Guardian: The anarchist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following him to the tavern, she couldn't help but give a small smile once inside. Yes, the world was at war, people had lost a lot in these times. Yet, the sound of laughter was uplifting in a sense. It gave her a bit of hope, that somewhere in all of this chaos, there was still good and kindness. She weaved through the crowds as they headed up to the front. She watched the lady there dismissing them at first, then after reading the letter changing her tune. Whatever, whoever Abraxas was, he was apparently important. But, she remained quiet while waiting. Once ready, she again followed them to the room.
Once there, she sighed, relieved. It had been a long ride, her muscles were sore and the cold certainly wasn't helping. She removed her boots at the door, then slid over the window and sat down near it. "You know, if we weren't here for well, rallying forces, this would be a nice place to live..."

"I agree with you it is a beautiful place to be I hope one day that I can live in a place of such wonder." As he walked to the washing basin his armor retracted so that he was wearing regular clothes, carefully splashing water on his face calmly he mumbled "a dream that will never happen."

She watched him carefully, removing the cloak from around her shoulders and folding it up, placing it at her side. Then, she walked over to him, a hand gently resting on his arm. "How do you know it will never happen? Dreams can come true, you know," she said softly, before bringing her hand back to her side. "One of mine has, thanks to you." She cupped some water in her hands, and splashed it one her face, running her hand down her face, wiping the dirt and sweat away.

watching her he smiled "I am happy I can help achieve your dreams lily. But my life is not about any of my dreams coming true." lightly resting a hand on her arm he said "this world will be a better place because of your actions." turning to look out at the snow abraxas smiled "I love the snow, it makes everything so quiet outside and peaceful."

She squeezed his hand gently, and as much as she wanted to know more, she did not push. Instead, she let his hand go, somewhat reluctantly, and went to grab the meal that had been here for them. "I do hope you are right, Abraxas. I hope the others are okay...." She paused, taking a bite of food. It was still warm, which was nice considering the lingering chill in her bones. With a sigh, she returned to the window, next to him. Though she was not a fan of the cold, the snow was beautiful. "I'd have to agree with you there," she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. "It's almost, magical, innocent. Like there's nothing bad in the world."

Looking down at her Abraxas wiped the tear away "what has you so upset ms. Lilith?" Grabbing a bite of the bread on the table he stood ready to listen as to what might be bothering her. We have taken the right steps to changing things in this hurtful time."

"I'm not really upset, just. Thinking, I suppose." She sighed, pressing a hand against the glass, the cold sinking in. "I just do hope you are right, that we can make a change. I know so many are hurting like I am, and still barely clinging to hope for good. But, I guess I am more sad that, I watched others marry, find love, have children. Me? No, I haven't even had that chance." She laughed softly, rolling her eyes. "Sorry, that was rather lame of me, and inappropriate."

Leaning on the wall Abraxas looked at her listening until she finished and he was somewhat disappointed how she thought so little of her needs. "I would not say that is lame at all it is normal to want those things lily, you deserve them just as much as anyone if not more because you know the sting of loneliness." Softly stroking her cheek he smiled as best he could "you will find your love."

She closed her eyes at the feel of his hand against her face, sniffling. "Even so, I'm afraid by the time that happens, it may be too late." She smiled up at him, the glanced out the window. The snow wasn't falling as much as before, but it still came down slowly, flakes drifting lazily in the breeze. "Speaking of late, we should probably eat and get some rest. It's going to be a long day, I'm sure." Straightening herself, she pulled her shoulders back, sitting on the edge of the bed now and eating slowly, thoughtfully.

"You can rest I do not do that very often. Taking some more of the bread and fruits Abraxas sat down next to her with a million things going through his head. Looking at the snow he sighed as it began to get dark, lighting the lantern hanging by the window Abraxas got comfortable taking his boots off and shirt enjoying the could. " it is much to hot during the bright hours."

She nodded, and as much as she would rather stay up to talk, she could feel the pull of sleep as her eyelids drooped. She watched him, forcing herself to eat some more before she removed her shirt, wearing a light fabric beneath and sprawling out on the bed. "Goodnight," she said through a yawn, closing her eyes slowly. "Be safe," she muttered, before falling quiet, her breathing even now as she snuggled into the lumpy pillow.

Leaning back inthe chair Abraxas welcomed a soft rest after not having rest in so long. "Goodnight lily, I will see you soon again." The night went by as a heavy wind broke through making it much colder so he woke up putting on a wrap so that Abraxas could go down to the kitchen in the tavern to make some breakfast for lily along with himself. While cooking a couple of men walked by making fun of him for cooking and were laughing until Abraxas said "laugh all you want I can think about you dying and you will now run along" after making some baked bread, cheese, and venison he returned to the room since the sun would be rising soon.

Her sleep was far from peaceful, filled with nightmares, but, they weren't nearly as bad as before. She woke soon after Abraxas had left, stretching and yawning. Sitting up, she rubbed her eyes a little. She didn't see Abraxas, and assumed he had left for food, drink, something. Getting to her feet, she glanced out the window. More snow had built up over the night, which made her smile a little, she just knew she would hate the cold.
Rinsing her face off, she pulled her tangled mess of hair back, tying it behind her head, then sat down, rubbing the soreness from her feet. Abraxas returned, and the smell of food made her stomach growl lightly. "Good morning," she said with a smile, rising to her feet to greet him. "Smells good, did you cook it?"

Walking in being greeted with a smile was something he was very unaccustomed to so he smiled as best as he could back "good morning to you as well lily." As he set the tray of food down next to her Abraxas answered "I did actually I figured I would give it a shot instead of only cooking hunts over a fire. But take as much as you wish I am not hungry I do not need to eat that often." Sitting down tracing markings on his arms, marks all guardians bore on them.

"Looks good," she said, reaching out, snagging a few pieces of food, before eating them. "Better than what I could do, I'm sure." Shrugging, she watched him tracing the strange markings upon his arms, lifting a brow in curiousity. "What.... What are those, if I may ask?" she questioned, intrigued as she ran her eyes over them.

Thinking for a moment he said "the best way to put that is birth marks I guess you could say, they mark who and what I am." Stepping up and kneeling in front of here to show her starting from the elbow "see this is the markings from the region I was born." Tracing down a little further "these ones signify my personality and what my strengths are along with weaknesses so it would be applied in my training....the rest...are markings that appear after major events in my life. They form natural and most of the time I do not feel them surface I have some all over my body as I am sure you saw last night."

She refrained from touching them, she wasn't sure how he might feel about that. With her sheltered life, all these new things she learned were more fascinating then scary. And for whatever reason, she found these markings on him quite beautiful. She listened, looking at each one as he pointed them out. "Yes, I did see a few," she finally said, looking to him. She stayed silent for a moment, then shook her head, grabbing some more food. "Well, what are the plans for the day?" she asked, nibbling away on the food as she fished her tunic off the floor, sliding it back over her head.

Standing up he grabbed a tunic to wear. "We are going to find someone, the type of person that moves in the shafdows. The type of person we will need in moving weapons and troops while avoiding detection." Sipping at the water in the basin Abraxas sighed "you know I'm considered very young for my kind? It feels like a just new adult that has to save the world. I will leave you in peace so you may cleanse yourself..we will need to look our best where we are going."

Someone who could move in shadows? This peeked her interest quite a bit. "Young, huh?" she said, letting him wash up and take care of himself. "I guess you'll just have to tell me your real age soon," she teased lightly. As he stepped out, she sighed, washing the remaining bits of dirt and filth from her face, then ran her fingers through her hair, getting as many tangles out as possible. She didn't know how to look clean and nice, but did her best as she braided her hair, tying it off with some leather strips. She then dressed, cleaning off the mud from last night as best as she could. She then poked her head out, looking for him. "Ready?"

When she poked her head out he stood dressed in a uniform that was like no other holding out his arm "of course ms. Lily. We are going to be attending the party of the century and we will be sure to make an appearance." Handing her an elagant black and green gown and a necklace bearing a wolf symbol on it. "You don't strike me as the dress type but I thought you'd like to attend the gathering in this." Bowing his head down bashfully he mumbled "I am 225,001 years old."

Status
Not open for further replies.