"How long have I been here? Oh, ages. A super long time since I was a tiny kid-- and I was tiny. I'm short now, imagine me when I was, like, 5. I must have been ridiculously small," laughed Cyan, happy to joke and poke fun at himself, especially if it distracted from going into too much detail. It really wasn't strange for the mutants at the show to share things from their lives, but it also wasn't strange for them to hide the more personal details because of how hurtful and raw it all was.

Every mutant there had been through shit in some way or another, and that was the same for someone as cheery as Cyan. If anything, his cheeriness was a coping mechanism. If he just sat around dwelling on his life all day, he'd be in tears all the time.

"I'd like to leave. Maybe find one of those abandoned cities where only mutants are. We could all live together, the whole show. That's what I want. I'm sure we can get out. Look at us! We could get out anytime we wanted, we're so strong together, all of us. But everyone's lost motivation and they're just... we're all... used to it. I dunno, this is depressing. I hate sad topics 'cos they're sad, I guess."

"Sometimes we have to talk about depressing things," Eliot replied simply as he rand his fingers through the other's hair, simply enjoying how soft it was. His hair was a gnarled mess in comparison... granted, while he wouldn't admit this out loud, but Cyan's appeal was definitely visual. He thought the boy was utterly adorable, and Eliot would be lying if he said it wasn't at least somewhat attractive.

"Hey, I dunno. This place sucks out the energy from you. I just want to sleep all the time - the cold helps, I want to snuggle up to someone warm and sleep late into the night, wake up around 1..."

"I'm aware you like your own space but I'm... you know, I'm always available to snuggle with when the nights are cold. Either that, or you can always borrow one of my dogs, they love their cuddles and I sometimes can't fit them all in bed with me. I try, obviously, but I have some huge dogs that take the room up. You could borrow Opal, if you want. She's a real cutie pie. She's all fluffy and... and she's a Labrador and they're real friendly," he suggested happily, more than content to allow one of his dogs, a part of his little family, to share a few nights with Eliot. He trusted him completely, even after only a few days of knowing him.

"Rusty's the best at cuddles, but... I'd rather keep her with me. She's really old and I don't want to leave her alone," he continued, daring to press a little closer. He had affection from a lot of the mutants, especially some of the women who saw him as a sort of son, but it was always nice to get it from people he found attractive. Eliot definitely fit into that category.

"You don't have to do that, really... though, it would be nice to be able to hold a fluffy dog all night. The bigger the better, my one Mom would always say, and the same applies to dogs." He explainedas he rested his head on his other hand. Meanwhile, the two extra arms held onto himself firmly.

Eliot wasn't the best with affection. He craved it, desperately, but he had grown to be uncomfortable in situations such as the one he was in. The difference, he realized, was the fact that Cyan was so small. The men he 'hung out' with were large and muscular, and human. Compared to them, Eliot was just a bug that could easily be squashed. Cyan, on the other hand, had become the bug - though, rather than hurting the other, he wanted to befriend him just a tad more. He went as far as to smile at the thought of a genuine, long-lasting friendship.

"I... I dunno, you and me cuddling might not be great. You've got the chef, right? If he's the jealous type, that would probably irk him a tad, yeah?"

"I've got the chef? Oh, Dylan, yeah. We've just flirted a little, we're hardly in a relationship, Eli. I mean, would I like to be? Hell yeah, he's super hot. But are we committed? Nope. We aren't anywhere near talking about that so... so hey, if I want to cuddle with you, I'm going to do just that," shrugged the mutant, happily deciding that there really was no reason for him to turn down that opportunity. He and the chef really weren't an 'item', as much as he wanted to be. They were simply fooling around and had been for a day at the most.

"We're buddies. Buddies hug one another, right? And if not, you can definitely take one of my dogs for a few nights. They're real friendly-- besides Rex. He's a little feisty but he's tiny, like me, so he's only able to nip your ankles. it's pretty cute, if anything."

"Small dogs scare me. I'm so worried that I'm going to step on one or something, you know? Break their neck by accident, yeah?" He snorted before pushing himself up from the makeshift bed and instead moved to wrap the elderly fox up properly. "How long do you think they'll keep us here, by the way? I mean, this place can't run forever. Do... you think this new guy looks like he could stand up against them? I mean, he's pretty burly, you know? Probably could knock some human's lights out. That would be pretty cute, yeah?"

"Who, Jaden? Well, yeah! Have you seen his biceps? They're, like, insane-- I'm sure we could leave soon if he was spearheading our attack we'd get to leave, but... people have just lost motivation, I guess. I've been here for years and even I'm a little... disheartened.It's not fun being here, not as fun as I thought it'd be. It's cold, always cold, and the humans are mean and... and I dunno, maybe we could leave if Jaden helped. And Chef, he's totally capable of, like, knocking back a whole bunch of humans with one punch," shrugged Cyan, not hesitating to immediately gush about the man. They may not be official or remotely anywhere near confirming their interest in one another, but he saw a potential romance developing.

So yeah, he was going to happily gush about him like he was his boyfriend.

"And... And if nobody else wants to, we can leave, just us. We'll come back and help everyone, obviously, but we could leave, find a safe place and then help everyone. I... I dunno, I'm definitely up for getting out."

".... you're really cute," he commented as he watched, his lips slowly pulling into a smirk. "I haven't had a good history with other guys, you know? You're just - maybe it's because you're so feminine, I guess - don't take that as a bad thing! God - I... Sorry. It's nice that someone wants to spend time with me and run away with me, for fuck's sake," he hurriedly whispered out before taking a deep inhale.

"I'm sorry, I'm not very good at talking for a long time," he tried to explain, "I'm used to other people talking over me. It's easier, you know? Just letting other people talk. I end up sounding annoying."

"Hey, it's fine-- I'm fully aware that, like, I'm not masculine, but hey, I'm comfortable with how I look. I think I'm cute, you know? And... And looks are deceiving. There was this one human, right, when I was 12? He snuck in and came right to my tent, ranting about how freakish we all were, so I grabbed a chair, got on it and punched him right in the face. I'm just saying. Short and feminine, whatever, but I have a wicked right hook. You don't wanna cross me," beamed the mutant with a playful wink, despite the fact his cheeks had flushed just a little. It was always nice being called cute, especially by someone he thought was incredibly attractive. Did he expect anything to develop between them other than a friendship? No - but a friendship was just as important to him.

"And I bet having all those arms comes in handy in fights, you know? We don't need Chef to, like, accompany us as muscle. We'll be just fine if we're the only ones up for leaving. We're tough, you know?"

"... I never thought about that," he admitted as he flexed his hands, only to purse his lips. "I'm not a violent person, you know? I would never hurt someone unless they hurt me back, you know, or one of my friends? I don't have la problem hurting someone that hurts, say, you. Fuck, man... you're my only friend, aren't you? That's really sad, that you're my only friend in the entire world."

Running a hand through his hair, he rolled to face at the top of the tent as it began to rain hard. The realization was a bit daunting, though, nonetheless.

"That's just-- no, you have lots of friends. That new guy likes you, and Chef mentioned you, he said you were kooky-- and that's good! I like being kooky, you know? Better than being dumb and boring and tedious," he pointed out in the hopes of cheering him up a little. Sure, being counted as his friend was definitely nice, but he felt for him when he seemed to think he had the only one friend. "You have Rusty? She counts as a friend 'cos she's loyal and she loves company and... and she'll just lay with you for hours. She's real good company, I think, so... so she's your friend too. You have us both~"

"That's true," he admitted as he reached to scruff the fox's fur. "The new guy might just be okay with me, you know? Tolerate me. At least, for now... but I hardly know him enough to be friends with him, Cyan. The chef hasn't said a single word to me, so he couldn't be a friend either. This may be shitty, but I don't really want to be here long enough to make too many friends, you know? That sounds really shitty..." he declared quietly as he peaked open an eye.

"Who is your best friend? Outside of Rusty, of course. I mean, you've been here for years, you must have a favorite person."

"I don't really have a best friend, I mean... I like everyone, Eliot. But-- I dunno, maybe I'm a little closer to Barney? He's really nice. We've been friends a while and he looks after Rusty when I can't so I trust him a lot. You know him, right? He's the guy with the tentacles, which I think is awesome. He's really cool looking and cute and... and yeah, I guess he's my best friend," he shrugged casually, this not being a topic he had really given a lot of thought. He was someone who adored every mutant in the show and he classified them all as his friends, but Barney probably had the edge when it came to declaring a best friend.

"He's got these wicked sharp teeth, too. And he's super tall. He's the tallest guy here, and then I'm the shortest, so it's kinda funny, but... y'know, that's fine. He'd like you lots, we can totally go and meet him now if you wanted more friends. He's grumpy and a little mean, but he doesn't mean it. He's nice when you get to know him, I promise~"

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I dunno," he replied in a whisper, his eyes drifting to the edge of the tent. "I don't want to go and get him mad at me, to be honest. I don't need that many friends, I guess, so just knowing that he exists and not to mess with him is good enough for me, you know? I'm not someone who storms in and declares my need to have company, I prefer to do it subtly, I guess," he explained before offering a smile of reassurance.

"Maybe I'll just focus on one person at a time. I really do like the new guy, he seems just as confused as I am. It'll be nice to have that feeling with someone else since you're a pro at everything else. Maybe... I dunno, maybe I just need to be more confident? Go up to him and blurt on about my life or something?"

"I like the new guy, too. He's really, really cute, I think-- you should talk to him before tonight's show. I'm probably just gonna hang out with chef 'cos I'm really bad at the shows. I can't perform, I get anxious, so I'll sit tonight out again. I don't wanna throw up on stage, 'cos Chef says it worries him and... and that's kinda evidence that he cares about me, isn't it?" Cyan began, his thoughts easily drifting back to focus on the man that had definitely captured his heart for the moment. He almost always developed a crush, but with the Chef, Dylan, he had someone who seemed to genuinely like him, if the fact the man had an arm wrapped tightly around Cyan's waist earlier was anything to go by.

"Hey, you have me to talk to, you know? You can always just focus on me until you're less confused? I know I'm annoyingly energetic, but... but I think I'm a nice friend to have~"

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"I mean, yeah, but... you're friends with everyone, and now you're going to be all cozy with the chef, I don't want to take time away from those things," he explained as he pushed the bangs from his eyes.

"I forgot about the show. This is going to be my first performance, Cyan, and I'm going to do terribly. I'll probably drop everything and get laughed at, so don't feel bad - hey, maybe you could work in the kitchen instead?"

"I'm not allowed to work in the kitchen. Chef says I'm too small," he began with a faint shrug, clearly having tried to get a job in there among a few other monsters. Mostly, he just wanted an excuse to be alongside the chef he liked so much, but he knew that was perhaps... silly of him. He was small and he knew he was clumsy, so working with hot stoves and sharp knives really wasn't wise.

"I... I think I'd like to be, like, a babysitter. Lots of people here have babies and I could, like, look after them while they perform. I like babies. I'd totally do that," babbled Cyan as his eyes suddenly lit up at the idea. Currently, any children born were just left alone. He was sure the creatures would feel happier to know their children were being cared for while they performed, and he was more than glad to fill that role. He could spend the whole night in his tent, with Rusty and his animals, and simply caring for the babies. It was a genuinely great idea, he thought.

"I'd love a baby, wouldn't you? Maybe with Chef. Our baby would be totally the cutest thing ever~! And your baby would obviously be the new guy's, right? 'Cos you two are, like, probably soulmates or something~!"

"I'm not having a child, Cyan.That is... ridiculous. I can't even handle myself properly, how the hell could I deal with a child?" He replied in shock as he sat up. Eliot had a tendency to be softspoken and generally someone who just went with the flow, but the whole idea of being with someone, to begin with, made him uncomfortable. Add to the fact that, that person is a near stranger? It was completely off the plate, and he intended to insist that.

"Cyan - no. I'm sorry, but I can't even remember the guy's name. He's suave and definitely charming, but I'm not going to just walk over and shout how I want to have his children. I... I dunno, I'm still trying to get over my last relationship, okay?" He murmured as he squirmed, clearly uncomfortable at the topic as his lips pulled into a frown.

"You've dated before? Really? I... tell me all about it! I've never ever dated anyone, I'd love to. I don't understand how relationships work and that's gonna make me look dumb when I do date chef. He probably thinks I'm super experienced and I'm not," he began, immediately pressing close with his turquoise eyes wide in fascination. Instantly, Eliot became ten times more interesting and twenty times more cool in the other monster's opinion. The fact he'd had a relationship instantly made Cyan stare at him in awe. It was something he'd craved for years now.

"...You don't have to tell me, that's... fine. I just like this stuff. Romance and love and relationships. I find it all kinda cute."

"The relationship wasn't cute. In fact, it's one of the reasons I'm glad I'm here, actually. It was... bad. Really bad, Cyan. I tried to pretend that it wasn't so I could keep this weird idea that everything was alright and that our life was perfect when it wasn't. I was in way too deep before I realized something wasn't wrong, and... now I'm here," he admitted as a pair of eyes looked away from the smaller man, the clear recollection making his cheeks redden and his eyes water.

"You'll find someone nice, though. You're too cute not to, after all - hey, maybe you and that chef can run away together and make a proper relationship, yeah?" He offered once trying to keep up a cheery facade around the topic. Offering a smile, he slowly got to his feet and cracked his back wearily