• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"People... I don't want people to know I exist so if they were to find - think we were dating, they'd want to do more research on me. What if they find out you were dating a ghost? You'd be forced away in a mental hospital until the day you die," he reminded quietly as he pet the scruff of the indifferent Bitters' neck, the purrs breaking the silence just a tad.

"Plus, even if we were dating, I-I don't really know how, y'know? MT only girlfriend was online and the closest we got to going on dates was video chatting one another, y'know? I mean, I sent her money for a pizza so... that's a dinner date, right?" He weakly offered, knowing that his words sounded pathetic. Hell, he knew his whole life was rather pathetic to the outside world. "Just like I can't flirt."

"...Fine. I mean, my Dad's never going to visit and my sisters aren't likely to without him, so I don't see the issue. But that's fine. I guess it's a lot to ask. Your relationships have only been online, it's... fine. Really." Nyle shrugged, forcing himself to smile. He understood the other's concerns, he recognised how difficult it must be, but to feel rejected by Leo was definitely difficult to accept. He fell for people too easily, so when things didn't go the way he was planning them in his head, of course he felt a bitter sense of disappointment.

"I mean, you can find someone online, right? I can always see if that guy I had sex with is open to dating, or.. or whatever. He told me to fuck off when I approached him earlier, but maybe that was... playful? I... I dunno. I'm fine. I can find someone to date, easily."

"N-No! No... I don't want you seeing that guy again, Nyle. He'll hurt you, I know that," he murmured as he stared at the television, his eyes refusing to even glance over at the other in fear of meeting eyes. Stiffly fiddling with his hands, he instead took a sip the tasteless wine.

"I... I dunno, I won't talk to that guy if you don't want me to," he added as his shaky hand held the neck of the wine. "I mean, if it were up to me I wouldn't want you to leave the house at all. I-If you need cash, I buried a lot in the backyard before I died so my parents couldn't get it. You wouldn't need a job for awhile, right?"

"Of course you aren't speaking to that pervert, no way. I... need to leave the house, dude. I need to get a job, honestly. I'm capable of defending myself. I... get that the evidence proves otherwise, but... really, tonight was a one off," he shrugged as he silently reopened his laptop. There was no better distraction than browsing Instagram and getting jealous over the way others lived their lives, after all.

"He won't hurt me. Besides, I don't want to date him. He's a piece of shit, but he's cute. If we aren't dating, I can go and date who I want, yeah?"

"... I don't think so, no. It's not... fair. You get to tell me to stop talking to this guy a-and that's okay but you get to see other people? I-I..." he replied, though his attempt to seem in charge and commanding fell flat by his nervous stammers and tears eyes. Sniffling, he glanced over at Nyle finally though kept his stiff position, his head still focused forward.

"Why would you even want to date me? These guys on the internet only want to see me to jack off but you don't, right? A-And... the more I think about it, I think my girlfriend might have only wanted to date me for the money. I don't have cash outside of the stuff buried out back and I hardly have a charming personality..."

"I dunno. I fall for guys easily and... look, my usual type hardly works out for me, does it? My ex is a psycho, that guy I fucked wants to beat me up 'cos he doesn't want people knowing his sexuality-- which is dumb as hell. We had sex in the open, outside. You'd think he'd want to be more hidden about it," he laughed, even if the sound was a tad strained by the genuine anxiety he had talking about something this serious. He liked being light-hearted and relaxed with Leo; discussing relationships certainly wasn't that.

"You're different and reliable and... you're not going to stalk me, which is a good thing."

"Kinda hard to do that," he snorted quietly as he offered a weak smile, his cheeks now beetroot as he stared down at the empty glass. "I mean, I know this sounds bad but I would love to stalk you, right? Go out and... I dunno, go places with you? Go to the grocery store, the bar... but I can't, so no need to worry - that came off weird, right?"

Letting out a distressed sigh, he ran his fingers through his hair, the ghost growing silent. Clearing his throat, he slowly began to get up with a weary groan.

"I'm going to take a bath. I can't feel the water but it's just nice to pretend, right?" He teased lightly, though his smile did fade a tad. The bathtub was always where he thought, hence why it was where he chose to kill himself. It still brought back bad memories most of the time but it was the only place he felt comfortable really thinking.

If going into the bathroom unnerved Nyle, he wasn't sure just how Leo felt about going in there, given it was where his death took place. If he could somehow make the experience any easier for him, he would do.

"...Do you want to share a bath? I could do with it and you're bound to see me naked at some point, right? Now we're living together, it was going to happen sooner or later," he laughed, silently easing himself off the couch. "...A bath together isn't... that bad. I used to share a bath with my cousin all the time when we were kids."

"... Are you sure??" He murmured, rubbing his arm warily. "I'm sure you're uncomfortable by the idea. For starters, I... I don't plan on taking off my clothes so you'll be the only one naked, yeah? Are you okay with that? I mean, I... I'm not complaining, aha..." he babbled quietly as he stared at his feet, his toes wriggling under the socks.

"Yeah, okay. Sure, w-we can do that! I mean... yeah. Let's do that," he decided firmly, though did avoid the other's eyes nonetheless. "I think there's bubble bath somewhere, the lady put all this excessive soap and stuff in to make the bathroom look nice. I know you don't like it in there - I've seen you run out after going to the bathroom."

"It creeps me out, not gonna lie. I don't like the thought that you... you know, died in there. Course it makes me feel a little weird, but I gotta get over it sometime, right? I live here, I can't keep running out of my own bathroom," he shrugged, grabbing the remainder of the wine once deciding to really enjoy the bath. He could sip in and get right out in five minutes, or he could make a real treat of it: get bubble bath, a candle, some wine...

He of course decided on the latter. He was bruised and aching - a nice long bath was well overdue.

"I'm alright being naked, sure. I don't think I'm superb to look at, but I ain't bad either. I went to the gym last month, actually. I didn't exercise there, but... I think it shocked my body enough to tone up a bit."

"It's not like you're going to be haunted," he teased in response as he headed up the stairs to the bathroom rather eagerly. Never in a million years did he expect to be sharing a bathtub with an attractive guy, that of whom was naked, but here he was. Rummaging through the small closet, he tugged out the bubble bath and started up the water quickly. The last time he took a warm bath, he had been bleeding out - it was a big difference, right?

"Go get some candles!" He called before happily sitting in the bath. The only feeling he really got from being in the water was a feeling of heaviness, but even that was comforting enough even without the warmth that it would often give off for someone alive. "I can't believe this, a-aha..'

"What, that you're in the bath with a devilishly handsome guy like me?" He teased, returning with the candles and, after setting them up and lighting them, proceeded to get undressed without a second of hesitation. He was someone who had had sex outside for everyone to see, regardless of it being nighttime. He was pretty comfortable getting undressed in the bathroom.

Sinking happily into the water to ease the several bruises along his body, he did make an effort to conceal what he thought was an awful tattoo on his chest, but there wasn't any real point in hiding it. The ghost was going to see it sooner or later.

"...Bea dared me to get a tattoo. She chose the design," he mumbled, frowning down at the girly butterfly. "I mean, it ain't that bad, but... god, it is, isn't it? It's awful, I know it is."

Covering his eyes shyly as the other undressed, he decided to instead on pouring the bubble bath in. The mention of the tattoo broke his attention, sadly, as he glanced up to see the tattoo. Once catching a glimpse of the other did he immediately grow red in a mix of embarrassment a small case of jealousy. To be so confident as to just get into a bathtub with someone who he only knew for a little while? Sure, they bonded quite a bit but he didn't really think the whole thing through - a terrible habit of Leo's.

"I think it's nice," he whispered in return as he let his finger lazily run along the edge of the tub, ignoring the fact that their legs were touching. "I mean, I wish I had gotten a tattoo. I'd look tough, right? Some... I dunno, flower? That's a normal tattoo, right?"

"I hate it, you don't need to flatter me," shrugged the other as he reached over for the soap. Unlike Leo, he was perfect comfortable with the situation-- though he could tell the other was having some sort of regret. Again, that hurt a little, and it definitely felt like a rejection, but he had to respect how he felt. This had to be a little overwhelming for him, and his feelings mattered just a tad more given the place they were sat and what it all meant for him.

"Do you want me to go? I can totally... leave and have a bath later, y'know."

"No, no, that would be a waste," he reassured after taking a heavy - yet completely superficial - sigh to calm his nerves. Eventually growing the confidence to offer a smile and face the other, he even dared to carefully reach out for the tattoo, lightly tracing the linework in a bit of awe.

"I really do think it's nice," he insisted as he bit his lip, leaning back once he found he had been focused on the other's chest too long. "I think it makes you seem, like... relatable? It's not super tough, yeah?"

"...It's fucking terrible, dude. I mean, if I had a choice, I'm not saying I'd go for something different, I just... I dunno, it's embarrassing," he laughed, easing back and trying to at least convince the other to relax, even if he could tell how tense and nervous the ghost was. This wasn't really what he hoped to achieve when suggesting they share a bath. He hoped that they'd be able to both relax together, bond a little more.

Now he assumed he'd just made things ten times more awkward between them.

"I think you look good, I ain't joshing you," he insisted as he folded his arms for emphasis. "I wouldn't lie if I didn't like it, Nyle, what would I gain from that? You already seem to like me enough to share a bath, right? Besides, if this is a... relationship...? We need to be honest with one another, yeah? I don't really know what we are but... I know that you can trust me when it comes to my opinion on you. If you had something else, say, more intimidating, it wouldn't fit you."

Offering a smile in addition, he eased back into the edge of the tub to mimic the other. Once seeing the bubbles dissipate, he added more bath just out of bashfulness.

"A relationship-- so we're dating, are we? Hey, look at me! Two days, and I've grabbed myself a boyfriend. Not too bad, is it?" He beamed, genuinely pleased with himself for at least achieving something positive. Negatively, he had achieved a lot: he'd been beaten up, he had most the town hating him, he'd failed in his sole attempt getting a job.

At least this relationship countered the barrage of negativity he'd been hit with.

"I don't look great, but-- hey, thanks. Maybe I'll start really working out, yeah? Go on a diet, really get in shape."

"Why? You don't need to..." he murmured as he carefully picked up some bubbles, poking at the largest ones until they popped. "You aren't unfit, Nyle. Sure, you aren't made of marble but you're not like me, yeah? You've got some muscle to you. I mean, I can't stop you - physically and emotionally - so have at it, but... I think you're just fine."

It wasn't very hard to realize that Leo had the comfort skills of a rock. Hell, he couldn't even comfort himself let alone Nyle, hence why he grew quiet warily as he stared down at his lap, his face remaining red.

"I just need to warn you that I don't... I don't know his dating works, not properly. I can't go out and have fun with you like normal boyfriends do, obviously, a-and... I don't know how you'll explain this to others, but we'll figure it out, right?"

"I mean, course we'll figure it out. Jeez, don't worry about it. We'll take it real casual. Won't even have to kiss or anything-- though, I guess sharing a bath, with me butt naked, isn't that casual," he laughed, reaching for the bottle of wine to take a swig, deciding it would help alleviate the awkwardness still lingering in him. He didn't want to be awkward, because he usually found his conversations with Leo to be relaxed and easy.

"Really, relax. We'll... just act like mates until you wanna take it a little more serious, I guess. We have all the time in the world, right~?"