Fate/Vagabond Ardor

As a GM I take people at face value when they tell me they can make the time commitment for a game. As a person, yeah, it's nerve wracking to sit and wait especially when, by being here, you are someone dedicating time and effort to a thread. The New Years might have been a little hectic for a lot of people so I'm trying to get out with some friendly reminders that we're still here.

Reactions: Supremacy
Derivatives of Charisma are truly the bestest of Personal Skills.

@Epsir Yo, the AssMaster duo are in the Sau Paulo Cathedral, hunting for the Overbro. Think that'll require a response from you?

Yup, it looks like the last post left off in the perfect place for introducing the overseer.

I'm sorry for my low post rate, I've been dealing with some depression and the possibility of losing my trailer due to not having a job. I'll try to get a post up tonight.

@ERode @MechanicalHorse
Sorry for the delay, have fun in the church. In addition, we now have an NPC booklet attached to the first post.

@ArmoredScout
That sounds terrible, but I greatly appreciate your correspondence and keeping us informed. Thanks for keeping us posted even as things get sorted out, and good luck.

@Jitt
Another person I owe an apology to, I've tried to get in touch with your partner since they appear to have been dormant for quite a while. I'm not sure if you are in private contact with them or not but I have so far been unsuccessful. I would assume that they're still busy which is quite alright but I don't expect any player that's still here and active to have to wait that long. If you'd like we can start talking about whatever we'll have to do to unfreeze your character, be it myself or someone else running another Servant or just getting Christopher into some misadventure on the side as we see if Vania will return.

@Supremacy
You're not quite in the same boat yet but I'm also trying to get hold of your partner who has not disappeared in the same way. I'll keep you updated on how that progresses because I don't want to keep anyone who is here waiting on the behalf of someone who is not. Rest assured, if we do end up with vacancies which, is practically inevitable in this medium, my Co-GM and I are perfectly content to fill them. Almost definitely the 'I' since Drowsy is already playing two characters.

@Supremacy
You're not quite in the same boat yet but I'm also trying to get hold of your partner who has not disappeared in the same way. I'll keep you updated on how that progresses because I don't want to keep anyone who is here waiting on the behalf of someone who is not. Rest assured, if we do end up with vacancies which, is practically inevitable in this medium, my Co-GM and I are perfectly content to fill them. Almost definitely the 'I' since Drowsy is already playing two characters.
I am waiting for the person to post their character so we could get to plotting together, but I'm patient and I'm willing to wait. I will try and get a starting post going, though. Work has just been getting a lot more busy. Hopefully the weekend slows things down enough to allow me to get into the mood and think some things up.

@Epsir I haven't heard from them in a little over a week, but in their defense, they said that they'd try to get a post out every week or so, so I assume their schedule is busy. I'm willing to go with whatever you think is best, but it's not looking promising for having them be back soon at this point.

pokes head in
You guys still in need of a Berzerker character?

@Raijinslayer
Well, yeah, actually. I was trying to have a Berserker NPC bio ready to go for when I broke the news here for @Supremacy but our Berserker player has officially withdrawn from the thread. The spot's yours, and I'd be glad to help you with any questions or concerns you have in making the character.

@Supremacy
Ditto the above, but I'm glad to hear you're not overly troubled by any of the waiting. Hopefully things will have cleared up by the time we're situating our new Berserker in the thread.

@Jitt
I can't help but feel like any decision I make is a little premature when they said they were aiming for posting once a week, especially since they were nice enough to communicate their schedule if not this current disappearance. I tried ten days ago to get in touch with them and they seemingly haven't logged in since well before that. There's no sense cracking down on someone who has done nothing but be courteous and contribute, but we don't really have a choice. As things turned out @DrowsyPangolin actually has a Caster that, to me at least, seems like a great match for your Master ready to go unless there's someone not already running a Servant that's interested in the spot.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Supremacy
@Raijinslayer
Well, yeah, actually. I was trying to have a Berserker NPC bio ready to go for when I broke the news here for @Supremacy but our Berserker player has officially withdrawn from the thread. The spot's yours, and I'd be glad to help you with any questions or concerns you have in making the character.

@Supremacy
Ditto the above, but I'm glad to hear you're not overly troubled by any of the waiting. Hopefully things will have cleared up by the time we're situating our new Berserker in the thread.

@Jitt
I can't help but feel like any decision I make is a little premature when they said they were aiming for posting once a week, especially since they were nice enough to communicate their schedule if not this current disappearance. I tried ten days ago to get in touch with them and they seemingly haven't logged in since well before that. There's no sense cracking down on someone who has done nothing but be courteous and contribute, but we don't really have a choice. As things turned out @DrowsyPangolin actually has a Caster that, to me at least, seems like a great match for your Master ready to go unless there's someone not already running a Servant that's interested in the spot.

@Epsir I haven't heard from them in a little over a week, but in their defense, they said that they'd try to get a post out every week or so, so I assume their schedule is busy. I'm willing to go with whatever you think is best, but it's not looking promising for having them be back soon at this point.

I do have a Caster that I'm fully down to introduce! If anyone else would like to fill the spot they're more than welcome to, but otherwise @Jitt if you want to we can figure out how to do this.

@Epsir Cool. Sorry for the delayed response, been trying to think of a good idea. I think I'm going to go with my own take on Roland then . . . Unless you could possibly entertain one of my weirder ideas of either A)Letting me app Fenrir as a Berserker or B)Letting me usevthe Beasy Class in place of the Berserker class to run Fenrir?

@Raijinslayer
No problems. I'd recommend Roland from those three just because of the concepts you listed Roland gives you the most freedom to write a character without running headfirst into the lore. I'm totally for trying different things though, and I'm really interested to hear what your take on making Fenrir work for a Holy Grail War is. Berserker is definitely the class to be if you do start statting him out. I might eat my words on that when Grand Order reveals that one of the Beasts is actually Fenrir, but even if they did this war is definitely not meeting the conditions to summon one. In that way I can see him paralleling Medusa's explanation for being a Rider, the Gorgon taking human form, and Fenrir has a great reason for holding a bit of humanity in him since he's Loki's kid.

@Epsir Been busy with life and all recently, so if you could just assume that Yarankash slipped off to play with the girls in your Overseer post, I'd appreciate it.

@ERode
No problem, thank you for the heads up and good luck with things. I'll try not to push things in the cathedral along too quickly.while you're away.

Alright boys, I figured I should update, the financial situation is as of current stabilized. We back in it 100%.

Reactions: DrowsyPangolin
I should get a post up tomorrow or the day after. Sorry for the wait.

• Thank You
Reactions: ArmoredScout
@Akashi @CasketCase
Much appreciated Akashi, I'll look forward to it. I was going to avoid throwing encounters at groups while they do their meet and greet but I see you two are getting moving. If you've got plans following observing the church, I don't wanna interrupt them but if Team Rider is fishing for something to do there are some other observers they can definitely bump into.