• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shen would find that even as he stood by the dancers, all conveniently looked in the right direction so that he could not see their faces. Raven and Lola too would find their search fruitless as the dancers just so happened to move in a manner that blocked all the exits. Aside from them, there did not appear to be anything odd about the ballroom.

Makoto gasped jokingly at Kyoko's comments. "Oh, yeah, of course not. At least Sakura's pretty good with them. Er--" Makoto paused to look over Kyoko's shoulder, unable to look away from the odd sight of Rant dancing on the piano. "I-I don't think he should be doing that, haha..."

"Kyoko, maybe we should--" Another oddity. Makoto's face went pale as a little girl as she dropped soggy meat into his hands. Here he thought she might be giving him a present. Or.. maybe it was a present? "A-Ah... you shouldn't have." He stared at the soggy meat, not really wanting to drop it on the nice floor, not even noticing as Rant left the piano to start climbing on top of him.

XmD3WBl.png

"H-Hey, this is supposed to be our romantic night. Please, everyone--!" Makoto dropped the pieces of meat, and as he did so, two of the dancers came close, elbowing into him as they passed. The boy looked increasingly flustered. "I'm so sorry, Kyoko! I wish we were maybe more alone...!"

But when Rant was pulled off and Mason began talking about something Makoto felt was normal, he started to calm down slightly. The two dancers that elbowed him moved back seamlessly into the crowd of dancers.

"Oh, yeah, Mason, that sounds--" Makoto felt himself again finding the situation to be a bit weird. "I'm sorry, civil war incident? I don't quite remember something like that..." Makoto cupped his chin in thought. Was there a war he hadn't heard about? "... Mason, I was thinking that maybe Kyoko and I could... Ah!" Makoto spun around as Rant jumped back on him. "A-Ahh! Please... stop! What do you think you're doing?! Who let you in here?!"

More dancers began moving around Kyoko and Makoto, beginning to elbow the group as they passed. Billy grunted as one of them hit him in the face, causing Teddy to aim a punch at the dancer. The dancer spun out of Teddy's way and knocked him flat tot he ground before spinning away. "They're moving so fast," Billy growled. "I can't even see their faces."

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Ryu Keiko @Minerva @ShiroKiyoshi @The Batter @Kaykay @Gands @Bomb @Everyone

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi and Verite
Raven Darkholme

" Hello again Phil, nice to meet you miss Amir ! Well, where I come from these kinds of affairs are special occasions. The music is a bit different where I come from too. Doesn't it seem like each of these rooms has had special hiding places ? I've heard the others talking ! "

@Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9

@thatguyinthestore

"Not much. It's some sort of evil place. They try to use memories, illusions, and despair to break you. If they do, dark spirits can escape through you. Usami died in the Dark Place. So did Shane. Them being here confirms we're in the Dark Place."
pVAPegF.jpg

"I see..." Toffee replied before falling silent again. After a moment, he spoke up again. "These... spirits that reside within this Dark Place? Could they have been the cause of Wanda's sudden 'change of heart?' Perhaps her 'family' fell victim to them as well?" Toffee suggested, growing more and more intrigued by the minute.

Rant was swatted away and upon standing up he looked about the room, rubbing his side. He then tried to scamper up Makoto's back again. Considering the rodent was about 3'5'', it'd be like a small child climbing on Makoto.

@Atomyk @Verite @Mason Moretti
Toffee swatted Rant away with his tail again, this time twice as hard. Hopefully this would either incapacitate the rodent or at the very least get the message across.

To add fuel to the fire, Toffee swatted him in Phil's direction in hopes that he would crash into him. Why? Because Phil was a jerk too and Toffee didn't really like him either.

@Yun Lee @ShiroKiyoshi @LuckycoolHawk9

Reiner Braun
@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Atomyk @Ryu Keiko
@Others

Reiner frowned; it was fair enough... As they seemed to be in the ballroom from that house from before; the same one they had dined at, before that weird incident where they had ended up in some dilapidated area... Rigged with traps.

Noticing that Kiyohime, who seemed to have decided to blend in, despite she too, having the same concerns Reiner did... He smiled a little, beginning to wonder if he should do the same.

However, when Makoto mentioned if he had a date... Reiner sort of froze up... Realizing that he in fact... Didn't; he had been so focused on either helping his peers, or dealing with an strange, white, powdered irritant to even consider such a thing... So this sort of came as a surprise...

"No... I-... I don't." he muttered sheepishly.

Though, admittedly there was someone he wished was here... Someone who he'd feel comfortable with considering a "date" (granted, had Kiyohime, or anyone else asked him to dance, he probably would have went along with it... Even if he wasn't such a good dancer).

LkmwuSl.png

8Jhl2py.png

"..." An awkward silence seemed to have befallen Reiner after that.

Looks like his initial notion of 'blending in' was falling apart fast...​

Nono began to sing softly as she performed the waltz with Kiyohime.

Znock5z.png

"Have you ever waltzed before, Kiyohime?"

Nono waltzed near Kyoko and Makoto as this occured - hearing the mention of... children?

During an interlude of her song, Nono nears Makoto. "S- sorry to eavesdrop, but Morikubo was curious, how do your children look? Morikubo would love to see your children some day..."

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Crow @Glostechk @The Batter @York @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Atomyk
Shen would find that even as he stood by the dancers, all conveniently looked in the right direction so that he could not see their faces. Raven and Lola too would find their search fruitless as the dancers just so happened to move in a manner that blocked all the exits. Aside from them, there did not appear to be anything odd about the ballroom.

Makoto gasped jokingly at Kyoko's comments. "Oh, yeah, of course not. At least Sakura's pretty good with them. Er--" Makoto paused to look over Kyoko's shoulder, unable to look away from the odd sight of Rant dancing on the piano. "I-I don't think he should be doing that, haha..."

"Kyoko, maybe we should--" Another oddity. Makoto's face went pale as a little girl as she dropped soggy meat into his hands. Here he thought she might be giving him a present. Or.. maybe it was a present? "A-Ah... you shouldn't have." He stared at the soggy meat, not really wanting to drop it on the nice floor, not even noticing as Rant left the piano to start climbing on top of him.

XmD3WBl.png

"H-Hey, this is supposed to be our romantic night. Please, everyone--!" Makoto dropped the pieces of meat, and as he did so, two of the dancers came close, elbowing into him as they passed. The boy looked increasingly flustered. "I'm so sorry, Kyoko! I wish we were maybe more alone...!"

But when Rant was pulled off and Mason began talking about something Makoto felt was normal, he started to calm down slightly. The two dancers that elbowed him moved back seamlessly into the crowd of dancers.

"Oh, yeah, Mason, that sounds--" Makoto felt himself again finding the situation to be a bit weird. "I'm sorry, civil war incident? I don't quite remember something like that..." Makoto cupped his chin in thought. Was there a war he hadn't heard about? "... Mason, I was thinking that maybe Kyoko and I could... Ah!" Makoto spun around as Rant jumped back on him. "A-Ahh! Please... stop! What do you think you're doing?! Who let you in here?!"

More dancers began moving around Kyoko and Makoto, beginning to elbow the group as they passed. Billy grunted as one of them hit him in the face, causing Teddy to aim a punch at the dancer. The dancer spun out of Teddy's way and knocked him flat tot he ground before spinning away. "They're moving so fast," Billy growled. "I can't even see their faces."

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Ryu Keiko @Minerva @ShiroKiyoshi @The Batter @Kaykay @Gands @Bomb @Everyone

"Not at all, but I can mimic your movements and learn how to."

No one has asked this of me until now...

Kiyo could only think about that as she followed the steps of the dance she did with Nono. But she snapped out of that thought, she couldn't be distracting herself too much when there was possible trouble even in this quaint setting. As they neared Makoto and Kyoko so Nono could ask about the apparent children, the Heroic Spirit was roughly bumped into by those seemingly swift and faceless dancers.

"H-Hey, be careful at least!"

Thankfully without the Madness Enhancement EX trait, Kiyohime was too terribly out of line with her outburst, only expressing her annoyance. If she were to blend in until trouble came, she would've at least be able to do so without any annoyances.

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Atomyk @York @Ryu Keiko @Minerva @ShiroKiyoshi @The Batter @Kaykay @Gands @Bomb @Everyone​

pVAPegF.jpg

"I see..." Toffee replied before falling silent again. After a moment, he spoke up again. "These... spirits that reside within this Dark Place? Could they have been the cause of Wanda's sudden 'change of heart?' Perhaps her 'family' fell victim to them as well?" Toffee suggested, growing more and more intrigued by the minute.

Toffee swatted Rant away with his tail again, this time twice as hard. Hopefully this would either incapacitate the rodent or at the very least get the message across.

To add fuel to the fire, Toffee swatted him in Phil's direction in hopes that he would crash into him. Why? Because Phil was a jerk too and Toffee didn't really like him either.

@Yun Lee @ShiroKiyoshi @LuckycoolHawk9

"I would answer that, but I don't know actually. Was asleep and then I woke up here, saw a piano, then a ring on her finger, which was completely puzzling, also..." Rant said as he hopped down. The tail went over his head, swatting Makoto this time. "Lizard breath keeps tryin' that, but really I needed you to shut up for just a second so I could let her think. She looked like she was still trying to process the last eight things you said, people say I have no manners. Sheesh." Rant then patted the man's leg and walked away. The rodent then passed by Toffee with his middle finger extended before making his way over to Phil. He pricked him with the lockpick to get his attention. "Yo!"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Verite @people

@thatguyinthestore

"Genji is supposed to be dead. Billy and Tommy aren't babies. Wanda's 'family' is probably an illusion. But..." Noembelu paused. "That man...Daddy...I don't think he's one. Honda never mentioned him. He may be-"

And Toffee kept knocking Rant down. "And you called me foolish and reckless..."

Percival scoffed at Toffee's remark, but hardly had the time to issue a rebuttal before her psyche was bombarded with yet more trickery. The knight lifted her visor and narrowed her slitted eyes while she took a long gander around the forming illusion. Once it became clear, Percival went slack-jawed. Tilting her head up, her sabatons appeared to weigh nothing while the knight glided around in circles, bewitched by the beauty of the ballroom, and the unfamiliar music that echoed throughout it. She breathed in deep. A dance? The men are dressed plainly as peasants, but appear cleaner than noblemen. Percival thought with a slight smirk. And they are so stiff in their dances...surely Scarlet would not craft an illusion so flimsy? This must be real.

With her visor still lifted, Percival strolled the ballroom glancing from couple to couple, admiring how all the finely tailored dresses seemed to float with every delicate spin. A dance this slow wasn't one Percival was accustomed to, but she admitted there was an elegance to it. It made everyone seem so regal, yet they wore no crowns. But there was woman at the very end of the hall that caught her sharp eye. Amir, vibrant red beads and silver dangling from her ears and neck, stuck out from the crowd by abstaining from dancing with a gathering of others who appeared to be in the same boat.

Percival idly readjusted bits of her armour while she made her way towards the group, before her anxious hand came to rest upon the hilt of her sheathed rapier once she came into speaking distance.
"Hail!" she greeted with a wave of her hand, "Is something troubling you, fair maiden?" she asked, addressing Amir specifically with a tone of concern, "I noticed you from across the way and could not fathom why a woman dressed as you are could be without a partner,"

@Takumi

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Glostechk

XmD3WBl.png

"Crap. These dancers... Clearly we can't fight them. Leon, do you still have mad ninja skills?" he called to his brother.

In an attempt to not lose Kyoko in the crowd, Mason began to dance alongside the other dancers. He attempted to keep up with their pace, and hopefully match their flow. Perhaps by moving with them, instead of against, he may sneak his way close to the "couple" within.

That being said, Mason wasn't the most graceful of people.
@Atomyk @Verite @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @others

Phil Connors

Phil looked over at her. " " Yup, it looks like we are on look out for anything strange, Amir. Besides Makoto, anything else strike you as strange? I noticed this is the same ball room- but it is more lively. "

@Takumi @Gands @Glostechk

"The dancers themselves seem strange." Amir responded with a frown.

Percival scoffed at Toffee's remark, but hardly had the time to issue a rebuttal before her psyche was bombarded with yet more trickery. The knight lifted her visor and narrowed her slitted eyes while she took a long gander around the forming illusion. Once it became clear, Percival went slack-jawed. Tilting her head up, her sabatons appeared to weigh nothing while the knight glided around in circles, bewitched by the beauty of the ballroom, and the unfamiliar music that echoed throughout it. She breathed in deep. A dance? The men are dressed plainly as peasants, but appear cleaner than noblemen. Percival thought with a slight smirk. And they are so stiff in their dances...surely Scarlet would not craft an illusion so flimsy? This must be real.

With her visor still lifted, Percival strolled the ballroom glancing from couple to couple, admiring how all the finely tailored dresses seemed to float with every delicate spin. A dance this slow wasn't one Percival was accustomed to, but she admitted there was an elegance to it. It made everyone seem so regal, yet they wore no crowns. But there was woman at the very end of the hall that caught her sharp eye. Amir, vibrant red beads and silver dangling from her ears and neck, stuck out from the crowd by abstaining from dancing with a gathering of others who appeared to be in the same boat.

Percival idly readjusted bits of her armour while she made her way towards the group, before her anxious hand came to rest upon the hilt of her sheathed rapier once she came into speaking distance.
"Hail!" she greeted with a wave of her hand, "Is something troubling you, fair maiden?" she asked, addressing Amir specifically with a tone of concern, "I noticed you from across the way and could not fathom why a woman dressed as you are could be without a partner,"

@Takumi

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Glostechk

"Hm? I don't know this style of dance, it's not from where I am from, so I am unfamiliar. Besides, this place seems off, to say the least." she responded.

Seeing that Percival wasn't the strangest being she talked to, she remained polite. Though gave a tilt of her head. Was she just called a fair maiden? That was a first.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Archmage Jeremiah

@thatguyinthestore

"Genji is supposed to be dead. Billy and Tommy aren't babies. Wanda's 'family' is probably an illusion. But..." Noembelu paused. "That man...Daddy...I don't think he's one. Honda never mentioned him. He may be-"

And Toffee kept knocking Rant down. "And you called me foolish and reckless..."
uvKTPNa.jpg

"Yes... that could also be the case, if you say your friend never mentioned them. As for everyone else, Ms. Maximoff has been known to travel throughout the vast multiverse. So perhaps she just pulled them from their own realities?" Toffee suggested before smirking when she commented on him constantly slapping Rant with his tail.

IrKI7q9.png

"Yes, well even you must admit that he had it coming." Toffee said, only to listen to Noembelu further before she passed mid sentence and stared at the purple feline clad in knight's armor.

ACXDIY4.jpg

"Do you know her?" Toffee asked as he peered over Noembelu's shoulder to get a good look at Percival.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah

Kiyo could only think about that as she followed the steps of the dance she did with Nono. But she snapped out of that thought, she couldn't be distracting herself too much when there was possible trouble even in this quaint setting. As they neared Makoto and Kyoko so Nono could ask about the apparent children, the Heroic Spirit was roughly bumped into by those seemingly swift and faceless dancers.

Thankfully without the Madness Enhancement EX trait, Kiyohime was too terribly out of line with her outburst, only expressing her annoyance. If she were to blend in until trouble came, she would've at least be able to do so without any annoyances.

@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Atomyk @York @Ryu Keiko @Minerva @ShiroKiyoshi @The Batter @Kaykay @Gands @Bomb @Everyone​

Znock5z.png

"Then... please learn well..."

Nono waltzed with Kiyohime. She had intended to waltz past the swift, faceless dancers that blocked any potential exits.

"Maybe it's the rhythm of the piano music that's causing them to move in such a manner..." Nono says, "Morikubo has a softer, calmer rhythm that might soothe the area. Alone, Morikubo cannot do it, Morikubo cannot overpower a piano alone... but Morikubo has accomplished a lot with others..."

Nono then asks Kiyohime.

"Kiyohime, are you ready to sing?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Atomyk @Verite @ShiroKiyoshi @Glostechk @Bomb @The Batter @York @Archmage Jeremiah

Reactions: Mason Moretti
@thatguyinthestore

"Seems a bit too coincidental." Noembelu shook her head. "Wanda and Shane were on bad terms. And she's not cruel enough to bring him to just lock him up."

At his comment about Rant, Noembelu frowned. "Even so, the goal's to stay under radar. You're already on thin ice with Wanda. And...no, I don't know her. She sounded like someone I knew. But that person was human. Not a cat in shining armor." For all she knew, Blaze was using a secret identity? Best to not spoil that.​

Reactions: Takumi
Leon took her hand and brought her to the dance floor and started dancing with her. He looked around at the scenery, "For an illusion, she has an impressive style," Noticing the door that a bunch of party goers blocking a door. "Oh? What secrets lie beyond thy door?" He said in a curious tone.

@Minerva

XmD3WBl.png

Saeko continued dancing with Leon, maintaining her calm and composed demeanor at the strangeness. "Something's not right here." She said. "Let's make our way towards the door, see if we can plan a way out."

Nono began to sing softly as she performed the waltz with Kiyohime.

Znock5z.png

"Have you ever waltzed before, Kiyohime?"

Nono waltzed near Kyoko and Makoto as this occured - hearing the mention of... children?

During an interlude of her song, Nono nears Makoto. "S- sorry to eavesdrop, but Morikubo was curious, how do your children look? Morikubo would love to see your children some day..."

@Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Otto @Crow @Glostechk @The Batter @York @Gummi Bunnies

XmD3WBl.png

Znock5z.png

"Then... please learn well..."

Nono waltzed with Kiyohime. She had intended to waltz past the swift, faceless dancers that blocked any potential exits.

"Maybe it's the rhythm of the piano music that's causing them to move in such a manner..." Nono says, "Morikubo has a softer, calmer rhythm that might soothe the area. Alone, Morikubo cannot do it, Morikubo cannot overpower a piano alone... but Morikubo has accomplished a lot with others..."

Nono then asks Kiyohime.

"Kiyohime, are you ready to sing?"

@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Atomyk @Verite @ShiroKiyoshi @Glostechk @Bomb @The Batter @York @Archmage Jeremiah
Reiner Braun
@Verite @Josh M @thatguyinthestore @Crow @Mason Moretti @Leon Moretti @Glostechk @Yun Lee @Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @Ryu Keiko @Minerva @ShiroKiyoshi @The Batter @Kaykay @Gands @Bomb
@Others

Eventually, even without a partner, Reiner decided to begin dancing on his own, though he could hardly call it that; it looked like like he was jogging in place or something. Nonetheless, he kept a close eye on Kiyohime, the Batter, and the others in the room to make sure they were safe, perhaps too much so... As he found himself being elbowed, and jabbed in various places of his body.

"What the hell?! Hey! This is a dance, not a brawl!" He protested, but alas, it was in vain.

In the end... Reiner attempted to move through the crowds, taking various blows as he headed towards Kiyohime and Nono (and the Batter, if he managed to stick around through this, feeling various places on his body begin to throb from getting jabbed and hit at seemingly random intervals.

It looks like he drew close enough to Nono though to hear her suggestion, which made him think...

uVTHmn3.png

"The piano huh... Now there's an idea." He mused, pausing for a moment as he assessed what routes he could take to get to the piano in the room.

It was possible that he had a plan if these dancers got too out of hand, but he had to find the path of least resistance to the piano in order for it to even work in the first place...​

@thatguyinthestore

"Seems a bit too coincidental." Noembelu shook her head. "Wanda and Shane were on bad terms. And she's not cruel enough to bring him to just lock him up."

At his comment about Rant, Noembelu frowned. "Even so, the goal's to stay under radar. You're already on thin ice with Wanda. And...no, I don't know her. She sounded like someone I knew. But that person was human. Not a cat in shining armor." For all she knew, Blaze was using a secret identity? Best to not spoil that.​
KQqU1jp.jpg

"Yes, well as I recall, Ms. Maximoff isn't exactly fond of Rant either." Toffee commented before meeting eye contact with Noembelu again. The lizard would sigh when Nono switched to a slower song, causing Toffee to switch to a slow dance as to not stick out like a sore thumb.

"Any preconceptions you might have about Wanda should be taken with a grain of salt now. The Wanda that you, or Honda, knew is gone now. Might I recall that she sat by and allowed her 'Daddy' to murder an innocent woman without even hesitating to stop him." Toffee said dryly with a shrug. "Did your friend mention anything else? Any other people that we should look out for?" Toffee asked, wanting to at least know what he was up against.

@Yun Lee

Saeko continued dancing with Leon, maintaining her calm and composed demeanor at the strangeness. "Something's not right here." She said. "Let's make our way towards the door, see if we can plan a way out."

"Crap. These dancers... Clearly we can't fight them. Leon, do you still have mad ninja skills?" he called to his brother.

In an attempt to not lose Kyoko in the crowd, Mason began to dance alongside the other dancers. He attempted to keep up with their pace, and hopefully match their flow. Perhaps by moving with them, instead of against, he may sneak his way close to the "couple" within.

That being said, Mason wasn't the most graceful of people.
@Atomyk @Verite @Leon Moretti @thatguyinthestore @others

Leon nodded as he started to lead Saeko, while dancing, to the door. Then he heard Mason call out to him. As he turned his head to where he assumed the voice came from, he noticed the large group of dancers around Kyoko and Makoto. "Crap, little bro got himself into trouble... again." He looks at Saeko and asks, "I already know my answer to this question, but what do we go for, the door or our friends?"

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Leon nodded as he started to lead Saeko, while dancing, to the door. Then he heard Mason call out to him. As he turned his head to where he assumed the voice came from, he noticed the large group of dancers around Kyoko and Makoto. "Crap, little bro got himself into trouble... again." He looks at Saeko and asks, "I already know my answer to this question, but what do we go for, the door or our friends?"

@Atomyk @Verite @Anyone

"Follow my lead." She whispered. She would step a few times and then during a twirl would release her grip with Leon. She would then attempt to join with a Male Dancer.

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Takumi and Crow
@thatguyinthestore

Noembelu once again glared at Toffee. "You don't know anything about Honda. They tried to break him, but he's stronger than the Dark Place." A pause. "...I'm sure he's fine."

Noembelu thought to herself. "Some girl named Junko-one with bear pins. There's another Junko with a bow who's good. Monokuma too-a black and white toy bear. And Mother...whoever that is."

Status
Not open for further replies.