For The Crown (a medieval fantasy RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Starlighter Yeah, we can do that, no problem! I was actually planning on her finding him, so that will work splendidly.
Awesome! I will hold up until you get a chance to post, then.

Reactions: Tarieles
Gonna be posting soon, I have no internet access outside of my phone right now, but my computer should be up and running within the week.

Would it be possible to play an apprentice to a court mage? There hasn't been any explicit mentions of magic or anything (from what little i have seen), so I'm guessing they would be more of an historian and healer, rather then a tosser of fireballs and enchantments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be possible to play an apprentice to a court mage? There hasn't been any explicit mentions of magic or anything (from what little i have seen), so I'm guessing they would be more of an historian and healer, rather then a tosser of fireballs and enchantments.
Hi there :)
So magic doesn't exist in this world, so the role or title of mage wouldn't exist either, but there would be historians or doctors (not so much healers) in the court. Consider this world to be similar to Earth in physics, with some differences, but anything which isn't conceivably possible on Earth wouldn't be there either.

Your character could be the apprentice of a court physician, someone who is in charge of the medicines and such, perhaps someone who concocts medicines and ointments or even poisons, but nothing magical or overpowered. Of course, we don't have a character playing a court physician at the moment, so you could even take up that role if you wanted? PM for more info if you require :)

Maroa leanabh aig Fionnghal
QZw34ICIBpY-xVVhXGRTf1mCAFjj_8WXA6qOArtes9cEI-oKxQPnaD9L6qfEVGb5SMs9TuqYdnbAQh9C9qpv9WLx43OR84AFLB0RWW1SLx5JGoxL89BAawBbhpRyi54aDswRjE0q

Birthdate: 261 NE

Ethnicity
Gàidhlig, or a person born from the Gàidha kingdoms and it's green forests and rolling highlands.

Sexuality

Open to Polyamorous relationships; attracted to feminine presenting people. Especially strong and brave individuals catch Maroa's eye easiest.

Androgynous, but biologically male; Does not identify with any specific gender identities, preferring to not be defined by what bits they were born with or any bits for that matter.
Height: 5'3"
Weight: ~100

Appearance

Moroa is a youthful fair skinned person, of androgynous, almost feminine form. Their hair is chestnut brown, but in some lights it takes a slightly red tint. Maroa's eyes are a pair of large and bright emerald-jade gems that gleam beneath a pair of expressive eyebrows.
They usually robe themselves in simple white robes, similar to their mentor and master Mhoirdheinn the Ancient.

Personality

Maroa is a caring, artistic and intellectual individual. They are quite shy and can have trouble with meeting new people and making introductions. Despite enjoying learning about other people's lives and experiences, they get overwhelmed and retreat inwardly, not wanting to make a fool of themselves.

Art and it's making; Their duties in the library; sunsets; philosophizing on things of all sorts; cuddling; music; maintaining their cosmetic appearance; sweet and floral smells; macabre mythological concepts and the occult; cosmological anything really; redheads

Dislikes

aggression; messy spaces & poor room layouts; horseback riding; strangers; the closed minded; the suffering of others; poor hygiene

Fears

Violence; being unwanted; growing old; dying alone and friendless; disease; rejection

Secrets

They are incredibly lonely and wish someone would take them away on some adventure; Maroa has been reading into and exploring the concepts of dark magic, regardless of whether such things may exist; Moroa knows Mhoirdheinn the Ancient is tasked with making sure that the interests of Cruithr and Gàidha are furthered in the court of Caerleon; They have a big crush on someone who they assume would not reciprocate their feelings (who has yet to be decided.)

Strengths

Extensive knowledge of herbology and alchemical formulae; knowledge of lore both arcane and forbidden; gives a decent massage; can read and write in four languages; very steady hands

Weaknesses

They are idealists, who despite all their logical outlook, still believes in the goodness of people; not particularly strong, moderate at best stamina, and of a low tolerance to pain; they are very in touch with their flight instinct (though that may be for the best?); motion sickness

Backstory

Maroa was born to the witch Fionnghal in the east of the Gàidha kingdoms where it's marshes meat the foothills of the mountainous bulwark that the empire calls kallidine. At that time, the Gaida were under attack by the empire, much of their land claimed by the empires unstoppable iron legions.
3 years passed, and Fionnghal was last seen at Kair Oakenhenge during it's siege in 264 NE by three legions of imperial soldiers. Fionnghal was rumored to have burst into flames and smoke when she was ran through by a legionary, a flock of crows flying out from where she was (propagated by the fact her body was never recovered).
Five after that, a very young Maroa came in toe, Mhoirdheinn the Ancient came to King Leander Esrysson as thanks from the king Cú Ghulainn after his assistance in a short bloody conflict with a petty kingdom neighboring both their lands (a petty kingdom undoubtedly supported by the empire).
From that day forth, Maroa acted as an apprentice assistant to Mhoirdeinn, as he taught and healed in service to King Leander Esrysson.

Family

Mhoirdheinn the Ancient (adoptive parent and mentor); the witch Fionnghal (mother, missing, believed deceased); àrd bhanrigh Medbh (aunt, sister of Fionnghal and current high queen of Gàidha)

Additional info

The Gàidha kingdoms are probably near Giants Jaw. They are many kingdoms, with an agrarian infrastructure. People of neighboring kingdoms think of them as "savages", them having largely been separated from their neighbors technologically and sociologically.
They have a high king (or queen as of the moment) who is elected by the other kings, and loosely holds sway over all other kings and queens in the area.
Gàidha has in past centuries been known for it's piracy and raiding, though of late that has become incredibly rare, and the High Queen has made such actions against those who are not explicit enemies punishable by law. This is likely in a move to modernize and keep up with their neighbors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sivilia
Maroa leanabh aig Fionnghal
QZw34ICIBpY-xVVhXGRTf1mCAFjj_8WXA6qOArtes9cEI-oKxQPnaD9L6qfEVGb5SMs9TuqYdnbAQh9C9qpv9WLx43OR84AFLB0RWW1SLx5JGoxL89BAawBbhpRyi54aDswRjE0q

Birthdate: 261 NE

Ethnicity
Gàidhlig, or a person born from the Gàidha kingdoms and it's green forests and rolling highlands.

Sexuality

Open to Polyamorous relationships; attracted to feminine presenting people. Especially strong and brave individuals catch Maroa's eye easiest.

Androgynous, but biologically male; Does not identify with any specific gender identities, preferring to not be defined by what bits they were born with or any bits for that matter.
Height: 5'3"
Weight: ~100

Appearance

Moroa is a youthful fair skinned person, of androgynous, almost feminine form. Their hair is chestnut brown, but in some lights it takes a slightly red tint. Maroa's eyes are a pair of large and bright emerald-jade gems that gleam beneath a pair of expressive eyebrows.
They usually robe themselves in simple white robes, similar to their mentor and master Mhoirdheinn the Ancient.

Personality

Maroa is a caring, artistic and intellectual individual. They are quite shy and can have trouble with meeting new people and making introductions. Despite enjoying learning about other people's lives and experiences, they get overwhelmed and retreat inwardly, not wanting to make a fool of themselves.

Art and it's making; Their duties in the library; sunsets; philosophizing on things of all sorts; cuddling; music; maintaining their cosmetic appearance; sweet and floral smells; macabre mythological concepts and the occult; cosmological anything really; redheads

Dislikes

aggression; messy spaces & poor room layouts; horseback riding; strangers; the closed minded; the suffering of others; poor hygiene

Fears

Violence; being unwanted; growing old; dying alone and friendless; disease; rejection

Secrets

They are incredibly lonely and wish someone would take them away on some adventure; Maroa has been reading into and exploring the concepts of dark magic, regardless of whether such things may exist; Moroa knows Mhoirdheinn the Ancient is tasked with making sure that the interests of Cruithr and Gàidha are furthered in the court of Caerleon; They have a big crush on someone who they assume would not reciprocate their feelings (who has yet to be decided.)

Strengths

Extensive knowledge of herbology and alchemical formulae; knowledge of lore both arcane and forbidden; gives a decent massage; can read and write in four languages; very steady hands

Weaknesses

They are idealists, who despite all their logical outlook, still believes in the goodness of people; not particularly strong, moderate at best stamina, and of a low tolerance to pain; they are very in touch with their flight instinct (though that may be for the best?); motion sickness

Backstory

Maroa was born to the witch Fionnghal in the east of the Gàidha kingdoms where it's marshes meat the foothills of the mountainous bulwark that the empire calls kallidine. At that time, the Gaida were under attack by the empire, much of their land claimed by the empires unstoppable iron legions.
3 years passed, and Fionnghal was last seen at Kair Oakenhenge during it's siege in 264 NE by three legions of imperial soldiers. Fionnghal was rumored to have burst into flames and smoke when she was ran through by a legionary, a flock of crows flying out from where she was (propagated by the fact her body was never recovered).
Five after that, a very young Maroa came in toe, Mhoirdheinn the Ancient came to King Leander Esrysson as thanks from the king Cú Ghulainn after his assistance in a short bloody conflict with a petty kingdom neighboring both their lands (a petty kingdom undoubtedly supported by the empire).
From that day forth, Maroa acted as an apprentice assistant to Mhoirdeinn, as he taught and healed in service to King Leander Esrysson.

Family

Mhoirdheinn the Ancient (adoptive parent and mentor); the witch Fionnghal (mother, missing, believed deceased); àrd bhanrigh Medbh (aunt, sister of Fionnghal and current high queen of Gàidha)

Additional info

The Gàidha kingdoms are probably near Giants Jaw. They are many kingdoms, with an agrarian infrastructure. People of neighboring kingdoms think of them as "savages", them having largely been separated from their neighbors technologically and sociologically.
They have a high king (or queen as of the moment) who is elected by the other kings, and loosely holds sway over all other kings and queens in the area.
Gàidha has in past centuries been known for it's piracy and raiding, though of late that has become incredibly rare, and the High Queen has made such actions against those who are not explicit enemies punishable by law. This is likely in a move to modernize and keep up with their neighbors.
Accepted :)

Reactions: Galvantic
I made my first post, but I'm not sure I set it up well. :/ I was trying to set it up so i might bump into Keadan Lorgain. (Though I'm cool with whom ever! ^u^) (also is this where I should be posting OOC? Or is there somewhere else?)

I made my first post, but I'm not sure I set it up well. :/ I was trying to set it up so i might bump into Keadan Lorgain. (Though I'm cool with whom ever! ^u^) (also is this where I should be posting OOC? Or is there somewhere else?)
This is the place for OOC, don't worry, and your first post was just fine :))

I'm sorry, I have to drop out of this

I'm sorry, I have to drop out of this

Ahh no that's a shame :(
Thanks for telling me though, I suppose I'll take up the role temporarily until we can find a new player

@Galvantic running into Keadan is totally fine by me! I was planning for him to bump into Shadia though, so as long as @Tarieles is fine with it(?) as well, that'll probably be the direction of my next post. :D

Gonna have a post up by tonight :)
For Dominic

Reactions: Starlighter
Will reply so soon as zee prince does. Just waiting on @Kinton Nyr

Status
Not open for further replies.