Guardian: The anarchist

Status
Not open for further replies.
She giggled lightly as he spun her and kissed her hand. Bowing her head, watching as he vanished into the crowds, she took in a deep breath, and straightened herself up. Now it was her turn to find this Elf. Turning, she weaved through the crowds slowly, politely interjecting herself into a few bits of conversation to not stand out nearly as much. She laughed and smiled and waved as she finally found herself on the fringes of the gathering people. She looked around again, seeing no one of this description in the main room. Turning, she melted into the shadows of the hallway behind her. Perhaps she would have better luck in another room

Slowly making his way to the balcony with the most guards four men stopped him the biggest one stating "you can go no further this is the commanders suite!" Nodding and pulling out a letter abraxas held it up next to his own face "I have an urgent message from the king it is about the plans for the humans here." Looking at each other laughing the big orc bellowed out "but you are a human yourself!" Bowing his head abraxas said "I serve the true lord of this realm, the king of kings is the one I obey." Thinking for a moment the guards decided to let him through opening the doors.

A door slammed shut just down the hall. Slowly, she made her way to it, pressing her ear against the door. Nothing. Silently, she pushed the door open, inching it open slowly. There was no lights, no sounds. Cautiously, she stepped inside the room. As she shut the door behind her, a hand covered her mouth and pressed her against the wall. A voice asked, "Who are you and what do you want?"
Lily sighed, taking the hand off her mouth. Even in the darkness, she knew it was the one she was seeking. The way he moved, his silence. "I'm here on behalf of the guardian. He calls..." she answered softly, relaxing the hand that was about to grab the knife.

(I will play the part of the shadow)

"oh he does eh?" pacing backand forth he looked her up and down "of course he chose you, what does the gairdian call for?" bowing slightly the elf smiled and awaited her answer.

She kept her eyes on him, watching as he paced in front of her. She wondered what he meant by his words of her being the chosen one, but made no remark on it. "He wasn't specific in that, other than I can only imagine your help," she answered, bowing at the waist a little.

Chuckling at this he murmured "sounds like him." Grabbing out a piece of paper and feather he began to write quickly glancing at lily every now and then. Once he had completed whatever he had been writing the shadow handed it to her "gives this to your guardian if he is who you say he will be able to read it, now we must depart now we have spent to much time together."

She took the paper nervously, tucking it away safely. "I agree, thank you," she said, bowing once more at the waist, turning and heading for the door. With one last glance back at the shadow, she slid through the door quietly to retreat where Abraxas said they would meet.

(Back to Abraxas)

Handing the letter to the commander who took it with anger and displeasure for being bothered on this relaxed night. The commander began to open the letter as it read"The king of kings will fall in 356 moon cycles from now." Looking up from it Abraxas was gone from view but behind him, the moment the commander was going to call for his gaurds a hand covered the mouth along with abraxas's hidden blade through his upper back going through the heart. Abraxas sat him in the chair gently, closing the eyes saying a soft prayer but once he had finished having a plan on how to get it noticed he shouted "assassin" and disappeared and reappeared by the back window.

She had just arrived at their meeting spot when Abraxas appeared. Upon seeing him she smiled faintly. At least nothing bad had happened to him. Taking the folded piece of paper out, she handed it to him. "Interesting fellow, that one is. Everything go okay for you?"

Shrugging he opened the piece of paper "he likes to think so." Reading it Abraxas looked confused and angry, cryumpling the paper he burned it "well good news is he will help but the bad news is he is something more dangerous than I thought if he knows this language." Taking Lily's hand he led her though the crowd of bewildered people at the assassination of the commander.

"Well, that certainly doesn't seem good," she said, following him through the crowd of people. She wondered why they were all in a panic, and she over head whispers of murder and what not. She wondered if that was what Abraxas was doing... Shrugging it off for now, she continued to follow him. "So... If you think he's that dangerous, is it still wise to seek his help?"

"As for now we have a common enemy but I do not know how long that will last." Kicking open the doors he whistled for the horses, as they came running through the trees Abraxas had her jump on and start riding as he followed.

She nodded at his words. As long as this man was willing to help, she would not complain. As the horses came, she swiftly pulled herself up on hers and rode off, Abraxas behind her. They rode, the cold wind nipping at her face, pulling her hair loose Once she felt they were at a safe distance, she slowed her horse a little, glancing over at Abraxas now. "So... What shall we do now?"

Pondering the thought of what actions to take next he decided upon "why don't we stop somewhere to rest it has been a trying day for us and could use it, plus humans need their rest."

She nodded, her shoulders sagging in relief at the suggestion. "Good, my rear is sore from riding, and my horse could use the rest, too." She smiled faintly. "Is there a town close by, or shall we just take a rest somewhere off the roads?" Though she had done a lot of travelling, the area they were in was rather new to her, so she wasn't sure what was near their location.

"There is a cave about 20 or so minutes away that will serve as a shelter for now." Reaching over and patting Lily's horse smiling under his mask "its a good steed but I'm more concerned for you we could always get another horse" looking away Abraxas had a realization that lily was the first person to see his face since he arrived.

She nodded, watching as he patted the horse. "Still, no sense in running them ragged," she pointed out gently, smiling faintly. Looking back over at him, she tilted her head a little, thinking, then shook her head and continued on. And just as he promised, there was a cave. A bit of relief washed over her. Sliding off her horse, she took hold of Abraxas' and waited for him. "Lets get out of the cold, shall we?"

Getting down off of his horse Abraxas took her hand leading lily to the cave, it was dry but cold but always better without the wind and snow falling on them. Abraxas laid down some blankets and started a fire at the Entrance leaning over it. Warming his hands "this should do for the next day or so lily."

Upon entering the cave, and without the bitter wind hitting her, she felt warmer. And once the fire started, she sat down on one of the blankets and kept near, enjoying the warmth of the fire as it filled the cave. "Yes, it will do just fine," she said, sighing softly. Now that she had a few moments to think, she closed her eyes. "I hope Lukas and Kieran are doing fine. Though I know it's hard to ignore either of them or even say no to the old man," she giggled softly, leaning back on her hands.

Writing in his journal Abraxas smiled "I am glad you have such confidence in your friends the aura will help them in their trials." Pulling his mask up to his nose Abraxas sat watching the snow wondering what of the shadow. How did he know his own language it has never touched this planet, why was he so ready to help? Normally he was always resistant to help people.

Status
Not open for further replies.