Guardian: The anarchist

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked him over, pretty amazed at how well he cleaned up. When he handed her the dress, she gulped a little, running her fingers over it, then tracing the lines of the necklace. "It's... Gorgeous," she said, breathless. Yes, she really wasn't the dress type, but the female part of her always admired them and their beauty. "I'll be right out," she said, smiling softly. "And if it helps any, you sure don't look that old." Smirking, she disappeared back into the room, slipping on the gown, then placed the necklace around herself. She stood there, shocked at how well she looked in it. "Well, lets get them," she said, stepping back out a few minutes later.

Smiling at her he held his arm out "yes, let's." Walking down the stairs through the crowd of the tavern and once out the door two men stood holding their horses "this way my dear." Guiding her to the horse and helping her up "this will be an easy ride it is not rushed." Climbing on top of his Abraxas led them out of the city out onto the road gently trotting along.

She wrapped her arm with his, taking a deep breath. She felt a little foolish in the dress, and ignored some of the stares she got as they walked outside and to the horses. Once away from the eyes of others, she let out the breath she didn't even know she was holding. "Thank you," she said, settling upon the horse with his help. She nudged her horse forward, leading it next to Abraxas. "What did you mean earlier, feeling like a new adult saving the world? Is that what you are trying to do with us, my help and all of that?"

Looking away he sighed "I am considered a young adult in my race, I am not allowed to be recorded in history it must be as if I wasn't there so someone needs the glory." Turning to look at her Abraxas said "you will have the glory of the kings death he will die by my hand but you will receive the credit as I disappear into the crowd of people not coming out until I am needed again."

She looked down, chewing over his words for a moment. Then, she looked over at him, a rather serious look upon her face. "Why would you give me that glory, what if I do not want it" she asked him, tilting her head. "And what if I were to always need you?" she asked, without even truly thinking it, and when she realized her words, she quickly looked away, biting her bottom lip, angry at herself.

Retorting with "I do not think of that lily, I chose you for a reason that I hope one day you will understand." Looking at her curiously wondering why she would need him outside of times of crisis he calmly said "then I will always be there."

She glanced over at him, nodding, but said nothing more. It was not her place to say such things, and though while she trusted him, and a small part of her had some form of attraction to him, it was wrong and silly of her to think that way. More important matters were at hand. "So, how much further do we have to go?" she asked him after a few minutes of silence passed.

"At current pace we should be arriving at the city at around sunset." Starting to ride a little faster the air began to get more of a chill so Abraxas sped up the horse so that it didn't get to cold for it and lily. "At this party we are doing two things, you will need to find the individual we seek. He is an elf from the northeast so his skin is dark you will have to snoop. I will be searching for another person that must be taken care of."

She nudged her horse on to keep up with Abraxas, and even with the air getting a slight chill, she enjoyed the fresh air. With a smile, she listened to him, nodding. "I understand. Elf, dark skin." She didn't know how well she could snoop at a party without getting caught, but if it meant this person would be helpful in their quest, she certainly would give it her best shot. "And when I find this person, what should I say to him that won't get me killed?"

Chuckling under his breath he said "win him over with your seductive ways." Winking at her he thought for a minute and decided "tell him that the guardian calls."

She raised a brow at him, hiding her smile, but it soon appeared followed by a giggle. "I think you may have taken me for someone else," she replied, rolling her eyes a little. "And I will tell him this," she said shortly after, keeping the bit of information tucked away. As they continued to ride, she felt her palms gets sweaty and her heart race. She was nervous, and scared she may ruin everything. She sighed, closing her eyes, trying to calm her heart, her breathing. "I hope we get there soon before I change my mind," she teased.

smiling he looked at her "if your heart beats that fast often you will need to worry of a short life. You will do great I have faith in you lily." grabbing a pendant on his neck he murmured a soft prayer

Rolling her eyes, she smirked a little at him. "Some days I wish, but anyways." She listened as he murmured his prayer. While she couldn't make out any words, the sound of his voice was soothing. She sighed, closing her eyes for a few seconds.

Arriving at their destination abraxas helped lily down. Putting a mask on he handed lily hers so that they would fit in at the party. "Don't be so nervous you will be the jewel of the party. After we are in we will dance once and then split, we are going to meet again by the back window."

She looked down at the mask, then placed it over her face. "I sure hope you are right," she said, smiling faintly, as she slipped her arm through his again. "Back window, got'cha. Elf, dark skin..." she said softly, reminding herself who she needed to find. "Guardian calls," she said once more, closing her eyes. "Ready," she said, straightening up, feeling like she could take on the world. "And I warn you, I'm a terrible dancer."

Walking into the big open room with music playing "if you have the coordination to free run then you can dance, only follow my lead."

She laughed softly as they stepped into the room. The music was delightful on her senses, coursing through her. She remembered a time when music filled her life every night as her father played his violin and her mother sang. Sighing, she let him lead her to the dance floor, placing one hand in his, the other lightly resting on his shoulder.

letting her hand rest in his he wrapped her waist smiling softly. Going softly with the music like everyone else abraxas said calmly "see nothing to it my dear you are a natural."

She nodded, following his lead as they swirled around the dance floor to the music. "Yes, I suppose so," she replied. She closed her eyes as they moved about, letting the music feel her ears, their movements graceful. It was a wonderful feeling she had to admit.

The song came to an end so abraxas spun her kissing Lily's hand "let's get to it then." He said with a smirk disappearing into the crowd looking for the gaurds commander so that he can cause chaos in the ranks giving a window along with an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.