Harvest Moon: Moonrise Valley [Signups & OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha sounds good Vio. Welcome!

And looking good Rithas, I'll have a read over it after I finish a few papers tonight :)

I have no idea who I want to play in terms of roles. ;-;

I might take the "new farmer" role. You know that new farmer that inherits the farm after their grandparents death. Basically like every main character in harvest moon.

Oh I can look at my old harvest moon rp and see what characters I have there.

I'm going to play the oracle, who will be key in the plot, btw.

I'll make up a number of NPC's to fill missing slots before we start

@Soulserenity20

Hey, question regarding sheets. On the one in the first post it just has "Personality in 5 words", but you and Rithas have full personality summaries as well as extra categories for Likes, Dislikes, and Birthday. Should I stick to the skeleton or provide all of those?

tlhKqFG.png

Name: Kaleb

Home: The Carpenters Cabin/Shop. A cabin or cottage made entirely out of wood and resides next to the town's very own waterfall.

Personality in 5 words: Humbled, Aloof, Reserved/Shy, Cynical, Loyal/Dedicated

History: Kaleb was born to a very loving mother, and hard working father. He can't say that his early childhood was completely horrible, but as he grew older it started to become apparent that his father wasn't always around when they needed him. Regardless, his mother had enough love to give for the both of them. It wasn't until his sister was born that things started to become more difficult. His mother was starting to struggle having to raise the children by herself, and it seemed that she was starting to be really unhappy with her marriage for whatever reason. His parents divorced when he was eleven years old, the two of them began to pressure their kids on whom they should "choose" to live with. Their grandparents, infuriated with what was going on, won custody of both kids due to several reasons. Kaleb and his younger sister Fawn moved to live with their grandparents in Moonrise Valley. When he was twenty-one he was working in the woods, and his sister decided to visit him. He appreciated her checking up on him, but asked her to leave because the woods could be dangerous, but his little sister ran off ahead of him. Hearing his sister scream he ran to her. She was climbing up a tree trying to escape a bear, when she was starting to lose her grip and slip back down he panicked. Picking up a big rounded pebble, he aimed and chucked it at the bears head. The bear furious turned its attention to him and charged at him, realizing that he was the bears new target stupidly froze in place. When he finally came through it was to late to make a getaway, he turned as if to start running only to be knocked down by a powerful swat of the bears paw, leaving deep gashes on his back. The bear wasn't done and was about to attack again when Joe Finally came to the rescue. Joe was currently working and cutting down trees in the forest for a client when he had heard the scream. When he arrived he pulled out his hand held gun and managed to shoot the bear dead, Joe carried Kaleb all the way to the Hospital and took his sister home.

Family/Relationships:
Jared - Father
Karen - Mother
Fawn - Younger Sister
Erin - Grandmother
Harris - Grandfather
Nova - Family Pet (Chocolate Lab)

Other: You can still see the scars on his back. Likes Tea, Milk, Anything Blue, Snowboarding in the winter, and noodle dishes. Dislikes Mushrooms, Coffee, Alcohol, Strawberry Jam, and Bears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bAIbojp.png

Name: Fawn

Home: Lives with her grandparents who run the grocer in Moonrise Valley.

Occupation: Works two jobs. She works at the grocer and is a hostess at the bar.

Personality in 5 words: Devious, Curious, Flirtatious, Adventurous, Insecure, Lonely, Mild Depression

History: Fawn, like her brother, had a pretty easy childhood growing up. Living in the city made things interesting, but if you were to ask her she would tell you that she would rather not go back. Those who know Fawn would never have even guessed that she had troubles making friends in her youth. In fact, she was pretty timid as a child and often preferred to keep to herself, it was especially difficult when her parents started fighting. She felt as if she never really connected with either of them, and would rather tell her grandparents how she felt about anything or any secrets she had. Despite how she felt Fawn always put a smile on her face because she didn't want to fail to meet her parents expectations of her, but in the end it just seemed to fuel the emptiness she felt inside. The divorce was rough, and unable to cope with the stress and her low-self esteem she resorted to self-mutilation. She manged to hide it for a while, until one time she couldn't stop the bleeding and her brother found her in the bathroom panicking. He took care of her, and since then has been more attentive to his baby sister. In a way it made them a lot closer than they previously had been, and she felt some sort of relief for a while. Eventually they all managed to make it through the divorce, and moved to Moonrise Valley to live with their grandparents. The move had a very positive impact on Fawn, and after getting the right medication she finally blossomed into the adventurous and content young woman she is today. These days she baby sits Lulu for the town's doctor since her brother is currently away for rehabilitation for his right arm and back. Presently, he has been cleared to return home and she has been looking forward to finally spend time with her older brother once again.

Family/Relationships:
Jared - Father
Karen - Mother
Kaleb - Brother
Erin - Grandmother
Harris - Grandfather
Nova - Family Pet (Chocolate Lab)

Other: Likes festivals, complex dishes, hot chocolate, sweets, gems, and anything soft or purple.
Dislikes flowers (allergy), fish and fish dishes (bad experience), ores, bugs, coffee, and tea.​

Last edited:
My characters are from an old CS.

The CS I posted is the basic requirements. You can add whatever you like :) I ask for the personality in 5 words for my sake. Sometimes people don't get to the point and this forces them to be concise and allows me to see what their character is like in a nutshell.

Feel free to post a full personality :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Astaroth
XD Vio why do all of your characters need to have traumatic pasts?? lol my god the death!

XD Vio why do all of your characters need to have traumatic pasts?? lol my god the death!
Oh shit, forgot to take that part out of his CS. Don't worry his parents are still alive. His dad works in the city and is often away on business trips. Though I may have it so his parents are divorced.

There we go. Changed his background. I like this one a lot more. xD

Name: Dr. Sam Winter
Home: The town clinic, easily recognized by the red cross sign over the door.
Personality in 5 words: Cranky. Overprotective Dad. Secret softy.
History: Ten years ago, young Sam Winter moved to Moonrise Valley from Forget-Me-Not Valley to study medicine with the local doctor. Shortly after moving to town, he fell in love with a local girl. One thing led to another: she got pregnant, and they got married. Two years later, his wife walked out on him and their young daughter, declaring that he was keeping her from having the life that she wanted (which didn't include being a wife and mother at her age).

After his wife left him, Sam devoted his whole life to studying and to his daughter. He eventually earned his doctorate and took over the local clinical practice when his mentor retired. Now the two of them live together in a loft over the clinic.

Sam has become jaded and irritable after the ordeal with his wife. He doesn't socialize, and he definitely doesn't date. His terrible bedside manner aside, he's a good doctor and he cares deeply about his patients even when he doesn't show it. If he suspects that someone is in poor health, he will try to fix them or at least keep an eye on them. His lectures on poor self-care are infamous.
Family/Relationships: His eight-year-old daughter, Lulu, is Sam's whole world. He still talks fairly regularly to his retired mentor, Dr. Perry; the old doctor is Sam's closest confidante. He's not on speaking terms with his ex-wife and she hasn't been part of his or Lulu's life in over six years. (If anyone wants to be the ex-wife/Lulu's mom, let me know.)
Lulu-e1457504142424.png
Dislikes: Cold weather, dogs, gemstones, strangers, bitter food.
Birthday: Winter 15

Name: Prudence Delaney
Home: Moonrise Manor, the mayoral home. Red roof and fancy windows, top left corner by the forest and Lumina Ranch.
Personality in 5 words: Responsible. Stubborn. Tomboy. Big Sister.
History: Prudence's father was the mayor before her, and- despite her young age- she was elected to fill his shoes after he died six years ago. Ever since, she's been doing her best to keep Moonrise Valley the self-sufficient, peaceful place it's always been. She's been worried ever since the Tree of Seasons started losing leaves, and she'll do whatever it takes to stop an endless winter.

Having lived in Moonrise Valley all her life, Pru is passingly familiar with everyone in town (by sight, at least). As a child and teenager, she helped out doing odd jobs all over, so she knows a little bit about everything. Her father always taught her that you can't lead until you've walked in the shoes of those you're leading, and Pru took that to heart. Although she enjoyed working with the animals on the farm and ranch, secretly her favorite job was helping out at the flower shop. One of her few feminine traits is a love of flowers. It was always just Pru and her dad; her mother passed away when Pru was very small from a respiratory illness.

Now, Pru spends her days checking in on the various businesses and the farm and ranch, keeping everything running smoothly, making sure supplies are available to those who need them, lending a hand when needed. She also goes out to check on the tree daily; she's been seen trying to tend to it to no avail. Unfortunately, she inherited her mother's asthma, and occasionally she has attacks which prevent her from being able to do any physical labor.
Family/Relationships: Pru was an only child. Both of her parents are now deceased.
Dislikes: Dresses, feathers, arguing, lazy people, tea.
Birthday: Summer 23

@Soulserenity20

I hope I'm understanding right that children don't count as full characters? If they do I'll just play Sam and Lulu and drop Pru.

• Love
Reactions: Esmeray
Name: Dr. Sam Winter
Home: The town clinic, easily recognized by the red cross sign over the door.
Personality in 5 words: Cranky. Overprotective Dad. Secret softy.
History: Ten years ago, young Sam Winter moved to Moonrise Valley from Forget-Me-Not Valley to study medicine with the local doctor. Shortly after moving to town, he fell in love with a local girl. One thing led to another: she got pregnant, and they got married. Two years later, his wife walked out on him and their young daughter, declaring that he was keeping her from having the life that she wanted (which didn't include being a wife and mother at her age).

After his wife left him, Sam devoted his whole life to studying and to his daughter. He eventually earned his doctorate and took over the local clinical practice when his mentor retired. Now the two of them live together in a loft over the clinic.

Sam has become jaded and irritable after the ordeal with his wife. He doesn't socialize, and he definitely doesn't date. His terrible bedside manner aside, he's a good doctor and he cares deeply about his patients even when he doesn't show it. If he suspects that someone is in poor health, he will try to fix them or at least keep an eye on them. His lectures on poor self-care are infamous.
Family/Relationships: His eight-year-old daughter, Lulu, is Sam's whole world. He still talks fairly regularly to his retired mentor, Dr. Perry; the old doctor is Sam's closest confidante. He's not on speaking terms with his ex-wife and she hasn't been part of his or Lulu's life in over six years. (If anyone wants to be the ex-wife/Lulu's mom, let me know.)
Lulu-e1457504142424.png
Dislikes: Cold weather, dogs, gemstones, strangers, bitter food.
Birthday: Winter 15

Name: Prudence Delaney
Home: Moonrise Manor, the mayoral home. Red roof and fancy windows, top left corner by the forest and Lumina Ranch.
Personality in 5 words: Responsible. Stubborn. Tomboy. Big Sister.
History: Prudence's father was the mayor before her, and- despite her young age- she was elected to fill his shoes after he died six years ago. Ever since, she's been doing her best to keep Moonrise Valley the self-sufficient, peaceful place it's always been. She's been worried ever since the Tree of Seasons started losing leaves, and she'll do whatever it takes to stop an endless winter.

Having lived in Moonrise Valley all her life, Pru is passingly familiar with everyone in town (by sight, at least). As a child and teenager, she helped out doing odd jobs all over, so she knows a little bit about everything. Her father always taught her that you can't lead until you've walked in the shoes of those you're leading, and Pru took that to heart. Although she enjoyed working with the animals on the farm and ranch, secretly her favorite job was helping out at the flower shop. One of her few feminine traits is a love of flowers. It was always just Pru and her dad; her mother passed away when Pru was very small from a respiratory illness.

Now, Pru spends her days checking in on the various businesses and the farm and ranch, keeping everything running smoothly, making sure supplies are available to those who need them, lending a hand when needed. She also goes out to check on the tree daily; she's been seen trying to tend to it to no avail. Unfortunately, she inherited her mother's asthma, and occasionally she has attacks which prevent her from being able to do any physical labor.
Family/Relationships: Pru was an only child. Both of her parents are now deceased.
Dislikes: Dresses, feathers, arguing, lazy people, tea.
Birthday: Summer 23

@Soulserenity20

I hope I'm understanding right that children don't count as full characters? If they do I'll just play Sam and Lulu and drop Pru.
You're doctor is so cute. I have this strong urge to have my characters relentlessly bug him because I imagine his grumpy responses are adorable. xD

I made my characters older so they would fit with in the age range of the current characters.

You're doctor is so cute. I have this strong urge to have my characters relentlessly bug him because I imagine his grumpy responses are adorable. xD
Definitely do this. He's the sort of character that needs to be bugged.

Definitely do this. He's the sort of character that needs to be bugged.
It will probably be Fawn to be honest, she likes to tease people and joke around. Kaleb has a stick up his butt and dislikes being a burden to others. lol

I was wondering if it was alright if Kaleb or Fawn baby sat Lulu while they were a teenager? You can pick whom.

Or maybe it was Kaleb at first, but when he was mauled by the bear Fawn had to step in for him while he recovered. So we could just do both. xD

It will probably be Fawn to be honest, she likes to tease people and joke around. Kaleb has a stick up his butt and dislikes being a burden to others. lol

I was wondering if it was alright if Kaleb or Fawn baby sat Lulu while they were a teenager? You can pick whom.

Or maybe it was Kaleb at first, but when he was mauled by the bear Fawn had to step in for him while he recovered. So we could just do both. xD
Both works. Sam tries to be with Lulu as much as he can but he does have patients and work, so he'd have had to hire babysitters sometimes, especially when she was really small.

• Thank You
I swear Dreamselfy use to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.