Fate/Vagabond Ardor

Is it time? Is it TIME?!?!

Alrighty, one brain-damaged Lancer, coming up.

[spoili]

True Name
-------

Class
Lancer

Alignment:
Chaotic Good

Appearance:
650710c16b21adcccf2bc3aa362de5e1.jpg

Stats
Strength:B
Endurance:C
Agility:A
Magical Energy:A
Luck:E-

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance A: Ignores magecraft of rank A or lower.

Personal Skills:

Saint Graph Distortion D: The flawed nature of Lancer's summoning has caused his container to become distorted. As a result, his memory has become clouded and he is incapable of remembering certain details about himself. His physical form is also not entirely stable, and under duress may experience certain abnormalities.

Charisma A+: Lancer has a remarkable natural charisma about him, and easily bends the wills of others to his own. There is an unearthly charm about him that almost seems to mesmerize those he speaks to. In particular, women seem to be more heavily affected by this skill. In the context of battle, Lancer's presence inspires those who fight alongside him, even against impossible odds.

Iconoclast B: Due to some major event in his past, Lancer has a great distaste for all things "holy". As a result, his attacks are more effective against enemies or constructs related to the Divine. For some, nothing may be allowed a pedestal. That which is sacred must be pulled down from its lofty position, that which is revered must be challenged.

Voyager of the Abyss B+: A skill granted to one who has confronted the primeval void. This skill manifests as a single-minded determination that overpowers any outside corruption. Any attempt at mental interference, magical or otherwise, is nullified. In addition, this skill serves as a sort of pseudo-Battle Continuation. It doesn't actually provide him any unique endurance, but instead allows his mind to persevere even if his body is broken. Because of his distorted Saint Graph, the end goal that Lancer is striving towards is blurred and distant. Still, he pushes toward his veiled destination with unyielding determination.

Weapon:

Lancer's spear is a strange, otherworldly construct. The entirety of the weapon seems to gleam with a white-hot light that pierces even the darkest of shadows and burns with a terrible heat. The state of the weapon seems to flow between liquid and solid with little distinction between the two. The size and mass of the weapon also seem indeterminate.

Noble Phantasm

Eosphorus
Prideful Fire of the Dawn

B+

Anti-Army

This Noble Phantasm calls upon an innate kinship between Lancer and the planet Venus. Upon use, Venus will momentarily gleam with a spectacular light overhead, temporarily blinding any that look upon it. Simultaneously, Lancer's spear soars into the air, melting and reshaping itself into six molten spheres. As the light of Venus fades, the spheres fall one-by-one from the heavens, striking the ground and exploding in a torrent of otherworldly fire. These fires can continue burning for up to six days, so long as Lancer is alive.

The significance of this Noble Phantasm is lost to Lancer. In truth, were he not in such a distorted state, he would almost certainly have a different Noble Phantasm. As it stands though, the connection between Lancer and the celestial body for which his spear is named is strong enough that he may deploy this Noble Phantasm without being aware of his own identity. Perhaps, somehow, he will find the truth amidst the falling lights...

Personality
Lancer champions freedom above all else. He is a rebel at the very core of his being, feeling fiery indignation toward any who would claim authority over him. In his current state, however, he is uncertain where this hatred of oppression comes from. Regardless, he feels a natural inclination to challenge even the smallest of tyrannies. Beyond this, he is a witty and charismatic fellow with a likable, tasteful disposition. There is a sense of confidence and certainty about him, despite his disoriented state. He finds the world to be a fascinating place and has a keen interest in people in general. The Grail is also an object of great interest to him, though his wish has been lost along with his memory.

Legend
Due to the distortion of his Saint Graph, Lancer is wholly unaware of his own legend.

Summoning Catalyst
The failed summoning of a Saint.​

[/spoili]

Oh shitttttttt.

watch

@Epsir Should I wait for a post from you or Akashi, or can I just go for da kill here?

@ERode roll initiative I think I'll make one last post involving mostly the Overseer before this kicks off, since Elfriede is in the hot seat now. She doesn't know she isn't target #1 yet, so we can offer @Akashi 's character a spot on Team Overseer until there's a masterless Servant or something similar.

Wait, what do you mean?

@Akashi
Well, it's looking like there's going to be a fight in this cathedral and with Akise on his own for the time being, it's probably in his best interest to pick a side. Since he's the only person in the room not yet acting like he's going to kill an Overseer, she was going to ask his opinion in my next post. If you want to post before that and take this somewhere else that's cool too.

Go ahead and post.

Kuzuki = Bazette > Kotomine

Shit going down eh?.. DAMN!

I've given Epsir the go-ahead to make a new post without my going, mostly so I can build some more things for Yukari to do instead of hiding behind cover like it's Gears of War 1, sorry for the lack of communication it's been a bit of a messy week over here. @ERode @Akashi

• Thank You
Reactions: Akashi
Should have known better when you saw that the empty cathedral was full of chest high walls. This game has a lot of lancers too...

Oishi here has a CS but Iwaku's RTF editor started duplicating spoiler tags when I tried to place him in our mess of an intro post so when I wake up I'm going to have to do that again in BB. On the other hand I may do what I did for Mary and just start posting characters and fragments out here in the OOC. If there's anything silly in the post or I misread something please let me know, been a little under the weather for a bit. Happy Easter, peeps.

Oh and welcome back @Telute !

Last edited:
RIP shoulda gone for the stabby face stab after all, but alas, Yarankash didn't want to return a corpse that was riddled with holes. I'll get a post up after rereading some hijinks.

Oh ye, on behalf of any sneaky masters wanting to get a glimpse of the garbage boi, @Epsir how does his DnD character sheet look?

Just as a note i'll most likely finally get a reply up either very late tonight or early tomorrow, work and energy permitting. Sorry for the slower speed of late folks.

I profusely apologize for all delay in my response. Strangely, Iwaku never informed me of any updates, so I was unaware of how much had happened until I decided to go take a look for myself.

Prematurely, I already made a post, so I apologize once more if I threw the rotation out of order or if my unintentional absence had ended up causing my character slot to be taken by another. If so, I'll delete it.

@MechanicalHorse @ERode
Sorry for the delay I gave it a shot but I'll just put the CS out here. It should be pretty easy to just note in-post what changes with Day Lantern being what it is but I'll ship some extra explanation to Mechanical while you guys are making good use of the Master-issue Scouter.

Hagakure

PqLexau.jpg
Stats:

Strength: D
Endurance: D
Agility: E
Magical Energy: E
Luck: E

Alignment: Lawful Good

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: E

Cannot cancel spells, but reduces the overall effect of successful actions somewhat. Unlike the more storied warriors of Japan who cleaved apart sinister oni or danced on the edge of possibility with their bladecraft, this hopeless ronin was embroiled in a tale of men and nothing more. Their Magic Resistance is a trapping of the Container itself, and is reflected at minimum rank.

Independent Action: D

A wayward Servant with no regard for their Master, what might normally be earned by an independent streak or legendary stamina is in this case little more than a blatant disregard for duty. For better or for worse, the absence of a Master has little effect on their ability to act and if the link of sustaining mana were to be outright severed, persistence for at least a day would be possible with proper conservation.

Personal Skills:

Lantern at Day: B

The Servant's presence is one of pointlessness, like a lantern lit at midday. The blackened armor of the samurai is full of cracks. Its components are salvaged, waste materials from local smithies and subpar leather scales poached and prepared in secret. As a physical defense, it is wanting, full of gaps and undesirably fragile. The Servant's armor does not protect, it conceals. Every action, every mannerism is falsehood, something that surpasses disguise into the willing denial of oneself. When the figure behind the mask speaks, it is with a voice slurred and scented by alcohol. When they walk it is not with the gait of a warrior, but the sheepish ambling of a disgraced pensioner. It is difficult to discern the competency, much less the personal abilities, of the shameless fool behind the odious armor. The Servant's abilities are distorted, with known capabilities and parameters manifested at lower ranks than possessed.

Weapon(s):

Jūmonji yari

The Servant's spearmanship is perpetually in question, but the legitimacy of the weapon brought to bear by the warrior is certain. The style of spear is noteworthy for its long central blade, accompanied at its base by two bladed wings gently curving upwards. Thick spines characterize the blades, the lengthy tang suggesting that the weapon was crafted with nothing in mind save surviving the rigors of battle. The shape and integrity makes it ideal for parrying away the strikes of sword wielding enemies, with an agility made possible by the polearm's relative shortness to its peers. Unlike bracing pikes or cavalry spears, the yari in question is under two meters long including its blade.

Uchigatana

No matter the identity of the Heroic Spirit, the sword is at the center of those associated with the image of the Samurai. The same is true of this decrepit soul, and at their side hangs a wooden sheath, held aloft by a simple cord belt rather than a dignified sash. The striking sword within is plain, not the sort of weapon that legends are written about but one that a legend came to wield all the same. Its overall length is matched decently enough with the arm length of the wielder, suggesting an eye for swords if not an abundance of finances. A flat metal square serves as the guard, fastened atop a wooden hilt obscured by woven silk. The blade is unsigned, comprised of sparkling steel

Noble Phantasm(s):

Lordless
"Story of the Disgraced"

A
Anti-Unit (Self) Class
Description:

The mind of a lost man is unclear. In the depths of confusion and despair glimpsed through his presence flashes of silver remain, the long held vestiges of honor lost and a blade yet held in unfaltering, calculated vengeance. The reek of blood surrounds him, crimson shed from the self and taken from those honored in battle. Only battle remains in the future, the forge which purifies the mind and incinerates the body and its evils. Death looms, the black veil of penance smothering human things like possibility and hope. Loyalty, violence, death. All this soul is allowed is cast in three words. One day, the warrior will hide no more.

Personality:

The mask does not speak. The mannerisms of a dead man are all as they should be, characterized by silent acceptance of the world that is. While fitted for battle, as best that their degraded form may be, there is a still indifference to their being. Stoicism which befits a Servant is the most outwardly noticeable trait. It may only be because of the armor's weight, but there is an unfliching stability to their presence which suggests that no motion is undertaken without grim purpose. To believe such a thing would be foolish however, as outside of these brief glimpses of stationary confidence the Servant is a shame to behold in motion, shambling one way or the other with drunken confusion and slouching under the burden of the gear which supposedly made them a hero. If they even have a personality it's one dominated by alcoholism and whimsy, stopping for music and show as if there were no finer things in life. As they do not speak it can be difficult to ascertain the specifics, but given their propensity for indulgence it's at least possible to get a feeling for their likes and dislikes by observing the Servant's behavior.

Legend:

Many contemptible souls who claimed to walk the path found themselves without a Master, and many refused to accept the death that would excuse them for failing to hold purpose. What warrior would ever desire a blade that could not hold an edge? As blades themselves they had an obligation, a necessity enforced by blood and shame. The only way to fall further would have been to forsake all one's honor and fail to recognize that loss of purpose. They were an ugly lot, consigned to become sellswords and criminals. Those who earned their way back to life with dutiful service forever held that dark time in their hearts, and those who never did grew grotesque of heart, never again embodying the Samurai in whole. This Servant is unfortunate enough to be one such wandering sword, that much made apparent by their attire and the clear ignornace of the warrior's code allowing their charade to continue.

But even among the Ronin there were legends.

@CasketCase
It would not the first time I've heard of that happening and there's been a couple of posts in here that I didn't get a ding for. After what's gone on with adding characters to our OP post I can definitely understand that Iwaku's site gives people a lot of issues. Thanks for coming back at all, really! It can be pretty daunting to try and re-immerse in an RP but hopefully with things as they are we can put you and Rider back on track.

Your character slot was not taken by anyone else and there's nothing wrong with the rotation, so no worries there. There was... Some implication in past posts that Rider was engaged in combat outside of the Cathedral with the trashman who just showed up and another accomplice, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Between the two, If you prefer sticking with what you've got and expanding the scene Rider is in now both are totally valid ways to progress, and Rider not actually being outside of the cathedral can be explained without anyone having to rewrite anything.

@CasketCase
It would not the first time I've heard of that happening and there's been a couple of posts in here that I didn't get a ding for. After what's gone on with adding characters to our OP post I can definitely understand that Iwaku's site gives people a lot of issues. Thanks for coming back at all, really! It can be pretty daunting to try and re-immerse in an RP but hopefully with things as they are we can put you and Rider back on track.

Your character slot was not taken by anyone else and there's nothing wrong with the rotation, so no worries there. There was... Some implication in past posts that Rider was engaged in combat outside of the Cathedral with the trashman who just showed up and another accomplice, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. Between the two, If you prefer sticking with what you've got and expanding the scene Rider is in now both are totally valid ways to progress, and Rider not actually being outside of the cathedral can be explained without anyone having to rewrite anything.

I'll take another look at all the posts so far and rewrite what I got. Shouldn't be too much of issue to have her start where my post originally had her and work her closer to outside cathedral to take out the trash.

Finally got a reply belted out, many apologies for the ridiculous delay.