Fate/Vagabond Ardor

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Vania and Akashi
@CasketCase How about it? Your servant and my master paired up? I dig your character's personality btw :)

I can see a lot of potential between both our characters.

I guess I should go ahead and actively try to pair up.

@Vania are you interested in pairing up? We could form Team Use-The-Grail-To-Kill-All-Of-The-Monsters-Forever-For-Real-This-Time.

Reactions: Vania
@CasketCase How about it? Your servant and my master paired up? I dig your character's personality btw :)

I can see a lot of potential between both our characters.

Sure. Time to set sail and plunder some Holy Grail booty.

Reactions: Akashi
I guess I should go ahead and actively try to pair up.

@Vania are you interested in pairing up? We could form Team Use-The-Grail-To-Kill-All-Of-The-Monsters-Forever-For-Real-This-Time.
Sweet. Yeah, let's form— Nuuuu! Monsters are love, monsters are life, and the Fox ears and tail are god!!!

Glad to have you as a master ;)

@Vania

Posted! Looking forward to a classic Grail War with absolutely zero twists or dark schemes. Just a good ol' fashioned battle-shonen Grail War, definitely.

@Vania No worries! I'll try to have a reply up in a few hours at most.

By the way, I'm not totally familiar with etiquette on Iwaku just yet; is it standard to ping an RP partner when a post has been made or is that just considered pushy?

@Jitt

People sometimes do that for slower paced RPs where it's been over a week or two and a new post might have slipped by without anyone checking, but I figure most people involved with a group thread have it followed so that they receive notifications whenever a post is made. Some threads have really active OOCs where that kind of constant correspondence would never seem pushy, while it might be in others. I've never heard of a golden rule because every set of partners is different, as unhelpful a thing to say as that is.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jitt
ayy, sorry for being gone so long. Got a new job, and have been helping on my family's farm. Should be able to slam up a post tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

@DrowsyPangolin

Nickname: Angel
Elemental Affinity: Wind
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Origin: Purification
Appearance:
anime_boy_brunette_sword_sadness_14165_1080x1920.jpg
Magic Circuits
Number: B-
Quality: C+

Magecraft/Abilities:

Shared Perception (Limited): Though limited, He is able to share part of his senses with another. With lack of proper practice, this is nowhere near perfect.

Lesser Wind Manipulation: With this, Angel is able to control the direction of the wind currents in the air. He cannot change the speed the wind is flowing, nor is he able to change winds created by another, only natural winds. The winds he does control will have traces of mana flowing with the current. Someone who could sense this can trace it back to his position should they follow the current.

Greater Wind Force: Angel is able to create sudden, and powerful, bursts of wind either directional or around him. The strength of the wind is determined by the amount of mana he decides to pour into it. There is no records saying that he was able to kill someone with this, though.

Other Abilities:
Firearm Proficiency: Years of practice and self-taught training allows Angel to be proficient with a number of firearms. Most notably are ones designed for long-distance, his preferred fighting style.

Forgery: Through his years, Angel acquired the talent of creating IDs for himself to suit his needs. He has multiple alter egos to go from should the need arise. Though, should someone recognize from face value alone, he has little to defend himself from there. That is when he usually leaves the area for good.

Mystic Codes:

Either stolen or obtained through a different means, Angel has four decently charged mana batteries in the form of crystals he could use to replenish his mana. Doing so releases mana in the air around him and leaves a trail on him for a short while.

Another item he has is a keepsake from his mother. One that she told him would protect him and keep him safe, but it is merely a good luck charm at best, of course.

Weapons/ Other Belongings:

His preferred weapon is his TAC-50 Long Range Sniper. Angel acquired a few favours over the years and used them to get this into his hands. Due to it's size and prep work, he rarely uses this firearm other than his usual business. He only has one magazine holding five rounds with fifteen in reserves. Because of this, he would have to manually load his reserves into the magazine should he require more shots.

Angel has another firearm in the form of the Glock 17. A more of a self-defense weapon. He carries no more than three loaded clips on him.

Personality:

Many things can be said about Angel; that he's cold, cares about little to nothing in his life, desperate, and yet, his intentions remain pure at heart. Negativity with pure intentions. That would be the way to describe Angel. He attempt anything to achieve his goals, even if it means cutting off every ties and connections he ever had, whether it be friends or family.

Doubt and fear cloud his heart, regardless, he pushes forward. His virtues in life are strong, even when he wonders if they are right. He believes what he is doing is for the greater good in the world. That he is on the side of what is right, and that you are either fighting for the greater good with him, or simply against him. To him, there is no grey little area in the middle, and he will dispose of anyone in his way.

Short History:

Angel grew up as an only child in a family of magi. His family wasn't well-revered or known for anything great in the world of magi. They were simply a loving family together. Thanks to his mother, most of his beliefs and ideals came from her. She taught him to always strive to improve the world a better place for the people living in it, even if it just meant making at least one person smile. It would mean there is one more smile in the world than there is frowns. Now, it sounds like a childish dream to have, but it was something he truly believed in back then.

Angel acquired his skills in magecraft through the teachings of his parents. He wasn't a prodigy when it came to magecraft. He simply was as efficient as his parents was in magecraft revolving the element of wind.
It wasn't until his very late teens that he got into protests with groups that promoted clean air and healthy environments, all that good stuff. No matter how much they rallied, no matter how much signatures they got, nothing helped them achieve their goals. Angel did this for years and, slowly but surely, got fed up with it. They weren't doing anything. Everything they were doing was pointless. People at the top of corrupted businesses weren't going to listen to a couple of people who disagreed with them. Such pointless fighting, and for little to no return. Angel wasn't going to make the world a better place doing this. He needed to take action. Someone had to.

Then came the faithful day. Whether it was fate or by pure chance, he met up with a big name in the corporation he was protesting against for years. Angel remembered that his hands moved before his mind thought of it. Using a gun he bought for self-defense(?), Angel ended the man's life with a single shot. With one shot he was able to do more damage to the corporation he was protesting against that years of protest couldn't even come close to doing. In his mind, he dealt the world a favour with one action that multiple ones couldn't. If he was to create a better world, he realizes that he must first cleanse the world of people who are doing more harm than good in it. With the world cleansed of such people, his dreams will finally be realized.
Because of his action, he went into hiding. Angel abandoned his family and the people he came to knew to go on this lone crusade. Through the years of hiding, he was able to train himself to be efficient and to use what skills his parents taught him to his advantage, though he was still in training with them, he was able to make due with what he had.

Since he went into hiding, he was able to take out several more people that he decided was plaguing this world. The more he killed though, the more it dawned upon him that his dream would be impossible. He could only do so much before he would eventually be caught. More would simply just take the place of those he killed faster than he can take them down anyways.

He couldn't let these doubts remain in his mind, though. Angel needed to focus on his next target. Someone who funded many of the corrupted businesses and corporations that he had his eye on for awhile now. If he cut off the flow of funding, he could deal several blows at once. He can think on whether or not he will be able to achieve his dream or not. All that was on his mind now was getting to São Paulo.

On the way to São Paulo, though. Angel has been having dreams, visions of the city, and sounds of voices deafening his ears. The dreams wouldn't stop. They always woke him up with a cold sweat. It wasn't much later until he woke up with something more than a cold sweat. A mark. A red seal-like insignia on the back of his hand. A sign he is meant for something greater. He has never heard of this before, but what he does know, is that he needs to get to São Paulo sooner; for more than one reason now.

After one retcon that has been reset, and multiple times that my work has been erased, it is finished finally.

@Supremacy

And I can finally say welcome aboard. I'll get him added to the list of characters. As the last remaining unpaired players, it seems like you and @cojemo will be forming team Berserker when that CS is posted here. Feel free to write your introduction whenever you please.

Pretty awkward to be paired with someone with a history of poofing, tbh.

• Useful
Reactions: Sightles