• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reiner Braun
@The Batter @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk
@Others?

There was a pause when Toffee came in and asked for some pliers, which Reiner instantly looked towards the Batter in response... However, before anything else could be done, it seemed that Toffee straight up took the pliers, which made Reiner jump up with a start.

YqZSlgF.png

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're-..." Reiner protested.

Unfortunately, before he could really do anything, Toffee was out of the room, and he was sort of left hanging... With Batter and Kiyohime at least, but it seemed that the pliers were already gone... Maybe they'd at least be of some use to whatever was going on in the rest of the house?

Speaking of which, it looks like the others had stumbled into the basement through some secret passage, right on cue when Batter asked where they should go... And Reiner had prepared to say something witty, but before he could, a bright light filled the room, and soon enough, he ended up in a... Ballroom, or so it seemed.

Instantly, he noticed that there appeared to be some sort of romance going on between Kyoko, and... Makoto, someone who had greeted her in this strange ballroom.

As calming as the environment seemed to be, it looked like he wasn't the only one at least a little suspicious of his surroundings; Kiyohime herself seemed to question the romance... And while that seemed genuine, Reiner seemed a little suspicious of the circumstances.

5FldN3q.png

"... I don't know about this romance... But... Do you know why we're here?" He asked, raising a brow as he turned towards Makoto.

This entire situation was just... Confusing to him; he still couldn't quite figure out what had happened in that house that transported them here... But he had a feeling it was a similar thing that had transported them from that dining room in the first place...​

"Kiyohime, huh..."

2Zk7ruT.png

"Kyoko, where'd you go and make all these friends?" He smiled at, well, his wife, before looking back to Kiyo. "It was sort of a spur of the moment thing, you know? I'm not the best at planning stuff like this, so I... It's really... lovely. Isn't it?" He reached out to take Kyoko's hand once again, listening intently to her as she spoke. Every time Kyoko opened her mouth, no one else may as well have existed to Makoto.

He blushed profusely at being called "honey." "K-Kyoko... you don't say that very often, do you?" He cleared his throat. "I really can't recall when we last saw her. We're all so busy... We both have children now, so I'd call it a miracle if we all happened to have a night out at the same time."

He said it so casually, even ending it with a small laugh. To Reiner, he said, "You're here to enjoy the dance...? I'm sorry, if we met somewhere, I can't quite remember you. Do you have a date?" He looked around a bit at the others. "Not many people seem to be enjoying themselves..."

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Ryu Keiko @Everyone​

BeQRDOI.png

"Everything is so confusing. Is there nothing to do but just... dance?"

Nono looked at Phil.

"... apparently so... apparently so..."

Kyoko was acting a bit off. Was this who she was inside? A maiden altered by true love? Or for that matter... idealized love.

Nevertheless, Nono started to hum a tune as she twirled a solo-dance for a short while. It was best to blend in, as was said, while Kyoko gets hypnotized.

"Un deux trois~ Un deux trois~ our secret waltz~"

Nono's hand was extended towards Kiyohime. By accident, surely, but ultimately, it was what it was.

dhG1PbW.png

"Uuuuhhh..."

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Gummi Bunnies @York
"Ah, it isn't common to hear that about such occasions sprouting from nowhere. I rather not be intrusive, but I do look forward to what is next for the two of you."

She would've followed up with another question about future plans, trying to see a pattern here. Kiyohime had asked similar to Wanda, so if she did here... Except the question asking was cut short for now.

"O-Oh..."

Well, if they were play the part of going along with this until something else had happened, Kiyohime saw no point in refusing Nono's offer.

tumblr_ol56hqD84p1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Why of course..."

Hopefully more answers come their way, given that she and Reiner had similar ideas on doubts, but for now, she'll dance as she took Nono's hand.

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Crow @York

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Heart-Throbbing Dance"

As the tree sapling statuette pressed into the indent, raucous laughter could be heard in the room above. It sounded like a whole group of people, their tone indicating a party or cheerful atmosphere. The door began to move on its own, flipping down to reveal a light so bright and blinding, no one could see what was in the room above.

The light began to press outward, enveloping the crawl space and moving throughout the attic. It carried on throughout the entire house, bathing everyone in an endless light.

For several seconds, nothing could be seen. It was blinding.

The laughter returned, just as the light began to dissipate. When it was cleared, the group could see they were in a ballroom, a few of which would recognize it as the one encountered just before dinner.

b36ojkx.jpg

"Kyoko... why'd you run off like that?"

RZZOIEd.png

Dressed in a fancy suit and tie was Makoto, the boy everyone would recognize from the tape. He smiled brightly and walked over to Kyoko to pull her into a hug.

Captain America looked around, perplexed, before focusing on Kyoko. "You ran off? What is he talking about?"

Agatha frowned. "Not everything is what it seems."

kiri043.png

"Wha--?!"

Kyoko froze dead in her tracks when Makoto Naegi suddenly appeared before her, looking... rather different from the last time she had seen him, as in, compared to the tape she saw him in just moments ago. Even as Makoto walked up and pulled her into a sudden hug -- no, almost practically because of it -- her body was as stiff as a statue. It was only from the physical stimulation and the captain's voice that managed to snap her back to her senses, her first instinct being to push Makoto away from her, as she took a step back.

"Makoto, what... What's going on here? What are you doing here?"

Calm, graceful music played from somewhere in the distance with the accompaniment of the piano, though no one sat playing it. Men and women who were dressed fancifully danced and milled about the ballroom. For whatever reason, not one of these men and women ever looked the group's way.

Makoto laughed at what Kyoko said and moved to hold her hands. He stared into her eyes and said, "Kyoko, come on... I didn't invite you so you could embarrass me." He said it lightheartedly as if to suggest he wasn't all that embarrassed. "I know this isn't really your thing, but... I-I just thought it would be nice. For us."

He reached up, rubbing at his neck, his skin flushed. "I'm sorry if this is too much."

Kyoko could only continue to be puzzled by this strange new behavior Makoto had adopted. Ever since... certain circumstances, Makoto would never have dared to even look Kyoko's way for too long, and yet here he was, smiling and laughing, and holding her hands like it was no big deal. And Makoto knew how sensitive Kyoko's hands were. As in, so much so that the minute Makoto took them in his, Kyoko damn well nearly yanked away from him, but found herself... oddly drawn in by his gaze. It was true that normally, he never would have dared to look at her like this... and now, here he was, gazing into her eyes like he never had before.

She couldn't even look at him.

Her mind raced as it struggled to process so many thoughts, remembering what had happened in the tape, remembering just being in an old house and now suddenly being in a strange ballroom, like they were back in the home Wanda had invited everyone to before. This cognitive dissonance clashed with what she was seeing before her eyes now, and as she briefly looked back at the rest of the group to ensure she had not fallen down some hallucinatory rabbit hole, she cleared her throat, and perhaps against her better judgment, spoke again, in the name of investigating.

kiri029.png

"... F-Fine," Kyoko said with a breath, deciding to play along for now, just like with Wanda, a rare stammer intruding in her voice, "Just... Just one dance."

She would have made the move onto the ballroom, had she not been rendered frozen once again, by the sight of her gloved finger, as well as Makoto's, both having a horrifying object wrapped around them.

A wedding ring.

Makoto didn't seem to notice Kyoko's horror. Instead, he looked around her to talk to the others. "Oh, hey, I think I missed you guys this evening. I don't think I've met very many of you... Oh! Hello, Mason! I hope you're enjoying yourself!"

"I don't really like how this looks," Billy said quietly.

Teddy responded with, "I think I'm a little underdressed for this."

"Eh, could be worse," Tommy said. "You think they have food around here, I'm starving for some reason..."

Cast List
@Takumi as Amir Halgal [Otoyomegatari]
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Arno Victor Dorian [Assassin's Creed]
@Kaykay as Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen [Dies Irae]
@Midnight Maiden as Belle French [Once Upon a Time]
@dalecOoOoOoOoOper as Dale Bartholomew Cooper [Twin Peaks]
@Gummi Bunnies as Kiyohime [Fate/Grand Order]
@Ryu Keiko as Koriand'r [DC Comics]
@Verite as Kyoko Kirigiri [Danganronpa]
@Leon Moretti as Leon Moretti [OC]
@Bomb as Lola [Fairy Fencer F]
@dark as Marcus Wright [Terminator]
@Mason Moretti as Mason Travis Moretti [OC]
@Krieg as Nancy Wheeler [Stranger Things]
@Yun Lee as Noembelu [Street Fighter]
@Crow as Nono Morikubo [The Idolmaster]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Percival of the Round Table [Sonic and the Black Knight]
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Phil Connors [Groundhog Day The Musical]
@ShiroKiyoshi as Rant T. Mouse [OC]
@Gands as Raven Darkholme [X-Men Cinematic Universe]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Rumpelstiltskin [Once Upon a Time]
@Minerva as Saeko Busujima [Highschool of the Dead]
@Otto as Shen [League of Legends]
@Glostechk as Six [Little Nightmares]
@Seishin Ryuu as Spartan-B312 [Halo]
@Jeremi as T'Challa [Marvel Comics]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Tekhartha Zenyatta [Overwatch]
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Teth Adam [DC Comics]
@The Batter as The Batter [OFF]
@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]​
Reiner Braun
@The Batter @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk
@Others?

There was a pause when Toffee came in and asked for some pliers, which Reiner instantly looked towards the Batter in response... However, before anything else could be done, it seemed that Toffee straight up took the pliers, which made Reiner jump up with a start.

YqZSlgF.png

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're-..." Reiner protested.

Unfortunately, before he could really do anything, Toffee was out of the room, and he was sort of left hanging... With Batter and Kiyohime at least, but it seemed that the pliers were already gone... Maybe they'd at least be of some use to whatever was going on in the rest of the house?

Speaking of which, it looks like the others had stumbled into the basement through some secret passage, right on cue when Batter asked where they should go... And Reiner had prepared to say something witty, but before he could, a bright light filled the room, and soon enough, he ended up in a... Ballroom, or so it seemed.

Instantly, he noticed that there appeared to be some sort of romance going on between Kyoko, and... Makoto, someone who had greeted her in this strange ballroom.

As calming as the environment seemed to be, it looked like he wasn't the only one at least a little suspicious of his surroundings; Kiyohime herself seemed to question the romance... And while that seemed genuine, Reiner seemed a little suspicious of the circumstances.

5FldN3q.png

"... I don't know about this romance... But... Do you know why we're here?" He asked, raising a brow as he turned towards Makoto.

This entire situation was just... Confusing to him; he still couldn't quite figure out what had happened in that house that transported them here... But he had a feeling it was a similar thing that had transported them from that dining room in the first place...​

tumblr_oii5wt1RiA1v3qowuo8_75sq.png

"I... was not expecting this to be our next location."

If it weren't for the fact that they were tumbling down into more trouble ever since accepting those invitations, Kiyohime would've enjoyed the setting of a ballroom. She had only been in a ballroom for a short time, given on where she was summoned last as a Servant. Weddings were a whole different story, and to think that this would be where they'll be at until later... it somewhat bothered her. Just like how it was with Wanda, Kiyohime didn't like how such falseness could formulate into pleasant events. It was worse than seeing the truth of unpleasant events...

tumblr_oii5r6sGKQ1v3qowuo9_100.png

"I don't believe we've met, my name is Kiyohime. I've only gotten to know Kyoko shortly before now. If you don't mind me asking this, how did all of the planning for this go? Nothing warms my heart than seeing love go towards far places."

... except if the love is all a lie.

While Kyoko may be a bit unnerved by the developments given her reactions to Makoto, Kiyohime intended to squeeze out a bit of info disguised as small talk.

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Batter @York @Everyone​

The Batter responded to the light by covering his eyes. He waited for a few moments before looking to see what happened. He sees that he was in some type of ballroom. He was confused at first. But he realized everyone was in this room. The Batter begins to move around the room. Then The Batter stopped after hearing the word 'unless the love is all but a lie' The Batter stood there for a while....He was begin to remember something again like before..... He was suddenly in a dark ball room with a woman standing by herself. She seemed to be humming.... but she stopped when The Batter took another step....she then turned around and looked towards The Batter.

IMG_0423.JPG

'You're finally here Batter...The wait for your arrival has been a long one, but your way was in vain. You will do naught but raise trouble here. Return home.' The Batter did not seem to listen to what the woman say. Instead he says to her. 'That's what I did. This here is the cradle of my father. Your guardians have fallen. You are now the Queen of a kingdom that no longer exist.' The woman look surprise but she then ask him,'Why have you destroyed the nation I had rebuilt?' The Batter felt the answer was simple. 'You have never been in this place to do even the slightest thing. Your role was to take care of him. You have failed your task. Now, because of you, I must complete my sacred mission.' The woman then said something that he would have never forget 'I have done all this for him. I truly wish for my children to be happy.' The Batter then looked down at himself 'We were so busy with the birthday party that we forgot who was it for.' The woman seemed frustrated with his response. 'You ruined the carnival, Batter. I will not let you lay a hand on the son we have brought into this world. Today, you will fall.' The Batter clutched his bat. After that it was blurry but after a couple a minute his vision went back to normal. He saw the woman the ground, not moving... She was bleeding...the flashback ended there. The Batter then clutched his bat. 'Never again' He thought to himself. He then looks towards the group and heads back towards them.

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @York @Everyone

Saeko looked at the man who wanbted to dance. He wasn't Tadashi, but he wasn't that bad looking either. She respectfully nodded. "Sure." She said. She pushed her sword back to make room.

Leon took her hand and brought her to the dance floor and started dancing with her. He looked around at the scenery, "For an illusion, she has an impressive style," Noticing the door that a bunch of party goers blocking a door. "Oh? What secrets lie beyond thy door?" He said in a curious tone.

@Minerva

Squatting to Six's level Amir tried to comfort her.

164405.jpg

"If you'd like, you can just stick with me until Noembelu returns?" she offered, not bothering to dance or anything, but did keep an eye on the Native American and Toffee. Oh, and the cluster of weird guests at the supposed exit.

@Glostechk

Last edited:
"Kiyohime, huh..."

2Zk7ruT.png

"Kyoko, where'd you go and make all these friends?" He smiled at, well, his wife, before looking back to Kiyo. "It was sort of a spur of the moment thing, you know? I'm not the best at planning stuff like this, so I... It's really... lovely. Isn't it?" He reached out to take Kyoko's hand once again, listening intently to her as she spoke. Every time Kyoko opened her mouth, no one else may as well have existed to Makoto.

He blushed profusely at being called "honey." "K-Kyoko... you don't say that very often, do you?" He cleared his throat. "I really can't recall when we last saw her. We're all so busy... We both have children now, so I'd call it a miracle if we all happened to have a night out at the same time."

He said it so casually, even ending it with a small laugh. To Reiner, he said, "You're here to enjoy the dance...? I'm sorry, if we met somewhere, I can't quite remember you. Do you have a date?" He looked around a bit at the others. "Not many people seem to be enjoying themselves..."
kirigiri_9.png

"C-Children?" Kyoko said, eyes wide in a rare display of open shock, with no effort to hide it. She might have commented on how admirable it was that Makoto claimed this so-called ball dance was an improvised thing for the most part, but then she had to be hit with that train. She had only barely survived being hit with the wedding ring that suddenly sat itself on her ring finger, a golden reminder of some sacred oath she never took, but she never would have imagined she'd be the type to...

Kyoko damn well nearly pulled away entirely from Makoto once again, but refrained herself, taking a breath after feeling like massive weights were suddenly dropped onto her shoulders and pulled down at her heart. She had never even imagined such a thing, and she certainly never disclosed any such fantastical desire to Wanda. So where did this all come from? The lavender maiden could practically feel a presence in the air, watching her, hoping to placate her, hoping to get her to stay. But perhaps the most terrifying thought of that notion... She wasn't sure if it was working or not. She felt weak in this situation; powerless, even. And it frustrated her to no end. Or rather... Was that what the beating feeling in her heart was supposed to be?

Kyoko could feel her legs quiver, threatening to buckle, but she knew she couldn't give in. Clearing her throat, she looked at Makoto, keeping one hand on his while pulling away briefly to brush aside some stray hair.

kirigiri_4.png

"A-Ah, right. Children. I'm... still getting used to that," Kyoko said, and she imagined that had a ring of truth to it. Surely, Makoto had always seen her as independent enough that she wouldn't have been the doting mother type, or even wife for that matter, if he was surprised by her last remark, "They're... quite demanding, aren't they? I suppose it's on us to an extent since we very well could ask for help, but... I'd rather not let them near Hagakure, Byakuya, or Toko very often at such an impressionable age, and far be it from me to bother Komaru too often. You understand, don't you?"

Her emotions were clearly compromised here. She came very close to losing the will to probe much more info. She wondered what it would take for this illusion to be destroyed... as she quivered, but not exactly sure from what.​

"Chill?"

Nancy felt her eyes wander, that simple phrase uttered by the blonde carrying an eerie undertone. It was as if Nancy heard those words before, not from the black-clad soldier, but from a friend. Shaking her head, Nancy gave a soft smile to the woman.

"Yeah, I'm chill...Beatrice, right? Chiller than a Soviet, yeah." the Wheeler admitted, a twist of dark sarcasm in her voice. Following Kyoko and the others along in the twisting house, keeping an eye on Beatrice and the kiddo, the red-jacketed survivor came across what seemed to be apex of everyone's discoveries and ventures in this house of rot. Catching eye of Billy, instinctively keeping near the man that helped her earlier, Nancy kept her silent vigil. She had the sense to let the more experienced and more insightful like Kyoko and Toffee to do the headwork.

Hopefully, whatever they would find would not take off their heads in the process.

@Yun Lee @Glostechk @Takumi @Minerva @Gands @Cromartie Sarkissian @York @The Batter @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @ShiroKiyoshi @Atomyk @Crow @Otto @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Ryu Keiko @Leon Moretti @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @LuckycoolHawk9 @LivingRoom > Attic

"Yup, I'm Beatrice Kircheisen. You're Nancy, right?" Beatrice said brightly, seeming to keep a somewhat cheerful demeanor despite the situation they had been locked in. "A Soviet though, huh? That's a depressing choice of comparison..."

The woman was well-aware that the Americas had never really seen the Soviets in a good light, even if she hadn't been in the West for a little while now.

However, the surprise from that comparison was nothing compared to the scene that had suddenly unfolded around them. They were suddenly back where they started, and now it seemed like the detective-like girl had become married. Or was she already married? Maybe looks were deceiving. Beatrice had figured the girl was still in her teens, but either the young lady was going through life at a breakneck speed or she was older than Beatrice had thought.

Either way though, it didn't really matter. If they were back here, would they be able to find Wanda again? A quick glance around the room didn't give her that impression. She had to admit, a dance was something she'd welcome if she hadn't accepted that invitation with a purpose. It wouldn't hurt to be away from home for some time, but it was an important balance to both not rush things here and not linger too long.

Beatrice simply folded her arms behind her back for now as she saw most of the others begin to dance, taking a relaxed pose that somewhat fit her soldier's clothing.

"Are you planning to find a dance Nancy?" Beatrice asked as she looked around the room, though if she was just gazing or looking for anything in particular was hard to discern.

@Krieg @anyone​

Phil Connors

Phil looked over at the others and sighed. It seemed he wasn't going to get to play the piano or get a dance. He looked at Raven, then Amir and Six. [COLOR= #4169e1] " I'll also wait with you two. Are you hungry?" [/COLOR] He asked Six, ignoring Raven since she had rejected his dance in favor of a child.

@Takumi @Gands @Glostechk

"Kiyohime, huh..."

2Zk7ruT.png

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Ryu Keiko @Everyone​
BeQRDOI.png

"Everything is so confusing. Is there nothing to do but just... dance?"

Nono looked at Phil.

"... apparently so... apparently so..."

Kyoko was acting a bit off. Was this who she was inside? A maiden altered by true love? Or for that matter... idealized love.

Nevertheless, Nono started to hum a tune as she twirled a solo-dance for a short while. It was best to blend in, as was said, while Kyoko gets hypnotized.

"Un deux trois~ Un deux trois~ our secret waltz~"

Nono's hand was extended towards Kiyohime. By accident, surely, but ultimately, it was what it was.

dhG1PbW.png

"Uuuuhhh..."

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Gummi Bunnies @York
"Ah, it isn't common to hear that about such occasions sprouting from nowhere. I rather not be intrusive, but I do look forward to what is next for the two of you."

She would've followed up with another question about future plans, trying to see a pattern here. Kiyohime had asked similar to Wanda, so if she did here... Except the question asking was cut short for now.

"O-Oh..."

Well, if they were play the part of going along with this until something else had happened, Kiyohime saw no point in refusing Nono's offer.

"Why of course..."

Hopefully more answers come their way, given that she and Reiner had similar ideas on doubts, but for now, she'll dance as she took Nono's hand.

The Batter responded to the light by covering his eyes. He waited for a few moments before looking to see what happened. He sees that he was in some type of ballroom. He was confused at first. But he realized everyone was in this room. The Batter begins to move around the room. Then The Batter stopped after hearing the word 'unless the love is all but a lie' The Batter stood there for a while....He was begin to remember something again like before..... He was suddenly in a dark ball room with a woman standing by herself. She seemed to be humming.... but she stopped when The Batter took another step....she then turned around and looked towards The Batter.

View attachment 142707

'You're finally here Batter...The wait for your arrival has been a long one, but your way was in vain. You will do naught but raise trouble here. Return home.' The Batter did not seem to listen to what the woman say. Instead he says to her. 'That's what I did. This here is the cradle of my father. Your guardians have fallen. You are now the Queen of a kingdom that no longer exist.' The woman look surprise but she then ask him,'why have you destroyed the nation I had rebuilt?' The Batter felt the answer was simple. 'You have never been in this place to do even the slightest thing. Your role was to take care of him. You have failed your task. Now, because of you, I must complete my sacred mission.' The woman then said something that he would have never forget 'I have done all this for him. I truly wish for my children to be happy.' The Batter then looked down at himself 'We were so busy with the birthday party tha t we forgot who was it for.' The woman seemed frustrated with his response. 'You ruined the carnival, Batter. I will not let you lay a hand on the son we have brought into this world. Today, you will fall.' The Batter clutched his bat. After that it was blurry but after a couple a minute his vision went back to normal. He saw the woman the ground, not moving... She was bleeding...the flashback ended there. The Batter then clutched his bat. 'Never again' He thought to himself. He then looks towards the group and heads back towards them.

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @York @Everyone
Reiner Braun
@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Ryu Keiko
@Others

Reiner frowned; it was fair enough... As they seemed to be in the ballroom from that house from before; the same one they had dined at, before that weird incident where they had ended up in some dilapidated area... Rigged with traps.

Noticing that Kiyohime, who seemed to have decided to blend in, despite she too, having the same concerns Reiner did... He smiled a little, beginning to wonder if he should do the same.

However, when Makoto mentioned if he had a date... Reiner sort of froze up... Realizing that he in fact... Didn't; he had been so focused on either helping his peers, or dealing with an strange, white, powdered irritant to even consider such a thing... So this sort of came as a surprise...

"No... I-... I don't." he muttered sheepishly.

Though, admittedly there was someone he wished was here... Someone who he'd feel comfortable with considering a "date" (granted, had Kiyohime, or anyone else asked him to dance, he probably would have went along with it... Even if he wasn't such a good dancer).

LkmwuSl.png

8Jhl2py.png

"..." An awkward silence seemed to have befallen Reiner after that.

Looks like his initial notion of 'blending in' was falling apart fast...​

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Squatting to Six's level Amir tried to comfort her.

164405.jpg

"If you'd like, you can just stick with ne until Noembelu returns?" she offered, not bothering to dance or anything, but did keep an eye on the Native American and Toffee. Oh, and yhe cluster of weird guests at the supposed exit.

@Glostechk
Phil Connors

Phil looked over at the others and sighed. It seemed he wasn't going to get to play the piano or get a dance. He looked at Raven, then Amir and Six. " I'll also wait with you two. Are you hungry?" He asked Six, ignoring Raven since she had rejected his dance in favor of a child.

Six just stared at their surroundings not really paying attention to what Noembelu or Phil had said to her. A few moments ago, they were in a medical room with a man in a cage and a body floating in the water. The entire thing just didn't settle with the girl right as she shifted her gaze towards the weird guests at the exit. Seeing the food tempted the child but she knew that something was completely off about their current situation, losing her appetite.

"I don't like this."

The child overheard Makoto and Kyoko's conversation about being together and having children. Six didn't know Kyoko very well, but she saw Makoto in the tape that was playing in the living room. That glimpse of his appearance was the only thing that the Six needed to know that this wasn't right. However, Six calmly approached the two, giving them a smile as if she was congratulating the two. She dug into her pocket grabbing the soggy meat that Shane rejected from her earlier. She placed the soggy meat in Makoto's hands. She read from the old, worn-out books that she found in the Maw that discussed about marriages and giving the couples a present. She did this to see Makoto's reaction and to figure out whether Kyoko felt the same about their situation.

@Takumi @Atomyk @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9

• Love

"I don't think Wanda's coming, sorry." He shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe she'd bring Genji? To be honest, I didn't expect to see anyone here I knew. It was supposed to just be for... Kyoko and I." So bashful. "So, uh, I don't know what you mean. She's not hosting this dance, as far as I know. Is she having a party I wasn't invited to?"
"...What?"

Shen was appalled. How could Wanda not be the host? This was her ballroom!

Well, if he was finally out of that mess, he would have his powers back. So, he focused on summoning his Spirit Blade, but of course, it didn't work. It didn't look like Makoto was lying, so how could he be at some other party and have no powers?

"Not sure why you'd show up to a dance and then want to leave right away..." He waved toward one end of the room, where a mass of people were casually chatting. "You should be able to get out that way? I think?"
"..."

Also, according to Makoto, Shen and the rest of Wanda's guests had only just arrived at this separate party.

He hasn't been this confused since he first discovered the multiverse.

Before moving toward the supposed exit, he noticed Kyoko speaking to him.

Her eyes snapped open just as her mind snapped back to reality as she pulled away when Toffee, Shen, and Kiyohime approached, their voices causing her to blink as she remembered where she was. Clearing her throat, she looked toward the others' way, taking a breath.

"Yes, let's not... be too hasty, Shen. After all, a party's a party. There's no need to be rude," she said to Shen, subtly imploring him to be less direct if he had any interest in playing along with the illusion... which, of course, Kyoko had to wonder if he did have such an interest.

Shen had no concept of rudeness; it was not relevant to balance or equilibrium. He dismissed her words and walked toward the supposed exit, only to find it blocked by a crowd of people. He thought that it was too much of a coincidence that a mass of people happened to be blocking the exit. They could be there to stop people from leaving, he thought. Perhaps walking past or through them wouldn't be the smartest idea. He could easily be stabbed in the back.

"Yes, let's not... be too hasty, Shen. After all, a party's a party. There's no need to be rude,"

Now he understood what she meant.

He stood near the group of people blocking the exit, attempting to blend in with them. In the case of an emergency, he would be the one closest to the exit.

And so... he waited for more events to unfold.

@Atomyk @Verite @anyone @loners

Last edited:

"O-Oh..."

"Why of course..."

Nono began to sing softly as she performed the waltz with Kiyohime.

Znock5z.png

"Have you ever waltzed before, Kiyohime?"

Nono waltzed near Kyoko and Makoto as this occured - hearing the mention of... children?

During an interlude of her song, Nono nears Makoto. "S- sorry to eavesdrop, but Morikubo was curious, how do your children look? Morikubo would love to see your children some day..."

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Crow @Glostechk @The Batter @York @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Atomyk

Raven Darkholme

Raven smiles at Amir, giving her a little nod.

" if you are keeping watch, I will wander about this place. See what I can see. I am Raven by the way ! "

With that, Raven slowly turns away from the two and starts to wander around the edges of the Ballroom. Checking for things that don't entirely fit.

@Takumi @Atomyk @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9

kirigiri_9.png

"C-Children?" Kyoko said, eyes wide in a rare display of open shock, with no effort to hide it. She might have commented on how admirable it was that Makoto claimed this so-called ball dance was an improvised thing for the most part, but then she had to be hit with that train. She had only barely survived being hit with the wedding ring that suddenly sat itself on her ring finger, a golden reminder of some sacred oath she never took, but she never would have imagined she'd be the type to...

Kyoko damn well nearly pulled away entirely from Makoto once again, but refrained herself, taking a breath after feeling like massive weights were suddenly dropped onto her shoulders and pulled down at her heart. She had never even imagined such a thing, and she certainly never disclosed any such fantastical desire to Wanda. So where did this all come from? The lavender maiden could practically feel a presence in the air, watching her, hoping to placate her, hoping to get her to stay. But perhaps the most terrifying thought of that notion... She wasn't sure if it was working or not. She felt weak in this situation; powerless, even. And it frustrated her to no end. Or rather... Was that what the beating feeling in her heart was supposed to be?

Kyoko could feel her legs quiver, threatening to buckle, but she knew she couldn't give in. Clearing her throat, she looked at Makoto, keeping one hand on his while pulling away briefly to brush aside some stray hair.

kirigiri_4.png

"A-Ah, right. Children. I'm... still getting used to that," Kyoko said, and she imagined that had a ring of truth to it. Surely, Makoto had always seen her as independent enough that she wouldn't have been the doting mother type, or even wife for that matter, if he was surprised by her last remark, "They're... quite demanding, aren't they? I suppose it's on us to an extent since we very well could ask for help, but... I'd rather not let them near Hagakure, Byakuya, or Toko very often at such an impressionable age, and far be it from me to bother Komaru too often. You understand, don't you?"

Her emotions were clearly compromised here. She came very close to losing the will to probe much more info. She wondered what it would take for this illusion to be destroyed... as she quivered, but not exactly sure from what.​
Rant quickly got bored. He sat up and watched as everyone had mingled into their little groups again, talking away, while the only person he could ever feel like talking to was dancing with some guy, it irritated him slightly, even if she was a bossy, stone-cold, matter-of-fact, bitch who had this air of sensitivity that'd turn on you and bite you in the ass in mere seconds. It reminded him of Kaoru, which made her the only one he'd ever try to talk to for real.

But, the mouse grew tired of respecting their privacy very quickly and he read the lips of Makoto and used guesswork to fill in the rest. He then saw the fancy ring on Kyoko's finger and assumed he was correct in guessing. "Weird her husband only shows up now though and did she have that ring before..." Rant slid off the piano to go examine this guy that Kyoko seemed to be vulnerable to. He walked between everyone, trudging through, and shoving others aside to reach the pair. He then looked to Kyoko and then to Makoto. "I would say something, but I don't even know if you have a type Kyoko." Rant then tried to climb on to Makoto to measure his height compared to Kyoko's.

@Verite @Atomyk @OthersWithThem

Rant quickly got bored. He sat up and watched as everyone had mingled into their little groups again, talking away, while the only person he could ever feel like talking to was dancing with some guy, it irritated him slightly, even if she was a bossy, stone-cold, matter-of-fact, bitch who had this air of sensitivity that'd turn on you and bite you in the ass in mere seconds. It reminded him of Kaoru, which made her the only one he'd ever try to talk to for real.

But, the mouse grew tired of respecting their privacy very quickly and he read the lips of Makoto and used guesswork to fill in the rest. He then saw the fancy ring on Kyoko's finger and assumed he was correct in guessing. "Weird her husband only shows up now though and did she have that ring before..." Rant slid off the piano to go examine this guy that Kyoko seemed to be vulnerable to. He walked between everyone, trudging through, and shoving others aside to reach the pair. He then looked to Kyoko and then to Makoto. "I would say something, but I don't even know if you have a type Kyoko." Rant then tried to climb on to Makoto to measure his height compared to Kyoko's.

@Verite @Atomyk @OthersWithThem
WHna531.jpg

Now fed up with Rant's antics, Toffee slapped the annoying rodent away from the pair with his tail as he passed them while continuing to dance with Noembelu.

@ShiroKiyoshi

• Thank You
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Heart-Throbbing Dance"

As the tree sapling statuette pressed into the indent, raucous laughter could be heard in the room above. It sounded like a whole group of people, their tone indicating a party or cheerful atmosphere. The door began to move on its own, flipping down to reveal a light so bright and blinding, no one could see what was in the room above.

The light began to press outward, enveloping the crawl space and moving throughout the attic. It carried on throughout the entire house, bathing everyone in an endless light.

The laughter returned, just as the light began to dissipate. When it was cleared, the group could see they were in a ballroom, a few of which would recognize it as the one encountered just before dinner.

b36ojkx.jpg

RZZOIEd.png

Dressed in a fancy suit and tie was Makoto, the boy everyone would recognize from the tape. He smiled brightly and walked over to Kyoko to pull her into a hug.

Captain America looked around, perplexed, before focusing on Kyoko. "You ran off? What is he talking about?"

kiri043.png

"Wha--?!"

Kyoko froze dead in her tracks when Makoto Naegi suddenly appeared before her, looking... rather different from the last time she had seen him, as in, compared to the tape she saw him in just moments ago. Even as Makoto walked up and pulled her into a sudden hug -- no, almost practically because of it -- her body was as stiff as a statue. It was only from the physical stimulation and the captain's voice that managed to snap her back to her senses, her first instinct being to push Makoto away from her, as she took a step back.

Calm, graceful music played from somewhere in the distance with the accompaniment of the piano, though no one sat playing it. Men and women who were dressed fancifully danced and milled about the ballroom. For whatever reason, not one of these men and women ever looked the group's way.

Makoto laughed at what Kyoko said and moved to hold her hands. He stared into her eyes and said, "Kyoko, come on... I didn't invite you so you could embarrass me." He said it lightheartedly as if to suggest he wasn't all that embarrassed. "I know this isn't really your thing, but... I-I just thought it would be nice. For us."

He reached up, rubbing at his neck, his skin flushed. "I'm sorry if this is too much."

Kyoko could only continue to be puzzled by this strange new behavior Makoto had adopted. Ever since... certain circumstances, Makoto would never have dared to even look Kyoko's way for too long, and yet here he was, smiling and laughing, and holding her hands like it was no big deal. And Makoto knew how sensitive Kyoko's hands were. As in, so much so that the minute Makoto took them in his, Kyoko damn well nearly yanked away from him, but found herself... oddly drawn in by his gaze. It was true that normally, he never would have dared to look at her like this... and now, here he was, gazing into her eyes like he never had before.

Her mind raced as it struggled to process so many thoughts, remembering what had happened in the tape, remembering just being in an old house and now suddenly being in a strange ballroom, like they were back in the home Wanda had invited everyone to before. This cognitive dissonance clashed with what she was seeing before her eyes now, and as she briefly looked back at the rest of the group to ensure she had not fallen down some hallucinatory rabbit hole, she cleared her throat, and perhaps against her better judgment, spoke again, in the name of investigating.

kiri029.png

"... F-Fine," Kyoko said with a breath, deciding to play along for now, just like with Wanda, a rare stammer intruding in her voice, "Just... Just one dance."

She would have made the move onto the ballroom, had she not been rendered frozen once again, by the sight of her gloved finger, as well as Makoto's, both having a horrifying object wrapped around them.

A wedding ring.

Makoto didn't seem to notice Kyoko's horror. Instead, he looked around her to talk to the others. "Oh, hey, I think I missed you guys this evening. I don't think I've met very many of you... Oh! Hello, Mason! I hope you're enjoying yourself!"

"Eh, could be worse," Tommy said. "You think they have food around here, I'm starving for some reason..."

Cast List

Znock5z.jpg

"It looks kind of pretty," Nono comments as all passed through the gates opened by the sapling. Kyoko seemed to have found a young gentleman to dance with.

Nono too was dressed for the occasion, but no one to dance with in the dance hall.

"Un deux trois~ un deux trois~ a secret waltz~" Nono hummed without realising it, before seeing what was going on. "W- wait, is that a wedding ring? Th- that's really romantic... Morikubo can only hope of marriage some day..."

She then realised what she said as her face turned red.

"Nothing! I said nothing!"

But something felt off.

"Mason, you seem know that guy," Nono requests of Mason, "try asking him a few questions."

@Verite @Atomyk @Josh M @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Takumi @Kaykay @Crow @Bomb @etcetcetc​

0azaBnF.jpg

Well this was certainly an... off turn of events, to say the least. Toffee hadn't been expecting to escape the house, get his powers back, and go home just like that, but to say that he had expected to run into one of the boys from the tape earlier in a ballroom of all places would have been a lie.

After Makoto and Kyoto had finished dancing and such, Toffee smiled down at the boy who didn't appear to be much older than Moon (when Toffee had encountered her, at least.)

nsxgx13.jpg

"Ah yes, Makato, was it? I'm Toffee. It's a pleasure to meet you." Toffee said in a very welcoming tone. "And what a lovely ballroom. Tell me, have you seen Ms. Maximoff around anywhere? She is our hostess, after all." Toffee said without even a hint that he was letting up on his kind tone. Of course, it was merely a ruse to get more information out of the boy. If he were to be completely honest here, Toffee wanted nothing more than to just go back to Mewni so he could finally set his plans in motion.

But if there's one thing that Toffee had, it was patience. And he had a lot of it.

@Atomyk @Crow @Verite @whoever

Leon shielded his eyes from the light that was almost as similar to when he first arrived. Only this time, he was in a ballroom. "Umm.... okay?" He was beyond confused at this point. That was until he saw Makoto and Kirigiri. "This defiantly isn't right." As soon as he heard Makoto mention Mason's name he turned towards his brother. "You know this guy?" Looking around he had a feeling that there was another trick, trap, or puzzle of some sorts.

@thatguyinthestore as Toffee [Star vs the Forces of Evil]
Makoto briefly laughed and encouraged Kyoko to sway with him for a moment, but it wasn't the actual dance she had promised of course. He found it pretty cute to get her out of her usual environment and doing something as a couple with him. He was pulled away by Toffee and the others for a brief moment, where he made sure to introduce himself before he answered any questions.

qnaQlGe.png

"I don't think Wanda's coming, sorry." He shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe she'd bring Genji? To be honest, I didn't expect to see anyone here I knew. It was supposed to just be for... Kyoko and I." So bashful. "So, uh, I don't know what you mean. She's not hosting this dance, as far as I know. Is she having a party I wasn't invited to?"

His good-natured smile waned slightly when Shen so bluntly asked him where the exit was. Makoto shook his head and said, "Not sure why you'd show up to a dance and then want to leave right away..." He waved toward one end of the room, where a mass of people were casually chatting. "You should be able to get out that way? I think?"

Leon and Noembelu would find that wherever they went, the other dancers would avoid looking at them. They went out of their way to never show their face, even as they moved around them. Aside from that, there didn't appear to be anything to find at all.

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Everyone

Mason was confused, to say the least. Relief of being out of the rotten house was welcome in his mind, but a wild emotion set his nerves on end. There was something unnatural about the ballroom. Critical thinking didn't tell him what exactly was off. He found his heart racing and breath held tight.​

kiri018.png

"..."

Kyoko's gaze seemed to actively avoid Makoto's as they danced together, the young woman seeming to look everywhere but Makoto's face, as though unable to even face him. If anything, she seemed to spend more time looking at his ring finger more than any other place on him. Even without the strange circumstances, which included having to hold hands with Makoto at all, no doubt some sort of effect of Wanda's power going haywire, the dance was an awkward scene for Kyoko. In all honesty, she had never danced so intimately before in her life.

In a sense, this was her first time.

And it showed. Her body and posture were normally so stiff and upright, especially with her knee-high boots and her dress shirt that she wore, it would have been a miracle if Makoto was enjoying himself at all with her. Not that she cared that much, of course. Her mind was focused on other things, such as how this had all happened, if Makoto, along with Jude, wherever the young doctor was, had become a part of this "family" Wanda spoke of in those journal entries, and... why Wanda had chosen to bend reality like this. By putting a ring on them.

As the two of them continued dancing silently, Kyoko occasionally stepping on Makoto's shoe by pure accident, the young woman felt her mind beginning to drift, a subtle happening that alarmed her, but she couldn't resist for whatever reason, being made more and more susceptible to whatever befell her. A part of her had to wonder... If she was allowed a semblance of what one could call a "normal life," is this where she would have ended up? Awkwardly dancing with a spouse, doing something new, having a chance to... get away. Her knees felt weak at the mere thought, or perhaps it was whatever this accursed influence was, and though Kyoko stood a good three inches taller than Makoto, helped by her boots at that, she found herself suddenly resting her head on Makoto's chest, taking comfort like a child would to their parent. His chest was... firm, one might almost say strong. Nothing like what she'd have expected from the skittish, almost wormy boy she'd met at Hope's Peak Academy all those years ago. He... really had grown since then.

But before she knew it, the dream ended.

Her eyes snapped open just as her mind snapped back to reality as she pulled away when Toffee, Shen, and Kiyohime approached, their voices causing her to blink as she remembered where she was. Clearing her throat, she looked toward the others' way, taking a breath.

kiri005.png

"Yes, let's not... be too hasty, Shen. After all, a party's a party. There's no need to be rude," she said to Shen, subtly imploring him to be less direct if he had any interest in playing along with the illusion... which, of course, Kyoko had to wonder if he did have such an interest. In the meantime, she glanced towards the direction where Makoto pointed, the so-called exit, before looking to her... "husband" again when he answered Toffee's question concerning Wanda, her brow furrowed lightly. "Oh, she's not coming? Everyone was... expecting her. It's been a while, hasn't it? When was the last time we saw her again?" She inquired, also intent on probing information now that her mind was back in the game. For now.

"In any case, if you don't know anything, then... don't worry about it. Let's just enjoy ourselves..."

"... honey."

A bit too far? Perhaps. But she wanted to see just how far she could push in order to fit herself into this strange, new world cooked up for her.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Gummi Bunnies

"... honey."

And with that comment from Kyoko, it was clear that something was off. If he knew one thing a out Kyoko, it was that no matter how much she loved Makoto, she would never do something romantic like that. Though Mason thought Kyoko might be playing along, it rose another contradiction:

Makoto would never do something like this, either.

Perhaps Mason hadn't known Makoto well enough, but from what he did know, Makoto wouldn't go this far with a romantic gesture. A real Makoto would know Kyoko better. A real Genji would be dead. A real Wanda wouldn't host a party and keep the troublesome guests around.

"Wanda may be able to bend reality, but Wanda wasn't exactly herself. What if this isn't real..." Mason thought to himself, remembering his previous experience with Kyoko and Makoto. He remembered how the world he was in had been an illusion, how it was filled with monsters and puzzles, and how there were times that their powers didn't work. He remembered how at times he stayed cheerful and confident, but other moments had him frustrated and violent. And he remembered the malevolence and despair that surrounded them...

But it wasn't time for memories or despair or questioning the illusion. NOW was the time for survival by playing along. Mason bundled up all of his conflicted emotions and shoved them down to a deep part of of his heart where they wouldn't matter. A cheery smile rose to his face and he made himself a part of the party, despite not being very dressed to the nines.
kirigiri_9.png

kirigiri_4.png

"Oh, wow! Children, huh?" Mason said, introducing himself into the conversation between Makoto and Kyoko. He noticed her begin to falter and give to the illusion. He felt hinself start to slip, but perhaps together he and Kyoko could fight it.

"Well, if you ever need help with the kids, I'm sure that I'm never too busy to help out. I always have time I could take off and hop over to your place if it means seeing the little bundles of hope. I really would like to connect with you two again. We haven't seen each other since the civil war incident, and I've missed you two a bunch."

"Heck, it's been so long that you two have gotten married! I suppose I've been making a mistake in calling you Kirigiri. Or did you keep the last name? It certainly sounds like something you would do."

@Verite @Atomyk @AnyoneElse

Continued from here.

Mid-Chapter Update
"Heart-Throbbing Dance"

b36ojkx.jpg

RZZOIEd.png

kiri043.png

"Wha--?!"

kiri029.png

A wedding ring.

Cast List
"What's going on here?" Lola said, confused. Last she checked, there wasn't this many people in the building. And now, seemingly, the person called Makoto and Kyoko are married. This was a whole bunch of weird. But then again. her own world was weird to some extent.

So instead, Lola decided to try and snoop about the ballroom, looking for anything (and maybe something to loot).

@Atomyk @whatever​

@thatguyinthestore

"Not much. It's some sort of evil place. They try to use memories, illusions, and despair to break you. If they do, dark spirits can escape through you. Usami died in the Dark Place. So did Shane. Them being here confirms we're in the Dark Place."

Raven Darkholme

Raven smiles at Amir, giving her a little nod.

" if you are keeping watch, I will wander about this place. See what I can see. I am Raven by the way ! "

With that, Raven slowly turns away from the two and starts to wander around the edges of the Ballroom. Checking for things that don't entirely fit.

@Takumi @Atomyk @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9

Amire stood and nodded to Raven.

"I'm Amir!" she greeted with a slight bow of her head, before returning to her close watch of Six and the exit, though it seemed that another in their group had that covered. Adjusting the knife in her sash (well, belt) to be more hidden for now.

'I hope this won't go on too long, this is a bit...awkward. I wonder, is this type of dancing usual of foreigners?' she thought, to occupy herself for a bit as she stayed as alert as possible.

"It seems that we're mostly on the look out." she commented idly to Phil.

@Gands @Glostechk @LuckycoolHawk9

WHna531.jpg

Now fed up with Rant's antics, Toffee slapped the annoying rodent away from the pair with his tail as he passed them while continuing to dance with Noembelu.

@ShiroKiyoshi
Rant was swatted away and upon standing up he looked about the room, rubbing his side. He then tried to scamper up Makoto's back again. Considering the rodent was about 4'5'', it'd be like a small child climbing on Makoto.

@Atomyk @Verite @Mason Moretti

Last edited:
[COLOR= #4169e1] Phil Connors [/COLOR]

Phil looked over at her. " " Yup, it looks like we are on look out for anything strange, Amir. Besides Makoto, anything else strike you as strange? I noticed this is the same ball room- but it is more lively. "

Status
Not open for further replies.