Anyone else might have taken offence to that, but Maureen was perfectly okay with the comment. If anything, the forthright comment strangely made her warm a tad more to the other mutant as was evidenced by her small smile. "Stop fussing, would you? We wanted to give you a little treat-- and it's only a few strawberries that make it special. Just eat it up-- because I do eat a lot. Do you know ho much energy it takes looking after everyone here, not just my kids? Maybe I shouldn't eat so much, but hey, I think I have a good figure so I don't really care how much I eat--"

"I eat a lot, when I can. Food's pretty slim here though," admitted Cyan as he playfully swiped a strawberry from the other's plate, smiling to himself at the taste. It had been easily two years since he last had one. "But Dylan made this especially for you 'cos you needed it."

Offering a quick nod, it took everything in his being not to begin to cry as he wiped his eyes quickly. Deciding to eat more slowly now that the food was revealed to be such a rarity, he grew quiet, only deciding to speak once taking a sip of water.

"This... I mean, this is amazing, guys. Just - please don't do this again. I didn't deserve this, I'm just some piece of garbage that can't handle situations, " he laughed.

"You know that you put yourself down a lot and that it's really unfair on yourself?" Cyan sighed, moving to lay in the small bed - he was pretty small himself, so he barely took any room away from the other. It was just one of the perks he thought he had being so small - he could cuddle up to some of his friends without taking up much room. "I mean, I... I think you're great. You know how great I think you are? I think you're so great that... that I'm willing to, y'know, try and escape with you if you want? We could totally run off to the abandoned cities where most mutants live, it'd be... cute, really."

His four eyes grew wide at Cyan's words as his free hands nervously fiddled with the hand-knit blanket his one mother made him years prior. Listening quietly, he shifted somewhat in the small bed as to offer Cyan more room, unafraid to hang off a bit. He had slept on concrete before, after all, so hanging off a tad wasn't anything major to him.

"Are you sure? You... I mean, you have so many animals, wouldn't it be bad to leave them? Plus you've been here so long, you'll definitely get noticed once you're gone," Eliot commented quietly, his lips pursing tight together. "I dunno, it's sort of stressful. Plus, Maureen has all of her children - do you know how hard it'll be to sneak out with all of them? Would you convince your cook friend?"

"I wouldn't leave my animals, silly. I'd... I'd take them, I couldn't abandon them-- but we could just leave at night, it'd be easy. Like, I... I'm sure we'd have to knock out and fight a human or two, but that's what Maureen will help us out with-- and Dylan. He's up for this. Ooh, maybe you could ask that handsome new guy? I mean... he's bound to come along. He said to Maureen that he dislikes this place already--"

"We don't need to rush this," calmly murmured Maureen in contrast to Cyan's hyperactivity, setting herself down with a brief glance over her quieter children. "You don't need to worry about anything. If we want to leave, we'll leave. I won't settle for anything less."

"I-I mean, I... I'd love to be able to go out and have fun out in the ruins or something but I can't do that, you know? Well, I mean... maybe, if I had you two," he murmured, more to himself than anyone as he stared down at his feet in clear contemplation. Eventually, though, he sat up a bit with pursed lips before nibbling on the last bit of the oats.

"I dunno. I mean, I just got here, and to just up and leave? That's... I dunno, kind of scary. It takes me a long time to get used to places, you know? Call me lame, I guess. It took me, like, three months to be able to get used to living with my ex," he explained slowly, his lips pursing together tight.