this with Wanda, but considering the situation at hand, It looked like she had no other choice...

"I... didn't! I couldn't!" she cried out in vain.

Her hand reached for her trusty Crescent Rose, stowed away on her back. With the whole family around, it didn't seem feasible before, but now... Drawing her weapon, Ruby aimed it at Wanda. She didn't want to have to use it on her friend, but she knew she might just have to.

"Please Wanda... Wake up... Don't make me do this...!" she said quietly.

Though in the end, if her words didn't do the trick, she still had her semblance and her Crescent Rose to rely on. Though even that might not have been enough for the Scarlet Witch.

Wanda stood for a moment, staring. Eventually, she slowly walked toward the girl. Ruby's powers were useless. Wanda only had to make it a reality with just one thought. With a wave of her hand, the Crescent Rose was sent flying out of sight. Wanda stepped forward and grabbed at the girl's neck. Ruby fought back, but Wanda was strong. Lifting the girl in the air by her neck, Wanda plunged the shears into Ruby's gut, her eyes fixed on her former friend.

Wanda stopped. She tossed the shears to the wall.

"Run..."

Without her semblance, aura, or even her Crescent Rose, the odds were stacked against Ruby. When Wanda dropped her, she fell to the ground in a heap, defeated. Her body was filled with pain, but yet... even when Wanda told her to run, she found that she couldn't.

Instead, she gritted her teeth against the intense pain and got herself up with a defiant and almost stubborn look in her eyes. Perhaps some aspects of Sophie had rubbed off on her after all...

"No! I... won't... let you... hurt... anyone else...!" she said through gritted teeth.

Raising her hands as she began to stumble forwards, it seemed that she was dead set on fighting until the very end.

Wanda teared up as she watched the Red Reaper. Ruby was ready to fight, but Wanda seemed tired. Instead of lashing out, she ended up doing something surpising. Wanda picked the girl up and into her arms. Craddling her, Wanda slowly moved to a rocking chair in the corner of the greenhouse, a trail of Ruby's blood following in her wake.

Ruby's body was battered, but her spirit had yet to break, and in Wanda's brief moment of what looked to be lucidity, Ruby reached out a hand to grasp Wanda's.

Fixing Ruby's hair, Wanda stared into Ruby's eyes. Turning her head slightly, Wanda spoke in whispers. "I know you and I, we didn't know each other long. I have always admired you. I saw you as someone with limitless potential. I always enjoyed eating with you, and working with you... God, I'm sorry..."

Still fixing Ruby's hair, Wanda frowned.

"I curse you, Ruby Rose."

Hissing could by heard. As Ruby turned her head, she saw that her blood trail had begun to steam.

"May your blood boil for your betrayal!"

A sad smile crossed Ruby's face and a searing pain began to fill her body. "Wanda...!" Ruby hissed. "Keep fighting it...! I know you can...!"

Her vision was beginning to blur as the pain only worsened. Blisters were beginning to form on her skin, and it felt like her veins were being set on fire at this point. The smell of burning flesh was starting to permeate the air.

"Where I failed... someone else... will succeed... I promise..." she said, weakly.

It wasn't long after that her body stopped showing signs of life and she went completely limp.

At a time in the present...

As all hell broke loose in the ballroom, the lights began to flicker off and on. A humming could be heard and suddenly the arrows aimed at T'Challa and Noembelu burned in some kind of great fire. It was then that the Scarlet Witch appeared in front of the group and she matched glares with the bear.

"Monokuma."

The witch frowned, looking about to snap.

"Go."

"Wanda!" Kyoko called out, attempting to hold up Makoto through all the confusion, "What's going on here?!"

PVXra2i.png

"Oh, look, a jibber-jabbering little witch." Monokuma stared Wanda down, looking unafraid of her threats. "Don't you know who I am, sister? I am the big bear on campus! The grand poohbear! Where I go is my domain, that's how this goes! Monokuma is always the chess master, never the pawn! If I am here, then that must mean I am the orchestrator of these events! The one who is spreading despair!"

Teleporting in front of the bear, Wanda looked down at him, malice in her eyes. "My family has no time for your games. You're a liar."

Flames surrounded the bear and Wanda slowly walked into the inferno. The woman glowed, bathed in light and fire. She was miraculously unharmed.

"You're nothing, bear. Nothing but an unfortunate byproduct. You hear me? I am the one who to be fear now! Not you anymore! Now, burn and die!"

"W-W-W-Whaaaa?!"

Monokuma was helpless before Wanda's might. The bear let out a very confused cry as the flames consumed him, melting down his parts into scrap.

The dancers and crossbowmen started gunning for her, but Wanda was like a lightning storm, throwing magical spells to cut down all that would do her harm.

kiri010.png

"...!"

Kyoko could only watch as the bizarre display unfolded before her; the sudden appearance of both friend(?) and foe, and just as suddenly, the death of one. Her legs were frozen where they stood at the given moment, weighed down by Makoto's weight as well, but she was no fool. She knew well enough how powerful Wanda was, and given how unstable she was the last time they had spoken, it was best that the Coalition leader didn't risk getting caught in the crossfire, so she bolted for the exit along with everyone else.

The dancers blocking the exit were dispersed by everyone's efforts, giving everyone an opportunity to make a run for the exit. Tommy was first to the door, but when he threw it open, he found himself facing an endless white void. A bright light began to envelop the ballroom much like before, though Wanda paid it no heed. Soon, everyone was falling into that endless white abyss...

After an indeterminate amount of time, the group woke up.

All at once, they came awake, lifting their heads to find they were in a dark, cramped room. Once their senses came around, it was clear they were in a classroom with the usual classroom amenities: desks, chairs, a blackboard, and various other equipment. Most striking of which was a video projector in the middle of the room.

The next thing the group would notice was that for some of them, their equipment was missing. Aside from weapons brought from home and and the items found after dinner, their inventories had been cleaned out.

What was probably more strange was that everyone had a new piece of equipment: a strange bracelet attached to their left wrists.

7ZMxhnR.png

It was fastened in a way so that it couldn't be taken off. It appeared to measure one's heartbeat, though it seemed unclear if it was accurate. It apparently told the time as well, but all it showed was 02:20 PM.

In addition, Makoto was still here, but now he was face-down on the floor, the only one still unconscious. The device was on his wrist as well.

"Does... anyone have any idea what just happened?" Billy asked.

"I'm... not sure," Kyoko said. "But if there's one thing for certain that I think we can all agree on, it's that something's definitely wrong, and I think it even extends past Wanda."

As she spoke, Kyoko rubbed her head, massaging her temples as she looked around, taking in the new surroundings and circumstances everyone found themselves in. The questions only kept piling on, and the answers were ever continuously fleeting, like stars. Seated next to Makoto, she attempted to wake up the young man, shaking his shoulder, but to no avail, it seemed.

Without warning, the projector sprang to life, showing off a video. It was blurry at first, but soon the image focused and one could see a man sitting down to face the camera. He smiled wide.

"Hey... Hey! You lookin' at me yet?"

z34mjSp.gif

"Yeah, come on... look on right over here. There you go. Pay attention now, y'all." He leaned back slowly, seeming to savor the moment. "I mean, look at all of y'all. I was wondering, which of you has what it takes? See, you, my friends, are gonna play a little game. Or, I guess it's not really a little game, is it?"

The man broke out into giggles. "Friends, let me introduce to you the one, the only, Lucas Baker. The prodigal son in a world gone right mad. You hear me? You all, get to witness, the fruits of my labor. Y'see, I pretty much got the house to myself these days, so I was thinkin', when I get a moment, why not have a little fun? And with y'all so conveniently here to play, well..."

Lucas raised to the screen a smartwatch, the same ones on everyone's wrists. "This? I don't even know what it's called. I think that bitch called it a-a... codex? Right, well, this little codex doesn't quite do what you expect it to. Y'see that green line bumpin' up and down? Well, think of that as your HP... you guys 'ave played a video game, right? Well, any damage you take will affect your HP. That green line will turn yellow, then red, then-- Boom! Eh, not quite so dramatic. For most of you, it's gonna insert a drug that'll kill ya'. Great, right?"

Lucas dropped the codex and clapped his hands. "Now I know some of you got those fancy suits, some of you look like damn monsters, and, hell, one of you is a fuckin' robot! But I assure you, one way or another, when the time comes, that little thing will do you in. You understand that? Stub your toe or get your damn leg cut off, that thing will know, and it don't care what state you're in. Even if those injuries of yours ain't life threatening, it will be over for you, no continues!"

kiri022.png

Kyoko could only glare intently at the man on the projector screen as he wildly rambled on, finding the situation depressingly familiar. Another death game, huh? Not something so loose like a "Murder Game," but rather, a more literal sense of the phrase. The lavender detective considered speaking up, but she didn't know what to say and figured that Lucas was the type of man who abhorred being interrupted.

"Now..." Lucas paused, taking a deep breath. "Now if you're wonderin' how you win, well... let me just leave you on pins 'n needles, all right? You probably should work on gettin' out of that room for now. Have a good one!"

The video ended and the projector shut off.

"... Well now this is fuckin' bullshit," Shane said.

Cast List
@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Arno Victor Dorian [Assassin's Creed]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Midnight Maiden as Belle French [Once Upon a Time]
@dalecOoOoOoOoOper as Dale Bartholomew Cooper [Twin Peaks]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@Ryu Keiko as Koriand'r [DC Comics]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Bomb as Lola [Fairy Fencer F]
@dark as Marcus Wright [Terminator]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Percival of the Round Table [Sonic and the Black Knight]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse [OC]
@Gands as Raven Darkholme [X-Men Cinematic Universe]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Rumpelstiltskin [Once Upon a Time]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Seishin Ryuu as Spartan-B312 [Halo]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta [Overwatch]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]
"You know, that guy is sick, playing a game like this to us." Lola commented.

Still, there wasn't much they can do from doing nothing, so Lola first checked inside the desks for anything useful.

@Atomyk

Phil Connors

Chapter 2- " Thinking I'm going lose it altogether"

Phil checked and saw he still had his borrowed sword, and a hankerchief and the sheet music. Strangest assortment of things to have in a death game. Phil was however very paranoid about opening the desks, instead looking around the room to see what was the LEAST likely to kill him.

@Atomyk @Others

Last edited:
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Status
Not open for further replies.