c37cbc00ef6fddbbc38ab01debc37de0.jpg

Magic Circuits
Number
A
Quality
B

Magecraft/Abilities
Shared Perception (Perfect):
Seth is capable of sharing the senses of a familiar perfectly. He can see through their eyes and hear through their ears as if they were one and the same. Typically, up until this point, Seth has only used this ability with Lleyse, though he would be able to replicate the process with a Servant, so long as they were willing.

Spiritual Authority:
The singular focus of the Finch family, for years has been to allow concrete interaction with souls and spirits. Using the information in his Magic Crest, Seth is capable of interacting with and manipulating spiritual bodies in a variety of ways. He is capable of communicating with spirits directly, though he cannot always understand their replies. In addition, he is capable of subduing low-level spirits. He is also capable of binding such spirits to material objects. Seth's magecraft is ineffective against particularly powerful spiritual bodies, such as Servants or Elementals.

Soul Transference:
A technique studied by the Finch family for generations, but first executed by Seth's mother. This magecraft, born from a desire to replicate the Third Magic, succeeds in the separation of soul and body, though in an imperfect way. The soul is removed from its human container in a fragile, malformed state. The soul cannot survive on its own in this state, even if it is placed into a new container. As such, the soul must be fused with an existing spirit. Seth's mother used this process to fuse her soul with Lleyse. Seth has never executed this magecraft, though he has access to it through his Magic Crest. Though Sarah Finch used the magecraft on herself, it could theoretically be executed on another person, so long as the subject was wholly supportive of the process.

Other Abilities

-Skilled in handling animals

-Speed Reading

Mystic Codes

Lleyse
57da605fa69ce44f4b50155b24a5df4c.jpg

History
Lleyse is a peculiar machination of Seth's mother. The Finches had always had a deep interest in spirits and the soul. Lleyse was originally a Black Dog, a particular classification of spirit frequently mentioned in the folklore of the British Isles. Black Dogs, at least as they are known in folklore, are often seen as bad omens that lurk in places of death. There are a few exceptions to this, or perhaps the nature of these creatures was just misunderstood. Regardless, at some point in the past, some particularly brave Finch ancestor made a contract with a Black Dog named Lleyse, a contract which has been renewed by every generation since.

Seth's mother, Sarah, took a particular interest in the monstrous family heirloom, and made numerous in-depth examinations of the creature's nature. As her health declined, her studies only grew more intensive. Her only heir was young and inexperienced, a dangerous position for a young magus to be left in. He needed to be protected. Eventually, Sarah came across accounts of Guardian Spirits, powerful meldings of human souls with nature or animal spirits. She devised a last ditch effort to ensure her son's safety. First, she had Seth make a contract with Lleyse. Following this, she used her knowledge of spirits and the division of the soul to merge her own spirit with Lleyse's. The imitation Guardian Spirit was somewhat successful. "Human" characteristics were imposed upon the spirit that was Lleyse, and her capabilities were greatly increased by the experiment. Unfortunately, Sarah's spirit was almost wholly muted in the process. Thus, Lleyse is capable of thinking and reasoning on a human level, but is utterly incapable of communicating these thoughts in a human way.

Nature
Lleyse was an attempted recreation of a Guardian Spirit through the process of merging a human soul and and existing spirit. The process was wholly imperfect. It created a facsimile of a Guardian Spirit, that is, Lleyse is an example of human values being imprinted upon something that isn't human. This, however, is where the similarities end. Lleyse is incapable of communicating as a human (though she can receive and interpret information logically). Due to the rough nature of the spirit's formation, it has also lost the ability to take on an invisible spirit form. This malformation, while inconvenient, does have its positives. Because Lleyse contains the soul of a magus, and because her manifestation is somewhat more concrete than it should be, she is capable of generating a portion of the prana necessary to maintain her existence. The remaining prana is supplied through the connection to Seth, who thankfully is naturally gifted with high reserves. Finally, as an imperfection recreation, Lleyse is considerably weaker than a true Guardian Spirit would be, though still more powerful than the sum of her parts.

Abilities
Disguise
Since Lleyse is incapable of assuming an invisible form, she has developed the ability to disguise herself as an ordinary dog. This ability conceals her monstrous nature from the average person, though particularly sensitive magi would likely realize something was amiss.

Unnatural Strength
Lleyse possesses a great deal of physical strength, equalling the power of a Monstrous Beast. Servants obviously far surpass this threshold, and a magus uniquely skilled in reinforcing their own body might be able to approach Lleyse's level of ability.

Inception(Fear)
Tied to Lleyse's original nature as a Black Dog, she is capable of inciting fear and panic in humans. Howls from a Black Dog trigger a sense of primal fear in human beings through the use of aural magecraft. Magi can resist this effect to varying degrees.

Tracking
Lleyse is extremely skilled in tracking, and is excellent at perceiving latent evidence of magecraft.

Hellfire Coat
In her fully revealed state, Lleyse's coat ignites in black flame, causing serious damage to anything unlucky enough to touch her.

Weapons/ Other Belongings
-A backpack containing numerous books
-A smartphone

Personality

Seth is a shy, melancholy boy. He has a nervous, wary nature about the world around him and often feels uncomfortable in social situations. He has no cruelty in him, and has no real desire to harm those around him. Still, he has convinced himself that violent action may be necessary, though his resolve has yet to be tested. Truthfully, he is terrified by the prospect of taking part in the Grail War, though he tries his best to conceal this fact. He has little confidence in himself or his abilities, feeling weak but simultaneously being ashamed of hiding behind others.

Short History

Seth was born into the Finch family, an English magus family with a somewhat respectable history. His father died when he was quite young, and he grew up with his mother, who taught him the basics of magecraft at an early age. His childhood was a rather solitary one, as his mother was extremely protective of him. He came to understand his responsibility as the family's sole heir, a title he both took pride in and resented.

Seth's mother, Sarah Finch, became quite ill around the time of her son's tenth birthday. Over the next few years, as her health continued declining, she fell upon a singular focus: ensuring her son's safety after her death. Her efforts culminated in an attempt at recreating the Third Magic. She bound her soul to a spirit that had been in the service of the family for generations, creating a "false Guardian Spirit". Unfortunately, the process rendered her incapable of communicating as a human. Seth never fully understood his mother's actions. He began researching some way to correct the problems with his mother's final experiment. When he was chosen as a Master, he saw it as a stroke of fate.

@CasketCase

Yeah I'm always surprised to see the spread of what gets brought to Fate threads. Since things are pretty much coming together I'll be putting our IC thread up soontm, which means it's time to start prodding people to pair up.

@DrowsyPangolin

This is normal

@Telute

No worries, it's not even next monday yet. Good luck with exams though.

Aighto, looked through the Master CSes thus far, and I shall extend my offering of partnership to either @MechanicalHorse 's edgy yakuza mage girl or @DrowsyPangolin 's shota + dog wombo. Personally, I've always enjoyed contrasting pairs instead of homogenous ones, so the party boi + mommy's pet/TSUYOI would be ideal, probs.

I'm down to take on the frat boy @ERode , it'll let me do more Yakuza references and fight people myself if hes off banging someone or eating at Sizzler.

Last edited by a moderator:
@MYTH* I'd be honored to pair up with you! Thanks for considering me!

Can't wait to see the thread go up, y'all.

I'll continue to follow tradition and let one of the remaining masters pick Rider. All I ask is that they offer her some good booze and that they're not easily sea-sick.

Yarankash wants Saber. Carry pls.

I'll let any Servants with a particular preference pick if they want; it's almost more fun ending up with a random combination than deliberately going for synergy.

Glad to see everyone is pairing up nicely. I've put our IC thread up, although there's no need to rush towards a start until we have people in place. That said, if you're in a concrete group and plan to stay there, feel free to get started.

On a more administrative note, I haven't been able to get in touch with @Psyga and from what I can see they haven't been around since they posted their character sheet for Lincoln. I really hope that doesn't mean something happened to them, but in any case there's no choice but to consider the Master and Servant slots they reserved as open. In the worst case scenario where they never do return, either I'll handle Team Berserker as NPCs or maybe some late-comer will pop in here and depending on the case I'll try to accommodate them into the thread.

The other two Masters yet to come in seem to be still with us, although I'll try to ascertain that as best I can going forward, and that means minus an entire team, we'll still have a Servant and Master for everyone. If this proves not to be the case I'll gladly throw a Master into the running to cover whoever gets left out, or plot shenanigans can be arranged. Thanks to everybody for sticking around the couple weeks it's taken to get things running.

EDIT: Oh, and the IC thread I forgot to link: OPEN SIGNUPS - Fate/Vagabond Ardor (It's also attached to the first post)

Well I decided to take the plunge and be the first one to enter the grinder, so let me know if I need to type less or edit to make more sense. Happy to get rolling with you lot.

4th post, and as we all know, four is death. Looking forward to rocking the boat with y'all.

Hey, everyone! I am one of the servants that need to still get a character up. My post got erased for the third time, so that's fun. A lot of fun. But, I hope to get it done soon!