Fate/Shattered Gospel (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tensa Hiruma
As best as I can tell, that is correct. That and a bunch of Master slots.

Also, as for your question in the interest check, you are correct. This grail war is not perfectly normal but there are no Extra Classes present.

Here we are, one Saber. As promised, I'll drop her if there's no room. True to my M.O., she may well require some modification if she gets consideration. In the meantime, I'll finish up my Master.
[spoili]

Servant

e342f3a040fd2d3d7ab965673d266f9c.jpg

True Name: [spoili]Cordelia[/spoili]
Class: Saber
Alignment: Neutral Good

Stats
Strength: A+
Endurance: A+
Agility: B
Magical Energy: C
Luck: B

Class Skills
Magic Resistance - Rank B
Saber can cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for her to be affected.

Riding - Rank C
Saber can flawlessly ride vehicles and animals that received a proper training and adjustment.

Personal Skills
Charisma - Rank B
Saber possesses sufficient charm and talent for uniting to lead a nation as its Queen. The morale of military forces she commands is extremely high.

Bravery - Rank A
Saber has the ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. It also has the bonus effect of increasing melee damage.

Unfaltering Diamond Heart - Rank A
A Skill denoting heroes who forged themselves into legends with pure determination in order to stand against the world. Saber's resolve and tenacity are already beyond any human, and it is thanks to this that despite a Servant being a static existence, it is completely possible for Saber to grow further as both a person and a Heroic Spirit. Saber can attempt to use Skills that she doesn't have, and with a successful LCK check, she can obtain that Skill at Rank E. Each time she uses this Skill, she makes another LCK check, and with two consecutive successes, she can raise it to Rank D. After this, with three more consecutive checks, she can raise it to Rank C, and so on.

Weapon
Blunt sword

Noble Phantasms
Cair Lerion
Cage of the King's Reason
Anti-Unit (Self) Class
Rank C-
A pair of golden vambraces. They are incredibly durable, and Saber often uses them as shields in battle, but they do not offer an ideal amount of protection. Their properties forgotten, they sat innocuously among crown jewels for years until they became lost to time.

A crystallised form of Saber's unshakeable sanity, they are a mental armour as much as they are physical, defending her from effects that damage her psyche and distract her from her goals. With Cair Lerion, Bravery, and her potent Magic Resistance, it can be said that it is all but impossible to damage her mind by force.

In addition, they aid the healing of her body, repairing wounds and replenishing stamina at a rate that allows her to fight for days on end without rest. It is not a miraculous blessing that renders her invincible, but it is an invaluable edge against Servants superior to herself in destructive power, especially as she is armed only with a sword that is beaten enough to qualify as a club.

Each vambrace possesses these effects independently, albeit weakly, and so it is theoretically possible to pass one to someone else to share their effects. However, because they are weak on their own, Saber is reluctant to do so in the first place.

███████
Shattered Crown of XXXXX
Anti-Unit Class
Rank D
A sword without a single trace of mana left inside it, blunted and broken from overuse, even its tip long since snapped off. A sorry excuse for a blade that has suffered all manners of fatigue and yet still was not lowered for a single second. It is entirely possible to even pity it, and yet it was somehow still sublimated into a Noble Phantasm.

Worn and degraded, the blade will continue to take damage in battle, deteriorating further and further every time Saber uses it, but no matter how damaged it becomes, it will never break. If it can degrade with use however, then it is not out of the question that it might be able to be repaired...

[spoili]
Cortana
Restored Crown of Mercy
Anti-Fortress Class
Rank A++
A Last Phantasm, a holy sword of incredible strength, the symbol of the Isle that was fought for endlessly by the King of Knights, the blade that coronates the sovereign of Britain, the child of the Sword of Selection from so long ago. The Golden Sword of the Victorious, which crowned the king of Albion, was destroyed and reforged by the Lady of the Lake. If Excalibur can be called the "remade form of the premature Caliburn", then Cortana is similar to the "completed state of Caliburn", a sister to the lost blade that never came to be.

It is a divine sword of justice, forged in the same fires and from the same steel as the unbreakable Durandal using Caliburn as a model. With its true name released, it unleashes an arc of silver light that fells any and all it strikes, cleaving the earth and sky alike without restraint. However, the damage it inflicts is almost never lethal. It relentlessly and brutally pushes the target to their utmost limits, inflicting exactly enough damage to break their spirits and quell their murderous intent, but so long as this is possible, this is all the blade will do, and its victims will be left alive so long as they are willing to surrender. For those like Saber herself however, with indomitable willpower and refusal to back down, mercy is truly impossible.
[/spoili]

Personality
"I am a Saber-class Servant. I am a knight. But first and foremost, I am a queen. I hail from a fallen kingdom where the skies burned black with hatred and the ground was soaked in scarlet ichor, and I fought to save it as it fell. I laboured day and night to become a titan of war, and I surpassed every one of my knights in combat so that I would be fit to defeat every army that opposed me personally. This sword was not forged by me, but I wielded it regardless until it was but a blunt slab. I suffered millions of wounds, but I did not once hesitate as I moved on to my next opponent. Despite this, I did not hate them in the least, and I did not kill a single one of them, because while they fought with conviction, they fought with good in their hearts, and to slay a good person would cause me to lose sleep at night. I did not kill anyone that day, or the day before, or the day before, because to watch a good man become great is what brings me happiness. I fight for that reason, for those ideals, and no matter what, I won't lose to anyone."

Saber is a firm, solid young woman whose emotions are like steel. She carries herself with weight and she fights with unparalleled brutal force. A paragon among paladins, she never exercises a modicum of restraint, never shows a hint of exhaustion, and never gives an inch to submission. Her decisions are final and her mind is unshakeable. Once she has made an oath, no force on Earth is capable of making her go back on her word. Her personality is not that of a human, but rather that of a force of nature. In that sense, to call her "unstoppable" would not be an exaggeration in the least.

Despite her fearsome determination however, she is inherently good at heart, and so long as there is even the slightest chance that an enemy will correct themselves, she will adamantly refuse to kill them, and a Master who would force her to is chief among "people that cannot be forgiven". That is a small group indeed, and she is willing to show mercy to any and all, believing that everyone deserves a second chance. That does not mean that she will not respect the convictions of her opponents however, and if she feels that it matches her own and it cannot be swayed, then she will honour that conviction in a battle where she will not patronise them with the kindness of clemency. She believes there is virtue even in darkness, so it is unlikely that any Heroic Spirit or even their Masters would be people she deems irredeemable.

She is very willing to discard the law in favour of what she believes to be right, and she is the kind of person who can forgive even murder. To her own Master, her steel will make its front first, as if evaluating them, but she will slowly warm up to them as they demonstrate their light to her. Indeed, she is before everything a queen, so it is only natural that she adores everyone around her.

Legend
[spoili]
Cordelia was the youngest and most favoured daughter of King Lear of Britain, who ruled the isle for sixty years after the twilight of Arthur's reign, in the dawn of the Age of Man.

Lear, as he grew old, began to lose his mind. When the time came to divide the kingdom among his three daughters, Cordelia's sisters flattered him relentlessly, and at the advice of Lear's nobles, they were granted the provinces of Albany and Cornwall. Cordelia however, secure in her relationship with her father, felt that he did not need her to lower herself to a peon: she loved him as a father, not as a king.

For that, she was given nothing, and not a single suitor was blessed to be her husband. Eventually, even the King of France, Aganippus, attempted to court her, and even then while she was allowed to marry him, Lear was reluctant, but it ultimately saved him. Cordelia's brothers-in-law quickly moved to seize the throne from the king, exiling him to France, where he begged for Cordelia to reclaim their homeland.

―――"For pity's sake, this is completely your own fault, you senile old man!" she chided at the time.

She and Aganippus raised an army and sailed into Britain again, but what she saw horrified her. Soldiers, knights who she recognised, merely following instructions, yet killing and being killed in turn. There was no evil on that battlefield, but there was still so much death. Aganippus was victorious, but Cordelia vowed that this would never happen again.

Lear became king again, ruling for three years before he was finally on his deathbed. Aganippus died shortly after, leaving Cordelia to a peaceful and prosperous reign. Britain was quiet, never once showing aggression towards another nation, such was her vow.

Her nephews, Cunedagius and Marganus, soon came of age to rule Britain whilst Cordelia held the title of queen. Their impatience manifested into anger; the princes found it unacceptable that this woman, who refused to go to war with anyone or sentence a single person to death, who would allow all the evils of the world to remain alive just in case they decided to repent, was the one who ruled Britain.

They raised armies against her, knowing that she still had her vow to "never kill a single good soul again". They were aware that she could not retaliate, she could not condemn an army to fight without a single drop of blood spilled.

They underestimated her.

She took up one of the few swords left from the Round Table, and she trained. She fought against every one of the elite knights of Britain over and over to grow stronger than each and every one of them, and in time, she fought the armies of the princes herself. She defeated those armies, whose only purpose was to kill her, over and over, until her body finally gave out.

She was captured, imprisoned to be placed on trial, displayed with her blunted, broken blade to mock her. She was to be executed, she was certain of that.

Thus in the end, the only person Cordelia would kill in her lifetime was herself.

Because even now, in this dark hour where she did not have a single hope of a happy ending left, she was still a queen.

She would not lose to anyone.
[/spoili]

Summoning Catalyst
One of the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom
[/spoili]

Last edited by a moderator:
And As usual. The Servants are really the only thing worth of interest.

However. As usual. I don't want to bring an overpowered servant. But rather one of those hard to use characters. That pays off well, with decent synergy. however, I think the difficulty lies with the master as well. So, berserker will be an issue. Grr. But Berserker is so cool.

And As usual. The Servants are really the only thing worth of interest.

However. As usual. I don't want to bring an overpowered servant. But rather one of those hard to use characters. That pays off well, with decent synergy. however, I think the difficulty lies with the master as well. So, berserker will be an issue. Grr. But Berserker is so cool.
The Masters are just as interesting if not more so. These kind of RP's shouldn't be all about the battling, so choose a Servant you think would be interesting, not one who would be the best for fighting.

• Useful
Reactions: Sightles
@Tensa Hiruma
I wouldn't go that far. The Masters at least have the benefit of being entirely original if still rooted in the setting. A setting that is loose, inconsistent, and regularly injected with the works of different writers in canon anyway. They get pretty interesting with threads permitting it, but the community stigma towards playing them is totally understandable given how locked down a lot of roleplays tend to be regarding them. If there's anything I can do to help with the difficulties of apping that Berserker I'd be glad to, it's a class I've got a definite soft spot for.

These kind of RP's shouldn't be all about the battling

Amen to that. It's not a real Fate thread until there's uncomfortable double dates in maid cafes between the teams.

Reactions: Random and cojemo
That's why I want the underpowered Kind.
Aside from Characters like Jeanne d'arc (Alter)

But Yes. The weaker ones are exactly because they can be explored more easily. You know what I mean?

---

With the VN's, I've been used to the fights more than the bond points. Sorry guys. XD

Definitely! Having a cast of weaker Servants makes the match-ups a lot more interesting in my opinion because it forces people to be a lot more clever than just bashing their stats around.

Reactions: cojemo
Definitely! Having a cast of weaker Servants makes the match-ups a lot more interesting in my opinion because it forces people to be a lot more clever than just bashing their stats around.
Especially when there's obviously a few stronger Servants. Like right now, Sun Wukong will probably be one of the powerhouses of the war, so it'll be interesting seeing those interactions.

Yeah. Like. Strange fake killed the chance for us to know Heracles as.... a person. Q.Q

I cry.

So, I'm thinking of something I can find that isn't the minotaur, or Hitler/mein Kamfp kind of person. Something minor.

>Wukong the powerhouse
>Saber's got A++ up the ass

And least it's better than Random's ZerkerKong.

@cojemo

But will it be enough to overcome his latent curse as a Jobber Lancer? As far as those interactions go, that's why I'm super stoked for Paris as a location. Fuyuki doesn't really capture the breadth of complexity that a cluttered, ancient city can. And our Caster is gonna have a field day in those catacombs.

@Tensa Hiruma

The kind of vague, less documented heroic spirit, right? It might be difficult to work in such a recent servant with that latter one but it's definitely something that sounds cool to see in action.

>Wukong the powerhouse

Well I mean overall, not just strength. I think people throw the A stat around way too much personally.

Meh.

As long I can avoid bringing Cu Alter, I'm happy.

Maybe saber Gilles... Or Caligula. Grr. So. Many. Choices.

Well I mean overall, not just strength. I think people throw the A stat around way too much personally.

I feel like I made a terrible mistake with Wukong's stats after I was already accepted. After talking to people and sinking teeth into other Fate lore, I've realize how powerful Sun Wukong is. Although, he may seem much more powerful because I didn't detail the drawbacks of some of his kit and how much mana he drains from his master.

Not vague. Just not great. Like Astolfo or one of his buddies. Sir Kay. Or any cereal killer.

Reactions: Sightles
I feel like I made a terrible mistake with Wukong's stats after I was already accepted. After talking to people and sinking teeth into other Fate lore, I've realize how powerful Sun Wukong is. Although, he may seem much more powerful because I didn't detail the drawbacks of some of his kit and how much mana he drains from his master.
Well his staff becoming gigantic is his biggest weapon, but I think it's understandable for him to have the stats he has. He's pretty well known and strong in his myth, and if he was summoned in China he'd probably be stronger.

Wukong's fears are pretty crazy yah. Dude literally became a Buddha. May as well be Chinese Hercules.

Wukong's fears are pretty crazy yah. Dude literally became a Buddha. May as well be Chinese Hercules.

That's true. But I opted to use Pre-Journey to the West Sun Wukong. Having a buddhahood Sun Wukong, I felt like, would be too powerful. Sun Wukong honestly just has so many possessions and skills that he's capable of that it's hard to fit him into a fair scheme. I left a lot of ideas for him on the cutting room floor because there's just too much he can do, even before Journey to the West.

EDIT: I also had to constrain him to a class, and I preferred a Lancer Sun Wukong to a Berserker, or even a Rider.

>Wukong the powerhouse

Hush, you. ZerKong was a delicate flower with only four layers of immortality. In the first place, no Lancer is a powerhouse unless they're at least Cú Cú Kachú-tier.

Besides, this Saber only has A++ if she happens to be paired with a spiritual blacksmith or something. This is me being moderate. Are you entertained yet?

Master

Name: Artem Lilian Mor
Elemental Affinity: Water
Alignment: Neutral Good
Origin: 'Attachment'
Appearance:

Xv6Ftgi.jpg

A dark, tanned fellow of Romanian and Turkish descent, Artem has sharp features, with an easiness about his blue eyes. He stands at a fairly diminutive height of 5'5", although a tendency to slightly slouch accentuates his vertical deficiencies further. His body is toned, lean and responsive, with a wiry strength about it.

Artem's general vibe can be described as ill-at-ease. His movements are unnaturally fluid and languid, as if his body has been consciously compelled into dance-step. His features and mannerisms generally indicate a degree of laissez-faire - basic, snug-fitting shirts contrasted with baggy jackets and outerwear, ruffled bed-head, tattooes that seem to be applied haphazardly and without any sense of continuity (a serpent tattoo has begin from his left side, before suddenly ending halfway across the torso).

Magic
Magic Circuit Quantity: C
Magic Circuit Quality: B
Magecraft/Known Spells: With an Elemental Affinity of Water, Artem's is heavily proficient in managing the flow and transference of power. To that end:

Artem is competent at Healing magecraft, able to restore the injured body over time, and detoxify as well.
He is also highly skilled at the transference of senses and perception (hearing, sight), in many cases using it in tandem with Ihanet (see Mystic Codes), and also using it in conjunction with familiars to scout.
Has a fairly high level of skill pertaining to Reinforcement sorcery. His level of skill in this field allows him to strengthen his arms or legs, to strike or run at abnormal speeds, although never both at once, and in short bursts.

Other Skills: By necessity - given the nature of his Mystic Code and usage of Reinforcement sorcery on the self - Artem is a highly trained martial artist, taking special interest in weapons of a more 'flexible' nature (ala whips, flails); primarily to adjust for Ihanet. Artem can be considered prodigious at that particular style of weapon, taking full advantage of his impressive spatial awareness, reaction times, dexterity, and creativity. While Ihanet inherently possesses a degree of fine control, Artem would still be able to perform outrageous curving strikes with ordinary whips and flails, including 'trick strikes' such as ricocheting the lash of a whip across a wall to strike the back of an opponent's head.

Otherwise, is quite the dancer given his agility and dexterity, and has a passable singing voice. Finally, his travels have given him an understanding of various European cultures, and facility with a wide range of languages.

Mystic Codes:

Mystic Code: Ihanet, Serpentine Weapon
A versatile mystic code that initially takes the form of an abnormally large set of rosary beads, numbering forty-eight in total. In its base form, it is typically wielded in one hand as if a whip, its structure made hardened and rigid as if under the effects of 'Ehwaz'. As a whip-like implement, it is able to extend according to the master's whims (both bead and line alike are incredibly malleable, being able to shift from solid to amorphous), striking at impressive distance and with enough force to dash stone and bone alike. Usefully, each of the beads can be forcefully ejected from the whip, with the penetrative power of a magically enhanced bullet. In either case, rendering the structure amorphous can be used for non-harmful subjugation, with Ihanet taking on the consistency of goop and being able to restrain foes.

Combined with Artem's capabilities with Water-affinity, Artem is able to manipulate the weapon's form and structure remotely. Essentially, Artem is able to control Ihanet from a distance, with Ihanet serving as an impressively sized (due to its extension capabilities) serpentine construct, moving at great speed, and striking with great force. Secondly, there is an alternative 'remote-control' mode, where each of the forty-eight beads can be separately controlled, a veritable swarm of relentless projectiles.

The remote usage detailed in the second paragraph, however, is a Mana-intensive affair, and cannot be sustained for extended periods when also factoring in the upkeep costs of maintaining a Servant.

Personality: Even-keeled, neutral, Artem seemingly operates in a perpetual state of calm. His politeness and formal mannerisms have been rehearsed long ago, and nowadays are recited as an almost mocking ritual. Despite a lazy, nonchalant, and almost reluctance to adhere, Artem nonetheless abides by typically accepted moral conventions, and will admit to feeling just enough compassion to feel strongly compelled to altruism.

Unlike the stereotypical 'calm and collected operative', it would be a stretch to also paint Artem as contemplative and deliberate. Artem approaches matters in a cavalier manner, which is like to be a fatal flaw in situations where he meets his match. With that said, he has enough of a savvy about him, and a tendency towards resourcefulness.

Finally, it should be clarified that his 'perpetual state of calm' is, to a degree, a facade. Artem demonstrates obsessive, and highly emotional - albeit repressed for long stretches of time -, and almost always fantastically romanticized attachment towards friends and companions, and enters periods of depression after separation, and absolute distress if the other party is to come upon disaster, permanent or otherwise.

Biography: Foremost son of a Romanian Magus family, Artem's life was functional, if not glamorous. The teachings of the family's various arts was an insular affair, which left Artem uninspired and disenchanted. This his father eventually decided to take him under his wing as a travelling understudy, then, was ultimately what saved Artem from a fate of mediocrity. Travelling the world was what allowed him to come across all the various faces and voices of it, a mosaic that triggered a sort of passion for life.

And so, for a long while, Artem was content with his place in life, until he dreamt. A recurring dream - the worst kind of all. The face of a beautiful woman, inviting, tantalizing, and unchanging in all of his dreams. Yet Artem did not know who the face belonged to, and dwelled on the matter until it became obsession. His place and story in the Grail War, then, is intrinsically linked to the face in the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.