Fate/Shattered Gospel (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we are, one Saber. As promised, I'll drop her if there's no room. True to my M.O., she may well require some modification if she gets consideration. In the meantime, I'll finish up my Master.
[spoili]

Servant

e342f3a040fd2d3d7ab965673d266f9c.jpg

True Name: [spoili]Cordelia[/spoili]
Class: Saber
Alignment: Neutral Good

Stats
Strength: A+
Endurance: A+
Agility: B
Magical Energy: C
Luck: B

Class Skills
Magic Resistance - Rank B
Saber can cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for her to be affected.

Riding - Rank C
Saber can flawlessly ride vehicles and animals that received a proper training and adjustment.

Personal Skills
Charisma - Rank B
Saber possesses sufficient charm and talent for uniting to lead a nation as its Queen. The morale of military forces she commands is extremely high.

Pioneer of the Stars - Rank A+
Saber possesses the unique Skill given to heroes that became turning points in human history. All difficult voyages and challenges which are considered "impossible" turn into "events that can be realised". By honing herself into an invincible existence and riding into battle personally against hordes of enemies whose only objective was her death, back then she became a person who can take the only possible condition of failure and transform it into a path to victory. Her original Rank in this Skill is C, but she managed to raise it thanks to the determination of her Unfaltering Diamond Heart.

Unfaltering Diamond Heart - Rank A+
A super-composite Skill combining Determination of Steel with Imperial Privilege. Saber's resolve and tenacity are already beyond any human, allowing her to learn any talent she finds to be needed with unyielding willpower. In this case, the relevant Skills are Riding, swordsmanship, fine arts, Charisma, Eye of the Mind (True), Knight Tactics, Disengage, and Battle Continuation. It is thanks to this Skill that despite a Servant being a static existence, it is completely possible for Saber to grow further as both a person and a Heroic Spirit.

Weapon
Blunt sword

Noble Phantasms
Cair Lerion
Cage of the King's Reason
Anti-Unit (Self) Class
Rank C-
A pair of golden vambraces. They are incredibly durable, and Saber often uses them as shields in battle, but they do not offer an ideal amount of protection. Their properties forgotten, they sat innocuously among crown jewels for years until they became lost to time.

A crystallised form of Saber's unshakeable sanity, they are a mental armour as much as they are physical, defending her from effects that damage her psyche and distract her from her goals. With Cair Lerion, Unfaltering Diamond Heart, and her potent Magic Resistance, it can be said that it is all but impossible to damage her mind by force.

In addition, they aid the healing of her body, repairing wounds and replenishing stamina at a rate that allows her to fight for days on end without rest. It is not a miraculous blessing that renders her invincible, but it is an invaluable edge against Servants superior to herself in destructive power, especially as she is armed only with a sword that is beaten enough to qualify as a club.

Each vambrace possesses these effects independently, albeit weakly, and so it is theoretically possible to pass one to someone else to share their effects. However, because they are weak on their own, Saber is reluctant to do so in the first place.

███████
Shattered Crown of XXXXX
Anti-Unit Class
Rank D
A sword without a single trace of mana left inside it, blunted and broken from overuse, even its tip long since snapped off. A sorry excuse for a blade that has suffered all manners of fatigue and yet still was not lowered for a single second. It is entirely possible to even pity it, and yet it was somehow still sublimated into a Noble Phantasm.

Worn and degraded, the blade will continue to take damage in battle, deteriorating further and further every time Saber uses it, but no matter how damaged it becomes, it will never break. If it can degrade with use however, then it is not out of the question that it might be able to be repaired...

[spoili]
Cortana
Restored Crown of Mercy
Anti-Fortress Class
Rank A++
A Last Phantasm, a holy sword of incredible strength, the symbol of the Isle that was fought for endlessly by the King of Knights, the blade that coronates the sovereign of Britain, the child of the Sword of Selection from so long ago. The Golden Sword of the Victorious, which crowned the king of Albion, was destroyed and reforged by the Lady of the Lake. If Excalibur can be called the "remade form of the premature Caliburn", then Cortana is similar to the "completed state of Caliburn", a sister to the lost blade that never came to be.

It is a divine sword of justice, forged in the same fires and from the same steel as the unbreakable Durandal using Caliburn as a model. With its true name released, it unleashes an arc of silver light that fells any and all it strikes, cleaving the earth and sky alike without restraint. However, the damage it inflicts is almost never lethal. It relentlessly and brutally pushes the target to their utmost limits, inflicting exactly enough damage to break their spirits and quell their murderous intent, but so long as this is possible, this is all the blade will do, and its victims will be left alive so long as they are willing to surrender. For those like Saber herself however, with indomitable willpower and refusal to back down, mercy is truly impossible.
[/spoili]

Personality
"I am a Saber-class Servant. I am a knight. But first and foremost, I am a queen. I hail from a fallen kingdom where the skies burned black with hatred and the ground was soaked in scarlet ichor, and I fought to save it as it fell. I laboured day and night to become a titan of war, and I surpassed every one of my knights in combat so that I would be fit to defeat every army that opposed me personally. This sword was not forged by me, but I wielded it regardless until it was but a blunt slab. I suffered millions of wounds, but I did not once hesitate as I moved on to my next opponent. Despite this, I did not hate them in the least, and I did not kill a single one of them, because while they fought with conviction, they fought with good in their hearts, and to slay a good person would cause me to lose sleep at night. I did not kill anyone that day, or the day before, or the day before, because to watch a good man become great is what brings me happiness. I fight for that reason, for those ideals, and no matter what, I won't lose to anyone."

Saber is a firm, solid young woman whose emotions are like steel. She carries herself with weight and she fights with unparalleled brutal force. A paragon among paladins, she never exercises a modicum of restraint, never shows a hint of exhaustion, and never gives an inch to submission. Her decisions are final and her mind is unshakeable. Once she has made an oath, no force on Earth is capable of making her go back on her word. Her personality is not that of a human, but rather that of a force of nature. In that sense, to call her "unstoppable" would not be an exaggeration in the least.

Despite her fearsome determination however, she is inherently good at heart, and so long as there is even the slightest chance that an enemy will correct themselves, she will adamantly refuse to kill them, and a Master who would force her to is chief among "people that cannot be forgiven". That is a small group indeed, and she is willing to show mercy to any and all, believing that everyone deserves a second chance. That does not mean that she will not respect the convictions of her opponents however, and if she feels that it matches her own and it cannot be swayed, then she will honour that conviction in a battle where she will not patronise them with the kindness of clemency. She believes there is virtue even in darkness, so it is unlikely that any Heroic Spirit or even their Masters would be people she deems irredeemable.

She is very willing to discard the law in favour of what she believes to be right, and she is the kind of person who can forgive even murder. To her own Master, her steel will make its front first, as if evaluating them, but she will slowly warm up to them as they demonstrate their light to her. Indeed, she is before everything a queen, so it is only natural that she adores everyone around her.

Legend
[spoili]
Cordelia was the youngest and most favoured daughter of King Lear of Britain, who ruled the isle for sixty years after the twilight of Arthur's reign, in the dawn of the Age of Man.

Lear, as he grew old, began to lose his mind. When the time came to divide the kingdom among his three daughters, Cordelia's sisters flattered him relentlessly, and at the advice of Lear's nobles, they were granted the provinces of Albany and Cornwall. Cordelia however, secure in her relationship with her father, felt that he did not need her to lower herself to a peon: she loved him as a father, not as a king.

For that, she was given nothing, and not a single suitor was blessed to be her husband. Eventually, even the King of France, Aganippus, attempted to court her, and even then while she was allowed to marry him, Lear was reluctant, but it ultimately saved him. Cordelia's brothers-in-law quickly moved to seize the throne from the king, exiling him to France, where he begged for Cordelia to reclaim their homeland.

―――"For pity's sake, this is completely your own fault, you senile old man!" she chided at the time.

She and Aganippus raised an army and sailed into Britain again, but what she saw horrified her. Soldiers, knights who she recognised, merely following instructions, yet killing and being killed in turn. There was no evil on that battlefield, but there was still so much death. Aganippus was victorious, but Cordelia vowed that this would never happen again.

Lear became king again, ruling for three years before he was finally on his deathbed. Aganippus died shortly after, leaving Cordelia to a peaceful and prosperous reign. Britain was quiet, never once showing aggression towards another nation, such was her vow.

Her nephews, Cunedagius and Marganus, soon came of age to rule Britain whilst Cordelia held the title of queen. Their impatience manifested into anger; the princes found it unacceptable that this woman, who refused to go to war with anyone or sentence a single person to death, who would allow all the evils of the world to remain alive just in case they decided to repent, was the one who ruled Britain.

They raised armies against her, knowing that she still had her vow to "never kill a single good soul again". They were aware that she could not retaliate, she could not condemn an army to fight without a single drop of blood spilled.

They underestimated her.

She took up one of the few swords left from the Round Table, and she trained. She fought against every one of the elite knights of Britain over and over to grow stronger than each and every one of them, and in time, she fought the armies of the princes herself. She defeated those armies, whose only purpose was to kill her, over and over, until her body finally gave out.

She was captured, imprisoned to be placed on trial, displayed with her blunted, broken blade to mock her. She was to be executed, she was certain of that.

Thus in the end, the only person Cordelia would kill in her lifetime was herself.

Because even now, in this dark hour where she did not have a single hope of a happy ending left, she was still a queen.

She would not lose to anyone.
[/spoili]

Summoning Catalyst
One of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom
[/spoili]

Alright, so first and foremost, homegirl is strong, like reeeeaaaallllly strong. Tbh the CS reads like what I would expect for a Ruler rather than a Saber.

First and foremost, the base stats are a little high. If STR and END are going to stay at A+, the other stats should really come down a bit. Maybe drop AGI and Luck by a rank? Honestly, with how things ended up turning out in her legend, I could see Luck taking a two rank demerit.

Now then, on to the skills. This is the section that needs the most workshopping. Charisma feels a bit high, but it could slide by. Pioneer of the Stars feels out of place on her though. I get that she's a turning point for her people in her legend, but from my understanding Pioneer only applies to people who changed the course of humanity as a whole, and even then it seems to be limited to people like explorers and inventors. I'm just not seeing how she qualifies for it. That being said, replacing it with another skill would probably be for the best. Now then... Unfaltering Diamond Heart is straight broken. Determination of Steel and Imperial Privilege are arguably some of the strongest skills out there, and combining them kind of cranks that up to 11. Having a skill tied to her determination is fine, but considering all the other skills it encompasses it just comes across as way too strong. Like I said earlier, this seems like a skill that would really only fly on something like a Ruler, and even then it's very strong. Out of everything in the CS, this I think is the thing that needs to be reworked the most. Like I said, a skill encompassing her willpower and determination is cool, but at the moment it feels like it just makes her good at all the relevant things.

As for the NPs, Cair Lerion seems fine, depending on the speed and extent of the healing. The stamina bit and the ability to keep fighting tie in with her theme of willpower and perseverance, so I'm cool with that. Cortana is strong, but it seems to be a more forgiving Excalibonk, so if her skills and such are toned down I don't see a real issue with it.

She is still the 'extra' Servant in reserve if we get enough people for eight pairs, but I figured it would be best to go ahead and give her an overview, as it seems like we might have a solid chance of going over the cap. If I misunderstood anything about her let me know.

Also @Shizuochan Artem is accepted! I'll add him to the character list.

Alright, so first and foremost, homegirl is strong, like reeeeaaaallllly strong. Tbh the CS reads like what I would expect for a Ruler rather than a Saber.

First and foremost, the base stats are a little high. If STR and END are going to stay at A+, the other stats should really come down a bit. Maybe drop AGI and Luck by a rank? Honestly, with how things ended up turning out in her legend, I could see Luck taking a two rank demerit.

Now then, on to the skills. This is the section that needs the most workshopping. Charisma feels a bit high, but it could slide by. Pioneer of the Stars feels out of place on her though. I get that she's a turning point for her people in her legend, but from my understanding Pioneer only applies to people who changed the course of humanity as a whole, and even then it seems to be limited to people like explorers and inventors. I'm just not seeing how she qualifies for it. That being said, replacing it with another skill would probably be for the best. Now then... Unfaltering Diamond Heart is straight broken. Determination of Steel and Imperial Privilege are arguably some of the strongest skills out there, and combining them kind of cranks that up to 11. Having a skill tied to her determination is fine, but considering all the other skills it encompasses it just comes across as way too strong. Like I said earlier, this seems like a skill that would really only fly on something like a Ruler, and even then it's very strong. Out of everything in the CS, this I think is the thing that needs to be reworked the most. Like I said, a skill encompassing her willpower and determination is cool, but at the moment it feels like it just makes her good at all the relevant things.

As for the NPs, Cair Lerion seems fine, depending on the speed and extent of the healing. The stamina bit and the ability to keep fighting tie in with her theme of willpower and perseverance, so I'm cool with that. Cortana is strong, but it seems to be a more forgiving Excalibonk, so if her skills and such are toned down I don't see a real issue with it.

She is still the 'extra' Servant in reserve if we get enough people for eight pairs, but I figured it would be best to go ahead and give her an overview, as it seems like we might have a solid chance of going over the cap. If I misunderstood anything about her let me know.

Also @Shizuochan Artem is accepted! I'll add him to the character list.
I was working with the base container stats when I built her. Sabers are kinda high. Did not actually mean for STR to be at A+, mind you, that's my bad. I'll chop off the "+" and reduce her LCK by one or two.

I'd argue Rank B Charisma is necessary since she is a queen, but Pioneer of the Stars can probably be dropped entirely. I was working on the basis that every Servant we've seen with it thus far has it at EX, so I reasoned someone who singlehandedly changed a nation's future could have it at Rank C. The boost was only because of UDH, so I'm happy to just remove it. On the subject of UDH, if I were to split it into, say, Bravery A and Imperial Privilege B, would that be more acceptable? I can remove some of the supplementary Skills from the latter too; I admit the list is kind of long compared to what's normally there. The vague "...and others" that's normally in the description annoys me to no end, so I filled it in.

Cair Lerion isn't that big of a deal in the big picture. It's pretty much just your standard "regen 1% HP per turn" deal. Decent in quality, helpful to have, but there's certainly better out there.

You really don't have to go for Caster if you don't want to! Cordelia is just a backup. I'm sorry if I'm making you feel pressured.

Ah, it's from Pixiv, so it can be pretty erratic. Give it time, the ID will inevitably tick over and it'll be visible again. In the meantime, have the actual page.

Reactions: cojemo
GDI, of course queens are idols.

@Random What exactly does Bravery entail again? I know in Grand Order it's an attack buff and debuff resist, so would it be a tenacity type thing? As far as Imperial Privilege goes, I'd say maybe lower it down a bit more, let's say like D+ or C. I say that just because generally Servants with Imperial Privilege seem to have ruled large empires and/or had some kind of grandeur associated with their rule(i.e. the Romans). Cordelia is royalty, but there are plenty of Servants who ruled that don't get IP, so while she might qualify, I feel like it would be a lower rank. There's also the option of just breaking it down into the individual skills themselves, which might be more clear and also allow you to distribute the stats around a bit more.

Yah, that's basically what Bravery is. It's pretty much in the name itself lol, the whole 'won't be affected by mental ailments and shit'.

@Random What exactly does Bravery entail again? I know in Grand Order it's an attack buff and debuff resist, so would it be a tenacity type thing? As far as Imperial Privilege goes, I'd say maybe lower it down a bit more, let's say like D+ or C. I say that just because generally Servants with Imperial Privilege seem to have ruled large empires and/or had some kind of grandeur associated with their rule(i.e. the Romans). Cordelia is royalty, but there are plenty of Servants who ruled that don't get IP, so while she might qualify, I feel like it would be a lower rank. There's also the option of just breaking it down into the individual skills themselves, which might be more clear and also allow you to distribute the stats around a bit more.
To quote, Bravery is the ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

And yeah, I would agree, but it's kind of the reason why I slotted IP into UDH in the first place; her tenacity allowed her to learn all these things so well in such a short time, so I feel like it should be under the umbrella of some Skill or another. If you like I can just paste a different name and flavour onto Imperial Privilege so it fits better.

To quote, Bravery is the ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

And yeah, I would agree, but it's kind of the reason why I slotted IP into UDH in the first place; her tenacity allowed her to learn all these things so well in such a short time, so I feel like it should be under the umbrella of some Skill or another. If you like I can just paste a different name and flavour onto Imperial Privilege so it fits better.

Gotcha, Bravery is all good then.

That's an option as well if you'd like, though, and I just considered this rereading it, several of the skills listed are skills she already possesses due to her class (Riding, Charisma, Swordsmanship), and Eye of Mind is probably something that deserves its own skill slot. Since IP is meant to explain how she came to learn so quickly, would you want to consider renaming/reworking it into something more akin to a straight up adaptability skill?

I can certainly do that. If it's getting "reskinned", for lack of a better term, I'll probably call it Unfaltering Diamond Heart again since I can't really think of any arc words I like better.

I can certainly do that. If it's getting "reskinned", for lack of a better term, I'll probably call it Unfaltering Diamond Heart again since I can't really think of any arc words I like better.

Sounds good.

WIP

Sinbad the Sailor

4b168817a2dd635ed767960371366208--otaku-anime-anime-boys.jpg

Class: Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Stats
Strength:
C
Endurance: B
Agility: B
Magical Energy: C
Luck: EX

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: B
Having encountered and survived encounters with an array of mythical beasts, Sinbad has over his many voyages learned and gained a natural resistance against strong magical spells.

Riding: A
Despite how he may appear, Sinbad is a natural born Rider, and can ride nearly anything with great talent, from horses to griffons.

Personal Skills:

Allure of Kings: C
Sinbad has ventured far an wide to many lands, often running into an assortment of animals and beasts. However, one common occurrence on these adventures is an encounter with the ruler of the land, in which Sinbad easily befriends and gains favor. Due to this, Allure of Kings grants Sinbad a unique charisma when dealing with kings or queens, allowing him to more easily charm them with his wit. This doesn't mean they won't attack him however, just that they will find him unusually likable and may spare him if they are the type.

Independent Action: B
A rebel at heart, keeping Sinbad under control is no easy feat. Thus, Sinbad can act on his own without his master for 2-3 days unless he needs magic for his Noble Phantasm.

Instinct:
C
While his luck has plenty to do with his success, it would not be fair to discount Sinbad's natural instinct. He can easily sense what the best course of action would be from observing a situation and how to achieve such.

Golden Rule: A
Each adventure accrued Sinbad with more and more gold, making him so wealthy he gets bored of having everything he could ever desire quite frequently.
Weapon: Scimitar

Noble Phantasm(s):

Luck of the Foolish Sailor, By Fortune and Fate

Type: Anti-Unit
Description:

From rich to poor to rich again, Sinbad achieved his fame by going on and surviving seven fantastical voyages that no normal man would normally survive. However, despite what he and his many overblown tales that grace modern times may tell you, it wasn't his prowess with a sword or fancy footwork that allowed him to become the legend he is. In fact, there were many blunders and terrible accidents that occurred, and while his quick wit certainly helped, nothing assisted the sailor more than his insane amount of luck.

Just about every one of his voyages saw Sinbad escape by the skin of teeth from certain death through sheer luck, and his luck is represented by this Noble Phantasm. Not only giving him an EX rank in Luck and allowing him to avoid or overcome just about any mental or conceptual attack, By Fortune and Fate acts as a passive protection of sorts, representing how he narrowly escaped death on each voyage. If an attack were to deal a fatal blow to Sinbad and end his journey early, this Noble Phantasm acts, changing the course of events so that Sinbad would barely escape death and be given the optimal opportunity to act or escape. By altering reality, the luck of his opponent or himself is changed before the attack occurs, allowing for occurrences such as his opponent sneezing before a fatal arrow shot, Sinbad barely avoiding an attack he wouldn't normally have, or the attack simply missing in a way that gives him the advantage. This is the ultimate hidden ability, as it is nearly impossible for his opponent to realize it is occurring unless they are extremely perceptive. For each voyage Sinbad is given seven lucky chances through this Noble Phantasm. Indeed, Sinbad is a tough man to put down.

The Scavenger of the Sea Makes his Own Mount, Shipwrecked Sailor

Type: Anti-Unit
Description:

Shipwrecked Sailor is a representation of how on many of his Voyages into the unknown, Sinbad was left without his original boat and was forced to make due with what was around him for transportation. While the Rider never had a dedicated mount, he often used wooden troughs, rafts, mythical sea horses, and gigantic rocs to survive. Each one of these improvised rides he rode with supreme skill and precision.

Manifesting as an ability, any ride or vehicle that Sinbad sits upon is immediately transformed into a D rank Noble Phantasm. It's modified and shaped to fit his needs, often being adorned in gold and jewels. None of his rides in the past were known for their combat ability, but there is one thing quite common when it comes to his ships: they often were involved in destructive crashes. While rides under the influence of Shipwrecked Sailor don't gain any combat enhancements, their durability is enhanced enough to withstand attacks on par with or weaker than a C rank. Their max speed is greatly enhanced and they are able to pull of stunts otherwise impossible, but easily the best modification is the ability to crash into an enemy Servant. When desired, Sinbad can trigger a 'destructive crash', jumping off before his vehicle collides and causing a massive explosion.

Genie of the Desperate, Aladdin's Magic Ring
Type: Anti-Army
Description:

b41dc106997991a43e00a5c1eece9bbb1416279870_full.png

Venturing into fat off lands no one else dared to step foot on, Sinbad managed to accrue quite a few treasures during his many Journeys. While most of these were sold for gold and wealth as he 'cared not for these old looking paperweights', every once and a while he'd keep one if he found it visually appealing. His luck once again coming into play, it just so happened a silver embroidered ring he fancied was the home to a small, youngish genie with the power to turn the tides of battle.

She prefers to be called Irene.

An infant and weak compared to a full powered member of her species, Irene cannot perform the reality warping feats most genies are known for. In fact, normally if she's called upon she's relatively powerless. However, the ring and her nature hold a duty, and that duty is to protect their master during their most dire times. If the wearer of the ring is on the verge of death, Irene will become an almost automatic defense system, gaining a massive power boost in the process. Her magecraft is extremely powerful both offensively and defensively, effectively making her a second Servant. Despite this, she does have her downsides. Due to technically not being tied to a master and requiring a source of energy from the ring and the earth itself, she can only last up to 8 minutes in her powered up state before needing to recharge for a full 24 hours. While this is often enough to escape most tricky situations, an especially persistent Servant could pose many problems.
Otherwise, Irene is a sweet, if not gullible girl. She's caring and innocent, and will always look out for her master and care for them.

This ring carries many similarities to the one given to Aladdin by the Sorcerer, and whether Sinbad acquired this ring beforehand or after is unknown.

Stats (Normal Mode)
Strength:
E
Endurance: E
Agility: D
Magical Energy: D

Stats (Desperation Mode)
Strength:
E
Endurance: C
Agility: A
Magical Energy: A++

Personality:

An enigmatic figure who's ventured to far off lands and returned when no one else could ever dream of doing so, Sinbad is very much like the sea he's sailed on. While many believe the mans unmatched skills with a sword is what made him the legend he is today, he'd be the first to tell you this is not the case. He is an eccentric and brash man who never learns to keep his mouth shut, yet despite this his overall respect and friendliness to those who deserve it have won over many. His attitude of always going with his heart and never faltering is admirable, even if it's gotten him into more trouble than a normal man can keep track of. Failing to think before acting, Sinbad merely follows what feels right to him and what he wants to do, even if this goes directly against logic presented straight to his face. Honestly, he just doesn't care, and it is this attitude that will often put him and his allies into precarious positions that only his quick wit and ungodly luck can overcome.

He's a very relaxed individual even in the face of death, and will never back down no matter the circumstances. Basically, good luck stopping him once he sets his mind to something. Death does not scare Sinbad, and in fact seems to invigorate the adventurous sailor even more so when he stand so close to its black door. He is not afraid to get down and dirty and commit heinous acts to survive, such as murdering innocents for food until he could escape his tomb on his fourth voyage. However, this does not mean he has no conscience. Sinbad, who made his name through his many voyages, does not consider himself to be the great hero everyone else claims he is. Every death caused by his actions weighs heavily on his soul, but he refuses to ever give up or else all their deaths would have been for nothing. In the end his goals center around himself, but his honor and respect for those around him are not to be understated. Once a coward only out to save his own skin, he'd happily throw himself onto the front lines of battle if it meant protecting even one of his crew.

Legend:

Voyages of Sinbad

There are very few that haven't heard the name Sinbad and at least know of his seven fantastical voyages to uncharted lands. However, few know of the sailors actual origins. Truth be told, even Sinbad isn't clear on where exactly he came from. What's certain is this: Sinbad grew up on the streets of Baghdad broke and alone, with no one but a crotchety old man to look after him. The young boy was forced to steal, lie, and fight for his food, and whatever he got he'd be lucky if he even got to keep 1/10th of it. You see, his caretaker was a heavy gambler and owed abused Sinbad constantly, threatening to beat him if he didn't comply. However, one thing the old man hung over his head the most was the threat of throwing him out to sea. He told horror stories of the monsters and horrors that were to be found across the deep blue, and with this deep sense of fear instilled into him Sinbad scratched and clawed so he could survive.

One day, Sinbad's caretaker fell ill, and not long after passed away. While it hurt to lose the only person he ever knew, Sinbad never mourned for the man. Even if he'd wanted to, though, he wouldn't have had the time as following his caretakers death a few days later was a knock at Sinbads door. Being the closest thing the man had to a family, Sinbad was held responsible to pay for his debt. After many months of harassment, beatings, torture, and being worked to the bone, the boy made a deal: if he could be given enough funds to acquire a ship and crew, he'd go out and return with enough treasure to pay off the debt ten fold. And thus, at the young age of 14, Sinbad became the captain of a crew twice his age, his legend just beginning.

Summoning Catalyst:(If any)​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm loving everything about Sinbad so far, with his skills and NP. I think I'm gonna love playing him! Also, as a side note I'm going to work on a master on the side just for the hell of it. If all the spots get reserved before I finish it then that's okay, as it's mostly for fun. However if they can fit I'd have no problem playing them.

Well, here's my CS for Assassin. A little recycled, and probably a little messy even with the things I added, but I became a little too interested in using this dude for my own good. Used quite a bit more Tsukihime-side terminology than I expected, if that's alright.

True Name

Abraham Van Helsing

Class

Assassin

Alignment

Chaotic Good

Appearance

eXKqwZj.jpg

Stats

Strength - C
Endurance- D
Agility- A
Magical Energy - B
Luck - D

Class Skills

Presence Concealment - C+. Hides one's presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying. The rank of presence concealment drops considerably when preparing to attack. As a mere mortal who specialized in killing monsters he could never hope to defeat in a straight up fight, even barely so with proper equipment, Abraham got used to striking from the very same shadows that the monsters dwelt within, such as vampires and werewolves.

Personal Skills

Deliverance - C. As a so-called agent of God, Van Helsing's mere presence is able to weaken any creature, be them Heroic Spirits or other familiars, among others, of the Evil alignment, to a decent degree. More than that, his attacks toward them are more effective. Passive skill.

Projectile
- A. While there has been debate about the legend of Van Helsing and how he had killed Dracula (whether he had thrown a wooden stake into his heart, or if he threw knives / daggers, or if he was even the one who killed Dracula at all), the Heroic Spirit known as Van Helsing is certainly an adept projectile user. Van Helsing is able to use any sort of blade he can get his hands on as projectiles and use them not only with exceptional skill, but also with great strength. He can also use long weapons like spears and javelins, but his skill is not as potent, considering he was summoned as an Assassin rather than a Lancer. If there is a need for extra firepower, he can call upon his two revolvers, though he sees these as more of the next best thing to a trump card. These revolvers do not use real ammunition, but rather, concentrated mana, and he can only fire one powerful shot per revolver before his power must cool off for a few hours. Active skill.

Projection Magic - C+. A magecraft that reproduces tools for a few minutes by means of images. As a member of the Holy Church in his life, and even as a decently accomplished mage unbeknownst to many, Abraham is knowledgeable on the workings of projection magecraft, and he uses it often to supply himself with blades to throw, working in conjunction with his Projectile skill. As an Executioner, his preferred weapons of choice are Black Keys, and though they are as long as swords, they are used more often for throwing. Due to the imperfect nature of his projection (due to his skill, or rather, lack thereof), the Black Keys he projects are fragile, and most effective when thrown. However, they can be used as physical weapons, like a real sword, but they are fragile enough that even swinging and hitting it against something will cause it to shatter. To this end, the Black Keys he projects are like glass cannons. Black Keys are the one exception to the rule that Abraham is less proficient with longer weapons, and ironically is his best weapon. Active skill.

Weapon

Variable projected blades, usually Black Keys, and twin revolvers that fire shots of pure mana.

Noble Phantasm

[spoili]Name

Hawthorne Stake

Title

Deliver Us From Evil

Rank

A

Type

Anti-Unit

Description

Van Helsing uses his most identifiable weapon, a deceivingly benign-looking wooden stake. Though it is debated on whether or not he ever did kill Dracula with a wooden stake (or if he personally even killed Dracula at all), the legend and belief has become widespread enough that the item had practically become synonymous with him. The stake is said to be carved from the wood of a hawthorn tree, hawthorn being believed to be the the same material as Jesus Christ's Crown of Thorns. While the stake might not look all that impressive initially, it is indeed Van Helsing's most powerful weapon for a reason. It can be used as a hand-blade or a projectile, but the primary constant is that, said to be blessed by the power of God himself, it is an exceedingly powerful artifact able to penetrate through any barrier and inflict great damage on individuals. If the targeted individual is of the Evil alignment, then the damage is nigh-permanent, unable to be healed, unless the wooden stake is destroyed, in which case Helsing must re-project it, which costs much magical energy, and even then, the damage for the afflicted Evil party will heal no matter how quickly his Noble Phantasm is repaired.

Because it is said to be blessed by God himself, it can also be said that the wooden stake is a Divine Construct. When wielding the stake, Van Helsing is able to perform feats similar to those who possess Mystic Eyes of Life (or dare one say, Death Perception), in which he is able to destroy any defense or other structures (abstract or not) conjured by his enemy, but he can only maim the actual target individual at most unless the target is of the Evil alignment or he manages to stab the stake directly into the target's heart without miss.
[/spoili]

Personality

Many people imagine Van Helsing as a grouchy old man, overly serious and no-nonsense, but in truth, he is as one might expect from a skilled youth (even though he is actually not that young either). As a person who's bite actually did live up to his bark, he was a brash man, often sure of his abilities, but was also aware of his limitations as a mere human as well, and did everything he could to compensate in his fight against the supernatural.

Helsing has a soft spot for cute girls. He was never exactly a big womanizer in a real sense though, sacrificing a stable love life for the greater good of protecting humanity from monsters, but he at least goes through the trouble of quickly developing positive platonic relationships with the females he's met, such as Mina Harker and Lucy Westenra. Another reason why he refrains from openly advancing upon women is because, even in the scenario in which he'd be able to lay with whoever he wanted, it was his belief that a woman's virginity, her purity and the most precious thing one could have (after all, he is from the 1800s), was one of the most powerful shields one could have against a lustful vampire or any other beast, and he felt that if he were to take such a thing, he would paint a rather large target on their backs. In short, he is capable of being quite flirty with girls, but never actually able to advance any further.

To this end, despite his cool demeanor, cool-headed attitude, and confident exterior, Abraham can be surprisingly avoidant and distant from others when it comes to deeper, more meaningful relationships, and one could even speculate it is something he fears more than the monsters he fights.

Though many would consider him a good man for his services in the name of humanity, his "goodness" is of the chaotic kind. He has little regard for the law of man, and abides moreso by his own law. Thus, he has no problem breaking the law in order to accomplish his objectives, and beyond what some would perceive to be brash recklessness, he does put the safety of others before his own, and has a short temper when it comes to monsters who would commit crimes against humanity. An ultimately selfless man, he is more focused on helping his Master attain the Holy Grail rather than take it for his own benefit, but if it were to end up in his hands, his wish that he would have it fulfill would simply be to allow himself to live a normal life. He is not picky about what sort of normal, halcyon life he'd live, whether it be as the godfather of the Harkers' child, or as the loving husband and father that he never had the chance to be.

His favorite food is garlic. Just raw garlic.

Legend

Similar to most other Assassin Servants, Van Helsing did not have a glorious legend in the same vein as most other Heroic Spirits, even those found only in fantastical mythology, though compared to most others of his class, he is arguably one of the most famous ones, even if it is sometimes debated what his "true" legend was, given the many interpretations of it.

As it stands, he was an unsung genius of his time, Abraham Van Helsing was a prodigy from the moment he was born, and by the time he had become a grown man, was already an accomplished doctor, lawyer, scientist, and even a university professor. Of course, he had learned all these skills more out of necessity than anything, as they were all necessary in learning of how to defeat evil in his true occupation as an Executioner of the Holy Church. Any who would have seen the practice of such science would have called it "fighting evil with evil," but Abraham and his family had always believed that science and innovation, rather than witchcraft, were the results of one of God's greatest gifts upon man; intelligence. The capacity to learn and innovate. He used his connections from his many jobs to seek out the creatures of the night, between malicious vampires, werewolves, and ghouls, the most famous of them by far being Dracula, whom he fought alongside the Harker family, among others.

In truth, Dracula was the name given to the Twelfth Dead Apostle Ancestor vampire, and contrary to popular belief, it was not Vlad the Impaler who inspired the existence of Dracula, but rather, the other way around, as the vampire had shown himself to Vlad and driven him mad, compelling him to crave blood and become inhuman (metaphorically), using his Mystic Eyes of Enchantment to wreak havoc through him for the sake of sadistic pleasure. He lived among the humans, hidden from the suspicious eyes, until the late 1800s, where his encounters with the Harker family, in actuality a mage family with affinity for both fire and water (which happened to be two weaknesses of vampires, supposedly), and the legendary monster hunter Van Helsing had led him to meet his end. The details of the grueling battle are unknown, leading many to wonder and even doubt that only a handful of humans could have defeated a Dead Apostle Ancestor, but in the end, Dracula had fallen. It is rumored that either a Divine Construct was found, or Van Helsing had artificially created one to fight Dracula, in the form of a wooden stake.

Of course, the battle was not without consequence, as just before Dracula had died, he had placed a malicious curse upon Van Helsing's body and soul. While Jonathan and Mina Harker had managed to birth a child and lead a happy life, Van Helsing was forced into early retirement from the Church as his body and mind began to deteriorate over the span of just one year. His sight began to fail, his bones became more frail, his memory devolved, and so on until he finally died of the curse on the first birthday of the Harker child, dying away with but a whisper.

By technical law, Van Helsing was married all through his adult life, but his wife had gone insane after their infant son perished at the hands of a monster. Because of his religious beliefs, he refused to divorce her, and from time to time, visited her in the asylum that she was committed to until his death.

Summoning Catalyst

His old silver cross.

Running out of time, but I'll drop this down for now.

"If I lose, nothing's lost, but if I win..."

Name: Shinobu Kazanari
Affinity: Fire
Alignment: Neutral
Origin: Misfortune​

Appearance:
Scrawny, with eyes too large for her thin face, Shinobu stands at 4'11, a combination of genetics and malnutrition conspiring against her. Though 18, she still looks very much like a young girl, with long, tangled hair and empty, cerulean eyes. A preference towards loose clothing gives her an androgynous appearance, while her pale skin gives her a fairy-esque vibe. Regardless of whatever pity or adoration she receives due to her appearance, however, Shinobu knows the truth.

Fairies may be pretty, but they're also useless.

Magic Circuits
Number: E
Quality: D

Magecraft/Abilities:

Awakening to her Origin was the worst thing that could have happened to her. From that fateful day on, all her efforts became meaningless, and all her work became unrewarded, as Misfortune pulled at the strings of fate and ensured that every task she strove towards leaned towards failure instead. Even if the foundation is strong, a fatal crack will emerge, leading to a loss of control.

Now, all Shinobu has is theory and a family that had written her off as a possible successor.

Other Abilities:
A magus who lost their ability to become one must take on other skills in order to succeed in a new world. Outside of her diminutive appearance, Shinobu has all the abilities necessary to be a functional adult in a non-magical society, from doing her own taxes to cooking for herself to building a PC. The amount of shit she had gone through has made her mentally, if not physically, strong, and the thirst for knowledge that was once applied only towards Mysteries has broadened its reach. Shinobu's neither a prodigy nor polymath, but, gods willing, she'll bridge the gap between the two with sheer grit and determination.

Mystic Codes/Magical Items:
Practically disowned, Shinobu owns no Mystic Codes. They would most likely explode anyways, due to her troublesome Origin.

Weapons/Other Belongings:
Carrying weapons overseas rarely works well, especially in the current state of the world. Outside of general travelling gear, all packed neatly into one functional suitcase, Shinobu makes do with a canister of pepper spray and a 'kitchen knife'. All mundane items, but effective in their own right. And really, if she had a particular need for an item, Amazon is always an option.

Personality:
Shinobu is not an honest girl.

That's the requirement of a good person, after all. One had to put on a brave face, smile at senseless requests, and be able to trick themselves into continuing to live on. A lie to make someone else feel better is worth the insignificant impact upon her conscience. Though Shinobu's a miserable individual on the inside, wallowing in well-deserved self-pity wouldn't do anything for her, and thus, she strives to smile regardless of the situation, putting in the most effort she can regardless of how dire the situation is. The waif understands her weakness, her inadequacies, her ineptitude, and views herself as 'zero'. Because of this view, as long as she does 'something', she has infinitely surpassed herself. Suturing her wounds with shoestring logic, Shinobu fights against the world itself, using her small hands to push other people onwards.

Shinobu is a good girl.

Short History:
A child born of love is rare within magus families, and perhaps that was the first misfortune that Shinobu encountered. Her birth was an accident, and though her father, an honorable man, took her into the family regardless of her lack of promise, her other relatives saw her as nothing more than a blight. And though they made attempts to hide their disdain, it was clear as day to the young child. Clear enough that she pretended she didn't notice for all their sakes. Her childhood was full of false smiles and veiled intent, happiness found in the fact that both sides sheathed their claws.

The Kazanari family, however, still required a successor, someone to slap the family's Crest on and someone who can produce children. Training began regardless of Shinobu's lacking prana reserves, and she worked doubly hard to make up for that. And though every day was exhausting, though she never earned anyone's 'love' from it, a begrudging 'respect' was beginning to be formed. If they hide her parentage from others, perhaps she could pass as an untalented magus. Perhaps she could sire a reasonable heir after all, successfully passing on the Crest!

The second misfortune, then, was the sudden, unexplained awakening of her Origin, leading to all her spells catastrophically failing. It wasn't a lack of talent, or a lack of prana, or a lack of hard work after that point. Everything she did veered towards failure, and just like that, Shinobu found herself placed in the farthest corners of her family's estate, as the 'adults' tried to figure out what exactly they were going to do. Alone, Shinobu did the same, striving to be useful in other ways, to achieve something that would justify her continued existence in her family and in the world itself.

If she couldn't be recognized as a daughter, she was fine with just being a maid.

That was the thought process, at least, when the third misfortune struck.

That of being selected by the Grail, three marks burning themselves into the back of her hand.

@ERode She is so deliciously depressing and well-written.

Status
Not open for further replies.