What should the setting be based on?

• Original book (One Day at Horrorland)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Direct sequel (Return to Horrorland)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spinoff (the video game)

• Main novella series (self-explanatory)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you doing, get back to reading them.

lol no I am kidding mine are in storage right now getting old. So when you finally pull them out they'll have that used storage smell.
Mmm... used storage smell.
Anyways I've been thinking of the general zones of Horrorland that I'd like to install as hub areas.
They are, as follows, but not limited to:
-Zombie Plaza (a shopping/tourism hotspot)
-Vampire Village (Victorian castles everywhere, you know the drill)
-Werewolf Village (much more like a normal village but surrounded in a thick forest)
-Mad Labs (every villainous scientist's paradise)
-Fever Swamp (a place where you're up to your knees in fun, and mud)
-Terror Tombs (Egyptian-themed, self explanatory)

The hard part is in populating these zones with unique attractions.

Mmm... used storage smell.
Anyways I've been thinking of the general zones of Horrorland that I'd like to install as hub areas.
They are, as follows, but not limited to:
-Zombie Plaza (a shopping/tourism hotspot)
-Vampire Village (Victorian castles everywhere, you know the drill)
-Werewolf Village (much more like a normal village but surrounded in a thick forest)
-Mad Labs (every villainous scientist's paradise)
-Fever Swamp (a place where you're up to your knees in fun, and mud)
-Terror Tombs (Egyptian-themed, self explanatory)

The hard part is in populating these zones with unique attractions.

Boom.

Zombie Plaza is mine. I know I kind of called that fast. But as said I really want to bring in that resurrected corpse man into this RP. Which already is then a whole twist on the attraction.

Let's get all Dead Rising, but with a mix of Call of Cthulu with some fucking cultist n shitttt

^okay sorry you don't have to take my ideas. I just.....got excited.

Reactions: Legens Legentis
Boom.

Zombie Plaza is mine. I know I kind of called that fast. But as said I really want to bring in that resurrected corpse man into this RP. Which already is then a whole twist on the attraction.

Let's get all Dead Rising, but with a mix of Call of Cthulu with some fucking cultist n shitttt

^okay sorry you don't have to take my ideas. I just.....got excited.
No worries! My only requirement is that Zombie Plaza is more focused on shops, theaters, rest areas, etc.

No worries! My only requirement is that Zombie Plaza is more focused on shops, theaters, rest areas, etc.

That's what I am saying

what's more hilariously awesome than to have cultist and zombies in a shopping zone. lol

This all gives me an idea, actually. Let's make a brochure for each of the zones to convey information.
I'm terrible with formatting... so, @YuriLucien how doth thou rate thy formatting skills?

This all gives me an idea, actually. Let's make a brochure for each of the zones to convey information.
I'm terrible with formatting... so, @YuriLucien how doth thou rate thy formatting skills?

Yeah don't ask me. This is how Coding goes between me and Iwaku.

Me, "Okay and there's that"

Something gets messed up and Iwaku fucks it up

Me, "Fuck!"

Me fiddles a bit more, Iwaku still doesn't do what I want

"Fucking give up, I hate you"

Welcome Crimson

It depends on how creative you want the coding to be, really. I wish I was better at it. XD

And Egyptian history nerd here--I'll take Terror Tombs! <3

@Crimson smile Glad to have you with us! :3

It depends on how creative you want the coding to be, really. I wish I was better at it. XD

And Egyptian history nerd here--I'll take Terror Tombs! <3

@Crimson smile Glad to have you with us! :3
So T_T Salty has Zombie Plaza and you have Terror Tombs. Great!
I'll see what I can do with the remaining zones in the meantime. The source material has been pretty helpful thus far.

Reactions: Sir Salty
So T_T Salty has Zombie Plaza and you have Terror Tombs. Great!
I'll see what I can do with the remaining zones in the meantime. The source material has been pretty helpful thus far.

Pretty excited

I am also excited! :3

Vampire Village:
  • The Vampire State Building: A large workplace/living complex dedicated entirely for vampires. Its primary function for tourists, however, is shopping and entertainment. The services are more niched than in Zombie Plaza.
  • Vulture Beach: It's like any regular beach, just without the water. And lots of angry vultures. Consider it a desert with the occasional blood pool here and there from previous visitors.
  • The Roller Ghoster: A thrilling off-the-rails experience through a genuine vampire-infested castle. Seatbelts not included. Needless to say, the cart doubles as a coffin. Pay no attention to the blood moat around the castle.
  • Bat Barn: Literally just a barn where bats swoop down and attack you. Not much else to it.
  • Fang Caverns: Try your luck through a dark tunnel underneath the park with only a flashlight and some garlic against thirsty vampires.
  • Tombstone Tilters: Spin around and around on this frightful (and nauseating) fan-favorite, at least until we decide to let you off. The more you spin, the more you win!
Werewolf Borough (altered from Werewolf Village):
  • Werewolf Petting Zoo: The worst idea ever with equally terrible results.
  • Wolfsbane Forest: Unlike the petting zoo, the wolves here aren't inside cages. There's also rumors of the Headless Horseman stalking anyone who gets lost out there at night. Nobody is really sure because few return to tell about it.
  • Lil' Growlers: A classic lycanthrope-owned restaurant where the guests are served (to the wolves, mind you).
  • Leap of Bad Faith: Bungee jumping over a pit of werewolves is less fun than it sounds when the rope snaps.
  • Silver Bullet Souvenirs: Trust us, you'll need them.
  • Full Moon Drop: What goes up must come back down. In glorious fashion.
Mad Labs:
  • Happy Tooth Game: Hate the dentist? You'll hate this one a lot more once we drill through your teeth.
  • Toxic Dunk: Throw the ball and watch your unfortunate victim melt in a tube of chemicals with names so long that our park technicians have mostly forgotten about them. If you see any leaks, just ignore them.
  • Shock Holler: A roller coaster that electrocutes you at every turn!
  • Brain Games of Pain: This ride is among the most unique in Horrorland. It's a coliseum-like arena with an immovable cart in the center for the brave (yet foolish) guest who decides to hop in. The cart is fitted with a water cannon that deactivates approaching brain monsters that live in jars. Most of the time. But hey, think of all the prizes you could win!
  • Thunder Bumpers: Much like Shock Holler, this infamous bumper-car ride shocks you on impact. In the center of the track lies a gigantic vat of acid that few are keen on falling into.
  • Build-An-Abomination: Take a detour into the park's finest genetics laboratory where you can create your own little monster to take home with you! Horrorland is not responsible for any incidents of maiming caused by your personal abomination. Have a nice day.
Black Lagoon (altered from Fever Swamp):
  • Loch Ness Lake: An artificial lake shaped like the iconic Scottish water beast. There's even a live monster inside for extra authenticity. If you're up for the challenge, try taking a dive in one of our custom steel underwater cages for the real thrills. The main selling point of the lake are the bottomless canoes that visitors can rent as they explore the area. In the event of a sea monster attack, nobly sacrifice yourself so we don't have to feed it ourselves.
  • Alligator Swimming Pond: The second worst idea ever. The slides would be more practical if they didn't lead directly into an alligator's mouth. The diving boards tend to break as well.
  • Coffin Cruise: A relaxing trip in one of our hand-crafted caskets is bound to rattle your nerves. Sure, the coffins might close on you and spiders may envelop your entire body, but that's hardly a downside. Not for the faint of heart due to lack of oxygen.
  • Quicksand Beach: Step in, and you never step out. At least you'll have a nice view of Loch Ness Lake as you sink. Screaming is also not the preferred method for contacting Horrorland's dedicated Afterlife Guards. They won't help you and your screaming is distracting to the other guests.
  • It's Goo for You: Get placed inside a barrel, thrown over a waterfall, and land in a pool of slime! Hopefully...
  • Horror Rapids: A log ride that spends more time underwater with piranhas than it probably should.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: YuriLucien
hahahaa, I like how none of us are humans yet.

I want to make a crazy necromancer/mad scientist! The workers at the mad labs could be like Frankenstein but more alive and crazy. I have a few ideas but i have to figure out how to lay them down in writing.

22fdc72e5f08cd8f616e13c8bc8f1be1.jpg
Sort of how I imagine the workers looking

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Legens Legentis
I want to make a crazy necromancer/mad scientist! The workers at the mad labs could be like Frankenstein but more alive and crazy. I have a few ideas but i have to figure out how to lay them down in writing.

22fdc72e5f08cd8f616e13c8bc8f1be1.jpg
Sort of how I imagine the workers looking
That's a splendid idea! I'd be more than happy to add it.

• Love
Reactions: Crimson smile
Carnival of Screams:
  • Deadly Doom Slide: One of the park's most popular attractions, featuring a mountain of ten individual slides that lead to your doom! Each slide is differentiated from the next so that the scares always feel fresh. Let us warn you about the ninth slide, which goes on forever, if you're not into that sort of thing.
  • Ferris Squeal: Will this modified Ferris wheel break down as you ride it? Yes it will!
  • House of Mirrors: Take a look around. Not only do these mirrors reveal your inner demons, they also make a valiant attempt at crushing you once you reach the other side. Our advice is to remain wary of walls.
  • Terror Teacups: Rated E for Evisceration.
  • Ghost Train: You might imagine that a haunted house ride in Horrorland would be slightly redundant. The twist here is that once you strap yourself in, you have a 50% chance of becoming one of the countless ghosts which haunt the ride. Sometimes the train engineer forgets to stop, so that percentage is only going to go up.
  • Calamity Canyon: The only roller coaster in the entire park to have never been repaired once. Collapsing boulders, decrepit support beams, and projectile cactuses allow this ride to be one of the most unsafe in Horrorland.
Zombie Plaza:
  • Gift Chop: The largest boutique for all your undead souvenir needs.
  • Madame Doom: Nobody is entirely sure how this robotic fortune teller ended up in the park. All we know for certain is that her predictions are never wrong, and usually indicate imminent death (if not worse).
  • Stagger Inn: Simply put, no one can beat the monstrous amounts of luxury we set aside for our guests in Horrorland. 24/7 house-creeping, slime pool, and unrestricted access to our gym-mausoleum will make you want to stay inside forever. For those who keep asking, yes, every room is haunted. Get over it.
  • Ghoul Spa: Unwind after a stressful day of running for your life in the Ghoul Spa! We have sasquatch hair stylists, a zombified masseuse, and wasp acupuncture therapy on standby.
  • Haunted Theater: Monsters from all over the world make the trip to Horrorland annually to star in timeless productions such as "Zombies on Ice", "Cyclops Comedy", and the musical rendition of "Please Get That Giant Scorpion Off The Stage". But that's not all! The beautiful and talented Countess Cabaret brings some of Vampire Village's best entertainers for a mesmerizing performance that will leave you stunned.
  • Psycho Circus: Mutated elephants, reanimated acrobats, tightrope snakes, oh my!
Terror Tombs:
  • Scarab Racers: Have you ever wanted to enter a go-kart race with giant insects chasing you? No? Too bad.
  • Pharaoh's Fairway: A completely non-rigged minigolf course, except that it's inside a pyramid filled with mummies emerging from the shadows. Score a hole-in-one or you're done.
  • Sphinx-Go-Round: You won't believe how difficult it was to attach live sphinxes to a merry-go-round machine. You also won't believe how often they escape and start eating people at random.
  • The Cursed Coaster: Keeping in the theme of pyramid attractions, the Cursed Coaster offers a specialized curse for whichever numbered cart you end up in. The techniques for getting rid of these curses are written in hieroglyphics, so don't ask us how to end your unexpected 13 years of bad luck or that constant rain cloud over your head.
  • Obelisk Swings: It's less of a swing and more of a horizontal catapult if you think about it too much.
  • Anubis' Annihilation: A journey to the underworld is precisely what you'll need after you take our sarcophagus cruise down a demonic hippopotamus-infested river.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.