Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DrowsyPangolin

Original poster
Fate/Shattered Gospel
IC Thread

Greetings,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been awarded the prestigious honor of participating in a most exclusive and noble endeavor: The Holy Grail War. After a shocking discovery, it has been ordained that this most illustrious battle of magi will be held in Paris, France. To those of you who may be unfamiliar with what exactly the Holy Grail War entails, you shall travel to Paris and summon a Heroic Spirit of great renown to fight for the prize of the Holy Grail. This fantastic artifact is capable of granting any wish the human heart can conceive, but only one among you may claim it. For those among you who are familiar with the Holy Grail War, we must inform you that this instance differs greatly from the shameful display in the Far East. Firstly, this Grail is no pale imitation, but a genuine Divine artifact. The battle in Paris shall be a True Grail War. We ask that you all fight honorably in your pursuit of the Grail, as well as maintaining the code of conduct expected from a Magus. You should make ready to arrive in Paris by the First of August.

We wish you the best of luck,

The Architect.

[As you finish the letter, you feel a burning sensation, like a branding iron searing your flesh. Three crimson marks...]

That was the letter sent out to seven individuals, seemingly at random, in July of 2027. In addition, letters were sent to the Clocktower and the Holy Church, seemingly with no warning or preamble, informing them of the Holy Grail War and discouraging interference. The prospect of a Holy Grail War in a capital city caused great concern amongst the magical community, and led to immediate investigation. Unfortunately, the letters were untraceable. The efforts of both the Church and the Mage's Association came up nil, with no indication of why a Grail War was being held or who this mysterious 'Architect' was. Though it proved impossible to determine the source of the letters, some of the recipients were eventually located, and were confirmed to bear Command Seals, much to the chagrin of those still hoping this was all some strange joke. On July 17th, another letter was received by the Office of the Holy Church, requesting a specific priest, by name, to oversee the conflict. Both the Church and the Association became increasingly concerned as the leylines in Paris began to behave abnormally, though neither could pinpoint the cause. With no leads and little control over the situation, both major administrative parties were left in a position of simple observation, awaiting the beginning of this bizarre conflict, the 'True' Holy Grail War.

Welcome to Fate/Shattered Gospel! As you can probably tell, this is a thread roughly based around the Fate franchise and other Nasuverse works. The players will be taking part in a 'True' Holy Grail War, arranged by some mysterious person, in Paris, France in August of 2027. Currently, the thread is set to run with the standard setup of seven Masters and Seven Servants, though as the Grail War is somewhat abnormal we may be able to adjust things, depending on interest. For the most part, I intend for this thread to be very player-driven, so don't expect too much restriction on my part. I look forward to running this thread, and I hope you all will have a good time here. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or the Co-GM, @Epsir.

Rules List:

1: Be courteous and follow all general RP rules (no autohitting, godmodding, metagaming etc)

2:There will be combat in this RP. Please try to be reasonable with one another and remember we're all here to have fun. If any questions arise during fights, I will serve as 'referee'.

3: Characters will die in this RP. That being said, I take serious issue with 'falling rocks' style unreasonable deaths, so I'll try to be as fair as possible in that regard. Also, your character's death doesn't necessarily mean you have to leave the thread. You're obviously welcome to hang around in the OOC, but if you have a Master that dies and you wish to continue playing, PM me and we can work something out, remember, there are numerous third parties interested in the Grail War.(Also take note that Servantless Masters can still participate) If your character is a Servant that dies and you wish to continue... be sure to PM me, there may be some shady stuff you can take part in.

4: Nasuverse rules are almost always made to be broken. I'm not going to be overly pedantic about canon restrictions, though if something is WAY over the line I might try to rein things in a bit.

5: For the early stages of the war, at least, I plan on being very hands-off and letting you guys drive the plot. To accomplish that, we're going to need regular posting. If, for some reason, you have to leave for an extended period of time, just PM me! I understand IRL issues come first and can be hard to predict, and I'm more than willing to work with you.

6: Tied to Rule 5, if you're inactive for a while I'll try to get in touch with you, if you don't reply within a few days your character may be removed and/or replaced for your partner's sake.

7:We're all here to have fun, so be respectful to each other.

8: While I have no problem with apping canon Servants, I'd prefer if we could get more original takes on characters to keep things fresh and interesting.

9: As far as reserving character spots, I'm fine with you guys reserving a particular spot if you wish to do so. I understand it takes a while to make a character. If you reserve a spot and disappear though, I'll have to give up your spot to another interested member

10: You are welcome to run both a Master and a Servant if you'd like, the only restriction being that they cannot be paired together. Actually, I strongly encourage running Masters(they always seem to be in short supply). You're certainly not required to run more than one character though.

11: As far as Master/Servant pairings go, you're all welcome to decide on those amongst yourselves. If you're having trouble deciding or some of you would like to be randomly matched I can oblige that as well.

12: I'm fairly relaxed when it comes to GMing. So long as you're respectful of the other players and don't break the rules, I don't foresee us having any problems. If any issues arise, let's try to handle them as tactfully as possible, there's no need to get worked up. Also, I'm always willing to help if you're confused about something.

Ban List
Gilgamesh(Mongrel pls)
EMIYA
Jeanne
Canon Masters
Iffy on the Three Families

Master CS

Name:
Alignment:
Origin:(The basis of your character's existence)
Appearance:(image or description)

Magic Circuits
Number:(A-E) (We'll assume C is average)
Quality:(A-E)

Magecraft/Abilities:(Spells and/or powers your Master has)

Other Abilities:(Skills not related to magecraft)

Mystic Codes/ Magical Items:(Any special magical items your character has)

Weapons/ Other Belongings:

Personality:

Short History:

Servant CS:

True Name:
Class:(No 'extra' classes ((Ruler, Avenger, etc.))
Alignment:
Appearance:

Stats
Strength:
Endurance:
Agility:
Magical Energy:
Luck:

Class Skills:(Skills your Servant possesses that are tied to their class)

Personal Skills:(Skills your Servant has because of their identity)

Weapon:

Noble Phantasm(s):
Name
Title
Type:(anti-unit, anti-army, etc.)
Description:

Personality:

Legend:

Summoning Catalyst:(If any)

Pairs
Shinobu Kazanari/Marianne
Josef Maximilian von Habsurg/Annabelle(Count Roland)
Artem Lilian Mor/Sun Wukong
Walter Constantine Moen/Tlahuicole
Gerard Walker/Abraham Van Helsing
Chain Argyle/Sinbad
Masters
Walter Constantine Moen @Epsir
Chain Argyle @Random
Artem Lilian Mor @Shizuochan
Shinobu Kazanari @ERode
Josef Maximilian von Habsburg @Sightles
Cecilia Qualinthe @Asuras
Gerald Walker @Gabriel Heartache
Servants
Lancer Sun Wukong @Sightles
Rider Sinbad @cojemo
Assassin Abraham Van Helsing @Verite
Archer Marianne @Epsir
Saber Annabelle (Count Roland) @Akashi
Berserker Tlahuicole @MechanicalHorse
Caster spot reserved by @MeadowLark4
NPCs
Name: Albert Kelly

Alignment: Neutral Good

Elemental Affinity:None

Appearance:
ec0a449d786efc2c80368237315f5d0a--shorter-hair-a-guy-who.jpg

Origin:

Realization

Magics Circuits

Number: N/A

Quality: N/A

Magecraft/ Abilities:

Armor of God/ Null Body: Kelly's only 'magical' ability is, ironically, an ability that nullifies magic. For all practical purposes, his body is a dead zone as far as magical energy is concerned. Even external mana in the environment seems to be utterly repelled from his body. Most modern magecraft is ineffective against him, and even the greater magecraft performed by Servants would likely be reduced if it were to target him. Through physical contact with a mage's body, he is capable of temporarily disrupting their flow of magical energy, causing magecraft to become difficult or impossible. Technically, this ability would make it possible for Kelly to damage a Servant's spiritual body, though expecting to win such a fight would be a pipe dream.

Other Skills:

Extensive Martial Arts Training.
Firearms Training.

Mystic Codes/ Magical Items:

Consecrated .40 S&W silver jacketed ammunition: Like other consecrated items, these bullets are more effective against Dead Apostles, Demons, and other unnatural beings.

Weapons/ Belongings:

A Nickel-Plated Browning Hi-Power with 'Kindness' engraved on the slide, kept in a shoulder holster.

Personality:

Kelly is usually a light-hearted fellow, quick with a joke and rather bad at being a priest. He enjoys smoking, drinking, and generally leading a life of relaxation and light degeneracy. He's got a rough sort of charm to him, and thoroughly enjoys teasing uptight people. Despite his usual lackadaisical behavior, he is capable of getting serious if the situation demands it. He's not too fond of violence, but has no major qualms with it either. His experiences as an Executor have led him to give little regard to ideological 'good' and 'evil', instead accepting things as they are unless they greatly endanger others.

Short History:

Kelly was born in Ireland, and from a young age followed in the footsteps of his father, a Priest of the Holy Church. He eventually became ordained himself, but found it difficult to linger for too long in any particular organization within the Church. Early on, he was a member of a Chivalric Order, but found the position stuffy and boring. Following that, he became an Executor, a period of his life that he has few fond memories of. The brutality of the work took a toll on him, causing him to 'retire' prematurely, despite allegedly being quite skilled. He had returned to Ireland, and was living a relatively peaceful life as a simple parish priest when the Holy Church received a mysterious letter. Unfortunately for Kelly, the letter inexplicably requested him by name, and thus, he was put on a plane bound for France.
Name:

Isabella Aiza

Elemental Affinity: Fire

Alignment: Lawful Good

Origin:Scales

Appearance:
6d710fc906f2ede73ecb1562521a2a9f--black-umbrella-anime-illustration.jpg

Magic Circuits

Number:C

Quality:C

Magecraft:

Healing Magecraft: Isabella is a skilled practitioner in the art of healing. Her magecraft consists of running magical energy through damaged tissue, causing accelerated regeneration. Serious injuries take more time and energy, but are not outside of Isabella's range of ability.

Purification: Isabella has been trained by the Holy Church in the technique of purification. Through the recitation of Holy Scriptures, she is capable of cleansing most low-to-mid level curses. The curses of extremely powerful Magi and/or Servants are beyond her, however.

Baptism: A skill taught to all members of the Holy Church, used to exorcise demons and return Wraiths to the dead.

Consecration: A skill Isabella learned as a member of a Chivalric Order. This technique allows the user to temporaily designate a site as Holy Ground, creating a Bounded Field that prevents the entry of evil spirits, Demons, and unnatural creatures for a designated amount of time. The skill is useless against most Servants, but could theoretically defend a location against their familiars.

Other Skills:

Extensive Melee Weapons Training

Mystic Codes/ Magical Items:

Consecrated Halberd: Uriel:
The Chivalric Orders are some of the last vestiges of the Church to use halberds as weapons. Though generally thought of as old-fashioned and obsolete, these Holy weapons are still quite formidable in the hands of a skilled wielder. Isabella's halberd has received a blessing under the name of Uriel, the angel that supposedly guarded Eden with a flaming sword. The weapon, a hefty polearm of solid metal shows its true power only while defending Holy ground. If this condition is met, the polearm is bathed in a flame that burns away the 'unclean'. This greatly amplifies its use against demonic entities, Dead Apostles, and other unholy beings.

Incense: Flower of Lethe:
An herb used in memory modification, when the burned this incense causes memories to become hazy or seem like a dream. The effect is typically only effective against entirely mundane, average humans.

Weapons/Belongings:Black Keys

Personality:

Isabella is very strict and by-the-book. She has little tolerance for wasting time or bending rules, and casts a judgmental glare on those who deviate from the straight-and-narrow. Unlike some within the Church, she has a strong, personal faith and strives to live a just life according to Scripture. Though her strictness carries over into every aspect of her life, she has a respect for Kelly, and though she will chastise him for his attitude, she will not directly challenge him.

Short History: Isabella was born in Spain to a single mother who gave her up to a Church-run orphanage as an infant. She grew up under the tutelage of the Church, and at a young age became a nun herself. She heavily dedicated herself to her faith and joined the Chivalric Order of Montesa. While there, she was trained by a young Father Kelly, who was himself part of the Order at the time. Kelly eventually left the Order, but Isabella still held a great respect for her teacher. When Kelly received his summons to the Grail War, the Church requested he bring an assistant, mostly to keep an eye on the Priest, who they never would've selected themselves. Kelly recommended his former student, who the Church accepted, hoping the strict nun would keep him in line.

0e484132e9dac32afc1ce6a9c7ec535b--sad-anime-girl-anime-girl-hair-white.jpg

8623a63777f38abe488a9cb16a489771--anime-boys-dreams.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mind if I dibs on Caster?

*obligatory cameo appearance*

How's it going.

I'll toss out a Master once I get an idea, and I might make a Saber too if nobody else goes for it, since I've never done a Saber before.

Howdy Random!

Sounds good, I'll go ahead and add you to the list.

Hello everybody. It's nice to see so many faces so early in the thread, and I'm happy to be aboard with you all.

Looks like it's already up there but I'll be trying for Archer.

Can I has Saber?

Heya, Rider for me!

True Name:

Great Sage, Equal to Heaven, Sun Wukong, the Handsome Monkey-King

Class:

Lancer

Alignment:

Chaotic Good

Appearance:

sun_wukong___seven_knights_by_rokudo_aurora-da3miqs.jpg

Stats

Strength: A

Endurance: C

Agility: A

Magical Energy: D

Luck: C

Class Skills:

Battle Continuation - B

Allows Sun Wukong to keep fighting after suffering massive, though non-fatal, wounds

Magic Resistance - D

Renders all low-level mage-craft null against him

Personal Skills:

The King Birthed from Stone

Born atop the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit from the magical womb of a boulder, Sun Wukong enjoys a strong resistance against magic, preventing all but the absolute highest form of mage-craft from penetrating it
Magic Resistance - A

Monkey Drinks Master's Wine

Stemming from Sun Wukong's extremely poor tolerance for alcoholic beverages, Sun Wukong turns into a completely different kind of fighter. However, using this skill seals his Noble Phantasms from use

Stats

Strength: A+

Endurance: A+

Agility: C

Magical Energy: E

Luck: B

Sage of a Thousand Arts

Even without the aid of Ruyi Jingu Bang, Sun Wukong is a force to be reckoned with, having mastered multiple different styles and teachings martial arts
Martial Arts - A(+)

Animal-like Perception

Due to Sun Wukong's heritage, he possesses a high level of animal-like perception
Perception - C

Divinity

As Great Sage, Equal to Heaven, Sun Wukong qualifies for Divinity
Divinity - B

Weapon

Ruyi Jingu Bang

The legendary black iron staff is banded with a gold ring on each end, as well as the inscription along the body reading "The Compliant Golden-Hooped Rod." The inscription indicates that the staff follows the commands of its owner, shrinking or growing to their whim, make copies of itself, and that it is immensely heavy, weighing 17,550 lbs (7,960 kg). Sun Wukong is only able to use staff so effortlessly as it accepts him as it's master.

When not in use, Sun Wukong shrinks it down to the size of a needle and tucks it behind his ear.

Noble Phantasms

Name

Ruyi Jingu Bang

Title

The Compliant Golden-Hooped Rod

Rank

C+

Type

Anti-unit/Anti-army

Description

None But My Master

Weighing nearly 8.5 metric tons, Sun Wukong is the only one able to wield Ruyi Jingu Bang with ease, as the staff is light as a feather for it's chosen master

Grow/Shrink

Ruyi Jingu Bang is able to grow to massive lengths, and widths, while also being able to shrink to the size of a pin needle

Extension of the Monkey King

Sun Wukong is able to use his own thoughts to command the staff, even when it isn't in his hands. Sun Wukong can command the staff to fly to his hands, or even command it to fight. This requires concentration on Sun Wukong's part, as he must manage every movement of the staff

Name

Shen Wai Shen Fa

Title

Body Outside of Body

Rank

A

Type

Anti-Army

Description

Sun Wukong is able to use his own hairs to create upwards of 12 clones of himself. Sun Wukong is able to copy 90% of his total strength between the clones. One clone would possess the entire 90%, while two clones would each get 45%.

Personality

Extremely arrogant, very lazy, issues with authority, likes to tease and prank, brash and bold with it comes to fighting, very stubborn and hardheaded

Legend:

The Monkey King created havoc in Heaven, and even the celestial warriors couldn’t subdue him. With the help of Lord Lao Zi and the God Erlang Sheng, the best of Heaven’s generals, the Monkey King was finally caught, but nothing could hurt him. Not even a knife or axe could cut him, nor could lightning, thunder, or fire affect him.

Consequently, Lord Lao Zi put the Monkey King into his alchemy furnace and refined him for 49 days, but instead of burning him, the Monkey King emerged from the furnace more powerful than ever

Not knowing what to do with the Monkey King, the Jade Emperor invited the Buddha to conquer him. The Buddha smiled at Monkey King and said:

“You naughty monkey. You have no teacher and have not experienced cultivation, so how do you dare try to take the Jade Emperor’s power?”

The Monkey King replied:

“I am able to transform myself into 72 different images, I have immortality, can create an army in my likeness, have mastered Ruyi Jingu Bang, and I can use the clouds to travel 18,000 miles in a single somersault, so why can't I take the power of the Jade Emperor?"

The Buddha replied:

“I will make a deal with you. If you can somersault out of my right palm, then I will let the Jade Emperor give you his power; otherwise, you will have to cultivate for thousands of years on Earth.”

Looking at the Buddha’s palm, which was no more than a foot in length, the Monkey King smiled to himself and hastily said: “Are you sure you can handle this?” The Buddha said: “Yes.”

So the Monkey King stood in the middle of the Tathagata’s right palm, feeling that the palm was no bigger than a lotus leaf. He did one somersault and kept moving forward until he saw five huge pillars.

He had surmised that he had reached the end of the Heavens and to prove his trail, he urinated at the bottom of the first pillar, pulled out one of his hairs and said: “Change!” He then changed the hair into a big brush and wrote on the middle pillar the words: “The great Sage as high as Heaven visited here.”

The Monkey King returned to the centre of the Buddha’s right palm with another somersault and shouted to the Buddha: “I left and returned; you should now let the Jade Emperor give me his power.” The Buddha said: “You monkey, do you know that you are still in my palm?”

The Monkey King said: “You just don’t know that I went to the end of the Heavens and found five red pillars. I left a sign there. Do you dare to go with me to check?”

The Buddha said: “There is no need for me to go and check; you just look down and you will see.” The Monkey King looked and found that on the middle finger of the Buddha’s right hand, there was a line of words: “The great Sage as high as Heaven visited here.” And there was also a strong smell of urine in the Buddha’s hand.

The Monkey King was very surprised and said: “How can this be. I wrote these words on a pillar that supports Heaven, but how can it be on your finger? No, I don’t believe it. It is impossible.”

The Monkey King tried to escape from the Buddha’s hand, but he turned over his palm and changed his five fingers into a mountain of the five elements of gold, wood, water, fire, and soil, and suppressed the Monkey King under the mountain.

Summoning Catalyst

An extremely fragile, and fossilized Phoenix feather from Sun Wukong's crown

Well, @Random had mentioned being interested in running a Saber, but they did say if no one else wanted it, so I think you're good to go.

Yep! I added you to the reserve list.
Okay thanks.

Hey guys, disregard the, uh, questionable things going on with the formatting of the OP. I'm working on fixing it.

I was gonna say, you seem to be having fun.

If nobody minds, I'm probably going to post the CS of my Saber here anyway, just because I'm having fun with her. @Akashi, feel free to post your own if you're still up for it.

If nobody minds, I'm probably going to post the CS of my Saber here anyway, just because I'm having fun with her. @Akashi, feel free to post your own if you're still up for it.

Eh.. You never actually did say you are definetely going to make a Saber class character. And the GM said I'm good to go, since you said if "no one else wants it". But if I have to compete for the Saber class spot, I'd rather not waste my time on a CS where its unsure if or not I'll get the spot.

Eh.. You never actually did say you are definetely going to make a Saber class character. And the GM said I'm good to go, since you said if "no one else wants it". But if I have to compete for the Saber class spot, I'd rather not waste my time on a CS where its unsure if or not I'll get the spot.

@Akashi You've got a spot reserved, so by all means you're good to continue.

@Random You're more than welcome to throw the CS up, but Akashi's got the reserved spot. If we end up with enough Masters the potential for running more than Seven Servants is there, so if we get enough you could run her as well.

I suspected that you might have qualms if I did, hence "if". That said, I don't intend to be unreasonable about it precisely for the reasons you mentioned, so I'll give way at your behest.

EDIT: Yeah, I still have a Master CS in the works, so it's not unreasonable.

Reactions: cojemo
I suspected that you might have qualms if I did, hence "if". That said, I don't intend to be unreasonable about it precisely for the reasons you mentioned, so I'll give way at your behest.

EDIT: Yeah, I still have a Master CS in the works, so it's not unreasonable.

I would've gone with Assassin if it was available, so you could have had Saber. However, thank you. And also @DrowsyPangolin thank you for reserving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.