4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Pretty much all of them
(Group IC Here)
ATTENTION! THERE IS ALWAYS OPEN SLOTS FOR PEOPLE WHO WISH TO JOIN. UNLESS THIS MESSAGE IS GONE, ALL YOU NEED TO DO TO JOIN IS READ THE RULES AND POST A CHARACTER SHEET

=====================================================================================
In the year 2020, the inevitable destruction of humanity looms. Terrorism and wars are at an all time high, a state of anarchy is spreading across the globe like wildfire, and villains from lore and legend are emerging to attack innocent people throughout the globe, each striving to establish their own domain. The god's themselves have become divided, with one side supporting the chaos and feeding it, and yet another side opposed to it, then with a third neutral party, determined to let the other gods hash the battle out, and fix whatever is left.

The evil gods have been the ones summoning the villains from myth and legend to battle. Those such as Morgan Le fay, Mordred, and Vlad the Impaler being among them.

However, the gods who have sided with the good have begun drawing heroes from the past to battle these villains. Heroes such as King Arthur, Lancelot, Merlin, and other members of the great legends of heroes are emerging to do battle with the great evil that besets the world. These heroes have been given newer, younger reincarnated forms, and sent to a place known as the Hero's Banquet Hall, an uninhabited island which has been repurposed to serve as a training and staging area for the new force of heroes.

Together with regular soldiers from the nations of the NATO pact, the Heroes of the past have been preparing to take the battle once more to the enemy. Only one side can win. Order or Chaos.

====================================================================================
Hello, I have a few things I'd like you to know before you continue any further.

First off, this rp has minimum requirement of one paragraph (5-7 complete sentences) per post with a character, so if your not willing to satisfy that condition, my recommendation is to go ahead and click out, it just isn't worth wasting your time.

On that note however, assuming you do create a character it is important to note that it becomes "canon"
permanently, even if you leave this rp and vow never to return to it, please understand that I will be using them as a GM tool from there on out. If you don't think you could handle someone else using your creation after you leave, it's probably best not to look past here.

On a third note, as there will be minors involved, there will be a zero tolerance for any libertine type roleplaying. That isn't to say you don't have your cutesy hand holding, and maybe up to a bit of kissing, but for goodness sakes, if you wouldn't want your mother to read it, don't put it here.

And on a fourth and final note, there will never be a limited amount to the amount of rpers that are capable of
participating in this rp.

Thanks for reading.

Rules:
  1. The usual Iwaku rules
  2. No metagaming, godmodding, or creating Mary Sue characters. (I believe this is self explanatory)
  3. As stated in the disclaimer, always make certain you have a minimum of one paragraph (5-7 complete sentences) in your posts. However, i'd also like for it to be good quality as well, don't just shitpost, even if it takes you a bit to post
  4. If you plan to curse, do it sparingly, or if you plan to make a character that falls under the "CursesAlltheTimeforNoParticularReason" category, make sure it's a light swearing, avoid F-bombs, and higher tier swears. Because precision F-strikes work so much better.
  5. Include the name of your character at the top of your post, that way we know just whom your posting with. It should look like this:
Name of character

Post: posiknaonfonaksoif. oamsinf uanojkenf naiunf ksfn. inaoisnf inaosjnfolainnsf mia mniosnfais nnkvianmsof inaosjnf lkjkn kamsimf imai ijminmkajnso. kmiansijnf km iansi kmanjsnkfn im, kjnknajks.

1. If you post in character, make sure you wait two posts before you go about posting again.
  2. IC drama should not become OOC drama, if you have a problem with a recent post or facts, or spotted something I missed, please make sure to notify me in pm, I will solve the problem accordingly.
  3. I feel as this is a very important thing to state, A GM's word is law. Please do not attempt to defy myself or any GM that I choose to work with me.
  4. Use common sense. If it isn't in the rules, but you think it's probably something you shouldn't do, don't do it. Better to ask me first.
  5. At the bottom of your character sheet please post a color of your choice to show you have read the rules.
  6. Good grammar and spelling is a must! If need be, you can run it by @conman2163, for help with spelling.

We have two systems for combat here. The first main one, which is the classic, on your honor, acknowledge the hits your opponent makes system, and a secondary optional system, that if given a majority vote in favor, allows the system to be used, the system is as follows

Combat Hit System

To keep things fair and ensure no problems occur out of people going back and forth attacking, The person who initiates an attack will roll a single die, using the "more options" tab, in the OOC in a post they make there. The number you roll will determine if it the attack lands, and if it lands, whether or not you get the full hit you describe. For these purposes, there will be no "one hit KO" unless the person taking the hit wants it to end that way, however, successive hits will mean that you are forcibly incapacitated by the GM if you don't acknowledge the damage. (The human body can only do so much ya know?) What you roll determines what you get, and this is the scale.

1 = a Critical Fail

2-5 = Fails how you interpret this fail is up to you

6-10 = You got it, but missed some details or something, what is missed is determined by defender, though it can't be too many things.

11-15= This is the middle of the road, little to no failure

16-19 = Little to no failure

20= Epic Moment

The person who makes the attack can roll a die, determining whether or not that hit lands. However, to keep everything equal, if the number that the person who attacking rolls is undesireable. Say they got an epic moment, the person defending from the hit may "reroll" the die in the OOC. However, the number that is rolled will take a +3 penalty modifier, meaning that even if you roll high, it could still have a chance to take you up on the scale, and therefor hurt you. Risk = Reward but Risk = Penalty too.

=======================================================================================
Prior to creating your character, check the bottom of this sticky post to see what legends and myths have been taken. In this RP, all legends and mystical heroes in every existing religion and lore exist. Please avoid any "Biblical" Type heroes though, I will not approve them to prevent arguments.

Appearance: (A preferably anime, fantasy, or drawn type picture, though I suppose a "Real Person" picture will do.)

Name:

Weapon/tool: (It doesn't have to be something that harms someone else. Maybe you can support someone/something with your weapon? Maybe you have a weapon already associated with your character?)

Power: (This ability should start of as relatively low in power for plot and advancement reasons. Plot wise your character was just summoned from the afterlife to fight in a war, and them being summoned will take a lot out of them. They'll have to work their way up. If you'd like an example starting power, this would be it:

Subject A has the ability to summon fireballs at will. They can summon and throw up to three of these fireballs in a single post. However, summoning these fireballs takes a lot out of them, so they can only summon a maximum of twelve in a single battle)

Skills: (Are you a good tactician? Are you great at counting cards? Perhaps you are a great cook?)

Personality: Minimum of twenty words please.

Bio/legend: (You do not have to use a person from a legend if you don't want. You can create your own original character; a legend from the future or present, here as well. If you choose this route a bio with a minimum of 40 words is needed. If not, a link of the legend will suffice)

Theme: {optional)

Dislikes: (Optional)

Pet hate: (Optional)

Extra things:(Optional)

==================================================================================
So it may be confusing over how your character will get more powerful. When you character trains under his/her respective founder, after the end of each training session I will post a list of characters that are eligible for being upgraded power wise. Every time you upgrade you character you can choose either to add an extra ability that must start out on a base level, or to choose to up your current power a bit. So if you had a character who was able to throw fireballs to start with goes up in experience, no instead of just throwing one, maybe they can throw four, or if they could already throw multiple, maybe now they explode on contact with a surface.

It sounds a bit confusing now, but if you have more questions I'll answer them when the time comes for you to "upgrade" your character (Or just PM me of course), you'll post the following when you get to upgrade or add an extra ability.

Previous Power:

Upgraded power/ Added Ability:

Then from there I'll approve it or ask you to modify it.
But once again, you won't need to worry about it in the beginning. (Not that the "beginning" will last too long)

=======================================================================================

@conman2163(GM): Deanta and Mordred
@Ramboing : Failinis "Nis" and Lugh Lámhfhada
@Dakota K5
@Clyde (CO-GM): Aubrey Weiss
@Kurogane86 : Robin Hood
@Accelerator : Achilles
@SoleStride : Merlin
@jeshem : Alucard (Dracula spelled backwards), Helsing

@Ramboing @Dakota K5 @Clyde @Kurogane86 @SoleStride @Accelerator @jeshem

Last edited:
@SoleStride

indeed, particularly since Merlin was one of Arthur's closest friends

Woo! Bring it! ~hides behind someone with armor on~

Hey btw my computer is broken so I wont be able to post well for a bit. I will try on my phone.

@Ramboing

Roger that. I'll keep that in mind. Any idea of when it'll be fixed?

@conman2163 I've mostly done all I need to, I will fill out the optional stuff given time, but I'll get a post up.

Hi, I'm working on a CS now but I wanted to ask if our characters could be villains. From your post, it seemed like somebody just summoned just the heroes but what about the bad guys?

@EddiEddi

noted, thank you.

@jeshem

For now, I am not taking any applications for villains until the current event is over. I'll need you to just wait if you want to make a villain.

So villains aren't being accepted yet but can I just leave this here for later? If not, I'll just copy all this into a text file and transfer everything back at a later date.

Appearance:
16ef8575c2a8309d06837503060ff883.jpg

Alternate pic:
tumblr_mcthea6RJh1rjcvzro1_1280.jpg

"Yes, I am a vampire. Yes, I am aware that we vampires aren't supposed to just walk in daylight. Yes, I am sooo scared of garlic. And yes, that was sarcastic."

Name:
Count Dracula
(Alucard Paler)
"Call me Billy Bob Bo if that makes you happy."

(Vlad the Impaler was born in 1431. Bram Stoker's novel was first published in 1867. I'm making him even older)
"You're really good at this, aren't you? Asking all the wrong questions, I mean."

"What gender do I look like to you?"

Weapon/tool:
A decorated ceremonial dagger with a dragon carved into it's hilt.
Two 13mm handguns.
A wooden stake he found plunged into his chest.
Abel, his pet wolf.
*The weapons are summoned. The stake and wolf are not*
"I have absolutely no idea how that got there. Must have been a wild night for me to forget something like that."

Power:
Blood Drinker:

As a vampire, drinking blood is not a necessity for Dracula but it does strengthen him. It also has a chance of healing him if the blood is of "high enough quality"(whatever that means)​
The effects of drinking blood are as follows

1 = The blood was disgusting, only the most minor of minor wounds has scabbed and Dracula is still as weak (or strong) as he was before.

2-5 = The blood was okay, still a little bitter. Heals a small wound and slightly increases strength and speed but nothing too impressive.

6-10 = The blood was average, nothing more, nothing less. Heals a wound or multiple small wounds. Increases strength and speed for a duration of about one post (+1 to attack).

11-15 = The blood was good. Heals multiple wounds or a large wound. Increases strength and speed a little bit more for a duration of about two posts(+1 to attack).

16-19 = The blood was outstanding. Heals a grievous wound and greatly increases strength and speed for a duration of about one posts (+2 to attack).

20 = The blood was the blood that flowed through the veins of the gods themselves. Limbs are regrown, organs are regenerated. Greatly increases strength and speed for a duration of two posts (+2 to attack) and helps prepare Dracula's stomach for his next meal for a duration of one post (+2 to next blood check)

Dark Magic:
As a vampire lord, Dracula had learned and mastered many forms of dark magic including darkness and blood. However, after being resurrected, he has lost much of his power and, as a result, is unable to use any. For now.

Skills:
Marksmanship, Hand-to-hand combat, Lying/tricking, Acting, Dark magic, Immortality (kind of)

Personality:
While he is a monster and a villain, Dracula is not an exclusively evil person. Although he was summoned by the evil gods, he resents them for summoning him solely for the purpose of spreading chaos, preferring rather to live constantly teetering delicately between chaotic neutral and neutral evil. He is normally laid back and cool if not a little very sarcastic but is known to lose his patience and explode towards anything that annoys him, whether this be an object, a civilian, or even another villain. He has no wish to create an empire and rule with an iron fist (been there, done that) but is willing to kill every superpowered being on the planet if that meant being able to visit the bar and woo that cute girl in the corner without some sword wielding knight in shining armor crash in.

Towards ordinary civilians, Dracula could not be more indifferent. They are mere cattle to him, food for him to eat when hungry. Despite this, there are a few humans that have earned the vampire lord's grudging respect such as the Professor Abraham Van Hellsing, vampire hunter and nemesis of Dracula.

Dracula's attitude towards his fellow villains is more of a cold rivalry than anything else. Some he view as wild beasts only capable of mindless slaughter while others he view as dreamers, planners with a vision but without any action. Still, there are a few that he sees as true masters of evil that even he would be reluctant to come in conflict with.

Dracula hardly views heroes as threats but more as inconveniences. Dangerous, yes, but still only inconveniences. He won't go out of his way simply to hunt these heroes but is more than happy enough to put them down if they get in his way.

Bio/legend:
While Dracula is pleased the author Bram Stoker's novel of him is a truthful portrayal of him and his history for the most part, he still finds some parts incorrect and is displeased that his more recent reincarnations in media do nothing to clear it up. First of all, Dracula has been around for much longer than Stoker's novel would imply, existing centuries before the story took place. Secondly, at the end of Stoker's novel, Dracula is killed and crumbles to dust upon being decapitated and impaled. In truth, however, the vampire king's magic kept him alive, the decapitation and staking doing nothing more than break his connection to the female human. The Gypsies reattached Dracula's head and, upon being awoken, the vampire slaughtered all of them as thanks. Dracula then proceeded to go on several other (mis)adventures which he can only guess were the inspirations for the many more stories of him that came later on. His adventures came to an end after a climactic battle against one of Hellsing's decedents led to the vampire lord being staked in the chest, resulting in the vampire falling into a death-like sleep. Dracula was then sealed away and forgotten.
Having woken up for his who-knows-how-long nap by the evil gods, Dracula is more than eager to explore his new surroundings. Shame that all the other villains are already trying to destroy it.

Nocturnal animals (he used to be able to control them but now, with his weakened power, they treat him more like a disney princess than anything), Abel (his pet wolf. Not magical in any way), Drinking blood (not necessary but enjoyable), Sunlight (despite popular beliefs, sunlight is not dangerous to vampires), String instruments

Dislikes:
Heavy metal ("Too noisy for my taste", as he describes it), Garlic (doesn't like the taste. Still not deadly), Any object blessed or infused with holy magic (actually able to hurt him. This includes holy water), Silver bullets/stakes ("Will everybody stop shooting/stabbing me with that! It's not deadly but it still hurts!")

Pet hate:
Teenage girls asking him to drink their blood, Glitter/sparkles (Twilight kind of ruined that for him), Misconceptions about vampires

Extra things:
Dracula changed his name to Alucard Paler after his depiction in the Japanese animation, Hellsing, which he found rather amusing. Paler came from a name he was given centuries ago, Vlad the Impaler.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota K5
@chrono : Sorry this took so long.
Name Rama aka Parashurama

latest

Age Physically 16 real age unknown

Gender male

Weapon/tool: Divine weaponry
parshu ax, vishus bow, and bramhas arrow

Divine Sword Mandala, which also allows him to summon any single weapon from his arsenal.
En.m.Wikipedia.org/wikia/Astra_(weapon)

Power:

Incarnation manifest various aspects and skills of the avatars of Vishnu

Buddha avatar this is Rama's core avatar through this avatar he retains the memory and experience of the other avatars.

Parashurama warrior/priest mantras for summoning weapons and armour of the Divine origin as well as curses takes two posts to four posts to activate

skills:Tactician,junior weapons master

Personality: beneficent and eloquent tempered by centuries of existing in both mortal and immortal forms experiencing the heights of royalty and the underside of suffering. He is a sympathetic and intellectual tempered by philosophy and wisdom. As Parashurama and Rama, he was a warrior of incredible prowess, and as Krishna, he was a caring and loving monarch. As Buddha, he learned transcendental meditation to acquire a higher level of existence to attain enlightenment and self-discovery.

Bio/legend:
Ravana's immortal reign subjugates the people. Shiva's boon grants the demon-king invulnerability against gods and beasts. Only mortal men stand a chance of defeating him, but Ravana's might is too potent for a mere man to overcome. All seems lost.
To save us, Vishnu took human form. Rama, prince of Ayodhya.
At age 16 he was already the perfect embodiment of man. Strong, humble, handsome, patient, devout; he is what mankind strives to be, yet, for all our flaws, can never reach.

Avatars in Ancient India - Crystalinks

Dashavatara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Theme:

Dislikes: (Optional)

Pet hate: (Optional)

Extra things:(Optional)

Last edited: Monday at 8:34 AM

That is a repost for Chrono. Not actually a character i'm making.

@jeshem

Your villain is approved, however as I said he won't come into play until after the first and current event, and I still recommend making a hero.

I can make a hero if you like, @conman2163, but I'm a very single focused person and playing as both a hero and a villain will be rather difficult for me. One workaround I can think of if for me to create and play a hero for now and, when Dracula is introduced, kill off my hero.

@jeshem

Actually, I like that idea. As we'll be introducing Dracula in a second, considerably more dramatic event, you can intro Dracula by having him kill the hero you make.

Is there anything I need to add or change I think he is almost done I just not sure if he is missing much more

@chrono

As I've already stated before, your power was both to multi tool like and undetailed. Overall, I need you to give me several specific and detailed things that your hero can do. Going back to my fireball example, it tells you that the character can summon 6 fireballs and throw them in the same post, giving me details on how many fireballs he can use. So like that, I need your character power to be narrowed down and more detailed.

Sir Jeremiah Helsing, Master Vampire Hunter
Appearance:
the_old_hunters_bloodborne_SCEJ.jpg

Name:
Jeremiah Helsing

Weapon/tool:
Anything you would imagine a vampire hunter to carry (holy water, blessed silver bullets, etc.), A sword carved from a dragon's tooth(magical), A bolt-action rifle(magical)

Power:
As a hunter of supernatural monsters, the Helsing family needed many tools to keep up with their prey. Jeremiah Helsing, for example, showed a great aptitude in fire magic.

Fire fae:
Jeremiah summons 6 inch tall spirits of fire to help him in combat. They are generally weak but lasts for three posts. While summoned, Jeremiah has to focus in order to maintain them. (-2 attack for each fae. -1 attack for Jeremiah)

Flaming Blades:
Jeremiah infuses his sword with holy fire. The fire burns for three posts (+1 to attack. +2 to attack against undead)

Skills:
Hunting, Close-quarter combat, Marksmanship, Ambush, Stealth

Personality:
As a Helsing, Jeremiah was born and raised to be a deadly hunter. He usually keeps a solemn composure, never smiling but gives a soft hum when amused. He may come off as a cold individual to other people with his habit to keep to himself. In reality, Jeremiah keeps quiet because he feels awkward while holding a conversation so prefers to listen rather than talk.

Bio/legend:
Although the Helsing family is an ancient family of monster hunters, their secretive nature keeps many of their deeds from becoming well known. The best (and possibly only) known Helsing was Abraham Van Helsing whose war against the king of vampires was made public (and slightly watered down) by the author Bram Stoker.
Jeremiah Helsing was born sometime in the late 1940s, and though his deeds may be too recent to become "legends", the deeds themselves are definitely worthy to become such. Single-handedly slaying entire armies of demons and monsters, Jeremiah quickly became one of the most respected monster hunters around. Jeremiah was last heard of sometime during the 1980s where, in South Africa, he was tasked with hunting down several powerful demons. He successfully tracked and killed all but one demon, tracking the last one into a mine where, to his horror, not only had the demon prepared an ambush for his arrival but that the ambush involved creating a portal so large it could potentially literally bring hell on earth. Rather than letting the demon proceed with its plan, Jeremiah collapsed the mine, burying the demon and himself.

Slaying monsters, Snow, Jelly beans, Combat

Dislikes:
Monsters, Dark magic, Noisy people, Losing

Pet hate:
Arrogant people, People taking his things without permission

Extra things:
WIP​

I'll work on a post after work. I was kind of waiting for more people to post in between first.

Reactions: Kurogane86
Status
Not open for further replies.