Hisakawa Koukou - My High School Life is Despairin

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

(Eternally Open!) Hisakawa Koukou Character Popularity Poll - Who do you think is the best Boy/Girl?

• Aoi Shimizu (Male)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Jae-Won Gyo (Male)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Johann Harisson (Male)

• Leo Kane (Male)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Markus Yoritaka (Male)

• Shinji Kobe (Male)

• Toshi Hamasaki (Male)

• Haruka Fujiyama (Female)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Hibiki Kogishi (Female)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hilda Narina (Female)

• Katsumi Yukimura (Female)

• Yuri Nozomi (Female)

• Robert West (Male)

• Nao Morita (DLC - Male)

• Mizuki Ishida (DLC - Female)

• Chiyo Imada (DLC - Female)

• Ren Fujibayashi (DLC - Female)

• Kyoko Asakura (DLC - Female)

• Hajime Sakurazaki (DLC - Male)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox= Hajime Sakurazaki, #5e3319, solid]
Hajime%20Ico_zps4wv1z1qn.jpg

[July 11th, Afternoon / Amaterasu Shrine, Sanctuary]

Hajime had no idea what the abbot was talking about nor what the student from 2-A was whispering to the abbot. He made no real effort to find out, and gave a short bow towards the abbot as he excused himself.

[July 11th, Evening / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Class 2-B]

The VR was annoying at first, but Hajime soon got accustomed to it and ate as much as he could. As he expected, Robert never showed up. Still, Umeko tried to rally the class into a birthday song for the missing Robert, but was stopped by Yuri.

"..."

Hajime stopped moving his spoon full of soup and left it on his plate. He could tell Yuri was behaving abnormally. If that wasn't enough, Shinji spoke as well. He couldn't remember a time when Shinji's voice held that much emotion. It unsettled him. Was there something going on that he was in the dark about? Yuri's reply to Shinji didn't help to alleviate his concerns; it exacerbated them.

("Police...? What...?")

Yuri then started to gather trash, but there was something artificial about it to him; it seemed like a pretext. Still, he didn't press any further. His soup was getting cold and Yuri seemed to want the party to end here.

Casting one glance at the unopened birthday cake, he turned back towards his soup to finish it.

The fireworks of the festival went off sporadically in the sky. Though it was normally a pleasing experience, it only added to this sense of dread and unease Hajime had been feeling. He wasn't the first or the last one to leave the party, since both options (to him) would bring unwanted attention to himself. There were four familiar faces having a conversation in the distance, but he decided not to eavesdrop or participate.

"..."

As if he was trying to drown out the disquiet in his heart, he put on his earphones and listened to music as he headed home.[/hr][/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

[July 11th, Afternoon / Amaterasu Shrine, Sanctuary]

The reaction from the abbot and the conversation between him and the student was nothing but curious.

What wasn't.

"Robert's not even showing up for his own party"

"Eh, who wants to go to a party with a ton of classmates they don't like. When was Robert that social anyway. Unless you want to get drunk and cheat with him, I doubt he would be that fun anyway"

"Still, doesn't it look bad?" The student voiced her opinion, conspicuously devouring some soup in the process.

"As do all things that have to do with Robert" Leo commented, dismissive of the whole thing.

"Robert West-kun! Please step up and forward, please! - Robert, Robert.... where?"

"Everyone, it's about time to head home. So, lets go ahead and wrap all of this up soon. Let's be sure to tidy up the classroom after ourselves as well." Yuri Nozomi, Hero against littering.

"Yuri. Please answer her. Where is Robert?" A honest plea by Shinji, Robert's absence must be really getting to him. It didn't help to ease his worries with the way Yuri acting.

"...Why are you asking me that? I'm just as uncertain about where Robert is as anyone else. But, at this point, there isn't much use trying to fuss over it. At this point, trying to find him now isn't going to do us much good. Let's leave it to the adults and police to find him, Kobe-kun." It was at this point that she started to go around collecting trash.

Oh that hurts Shinji, doesn't it? Do you feel that?

"Well, Imada-san. Well done, holding this party today." Give the customary golf clap.

"Nozomi-san, you aren't really going to let her go through with all of this, are you?"

"Based on what I said before, It's impossible for me to evaluate you based on what I had said I would. One could say, that Robert West not attending was something that you and Kane should've been able to prevent. It's entirely possible Robert got wind of the surprise party, and decided to go to great length to hide himself away because it was set up by you. That isn't a free ticket for my evaluation, though, Imada-san. You did fail."

If any bothered to glance at Leo, they would see him boredly spinning a cup around in a bowl.

"Imada-san, the people who dislike Kane-san will be like that too. For them, getting Kane expelled from the school is exactly what they want to happen. Them knowing about what you're trying to do, they'll likely outright ignore and disregard you, just like what happened with Robert. So, one more time, I want to ask you: Do you really want to go through with trying to Save Kane-san?"

Such was the question that had been asked the forty times.

"...Don't be dumb now, Chiyo."

A moment of silence, such was the way of the class. Perhaps everyone was holding they're breath. Watching, like an audience. No one wants to interrupt. No. This was much too interesting. Easy just to stay quiet, not their problem.

"Police, Yuri?" Leo called out before anything else was said.

He was at the opposite end of the pack of students to Yuri. Causing a somewhat humorous turn of heads. "Why would the Police need to find him Yuri?"

A face of painful concern, his voice shaking with worry. "Is something wrong with Robert, Yuri? Is there something you need to tell us. Yuri?" He stared at her, "If there is something, we deserve to know. W-We're Robert's Friends. Classmates at minimum."

"There's a reason Robert isn't here, isn't there. Yuri."

@Ehb @RainDash @Raven Haruka @Miya @OtherDramafeeders[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Chiyo Imada, #fbceb1, solid]
Chiyo%20Ico%20Real_zpscbxdv0hl.jpg
[July 11th , Afternoon / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Courtyard]

"Ah."
"You don't mean...."

What? Chiyo could only give a confused look in response to Yuri's reaction- it was just a joke after all, right?

Right, perhaps Leo's attitude was rubbing off on her after all. She'll have to keep an eye on that.

"I-I doubt they'd bee foolish enough to do anything immature right here at the shrine. Anyway, Imada-san, we'll have to move the party back to the school in 2-B's classroom. I'll just have to go and confirm it with Hayata-san...."

Opening her mouth, it was almost as if the peach wanted to say something, but quickly changed her mind as Yuri rushed off. For a few seconds, she simply stared at the empty space in front of her, before shaking herself out of the mood. Wait, so that means-

Before she could finish the thought, Chiyo hurriedly excused herself from the group, gears turning in her brain even more than before while she retrieved the tower of plastic containers, wondering about how exactly this would work.

And then the main event started, the crowded classroom of 2-B changing into a large dance hall- thanks to the VR system, no doubt. Although last-minute and unexpected, Chiyo was thankful that there was a lit space for the party, at least. Wondering about the party, she absent-mindedly rubbed her eyes, hoping to release whatever pressure was causing this magnificent headache. Noticing this, she quickly removed her hands, instead looking for a certain somebody- some small hope still gripping her heart that he might've made it.

Though, the task was made a bit difficult with all of the other students catching her into conversation all of the time.

"Ah, Imada-san, good job on the snacks."

Chiyo tried her best not to sigh as yet another classmate trapped her. "Thank you, I hope you're enjoying the party?" Giving a small smile, she watched as the student shrugged. "Meh, it's alright. Just wish the guy it was intended for would show up already."

"Oh, speaking of which-"

"Well then! Shell we go ahead and sing the happy birthday song!?"

The glasses girl was rudely interrupted by the voice of her older sister, with the protest of Yuri close behind. Much to her dismay, it seemed that Robert hadn't shown up after all, instead leaving Yuri to end the party herself.

"Everyone, it's about time to head home. So, lets go ahead and wrap all of this up soon. Let's be sure to tidy up the classroom after ourselves as well."

Using that as an excuse, Chiyo quickly separated from the person she was originally talking with, making her way up to where Yuri and her small group was.

"Well, Imada-san. Well done, holding this party today."
"I apologize for the sudden change in location, I probably should've worked harder to maintain contact with the owners of the pool."

"Thank you, and it's no problem, Yuri-san. I'm just glad that we managed to host it somewhere." Chiyo gave a small bow of appreciation, although now that the formalities were cast aside, she realized that there was a small feeling nagging at her.

"Nozomi-san, you aren't really going to let her go through with all of this, are you?"

Chiyo straightened, ignoring the compliment entirely and instead focusing on Yuri. It would do no good to focus on Umeko, as she was obviously opposed to the situation in general. Finally, the real meaning of this party stepped into the spotlight, whether or not Chiyo would have the chance to help depended entirely on this.

"Based on what I said before, It's impossible for me to evaluate you based on what I had said I would. One could say, that Robert West not attending was something that you and Kane should've been able to prevent. It's entirely possible Robert got wind of the surprise party, and decided to go to great length to hide himself away because it was set up by you. That isn't a free ticket for my evaluation, though, Imada-san. You did fail."

Chiyo only watched as Yuri spoke, cringing a bit at the harsh tone she took upon those last few words. Of course, she should've expected this- after all he never did show.

But to say that his absence could've been their fault...

It made her blood go cold with anger, causing the peach to clench her fists at her sides.

"Imada-san, the people who dislike Kane-san will be like that too. For them, getting Kane expelled from the school is exactly what they want to happen. Them knowing about what you're trying to do, they'll likely outright ignore and disreguard you, just like what happened with Robert. So, one more time, I want to ask you: Do you really want to go through with trying to Save Kane-san?"

...did the question even needed to be asked? Of course Chiyo was still willing to help Leo- she still believed that it was immoral to not give him a chance at redemption himself.

She went to reply, opening her mouth-

-only to be interrupted by her elder sister once again.

Her fists clenched even tighter at the tone of which Umeko spoke to her- as if she were a child half her age.

Before any more could be said though, a voice echoed through the classroom-turned-hall.

"Police, Yuri?"

Chiyo turned around as he continued, her built-in worry system activating when she heard the...the distress in Leo's voice. In all her time, she had never heard her best friend speak in such a manner- heck, she hadn't even seen him worried about anything, that's just his character.

By this time, Chiyo had calmed down a bit, and with Leo's words motivating her, contemplated deeply about what was going on, scrambling her mind for any such clues.

For once, she would take the advice given by Umeko, ignoring the fact that now there was a hallway of students practically eavesdropping on their conversation.

After a few long seconds of thinking, a terrible theory began to form in her mind.

"You know, Yuri...I don't think anybody would blame you for keeping a secret like that from us." Chiyo sighed, hoping to whatever created this universe that what she was thinking...it couldn't be true.

"But lying to us? Trying to pin the blame on something as trivial as a party, or his habit of skipping out?" Giving a small shake of her head, she continued.

"I'm disappointed- no, I'm outright upset that you feel like we can't be trusted, or that you need to keep us in the dark, or whatever fantasy-novel plotline you keep on telling yourself."

"But I won't ask you what happened. It wouldn't really benefit anyhow, since you wouldn't even tell West-kun's best friend in the first place. Though, if he did decide to 'go to great lengths to hide himself', couldn't he have just called in sick? He could've just told Shinji-kun that he wanted to be alone for a few days, and most of our class would've just left it at that, myself included."

"Now, I don't know West-kun that well...but he seems like the type of person who would make up excuses, rather than fall off the edge of the world."

The peach's voice began to shake, though whether it was because of anger, stress, or a combination of the two was unknown. Shoving the air from her lungs, she turned around and started to walk towards the other side of the room, before pausing after a few strides.

"Oh, and Yuri?" Chiyo turned, giving her an expression that was rarely seen , some unrecognizable emotion barely contained behind narrowed chocolate orbs.

"Don't try to cover this up by blaming my own inadequacy at everything, please. It just makes you look like the villain here... and that doesn't suit you at all."

And with that said, she turned back around, ignoring the stares as she finally made her way to Leo's side, moving slightly behind him and watching. Shifting the majority of her weight onto the back of her right leg, she tried to make it clear that she was done talking for now.

[/fieldbox]

@Ehb @Rithas @Allya'peepscomejointhisdramafest,wehaveunopenedcake

[fieldbox= Fujibayashi Ren, #00ddff, solid]
Ren%20Ico%20Real_zps1ybhnwic.jpeg

[July 11th, Afternoon / Amaterasu Shrine, Shrine Courtyard]

"The classroom...?"

Yuri responded as she slowly turned to Ren. After a quick moment of pondering, Yuri suddenly burst into excitement, stating that moving the party to 2-A's classroom will work and turned to Shinji, hoping that he will make the necessary arrangements. However, Shinji rejected the idea, before passing up his own arguments. Then, the conversation took a lighter tone as Yuri and Shinji started a banter before Chiyo arrived. The four eyed peach color girl then remarked about worrying Leo and Hajime's safety, adding murder into the mix. Yuri's smile instantly faded, and stared at Chiyo with an uncomfortable glare, as if she did something really wrong. Silence soon followed as Ren tried to grasp what Yuri trying to hint at.

Then Yuri broke the silence, saying that she will move the party to 2-B's classroom before leaving the conversation in a hurry. Instead of causing confusion, Ren suspected that something severe happened to Yuri.

[/fieldbox]

Then Robert's party happened hours later. Everything was normal, the students were quite happy with Chiyo's food. Umeko was not making any fusses. Ren was sipping her cup of orange juice, but her thoughts are on the earlier shrine incident today where Yuri hurriedly left them, as well as lack of Robert's appearance. Like many of his friends, Ren tried to call him, but he was just simply unreachable. It did not help not either when the party got started quite a while now, as well as the sight of the unopened birthday cake.

Then...

"Well then! Shall we go ahead and sing the happy birthday song!?"

The familiar voice echoed in 2-B's classroom. Ren turned to Umeko as she tried to gather everyone's attention. Yuri on the other hand was surprised with her sudden action.

"H-hayata-san!"

Ignoring Yuri altogether, Umeko continued to call out for Robert West.

"Robert West-kun! Please step up and forward, please!"

She even put up that obnoxious finding pose just to find Robert in the classroom. Ren cannot help but feeling somewhat down as her sister continued to search for the Englishman.

"Robert, Robert.... where?"

At this moment, Yuri suddenly ended the party.

"Everyone, it's about time to head home. So, lets go ahead and wrap all of this up soon. Let's be sure to tidy up the classroom after ourselves as well."

It was not the end however, when Shinji asked Yuri about Robert's location. Ren cringed as she noticed the emotional tone within his voice. Before she could respond, Yuri vehemently denied that she had any information about Robert, and added the word "Police" into the mix as she started cleaning up the place. It further raised Ren's Suspect-O-Meter even more. Umeko, as usual, gave a teasing "Heh" to Shinji's side. It did not help much, and caused the filled paper cup in Ren's right hand to crumple slightly, threatening to spill its liquid contents if she applied more force into it.

"Well, Imada-san. Well done, holding this party today."

As everyone went outside, Yuri congratulated Chiyo, but the cold tone from before remained, before continuing to apologize for the sudden change of location. Umeko chimed in as well, but her laid-back expression quickly stiffened.

This is it. Ren's nerves were all fired up. This is the moment to change the current track of events.

Harsh evaluation on Chiyo. But something tells Ren that it was forced. Ren could tell that Yuri just want to end this quickly, disregarding whatever implication that it may bring forth in the future.

"Imada-san, the people who dislike Kane-san will be like that too. For them, getting Kane expelled from the school is exactly what they want to happen. Them knowing about what you're trying to do, they'll likley outright ignore and disreguard you, just like what happened with Robert. So, one more time, I want to ask you: Do you really want to go through with trying to save Kane-san?"

To add icing on the cake, Umeko made her own remark as well, before staring at Ren, hoping she could... advise Chiyo?

Leo finally chimed in, with his first words mentioning about police on Yuri. At this moment, Ren felt relieved as Leo finally did the right decision, asking about Robert's location. His constant emphasis on Yuri was somewhat a sign on his concern about Robert, but it can be taken as some kind of annoying thing too. Then comes Chiyo's lengthy and angry response.

Once her peach colored sister was done, Ren lets out an audible sigh. She then removed her black sailor cap, running her right hand in effort to straighten her long hair.

"Since we're no longer in the center of a crowd now, how about we discuss about Robert's location? Chiyo's issue on saving Leo can be saved on a later day."

Ren forcefully redirected the whole topic to Robert. It was quite risky, but with at least Leo and (probably) Shinji being here, it is still possible to reverse the damage, and perhaps mitigate the harsh evaluation on Chiyo. The short girl did not want to take this route, but she cannot let the truth being hidden. One of her qualities that caused her to get numerous enemies, and at the same time, quality that earned her place in Social Morals Club being a textbook member.

The deconstruction began as Ren shifted her focus on Yuri.

"Ever since when you appeared in the Amaterasu Shrine, you looked quite off, despite our reassurances yesterday. I know it could be stress, but even then when the Cultural Festival and Sport Festival happened you looked fine."

Ren continued on.

"Then the break time where you happily bantering away with Shinji, after I suggested that the party should be held in our classroom." She said, before taking a glance at Shinji. "Everything changed when Chiyo joked about murders and worried about Leo and Sakurazaki-kun's safety. You looked like as if a ghost just went by. You even questioned in a way that Chiyo knew something bad about you."

A brief pause, allowing the facts to sink in. Ren even exchanged glances with Umeko, but the short girl was unfazed.

"And the mention of police. Are you implying that Robert has went missing and someone has filed a missing persons report? Or is it something... more?"

Another sigh from Ren. "I... I'm not trying to pick on you, Yuri. But the signs are there. You're clearly distressed with something. It could be a long shot, but judging on how fast you ended the birthday party, it doesn't help that the thing or incident you're secretly distressed with can be related to Robert. You just want today to end as quickly as possible and hoped that everyone turn a blind eye to it, which unfortunately not as easy as it seems."

Ren's expression turned slightly emotional.

"Robert is a good person, despite with his attitude. That's why I hope to mend his relationship with Katsumi back then. That's why Shinji and Leo were willing to hang out with him."

"That's why we asked." Ren gestured. "That's why I asked. We're not that rotten as a person, and we could see that you knew something significant."

A deep breath before Ren continued.

"Please, Nozomi Yuri!" She exclaimed. "Tell us the truth! Tell us what you have found out about Robert! You are not alone! We're in this together! I know things changed drastically since the divide caused in the Sports Festival, and the whole Leo Kane expulsion shebang, but you were hoping that Chiyo can convince the Board. I know you forced yourself to commit that critical judgement to Chiyo!"

Another pause. But this time, Ren felt that most of her words were probably cringeworthy to Umeko. As such...

"If you find that revealing the truth is a bit too personal in here, well..."

Then Ren turned to Umeko.

"You wouldn't mind leave us for a bit, would you? I'm sure you will understand."

At this moment, Ren glanced at Shinji and Leo once more, hoping that they would capitalize on the situation.[/hr][/fieldbox][/hr]

@Ehb @RainDash @Rithas @Raven Haruka

[fieldbox=Shinji Kobe, blue, solid]
Shinji%20Ico%20Real_zps54r8obig.jpg

"...Why are you asking me that? I'm just as uncertain about where Robert is as anyone else. But, at this point, there isn't much use trying to fuss over it."
"At this point, trying to find him now isn't going to do us much good. Let's leave it to the adults and police to find him, Kobe-kun."

Yuri couldn't have hurt him more. If she had stabbed him with a knife it wouldn't come close to how hurt he felt and how lost in despair her felt. No one... no one even bothered to speak up? And Yuri mentioned the police, which had only confirmed the worst of Shinji's nightmares. He couldn't even bring himself to speak. To even argue that there had to be more that Yuri knew. Everything was swirling around in his head, a blur of thoughts and feelings. Forming whole sentences became a sisyphean task.

He missed Umeko's snide look in order to keep on his feet and not fall down. He roboticly helped clean and stayed behind. When that was done he picked a seat to be in and drink some of the remains of punch in an effort to try and calm down. Which was odd, because he was so calm now that it hurt.

"Police, Yuri?"

The silence was shattered by Kane. Shinji had hardly noticed the lull in the conversation, honestly.

"Why would the Police need to find him Yuri?"

Honest concern?

"Is something wrong with Robert, Yuri? Is there something you need to tell us. Yuri? If there is something, we deserve to know. W-We're Robert's Friends. Classmates at minimum."

Did he actually care? Shinji couldn't figure it out.

"I'm disappointed- no, I'm outright upset that you feel like we can't be trusted, or that you need to keep us in the dark, or whatever fantasy-novel plotline you keep on telling yourself."

"But I won't ask you what happened. It wouldn't really benefit anyhow, since you wouldn't even tell West-kun's best friend in the first place.Though, if he did decide to 'go to great lengths to hide himself', couldn't he have just called in sick? He could've just told Shinji-kun that he wanted to be alone for a few days, and most of our class would've just left it at that, myself included."

"Now, I don't know West-kun that well...but he seems like the type of person who would make up excuses, rather than fall off the edge of the world."

He let them talk, his words seeming too difficult. No that wasn't- his thoughts were muddied. Try and say something or it'd get lost in all the speeches, he thought to himself. He finally found the words for the twisting burning secret that had been settled in his stomach this whole time.

"And the mention of police. Are you implying that Robert has went missing and someone has filed a missing persons report? Or is it something... more?"

"Robert is a good person, despite with his attitude. That's why I hope to mend his relationship with Katsumi back then. That's why Shinji and Leo were willing to hang out with him."

"The last time I saw Robert West... he was talking about people following him. People being secretive. I thought he was talking about Chiyo. Because she'd started planning the surprise party. But then... he didn't come back to school. He won't answer his phone. Yuri just keeps talking about other things when Robert comes up, and now she's mentioned police..."

He sounded broken. Even to his own ears. Words words words. Did they work? He wasn't too sure. Why didn't anyone care about the answer? Was Robert really so hated among class 2-A? Should he give up?

"I care about the answer, Yuri. You're not a very good liar. Even if it's terrible, I want to know where Robert is, because... I'll feel like it was my fault if I don't know."

@Ehb @Raven Haruka @Rithas @Everyoneihadabaddayandnowshinjisuffers
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Nozomi Yuri, plum, solid]
Yuri%20Ico1_zpsfui4oskj.jpg

Yuri felt bombarded by the things everyone had come out to say. They akll came forward just as the party was coming to a close.

"Police, Yuri?"
"Why would the Police need to find him Yuri?"

"Is something wrong with Robert, Yuri? Is there something you need to tell us. Yuri?"
"If there is something, we deserve to know. W-We're Robert's Friends. Classmates at minimum."

Yuri didn't react. If she did so, it would've been read by Kane immediately. She wasn't buying Kane's 'heartfelt' appeal either. For her, it was just, once again, Kane trying to rile things up for his own entertainment. There was no reason to try to entertain that desire of his now.

If someone has gone missing, is it really that unreasonable for the police to get involved?

"You know, Yuri...I don't think anybody would blame you for keeping a secret like that from us."
"But lying to us? Trying to pin the blame on something as trivial as a party, or his habit of skipping out?"

"But I won't ask you what happened. It wouldn't really benefit anyhow, since you wouldn't even tell West-kun's best friend in the first place. Though, if he did decide to 'go to great lengths to hide himself', couldn't he have just called in sick? He could've just told Shinji-kun that he wanted to be alone for a few days, and most of our class would've just left it at that, myself included."

"Oh, and Yuri?"
"Don't try to cover this up by blaming my own inadequacy at everything, please. It just makes you look like the villain here... and that doesn't suit you at all."

While all of this going on, Umeko was grinning, enjoying her little sister's entertaining outburst. Umeko wasn't entirely sure what Chiyo was really aiming for - or rather - hoping for with what she was saying to Yuri now. But, from Yuri's perspective, it probably wasn't doing anything to convince her to say anything. This was not the sort of tone Yuri Nozomi was hoping to hear from Chiyo, right after trying to evaluate her capacity to handle the students who wanted Kane out.

Chiyo let Yuri know how she felt, but it was bordering on hostile.

Maybe it was a bit justified, since the way Yuri had said it made it seem like it really was due to Chiyo that Robert didn't come. But, Chiyo's reaction was disheartening. Not to Yuri personally, but rather, due to the fact that if Chiyo acted this way towards those students she'd have to 'help' in the future - letting them get her fired up so easily, then, without a doubt, there was no hope for Leo in the coming weeks. That was the only thing Yuri Nozomi really pulled from Chiyo Imada's reaction.

But then, there was the other sister. Ren.

"Since we're no longer in the center of a crowd now, how about we discuss about Robert's location? Chiyo's issue on saving Leo can be saved on a later day."
"Ever since when you appeared in the Amaterasu Shrine, you looked quite off, despite our reassurances yesterday. I know it could be stress, but even then when the Cultural Festival and Sport Festival happened you looked fine."
"Then the break time where you happily bantering away with Shinji, after I suggested that the party should be held in our classroom."
"Everything changed when Chiyo joked about murders and worried about Leo and Sakurazaki-kun's safety. You looked like as if a ghost just went by. You even questioned in a way that Chiyo knew something bad about you."

"..."

Yuri couldn't hide from Ren's observations.

"I... I'm not trying to pick on you, Yuri. But the signs are there. You're clearly distressed with something. It could be a long shot, but judging on how fast you ended the birthday party, it doesn't help that the thing or incident you're secretly distressed with can be related to Robert. You just want today to end as quickly as possible and hoped that everyone turn a blind eye to it, which unfortunately not as easy as it seems."

"That's why we asked."
"That's why I asked. We're not that rotten as a person, and we could see that you knew something significant."

"Please, Nozomi Yuri!"
"Tell us the truth! Tell us what you have found out about Robert! You are not alone! We're in this together! I know things changed drastically since the divide caused in the Sports Festival, and the whole Leo Kane expulsion shebang, but you were hoping that Chiyo can convince the Board. I know you forced yourself to commit that critical judgement to Chiyo!"

"If you find that revealing the truth is a bit too personal in here, well..."
"You wouldn't mind leave us for a bit, would you? I'm sure you will understand."

"Hm? You're... asking me to leave right when it's getting somewhat entertaining?"

Umeko, currently sitting at a desk made a bummed looking expression.

"Seeing one of you two not make an embarrassment out of themselves for once? I wouldn't want to miss that."

Hayata Umeko refused the request, wishing to see this particular debacle out to the end.

"The last time I saw Robert West... he was talking about people following him. People being secretive. I thought he was talking about Chiyo. Because she'd started planning the surprise party. But then... he didn't come back to school. He won't answer his phone. Yuri just keeps talking about other things when Robert comes up, and now she's mentioned police..."

"I care about the answer, Yuri. You're not a very good liar. Even if it's terrible, I want to know where Robert is, because... I'll feel like it was my fault if I don't know."

Answering that question fully, would open a whole set of doors - many of which would lead down to less than pleasant outcomes. There wasn't any reason to answer them, really. The news about what happened to Robert was bound to get out - with an impassioned story to go along with it.The ultimate reason of why Robert West wasn't able to come to the party would come about. Giving the answer now, or letting the answer trickle down to everyone in the coming week was going to have the same effect. The only real difference, was that telling them now would get Yuri in trouble. What good would it possibly do to tell them about Robert's death?

Holding a party for Robert West, was a foolish decision.

Beliving in Chiyo Imada was likely a foolish decision.

Trying to put those two together turned out to be beyond all folly.

And, the way things were, Shijnji was certain to revert back, effectively undoing all of the small but crucial process he had made towards getting along with everyone.

Was there anything to gain from telling them of Robert's death?

Yuri looked over the short girl before her. She contemplated her expression, carefully.

For just a moment, Yuri's imagination made the image of a taller taciturn girl superimposed itself over Fujibayashi's petite frame. The person in Yuri's mind, felt like someone she sincerely wished to believe in.

Sighing to herself in a resigned manner, with closed her expression softened. She spoke:

"That's very much like you, thinking so hard about every little thing."

Then, her expression turned coldly apathetic as she looked at Ren, bracing herself. Yuri gave them an answer.

"I was told that, West-san isn't going to be coming back to this school. He shall not ever coming back."
"I can presume I don't need to spell it out any further, right?"

From her desk, Umeko's gaze passed towards Yuri, passively judgemental.

@Miya @Raven Haruka @Rithas @RainDash
[/fieldbox]

"Seeing one of you two not make an embarrassment out of themselves for once? I wouldn't want to miss that."

As expected from Umeko. Her words however did not bug her long and Ren soon reverted her focus back to Yuri. The class rep of 2-A looked at Ren, pondering for quite a while. As for the short girl, she was anxious of Yuri's response.

Yuri said, after a sigh and her previous stiff expression softened. Ren was happy, thinking that she has finally persuaded Yuri to reveal the truth about Robert. Moments later however, Yuri suddenly gave a cold stare at Ren, throwing her off on her composure.

"I was told that, West-san isn't going to be coming back to this school. He shall not ever coming back."

The short girl once again stared at Yuri, as she continued on.

Yuri's words felt heavier than before. Way more heavier than the one she has mentioned before the birthday party ended, especially the way how she emphasized that Robert will never return to Hisakawa. At this moment, Ren was compelled to retaliate, or at least press on for the truth. Her eyes motioned to Umeko, who was passively judging the incident, and perhaps Yuri. Something tells Ren that she should not press on for the truth about Robert. Not with Umeko in the area. In fact, Yuri might be protecting them from something even more sinister than the truth itself.

Both of the Social Morals Club member and officer stared at each other, for what it looks like an eternity, with Ren looking up to Yuri and vice versa. It seems like Ren is gunning for the truth, until her stare slowly turned into a defeated frown. A sigh can be heard from her as she looked away from Yuri. She pouted a bit, before responding.

"Is... that so?" Ren weakly commented. "I wished that he would at least... give us a farewell before he left us."

There was no choice. Ren may not able to grasp why Robert would suddenly decided to... leave them forever, but it was for the best to stop there. As much as she wanted to continue on pursuing on the matter, things might go for the worst if she decided to do so.

After taking a step backwards, Ren continued on a bit about Chiyo's issue, indicating that she has dropped the topic on Robert.

"Anyway..." Ren said, taking a semblance of strength. "I hope you can reconsider your evaluation on Chiyo's effort in the birthday party. She did a lot of preparation for it, despite what has happened. With more effort and training, I believe she can help Leo in redeeming his reputation."

And that was all she had in mind for the current topics. Unless...

@Ehb @RainDash @Raven Haruka @Rithas

[/fieldbox]

"Then..." Shinji said, "Yuri. Why did you not tell anyone? Why is Chiyo-san failing if she was never going to succeed? Yuri, this is too harsh. Give her another chance."

He'd lost enough people. Even if it was Kane, then he'd fight tooth and nail to keep people from slipping away.

"I hope you can reconsider your evaluation on Chiyo's effort in the birthday party. She did a lot of preparation for it, despite what has happened. With more effort and training, I believe she can help Leo in redeeming his reputation."

"I don't want to believe that... Robert would just leave. He cared about us, he wanted to try and get along with everyone. Even with the Katsumi-san drama he tried. I don't think that he'd want us to fail Chiyo-san either, just because he won't... he won't be at school anymore. If he'd been gone all this time and you knew... there was no way for Chiyo-san to succeed. That's not a fair test at all, Yuri."

He had no connection to Kane or Chiyo, except bad ones, but... he couldn't just abandon them because it was convenient. Ren wanted to keep Kane and Chiyo fighting, and even though Yuri was his friend -which was the only reason why he wasn't pushing for a more specific answer- he still had to fight this battle. If he could reform Yuri, then...

Even if all he wanted to do was break down again and give up again, he couldn't. This was important. He could curl up and die later, work through the existential dread later.

No more people leaving. No more lack of explanations. Even if he couldn't do much now, he'd work towards it. Something was wrong in the Social Morals club, especially if Yuri knew what was going on and Ren didn't. Something else was at stake here, and even if he didn't know exactly what, he had to do something.

Others sitting idle had left them here, scrabbling for answers and a way to make it better. Shinji wanted others to act when he needed to strike. He still wanted to curl up and hide from everything, though. He'd do that first probably. Go home and cry or something. Later, though. Later.

@Ehb @Raven Haruka @Rithas @Everyoneipostedi'mtryingtoundothebadendendplzhelpidon'twanttodie
[/fieldbox]

"Is... that so?"
"I wished that he would at least... give us a farewell before he left us."

By the way things looked, Ren had resigned herself to the fact that, Robert was 'gone'. But, at the same time, it seemed like she hadn't caught onto just how 'gone' Robert really was. The conversation began to shift towards Yuri's judgement on Chiyo.

"Then... Yuri. Why did you not tell anyone? Why is Chiyo-san failing if she was never going to succeed? Yuri, this is too harsh. Give her another chance."

"I hope you can reconsider your evaluation on Chiyo's effort in the birthday party. She did a lot of preparation for it, despite what has happened. With more effort and training, I believe she can help Leo in redeeming his reputation."

"I don't want to believe that... Robert would just leave. He cared about us, he wanted to try and get along with everyone. Even with the Katsumi-san drama he tried. I don't think that he'd want us to fail Chiyo-san either, just because he won't... he won't be at school anymore. If he'd been gone all this time and you knew... there was no way for Chiyo-san to succeed. That's not a fair test at all, Yuri."

Robert west was dead. But, at the moment, it seemed like those present were accepting that he had just decided to up and leave Hisakawa of his own will. At this point, there was no need to try to clarify Robert's fate any further. This was already acceptable enough.

"Let's say, West-san was one of the people who Chiyo and Kane actually had to help out? All that he knows is that he dosen't get along with Imada-san, and that he wants to get Kane-san expelled. What happens then? Were you hoping that the answer would be something like: I come in and tell Robert about how hard Imada-san is working for his sake?

Of course he wouldn't believe it. He probably would've seen an ulterior motive. It's so obvious that Imada is just doing this for her own sake and Kane's sake. No one is going to want to listen to them."

Yuri pessimistically spoke as she looked off to the side.

"I never said that I'd prevent Imada-san from doing this if she failed. But... shi is just too immature to be doing something like this. She won't be able to save Kane-san like this."

@RainDash @Miya @Rithas

[/fieldbox]

Shinji once again provided a good argument to the current situation. However...

"Let's say, West-san was one of the people who Chiyo and Kane actually had to help out? All that he knows is that he doesn't get along with Imada-san, and that he wants to get Kane-san expelled. What happens then? Were you hoping that the answer would be something like: I come in and tell Robert about how hard Imada-san is working for his sake?

Of course he wouldn't believe it. He probably would've seen an ulterior motive. It's so obvious that Imada is just doing this for her own sake and Kane's sake. No one is going to want to listen to them."

When Yuri replied, Ren was at a loss of words. Regardless, she waited until Yuri has finished.

"I never said that I'd prevent Imada-san from doing this if she failed. But... she is just too immature to be doing something like this. She won't be able to save Kane-san like this."

Yuri at the end concluded as she looked pessimistic, before turning away from Ren and the others. As for the short girl, she contemplated for a followup response. After a while, Ren decided to reply Yuri. Despite being unconfident, Ren decided that it is better to speak up whatever she has in mind.

"..."

She took a deep breath in attempt to bolster herself, before starting her reply.

"Then we'll do it together. With Chiyo."

A bold statement that will probably attracting a slew of Umeko's... comments, and more negativity.

"Leo's imminent expulsion from Hisakawa Academy is not only affecting himself or Chiyo, or his friends." She paused in-between. "It also affects the general reputation of 2-A as well."

"I know it probably sounded... far-off, but I believe Ms. Yorihase, being our homeroom teacher, is also affected from this issue."

Another pause.

"Remember the time where you asked to talk with Umeko regarding about the merge between 2-A and 2-B, Yuri? Ms. Yorihase agreed to go alongside with you. Yet she didn't and you asked me to help you instead."

"Yuri, I know you hate Kane for being... unrestricted in his usage of words."
Ren gestured. "But, even for me, being his friend, I was not spared from him. He constantly picked on me about my height and what not."

Ren stopped from adding more, and waited for the others' response.

@Ehb @RainDash @Rithas @_Others[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Leo Kane, Royalblue, solid]

Leo%20Real%20Ico_zpse7dt3sqd.jpg

And thus the class began to speak. Well, a few at least. Which was better then nothing.

But who knew, perhaps it was worse for anyone to speak. And they should all let Yuri drone on about the same thing. Some inkling of him understood what she was looking for, some small part of him. But, right now he couldn't see it. It was a tad infuriating. It shouldn't matter. It didn't matter.

Exactly, Robert wouldn't of just vanished into the abyss. Not yet anyway.

"Oh, and Yuri?"

He glanced at Chiyo as she went up beside him. Certainly an emotional response. He couldn't deny it was amusing to hear it from Chiyo's mouth. She certainly had a rather aggressive way of saying that.

And then it was Ren's turn to speak up.

"And the mention of police. Are you implying that Robert has went missing and someone has filed a missing persons report? Or is it something... more?" Leo swore he could almost have heard a waterphone in the background. A joke to himself, for he was concerned.

Everyone should be, that was the thing wasn't it?

"Hm? You're... asking me to leave right when it's getting somewhat entertaining? Seeing one of you two not make an embarrassment out of themselves for once? I wouldn't want to miss that." Umeko chimed into to a request of her and rem leaving. Predictability at it's finest.

Yuri's handling of this situation had only made that tiny thought of worry blob out into a monstrous form of despair. But of course, there it was. The sense that somehow you were at fault. Or, Shinji was just really trying to get an answer from Yuri. But he didn't seem capable of lying about his emotions like that now.

"w-..."

"I wished that he would at least... give us a farewell before he left us."
"With more effort and training, I believe she can help Leo in redeeming his reputation."

"Then...Yuri. Why did you not tell anyone? Why is Chiyo-san failing if she was never going to succeed? Yuri, this is too harsh. Give her another chance."

Robert's ultimate fate,

Fading into the abyss.

"Let's say, West-san was one of the people who Chiyo and Kane actually had to help out? All that he knows is that he dosen't get along with Imada-san, and that he wants to get Kane-san expelled. What happens then? Were you hoping that the answer would be something like: I come in and tell Robert about how hard Imada-san is working for his sake?
"Of course he wouldn't believe it. He probably would've seen an ulterior motive. It's so obvious that Imada is just doing this for her own sake and Kane's sake. No one is going to want to listen to them."
"I never said that I'd prevent Imada-san from doing this if she failed. But... shi is just too immature to be doing something like this. She won't be able to save Kane-san like this."

He had been completely silent during this entire discussion.

Turn the tide?

"Leo's imminent expulsion from Hisakawa Academy is not only affecting himself or Chiyo, or his friends. It also affects the general reputation of 2-A as well."
"I know it probably sounded... far-off, but I believe Ms. Yorihase, being our homeroom teacher, is also affected from this issue."

Thanks, Ren, for something at least.

Robert was gone.

He wondered if one should be hurt, that the fact that the class reputation might be hurt was a possible significant point in this. The thing that truly mattered.

"Remember the time where you asked to talk with Umeko regarding about the merge between 2-A and 2-B, Yuri? Ms. Yorihase agreed to go alongside with you. Yet she didn't and you asked me to help you instead."
"Yuri, I know you hate Kane for being... unrestricted in his usage of words. But, even for me, being his friend, I was not spared from him. He constantly picked on me about my height and what not."

Really making it sound great Ren.

Was no one going to ask about Robert?

The thought of 'I am Spartacus' appeared in his head, rather bemusing to say the least. One could dream for such a hilarious event to happen. Wash away the bitterness.

"Maturity?" Leo looked rather sullen, the cause unknown. "If people are not willing to listen to someone seeking forgiveness. To blatantly disregard them without giving them a chance to show them. Then maturity shouldn't be a problem. We would be on equal footing, at least." He couldn't help but feel like Yuri was setting up everyone they had to talk to as people who constantly attempted to put hexes on him. Perhaps they were, he couldn't remember.

"Can I say that I have no self interest in a matter that controls the future of my school life? Could anyone? I won't lie." Not now at least. "But are you saying that it is completely impossible for someone to actually want to help someone along side that."

"That it's impossible for me to do that. Saying such a thing is rather cruel. Personal vindications against me aside, it shows that you pushing us off a cliff in terms of chances here. The lack of belief is really rather hurting for me, and surely for others. A lack of belief in anyone." A million things to say, and not a single one he could think of.

"If we can make you believe that we actually have a chance, then surely we actually do." He pulled at his hair. "So what, in this hypothetical situation we have to convince Robert. He doesn't like Chiyo and he wants me expelled, probably for being Scottish. Let's say at minimum Ren is offering her assistance. So kindly, helping. Not towards me, but towards Robert's grave non-existing ill will towards me. Are you saying there is no way she can talk to him. As friends do, we often have to give advice and discuss things. Is expelling me such a good option. Would you not see if he's genuine."

If someone was willing to want him gone with all that amount of hatred after numerous attempts. He wondered what he could actually do for them.

"There's more ways of convincing someone then grovelling at their feet and saying that you pinkie promise not to do it again. We all have emotions, we get rash. We bottle up anger and stress till we can't see the truth anymore and we take actions simply because we feel as if need to do something."

He wiggled his his fingers behind his back. Everything was awfully numb, as it was everyday.

"I want to know why..."

@Ehb @Maya @RainDash @Raven Haruka @Blugh?[/fieldbox]

"Excuse me, 'we'?" Shinji asked. He wasn't on good terms with Chiyo or Kane. While he might work with Chiyo, he might not for Kane's sake.

"Yuri, I know you hate Kane for being... unrestricted in his usage of words. But, even for me, being his friend, I was not spared from him. He constantly picked on me about my height and what not."

"If we can make you believe that we actually have a chance, then surely we actually do. So what, in this hypothetical situation we have to convince Robert. He doesn't like Chiyo and he wants me expelled, probably for being Scottish. Let's say at minimum Ren is offering her assistance. So kindly, helping. Not towards me, but towards Robert's grave non-existing ill will towards me. Are you saying there is no way she can talk to him. As friends do, we often have to give advice and discuss things. Is expelling me such a good option. Would you not see if he's genuine."

"There's more ways of convincing someone then grovelling at their feet and saying that you pinkie promise not to do it again. We all have emotions, we get rash. We bottle up anger and stress till we can't see the truth anymore and we take actions simply because we feel as if need to do something."

"I want to know why..."

"Why what Leo. Why we can't just go up to ask Robert to forgive you? Why everyone thinks you're a pompous ass? You just act like everything is a game, and that nothing gets you you ever. Robert's absence probably means even less to you than someone clipping their fingernails and losing a clipping. Probably why you didn't read between the lines. Robert's not coming back. I don't know if it's my fault or yours, but he rarely doesn't answer his phone. I doubt he'd just-"

Shinji stopped to look away, taking a moment to adjust his glasses and compose himself a little more. "Robert isn't able to forgive you. I'm probably assuming the worst... but it's the only thing that makes sense. So why what Kane?" Shinji scoffed and walked off to cool down. "I don't want to hear your answer, in case you wanted to make sarcastic comment, Kane!"

Why was he even bothering to stick around anyway? He was a wreck and staying around to argue with Yuri was pointless. Everything was so pointless. This wasn't getting them anywhere except to put them in circles. He wanted to go off and eat ramen. Maybe that'd be good, since the last few times he'd missed eating with Robert.

He'd probably never have that chance again.

No, no he had to numb that. Make his heart stone until he got home or something. He didn't need to break down in a ramen shop. He didn't need any of this, either. He was going to walk away from this conversation, because he had no stake in it. No reason to argue for Kane or Chiyo's sake.

@Ehb @Raven Haruka @Rithas @Everyoneidon'tknowwhattopost
[/fieldbox]

Ren tried to reassure Yuri, again, throwing in herself to help out her sister, just like setting up the party. Still, even with her help, the result would likely not be much better for Leo in the end. The reason? In this case:

"...the general reputation of 2-A..."

The reputation of our class? Was that something that could be salvaged, when most negative connotations of Class A already stem from the fact that that person was there? How would saving him do any good, in that regard?

Fujibayashi continued her appeal.

Weakly, Yuri began to respond.

"Fujibayashi-san, Is that what you really believe I feel about Kane-san...?"

However. Kane finally broke his silence.

"If people are not willing to listen to someone seeking forgiveness. To blatantly disregard them without giving them a chance to show them. Then maturity shouldn't be a problem. We would be on equal footing, at least."

The problem was, there was no equal footing in this situation. This was essentially boiling down to begging for forgiveness. Thep ossibility of attaining equal footing wasn't even an option.

"Can I say that I have no self interest in a matter that controls the future of my school life? Could anyone? I won't lie."

"But are you saying that it is completely impossible for someone to actually want to help someone along side that."

I want to begin by expressing how much I don't really care. Leo Kane always seemed to start off with a variation of that line in his conversations with her. It had never been any less grinding to hear.

"That it's impossible for me to do that. Saying such a thing is rather cruel. Personal vindications against me aside, it shows that you pushing us off a cliff in terms of chances here. The lack of belief is really rather hurting for me, and surely for others. A lack of belief in anyone."

"If we can make you believe that we actually have a chance, then surely we actually do."

"So what, in this hypothetical situation we have to convince Robert. He doesn't like Chiyo and he wants me expelled, probably for being Scottish. Let's say at minimum Ren is offering her assistance. So kindly, helping. Not towards me, but towards Robert's grave non-existing ill will towards me. Are you saying there is no way she can talk to him. As friends do, we often have to give advice and discuss things. Is expelling me such a good option. Would you not see if he's genuine."

Maybe if Robert and Chiyo had spoken to each other, even just once. Things could've turned out differently.

If that was the sort of thing Leo Kane was trying to say, then certainly, Yuri could agree with it. More than likley, it was probably due to the lack of communication between the two that ultiamtely would've caused a similar 'no show' ending in the hypothetical situation. So why in the world was Leo defending...?

"I want to know why..."

Chiyo Imada. This whole charade began on her outburst those couple of days ago. An in that moment - Yuri let Chiyo get to her, and made what was now only looking like a bad decision.

Yuri was already aware, this was what she was thinking. Likely, Ren and Kane was also aware of this, and for this reason why this scene continued to gruel onward.

However, suddenly:

"Why what Leo. Why we can't just go up to ask Robert to forgive you? Why everyone thinks you're a pompous ass? You just act like everything is a game, and that nothing gets you you ever. Robert's absence probably means even less to you than someone clipping their fingernails and losing a clipping. Probably why you didn't read between the lines. Robert's not coming back. I don't know if it's my fault or yours, but he rarely doesn't answer his phone. I doubt he'd just-"

"Robert isn't able to forgive you. I'm probably assuming the worst... but it's the only thing that makes sense. So why what Kane?"

"I don't want to hear your answer, in case you wanted to make sarcastic comment, Kane!"

With that, Shinji left so as not to reveal any more of himself in his outburst.

"Kane-san, Ren-san." Yuri looked at the two of them, her expression was grim.

"It was Imada-san who took it upon herself to try to save Kane. I laid out the rules, and gave you all a chance to try. I even let you have a chance to try doing something similar before the real thing began... Granted, it's true that Robert's leaving did make that rather... impossible. But..."

"It's not my job to save Kane. My real job is to see the resolution of the Social Morals Council seen through, and have Leo Kane be expelled for the students he has wronged. I won't pretend to say I have compassion for Kane, because he's one of my classmates. I won't pretend to be considerate, saying that I listened to Chiyo because I saw her 'conviction' in saving Kane. In the end..."

"Giving Kane a chance to repent, and Chiyo helping him in that endeavor was in line with Social Morals Doctrine. Giving the opportunity for that to happen was just a sufficient enough reason to not expell you outright."

Yuri's cold reasoning came to surface. It didn't seem to fit with the theme of Social Morals that she was explaining at all.

"You're right. It is inherently unfair to make Chiyo take a test that was ultimately doomed to fail. For that same reason, it's inherently unfair for me to allow Chiyo to try to save Kane when it's also probably doomed to fail... But, if having Kane face the people he's wronged makes him think about the way he's handled things, and if Chiyo failing is enough to make her consider the importance of her actions, then letting you two try serves enough purpose to be allowed."

"That's all."

It was a stark reminder, at her core: Yuri was a Social Morals Officer.

The party ended after the last student closed the door to the classroom behind them.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Hayata Umeko, turquoise, solid]
Umeko%20Ico_zpsozbidptf.jpg

[July 15th, Afternoon / Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Class 2-B]

"This crowded classroom is really killing the atmosphere..." Umeko sighed aloud.

Classroom B, now home to Class A AND B, was in another day of crowded ruckus at lunch period. A few days have passed since the class merge went through.

"This classroom looks like a prison lunchroom."
"Ah man, we can't even move our desks anymore!"

Students complained about the same sort of things for about the hundredth or so time.

Even with half of the class eating their lunch in the cafeteria, the place continued to feel overly crowded... and humid. With so many bodies around, it was bound to become that way.

"I knew it. I should've just said no~...! Someone please load the last save so I can change my answer."

Semi joking, semi exhausted, Umeko groaned out her displeasure at the situation. There were a good amount of students in her class who didn't take to kindly to the decision either, but they refused to blame Umeko outright. Instead, they went about as usual. Bickering among themselves, and their new classmates.

"Hey! That was my seat!"
"Well in my old class, that was my spot!"
"It's my classroom!"
"It's OUR classroom!"

Indeed atmosphere was terrible. Though, there was one area that - despite all the pushing and shoving everywhere else - was being respected. A desk on the fringes toward the back, where a boy named Robert West would've originally sat. Unlike the other desks, with school supplies or bento boxes on them, this one simply had a cardboard card, along with some flowers.

The other day, the news about the murder broke out.

Apparently, it took a few days for police to identify the body parts that they were able to recover, and match it's DNA to the student whom had gone missing.

When reserving seats for the day, Students avoided that little area like the plague.

[...students are to exercise caution and report immediately to a teacher if they see any unauthorized persons on campus grounds.]

The special announcement ended, leaving the entirety of the class speechless. Regular announcements, such as upcoming special events, and student news, continued on, as normal.

Sitting beside Shinji, in a deathly quiet whisper, Yuri spoke. Even if Shinji turned, he couldn't make out the expression Yuri hid from him, as she was slightly turned away from him.

Even so, those words were definitely directed at him.

"Shinji-kun, I apologize."

"For lying to you."

Maybe Shinji knew, deep down, that this was what Yuri had meant.
But, the to hear of Robert West's fate, being reported on in the news, and the warning issued over the school intercom.
This was unreal.

The announcement only confirmed the reasoning behind the card Yuri solemnly put on that desk this morning.

That day...
Nozomi Yuri Apologized for being like him.
For letting herself fall victim to that same bad habit.

"Dumping all of these students on me and suddenly getting busy with everything else. Hey, Ren. Did Nozomi ever tell you what she was going to do with that Condolences card for West-san? That spot is going to start being considered cursed or something if we leave that there for too long..."

Umeko leaned a little closer to her sister, seated next to her.

"We're not actually going to do anything else about it, right? No one's going to be mad if I just toss it out after classes today?"

@Miya @RainDash @Rithas @Raven Haruka @_Anyone Really

[/fieldbox]

Despite the noisy atmosphere and the crowded environment of 2-B, Ren was feeling sluggish, demotivated. The revelation of Robert West's gruesome murder was a shocking blow to her. After finishing her bento, Ren simply slumped on her desk, her right arm acting as a pillow.

"So, this is why Yuri is unwilling to tell us the truth...?"

She muttered to herself, while remembering a part of the dialogue where Yuri concluded about Kane's fate 4 days ago. Just about she was going to close her eyes, a voice began to speak to her. Of course, it was none other than Umeko who was sitting beside her.

"Dumping all of these students on me and suddenly getting busy with everything else. Hey, Ren. Did Nozomi ever tell you what she was going to do with that Condolences card for West-san? That spot is going to start being considered cursed or something if we leave that there for too long..."

Ren did not budge, and Umeko leaned a little closer to her.

"We're not actually going to do anything else about it, right? No one's going to be mad if I just toss it out after classes today?"

A short grunt can be heard from Ren, as she forced herself to sit upright before turning to Umeko.

"I don't know..." She said in a low tone, after sifting away some fringes poking her eyes. "I guess it won't hurt if we leave it for a day. We can dispose of it by tomorrow morning or something..."

@Ehb @_others[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox= Hajime Sakurazaki, #5e3319, solid]
Hajime%20Ico_zps4wv1z1qn.jpg

[July 15th, Afternoon / Hajime's Apartment]

Hajime twirled the present he got for Robert in his hands as he lay on the bed, facing the ceiling.

"..."

He stopped its rotation and looked at it. It was a mini-cloth keychain. On one side of the cloth was a character from an anime he didn't recognize, despite him being somewhat of an otaku. But according to Mika, Robert did like the character in question. Though that was pointless now.

"..."

Hajime resumed twirling the keychain. He had already texted Yuri earlier about feeling sick, and was not at Hisakawa today, but in his apartment. She probably knew he was lying, but he didn't care at this point. Though he wasn't physically sick, the news about Robert did have an effect on him. If it were merely a tragic accident, he could have probably attended school like normal. However, the fact that it was an intentional, gruesome, and malicious murder had perturbed him. The truth of Robert's absence felt more like something out of an anime or drama than reality.

"..."

He had woken up early, but did nothing but fiddle with the keychain for several hours. Random thoughts filled his head, though it did nothing to quell his anxiety.

"..."

Hajime was not particularly close to Robert after that cheating incident. However, it wasn't like he despised him either. He didn't wish for that to happen to Robert. Not even Leo. That sort of brutal death should only be reserved for despicable criminals, not teenagers.

"...I wonder..."

Hajime's thoughts drifted to Shinji and Leo. How were they feeling?

"Probably terrible..."

Hajime thought about nothing for several minutes, then set down the keychain on his bed. He got up from the bed and prepared to leave.

[Internet Cafe]

"..."

Though Hajime wanted to be on top of the park's jungle gym and contemplate, police seemed to be more active around the neighborhood than usual, most likely due to the murder. And playing hooky would probably result in unwanted lecturing. So he had to make do with an Internet cafe. Eyes closed, he came to a conclusion after several more minutes passed, and slapped himself on his cheeks.

"Ouch..."

He rubbed himself on his cheeks that were turning red since he hit them too hard. He opened his eyes. He made a declaration.

"I'll do my best."

Hajime was stuck in place due to his sense of inferiority. He was so scared of making mistakes that he didn't even attempt to try at all. The pain of failing. Too scared to ask questions. Too scared to develop bonds. Too scared to study harder. Too scared to push himself on running. Too scared to test the waters. Now? Robert's passing was a kick in the face, a stark reminder.

("Once you're dead, it's all over.")

Hajime asked himself, what would happen if he died tomorrow? Would he be satisfied with how he lived?

("No. Hell no.")

It was not entirely apropos, but a quote came to mind.

("I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees.")

"Be bold."

Hajime took out his phone. He looked through his contacts. There were people he hadn't contacted with either text or phone in months, but he somehow had their number. Right now, the how or why wasn't important. Taking action was. He started to text various people.

[Sakura Obkubo]
Hey Sakura, haven't seen you in a while. Are you alright?
Sent. Hajime realized he didn't use an honorific, but it was too late to cancel the text. He went onwards to the next one.

[Mika Tsubasa]
Did you get your sapling back?
Sent.

[Imada Chiyo]
Chiyo, can I come to your house this weekend for lunch?
Sent. Hajime realized he made the same mistake as he did with Sakura, but it was too late to cancel the text. He went onwards to the next one.

[Asakura Kyoko]
Want to have a Ava battle?
Sent.

[Takayama Hiro]
Want to hang out sometime?
Sent.

And the last one was...

[West Robert]
Thank you and goodbye.
And with that, he was finished. There were some people that he intentionally didn't text, since he figured an in-person talk would be more effective with them than text. Still, it wasn't like the texts were guaranteed to be great either. He was prepared for negative responses or no responses. But he was going to try. He walked out of the internet cafe without even using the computer.

Hajime arrived around lunchtime. As he went towards his seat, he noticed something new on top of the desk where Robert used to sit. A card.

("Oh, it's a condolence or sympathy card or something like that, isn't it?")

After observing that, he continued towards his seat, which was somehow unoccupied despite the crowded atmosphere; he figured it was due to its proximity to Robert's seat. Hajime dropped off his backpack at his seat, and as he was about to head for the restroom, he heard something that caught his attention.

"-id Nozomi ever tell you what she was going to do with that Condolences card for West-san? That spot is going to start being considered cursed or something if we leave that there for too long... We're not actually going to do anything else about it, right? No one's going to be mad if I just toss it out after classes today?"

"I don't know... I guess it won't hurt if we leave it for a day. We can dispose of it by tomorrow morning or something..."

Hajime snapped. Just like that time he crushed the mechanical pencil, it was an instinctual reaction. Hajime slammed a hand down onto a desk near the two sisters. Hard.

"What the fuck?!"

With that roar, it seemed the class turned its attention towards him. He was making a showy and out-of-character display. Right now though, he couldn't care less.

"I don't give a fuck if you two are Social Morals officers or whatever, that decision is not up to you! How about you have some fucking empathy for fuck's sake?! Consult with the goddamn class first you heartless fucks!"

Hajime's chest heaved up and down from rage. He couldn't ignore this callous behavior towards the deceased. So, he didn't break eye contact with the two girls or even blink. He waited to see how they would respond.

@Ehb @Miya @RainDash @xLarius @Raven Haruka @LowDefinition[/fieldbox]

It was crowded, sure, but Shinji's little corner was just tight enough to keep him focused on his work. He could work and think and read and whatever it was that he was currently doing. Four days had passed and finally the real fate of Robert had been revealed.

"Shinji-kun, I apologize."

"For lying to you."

Shinji didn't really respond. He noted that Yuri knew and just... let them all find out the truth. How did she know that it was Robert that was missing though? The police couldn't identify the body until now.

Whatever. He didn't really... feel like asking her those questions right now.

I should probably stop her.

"What the fuck?!"

The outburst made Shinji jump. Was that... Hajime?

"I don't give a fuck if you two are Social Morals officers or whatever, that decision is not up to you! How about you have some fucking empathy for fuck's sake?! Consult with the goddamn class first you heartless fucks!"

"Please leave it. Just.. just for a couple more days." Shinji said, sounding like he was only half paying attention. "It's cramped but... I don't think we should just throw away the last reminders of Robert."

Then he went back to whatever it was he was doing. He thought it might be lunch? these last few days had been hard to remember what was going on. Something about a cramped classroom and a lot of people muttering about Robert's murder.

@Ehb @Rithas @Everyone
[/fieldbox]

Ren was going to return to her lazy mode, until Hajime went to her desk and slammed one of his fists there as hard as he could. In response, Ren lets out a scream before moving away from Hajime defensively.

"What the fuck?!"

The previously submissive student yelled at her and Umeko at the top of his voice. Ren gritted her teeth and tightened her fists as he continued on, reprimanding the two.

"Y-you---!"

Ren was going to open her mouth and retaliate furiously, but something stopped her.

A blunt realization just struck her thoughts. At this time, Shinji stepped in, looking even more moody than before.

"Please leave it. Just.. just for a couple more days." He said in a half-hearted manner. "It's cramped but... I don't think we should just throw away the last reminders of Robert."

That's right. Shinji once again showed the clues, albeit in an indirect manner. While Hajime stared at her with raging eyes, Ren began to relax herself, and eventually displayed a solemn expression. She looked slightly downwards, barely avoiding Hajime's fiery gaze.

"I'm sorry, Sakurazaki-kun." Ren said to Hajime in an apologetic tone. "I should be more mindful. I'll leave it to the class to decide."

With that being said, Ren began to head towards to the 2-B's exit, as she yearned for a break from the cramped classroom while beginning to ponder on Hajime's newfound courage.

@Illin @Ehb @RainDash @_others
[/fieldbox]

"Ah! Sakurazaki-kun is doing it again..."
"What's wrong with him?"
"Is he just always like that?"

The concerned whispers of students, some had already seen something like this before, others saw it come out of nowhere - both were surprised.

Looking up at her desk, Umeko Hayata looked at the direction of where the raw language was coming from. In her eyes, was a furious looking boy who presumably overheard what was supposed be between the two sisters only.

This was about normal for 2-B. But, this guy wasn't from 2-B. Additionally, this was being directed at her.

Umeko blankly debated whether or not to disregard Hajime's anger - and let his own problem resolve itself. In that time, Shinji spoke. Umeko turned to see him in his corner, looking non-committed to anything else.

"Y-you---!"

"Please leave it. Just.. just for a couple more days."
"It's cramped but... I don't think we should just throw away the last reminders of Robert."

"I'm sorry, Sakurazaki-kun."
"I should be more mindful. I'll leave it to the class to decide."

Hearing this seemed to soften up whatever reprimand Ren had in mind for Hajime.

"Well, alright. If you say so, Shinji-kun. But, we're not going to let that take up an entire desk for a whole week."

Indeed, a whole week passed. Despite what Umeko had said, the card was left on the table. By now, there was already two other cards. As the original one set by Yuri was already out of space for anything else for anyone to write in it.

The card may have been what those affected by Robert's death may have needed most. Allowing them to come to terms with what had happened to their friend.

Exactly a week after...

[July 22nd, Morning/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Class 2-B]

YOU ARE NEXT

The letters spelling out this grim sentance was laid out among the shreds of the greeting cards on Robert's Desk. They were cut, or rather, torn from the solemn or inspirational messages that originally where printed inside the cards.

Students walking into the classroom this morning were met with the deplorable sight, of someone who had ripped apart the final goodbyes the others had left for Robert.

"What a horrible thing to do."

Umeko said, looking at the desk with crossed arms.

It was genuinely unsettling to think someone took the time to not only rip all those cards up, but also to go to such lengths to also try to scare people as well. No doubt though, considering Hisakawa's Virtual Reality system, that person certainly would soon be found out and caught.

"This isn't right... Hayata-san, you and Fujibayashi were the first one to discover it, right? The log says that the last person to come into this classroom before you two was Nozomi-san."

Class 2-B's Homeroom Teacher gave a perplexed expression to Umeko.

"Nozomi-san? Maybe she came in early?"
"At three in the morning?"
"Is that what the log says. What about if someone came in here after classes ended yesterday?"
"Unfortunately, no."

"You don't mean.. Nozomi-san? But, she was the one who put that card there for Robert in the first place."
"Nozomi's credentials were used to get into the building. That is all logged right into that chip installed on you kids' spinal columns. I don't think any of you kids are savvy enough to replicate her credentials."
"But, the more that I think aobut it, I get worried."

Umeko looked over at Ren, standing next to her.

"To use Nozomi's Credentials, all you need is that chip, right?"
"Lets say if someone took Nozomi's chip out..."

The Electropulsar Spinal Attatchment - a chip that allowed for the sensations to be stimulated by interacting directly with someone's nervous system. Due to it being attached directly to a person's spinal column, it also happened to be a useful secondary form of identification for a person. Hisakawa's system utilized this technology to track and recognize individual chips, becoming a form of key to unlock certain places in the school.

As they saw with the party before, Yuri was able to use her chip's credentials to let Robert's 'Birthday' go on.

"If someone without a Chip took Nozomi's to get in, then would it not it look like Nozomi did it?"

@Miya @RainDash @_Everyone

[/fieldbox]

[Hajime Sakurazaki]
Hajime-tan! ☆*:. o(≧▽≦)o .:*☆
And no honorific? (∩╹□╹∩) People are gonna talk you know~
If you could keep it a secret for now, I'm in the hospital. I over trained for a tournament and well down a bunch of stairs. ໒( ಥ Ĺ̯ ಥ )७
Now I'm being kept for observation to make sure I didn't get like a concussion or something. Don't tell anyone. It's super embarrassing to say I fell down some stairs and got hurt. (・−・;)
Sent: 1 week ago
[fieldbox=Sakura Obkubo, #d4009b, solid]
sakura-ico-jpg.103982

[July 22nd, Morning/ Hisakawa Academy, Main School Building, Class 2-B]

"What a horrible thing to do."

"What is?"

Sakura leaned over to the desk that Umeko was looking at and saw the awful note. Without a second thought she grabbed as much of it as she could and threw it away.

"If we just let it sit then the jerk that did this wins. I would have burned it, but... they're so many little pieces that it was falling out of my hand."

"To use Nozomi's Credentials, all you need is that chip, right?"
"Lets say if someone took Nozomi's chip out..."

"Hey Umeko, ain't that attached to our spines? You know, the things that make up have a back? With all the nerve-y things in it? Wouldn't that mean that something happened to Yuri then?"

It had been few days since Sakura came back, but everyone was being super... werid. It had only been when someone explained what had happened to Robert that Sakura understood what everyone was kind of off. As Sakura looked at the flowers, she couldn't help but think of the poor dead englishman. What a way to go.

"Why don't we text Yuri or something and ask her? Rather than sitting around like a bunch of worried mother hens, let's just ask her directly."

Sakura hadn't thought about that Yuri could lie about something like this, mostly because she was sure that Yuri couldn't lie at all. Her job was to work with the class, and if she lied to them, then they wouldn't trust her. Of course, that meant that Sakura hadn't seen her lying about Robert's absence.

"Hey, Umeko. Doesn't Yuri come to class early since she's a fancy Social morals officer and they have to be examples of goodness and that junk?"

@Ehb @Everyone
[/fieldbox]

"Hey Umeko, ain't that attached to our spines? You know, the things that make up have a back? With all the nerve-y things in it? Wouldn't that mean that something happened to Yuri then?"
"Yeah. You didn't know? We learned all about that in middle school, right?"
"Why don't we text Yuri or something and ask her? Rather than sitting around like a bunch of worried mother hens, let's just ask her directly."
"That's probably a good idea, Saku. Let's see..."
"Hey, Umeko. Doesn't Yuri come to class early since she's a fancy Social morals officer and they have to be examples of goodness and that junk?"

Umeko passed aside Sakura's last question as she started looking through her contacts. She selected the one for Yuri. Tapping it the entry on her screen, she then put the phone up to her ear.

"That's true. They do have morning meetings at six. Every other day, actually."

After a few moments, Umeko lowered her arm, and looked down at the screen.

[Call Failed]
[The number you're dialing currently is not available, this can be due to their device being turned off...]

"But... Yuri wasn't there today."
"That doesn't mean... like Robert?"

Umeko grimaced as she looked down at her phone. Nozomi seemed just fine just yesterday, not looking like she would suddenly come down with some sort of sickness. Even then, she would've been the type to force herself to go to school anyway.

Maybe this wasn't the time to jump to conclusions. There must've been some other kind of explanation... right? It was impossible to think that after just one week, someone would try to strike again.

@RainDash @Miya @_Everyone
[/fieldbox]

Status
Not open for further replies.