Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairin

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

(Eternally Open!) Hisakawa Koukou Character Popularity Poll - Who do you think is the best Boy/Girl?

• Aoi Shimizu (Male)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jae-Won Gyo (Male)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Johann Harisson (Male)

• Leo Kane (Male)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Markus Yoritaka (Male)

• Shinji Kobe (Male)

• Toshi Hamasaki (Male)

• Haruka Fujiyama (Female)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hibiki Kogishi (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilda Narina (Female)

• Katsumi Yukimura (Female)

• Yuri Nozomi (Female)

• Robert West (Male)

• Nao Morita (DLC - Male)

• Mizuki Ishida (DLC - Female)

• Chiyo Imada (DLC - Female)

• Ren Fujibayashi (DLC - Female)

• Kyoko Asakura (DLC - Female)

• Hajime Sakurazaki (DLC - Male)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Hayata Umeko, turquoise, solid]
Umeko%20Ico_zpsozbidptf.jpg

[July 11th, Morning / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Entrance]

"Hello, Umeko.You must be the one that everyone keeps calling the social...uh....moth?"
"Or was it butterfly? Well, they're the same thing anyway I suppose."

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you."
"Yeah. likewise."

Leo took Umeko's hand. There wasn't any 'shake' that followed afterwards, however. Instead, Umeko gently withdrew her hand back after a couple of moments of the two hands being awkwardly unable to clasp one another. She continued to be distant.

"Well, it's not like there's much in common between us two, anyway. So for now, please be a good boy while I make sure everyone forming pairs, Kane-kyun."

With that short exchange, Umeko 'dragged' kane around the other students. She encouraged stragglers to join up with each other, forming up pairs out of the leftovers as if she was the teacher. The minor fiasco that was going on among her sisters and a few others she willfully ignored for the most part. Considering Ren was there, as well as Mr. Stuck Up, they would likely sort it out themselves.

By now, it was almost time to start the assignment. With Yuri still a no-show, it seemed like it would fall on Umeko to get the classes moving. However, she was still intently eyeing around, as if looking for something in the immediate area.

"....I know she came, where is she hiding now?"

Talking to herself, it sounded like she might've be talking about Yuri - almost. There wasn't any reason for Nozomi Yuri to hide from her class.

Gazing around, Umeko's eyes fixed on a target out in the nearby field.

"Should've known Tsubasa would pull this. Look, she's out there sleeping like a log."

She pointed outward to where her eyes were fixed on in the field.

Upon closer inspection, the frame of a young girl with a summer hat could be seen lazily un-involved in the ongoing class activity.

"Hey, Kane-san, might I borrow some money, for a box of juice? I'll need one of those to keep that sleepyhead awake through this."

@Rithas @xLarius
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Shinji Kobe, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

"Sorry... but I don't feel like participating..."

Wakahisa seemed to be heading for Ren, dropping off a video game -probably for Robert- and heading off. Shinji figured that someone other than the guy that seemed intent on becoming more stationary than the stump he had been sitting on would be the easiest to get to agree to the trip. Then again, he didn't really know Wakahisa all that well. They'd heard of each other, but were friends of friends at most. Shinji figured that now was as good a time as any to try and introduce themselves to each other.

Shinji moved to Wakahisa's side.

"Unfortunately for you, I need a partner. Congratulations. My name is Shinji Kobe, pleased to make your acquaintance. Even if you don't want to participate, I'm fine with doing the work in exchange for you telling me what's wrong." God, this introduction was clumsy and transparent, but what else could he say? 'I'm a shadow looming over you to make sure this goes well or my grades suffer?' Maybe he could go with, 'hello there, we don't know each other, I'm very awkward but I really want to make this trip go well so behave or I'll wring your neck?'

"Also, my memory isn't all that good from Middle School, but... don't Umeko-san and Kane know each other already? This isn't the first time they've met, if my memory serves. You interact with Umeko, so you might know if that's true or not."

Shinji actually remembered very little from Middle School, probably even less than he let on. All the days had started to blend together, and anything new that had happened in those years, even holidays and his birthday, had been forgotten. The memories were fuzzy, but he knew the routine very well. Get up. Breakfast. School. Student Government. Home. Homework. Go to sleep. Repeat.

Weekends were just homework. There wasn't anything to remember there either. So he tried not to remember those days at all.

"Also, have you seen Robert recently? Usually I see him at least once a day, but... he hasn't been around. I'm starting to get worried."

The last time someone had suddenly cut ties with him... Shinji ignored that memory too. He tried to forget those words and the heartache. He just hoped that Robert didn't only pretend to put up with Shinji as well. No, Robert had probably gotten drunk or something and ended up having to go back home without a computer. Yeah.

Robert would contact Shinji again soon.

@Shounen Senpai @Everyone canyouheartheshipssailing?
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Hajime Sakurazaki, #5e3319, solid]
Hajime%20Ico_zps4wv1z1qn.jpg

Hajime was zoning out, nearly oblivious to the events around him. He was listening to music, but not so loud that everything around him was drowned out. That soon ended when a package of cookies hit him square on the face. His face briefly contorted into anger, before he noticed a note on the bag and a faint voice saying "my bad." A post-it note was on it, in Mika's handwriting. He let out a sigh, his anger gone but replaced with fatigue.

"Geez..."

He looked around at his surroundings and noticed nothing of interest, so he continued to zone out.

Around half an hour had passed, and Hajime noticed something in his vision. Mika seemed to have a negative interaction with a classmate of 2-A. Although he couldn't hear the contents of the conversation, the facial expressions spoke enough words. After that, Hajime saw familiar figures congregating near tree trunks.

"Huh, so that's where he hid."

Hajime adjusted the volume on his phone, sat on a bench, and observed the workers preparing for the festival.

[Restroom]

Hajime was paired up with the classmate Mika had interacted with earlier; Hajime couldn't remember his name. Though he didn't dislike him, it wasn't like he hung out with him either. To avoid interacting with him, Hajime took a quick trip to the restroom.

Yuri was still absent. In a stall, Hajime took out his phone, his thumb hovering over Yuri's number. All it would take is one press to make a call.

"..."

When was the last time he actually called her? He couldn't remember if he actually did or not. They did exchange texts, but that was infrequent as of late. And the texts that he did send her were mostly schoolwork related, not stuff friends would normally talk about. Hajime let out a sigh and put the phone back into his pocket.

"Hope this is over and done with quick..."

Hajime was feeling the hunger kick in by this point. In preparation for today, he only ate a little yesterday and this morning, since at Robert's party he would feast on the food there. He didn't have much confidence in the present he got for Robert, especially since Mika was often distracted and seemed disinterested at points. Still, in the worst case scenario, he could fork over some cash if it elicited a negative reaction.

"Maybe I could blame it on Tsubasa..."

Discarding that thought, he headed out of the restroom.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

"UWAAAAAA!!!"

"Hm?" Leo was distracted by the slightly off-distance sound of the short grump randomly screaming, certainly was strange. Though, since Leo was sure that Wakahisa wasn't getting mauled by a lion. He was okay at leaving whatever was happening over there to be.

Looking down, he noticed that in actual fact all he did was taken her hand, not actually shaking it. He was sure that at any point he was about to blush intensely and melt into the ground. But it seemed for now that he would be spared from that fate.

"Well, it's not like there's much in common between us two" You're enjoying this aren't you? Of course you are. "-anyway. So for now, please be a good boy while I make sure everyone forming pairs, Kane-kyun."

"You know me, leave me alone for a second and I just starting eating children. It's crazy, my jaw unhinges like a snake and everything" and then he was led as Umeko did her social duties (for once). He managed to just keep on his general smile that he always carried around, and not the deep grimace of pure distaste at the situation that was hiding inside him.

"....I know she came, where is she hiding now?" Leo looked around curiously, wondering who she was talking about. He had of course noticed that Yuri was absent. Perhaps she had buckled under the pressure and was currently in a closet whispering her own name over and over again cradling a miniature doll of Shinji in one hand and a knife in the other. Frankly it wasn't exactly an important thing in his mind. None of this was.

Everything right now was irritating him.

"Should have known Tsubasa would pull this. Look, she's out there sleeping like a log." He gasped, "What, she's sleeping!? This is truly a shocking turn of events"

He looked over, and there she was, sleeping. With a pillow as well. So she carried along a pillow. He wasn't surprised at that at all really.

"Hey, Kane-san, might I borrow some money, for a box of juice? I'll need one of those to keep that sleepyhead awake through this."

He gave Umeko a judging look.

Just say no.

Why, one may ask. Would Mika need a juice box for this, at what point did it happen that the only way to keep Mika awake was giving her one of her five a day. That for some reason she even needed/wanted Mika to be awake? It of course had to be her giving the juice box.

There was no point in saying yes.

Of course....

He grinned, "What is this? The poor borrowing from the poor?" He rummaged for some money. "You're not the only one who has to fend for themselves you know. Of course, I am such a gracious person." He glanced at Mika napping. "Quick, she may fade away into nothingness if she doesn't get her precious juice!" He laid the money out on his palm. "You're too nice to let that happen eh?"

@Ehb @xLarius[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Asakura Kyouko, #ff4500, solid]
nLifB.png

July 11th, Morning / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Entrance

Wakahisa looked at Kyouko and shook his head as there was a mention of the party.

"Sorry... but I don't feel like participating..."
"Eh?"

Wakahisa then took out a CD case, handing it over to Kyouko. It became apparent to Kyouko that he doesn't want to participate in the party.

"Just pass this on to him. I would really appreciate it."
". . ."

Kyouko kept silent as she took the CD case from Wakahisa, it looks like some kind of FPS game that probably Robert wants to play. Though that probably didn't matter as for now. Kyouko kept on looking at Wakahisa's behavior. He was acting rather unusual. Though usually Kyouko would pass this as him being down from being bullied, but she felt that he was down for another reason.

"Sorry for all the trouble that I've caused."

Wakahisa then turned to leave the location, before he did so however...

"I was worried that something bad happened to you, Wakahisa-san."

Ren expressed her concerns, it seemed rather unusual for Kyouko as she remembered that both Ren and Chiyo is on a bad term with Wakahisa. Though her tone seems to show genuine-ness in it.

"I'll probably ignore you or stare at you if you shout like that back in the classrooms. But now we're on a tour. It is my responsibility to keep track of everyone and ensure their safety."

Ah, the Social Morals responsibility, no wonder...

"With Yuri absent from this tour, it becomes obvious that I have to work with Umeko to see this through and making sure that everything goes as planned. That includes me being a bad person if I have to, if it keeps everyone safe... So... Is it okay that I ask for your cooperation? At least for this time?"

Ren asked for him to cooperate and involve himself in this activity. And then...

"Unfortunately for you, I need a partner. Congratulations. My name is Shinji Kobe, pleased to make your acquaintance. Even if you don't want to participate, I'm fine with doing the work in exchange for you telling me what's wrong. Also, my memory isn't all that good from Middle School, but... don't Umeko-san and Kane know each other already? This isn't the first time they've met, if my memory serves. You interact with Umeko, so you might know if that's true or not. Also, have you seen Robert recently? Usually I see him at least once a day, but... he hasn't been around. I'm starting to get worried."

Shinji tried to claim Wakahisa as his partner. Kyouko then immediately clings on Wakahisa.

"Toto-kun, let's get away from here together."

Kyouko then urges Wakahisa to leave this location. She looked at Ren and gave her a sign that she'll handle Wakahisa without Ren's help.

@Miya @Shounen Senpai @RainDash @Raven Haruka @Idunnowhatimdoingnow

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Chiyo Imada, #fbceb1, solid]
Chiyo%20Ico%20Real_zpscbxdv0hl.jpg

Chiyo continued to smile, grateful for the fact that Wakahisa agreed with her. Well, either that or he just didn't really know what else to say, as that could always be an option with him.

"Imada-san. Is that how you talk to people? You should take a break before the trip starts, since you look exhausted, and that's probably where your bad mood is coming from. It would be unfortunate if today went badly because you were tired. Plus, you still have the party to host. I'm sure that Umeko would understand if you need a short break."

Chiyo's smile drooped, Shinji's words hitting right on the bulls-eye. Of course she was tired, she was always tired...but that was no excuse for her actions, like he so kindly explained. "Sorry Kobe-kun, I guess I might be a bit more tired than I thought. But I won't sit out because of something this trivial. Like you said, I have a party to host, and it just wouldn't be right to sit out for an activity such as this...just to get up and do something that's much more fun and a whole lot less work to do."

"But I'm sure this was all just a simple misunderstanding, so we should all focus on forming pairs with each other."

Nodding in agreement, the peach locked eyes with the glasses-wearing boy in front of her, before getting distracted by Wakahisa's small bow of apology.

"Sorry for all the trouble that I've caused."

Oh no, did I miss something important? Chiyo watched as he began to walk away, opening her mouth to call out-

Ah, never mind. Chiyo began to drift while Ren talked to the shortest in the group, her thoughts just too tempting to resist. She came back to reality when, all of a sudden, Shinji tried to claim the other male as his partner. Well, it was less of the action that caught her attention, instead a single question bringing back her worries.

"Also, have you seen Robert recently?"

Kyouko puts in her say, clearly not willing for Shinji to become her lover's partner, but the glasses girl didn't pay as much attention to this than she normally would, instead focusing directly on Shinji's words.

"Kobe-kun..." A multitude of thoughts flurried through her mind, a muddled mess of 'what if's and other scenarios popping through her mind, a whole new type of worry beginning to form, along with new questions she was just dying to ask. For now though, she'll just ask the obvious.

"Do you think West-san is missing because he has other plans? Perhaps he just left town for a few days with his family?" [/fieldbox]

@RainDash @Miya @Shounen Senpai @LowDefinition @TemplePeepsIguess?

"What is this? The poor borrowing from the poor?" Kane said as he patted over and into his pockets, looking for spare change. "You're not the only one who has to fend for themselves you know. Of course, I am such a gracious person."

"Of course! It's important to be supportive to the divine-will the higher ups, right~?"

"Quick, she may fade away into nothingness if she doesn't get her precious juice!" Exclaimed Kane as he offered some change to Umeko. "You're too nice to let that happen eh?"

"She can fade away of her own will if she so desires on her own time. But, thank you..." She said as she accepted the coins off of him. "...Right now, it would be a bit of a problem for Nozomi-san and I if Mika-chan wasn't participating here on the trip. That's why, I guess."

"Be back in a second, Kane-kyun~!"

Umeko dashed off a bit further off, but eventually returned to Kane and the still-snoozing girl.

"There! This juice box will work perfectly or waking her up!" Umeko said as she stuck the straw into container.

She knelt down by Mika, and began guiding the straw towards the girl's face. Presumably, considering how she wasn't responding to any calls, some stimuli would help snap her bake into being awake. However, the straw ended up being moved straight past Mika's mouth, and was guided up towards one of the girl's nostrils.

By the time Kane could notice it was already too late.

With a giddy smile, Umeko squeezed the container, sending a gush of Fruit Juice blasting up through the straw and into Mika Tsukasa's nose.

@Rithas @xLarius
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Wakahisa Totohaku, #787877, solid]
Yrevtaw.png

Way to bring more drama into this... you idiot. This was what continuously went on through his head as he made step after step, getting further away from them. He was stopped by none other than Ren, the girl who he purposely wanted to avoid as much as possible.

"..."

This forced him to stop dead on his tracks. Wait... worried...? She was worried about me...? That's a joke, I'm sure of-- Turning his head around, the shota was wide-eyed over the short-statured girl's calm yet serious disposition. Wakahisa was slapped with surprise after surprise this morning. But this one took the prize.

"I'll probably ignore you or stare at you if you shout like that back in the classrooms. But now we're on a tour. It is my responsibility to keep track of everyone and ensure their safety."

He looked away as she gave a slight pause.

"With Yuri absent from this tour, it becomes obvious that I have to work with Umeko to see this through and making sure that everything goes as planned. That includes me being a bad person if I have to, if it keeps everyone safe..."

"So... Is it okay that I ask for your cooperation? At least for this time?"

Then, brief silence followed. You've got to be kidding me right now... Just leave me alone... He sighed. But before he could say anything else, Shinji had already interrupted him. People just love interrupting other people before they could utter words, don't they?

"Unfortunately for you, I need a partner. Congratulations. My name is Shinji Kobe, pleased to make your acquaintance. Even if you don't want to participate, I'm fine with doing the work in exchange for you telling me what's wrong."

This guy, who he barely even knew apart from being Nozomi's friend, had a commanding tone that articulated from his lips. At this point, Wakahisa was just flabbergasted.

"W-wha..."

"Also, my memory isn't all that good from Middle School, but... don't Umeko-san and Kane know each other already? This isn't the first time they've met, if my memory serves. You interact with Umeko, so you might know if that's true or not."

Memories of what happened yesterday came back to haunt him once the shorty had heard Shinji utter her name. Wakahisa gave a firm reply.

"... I don't know."

"Also, have you seen Robert recently? Usually I see him at least once a day, but... he hasn't been around. I'm starting to get worried."

All this stuff about someone who hasn't shown his face for quite a while now, to a truly disturbing degree. Was he murdered or something? Even he didn't know the answer.

"...."

"Kobe-kun... Do you think West-san is missing because he has other plans? Perhaps he just left town for a few days with his family?"

Conversation interrupted by the peach-head, Kyouko had approached him and clinged onto him; tighter than before. While he felt uneasy, it was easily noticeable that he was blushing slightly.

"... W-what are you doing?"

"E-eh...?"

Recollection flashed in his head about what he had uttered yesterday towards his "friends" and classmates.

"Are you serious? Do you actually think that this whole "class merge" crap is a good idea? Our class is barely holding its own in the mental department, and now you suggest by merging us with another set of lunatics? Hayata-san... I'll be frank. I think that this is one of the worst decisions that you could have possibly made as a Social Morals officer. Not just yours, but Fujibayashi-san and Nozomi-san's too."

"...."

These guys... Seriously... Agh. My head hurts... Removing his uncertainty towards his opinion of Class 2-A being "lunatics", Wakahisa shook his head for a moment.

"Jesus... Don't you two be fighting over me now. Like I said, I have no intention of pairing up with anyone. B-but..."

The shota scratched his cheek, his decision slowly shifting. He won't hear the end of it from Kyouko if he wouldn't participate, anyway. It seemed that he wasn't going to leave them for now.

"... I guess I could... p-participate for now. But I'm going to stay at the tree trunk. I'll also try visiting Robert once this silly activity is accounted for."

Returning to his place of leisure, Wakahisa sat down with Kyoko.

"O-oi... I-I said I wasn't going to pair up... C-come on, l-let go..."

@Raven Haruka @Miya @LowDefinition @RainDash

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Tsubasa Mika, #40ff79, solid"]
Mika%20Ico_zpszjgmvx8a.jpg

Out of pure reflex she kicked Hayata-San with enough force to get her away from her face as she coughed. She immediately stood up as her eyes seem to slit.

"Tch. I knew you were crazy enough to be ridiculously optimistic but I didn't think you'd go that far. Where on earth would you get that idea from?"

She laughed boldly despite her voice, and the point that she wasn't very loud. She cracked her knuckles then she realized she wasn't on campus.

"Ah what a bummer, we could've played a game, maybe when we get back."

She yawned as she straightened her sun hat.
She grinned with a boyish 'air' as she popped a small cookie into her mouth.

" Miss Hay. Ya. Ta. "

She walked up to Umeko as she looked down at her.

She took a jelly doughnut and practically forced her to eat it as Mika giggled with a eerie tone as she stood up.

"Now, now. Enjoy your morning."

Mika's grin abruptly turned into a bitter hating look.

" 'Cause the rest is going to be hell. "

Her boyish grin returned as she skipped pass Leo.

"Oh dear! I almost forgot."

She picked up the juice box as she shook it, what a waste she told herself. She pulled out the straw and took her scissors out of her bag and cut it in half as she walked sipping the juice box. She was incredibly irritated, Mika was lucky she could restrain herself to that point, she knew Umeko wouldn't be phased but her threats are pretty much never empty. After all, Umeko only had a hurt behind. Though... She had to deal with Ren.. She tucked the juice box into the bag, yawned, then shook her head. This had to be a moment she had to remember. Note to self, sleep in a more private area. She tripped though, some habits from her sleepy side transfer over apparently. Mika grinned not bothered. She had a bit of planning to do along with exploring, as she muttered her families motto. This was strange for Mika, she snapped. Smiling was something she never did, oh dear. In her case the first step was find Ren. She took a step towards the opposite direction that Ren was at. As she hummed to herself looking through the crowd.

Leo and Umeko knew that she was probably going to be like this all morning and maybe a bit into the afternoon, maybe if they don't bump into each other she'll forget. Though they probably weren't terrified of this munchkin the air around Mika was a bit tense

Mentions:
@Miya
@Rithas

Interactions:
@Ehb

[/hr][/fieldbox]

[July 11th, Morning / Amaterasu Shrine, Outside Shrine Entrance, Field]

"Tch. I knew you were crazy enough to be ridiculously optimistic but I didn't think you'd go that far. Where on earth would you get that idea from?"
"Kugh... Well, maybe if you spent some of your time doing something productive instead of snoozing all the time maybe you'd actually know."
"Ah what a bummer, we could've played a game, maybe when we get back."
" Miss Hay. Ya. Ta. "

Walking over to Umeko, Mika force fed Umeko a jelly doughnut. Or was it? Umeko's muffled bites were ambiguously between sounding like gagging and outright laughing at the absurdity of this 'punishment.'

"Now, now. Enjoy your morning."
" 'Cause the rest is going to be hell. "

With that, the sleeping girl nonchalantly walked off. Not letting the leftover juice go to waste as she left, sipping what was left in it.

"...mmmm a jelly donuts for a box of juice, seems like a pretty good trade." Umeko said as wiped off excess jelly off her lips. "Heheh! But did you see her reaction? She actually coughed juice out! Totally worth it!"

Umeko hadn't been intending on getting Tsubasa Mika back into the social moral assignment at all.

Standing up and dusting off her skirt, Umeko didn't seem all too phased by being kicked and knocked down. The kick certainly did connect with Umeko's Bottom, and from anyone elses' point of view it seemed painful. But, in reality, there wasn't all too much oomph in a strike coming from a girl who spent most of her time asleep. At worst, it only really plastered some shards of grass onto Umeko's skit that needed to be brushed off.

Umeko Hayata was used getting thrashed around. As shee knew, 'acting' hurt' was a viable tactic. But, the only real question now was: why?

"Anyway, that's Tsubasa Mika-chan for you. She's got a mouth, but all she ever really does is sleep all of the time. Her threats sure sound intimidating, don't they? I'd shudder to think of getting into a fight with someone on a cookie diet."

In the end, maybe the social butterfly was getting a chance at pranking Mika in the safety of being off of school grounds.

...If only that was the case.

"Say, Leo-kun. So I heard you're teaming up with Chiyo with this whole ridiculous quest Nozomi-san formulated, right?"

Of course. How did he not notice it earlier?

Our here, aside from the class, out of the school. For the first time in a long time, they were both alone together. Removed like this, Umeko could speak her mind without worrying about other students catching wind of potential leaks she could end up saying. That's right, right here she would see anyone approaching her long before something unecessary would be heard by a third party.

It was all to get herself alone with Kane, for this conversation.

"...I heard about what happened a couple of days ago. About you getting axed by the Social Morals Committee, and then Chiyo jumping in and being played by Nozomi-san like a flute. That's so like her capitalizing on other people to make her quest for completel social morals all the more efficient. Still, I AM supposed be her sister after all, so forgive me for having to ask this, Leo."

Umeko turned to him with her arms crossed. Umeko was wearing a nostalgic expression. The same inquisitive look that she had from all those years ago. All other expressions that she made where utterly fake in comparison. This was who Umeko truly was.

"Are you doing all of this for self-preservation...? or, are you just going along with all of this for Chiyo's sake?"

"Answer carefully, Leo. Because even if you choose to play dumb, I've already seen things."

Of course, who wouldn't have seen Kane chasing after Chiyo that other day?

@xLarius @Rithas

[/fieldbox]

"Oh," Shinji said, "I'm sorry Kyoko. Um, have fun."

"Do you think West-san is missing because he has other plans? Perhaps he just left town for a few days with his family?"

He turned to the peach head, surprised that Chiyo was talking to him. It was surprising, since he had just told her off for snapping at Wakahisa not all that long ago. Still, the words were small comfort, and she was trying.

So he gave her a false smile, most people hadn't really seen his real one so it'd be hard to tell it was fake anyway, and he said, "that's probably it. Hah, and here I'd been worried about nothing. His phone probably ran out of battery while he was out. Still, wouldn't that mean he might miss the party, Chiyo?"

"Jesus... Don't you two be fighting over me now. Like I said, I have no intention of pairing up with anyone. B-but..."

Shinji raised an eyebrow at the Wakahisa's comment. He wasn't fighting, he just didn't know that Wakahisa had already paired up with Kyoko. It was a common mistake. Then Wakahisa wandered off, muttering as he went.

"... I guess I could... p-participate for now. But I'm going to stay at the tree trunk. I'll also try visiting Robert once this silly activity is accounted for."
"O-oi... I-I said I wasn't going to pair up... C-come on, l-let go..."

Which returned Shinji to his original problem. He had no one who wanted to be his partner from 2-B. His best shot had been taken, and he couldn't see himself even thinking to talk to Tsubasa, who had been unusually active at this moment in time, drinking a juice box and walking away with a jelly doughnut in her mouth. There was also muttering about revenge or something like that from her.

Umeko probably did something stupid to her. Seemed to be how the social butterfly of 2-B operated. He wasn't really motivated to make her not do anything, plus he wanted to avoid Kane.

Another fight would probably break out between the two despite Shinji's better judgement, and the class needed things to go smoothly today.

Shinji wandered off towards the entrance again, hoping to find a partner there.

@Shounen Senpai @LowDefinition @Raven Haruka
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, royalblue, solid]

Watching as Umeko held the juicebox up to Mika's face, Leo tilted his head. "Uh Umeko-" and it was at that precise moment that she sent the juice up Mika's nose. For a moment Leo seemed to be completely frozen, before slowly etching into a manic smirk. And with that came the laugh. "Did you just-" Leo managed to sputter incoherently before receding back to laughing.

His laughing only increased as Mika kicked Umeko back, he seemed to stumble a little bit. Somewhat struggling to breath. What didn't help was the fact that Mika then went up to Umeko and basically shoved a doughnut into her mouth.

Well, this is the point where I die of laughter. Goodbye Life, it's been an average ride.

"Now, now. Enjoy your morning. 'Cause the rest is going to be hell. "

"Oh my..." He put his hand up to his mouth, smiling widely.

"Anyway, that's Tsubasa Mika-chan for you. She's got a mouth, but all she ever really does is sleep all of the time. Her threats sure sound intimidating, don't they? I'd shudder to think of getting into a fight with someone on a cookie diet."

"You won't have anyone to blame when you wake up with her standing over you with an axe" He commented, still letting out small sniggers.

"Say, Leo-kun. So I heard you're teaming up with Chiyo with this whole ridiculous quest Nozomi-san formulated, right?"

He sighed.

"Took you long enough" he said, stretching nonchalantly.

"...I heard about what happened a couple of days ago. About you getting axed by the Social Morals Committee, and then Chiyo jumping in and being played by Nozomi-san like a flute. That's so like her capitalizing on other people to make her quest for complete social morals all the more efficient. Still, I AM supposed be her sister after all, so forgive me for having to ask this, Leo."

"Really, you are? Could of fooled me"
At least now she was actually saying it. He was wondering how long she was going to take, though he supposed now that no one was close was a good opportunity. Wasn't surprising, since there was only ever going to be one reason why she actually partnered up with him.

"Are you doing all of this for self-preservation...? or, are you just going along with all of this for Chiyo's sake?" He wondered what she thought.

"Answer carefully, Leo. Because even if you choose to play dumb, I've already seen things." How wonderfully vague, he wondered why she even said it like that. It was just the two of them.

"Yes,yes...you and your spider web." Kane seemed to be a lot more passive and tired then normal. Whether this actually meant anything was a mystery, as it was widely known that trying to figure out what Leo was thinking was mostly a useless affair.

"Well..." He waved a hand in the air dismissively. "Does it really matter what I actually say then?" He scratched his cheek. "Oh, I could keep going on about Chiyo and that really her heart might explode if I didn't go along and do this. That my true motivation for this whole thing is to keep her happy. and just maybe raise her confidence about herself" He smiled faintly, "Of course I could just be lying. Maybe I just don't want to be kicked out by a bunch of over-emotional nitwits. Who knows?"

"What do you want me to say? What do you think?"

His face twisting into a grimace. He seemed to whisper something under his breath, before his shoulders dropped. "It doesn't matter..." he clenched his hands into fists.

He suddenly looked up, smiling.

"She just wants to help, who am I to say no?"

It angered him that she was asking this, she of all people. She was the last person to be questioning him on this. It seemed the only thing that he felt like doing right now was doing what he always did. Whatever that was.

@Ehb[/fieldbox]

Umeko listened to what he had to say. In the end, Kane's response was merely... ambiguous at best.

And in response, Umeko was highly unimpressed.

"...You asking me what I want YOU to do? That's funny Kane. As if you'd ever bother to listen to anyone's advice in the first place."

There was a hint of spite in Hayata Umeko's words.

"Well then, how about this advice? You can save yourself and Chiyo the trouble of all of this by just letting yourself get expelled, and... if you REALLY want to help out my sister, you can go ahead and tell her an to wake up from that polished fantasy world of hers and start getting a bit more aware about reality. The same can probably apply to Nozomi too. I'd tell Nozomi that myself, actually, but it'd be too much of a pain to hear the painful lecturing afterwards."

Hayata Umeko casually shifted her weight to one of her legs as she held her hands behind her.

"I completely expect you and Chiyo to fail miserably. All you two will manage to do in the end, is antagonize and annoy the people you try to 'help'. I'd like to not have to repair my proverbial spider web in the first place, so it would be much more convenient if you'd refrain from causing me trouble for once, and just remove yourself from the whole equation. I mean, seriously, why take a chance when your probability of success is practically in the negative?"

Holding her arms out, Umeko closed her reveal as if presenting herself as a big finish.

"So there you go? I'm sure this is the part where you start firing off those adorable little sarcastic remarks and side commentary. Still, above anything else, Kane, I sincerely implore you to not delude my little sister into thinking she's capable of doing anything else but fucking everything up."

A large inconvenience. This seemed to be the only reason Umeko Hayata approached Kane again after these past years.

Asking about Kane's intentions towards Chiyo as a concerned sister was just a ruse to get his attention. The truth was, she despised Chiyo Imada from the bottom of her heart. And, she saw the unholy partnership of her and Leo Kane as nothing but a catalyst for major inconveniences down the line.

Kane didn't remember Umeko ever sounding this malicious.

Then again, he never did delve into her relationship with her family, as there was never any reason to.

To Hayata Umeko, Chiyo Imada was below garbage. Maybe, she regarded Chiyo as advanced garbage, if the prefix would only further drive home the point at how she disliked her.

This whole exchange was becoming quite revealing, in some rather dislikeable ways. Based on the rumors, and what was to behold right now, it seemed like Umeko had truly changed for the worse. She wasn't the same person anymore. How could Kane possibly respond to this, or... what consequences would wait for him and Chiyo if he chose to walk away, and make her an enemy?

She waited on Kane's reaction and response, appearing to look like she was expecting to be amused with pretty much anything he'd come up with.

@Rithas
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Leo Kane, royalblue, solid]

"...You asking me what I want YOU to do? That's funny Kane. As if you'd ever bother to listen to anyone's advice in the first place."

There it is, it's happening. "I always listen"

"Well then, how about this advice? You can save yourself and Chiyo the trouble of all of this by just letting yourself get expelled, and... if you REALLY want to help out my sister, you can go ahead and tell her an to wake up from that polished fantasy world of hers and start getting a bit more aware about reality. The same can probably apply to Nozomi too. I'd tell Nozomi that myself, actually, but it'd be too much of a pain to hear the painful lecturing afterwards."

Oh how annoying it must be for you to pretend to everyone. How much do you keep going on to tell everyone you aren't a manipulative bitch? Honestly I would get tired after a while.

"I completely expect you and Chiyo to fail miserably. All you two will manage to do in the end, is antagonize and annoy the people you try to 'help'. I'd like to not have to repair my proverbial spider web in the first place, so it would be much more convenient if you'd refrain from causing me trouble for once, and just remove yourself from the whole equation. I mean, seriously, why take a chance when your probability of success is practically in the negative?"

"You know it sounds even more evil when you call it a spider web yourself" But in fairness, it was good that she was saying this. When she acted like a normal person for once he started to feel weird. Like the very beginning. But this, This was the thing that kept him aware of the present. Aware of what she was like, and what the two thought of each other.

"So there you go? I'm sure this is the part where you start firing off those adorable little sarcastic remarks and side commentary. Still, above anything else, Kane, I sincerely implore you to not delude my little sister into thinking she's capable of doing anything else but fucking everything up."

A small chuckle escaped his lips.

"Hmm" Leo face twisted into a manic grin. "Sometimes I guess what it was. It must be pretty bad, the two of them have nearly forgotten it. I mean, Chiyo hates you. You have no relevance to Ren, your parents kicked you out of the house. Do you cry when you come home to yourself? That you have no one who understands or actually cares about you? I wonder if that's why you put up a façade like this, to fill up the hole that your family doesn't want you. It's pretty funny in my opinion." He looked down at Umeko. In both the literal and conversational way. His voice dripping with the distaste that he felt for her at this moment.

There was no such thing as consequences in this, the same thing was going to happen no matter what he said. The two of them were enemies the second that she did what she did back then. But now, now it was comical.

"Oh, Oh! Are you still sore over the fact that you have shit grades? Desperately crawling to any hole to find some way to improve them? I mean that just screams insecurity don't you know? Though I suppose that if you do ever find a way to cheat the system you can go fight people. Since you won't lose then right?" He snickered, his grin every so often shifting into a cruel smirk

"Your words are losing their usual tact. It almost feels like you're jealous." He lazily pointed a finger in her direction. "How did I actually ever like you? You're so boring!" Perhaps she had actually changed, perhaps she was being like this for some reason. He didn't care, why would he care. Would could possibly make him care about her well being?

He couldn't, not right now.

"What are you going to do now, whine about how it's Chiyo fault that you became a self-centred bitch? Tell me how, please. Or go off crying, hands on your face. You should surprise me. You rarely do nowadays"

@Ehb[/fieldbox]

Leo's rebuttals came. He basically equated Umeko to a desperately self conscious and manipulative person who was desperately trying to make up for the fact that she was being shunned by her family, and jealous of Chiyo's.... well, actually, he didn't actually specify that much further.

"What are you going to do now, whine about how it's Chiyo fault that you became a self-centred bitch? Tell me how, please. Or go off crying, hands on your face. You should surprise me. You rarely do nowadays"

"..."

As expected, Umeko was entirely amused at Kane's ignorance. Not even 10% of what he said was even true. For the most part, Kane's observations were completeley off target. If Umeko was able to, she would've been laughing manically at what she had just seen.

"Just like before. Leo, you fail."

The aggression in Umeko's voice was gone.

It was at this moment that Kane began to realize... no, he probably couldn't. At this point, Umeko may have already pushed him beyond being able to see it.

"Why where you grinning like that earlier? Did it feel reassuring that I sounded so surely like those 'villains' that you so desperately seek to find and demonize? Is it that comforting to have me uphold that image of that black morality you're always trying to look for?"

Umeko looked at Kane with a playful quizzical look. Even if his height allowed him to look down upon him, she looked up to him as if witnessing the clumsy actions of a drunken clown. Making conversation with a complete joke of a human being.

"You must really miss her, huh, Leo? That same kind demeanor. About the same height. That annoying 'I'll definitely do it no matter what' attitude? It makes it look like Kokoro is still here, right? Chiyo sure is a convenient replacement, right?"

The unpleasant memories... where held back. It was the memory that Kane and Umeko locked away the most.

The day they found Kokoro.

Even if they had suppressed the memories of that day. There was certainly one thing that was certain: that was the day the relationship between 'Ume-chan' and Leo began to inevitably spiral into falling apart.

"Hey, Leo. Did you want to know why I decided that we should go back to being strangers? Do you?"

Umeko's voice was calm, in yet, seething.

"Well, I'm pretty sure with that cynical outlook of yours, you can figure it out too?"

@Rithas
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:

[July 11th, Morning / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Entrance, Field]

As Leo and Umeko talked, Shinji listened. To anyone just looking, Shinji would appear like he wasn't interested at all. In fact, due to his recent reactions to Leo's comments earlier he might appear pleased with Leo getting chewed out by someone Shinji liked. But the fact of the matter was that as Shinji listened, the less he knew about the real Umeko. About his childhood friend.

"Still, above anything else, Kane, I sincerely implore you to not delude my little sister into thinking she's capable of doing anything else but fucking everything up."
"Why where you grinning like that earlier? Did it feel reassuring that I sounded so surely like those 'villains' that you so desperately seek to find and demonize? Is it that comforting to have me uphold that image of that black morality you're always trying to look for?"

Shinji decided that it was time to leave, before he was spotted or drawn into the scene unfolding. Whatever what happening between those two would be better left between them. Shinji certainly wouldn't stand it if someone was prying into his private life like that. Still, Umeko pulling for Leo's expulsion was certainly not something a Social Morals Officer would normally do.

Shinji walked away more determined to ensure that Chiyo's task went well, more for the sake of defying this Umeko than for helping Leo.

How could anyone want to cause the downfall of their own sibling?

"Well, I'm pretty sure with that cynical outlook of yours, you can figure it out too?"

It was probably because Umeko couldn't stand it if anyone knew about this ugly side. For one, no one would want to talk to such a manipulative bitch, and for two... it was probably linked to why Umeko was trying to pretend to be strangers with Leo. And this Kokoro... she sounded like Chiyo the way that Umeko described it.

Was it the reason that Leo had been running before? To chase after Chiyo?

As Shinji neared the entrance, he was jarred out of pondering these questions to realize...

He still didn't have a partner.

@everyoneplznteractwiththisgoober

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, solid]

"Just like before. Leo, you fail."

He had to stay calm, hide his anger with laughter. Why did every word she say make him angry? Why was she such an infuriating bitch.

"You're really working on that psychology major aren't you." His smile was fading, his face slithering back to the impassive expression that he wore sometimes.

When it was getting hard to pretend.

"You must really miss her, huh, Leo? That same kind demeanour. About the same height. That annoying 'I'll definitely do it no matter what' attitude? It makes it look like Kokoro is still here, right? Chiyo sure is a convenient replacement, right?" Leo tensed.

You don't get to say that.

Perhaps there was some truth to that statement?

He wanted to laugh, But there was no joy to be had. "You really can't let that whole sister hate thing go for a second can you?"

"Hey, Leo. Did you want to know why I decided that we should go back to being strangers? Do you?"

Obviously she knew he did. That was the first thing he thought when she said it to him. Right now though, did he?

"Well, I'm pretty sure with that cynical outlook of yours, you can figure it out too?" He shrugged, "I'm widely known as a hopeless optimist so~, how would I ever be able to guess why you would do something?"

"But sure, I'll throw out some random inaccurate guesses to amuse you. Gee, Knowing you Umeko. You probably hated Kokoro or something. Or, I dunno, you're a blood sucking vampire and cut contact because I was getting too close to your secret." Well, that one was just true. "You're forever got a grudge over the fact that you only made a boring old katana for that assignment and forever blame me for distracting you all the time, and never taking me up on the suggestion to call it "A very pointy stick"

"But please, tell me! Oh I'm sure it's emotional driven and it'll paint you in a new light. Oh I beg you, let that be the case!" He jeered, laying his two hands out. "Well, what is it then?"

@Ehb[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Tsubasa Mika, #40ff79, solid"]
Mika%20Ico_zpszjgmvx8a.jpg

She continued walking as she kicked a can up, she kept trying to keep the memory of the annoying candy, and the faker.
Her knees buckled as she fell on the floor. Some girls giggled as she just laid on the floor.

"Oi, midget. Have a partner yet?"

The person looked down at her as she looked up at him.

"I guess not, I already have one, ironic that it's your friend."

Mika stood up, she wasn't one to sit down and be bullied. That was Toto-kun's job.

"I do. It's my buddy Ai, Junior."

"I bet she's retarded, who would be friends with you?"

"Y'know I'm in a really crappy mood right now."

She tilted her sun hat down as her smile widened.

"But I guess it's your job..."

She stopped. Mika walked away, anymore and she would get expelled. Though man, she probably needed a partner.
Her mother threatened to force her into a club, or something if she didn't try to pull her grades up or something like that. Her mother was a scary force of nature. It'd be even worse if she got suspended or some crap like that. She walked fast as she tuned out the teen behind her. She bumped into a person, at full speed, even a giant would get knocked down, especially when it seems that this lady is quite okay at P.E.

Mika came out of no where from the crowd so from the start, they were going opposite directions but Mika was going at a faster pace.

"Ach."

She looked at the person who she bumped into as her eyes widened for a second, as her eyes diverted.

"Hey Shinji."

She had intended to find Ren, but instead got involved with her 'ex' friend.

". . ."

Mika felt an uncontrolable feeling. No not love. She's not that much of an idiot. It's called the feeling of being 'uncomfortable.' This was because he reminded her of her greatest fear. The fact of rejection. Where was Sakura or Ai when she needed them. She suppressed this feeling soon enough but it still remained, just not on her face.

"Have you found a partner yet?"

Mika tried her best at small talk, it was up to Shinji to decide whenever to make an escape or remain.

Mentions:
Ai
Sakura

Interactions:
@RainDash

[/hr][/fieldbox]

[July 11th, Morning / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Entrance, Field]

"Hey Shinji."

"Mmm?" Shinji turned to see Mika speaking to him. Those two weren't on great terms, but he guessed that she needed a partner.

"Have you found a partner yet?"

How could he guess? But even though they weren't on great terms, Shinji couldn't exactly afford to be picky. He didn't have a partner, and she was in the other class. She fit the bill exactly... but he really hoped that she wouldn't fall asleep and get them both into trouble, which was something Shinji wanted to avoid doing today. For the sake of merging the classes.

Still... he should at least try and get along with more people.

"I have not yet found one. How about you? Is your search going well? I thought you paired up with someone earlier. You gave them... a plant?" Shinji asked, more than a little curious about the interaction he'd seen. Maybe he'd get some answers, and maybe it'd ease the ice between the two of them.

It'd be easier if she wasn't such a well known sleepyhead and troublemaker. But making friends with her was out of the question. Shinji didn't want to be associated with her again, lest he have to deal with being labeled as a sleepyhead as well. Or dealing with her again. He just wanted to move on without dealing with the sleepyhead. Besides, he wondered if she even cared about the stakes of the class merge or the field trip.

He wondered how he managed to stand her dumb antics for so long back then.

"You also have a bit of... is that juice dribbling out of your nose?"

It was too early for this nonsense.

@xLarius @everyone
[/fieldbox]

"Emotionally driven, shedding me into a new light? Really, Leo? Do you really think I've been spending all of these years living alone brooding over a bunch of trivial stuff like that? ...did I always look like that to you?"

Umeko grinned bitterly.

"Idiot."

"Always going around and solving things to his own fancy. Siding with one side and condemning the other permanently. You always acted so recklessly that it caused Kokoro so much trouble! But... because we were all in the club, she did everything she could to save you from the backlash! Because of you...!"

["Leo-kun did... what?"]

["Sorry! Sorry! You two can go on ahead!"]

["Say, Leo. Kokoro sure has been busy a lot lately, hasn't she?"]

["Kokoro! That injury!"]
["Don't worry, Ume! I just fell on something sharp... That's all!"]

["Leo-kun. You know, Everyone has their reasons, right?"]
["With that in consideration, if you want to be popular with everyone..."]

Leo couldn't remember the words that came after that. Even though it was something so important. Did he just forget about it due to time, or did he willingly forget it?

"You haven't learned a thing. You're still acting the same way you did back then. No, rather - in this time you've probably gotten even worse. In all this time you've just managed to accrue many grudges from many people. They already put in a motion to have you erased, but - they missed the target, and... someone else was 'erased' as a result."

What was Umeko talking about? Erased?

But, Umeko wasn't going to spell out that answer for him. No doubt, Kane could easily draw what it meant.

"Leo. If you keep on doing things like you have been. Acting so recklessly - you'll probably end up getting erased soon enough. So, when I say 'get expelled' I'm saying it for your own sake. I'm saying you should just get expelled because I know you aren't going to ever change. So, if you do value your own life, you should leave."

A life or death situation. It sounded like some sort of plot from a manga. But, there wasn't anything hinting at Umeko using any sort of falsified words or scare-tactics. It simply was the facts of what she could see from her point of view.

Still, Leo couldn't immediately respond.

Turning herself around Umeko looked at her phone, noticing a good amount of time had already passed. Checking in on Leo here, it seemed like there really wasn't any hope for him in all of this. She didn't have the luxury to bail him out. And, unlike Kokoro, she didn't have a replacement to cover for her if something happened to her.

It was the truth. If she continued being friends with Leo back then - if she allowed herself to be compelled to protect him like Kokoro did - then she would no doubt meet the same sort of fate.

"We're about out of time. I should get started with this social morals assignment by now."

She turned back to Leo, her face was... impartially cold, as were her words.

"Just keep in mind Leo. If you do choose to stay, get involved with Chiyo, and continue to do things as recklessly as you always have... If it becomes apparent that you're beyond saving from being erased... Just be aware, I will make preemptive motions to ensure the damage your Disappearance causes is minimized as much as possible. Likely, that means I'll have to beat those other people when it comes to having you erased."

Umeko took a step forward. Away from Leo and back towards the rest of the class waiting at the bottom of the shrine stairway.

"Ah, and also - that thing about us being partners for the Social Morals assignment. That was a lie. Social Morals officers go through all of the trouble to arrange to have these assignments set up for everyone else, right? The write-ups and all that nonsense is for their classmates. Still, really, if you can't find a partner you can do the paper yourself, ya know?"

"So I guess you are right, Leo. I am still a bit upset about that whole 3d design assignment thing, aren't I?"

It looked like Leo wasn't going to be getting any more answers for today, and, it looked like Umeko had pretty much set him up for this from the very beginning.

Just whose side was she on anyways?

@Rithas
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nozomi Yuri, plum, solid]
Yuri%20Ico1_zpsfui4oskj.jpg

[July 11th, Afternoon / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Courtyard]

The event went on as planned. After ascending the stairs, they class was met with the shrine abbot. Who happily have a detailed lecture of the importance of the festival to the local area. That seemingly long lecture and tour was short in comparison to the other part of the assignment the class was currently engaged in - the part of helping the shrine set up for the festival itself.

Luckily though, no one had to haul up any heavy things up the stairs. That job went to the men who had been weaving between the two classes earlier on - carrying the festival materiel up the shrine. The classes seemed to be getting along with each other for the most part. In fact, the physical labor and work was probably just the thing to get the two classes to act together and cooperate. Though getting along wasn't exactly the case for everyone.

At the moment, the classes were allowed a small break after their couple of hours of work. There wasn't much else left to be done.

It was at this time that Yuri finally arrived. Looking tired after climbing up the stairs to the shrine area.

"I'm terribly sorry for being late."

Yuri apologized to Shinji, giving a slight bow before explaining herself. Up until now she had been absent.

"There was some complications that came up for the... itinerary Imada-san had planned. Unfortunately... I don't know how to break it to her."
"But, more importantly... I still can't find out what's going on with West-san. Shinji-kun, have you managed to get into contact with him recently? I've tried contacting his dorm mother, but she says he isn't even in his room at the moment..."

By the looks of it, Yuri had been spending this entire time being stressed out. By the looks of it, it seemed like the entire world was trying to get in the way of this party from happening.

Like always, Yuri was trying to take up all the burden on her own, and right now, it looked like she was at a breaking point.

At this point, Shinji...

@RainDash @_People Not Socializing
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.