Guardian: The anarchist

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A look of confusion crossed her face, a flicker of fear sparking in her eyes. "How can you be so sure I'm good enough? " she questioned, narrowing her eyes at him. While waiting a response, he placed the metal in her hands. Shel looked at it, then to him, then back. "Bend it? With my mind? How. ... How would I do that? " she asked, she had no clue how to use her mind to control things like that

"Look at it, focus your energy you must see it move in your mind and we will see if it bends with your imagination."

She looked at him, rolling her eyes. Still unsure, she looked down at her hands, tracing the metal gently. Closing her eyes, she tried to see the object bend in her mind, picturing the way it would stretch and mold inti the shape she wished.

Watching her carefully abraxas bluntly says "you don't believe you can do you?"

Releasing her breath, she felt her shoulders slump. "Not exactly, " she answered sheepishly, sighing. "I'm trying to believe, but I'm just. Me. A plain old human. How can I do magic or anything? "

Pacing back and forth abraxas ranted "the point isn't to look at yoursefl as a plain human, humans are more the capable of magic but this!" Walking behind her whispering in her ear "is not magic, you are bending an organism. You must tell it what to do with your mind and command it serve you to your glory."

She looked over her shoulder at him, listening. Nodding, she turned back, staring down at the metal. This time, she cast away other thoughts that ran rampant. She silenced every thing, focusing entirely on the object in her hands. She played how she wanted it to look in her mind, willing that to flow through her and form the object. Minutes passed, and just when she thought it was useless, she saw a part of the metal bend ans curl up in her hand, thinning and stretching out until a part of it formed a circle of vines. It was intricate or all that great, but she had done it. A smile came to her face

Nodding slowly as it curled abraxas sat across the far putting his hands near it while his thoughts trailed back to his first time bending the bond.

(Flash back)
Starring at the metal object grinur put into his hands frowning that it wasn't working and thinking "if I am a guardian then why won't it work? I'm I weaker than the others?" Throwing the metal across the room sighing grinur stepped in shouting for the treatment of his bond "how dare you disrespect your companion!!" Grabbing abraxas by the arm slamming him into the wall punching him "it has more worth than you! You will learn to respect what I give you!" Punch after punch abraxas tried to block but he was so young and much smaller until he stepped back pulling out his staff to strike him swinging it abraxas dropped to the floor grabbing the bond. The moment abraxas grasped it the bond turned into a broadsword, standing while the back swing was coming abraxas took a stance bringing the blade up and then down as hard as he could chopping it into two. Grinur was wide eyed and stunned but still needed to maintain control see he pulled out his sidearm pointing it to abraxas "freeze traunt or I'll shoot you and you will wake up in a cell!" Just as he said shoot the bond began to cover his body in black armor with bone spikes and steel with a red glow between the plates, abraxas walked to him with heavy steps so grinur started shooting but unbeknownst to him the rounds were not working until he was face to face with this smaller yet fear some figure.

(Present)
Snapping out of his trance abraxas looked up to lily smiling "amazing first step!"

Hearing his words of praise gave her a warm sensation. She felt proud she had done something wonderful! She brought he gaze back to her hands, and stared a few moments longer, willing it to bend and circle around her fingers,

Calmly but letting her know she was doing good abraxas said "look at the connection you already have with it, remarkable I don't think this has ever happened."

She nodded, and blinked a few times. Even that short amount of time, she felt drained. She watched as the metal shrank and returned to the original size it had been at the start. Closing hee fingers around it, she sat down near Abraxas. "What do you mean nothing has ever happened like that? "

Funding his head abraxas smiled softly "nobody ever makes it move on the first day, it took me weeks until it finally work for me." Resting his hand on her leg abraxas looked outside "it is very impressive

She felt the warmth rise to her cheeks and a sense of gratification. "So, what do you think that means? " she asked, glancing outside for a moment, before pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her chin on them.

"It means I have chosen wisely dearie, you will keep practicing when you can but for now we must make back to the city and meet with a certain group that may be able to help." Laying out some blankets and fur abraxas motioned for her to lay down on them "please rest lily I will stand guard for you."

She rolled her eyes playfully. Watching as he lay out the blankets and furs, she looked at him. "And what about you? You've been up just as long as myself, shouldn't you rest too? "

Scratching his chin abraxas thought on how he would go about not needing sleep while he did so taking a seat near the furs. "I do not need the rest ms. Lily it is difficult to explain but I will be well I promise."

She nodded, not arguing. He would know his limits better than herself anyways. Stretching,.she lay out on the ground, pulling a blanket over herself. "Goodnight, " she whispered, her eyes drifting shit. Just before sleep pulled her in, she moved her hand into his, squeezing softly.

Lightly taking her hand into his holding it while she fell asleep abraxas looked off into the white.

The next morning it was not snowing anymore but it was cold, the horses were still well and trying to keep warm. Listening to the wind abraxas smiled at the peace waiting for lily to rise for the day so that they may go back to the city.

She didn't wake too long after, stretching some. She looked down, .noticing her hand in his. Pulling her hand back, she smiled softly. "Morning, " she said with a stifled yawn.
Glancing over her shoulder, she saw it had stopped snowing, but the temperature dropped significantly. "Let's hope the horses can make it in this cold," She said, jumping to her feet. Walking to the horses, she wrapped a piece of cloth around her hand, and went to rubbing them down, both to clean them and get their blood flowing better in the cold.
"So,what are we doing once we are back in the city? "

Shrugging while he snuffed the flames abraxas said "well there is a group of people I need to find but the issue is...I have no idea where to find them." Checking all of his weapons and then gear abraxas put everything back on the horses turning to lily. "You do not come from this region ms. Lily so tell me. Why were you here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.