Help Wanted {Chello & Kitty}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loki stood proudly on his feet and looked at the witch, "of course I did. I am highly gifted in magic, I am also a god. You will not harm Della because if you even try to hurt her I will have to kill you and I don't want that. I am no killer, now I am going to walk away and never see you again." Loki started to walk away he didn't want to fight anymore, and he couldn't his injuries were taking their toll on him and he was getting tired.
The witch walked after Della and grabbed her by the arm, glaring at the girl before she turned to look back at Loki. She was clearly angry, but she wasn't comfortable with his threat. She let go of Della after a minute, glancing between her and Loki. "Fine, leave," she said. "As you said, leave and never see me again. I don't ever want to see you in these woods again. Are we clear?" she asked.

"Crystal clear," Della said, rubbing the spot on her arm that the witch had grabbed before moving over to Loki. "Let's go before she changes her mind," Della offered, moving to leave the forest now.

Loki nodded in agreement he took one last look at the witch before following Della out of the woods, "any ideas of where we should go now. Considering we can no longer stay in the woods," Loki asked as they walked. "We should stop somewhere I really need to rest, I am exhausted and I need to check my injuries."

Della continued to walk until they were out of the woods, stopping once they were a safe enough distance outside it. "Not only should we rest, but also I think we should stop for the rest of the day. You're injured pretty bad, and I feel like it's my fault," she said with a frown. "Anyhow, you're right though; we need a good place to stop. It'd probably be a bad idea to stop right out in the open though. Maybe we should look for a cave?" she suggested.

"Don't blame yourself Della I will be fine with rest," Loki assured her and continued to walk looking for a cave for shelter. "A cave is a good idea, we just need to find one. Let's keep walking until we do," Loki told her. After about an hour they would come across a cave outside the woods, and it was just in time as it started to rain. "Wait here I am going to make sure it is safe first," Loki walked in and examined it checking for any dangers. "Okay the coast is clear, the cave is safe."

"I just feel like it's my fault because it was my idea to start that fire in the first place. If I would've have done it, that witch never would've gotten mad," Della replied with a sigh. "But all right, if you say so." The two continued to walk along for an hour before they found a cave, and during the entire time Della was surprised that Loki could keep going in his condition. She felt bad knowing he must've been in a lot of pain. Once they arrived at a decent looking cave that Loki approved of, Della quickly ran inside to avoid the rain.

"We found this place just in time," Della said, setting down a few of the supplies she was carrying. She didn't have much anymore; she had left most of it behind in the forest, but at least she still had a few things. "How are you feeling?" she asked. "Why don't you sit down and rest? I'll help you patch up your wounds. You must be exhausted," she said with a frown. The dark haired girl knew for certain the man in front of her was a god, but apparently even gods could feel pain.

Loki sat down he really was exhausted, "I will be okay with time and rest. Please don't blame yourself, I wanted to help you and I will continue to." Loki smiled and removed his armor, he had bruises all over his body and his side was swollen from broken ribs. "That witch was plenty mad I hope we don't run into her again, then again I don't think she will mess with us." Loki laughed lightly.

Loki looked out towards the cave,
"a thunderstorm is about to happen. I think we maybe in here a while."

Della nodded vigorously in reply to Loki when he mentioned hoping they wouldn't run into the witch again. "Agreed. Thankfully, I don't think we'll run into her again unless we have to go back into the woods for some reason. It looks like that place is her home, and by the look of things she doesn't get out much. If we ever have to go back this way for some reason--and I don't think we will--we should take a different route," she suggested before moving closer to Loki so she could see the damage done to his body.

"Wow, you look bad," Della said, looking at his ribs with a frown. "An injury like that could take weeks to heal. I can't picture you're in any kind of shape to help me out anymore." She paused, however, remembering that Loki was a god. "Can gods heal faster than ordinary humans?" she asked. "If not, the thunderstorm will be the least of our worries," she said with a small smile.

"I never really believed mortals could know magic, I mean I was told stories about witches here on earth but never thought they were real. Now I know they are, I agree we should take a different route." Loki looked down at his body then back up at Della, "yes we do heal much faster so I will be fine in a few days. So we may have to camp here until I am at least a little healed." He told her trying to reassure her, "don't worry I will get you to where you need to go as promised."

Loki sat with his back against the wall of the cave looking out at the storm suddenly reminding him of Thor, "you know my brother is the god of thunder. Some of you mortals worship him, I wonder if this is his doing?"

Della felt a wave of relief wash over her when Loki did indeed tell her he would heal quickly. If it would've been impossible for him to heal quickly, she would've suggested finding their way to a small town so that maybe he could find a doctor to help him out. However, if the god could heal on his own there was no need. They surely could last in a cave for three days. At least they would be resting and wouldn't be dealing with a crazy forest witch trying to kill them. What could go wrong?

The young woman took a seat next to Loki and pulled her knees up to her chest, glancing out of the cave entrance where it was raining. She flinched slightly upon hearing a crash of thunder from outside. "I'm not sure. Does your brother like to make thunderstorms often?" she asked, continuing to watch it rain for a moment before pulling over her only remaining bag of supplies. "Even if you're going to heal quickly, I still think it would be a good idea if I patched up your wounds. Would you mind if I did? I think I might have some bandages," she stated, rifling through her things.

"Well when he first was given his powers he would do it often, now whenever he loses some form of battle or competition he creates them. My brother hates to lose," Loki chuckled thinking about Thor. He took a painful breath, "but I don't think this is his doing, just a natural occurrence." Loki then turned to Della to answer her question, "sure it may help speed up the recovery." Loki smiled.

"How much did we end up taking with us? If we lost a lot we should find another village so we can restock," Loki suggested.

Della smiled hearing Loki talk so much about his brother. "I think one time you told me that you love your brother, but are the two of you close?" she asked, continuing to look through her supplies. Earlier, Della had told Loki that she had a half-sister herself, but she actually wasn't very close to her.

After she found the bandages she was looking for, she unrolled some--carefully so that she wouldn't use up too much. She then moved over to Loki and looked at where his wound was located. "Can you take your armor off so I can get to your wound?" she asked. When he asked her the question about how many supplies they had left, Della let out a sigh and ran a hand through her black hair. "We don't have much left, I'm afraid. We'll be able to last out here for about three days before we'll have to look for a town."

"He is really my only friend, he taught me how to fight, I could talk to him about everything. Of course we have our usual sibling fights, what siblings don't fight?" Loki smiled talking about Thor, it was true Thor really was his only friend. "Actually he is more of a father to me sometimes then my actual father, now we aren't close at all."

Loki took off his armour and placed it on the floor, he was leaner than most men his age. Almost too skinny but that was just the way he was, "sounds good. Do you know how far the nearest village is?" He asked as he looked at her.

Della listen to Loki speak of his brother for a moment before she replied. "So you used to be close, but you aren't anymore, huh? That's a shame," Della said with a sigh. "I have a sister who I'm not close with myself. The only difference is, we've never been close. She's never liked me much," Della added with a frown.

She waited for Loki to take his armor off, and once he had she went right to work cleaning off his wound and bandaging him up. The young woman noticed how skinny he looked, but she didn't mind. "You need to eat more," she joked, giving him a playful, soft pinch on the side. It was so soft, it was likely Loki had hardly felt it.

"To be honest, I have no idea where we are right now," Della said with a frown. "I think we strayed off the path when we were running out of the woods to get away from the witch. But while you're resting, I'll look around to see if I can find a main road again."

"Well we aren't like we use to, Thor is the favourite. The one that is destined to be king, our father cares more about him sometimes. Thor and I fight a lot, but we still care for each other." Loki responded with a sigh, he winced as she bandaged him up.

When she mentioned how skinny he was he chuckled a bit,
"that's what my mother always tells me. I do eat but I suppose not as much as I should. My size is why I can move fast, sometimes muscle can slow you down. If only my father could see it that way, he lectures me all the time about it."

Loki took a painful breath, "I can't let you go out on your own. Who knows what could be out there, I will be okay to travel tomorrow. I would hate for anything to happen to you, you are my friend. My only friend," Loki told her with a smile.

Della worked intently to bandage Loki's wounds for a moment, placing her hand on his back after she had finished while she looked over her work. "Are you sure your father cares more for your brother than you? Maybe it just seems that way because he's grooming Thor to be king," she told him, taking her hand off his back after a moment. "I know it's none of my business though, but I hope you never feel overshadowed by your brother or father. It doesn't take being a king to make a man great, it takes action."

"I'm sure your mother and father just talk to you about your size because they care for you. They want you to be healthy," replied Della with a grin. "After all, you can't move that fast if you're weak from lack of nourishment. That's probably the way they see it. I'm not worried though. It seems to me like you can handle yourself. You probably wouldn't have gotten hurt if it were just you walking through those woods fending for yourself."

Della went quiet for a moment after Loki called her his friend, lowering her head to look at the ground. "Well," she began to say quietly, "that makes two of us. You're my only friend too. And I can't let my only friend travel tomorrow if he is still injured. Let's just wait until tomorrow before we decide anything," she suggested with a nod. She paused for a second, however, thinking over his words. "Are you sure I'm your only friend? You're a prince, aren't you? Surely an interesting, clever prince such as yourself would at least have one other friend..."

"Well I guess I do feel overshadowed, this has been going on for a while. My brother has always been the favourite. But I guess he doesn't cause trouble like me," Loki sighed. "Maybe I should stay here? Find my own way, though my mother will miss me. She always worries about me," Loki put his armour back on and sat with his back against the wall of the cave.

"What do we have to eat? I am kind of hungry, do we have any apples?" He asked, the air started getting cooler as night fall came. "It's getting colder out, I would say light a fire but after what happened that may not be a good idea."

"Well, if you want to stay here then you should stay here. But if you don't want to, then you should go home. It's entirely up to you, even if your mother would rather you stay home," Della replied, leaning her back against the cave and attempting to relax for a moment. "I'm not surprised she worries about you though. Look at you! This is your first day of helping me and you're already injured. We'll really have to try and be more careful from now on," she added with a sigh.

When Loki asked if she had any apples, Della nodded and reached inside her bag to look for one. Once she found a decent looking one, the young woman took it out and offered it to Loki. "Well, we're out of the forest now so I don't think that old witch would bother us again if we tried to make a fire. It's just kind of damp inside this cave. It might be hard to start a fire," she said with a frown.

"I just want to feel like I belong, like I am capable of doing something more. Helping you has made me feel like that, if my dad is watching I hope he changes his view on me." Loki sighed, when she handed him the apple he took it and smiled. "I hope this isn't the only one, you need to eat as well. We both need to keep our energy up," Loki took out his dagger and cut the apple in half handing the half to her.

"I know it is so damp in here, it is why we are so cold. Once it is in your bones it's hard to get warm," Loki spoke rubbing his hands together. "I don't think we should sleep we may not wake up, it's only going to get colder."

Della smiled, taking half of the apple Loki offered to her. "How'd you know? This is the only apple I have left in my bag. I was just going to let you have it since you're the one whose injured right now," she teased. "But honestly, if your father values righteous deeds, then I'm sure he'll chance his opinion on you after hearing what you've done to help me. We haven't traveled together long, but you've already made a big difference. I really appreciate it."

Agreeing, Della nodded when Loki suggested they probably shouldn't sleep. "Well, we can't stay awake forever. We need our rest if we're going to be traveling. Especially you. You're wounded and need a little rest to help you heal." Della paused, trying to think of any way possible they could use to keep warm. "Oh! I have an idea. Back home, I used to read a book about underground hot springs. There actually are some in this area. If I could find one, its steam would keep us warm for certain. Plus, relaxing in one would be good for your injuries." The only problem was, she would need to look around for one and it was likely to be a tedious job.

Loki smiled at her, "well my mother always told me it is good manners to share." He responded and took a bite out of the apple, Loki thought about Della's suggestion on finding a hot spring thought it sounded nice and it would help both of them finding one would be tricky. "That does sound nice, and they would prevent us from becoming hypothermic, just going out there and actually finding one could be dangerous. It is dark out there creatures come out at night, perhaps it will be best to wait until tomorrow?"

Status
Not open for further replies.