Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairin

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

(Eternally Open!) Hisakawa Koukou Character Popularity Poll - Who do you think is the best Boy/Girl?

• Aoi Shimizu (Male)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jae-Won Gyo (Male)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Johann Harisson (Male)

• Leo Kane (Male)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Markus Yoritaka (Male)

• Shinji Kobe (Male)

• Toshi Hamasaki (Male)

• Haruka Fujiyama (Female)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hibiki Kogishi (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilda Narina (Female)

• Katsumi Yukimura (Female)

• Yuri Nozomi (Female)

• Robert West (Male)

• Nao Morita (DLC - Male)

• Mizuki Ishida (DLC - Female)

• Chiyo Imada (DLC - Female)

• Ren Fujibayashi (DLC - Female)

• Kyoko Asakura (DLC - Female)

• Hajime Sakurazaki (DLC - Male)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Hajime Sakurazaki, #5e3319, solid]
Hajime%20Ico_zps4wv1z1qn.jpg

[July 11th, Morning / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Entrance]

"Annoying midget, that one."

The nameless classmate complained to Hajime.

"God, why are all midgets so annoying? That male one too. I was bored and curious so I eavesdropped on the conversation since it's rare to see that midget loner surrounded by so many people. But it turns out they're all just do-gooders or something. God how annoying. Hey... What's with that expression? You got a problem?"

Hajime blinked several times.

"Ah, sorry."
"Don't 'sorry' me, the hell was up with your face?"
"Stomach problems..."
"So that's why you were in the restroom that long? Huh, I should use it too."

The classmate finally left, allowing Hajime to breathe a sigh of relief.

"What an aggravating guy..."

He had no idea his classmate was so unlikeable. It was bit of a happy accident that he hadn't interacted with him much thus far; he would need to keep that up for the future. Hajime found his words a bit vague, but could guess at the meaning.

("Wakahisa-san wanted to be left alone but Chiyo and the others wanted him to participate in the activity, probably... Though it's a bit odd to see Chiyo and Wakahisa-san together. She never said it outright to me, but she seemed to be a bit awkward when I talked about him. Well, whatever.")

Hajime smirked.

("Though if that's the case, it's a bit short-sighted. He's gonna be forced to participate in the activity by the officers, so instead of isolating himself and inevitably being surrounded by people, it's best to just pair up with someone you don't know. That way interaction is minimal, almost the same as being alone, and you don't get pestered by the officers.")

Hajime let out another sigh, hoping the event would soon be over. He wasn't sure if he could hold off on eating till the party. Luckily though, he still had the cookies Mika gave him to eat in a pinch.

[July 11th, Afternoon / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Courtyard]

"Hoo..."

Hajime took deep breaths. Though the work wasn't as difficult as he expected, the lack of calories was getting to him. As he was about to listen to music during this short break, he saw Yuri ascend the stairs and arrive. She said some words to Shinji, but while the content was concerning, what he was more concerned about was Yuri's condition. The fatigued expression on her face was something new to him.

"..."

Hajime put his phone back into his pocket, then hesitated. Shinji should be able to take care of Yuri. There was a voice in the back of his head telling him not to get involved. He shook his head.

("The hell am I hesitating for? Shin-Kobe. I'm not anxious or scared about Kobe-san anymore and all I'm doing is getting her a coffee, that's it. I can leave the talking to Shin-Kobe. Kobe-san.")

Hajime ran to a vending machine to get the coffee, then came back, iced canned coffee in hand. Then, he walked up to the two, giving a calm glance at Shinji before bringing his full attention towards Yuri. He presented the coffee to her.

"Here. I thought you could use it. Sorry if I interrupted anything. I'll be heading back to work now if you don't need anything else."

With that, Hajime turned and slowly started to walk away.[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Shinji Kobe, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

Eventually the day came to an end, and even though the day started out not exactly what one could call 'good', in the end it seemed like everyone got along enough. He even managed to work through Tsubasa's sleepiness and get the project done. It felt awful talking to her again and pretending she was a stranger. Even worse... Robert still hadn't responded to his messages and Shinji was dead tired after helping move some of the stuff. He wasn't physically adept, so all he could really do was move things back and forth that weren't too heavy, but then moving back and forth was tiring too.

At least it was break time so he could rest and double check his messages. After going through his phone, he confirmed for the second time today that Robert hadn't replied. He could leave a voicemail, but there was no way Shinji could do that without filling up Robert's inbox.

"I'm terribly sorry for being late."

Shinji looked up to see Yuri, completely exhausted and turning up late.

"It's fine, we're mostly done now though."

"There was some complications that came up for the... itinerary Imada-san had planned. Unfortunately... I don't know how to break it to her."
"But, more importantly... I still can't find out what's going on with West-san. Shinji-kun, have you managed to get into contact with him recently? I've tried contacting his dorm mother, but she says he isn't even in his room at the moment..."

"Unfortunately, no. It's not from lack of trying either. Something about Robert's absence lately juts has me on edge."

"Here. I thought you could use it. Sorry if I interrupted anything. I'll be heading back to work now if you don't need anything else."

Sakurazaki even showed up and talked with them, which was strange.

"No, take a break Sakurazaki-san. We've all worked hard today. No need to have us all overwork ourselves. Besides, we'll need to put up the party later too. So, what was the conflict, Yuri? Might as well put our heads together on it, since you look like you haven't gotten anywhere with it yet."

@Ehb @Illin @Everyonesincemightaswellfollowthepattern
[/fieldbox]

With that, Hajime turned and slowly started to walk away-was what he planned to do, but Shinji stopped him.

"...?"

Hajime was confused. He was giving the two of them an opportunity to be alone together, but Shinji seemed to reject that.

("Is Shinji taking my words literally? Possibly. I wouldn't know. But he didn't say for me to stay either... Just to take a break. But he did say 'put our heads together on it', though it's not clear if he's including me or not...")

Still, now that he thought about it, it seemed strange Yuri was so flustered over Robert being missing. Sure he has been gone for a bit longer than he usually did, but was that so strange? Hajime voiced his thoughts.

"I mean, isn't it possible Robert found out about the party and is just avoiding everyone till his birthday is over? I don't think Leo can keep a secret after all. Some of his friends might force him to come, so he just cut off contact for this period of time. You might ask Leo where-no, he'll probably just lie. Anyways, if he isn't coming, is the party canceled? It sure seems like he isn't coming."

Hajime said the obvious thing that came to his mind while hoping for an escape. Though he wasn't scared of Shinji anymore, he still felt awkward around him. Shinji didn't seem to care much, but that just made Hajime feel worse.

("I could just say I gotta use the restroom...")[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nozomi Yuri, plum, solid]
Yuri%20Ico1_zpsfui4oskj.jpg

Yuri wordlessly accepted Sakurazaki's offered coffee. She was surprised, but the abruptness of it left her unsure as how to respond.
But, at the very least, there was one thing she did have to say.

"Thank You."

Returning back to Shinji, he confirmed he hadn't heard from Robert at all either. A complete black out on him communicating with anyone else. This was all quite troubling.

"No, take a break Sakurazaki-san. We've all worked hard today." Said Shinji, just after Hajime announced he'd return to working. "No need to have us all overwork ourselves. Besides, we'll need to put up the party later too. So, what was the conflict, Yuri? Might as well put our heads together on it, since you look like you haven't gotten anywhere with it yet."

"You're right. I haven't been able to do anything about this..."

Yuri's expression turned sullen as she admitted it. All of this time she's spent had been entirely fruitless for all the effort she's put fourth.

"Well, to put it simply: we can't use the pool like was originally planned. The owners broke the news to me this morning that some sort of fault was found at their facilities, so they had to close it down until it was fixed. On top of not hearing from Robert at all today, I think this whole thing may be out of the question at this point..."

"I mean, isn't it possible Robert found out about the party and is just avoiding everyone till his birthday is over? I don't think Leo can keep a secret after all. Some of his friends might force him to come, so he just cut off contact for this period of time. You might ask Leo where-no, he'll probably just lie. Anyways, if he isn't coming, is the party canceled? It sure seems like he isn't coming."

"Considering all of the trouble Chiyo has put into organizing everything else, I would've been fine with still holding the party, even if Robert was absent. However, without any place else to hold it... I've gone to every possible establishment in town that could hold the party. However, all of the viable places are either booked for something related to today's festival, or closed due to the festival." Yuri looked up at Shinji. "It's surely a bit of a pinch for us."

There was only one option in Yuri's head at this point. 'Damage Control'. In her mind, it was impossible to hold the party now. The knowledge that Robert would never attend only further cemented this fact.

"I... guess I'll have to break it to Imada-san. What a shame. I stressed how important all of this was supposed be, and yet I..."

Where to hold the party? And how to get a hold of Robert?

There certainly must've been some place that they could at least hold the party. One that Yuri hadn't thought of yet.

@RainDash @Illin @_Anyone Really
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

[July 11th, Morning / Amaterasu Shrine, Outside Shrine Entrance, Field]

"Always going around and solving things to his own fancy. Siding with one side and condemning the other permanently. You always acted so recklessly that it caused Kokoro so much trouble! But... because we were all in the club, she did everything she could to save you from the backlash! Because of you...!"

He gritted his teeth, "Y-you..."

"You haven't learned a thing. You're still acting the same way you did back then. No, rather - in this time you've probably gotten even worse. In all this time you've just managed to accrue many grudges from many people. They already put in a motion to have you erased, but - they missed the target, and... someone else was 'erased' as a result."

Leo ran his hand through his hair absent-mindingly.

Something tickled inside his brain, a faint inkling of...something.

"Leo. If you keep on doing things like you have been. Acting so recklessly - you'll probably end up getting erased soon enough. So, when I say 'get expelled' I'm saying it for your own sake. I'm saying you should just get expelled because I know you aren't going to ever change. So, if you do value your own life, you should leave."

Umeko even managed to vaguely threaten him and Chiyo once again. He watched her carefully. The fact that she brought up the fact that there there was no actual need for the two to be partner and really she just brought him along to mess with him was rather....well, unnoticed to Leo. Not much was going through his head right now.

"So I guess you are right, Leo. I am still a bit upset about that whole 3d design assignment thing, aren't I?"

One might have thought that Leo would have been seething, perhaps just a little bit emotionally distressed. But now he was perfectly content. "All Humans are emotionally driven. Umeko, To think that you or anyone is not is a foolish thought process." A dead tone strikingly familiar with an automated computer program, or perhaps a voice you wouldn't want to hear in an dark alleyway.

"I guess I have to thank you for what you did for me back then. But~" Leo grinned delightfully. "You really hold grudges don't you, that's a little immature." He stretched. "Man, what is with people and getting into dramatic conversations with me. This school really has a problem" He was seemingly completely blanking Umeko's existence.

"Anyway, it was nice talking to you. You have such a lovely personality and a positive outlook on life! I think that's really why everyone really admires you" While before he had been slightly shaking, now he seemed to have a determined gleam in his eye. Back to the smiling egotistical trouble student. "Have you forgotten Umeko? After all this time?"

"I'll see you later, Bestie."

It was just him for now. For this moment.
Peaceful non-existence.
Him and a terrible idea.

A guide to finding the most hopeless person in the room:

Step one: Find Shinji.

"Hey friends~" He called out, somewhat needlessly as the trio were already gathered in a small group.

"You three are awfully sullen today. Anything going terribly wrong at the moment?"

When the party came around, he would need to talk to Chiyo.

@Ehb @RainDash @Illin @LettingEhbdownonemistakeatatime[/fieldbox]

Hajime frowned as Yuri trailed off on her words.

"I could tell her for you, Yu-Nozomi-san."

He quickly cut himself off and corrected himself. Hajime had a habit of referring to his childhood friends and enemies without any sort of honorifics, but he sometimes caught himself when around others.

"This isn't your fault. The pool problem is just bad luck. So if it's confirmed to be canceled, I can go around to tell the others, if you'd lik-"

"Hey friends~"

Hajime internally groaned. Without even looking, the owner of that voice was unmistakably Leo. He initially thought to ignore him and let either Shinji or Yuri answer him, but considering how he just said he could go around and tell the others, to fail immediately would be embarrassing on his end. Reluctantly, Hajime opened his mouth.

"We can't use the pool as the venue for the party due to some damage there, and West-san is still unable to be contacted. So the party is probably going to be called off."

("And the fact that you're pretending you don't know anything about it, is probably what's the most 'terribly wrong' part.")

Hajime felt a brief inclination to voice that last sentence, but the last thing he wanted to do was cause more stress for Yuri right now. In addition, though he felt it was 99% true, it was speculation. And if it were truly the case, he thought voicing it would just give Leo satisfaction and himself anger.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Fujibayashi Ren, #00ddff, solid]
Ren%20Ico%20Real_zps1ybhnwic.jpeg

After the incident with Wakahisa, Ren has been largely busy, monitoring the class and helped the others, ensuring that the shrine event goes as smoothly as possible. She was still holding onto Mika's sapling, still intending to return to her owner but unable to find a suitable time for it as everyone eventually took a detailed lecture from the shrine's abbot, before everyone started participating into the preparation of Amaterasu festival. Moments later, the classes were given a short break. Ren then continued her search for Mika, until she spotted Yuri's arrival.

Noticing that Yuri was around with Shinji, Hajime and Leo, Ren decided to make her way towards her despite Hajime's presence.

"Hello everyone..." She called out to the group as she walked towards them. Looking exhausted and sweat are all over her face, Ren noticed that everyone looked quite down, except for Leo. After exhaling a breath, she continued on.

"Good to see you Yuri. Got my hands full trying to keep everything in order."

Then she adopted a relaxed stance while cradling the tree sapling in hand.

"What happened? And... did anyone by chance saw Tsubasa-san? I need to return this tree sapling to her."

Ren asked, apparently oblivious on the ongoing topic in the group.

@Ehb @Rithas @RainDash @xLarius @Illin
[/fieldbox]

Shinji noted Hajime's comment about Kane keeping secrets, but disregarded it. After all, his snooping earlier revealed that Kane was keeping a fairly large one from the class, or at least Chiyo. Apparently Chiyo looked like someone Kane had known in middle school. Thus, it probably wasn't Kane that had tipped their hand. If that had happened.

"We don't know that for sure. I'd rather have a party than sit by and wring our hands about it. Chiyo's already done a lot of work for the sake of this party, it'd be stupid to let it all go to waste out of apathy." It wasn't like he had a solution either, though. "What about the class? Maybe someone has a pool?" It'd be a stretch but maybe they could luck out. "Or the school's pool? Would either work?"

Yuri's sentiments were similar, but without suggestions. Shinji was almost as stuck as she was in how to approach the problem.
"Hey friends~"

Damn it.

"You three are awfully sullen today. Anything going terribly wrong at the moment?"

He'd nearly forgotten that he'd been trying to help Kane. But that voice reminded him about how annoying Kane was and who Shinji was helping while he helped Chiyo's party go through and be successful. He let Hajime explain to Kane what was going on. Shinji could feel his irritation grow at the arrival of such an idiot. He wasn't going to cause a scene here, he was trying to be on his best behavior so that Umeko couldn't complain about class 2-A joining 2-B. Causing a scene would probably skew her view of him as well, Shinji would rather be straight faced and plain than known for being angry all the time.

Then Ren arrived.

"What happened? And... did anyone by chance saw Tsubasa-san? I need to return this tree sapling to her."

"I saw her earlier, but somehow we got separated. She's probably asleep somewhere. I wouldn't worry about it until we have to leave. We're trying to work out alternative places to hold Robert's party since the pool didn't work out."

Geez, how many more people could come and ask what was going on or just ignore the topic altogether? Shinji wanted to get something done, not explain the problem a million and a half times. Still, two minds are better than one, after all.
@Ehb @Illin @Miya @Rithas @Everyone
[/fieldbox]

"I could tell her for you, Yu-Nozomi-san."

Yuri turned to Hajime just as he corrected himself. She hadn't heard him refer to her- rather, almost refer to her by first name in a long time. Maybe it was due to the amount of time that had passed, or maybe it was due to her being tired - nonetheless, she couldn't help but wonder, just what was Hajime like back then? She dismissed the thought as he continued.

"This isn't your fault. The pool problem is just bad luck. So if it's confirmed to be canceled, I can go around to tell the others, if you'd lik-"
"Hey friends~"

Kane interjected. Like he usually did. Hajime acted on his words quickly, and let Kane be the first to know.

"We can't use the pool as the venue for the party due to some damage there, and West-san is still unable to be contacted. So the party is probably going to be called off."

It was the sad truth. Yuri had already exhausted most of her options. Hajime was probably being considerate in being the one to break the news out, but this was already hurting. Calling off thep arty now. It would've meant she'd just wasted the all of Imada's efforts putting things together on her part. There had to be some way to keep that from happening.

"Good to see you Yuri. Got my hands full trying to keep everything in order."
"Oh, Fujibayashi-san. Good Afternoon."

In Fujibayashi's hands was indeed a tree sapling. Seeming relatively content despite being set in a rather unnatural place for a plant. At first, it seemed like something the Shrine Abbot might have possibly been responsible for, but instead, it sounded like it due to one of the class' Tsubasas.

"I saw her earlier, but somehow we got separated. She's probably asleep somewhere. I wouldn't worry about it until we have to leave. We're trying to work out alternative places to hold Robert's party since the pool didn't work out."

Shinji said, trying to keep things in focus. But despite this, it seemed like he didn't have an idea either. Yuri look among all of them for for a moment. A moment that seemed to drag on for some time. However, in the end, no one seemed to have any alternative location to hold the party in mind.

Anything that could get people's attention off of Robert. Anything that might extend the length at which people would come to suspect it - his death. In this case, Yuri could be the one to take the blame for all of it.

She looked up to Shinji one more time. There was that worrying determination in her eyes. Facing away from the others in this conversation, he could probably tell, just like that last time. Yuri was planning to do something drastic.

"Now that I think about it, Hajime-kun, Kane-san, could you two possibly run an errand for me?"

Looking at Hajime and Kane, Yuri seemed a little hesitant to continue.

"I'm sorry. I sort need to request something a little selfish." Yuri said as she carefully took an envelope out of her bag. "Here. This is a letter of Gratitude for the Shrine Abbot, who allowed us to have our assignment at the shrine today. I would be disrespectful for me to show up to him as I am right now. So, could you two possibly deliver this to him for me, please?"

As for as the group could remember, the Shrine Abbot was towards the back of the shrine, making preparations for the ceremonial part of the festival. They could distinctly remember that the Abbot said they could go to him for anything if they needed to. Even though she had asked, she already held the envelope out forward to them. There was a distinct sense that this little errand was mandatory.

At this point, getting Kane and Hajime put aside just long enough was all Yuri really needed to go through with this.

@RainDash @Illin @Miya @Rithas

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Fujibayashi Ren, #00ddff, solid]
Ren%20Ico%20Real_zps1ybhnwic.jpeg

Shortly after Ren arrived to the group, Yuri greeted her, and Shinji gave a quick summary on their current topic.

After listening to Shinji's response, Ren finally realized what was going on. The reason why everyone was sullen and looking quite serious. The short girl felt guilty as a result, and began thinking for a solution. As everyone remained silent, Ren noticed that Yuri glanced at Shinji again. The very same glance that she portrayed yesterday. Then...

"Now that I think about it, Hajime-kun, Kane-san, could you two possibly run an errand for me?"

Yuri looked at the duo that she has called out. A split moment of hesitation can be seen from her before giving out the order, asking them to deliver the letter of gratitude to Amaterasu Shrine's abbot and added with some persuasion gestures at the end. As for Ren...

"How about we hold the party in our classroom?"

It might not be much, but she hoped that will at least get the ball rolling.

@Ehb @RainDash @Rithas @Illin
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, Solid]

"Oh?" Leo said with only a bare amount of interest hinted.

"Is she one with the trees now?"

"Now that I think about it, Hajime-kun, Kane-san, could you two possibly run an errand for me? This is a letter of Gratitude for the Shrine Abbot, who allowed us to have our assignment at the shrine today. I would be disrespectful for me to show up to him as I am right now. So, could you two possibly deliver this to him for me, please?" Leo chuckled, "Subtle, Yuri"

He turned to Ren, "The last thing I saw of Mika was that Umeko-Person was messing with her. She was spilling juice on her and stuff. Nasty stuff really, Mika seemed really upset by it. I dunno where she went after, seemed to storm off. Dunno if that helps at all" He shrugged, before snatching the letter from Yuri. "So this letter..."

"Good thing it's two people bringing this letter. If it was just one it could of gotten snatched away by those devious Letter thieves! They pray upon the weak" He waved the letter in the air. "Clever~" He said, clearly bemused. He looked at Yuri, seemingly confirming something to himself. "But let no one say that Leo Kane does not follow humble requests!" He turned to Hajime. "Come on then,"

@Ehb @Illin @Miya @RainDash @Killmepls[/fieldbox]

Things kept getting worse. First Leo, now Ren. She said something incomprehensible about a sapling, but Hajime didn't pry any further. Shinji seemed to want to relocate the party, but didn't have any ideas where. Hajime would have been fine with that too, but like Shinji, no ideas popped up. Yuri suggested that he and Leo go deliver a letter, then Ren suggested the classroom as a possible locale.

("That's a bit drab for a party, isn't it? Still, if we do get permission for that I don't mind where...")

Hajime's first instinct was to refuse the delivery, but after looking at Yuri's face and noticing she hadn't even taken a sip of the coffee, he had no choice to grudgingly comply. Without responding to Leo, Hajime took his first few slow steps towards the Shrine Abbot.[/fieldbox]

"So this letter..." Said Kane as he took the letter from Yuri. "Good thing it's two people bringing this letter. If it was just one it could of gotten snatched away by those devious Letter thieves! They pray upon the weak"

"Clever~"
"But let no one say that Leo Kane does not follow humble requests!"

No doubt, Kane was aware Yuri was trying to move him and Hajime out. It didn't seem like he cared too much about the reasoning behind why, which was probably for the best.

Watching the two walk off to the back of the shrine, Yuri felt somewhat guilty for springing something like this on them so suddenly. But, considering what was to happen...

"The classroom...?" Yuri slowly turned to Ren after registering that comment.

Ther had to be a place to hold the party. One place that she didn't think of. The one place Yuri had been disreguarding this entire time, was exactly the replacement that they needed right now.

"Yeah. Yeah! That would work!" She exclaimed, uncharacteristically with boisterous excitement. "Ren, that's the perfect idea! Since Shinji-kun is in student government, he does have a direct line to getting permission to use one of the classrooms for the party." Yuri turned to the bespectacled boy, with an expression of expectation, but with a positive sort of outlook. Shiinji was, unfortunately for him, the key in this solution following through. Contacting the staff who could okay something like this on such short notice.

If they wanted to, they could probably consider going straight to using a classroom and asking forgiveness later. But, that sort of line of thought seemed more in line with delinquent attitude. Something that Umeko, currently chatting away with the others on break, would likely suggest.

@RainDash @_Anyone

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= , white, solid]

[July 11th, Afternoon / Amaterasu Shrine, Sanctuary]

Seeing the two boys in uniform approaching, the shrine abbot greeted them.

"Oh, did your friends finish up setting the skeletons for the stalls?"

Behind the abbot, the adults were embellishing the normally bare looking shrine with the decorations meant for the festival, now only hours away from happening.

@Rithas @Illin
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Chiyo Imada, #fbceb1, solid]
Chiyo%20Ico%20Real_zpscbxdv0hl.jpg
[July 11th, Morning / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Entrance]

"That's probably it. Hah, and here I'd been worried about nothing. His phone probably ran out of battery while he was out. Still, wouldn't that mean he might miss the party, Chiyo?"

The peach nodded in agreement, concern leaking through her expression as she contemplated the situation. On one hand, it seemed nobody knew what happened to Robert, and as such it was very likely he wouldn't attend the party. On the other, if he didn't attend the party, not only would her attempt at completing Yuri's "test" be nothing but a huge hassle, it would probably ruin some chances of her helping Leo in the long run. Really, either hand wasn't looking very good, and it definitely did not help her in anyway whatsoever that the more she thought about it, the more anxious she was becoming.

But of course, this much deep thinking couldn't be good for her, this fact revealing itself as she was shoved back into the presence by the sound of a certain short-stack's voice, a mild headache beginning to form.

"... I guess I could... p-participate for now. But I'm going to stay at the tree trunk. I'll also try visiting Robert once this silly activity is accounted for."

Giving a half-hearted thanks, a hand before Chiyo separated from the group, leaving Wakahisa and Kyouko to do...whatever they were going to do.

Not surprisingly, Chiyo had only her own mind to keep her company during the activity, staying in the back of the group and jotting down the bare minimum of facts without any thought put into it.

After all, there were more important things than just grades on her mind currently... such as eating the packed lunch she made this morni-

Oh.

Chiyo mentally scolded herself as she realized her lunch had been left behind, most likely victim of her aunt's stomach by now. Sighing, she considered finding a nice shaded area to lie down, scrunching her eyes shut. Her headache (no doubt caused by her deep thinking, as there could be no other possible reason) hadn't disappeared like she hoped, instead getting progressively worse as the day continued.

"But let no one say that Leo Kane does not follow humble requests!"

She heard the cry of her friend, opening her eyes and turning towards the source, only to witness him walking off with Hajime. Confused, she then noticed the small trio of Yuri, Ren, and Shinji close by.

She shook her head slightly, ignoring the red flags popping up in her head as she approached them.

"Ren, that's the perfect idea! Since Shinji-kun is in student government, he does have a direct line to getting permission to use one of the classrooms for the party."

It was at this moment that Chiyo entered this very exciting conversation, her face not wearing its usual smile as she tilted her head in confusion. "Ah, is the pool no longer available?" A side note was quickly added as soon as it popped up in her brain, providing no relevance whatsoever to the conversation as her semi-flat tone quickly changed to a more joking manner. "Also, should we be worried that Leo-kun and Hajime-kun are walking off away from the group?" Noticing how this could be confusing to the others, she justified her concerns with a large grin. "We wouldn't want a murder on our hands, after all!"
[/fieldbox]

@Ehb @RainDash @Miya

@EverybodyReallyI'mSorryForNotCreatingAnotherGroup

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, royalblue, solid]

Predictably Hajime wasn't exactly enthusiastic about this, or even up for any amount of conversation. Not that Leo would even bother with him, talking to Hajime was like talking to a socially awkward brick wall who was prone to suddenly crumbling due to inner stress about it's own self-existence.

"Oh, did your friends finish up setting the skeletons for the stalls?"

"Skeletons?" Leo seemed rather confused, before rubbing his eyes and sighing/smiling. "Oh, yeah. They have." He humoured himself with the thought of his fellow classmates putting up actual skeletons in the stalls. They probably wouldn't be great servants if one thought about it.

"Oh..." He held the letter infront of him. "This..." He remembered Yuri's words. "Is a letter of gratitude, from the class. We would like to give thanks for so generously allowing us to use the shrine for the assignment." His eyes flickered over to Hajime. He wondered if he was going to say anything. "So, yeah." He let the abbot take it.

He heard as Him and Hajime were leaving about the possibility of using the classroom as a place for the party. Certainly a valid place to hold it. Funny that Robert wasn't going to be there, but perhaps that was for the best. A party celebrating someone without them actually being there. Comical.

Well, now he would just go back. Unless the abbot had something to say., or Hajime started to have his daily mental breakdown.

@Illin @Ehb[/fieldbox]

Shinji was all too glad for Yuri to send of Hajime and Kane, mostly because Hajime would just mope or not add anything to the conversation and Kane would just have snide remarks and probably also not add anything else to the conversation or try and sabotage it. Shinji felt like Kane didn't really care if the party happened or not, even if that meant he'd end up facing expulsion if it failed. Shinji quietly texted Robert again.

Are you okay?

Then Kane left with the letter, encouraging Hajime to go with him. Shinji blankly watched them go, not really interested in what was going on. Of course it took a moment for Shinji realize what he'd have to do.

"Ren, that's the perfect idea! Since Shinji-kun is in student government, he does have a direct line to getting permission to use one of the classrooms for the party."

"What?" Shinji asked. "I don't think I could get it today. It's a little short notice, and it's still a party. If it ends up messed up it'll be on my head."

Could they even get the request accepted? After all, Shinji didn't know how many people would be there, and even if he estimated about twenty people, it'd still be pretty packed. Classrooms weren't exactly meant for parties, and even then weren't they struggling with fitting 2-A and 2-B in the same classroom? No doubt Umeko would join in the second she learned it was a party... and everyone from 2-A would be going.

"Plus, the classrooms are a bit too small for a party like this anyway. It's meant to hold twenty people, and I suppose it'd be okay if it was only 2-A, but I don't think that Umeko is the type to pass on a party. Especially this one, since it's going to have a lot of drama. After all, Kane and Robert don't exactly have the best track record."

"I don't want to put us back at square one, but unless something changes or we manage to get something bigger than a classroom, I doubt they'll let us hold a party in the school."

@Ehb @Miya @Raven Haruka @Everyone
[/fieldbox]

Hajime had nothing he wanted to say, since Leo had done most of the talking for him. He didn't notice Leo's glance either. If the abbot had nothing else to say, he would not go back to the group immediately. Hajime figured he would kill some time in the restroom, since it seemed pretty obvious to him that Yuri didn't want him or Leo to be part of the conversation.

("But maybe I'm just overthinking things...")

@Ehb @Rithas[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= , white, solid]

"Oh..."
"This..."

"Is a letter of gratitude, from the class. We would like to give thanks for so generously allowing us to use the shrine for the assignment."
"So, yeah."

"That's very considerate of all of you. But, we should be the ones thanking all of you! You're doing us a big help today!"

The shrine abbot laughed as he opened the letter on the spot to read it.

"Let's see..."

He looked through it, smiling jovially at how considerate the students were being.

But, all of a sudden, the jovial smile eroded away.

"Oh... so, you guys want to do that here, huh?"

The shrine abbot looked up from the letter, now wearing a more solemn expression. As it turned out, the latter of gratitude, wasn't just solely for the sake of passing gratitude at all.

Yuri had actually sent Hajime and Kane to do something very...

"Wait!"

The rising tension was cut off as a student from 2-A came in after.

"Please disreguard that last part, sir! We actually...."

As it had turned out the last part of that letter was no longer necessary, due to the decision that had been reached just moments before...

[/fieldbox]

"What?I don't think I could get it today. It's a little short notice, and it's still a party. If it ends up messed up it'll be on my head."

Shinji immediately threw back the idea.

"Plus, the classrooms are a bit too small for a party like this anyway. It's meant to hold twenty people, and I suppose it'd be okay if it was only 2-A, but I don't think that Umeko is the type to pass on a party. Especially this one, since it's going to have a lot of drama. After all, Kane and Robert don't exactly have the best track record."
"I don't want to put us back at square one, but unless something changes or we manage to get something bigger than a classroom, I doubt they'll let us hold a party in the school."

"..."

Umeko took a step towards Shinji.

"You're right. Doing things so suddenly certainly wouldn't normally go through with the council. I'm sure you'd probably get in trouble for letting this go through, but..."

Yuri raised her arm, and lightly chopped Shinji on the forehead. She smiled.

"But, more than anything else. I don't want Imada-san's work to go to waste." Yuri said as she pulled her hand back. "In the end, I'll go ahead and take the blame for whatever the school has to say about it. It's true that a school classroom would be the last place one would think about holding a party with so much people, but, the classrooms do have the same sort of equipment as the underground gym. Move the desks out of the way, and apply the virtual reality mechanisms, and it becomes a dance floor."

All other places in town were closed. Turning another student's house into a venue on such short notice was impossible. The classroom was really the only feasible option for what they needed.

"If you're certain that the faculty will say no, then... you can say I was the one who thought up all of this afterwards, okay?"

Yuri taking all of the blame. Any solution was fine if she was the only one who took the fall for it. The things that Shinji said was true, this was likley going to lead to somone getting into trouble. IN Yuri's mind, if all the blame was pinned on her, then it was fine.

That was simply the way she saw things.

Something so intentionally self-destructive.

Worryingly, Shinji Kobe saw that thought spontaneously cross his mind.

"Ah, is the pool no longer available?"

Yuri turned to Chiyo.

"Ah, unfortunately yes, it isn't. But, don't worry! We just figured out an alternative!" She said in a reassuring tone.

"Also, should we be worried that Leo-kun and Hajime-kun are walking off away from the group?"
"We wouldn't want a murder on our hands, after all!"

The smile on Yuri's face dropped immediately.​

"Ah..."[/fieldbox]​

It was as if Chiyo had struck her into a daze just by words alone.

"You don't mean...."

Yuri was looking at Chiyo, with a gaze that was uncomfortably... focused. As if Chiyo had just done something dreadfully horrific in front of her.

To this, the peach couldn't understand, nor could she respond, merely being lost in what was happening now.

The silence was an indication to Yuri that they didn't know, despite what had just been said.

"I-I doubt they'd bee foolish enough to do anything immature right here at the shrine. Anyway,l Imada-san, we'll have to move the party back to the school in 2-B's classroom. I'll just have to go and confirm it with Hayata-san...."

Yuri left the conversation hurriedly. Leaving nothing uncertainty and a little confusion in her wake.

[July 11th, Evening / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Class 2-B]

Later that day, the party was held.

Taking his Shinji's suggestion, going to the party was made optional for the people in 2-B. Attendance to the party had more or less been optional for both parties, but the people of 2-B were only informed of it even happening right after the Social Morals Assignment at the shrine had ended. Despite this, most students opted to attend anyway, with the promise of free food.

Thanks to Yuri's own connections and clearances, she was able to let everyone into the building. The legality of all of this was still dependent on whether Shinji ever contacted the facility, or just opted to keep quiet about things and ask for forgiveness later. Irregardless, Yuri proceeded things forward of her own accord. Determined to see the party for Robert happen.

Now everyone was standing in a dance hall. It was the same 2-b classroom. But, thanks to the VR, it now appeared much larger. They could freely walk around and still have the sensation that the area was much larger than it truly was. Though, this also created a curious oddity as well. It could be seen in the food and refreshments that were laid out.

Originally, the food plates and trays were laid side by side on a row of desks. With VR applied, the distance was exaggerated to be longer. Thus, the food that was originally side by side, now had seemingly needless table space between them. But that was easily forgivable. Since the alternative was to gave a picnic outside in the grass in somewhere in the dark.

Things were back on track, to an extent, but there was one major thing missing in this whole birthday party.

Robert still was nowhere to be found.

"So, no one really has seen him at all in the past couple of days then, huh?" Yuri said, after asking Shinji about him and getting the same answer. She turned away, looking at the unopened birthday cake on the table. "Well, I guess it can't be helped. We should consider ourselves fortunate in being able to have this party at all."

Yuri was speaking in this defeatist tone for all of today since she came in late to the Social Morals assignment. It seemed like she was more focused with holding the party as opposed to the entire purpose behind it - to celebrate Robert's birthday. Yuri had been asking about were Robert was, but this whole setup didn't seem like her. The words she was saying, and her actions seemed to be outright disregarding him.

"It's a good thing Hayata-san was receptive to this whole idea...." Yuri said, apparently speaking her thoughts aloud as she looked of into space.

"Well then! Shell we go ahead and sing the happy birthday song!?" Umeko boisterously attracted all attention to herself.

"H-hayata-san!"

"Robert West-kun! Please step up and forward, please!" Umeko put her hand to her brow to scout the area. "Robert, Robert.... where?"

There wasn't a trace of Robert West in that room, nor anywhere in the school for that matter. At some point, Yuri was going to have to explain that as well when she found out about it.

"Everyone, it's about time to head home. So, lets go ahead and wrap all of this up soon. Let's be sure to tidy up the classroom after ourselves as well."

Yuri had been acting like this the entire time. But, Shinji and the others had been holding back. They could see it on Yuri's face - the answer to : 'What happened to Robert West' was something so horrible that Yuri was already at a breaking point just keeping it to herself. They didn't notice it before, but - from the time that Chiyo approached them earlier that day, and the reaction Yuri had was a dead giveaway. Still, it was attractive to think that Yuri was just a little stressed out from things like usual, and that she was just as unknowing about what was going on with Robert as everyone else was.

But....

Thinking through it logically, the same conclusion was continually reached. Yuri did know something.

Yuri was protecting something, she was protecting something that was very precious. Right now, that fact had her close to a breaking point.

If any of them asked that question, then the precious thing that everyone had been taking for granted would surely be lost.

There were many thing about this school, about this world, that everyone wasn't quire aware of. There were those who saw parts of it, like Kane, and there were those who knew of it, like Yuri - and there were those who actively participated in it, like Umeko.

If the question of what happened to Robert West was kept in the dark like Yuri was wanting it, then the precious thing could be maintained. However, that would mean Robert would be forgotten, wiped away like all the others, and given a convenient after-story to excuse their sudden disappearance like all the others. It was natural to simply accept that they had just left suddenly for those various reasons. But, it was also scary to be in the dark.

But was it scarier to try to shed light upon it?

This was a moment where the question of all the people who had been disappearing could be brought forward. There was no denying that Robert seemed to have just vanished.

But, should that question be even asked in the first place?

Should you choose to pursue that question, be prepared... To face the demons of consequence that will be sure to follow..

@_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

"Hey! What was that for?" Shinji asked after Yuri chopped him on the head. For a moment, he seemed a little different. A little less formal and stiff.

Shinji listened to Yuri say that she'd take the blame if they had to take the class without permission. That was... impermissible. Shinji would probably tell them that he had suggested it. Either way, what Chiyo said and Yuri's reaction to it made Shinji's heart seize up. No... he was overreacting. There was no relation was there?

Shinji stood quickly and dialed the school, thinking up a number of people whom he could call and ask for permission for the room. He wouldn't give up until he'd called them all or gotten permission.

The party had gone off without a hitch. 2-B seemed to be having fun and Umeko didn't seem up to her usual antics. It was... nice. Except.

Always except. No matter what something always seemed to be going wrong. Yuri was intent on the party happening, but whenever Robert seemed to come up she just brushed it off earlier. Except that he was the reason for the party.

"Well then! Shell we go ahead and sing the happy birthday song!?"

"H-hayata-san!"

"Robert West-kun! Please step up and forward, please! Robert, Robert.... where?"

"Everyone, it's about time to head home. So, lets go ahead and wrap all of this up soon. Let's be sure to tidy up the classroom after ourselves as well."

"Yuri. Please answer her. Where is Robert?" his voice sounded so fragile, but at the same time it carried his voice around the room. This was probably the most emotional most people had heard him.

God, he didn't want to ask it. He didn't even want to know the answer. But he had to, or the swirling vortex of emotions in his gut would tear him apart. They deserved to know the truth. Even if the truth would destroy them it would be better than turning a blind eye to Yuri's pain. She even revealed to what length she would go to for the sake of everyone.

He just didn't want her to be suffering alone any more. No matter what it did to him.

After all, Shinji had already lost a lover and then his crush. Heh. Maybe that's why they called it a crush, because ultimately it crushed you beneath its weight. Toshi and Robert were gone, but people deserved better than Shinji had gotten with Toshi.

They deserved to know why Robert had left.

@Ehb @Everyonereadyfortheangsttrain?
[/fieldbox]

"Yuri. Please answer her. Where is Robert?"

"...Why are you asking me that? I'm just as uncertain about where Robert is as anyone else. But, at this point, there isn't much use trying to fuss over it."
"At this point, trying to find him now isn't going to do us much good. Let's leave it to the adults and police to find him, Kobe-kun."

As she was saying this, Yuri acted on her words from earlier, and started to gather up some trash to toss out. Looking busy, it made it harder to try to push the issue. But, no one else but Shinji seemed to care, at this point.

"Heh..."

Umeko gave a snide, knowing glance at Shinji's direction. But, knowing Umeko, there wasn't going to be much forcing out information from someone like her. Like Yuri, she also did her part to start cleaning, tossing her drink cup into the trash.

Yuri was right though. There wasn't much a bunch of teenagers could do. This really was probably something that should be left to the adults to sort out. In the end, Robert probably brought it all on himself for always being tardy. It wasn't unreasonable to think that this was just another episode of this same, normal occurrence for that person.

This entire time, everyone had been following the flow of things. Like Yuri and the Social Morals committee wished, people stayed in line, going through their relatively pleasant high school lives, not knowing of the things that happened beyond this controlled environment. Shinji's concern for Robert West could've been enough to drive a nail through this controlled environment, but since no one else seemed to care about what happened to Robert, it ended up being not much more than an obligatory plea.

Shinji was the only one who was worried about Robert at all, out of the entirety of class 2-A.

And when Yuri thought of like that, it only confirmed for her that indeed, people are naturally rotten.

"Well, Imada-san. Well done, holding this party today."

The 'dance hall was now rather empty. Outside, the evening sky was flashing with the intermittent pops of the fireworks for the festival. Highlighting further how odd the circumstances of this party was.

"I apologize for the sudden change in location, I probably should've worked harder to maintain contact with the owners of the pool."

"A party held in a school classroom is supposed be lame by default. But, the food was good so I'll give it a pass." Said Umeko, standing just beside Yuri. "But..."

Umeko's laid-back expression stiffened somewhat, as she looked at her sister.

"Nozomi-san, you aren't really going to let her go through with all of this, are you?"

Kane's Expulsion. The other reason for holding the party was to see how the two would work together in trying to do something for others. IN this case, it was preparing the party for the sake of someone Chiyo did not get along with. The primary measure of success was in whether Chiyo would be able to get Robert West to smile today though what she had done. But... Robert West never came. Therefore...

"Based on what I said before, It's impossible for me to evaluate you based on what I had said I would. One could say, that Robert West not attending was something that you and Kane should've been able to prevent. It's entirely possible Robert got wind of the surprise party, and decided to go to great length to hide himself away because it was set up by you. That isn't a free ticket for my evaluation, though, Imada-san. You did fail."

Yuri's words where uncharacteristically harsh.

"Imada-san, the people who dislike Kane-san will be like that too. For them, getting Kane expelled from the school is exactly what they want to happen. Them knowing about what you're trying to do, they'll likley outright ignore and disreguard you, just like what happened with Robert. So, one more time, I want to ask you: Do you really want to go through with trying to Save Kane-san?"

"...Don't be dumb now, Chiyo."

Umeko's eyes turned to Ren, making her feel obligated to speak up as well. Chiyo was still her sister, after all.

[/fieldbox]

@Raven Haruka @Rithas @Miya @_Everyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.