For The Crown (a medieval fantasy RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys ^^ Just wanting to get myself acquainted as I'm possibly going to be one of the new members of this RP.

Name:
"I.... am a God.."

General (Morvan) Thorux

"My iron will never rust, my teeth shall always pierce ever so sharply.."

Birthdate:
"My beginning shall always be told as the mountain who rose. My mother shall always be known as the Titan of monstrosities.."

7th July, 240 NE

"The eyes of this man... they will be known to be the eyes of a dragon.."

Male

Ethnicity:
"May my origin always be remembered as the Isle of Agony and Dispair, that they know where this monster bore from."

General Thorux was born within a land of little knowledge outside of itself. A very isolated island, filled with and known for its mountains, and quite large in comparison to other islands. This was always known as Giant's Jaw.

Sexuality:
"My love is for the blood of my enemies, that I shall feast upon their hearts, be woe'd by their cries of pain, their shouts of retreat. My incense shall be the smell of dissipated life and dried corpses."

Asexual, though rarely he has heterosexual thoughts or traits for a small amount of time.

Height:
"I am a tower of Might and Fear. Hear my bellows and crumple merely from my voice!!"

7'8"

Weight:
"My strength is that of Giants, my momentum that of the leopard. My footprints will be glorified by the war priests for eons to pass."

650 lbs

Appearance:
"..Now... Witness he who you shall pray never to cross."

b3454f66928cc515f6b7965d4a16b13a.jpg

75b16c439f21eda5d68516505e056c96.jpg

Thorux bears no fat upon his body, and if he does, it does not show. He is a brute; A monstrous man that turns the heads of all who he walks by. Many a time during combat have his opponents saw him from afar and fought elsewhere, for they knew certainly what he would bring upon them.

Personality:
"Cursed is he who falls upon the end of my blade. Blessed is he who is behind it."

General Thorux is, in all senses, a Highlander. His morals are that of companionship and brutality. He wields family and hatred both in one hand. He seems to be either one's greatest friend, or their worst enemy. When he decides he does not like someone, he will go out of his own way to ignore them, aside from physically removing himself. However, once someone catches his attention, or he finds appreciation for them, he shall speak to them more often than not, and rarely greet them first. However, this being said, this general is not one for speaking, and is mostly heard in conversations of politics and tactics that must be rehearsed or edited. His main concerns with life are that he is healthy, and his kingdom is defended. As well as that his axe shall always deliver a mortal blow to whomever holds the throne.

"Shall he who appreciates my hungers be just as crazed? Shall I find him upon my side of the battlefield, or theirs..?"

Thorux Enjoys: Fighting, Conversing over tactics, politics, combat, death, intensity, arguing (To a point), eating, gloating in private, and any recruits

Dislikes:
"But shall he be that of decrepit, miserable life. Shall he truly be of weakness is only then I will despise him and reach for my axe."

Thorux does not enjoy: Long conversations, romance, spending time away from his training grounds or his quarters, his time being spent uselessly, time away from the king, and failing. Mostly, mostly failing.

Fears:
"Shall one day the dark embrace me with the unknown, only then will my bellows of manic violence echo into the void."

Thorux suffers from a mighty level of Nictophobia, which causes him to take medication for such a disease it is so bad. He often hallucinates, imagines monsters in the dark, ghosts in the castle halls. To this day he is is afraid of the shadows, as well of telling anyone about it.

Secrets:
"Shall my soul be transparent, but my hammer visible until it crushes my foes' skull.."

Thorux holds no secrets. All of his information is spilled over to whoever he is loyal to.

Strengths:
"My arms will hurl Mountains!! I shall stomp a canyon to existence! May my roars of eternal Hellfire ignite the battlefield, to set it aflame brighter than any catapult may ever!! My rage will burn like a mark upon a cattle from its sufferable brand. I will make the Dragons envy my rage, the Giants fear my blows. I will become Eternal."

If not known already, the main strengths Thorux has are his physical might and his extreme intelligence upon the battlefield as a commander. He wields the axe, the flail, the shield as well the sword, all up-close weapons with precision and skill. His physical pain endurance is quite fair as well, capable of withstanding quite a few blows. However, his greatest strength comes from that with his own fists, capable of defeating people disarmed more often than with his weaponry. However, he tends to use weapons the majority of the time.

Weaknesses:
"...But like any God upon his way to High Rock... I will first suffer my toll... may my steps be light and few, upon the mountainous path to Veranok."

Though Thorux appears to have quite an advantage upon other people, he does have his flaws. For one, he trusts in honor and transparency too much, as that is himself completely. He will be manipulated into believing something easily. His emotions are not controlled whatsoever outside of his authority's company. He cannot wield a bow to any good measurement. He tends to struggle with his sexuality, as he cannot find a fair maiden attractive, yet wishes for kids. When enraged, he becomes less level-minded, becoming ignorant and blind-sighted to actions or words.

Backstory:
To know of Thorux is to know of his people, the tribes of Giant's Jaw.

This was a barbaric land, rich in food, in minerals (Due to the plentiful mountains and caves), but as well, in beasts. Enormous cats, dogs the size of ten men with jaws that could break shields. This is indeed an island of pure ferocity. But luckily enough, so are its human inhabitants.

The tribes are of seven, going as such in population:
Bolk, Truv'Kad, Keeth, Bark, Leriok, Iron, and Stone.

Thorux was born in Stone, the harshest of the tribes. Settled for unknown reasons upon a breeding grown for these beasts, their people were few, but mighty. Be it the air from the trees or the nutrients from the animals is unknown, but upon that grown were the largest men to be born. Thorux was one of the smallest, in truth. Which shocked him when he finally made it to Caerleon.

He was beaten, abused, mistreated for his lack of strength in his family. They tried their best to convert him into a warrior, and for the most part they did. But he was too small. Their way of life upon that island was that of physical might and survival superiority. It became a religion. Each weapon had a God who made it, each combat style a Titan who was destroyed by it. Thorux was addicted to this lifestyle, as he was so desperate to be accepted by his own family. There, upon that rock, at Stone, where giant things slept, there alone was where the harshest were made.

But upon one day, a beast awoke from its slumber.

A monster, to say the least. A mighty creature from the dark, with black hide and unimaginable distinctions Thorux will never speak about. It was dark, yet he still found every detail upon this beast. He alone was alive, his family slaughtered as he hid, six years old when a mining patrol from Caerleon found him, as well the beast, and fended it off quickly using their torches, the light making the hideous being screech back into the woods it came from.

And so from there was he brought into an entirely different world, something of far stranger traditions. Coins to trade, bartering instead of fighting. This land was very... peaceful. Thorux did not like that. And within short time had he found delight in realizing there was such a thing as war, among these people. Quickly did he begin training, as he was not old enough to battle with his comrades upon the battlefield. However, in time, he proved to be one of, and if not, the mightiest warrior one could ever bear witness to. He was indeed in love with bloodshed. It was his religion, after all. And so those upon the battlefield had grown to give him a title, where no other could best suit him, as he spoke of them for so long. Gladly he accepted it, as they nicknamed him, 'The War Priest.'

Though he was a worthy combatant for the Empire which he was adopted into, he soon found a form of convincing: Money. A man, stern and wealthy, bought his arms from the military, and ever since he has followed him as his personal bodyguard.

Family Members:
"I will always be he who was birthed from the Agony of this world. For what Titan has ever had a brother? My mother is the Battlefield."

Thorux has no known or living relatives to this day by blood or bond.

Theme Song:
"And with that... my drums of war will sound through the skies. All who are opposed to my stance will cower in fear, pray to their meaningless superiors that they might be protected. My breath will be a poisoned fog to cover over my realm, and I will rule the wars with a mighty staff in hand. I, will be victorious."

Additional info:
"Look upon me, mortal. Witness my scars and know: I am real, and I am coming."

As of right now, General Thorux is considered a free-roamer. He travels with a man by the name of Hadrian, and has for some time.

Aside from that, General Thorux holds three, large, draping scars over his face, in the pattern like that of a feline animal slashing his face. However, he does not speak of these scars, and becomes tender upon the discussion of them.

Rumors spread fast, and because of this, people outside of the Empire know that such a being is, or was, within their military. They heard of his terrible actions during the wars, his horrendous appetite for violence. And because of that, those rumors caused yet a second title. They named him, 'The Emperor's Giant.' And needless to say, they can guess who that is once they look to see this warrior, bearing a golden military necklace around his neck.​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: sivilia
Name:
"I.... am a God.."

General (Morvan) Thorux

"My iron will never rust, my teeth shall always pierce ever so sharply.."

Birthdate:
"My beginning shall always be told as the mountain who rose. My mother shall always be known as the Titan of monstrosities.."

7th July, 240 NE

"The eyes of this man... they will be known to be the eyes of a dragon.."

Male

Ethnicity:
"May my origin always be remembered as the Isle of Agony and Dispair, that they know where this monster bore from."

General Thorux was born within a land of little knowledge outside of itself. A very isolated island, filled with and known for its mountains, and quite large in comparison to other islands. This was always known as Giant's Jaw.

Sexuality:
"My love is for the blood of my enemies, that I shall feast upon their hearts, be woe'd by their cries of pain, their shouts of retreat. My incense shall be the smell of dissipated life and dried corpses."

Asexual, though rarely he has heterosexual thoughts or traits for a small amount of time.

Height:
"I am a tower of Might and Fear. Hear my bellows and crumple merely from my voice!!"

7'8"

Weight:
"My strength is that of Giants, my momentum that of the leopard. My footprints will be glorified by the war priests for eons to pass."

650 lbs

Appearance:
"..Now... Witness he who you shall pray never to cross."

b3454f66928cc515f6b7965d4a16b13a.jpg

75b16c439f21eda5d68516505e056c96.jpg

Thorux bears no fat upon his body, and if he does, it does not show. He is a brute; A monstrous man that turns the heads of all who he walks by. Many a time during combat have his opponents saw him from afar and fought elsewhere, for they knew certainly what he would bring upon them.

Personality:
"Cursed is he who falls upon the end of my blade. Blessed is he who is behind it."

General Thorux is, in all senses, a Highlander. His morals are that of companionship and brutality. He wields family and hatred both in one hand. He seems to be either one's greatest friend, or their worst enemy. When he decides he does not like someone, he will go out of his own way to ignore them, aside from physically removing himself. However, once someone catches his attention, or he finds appreciation for them, he shall speak to them more often than not, and rarely greet them first. However, this being said, this general is not one for speaking, and is mostly heard in conversations of politics and tactics that must be rehearsed or edited. His main concerns with life are that he is healthy, and his kingdom is defended. As well as that his axe shall always deliver a mortal blow to whomever holds the throne.

"Shall he who appreciates my hungers be just as crazed? Shall I find him upon my side of the battlefield, or theirs..?"

Thorux Enjoys: Fighting, Conversing over tactics, politics, combat, death, intensity, arguing (To a point), eating, gloating in private, and any recruits

Dislikes:
"But shall he be that of decrepit, miserable life. Shall he truly be of weakness is only then I will despise him and reach for my axe."

Thorux does not enjoy: Long conversations, romance, spending time away from his training grounds or his quarters, his time being spent uselessly, time away from the king, and failing. Mostly, mostly failing.

Fears:
"Shall one day the dark embrace me with the unknown, only then will my bellows of manic violence echo into the void."

Thorux suffers from a mighty level of Nictophobia, which causes him to take medication for such a disease it is so bad. He often hallucinates, imagines monsters in the dark, ghosts in the castle halls. To this day he is is afraid of the shadows, as well of telling anyone about it.

Secrets:
"Shall my soul be transparent, but my hammer visible until it crushes my foes' skull.."

Thorux holds no secrets. All of his information is spilled over to whoever he is loyal to.

Strengths:
"My arms will hurl Mountains!! I shall stomp a canyon to existence! May my roars of eternal Hellfire ignite the battlefield, to set it aflame brighter than any catapult may ever!! My rage will burn like a mark upon a cattle from its sufferable brand. I will make the Dragons envy my rage, the Giants fear my blows. I will become Eternal."

If not known already, the main strengths Thorux has are his physical might and his extreme intelligence upon the battlefield as a commander. He wields the axe, the flail, the shield as well the sword, all up-close weapons with precision and skill. His physical pain endurance is quite fair as well, capable of withstanding quite a few blows. However, his greatest strength comes from that with his own fists, capable of defeating people disarmed more often than with his weaponry. However, he tends to use weapons the majority of the time.

Weaknesses:
"...But like any God upon his way to High Rock... I will first suffer my toll... may my steps be light and few, upon the mountainous path to Veranok."

Though Thorux appears to have quite an advantage upon other people, he does have his flaws. For one, he trusts in honor and transparency too much, as that is himself completely. He will be manipulated into believing something easily. His emotions are not controlled whatsoever outside of his authority's company. He cannot wield a bow to any good measurement. He tends to struggle with his sexuality, as he cannot find a fair maiden attractive, yet wishes for kids. When enraged, he becomes less level-minded, becoming ignorant and blind-sighted to actions or words.

Backstory:
To know of Thorux is to know of his people, the tribes of Giant's Jaw.

This was a barbaric land, rich in food, in minerals (Due to the plentiful mountains and caves), but as well, in beasts. Enormous cats, dogs the size of ten men with jaws that could break shields. This is indeed an island of pure ferocity. But luckily enough, so are its human inhabitants.

The tribes are of seven, going as such in population:
Bolk, Truv'Kad, Keeth, Bark, Leriok, Iron, and Stone.

Thorux was born in Stone, the harshest of the tribes. Settled for unknown reasons upon a breeding grown for these beasts, their people were few, but mighty. Be it the air from the trees or the nutrients from the animals is unknown, but upon that grown were the largest men to be born. Thorux was one of the smallest, in truth. Which shocked him when he finally made it to Caerleon.

He was beaten, abused, mistreated for his lack of strength in his family. They tried their best to convert him into a warrior, and for the most part they did. But he was too small. Their way of life upon that island was that of physical might and survival superiority. It became a religion. Each weapon had a God who made it, each combat style a Titan who was destroyed by it. Thorux was addicted to this lifestyle, as he was so desperate to be accepted by his own family. There, upon that rock, at Stone, where giant things slept, there alone was where the harshest were made.

But upon one day, a beast awoke from its slumber.

A monster, to say the least. A mighty creature from the dark, with black hide and unimaginable distinctions Thorux will never speak about. It was dark, yet he still found every detail upon this beast. He alone was alive, his family slaughtered as he hid, six years old when a mining patrol from Caerleon found him, as well the beast, and fended it off quickly using their torches, the light making the hideous being screech back into the woods it came from.

And so from there was he brought into an entirely different world, something of far stranger traditions. Coins to trade, bartering instead of fighting. This land was very... peaceful. Thorux did not like that. And within short time had he found delight in realizing there was such a thing as war, among these people. Quickly did he begin training, as he was not old enough to battle with his comrades upon the battlefield. However, in time, he proved to be one of, and if not, the mightiest warrior one could ever bear witness to. He was indeed in love with bloodshed. It was his religion, after all. And so those upon the battlefield had grown to give him a title, where no other could best suit him, as he spoke of them for so long. Gladly he accepted it, as they nicknamed him, 'The War Priest.'

Though he was a worthy combatant for the Empire which he was adopted into, he soon found a form of convincing: Money. A man, stern and wealthy, bought his arms from the military, and ever since he has followed him as his personal bodyguard.

Family Members:
"I will always be he who was birthed from the Agony of this world. For what Titan has ever had a brother? My mother is the Battlefield."

Thorux has no known or living relatives to this day by blood or bond.

Theme Song:
"And with that... my drums of war will sound through the skies. All who are opposed to my stance will cower in fear, pray to their meaningless superiors that they might be protected. My breath will be a poisoned fog to cover over my realm, and I will rule the wars with a mighty staff in hand. I, will be victorious."

Additional info:
"Look upon me, mortal. Witness my scars and know: I am real, and I am coming."

As of right now, General Thorux is considered a free-roamer. He travels with a man by the name of Hadrian, and has for some time.

Aside from that, General Thorux holds three, large, draping scars over his face, in the pattern like that of a feline animal slashing his face. However, he does not speak of these scars, and becomes tender upon the discussion of them.

Rumors spread fast, and because of this, people outside of the Empire know that such a being is, or was, within their military. They heard of his terrible actions during the wars, his horrendous appetite for violence. And because of that, those rumors caused yet a second title. They named him, 'The Emperor's Giant.' And needless to say, they can guess who that is once they look to see this warrior, bearing a golden military necklace around his neck.​
Accepted :))

• Love
Reactions: Hyydra
Anyone thinking of posting soon? Things are going a little... slow.

I will see if I can post later today, @VengefulPeanut. I got a bit wrapped up in the Complete Works thing and was planning to finish that first, but it's taking longer than I thought XD

I'll finally be posting this weekend for both of my characters. Expect a post by tonight!

I'll finally be posting this weekend for both of my characters. Expect a post by tonight!
Awesome :) Looking forwards to it
I'll get another post up in the mean time just to keep things moving along

• Love
Reactions: munchkinomatic
I don't want this to make me sound pushy, needy or horrible, but do you imagine the posting speed will be a bit faster soon? I prefer my RP posting speed to be quite high otherwise I tend to lose interest and I've been waiting for a week to post.

Ugh, sorry for my lack of posting, and honestly if you wanna kick me I won't blame you, real life is being shitty to me. I have most of my post done, but haven't had the energy to do much more with it. I'm hoping my brain stops being awful to me soon.

I mean, I don't mind dropping out if it's easier for the majority to have a slower posting speed :)

@VengefulPeanut

Yeah you're right, I was going to give everyone a chance first but I'm going to start pushing people into making faster replies. I do understand if people are unable to post for real life issues, and some of you have told me that you'll be unable to make a post for a while which is fine, but I haven't heard from certain members since they posted their character sheets. I'm going to give them til Friday to post - if they can't, I'll have to recast their roles or kill them off - but in the meantime, I'm just going to push on with the rp

Reactions: Starlighter
I should be able to post quicker pretty soon, like I said. Classes are lightening up now and my mental state will likely be getting better soon. Again, sorry for everything that's been happening.

I'm stranded character-wise at the moment. Sorry. :(

Okay I'm officially recasting the role of the queen, I haven't heard from @Shayla in over a month :L

As for the king, I have heard from @Tarieles and I know he's trying but his role is vital, I'm going to message him now and ask if he would consider letting me take over his character for the time being just to move the story along until he's ready to come back

Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Hey, I just want everyone to know that I am feeling tons better, and will be posting tonight! Sorry for everything, but I am officially ready to get this on the road again.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: VengefulPeanut
Done a recent post. So what's happening with Shayla's queen?

I mostly just have formatting and minor edits for the anthology-ish thingy, so I'm planning to get that up within the next couple of hours, and I'll try to post after that!

Status
Not open for further replies.