Help Wanted {Chello & Kitty}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Della smiled hearing Loki talk about his mother once again. "Your mother sounds like a kind woman," she remarked before adding, "and smart too. "My parents have always been... too busy to spend much time around me." She went quiet for a moment after speaking about her parents, perking up only when Loki replied to her about the hot springs. "Certainly. Do you think you'll be able to stay warm until tomorrow? If not I guess we should probably... sleep close together." Sharing body heat would help them out, even if it was a rather awkward option. Della hadn't slept next to another person before.

Loki tried to hide the fact that his face was going red, true it was a rather awkward situation but the fact of the matter is Della was right. Their body heat would help keep them warm until they can travel, "well it is true that being close to someone and sharing body heat helps the persons from hypothermia." Loki spoke looking at her, "and I mean it is just for tonight right? For survival."

Loki tried to hide the fact that his face was going red, true it was a rather awkward situation but the fact of the matter is Della was right. Their body heat would help keep them warm until they can travel, "well it is true that being close to someone and sharing body heat helps the persons from hypothermia." Loki spoke looking at her, "and I mean it is just for tonight right? For survival."

"Of course," Della replied to Loki with a nod. The more she thought about the situation, the more shy she felt. However, that just couldn't be helped. If it was a choice between huddling up with a person she had just started to become friends with or freezing to death in the night, she would gladly take the huddling. After all, it wasn't as if Loki was a complete stranger now. "We'll do it for survival." She moved closer to him, awkwardly unsure how to touch him. "S-Sorry, I don't want to accidentally bump any of your wounds," she fibbed, fumbling over her words. "Have you ever huddled with someone before?" she asked, throwing out some quick conversation to hopefully ease the tension.

Loki moved closer to her taking care not to invade her personal space too much, it was true they weren't complete strangers anymore after all they did save each other's lives. And Loki was starting to have some feelings towards her, she was kind, sweet, strong and one of the few people to ever judge him or treat him unfairly. "Well when I was younger I use to crawl into my brother's bed whenever I had a nightmare, I know that's not really the same situation." Loki responded with a small chuckle, he then took a breath and sighed. "How about you?"

Loki moved closer to her taking care not to invade her personal space too much, it was true they weren't complete strangers anymore after all they did save each other's lives. And Loki was starting to have some feelings towards her, she was kind, sweet, strong and one of the few people to ever judge him or treat him unfairly. "Well when I was younger I use to crawl into my brother's bed whenever I had a nightmare, I know that's not really the same situation." Loki responded with a small chuckle, he then took a breath and sighed. "How about you?"

"It still counts," Della replied with a smile. "But as for me, I may have huddled with my mother when I was little. If I did, I don't really remember it. I've had a fairly secluded life with few people around me. And the few people who were around me didn't spend much time with me," she said, frowning. "Anyhow, we'll have hours to talk more tomorrow. We should probably get some sleep. Tomorrow I'll check to see if the road is somewhere around here and maybe a hot spring too," she said.

Loki nodded and closed his eyes he was exhausted from traveling and fighting, "sounds kind of like my life. My mother was overprotective of me growing up, I guess she was just worried someone would kidnap me." Loki responded, "anyways good night Della see you in the morning." Soon Loki was fast asleep curled up trying to keep warm beside Della.

Loki woke up early the next morning, the sun was starting to rise and the rain had stopped. There was still a small chill in the air, he slowly sat up holding his side which was still hurting. He was going to suggest finding a town as well so they could restock their supplies.

Loki nodded and closed his eyes he was exhausted from traveling and fighting, "sounds kind of like my life. My mother was overprotective of me growing up, I guess she was just worried someone would kidnap me." Loki responded, "anyways good night Della see you in the morning." Soon Loki was fast asleep curled up trying to keep warm beside Della.

Loki woke up early the next morning, the sun was starting to rise and the rain had stopped. There was still a small chill in the air, he slowly sat up holding his side which was still hurting. He was going to suggest finding a town as well so they could restock their supplies.
Saying nothing in reply to Loki, Della closed her eyes. Sad thoughts filled her head. Although Loki said that it would've been his kind of life to live secluded like she did, the young woman didn't feel the same way. It would've been nice to have had a few more people around, like more family and maybe some friends, while she was growing up. Still, there was no point in worrying about it now. The past was over. With that last thought in mind, Della closed her eyes and went to sleep.

The next morning, Loki was the first one to wake up. Della only awoke after he did, feeling him move to sit up. She continued to lie on the ground, blinking her eyes a few times before sitting up. She yawned and looked around, running a hand through her black hair. It looked messy and stuck up in places; Della's hair always looked funny after she slept. "Ugh, I always forgot how uncomfortable sleeping on the ground could be. How are you feeling this morning, Loki?" she asked, stretching her arms.

Loki turned around and looked at her, "I know it can be really uncomfortable. But at least we kept warm," Loki responded with a smile. "I'm feeling alright my side still hurts a bit but I will be okay. Listen I was thinking that after we find the hot spring we go and look for a town, we need to restock on some supplies. Like food, maybe we could find a few blankets in case the nights are still cold." He suggested, hopefully there wasn't one too far off and that they wouldn't run into anymore trouble.

"And let's just prey to the gods we don't have anymore trouble like yesterday, I don't think I have a lot of fight in me today. So whenever you are ready we can leave, maybe if there is a pond around I can catch some fish for us to eat." Loki was starving and figured Della must be too, they needed food if they were to continue on in their journey.

Loki turned around and looked at her, "I know it can be really uncomfortable. But at least we kept warm," Loki responded with a smile. "I'm feeling alright my side still hurts a bit but I will be okay. Listen I was thinking that after we find the hot spring we go and look for a town, we need to restock on some supplies. Like food, maybe we could find a few blankets in case the nights are still cold." He suggested, hopefully there wasn't one too far off and that they wouldn't run into anymore trouble.

"And let's just prey to the gods we don't have anymore trouble like yesterday, I don't think I have a lot of fight in me today. So whenever you are ready we can leave, maybe if there is a pond around I can catch some fish for us to eat." Loki was starving and figured Della must be too, they needed food if they were to continue on in their journey.

The raven haired girl blinked after hearing Loki's comment, looking away for a moment. "Oh, I hope you didn't think I meant sleeping by you was uncomfortable. I-I just meant sleeping on the ground was the most uncomfortable part. Sleeping next to you did keep me warm, so that's nice!" she said with an awkward chuckle. Goodness, she really wasn't used to a situation like this…

Della nodded at Loki's suggestion. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea to me. We really could use some more supplies considering how many we lost after our encounter with that witch," she replied with a frown.

"And yes, we can go ahead and leave. Getting something to eat might be a good idea," Della agreed. She slowly stood up, offering Loki a hand to help him up. "Say, do you pray to the gods?" she asked, curious after hearing Loki comment about the gods himself. Did gods pray to other guys? She really didn't know.

@Chello

Loki chuckled lightly, "don't worry you didn't offend me. I knew what you meant, now let's head out." Loki walked out of the cave and took a deep breath, the air was so fresh after the rainfall and the sun was shining. "Seems like it's going to be a nice day, but still a little chilly though. This hot spring will be just what we need, now where should we head to?" Loki asked turning to Della and smiled.

Loki chuckled lightly, "don't worry you didn't offend me. I knew what you meant, now let's head out." Loki walked out of the cave and took a deep breath, the air was so fresh after the rainfall and the sun was shining. "Seems like it's going to be a nice day, but still a little chilly though. This hot spring will be just what we need, now where should we head to?" Loki asked turning to Della and smiled.

@Chello (Sorry for the long wait! The last couple months I've been extremely busy, but my schedule's finally clear enough to write more replies to my 1x1s again. ^_^)

"Sure thing!" Della chirped, following her traveling companion out of the cave. The ravenette inhaled deeply to take in the scent of the clean air, exhaling a second afterwards. "It looks like today is going to be a nice one. Hopefully it's better than yesterday." She stretched her arms. It had nearly felt like an eternity that the two had been traveling together, when in reality it had only been one day. It was likely because yesterday had been so long and dangerous. She hoped today wouldn't be full of as many dangers as yesterday. "Anyhow, I'm not really sure where we should be going," she admitted with a shrug. "Do you have any type of magic that can sense heat? That would be a good way to help us find a hot spring..."

(It is all good. :))

"No sorry I don't, I guess we will just have to walk until we find one. It shouldn't be to hard I mean just look for some steam and rise in temperature," Loki responded. He hoped that their day would be uneventful as he didn't feel like fighting anything off at the moment, he gathered the remainder of their things and packed them away in the bag before walking out of the cave taking a deep breath of fresh air. "Alright let's get on with our journey, do you know how much further until the nearest village?"

"All right, let's just get to looking then," Della agreed, beginning to walk. She wasn't sure what direction to head in first so she simply began to go North. "I really wouldn't know, to be honest," the girl admitted, shrugging her shoulders. "This trip is really the first time I've ever been away from home. I'm almost the equivalent of an outsider like yourself." She frowned. "It's embarrassing, but completely true. So, we'll probably just have to guess when it comes to traveling, huh? But for now, we should work on finding a hot spring first. It'll really be good on your injuries."

"Sounds like a plan to me, with any luck we will find a hot spring close by and maybe after that a village." Loki responded as they walked, he kept his eyes open for anything that could pose as a threat to them. After about ten minutes he stopped when he saw some steam from the distance, "Della look up ahead I think that's our hot spring." He commented before heading in the direction of the steam, "we found it. This is great, looks like luck is on our side for once."

Excited by the sight of steam in the distance, Della rushed forward. "Wow! We found it a lot faster than expected too! I almost thought we'd end up looking around for the spring all day!" She rushed toward the spring, a grin on her face. She knelt down by the spring, holding her hands over the water so she could feel the steam rising up from it. "Ever been in a hot spring before?" she asked. Did they even have such things where Loki was from? Della wasn't exactly sure.

"I have actually, they really help after a training session or large battle. Really helps soothes the aching muscles," Loki responded crouching down and running his hand through the water. "Well shall we?" Loki asked as he started to take off his armour, but stopped before taking off his pants. "Umm you may want to turn around until I get in, to avoid any awkwardness."

"Oh, uh, right! Certainly!" Della exclaimed, quickly turning around so she wouldn't have to look at him. "That was polite of you to remind me. Are you the god of manners?" she half-joked. Honestly, she wasn't sure what kind of god Loki was. If she had asked him the other day she really didn't remember. After all, they had talked about and been through a lot of things just the other day.

Loki undressed and climbed into the hot spring, the heat was soothing and provided an almost instant relief to his aching muscles. When she made the comment about him being the God of manners he laughed, "if only. Actually people refer to me as the God of Mischief, and for good reason. I do tend to cause a lot of trouble back home at least." He explained as he sat back against the wall closing his eyes for a moment. "Ever since I was young I always played pranks on people, used my magic to scare and annoy them. Mostly because I was filled with mixed emotions, maybe I was doing it for attention from my father. I really don't know."

Loki opened his eyes and sighed, "I think I mentioned earlier my father and I don't get along. He and I are two very different people, he favours my brother so much because he is physically strong. I know lashing out is very immature but sometimes it's just fun, and helps when I am angry."

"Mischief!?" Della exclaimed, half-laughing. Worried she was being rude, the young woman quickly stopped herself from doing so. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since I believe you told me once before that you liked to prank people, but that doesn't seem at all like the you I know right now." She rocked back on her heels, continuing to face away as she waited for him to undress. "I mean, I'd expect a mischievous god to just start undressing in front of a girl, not warning her to turn around first."

"Well, everyone can be immature now and again," Della replied with a shrug. "So there's nothing wrong with that. At least pranking is a way for you to blow off some steam." The young woman smiled. "Say, maybe you should show me your pranking skills. When we get back on the road, I'd be interested to se you pull a couple harmless pranks on some of the travelers." She giggled at the thought. Doing anything like that back home would've gotten her in major trouble.

"By the way, can I turn around yet?" she asked, unsure if he was still undressing or not.

"You may turn around, it is safe." Loki told her, "I can show you a few of my pranks. I just have to make sure I don't get caught, people here don't take kindly to seeing magic. They might get spooked, and that could be a bad thing. They may try to capture me and lock me away somewhere," Loki laughed nervously. He was right, he heard stories of people being treated badly who were accused of using sorcery.

Status
Not open for further replies.